Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2021 10:30 AM

Jan 2009
I like this show, but the way the season began was cringy as hell, we get it Senku is awesome, we don't need to be reminded every single episode.

I don't remember the cup noodles part from the manga, is it anime original?
Jan 14, 2021 10:32 AM
Dec 2020
oh my ...we see tank anime ver in the end...
Jan 14, 2021 10:34 AM
Aug 2020
When Asagiri changes to the girl's voice when his hair is changing is that the sfx from jojo? I need some confirmations I might being going crazy.
Jan 14, 2021 10:41 AM
Oct 2019
Just banger!!!!!!!
Jan 14, 2021 10:52 AM

Dec 2018
I’ve been waiting for a while and it’s finally here. Will edit and write my thoughts after I see it for myself!

Now that I’ve finished the episode, it was a pretty good start for S2. I hope the rest of the season is just as good or even better because I have high expectations. And I love how ramen was their first priority here LOL. Can’t wait to see more!
CotawebJan 14, 2021 11:25 AM

Jan 14, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2019
And we're back (I'm back)
The op is a banger, that jazzy slow pace really...*chef kiss*

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Um... they really think this informational campaign would work out? I'm too old for this rate of madness and retardness.

Just take a sit, and think about it a second.

You just got revived by that guy you heard on the TV as the most powerful highschooler of japan after years of unconsciousness in a 'stoned' state and society as you knew it just isn't here anymore.

That guy offer you to serve him for his ideal world that you think is dumb but accept it anyway cause you have no where to go and you literally couldn't confront him.

Later, you hear from a familar electronic device in that 'hopless' world that people (Americans) have 'survived' and already have society as you knew back on track, but hold on, how many chance in a million ? A billion ? A 10 billion is that possible ? and suddenly a well known voice hit you, the biggest pop star of the 2010's start singing and inviting you to join them.

Would you accept ? Or is that too retarded for that 'stone world' you're living in, in fear of dying at any moment ?
Jan 14, 2021 10:59 AM

Nov 2019
Yo i love this opening dunno what you guys are talking bout
Jan 14, 2021 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
Switch_Z said:
deg said:
i do not remember the instant ramen noodles invention in the manga is that filler?

anyway glad its back and the OP visuals are good but the song is average

I don't remember that space food story being in the manga as well. It felt like a filler to gap the previous season and the actual continuation

ye agreed looks like a filler indeed
Jan 14, 2021 11:17 AM
Feb 2018
Julianfoxy said:

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Um... they really think this informational campaign would work out? I'm too old for this rate of madness and retardness.

You just got revived by that guy you heard on the TV as the most powerful highschooler of japan after years of unconsciousness in a 'stoned' state and society as you knew it just isn't here anymore.

That guy offer you to serve him for his ideal world that you think is dumb but accept it anyway cause you have no where to go and you literally couldn't confront him.

Later, you hear from a familar electronic device in that 'hopless' world that people (Americans) have 'survived' and already have society as you knew back on track, but hold on, how many chance in a million ? A billion ? A 10 billion is that possible ? and suddenly a well known voice hit you, the biggest pop star of the 2010's start singing and inviting you to join them.

Would you accept ? Or is that too retarded for that 'stone world' you're living in, in fear of dying at any moment ?

I'd be rather scared that this gizmo is appeared in my place without anyone noticing this happening.
I understand the whole concept of informational campaign and warfare and its affect on the stone world, but why the katanas and gunpowder impressed no one in Tsukasa's tribe? Why no ranged weapons? Yeah, againts Tsukasa it didn't work, but what about others? Why descendants of cosmonauts didn't have invent the wheel and at least some sort of medicine? To let Senku lead them, I guess.
And this whole plan is not just the last thing I would've thought about. I would've never thought about it. And perfectly adds to general level of illogicalness.
Jan 14, 2021 11:27 AM

May 2018
Taiju looked way too sexy there xD

senku being 1 billion percent based yet again
Jan 14, 2021 11:54 AM

Jul 2020
One of my fav arcs in this show even though I find this show mediocre overall. Can't wait to watch this again!
Jan 14, 2021 12:18 PM

Mar 2017
And so it begins! The first mission of the Stone Wars has begun and I'm 10 billion percent excited! I read this arc in the manga a long time ago now, so it's really awesome to see it all over again.

I've missed the characters, but especially Gen with his shady af personality and he didn't disappoint in this ep haha
Jan 14, 2021 12:20 PM
May 2020
Though it was partially a recap for s1, the way the episode presented itself was extremely good imo.

It didn't feel iffy in any way making it more natural for the continuation of the story baring in mind that most people would've watched without consciously reminding themselves of the plot.

I'm excited for this stone war arc ngl😎😎😎
Jan 14, 2021 12:22 PM
May 2020
the opening goes hard ahlie. don't know why bare man tryna speak down on it
Jan 14, 2021 12:52 PM

Jan 2021
I'm looking forward to getting some questions answered this season. :)
Jan 14, 2021 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Same pace and everything like the first season.
There’s something special about this series that I can’t really put my finger on.
We’ll just have to keep watching :3
我愛你
Jan 14, 2021 1:33 PM

Dec 2014
I honestly don't understand why this anime have so high rating on MAL, the idea of getting back to the stone age seems rather interesting but they screwed almost everything else.

Firstable you would think that anime about science should be at least mildly serious right? Noo, within one episode there is like 10 scenes where characters do stupid faces which completely destroys immerse, if this is supposed to be funny then o boy, comedy quality really got terrible these days.

Secondable most of the characters are still straight up annoying and not interesting at all. They are so unrealistic that it's almost caricature.

The only reason why I still watching it is because of general plot about war, though I don't see any chance for Tsukasa to win this battle if his opponent is literal walking uncle Google.
Jan 14, 2021 1:42 PM

Jun 2019
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Julianfoxy said:

I'd be rather scared that this gizmo is appeared in my place without anyone noticing this happening.

''anyone noticing it appearing'' nobody said it would just happen to be found randomly by a goon where it is(will be), that's just a route out of thousands of others, and that route isn't applicable from a storytelling perspective and that's why, if you paid attention to the episode, Taiju and Yuzuriha were mentioned(saying more would be spoiler)

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

I understand the whole concept of informational campaign and warfare and its affect on the stone world, but why the katanas and gunpowder impressed no one in Tsukasa's tribe? Why no ranged weapons? Yeah, againts Tsukasa it didn't work, but what about others?

Oh they are impressed, but 'lOgiCaLlY' you don't just join the opposite side just because they are more advanced even in a stone world cause, in their collective mind, ishigami village is a threat, they could just take them and their tools over and 'kill both birds with one stone'.

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Why descendants of cosmonauts didn't have invent the wheel and at least some sort of medicine? To let Senku lead them, I guess.

Yes for the last part but also, they may have at some point made some relatively simple 'medecine' to 'cure' ~regular~ deseases (kohaku taking hot water from hot springs to Ruri every day to calm down her illness, yeah those kind of things) but notice how small they are for a 3700 year old group of people, life expectancy must be relatively small.
(...and average astronaut is not exactly a medical college graduate. They're mostly there as guinea pigs (lol) and just have sufficient degree in ingeeniering and first aid for keeping the station and their body in check. They won't just know how to casually make médecine on a desert island in the middle of the Pacific ocean.)
Jan 14, 2021 1:44 PM

Nov 2014
Jan 14, 2021 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
I mean are they really going to hell tho?

Sure they're lying but the alternative is to actually war and commit violence so which is really more likely to land you in hell?
Jan 14, 2021 1:49 PM
May 2020
Yess it's finally here, been waiting since I finished Season 1 in June!
Jan 14, 2021 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
It's only been a little over a year since season 1, but I do miss the antics of the main cast and whatever Senku is working on next. It's good to have Dr. Stone back. =3

The battle against Tsukasa draws so close now, but we still had time for Senku to come up with a way to be able to freeze the ramen dishes. The comedic expressions and reactions, mostly from Chrome and Gen, are just as funny as before, so no worries there.

The OP is properly epic and I might already prefer it over season 1's OP songs. Great melody to the song while the animation offers us a nice tease into what's to come. I do look forward to seeing how Senku's group goes up against Tsukasa's empire and pray that Senku is able to win. =D
Jan 14, 2021 1:56 PM

Jun 2019
AveroPL said:
I honestly don't understand why this anime have so high rating on MAL, the idea of getting back to the stone age seems rather interesting but they screwed almost everything else.

Because many people like it, it's not rocket science lmao. Just give it a 1/10 score and go if you want is the be lowered so bad.

AveroPL said:
Firstable you would think that anime about science should be at least mildly serious right? Noo, within one episode there is like 10 scenes where characters do stupid faces which completely destroys immerse, if this is supposed to be funny then o boy, comedy quality really got terrible these days.

Ah yes, the god of creativity and comedy himself have decided that every show about science need to be berserk level serious to be enjoyed.

AveroPL said:
Secondable most of the characters are still straight up annoying and not interesting at all. They are so unrealistic that it's almost caricature.

It's almost like they're supposed to be written that way for a specific storytelling format. You are the type of individual who complains that there is sugar in cotton candy.
Jan 14, 2021 2:03 PM

Jun 2019
Inugirlz said:
I mean are they really going to hell tho?

Sure they're lying but the alternative is to actually war and commit violence so which is really more likely to land you in hell?

Thé ''we're going to hell part'' is more about the fact that they're using Lillian voice to lie (it's actually quite disturbing lol) and the other fact that they could've ultimately plot an other 'non violent route' but choose to go with that profanity one anyway.
Jan 14, 2021 2:13 PM
Mar 2018
Welcome back, Senku-chan!

It hasn't been long since Dr. Stone first season, but it was great to see this return. Let the stone wars begin!

Jan 14, 2021 2:15 PM

May 2019
Plenty of Gen. Me happy.

Gotta say, I don't love Dr. Stone but I realised that I actually missed it. It's fun and unique.

I don't think their way would end the war tho but who knows... I hope they have a plan B, C, D, E...

OP is funky. I liked it.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 14, 2021 2:30 PM
Jun 2019
Syureria said:

Bomb bomb bakudan.... Duar

Seems familiar. lmaoo
Jan 14, 2021 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
Julianfoxy said:
Ah yes, the god of creativity and comedy himself have decided that every show about science need to be berserk level serious to be enjoyed.

No, I wouldn't mind some comedy but scenes with stupid faces made in ms paint are painful and cringy to watch.

Julianfoxy said:
It's almost like they're supposed to be written that way for a specific storytelling format. You are the type of individual who complains that there is sugar in cotton candy.

You mean that author wrote characters to be childish, two-dimensional and annoying to match storytelling about apocalypse, progress from scratch and war between two factions?

In my opinion this anime could be even as great as Attack on Titan if characters would have any depth and approach to the subject would be more realistic because idea is very interesting, but potential is wasted.
Jan 14, 2021 2:54 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 14, 2021 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
rasterman7 said:
Switch_Z said:

I don't remember that space food story being in the manga as well. It felt like a filler to gap the previous season and the actual continuation

Yeah, I don’t remember that either but I agree that it served as a continuation from S1.

Great first episode, full of emotion and characterization. Too bad the op kinda spoils the tank but at least they maintained the scientific preview of the next episode.

Right? That's a sweet little touch to the series
Jan 14, 2021 3:06 PM

Nov 2013
YES, IT'S BACK! The quality is superb! Can't wait for more!
Jan 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Sep 2020
Really cool first episode. Really missed the comedy and bright tone of it!
The OP song is really cool too!

Damn! would you look at them!

Are we gonna see this get built?

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Jan 14, 2021 3:29 PM

Feb 2018
JuanlikesAnime said:
Seems familiar. lmaoo
hhmm...

Jan 14, 2021 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
The crazy science team is back and man this has me hyped up like crazy! No surprise that Senku would make cup ramen, can't blame him though!

So the stone wars will begin and I can't wait to see this unfold.

Also did I see a Tank near the end??? I want to see that part asap XD
Jan 14, 2021 4:04 PM

Aug 2018
Dudes I can't, seeing Senku's father in flashbacks, after Keiji Fujiwara's death, knowing why we cannot hear him talk, holy shit i'm crying for real.

Feels a lot like filler but still EXHILARATING nonetheless, can't wait for the confrontation. Tsukasa stays so real, cleaning that little girl head after destroying her father, my man is conflicted, I'd root for him if the kingdom of Science weren't >>> to stone age.
Jan 14, 2021 4:14 PM

Jun 2019
AveroPL said:
Julianfoxy said:

No, I wouldn't mind some comedy but scenes with stupid faces made in ms paint are painful and cringy to watch.

Julianfoxy said:

You mean that author wrote characters to be childish, two-dimensional and annoying to match storytelling about apocalypse, progress from scratch and war between two factions?

In my opinion this anime could be even as great as Attack on Titan if characters would have any depth and approach to the subject would be more realistic because idea is very interesting, but potential is wasted.

My guy right here throwing tantrum cause he's watching the wrong show.
No I didn't see character being 'childish' (that word has been thrown around too many time on MAL it loose meaning) I just saw them interacting in a fun and over the top way, the Dr Stone way cause this have been proper to the series since episode 1 in the first trucking few seconds. You're getting what you were advertised. Period.

Trying to compare Dr.Stone to any other anime is really tricky. It a very unique animé/manga with a specific tonal shift management which work with the setting and overall storytelling. Any comparison would be ultimately flawed.

Is it that hard to say you don't like it an drop it ? I mean, you'll read a wiki summary on the plot once the manga is finished (there's all ready a summary on how the stone wars played out) you don't need too suffer through these episode every week just for the plot while hating everything else.
Jan 14, 2021 4:22 PM

Jun 2019
The reviews are already comedy material it's glorious.
Jan 14, 2021 4:25 PM

Jun 2014
Dr. Stone is finally back, time for the Stone Wars!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 14, 2021 4:33 PM

Mar 2016
welcome back dr.stone, i missed it a lot, the cringey-ness, the lot!

let's get it <3

Jan 14, 2021 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
epic episode, I'm looking forward to the next episode, senku as always surprising.

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:34 PM
Jan 14, 2021 5:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Like it never left, Dr. Stone is finally back, and what a good episode it was. Partly recap, but I’m okay with that since I personally haven’t watched it since season 1 finished lol, but very excited for more. And that OP did not disappoint either, definitely an instant banger for me.
Jan 14, 2021 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
Stone Wars...truly a solid first episode of the Second Season!!!
Let's go for the wild ride!!!
5/5.

Jan 14, 2021 5:52 PM

Feb 2017
Such a good start! The wait was totally worthy, this first episode was awesome and I cannot wait for what they are gonna do from now on!
Jan 14, 2021 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
good shit missed this show time for some fucking science
Jan 14, 2021 6:47 PM
Jun 2015
Man this series reminds me of Assassination Classroom for some reason. Just feel like there's not gonna be much danger in it.
Jan 14, 2021 7:02 PM
Nov 2020
loved this first episode, can't wait 'till the stone wars kick off so we can see that cell phone in use
Jan 14, 2021 7:13 PM

Jun 2019
shane_nichols said:
Man this series reminds me of Assassination Classroom for some reason. Just feel like there's not gonna be much danger in it.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm really bracing myself so hard now to avoid spoiling anything lmao (not specifically about the Stone Wars arc either).
Jan 14, 2021 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
Happy to have this back, fantastic episode again.

I knew it, when I heard space food and ramen my first thought was, is he making Instant Noodles/Ramen and oh he did, how he did. Senkuu the absolute madman, what would we do without you? xD
Once again, show does an incredible job at reminding just how much of modern technology is taken for granted.

Gen scheming an interesting plan to completely deceive the Tsukasa empire but the question is how gullible are they and will it even go as planned? Chrome busting in at the end of the conversation and declaring himself an accomplice was great too.

Looking forward to this arc.
Jan 14, 2021 8:14 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
It's so good to be back in the Stone World. Senku is such a terrific protagonist, he's a guy you can believe in. Gen has also really come into his own too, offering his talents and even ideas to the cause. Finally Chrome, who continues to be both hilarious and capable. They're really a great and lovable trio.

Also, Homura is smoking hot. Just want to throw that out there.
Jan 14, 2021 9:08 PM

Dec 2016
FINALLY IT'S BACK!! There back to making crazy re-invention at this age.

Loved the OP and ED. Can't wait for the full version.

When Senkuu remembered his dad while eating ramen was so heartwarming...

“Don't worry, God's been absent in the world of science for ten billion years.” - The best quote from this episode 👌🏽

It's sad that it'll have just 11 episodes.
Rickydory123Jan 14, 2021 9:14 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

238 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

130 by sadsaggyballs »»
Mar 27, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

181 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

168 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

129 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 18, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.