Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 18, 2021 1:09 PM
Aug 2016
What a perfect ending to such a massive series this was!
Gintama has been my all time favorite anime ever since I started watching anime, and nothing changes that. Loved it all the way from the start to the end.

10/10 movie
10/10 anime
10/10 characters

One of the rare cases where the anime actually elevates the story of the manga. I will miss this anime dearly and never forget about it till the end of my life. :')
Jul 18, 2021 1:12 PM

Apr 2020
oh god, i can't help but cry after watching this movie, it's not because this movie is so sad but because knowing this series with amazing journey needs to come to an end. my best anime of all time.
parody, funny moments, tear jerking moments, bad ass moments, 4th wall breaking, etc. This movie really wraps up what do you usually find on gintama. 10/10
Jul 18, 2021 2:07 PM

Feb 2020
ITS finally Ended. And ITS Not a joke... Cuz I check the manga after and yeah ITS really over... and even after the end they're adding more sketch in the endddd for a last lol. I love all the characters and this is the first anime I watched that have so many genre in it, like you want drama you got it... Some Shounen shit ohjj don't worry or maybe a romance between galaxy???? We cover you baby... Anything you want was in this anime and for me thats awesome for an anime to pull it up... And they Can even pull up a scenario that really sad and turn it into a comedy just like that... Ohhh yeah there is one Ep when it suddenly become a horror genre, I think ITS in the radio?? They just fucking turn a sad story' to a fucking Horror... How brilliant was that?? Lol, I just jump when I first time Saw that Ep.... Btw... For me this anime Will always be my number one... So long Gintama............. [THE END] [NOT A FAKE END ANYMORE]
Jul 18, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
wait but who tf is gintoki's parents. i don't remember if they told us but it making crazy and frustrated not knowing anything bfr he met shoyo.
Jul 18, 2021 3:04 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This movie marks the end of one of my most beloved franchises of all time T_T The animation quality was phenomenal, thank you Sunrise!

Fuck Fate/HF and Mugen Train, this movie right here has the best fight I've ever seen. Goddamn, this movie made a mess of me with those feels T_T

Thanks for all these precious memories over the past decade.

Be forever, Yorozuya!
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 18, 2021 8:30 PM
Jan 2018
silversaint said:
i driopped this show around ep 250 i think but i watched this one outta curiosity, the main fight was confusing, didnt like that, the rest was the usual Amanto jobber killing, ever since this show started i wondered, how did those guys even won the war? they suck, they weak AF, a single samurai can take on 10 of those aliens
as usual i enjoyed the comedy bits much more than the action

doesn't seem like gintama is your thing, but you're missing out on a LOT of context, sadly you didn't watch 2015 which is the best season, I am surprised you gave the movie a 5/10, shouldn't it be like 3/10 with literally no context?
Jul 18, 2021 9:12 PM
Aug 2016
Also, I forgot to mention one thing.

Gintoki vs Takasugi/Utsuro Part 2 fighting choreography was sooooooo gooood! It felt better than Kakashi vs Obito fight choreography tbh, which was already goated in of itself. Sunrise really nailed it and portrayed all the emotions so nicely as well.
Jul 19, 2021 12:17 AM
Jan 2017
Does anyone else just feel empty now? Like I know we didn't have Gintama for a few years but now that it's officially over I feel so depressed. The show carried me through high school and had so many great moments. I am glad at the same time that I watched this great show but regret that I won't experience that same laughter again.
Jul 19, 2021 12:40 AM

Oct 2017
That shit was epic. The animation was really nice throughout and the focus on Takasugi and Gintoki was just so fulfilling. The big fight was epic but it also got me a bit confused. I know Utsuro is sharing his body but how did he imagine so much of what happened and then not know his body was on the ground? What was the second body he saw then?
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Jul 19, 2021 1:10 AM

Aug 2017
I do think that the fights were over too quick for me compared to previous fights, which made it feel a bit rushed. But I still enjoyed it, not the best ending. But at least they didn't screw it up!
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Jul 19, 2021 2:15 AM

Mar 2016
i am a bit confused with the drawing style. i am more pleased with gintama classical ones, like at the ending school sketch (btw, this sketch was fun to watch)
in general, it's a nice movie and nice ending. the movie includes everything gintama needs: humour, drama, drama before absurd scene. we all love it. sadly it's time to say goodbye. sorachi-sensei, thank you.

p.s. glad i still have more than 600 chapters of manga i still didn't read
Jul 19, 2021 7:07 AM

Mar 2011
It was very good movie but, last half was pretty stupid even for Gintama standarts.
Still 2nd movie is the best one and best animated one.
Sunrise is miles better than Banda Namco Pictures.
Jul 19, 2021 1:09 PM

May 2011
Finally i was able to watch it online! After completing the manga and waited for this part to be animated so for long, finally i got to see it with my own eyes, thank you sunrise studio for making such a masterpiece adapted. almost to perfection at that!

It's your good ol' gintama with tear jerking moments and occasional jokes and parody here and there packed into one show. Although there are parts that are slightly unsatisfying but it is safe to say this would be a perfect conclusion to a perfect series. They even added a little cute Q&A at the end to answer some questions that a lot of the fan has!

10/10 for me. the insert song and ED are just so good, and when the bgm kicks in for some of the scene, it just takes you down the feel train. Top notch animation too. Fight scenes are smooth and transitions are great as well. Couldn't have asked for more.

What hits me so hard about this series is how well the author managed to come up with a backstory for so many different supporting characters apart from the main trio, and to link them all together in different arcs. Not only the main trio gets spotlight, but the side characters get to shine alot in this series too. Throw in the occasional jokes and parody, is what make this show one of the best.

Thank you hideaki sorachi, I'll miss this series for sure.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 19, 2021 1:14 PM

Jul 2011
And the journey ended for good (probably).

So we always called Gintoki wrong? When we should had called GIN3?

As foreshadowed since the early Gintama days, the last fight was against Takasugi, even knowing that would be that, was a great happening.

This certainly was the perfect ending to close Gintama.
Jul 19, 2021 2:40 PM
Aug 2020
I've been watching plenty of TV series and anime, but nothing comes close to it
Jul 19, 2021 3:40 PM
Mar 2016
Finally got down and watched the movie. What a fantastic finale for an even more fantastic show. A true gem of fiction that will forever be etched in to my soul. Thank you Gintama for the memories. 10/10.
Jul 19, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2020
Greatest movie I have ever seen.

Right from the start I was dying from laughter from the recap. yes, the recap....

The fact that I understood every dragon ball reference (Minor or major) made it a thousand times better.

Some parts early on before utsuro came back were a little boring but I don't mind. That fight with utsuro/takasugi and gintoki was just... beautiful. The nonstop switches and parallels to the past was brilliant. Not to mention the animation. One of the greatest fights I've ever watched

rip takasugi though (?)

I do like how they intentionally left it vague but I think that was takasugi? I mean, I don't really mind either way because everything was peak.

It was super emotional seeing the future and how everyone lives life after the war. It's so well done. And of course, madao just makes it classic madao style lmao

I love the wadachi ending and how so many combined visuals from previous endings. It was perfect

I wasn't expecting a ginpachi sensei segment but oh boy, that was the best way to end off the series. I loved those segments in the first season and they slowly kinda became irrelevant. The fact that it got remembered again puts a smile on my face

This movie was everything. Funny moments and sad moments put into one great conclusion for a strong top 2 series for me.

I'll miss gintama and it's characters so much. Thank you for everything sorachi sensei and sunrise/bandai namco pictures

Jul 19, 2021 10:18 PM

Jul 2015
Icebreaker93 said:
It was very good movie but, last half was pretty stupid even for Gintama standarts.
They're the same studio and staff bro
Sup...
Jul 19, 2021 10:32 PM

Jul 2020
Finally after months of waiting I was able to watch the final movie. But damn I was really preparing myself because it means that this is the end >~<

This movie is superb, lot of fight scenes that are really really great. Damn animation, thanks for the dragon balls the animators had done a great job LMAO And of course the comedy is still on point and never fails. The anime was also concluded in a very nice way. Good thing they have the Ginpatchi Sensei at the end, what a great way to end the movie.

I’m so happy but sad at the same time >~< now it’s time for me to finish the manga LOL

P.S.

Thank you so much Sorachi sensei for giving us this great story and great characters >~<
Jul 19, 2021 10:59 PM

Jun 2021
Ah, Finally it ended, The best movie I've ever seen. The animation was superb. I was dying of laughter and cried many times. The fight scene was one of the best I've seen. The conclusion was satisfying. The ending song was really good.
The Ginpachi sensei segment, in the end, was soo hilarious. It truly managed to keep up the quality till the end.
Man, I will miss this show.
But, again it ended with the most Gintama way possible lol, so I'm happy that I was a part of this journey.

In the end, Thank you, Sorachi sensei for giving us a wonderful series and I hope you come back again someday with another awesome series.

Jul 20, 2021 12:15 AM

Mar 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
Icebreaker93 said:

Maybe the staff is same but studio itself is different.
Jul 20, 2021 12:20 AM

Dec 2019
Icebreaker93 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Maybe the staff is same but studio itself is different.

What matters are the staffs, not the studio.
BNC is a branch of Sunrise, they moved the Gintama team to that studio.

As they had explained in the final episode of the second silver soul season, they faced some hurdles after the Gintama 2015, that is production schedule.
Some long time animators also quit around the time Porori aired. (the reason why silver soul's animation sometime looks bad)

The Final movie have a better animation overall than the second movie, most people just aren't used to the new artsyle.
Jul 20, 2021 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
What a finale. A perfect ending. These are thought after I finished watching the movie. For me, Gintama has always been and will be one of the greatest animes of all time. I have never watched an anime that makes me laugh and cry so many times. I'm so glad that being a part of the journey for so many years. Farewell Yorozuya. You will be missed.
Jul 20, 2021 10:24 PM

Apr 2020
What a great movie. Pacing felt kinda weird though, I think a new season wouldve worked better than a movie. Nevertheless, it's still a perfect way to end the series. I am so grateful that I watched this masterpiece of an anime. It has been a journey getting to this point.

Thank you Sorachi and everyone who has supported and watched this anime throughout the years! (was a bit late to the party though)

Also, why is Kamui in Edo? I think I missed something.
atoroe1Jul 20, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 21, 2021 1:46 AM

Nov 2018
After so long, Gintama has now completed. It's a bit sad that we've reached this point, but we should consider ourselves lucky that the series got adapted in its entirety.

The production values were fantastic for this movie. Music was amazing, art & animation at its best for the series. It was the best send off we could've asked for.

What an ending, what a movie! 10/10.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 21, 2021 10:14 AM

Jun 2016
The music track that plays around 10 minutes into the film sounds a lot like this one:

Or maybe I'm dumb
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 21, 2021 10:52 AM

Apr 2021
GOATED End to a GOATED series. Absolutely amazing end. I'll miss you Gintama😞😞

Jul 21, 2021 9:33 PM
Oct 2020
Best movie ever............
Jul 22, 2021 12:28 AM

Feb 2018
Wasn't the official release next month? And how is the quality? Both video and sound.
Jul 22, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2018
7so said:
Wasn't the official release next month? And how is the quality? Both video and sound.

Full HD and great sound quality. No munching on chips or sobbing like the version of Violet Evergarden movie on 9anime currently.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 22, 2021 3:20 AM
Nov 2020
Amazing as always, but fr who is the baby at the end?
Jul 22, 2021 3:30 AM

Feb 2018
_cjessop19_ said:
7so said:

Full HD and great sound quality. No munching on chips or sobbing like the version of Violet Evergarden movie on 9anime currently.

Great, I'll watch it as soon as I can.Thanks
Jul 22, 2021 3:48 AM
Aug 2020
Loved every bit of it. A fitting ending to an absolute masterpiece. I Will miss Gintama now.
Jul 22, 2021 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
i'm really really really glad they ending it with comedy,it's really Gintama
Jul 22, 2021 8:22 PM

Apr 2007
The ending to Gintama is finally here. What a journey it has been! I've followed the series ever since it first aired in 2006 and enjoyed it the entire time. This really felt like the perfect conclusion from the fights, to the comedy, to the character's interactions, with so many surprising twists along the way. I loved it all!

It was also hilarious that it felt like there were 2 parts where it could have ended, almost like adding to the fact that Sorachi kept extended the series despite saying he was almost finished, until we reached the end. Ginpachi-sensei spinoff when?

Gintama will forever be my favorite series, truly one of a kind. Thank you for everything <3

------

In case anyone was curious; Hattori Zenzo's new voice actor was Morikawa Toshiyuki. Definitely not the best choice, but he only had a couple lines anyway :v
Jul 23, 2021 3:39 PM

Nov 2016
The Dragon Ball Z(and One Piece) recap was fire. Sasuga Gintama, what a way to start off. Also lol @ the Sadaharu eating Gin gag.

Drama and action weren't at it's peak imo, that doesn't mean this wasn't any good, some of the previous arcs were simply too amazing. Still, Takasugi farewell and reincartion were quite the heavy hitters. I'm glad the master gave his student this chance. Also loved the part when the Yorozuya guys helped Shoyo. It's like past and present met. Generally, was pretty awesome to see the whole cast coming together for this finale. The random silly epilogue was like my favorite segment. Could watch these guys fooling around for hours. Makes me wish this would've gone on for another few years. Alas, the manga has ended two years ago and now the anime has come to a close too. Truly the end of an era. There will probably never be a gag series as epic as Gintama. Even tho, it was way more than just that. It conveyed all kind of emotions.

Thank you for everything 🦍-sensei.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 27, 2021 7:05 PM

Nov 2020
Best movie I have ever seen.
Goodbye to one of my favorite animes
Jul 27, 2021 7:35 PM
Jul 2021
Di komen ini ada ada gak yang bahasa indonesia? 😂
Jul 27, 2021 7:35 PM
Jul 2021
Di komen ini ada ada gak yang bahasa indonesia? 😂
Jul 27, 2021 10:16 PM
Jul 2020
An epic conclusion to an epic series. I whole heartedly enjoyed the ending. Really excited to see what the mangaka comes up with next.
Jul 28, 2021 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao strong start with the Z Warriors and Silver Ball :D
Takasugi and Shouyou's scenes were beautifully done.
Lmao I knew they'd make some kind of joke that it actually wasn't that far in the future but it still caught my off guard!

In true Gintama fashion they ended the series as well as they could.
What an amazing series honestly.

Yorozuya Forever <3
Jul 29, 2021 1:58 PM

Jun 2016
It's so sad to see Gintama went from gold into garbage for the past 6 years.
I hope I'm not the only user who gives a genuine 1/10. Gintama was my favorite anime, but it has lost its charm and become a generic shounen. The comedy is not even funny anymore.
EdocchiJul 29, 2021 2:06 PM
Jul 31, 2021 5:11 PM

Jan 2014
You know when I first started Gintama like 5 years ago, I got to episode 20ish and dropped it. I thought it was extremely overpraised and the comedy felt dry. Fast forward many years later I gave it another chance, and I've completely finished the anime. It really is an anime that you have to stick with to appreciate the characters and their comedic dynamics. Now I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece like many claim it to be....however it's one amazing anime that I would definitely recommend to people

As for the movie itself while it was still a solid way to conclude the show, it definitely could have been a lot better. I expected a huge budget dropping fight between Utsuro and Gintoki that would make my jaw drop like the fight back when Gintoki fought Takasugi. While it did look good, it ended pretty fast.....Honestly would have liked an ending where Hasegawa got back together with his wife since he was my favorite character in the show, but the gag ending he got wasn't bad either so it's alright I suppose. Still a good film.

Also a side note that I do want to bring up: If gintama had a lot more serious arcs on par with the 4 Devas and Yoshiwara in Flames, this show could have probably been a 9/10 for me, but sadly that wasn''t the case. I genuinely believe Gintama shined the best when it got fucking real, rather it's very hit or miss comedy episodes/arcs.

An 8/10 score to the movie, and an 8/10 to the series as a whole.
Jul 31, 2021 9:51 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Edocchi said:
It's so sad to see Gintama went from gold into garbage for the past 6 years.
I hope I'm not the only user who gives a genuine 1/10. Gintama was my favorite anime, but it has lost its charm and become a generic shounen. The comedy is not even funny anymore.
Gintama was your "generic" shonen from the very start, from Benizakura. It is your own fault for being so blind.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 1, 2021 10:55 AM

Jan 2020
This movie summed up:

Aug 3, 2021 4:02 AM

Dec 2013
The recap was way too much fun. Takasugi really does make for a good Vegeta.

Loved the action and music in this movie. Although I actually liked Katsura's fight more than Gintoki's final fight with Takasugi/Utsuro for some weird reason.

The ending narrations were very classic Gintama. RIP 4th wall.

The future being Hasgawa's fantasy honestly caught me off guard. Only Gintama would pull off a ridiculous troll moment like that in its final moments.

The final Gintoki sensei skit was a pleasant surprise.
Aug 3, 2021 6:04 AM

Aug 2019
Oh no my favorite anime has ended now.....utsuro vs gintoki was the best fight and ending with ginpachi sensei with soraki.......perfect and satisfying conclusion to gintama
Aug 3, 2021 2:30 PM

Aug 2013
I like the DBZ intro lmao, but to be honest it deserves 8/10 at most the material isn't enough for 1:40 hour movie
Aug 6, 2021 12:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Wouldn't be Gintama if it wasn't trolling even at the very end

I think Yorozuya no Eien Nare was probably better still but it was overall a quite fitting conclusion to everything. Wrapping up something as ginormous as Gintama was always going to be difficult but I think this was an admirable performance

Will we ever see anything quite like Gintama again in terms of both style and quality at the same time? Who knows, but it's been one hell of a ride
HaXXspettenAug 6, 2021 12:12 PM
Aug 6, 2021 10:30 PM
Sep 2020
After watching Infinity train...and Fate Heavens feel..I was surpised to see that this movie had great visuals..Great scenerys..Fluid animation...Pacing was great..No boring sequences..also the soundtrack and music was spot on...Half the movie I was crying and the other times I was laughing...comedy might not have been the best but it was fine..They wrapped up everything cleanly but otsu chan has not been mentioned in a long while...anyways Great movie...10/10...
Sharry_GamiAug 6, 2021 10:39 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» All done with Gintama!

RahulSenpai - May 5

23 by shankoti »»
May 27, 2:22 PM

» Is there any chance....

DarkGamerA - Nov 7, 2021

14 by KeiMiyashiro »»
Apr 30, 3:17 AM

» Kinda disappointed

MikeyFromCali - May 7, 2022

49 by goaTMaru »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

» Can someone explain me how gintoki killed utsuro?

DENAM_106 - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Dumb »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:22 AM

» Kurokono Tasuke

Jozuwa-_- - Apr 25, 2023

6 by MikeyFromCali »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.