Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2012
OH MY GOD HOW MANY YEARS DID I HAD TO WAIT TO SEE SUCH A EPIC FIGHT IN ANIME AGAIN

this season was waaaay better than the last one (maybe a bit too harem but the fights and feels were sooo good)

this fight healed my soul
im looking forward

Dec 18, 2020 12:40 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that the plan that Hermes did his best to make succeed failed big time, and you can thank Freya and her familia for setting up one of the most epic 1-on-1 fights that this season had to offer.

Bell vs Asterius was intense and was blessed with some beautiful sakuga-style animation, even surpassing the animation values of the Dix fight from a while back. I must admit, I didn't expect Bell to lose this fight overall, but Asterius was happy enough to end the fight, declaring that they'll "settle this" in the future, before going back into the dungeon. Poor Bell started crying out of frustration of losing was sad, but at the same time, this result opens up for even more character growth in the future, so I do welcome this result. =)

Overall, this season was a solid improvement over season 2 and, honestly, matches what season 1 had to offer. I think an 8/10 is a fair score for now, and I do hope a 4th season gets announced in the future. ^_^
Dec 18, 2020 1:03 PM
Sep 2016
Harus said:
Really great animation on the conclusion of the fight against Asterios
I think it's even better that Bell loss,
I mean the lvl 5-6 were having trouble with him there was no way Bell could've won. So that loss was good to give some resemblance of accuracy to the power level.

Definitively a better season than the second one, guess the series is at its best when Bell is fighting Minotaurs lol

To add to that, the only reason why Bell was even able to fight Asterius is because he was half dead after his battle with Loki Familia and bleeding out for 4 days. A full power Asterius wouldnt even need a minute to defeat Bell.
Dec 18, 2020 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
Now this is a great way to close the season. Nostalgia kicks in from S1 when Bell fights Asterius. That fight was one of the best of the franchise so far.

Glad to see everything was resolved nicely, with Hermes getting a drop kick from Hestia at the end. Talk about satisfying! Glad that his plan didn't go the way he wanted and he definitely underestimated Bell's resolve!

Better season than S2 for me, with some great battles and animation used for said battles, 8/10. I will look forward to a Bell vs Asterius rematch in the future, but Bell has a longggg way to go before he can beat him since Asterius is fully healed now.
Dec 18, 2020 1:47 PM

Jan 2016
Thank you JC staff, you've redeemed yourself with this season!

Hopefully we'll get a season 4 and volume 14 adapted!
Dec 18, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2010
Thats that. Nb but ng I was hoping to see a nip slip from ais but owell. Dat fight lasted longer than I thought It would. Dat minitour is OP asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 18, 2020 1:59 PM

Jul 2012
Is it bad season 2 is still my favorite?

I think this season was really solid though, and better than season 1. A part of me just feels like it moved way too slowly at times, and then tried to hard to be dramatic with Hermes at the end there.

Not sure what I'll score it. I'm between a 7 or 8 at the moment.
Dec 18, 2020 2:18 PM
Apr 2016
a lame ending but it was expected. It s not a bad anime but compared to the first season it was not intersting at all and I feld like there was no progression at all.

Just think about it, if they do a third season, you don t really have to watch the second to follow the story. what would you miss exactly?
Dec 18, 2020 2:25 PM

Mar 2020
I really don't know what to say about this...all I can say is this season was a journey...I real long journey...

Final score 6.6/10 > 7/10
Dec 18, 2020 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Danmachi only got better over time, at least for me. In that sense, S4 can't come soon enough. I would even take a 5th one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2020 2:58 PM
Sep 2016
Mich666 said:
This season was great, I mean, all those things that were at stakes, all those plot points going...

Yet in the end, it all resolved to THIS? To be stronger, childlishly don't want to lose? Wasn't there any other more meaningful message to be told?

Hermes sudden change of heart leading to cliffhanger at the end of the last episode turned completely unnecessary and I don't even know why xenos was brought in when everything returned back to original status quo and nothing was resolved. No meaningful character developement, no lessons taken.

So this was a disappointment, this very episode undermined whole this season, provided no conclusion to the current arc and made everything in it pointless.

6/10 I wish this season had a lot more meaningfull final episode which would reflected all the consequences, it would change the final impact a lot.

The problem with the Xenos is not something that can be solved so easily, otherwise it would have been solved before Bell got involved. And things didnt go back to status quo, no. The Xenos will be relevant after this. They will surely play a big role in the final dungeon exploration arc or in the One-Eyed Black Dragon fight. They already played a big role in Sword Oratoria.

Bell considers Asterius his greatest rival, so he was dissapointed in himself for losing. Saying there is no meaningful character development is really off the mark too. Bell is the type of guy that while he had difficulties he always ended up succeding and winning in the end, but this arc made him experience failure. He failed to protect Wiene and saw her dying (even if Fels revived her), he failed to solve the Xenos issue, he failed to defeat Asterius. After this arc Bell will realize how weak he is and that he needs to become stronger and take things more seriously. So far Bell's only goal in life was Ais, but now he wants to become stronger to defeat Asterius, his rival, and too help the Xenos achieve their dreams.

Well, most of his motivations and character development is shown as a monologue which im sure JC Staff completely skipped (Havent watched the episode yet) so i guess your argument is somewhat understandable. But i dont think you should say "there is no character development" without waiting for next season so you can see how this arc affected Bell.
Siegfried10Dec 18, 2020 3:08 PM
Dec 18, 2020 3:04 PM
May 2020
Holy hell that was a great episode overall. The animation was really awesome, the conclusion to the arc too. Damn, at first couple episodes i rate it 5 but my final score now is 7. I love this.
Dec 18, 2020 3:17 PM
Jun 2017
Well as a fan of DanMachi, i found this season a little beat weakee compared to the previous season of DanMachi. I mean i just felt that Bell becomes weaker because of the theme of this season.

Even at the end, he has been beaten by minotaur.

Its 7/10 for me for the whole series.
Dec 18, 2020 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
That was pretty satisfying to see an already injured Asterius pummel Bell like that, surprised he didn't bite the dust after all that lol.
Good job Hestia kicking that freaking troll Hermes too.
Hope more Freya in the future!
Dec 18, 2020 3:35 PM
May 2019
7/10, I hope for a 4th season
Dec 18, 2020 3:38 PM
Sep 2016
LeSponge said:
Well as a fan of DanMachi, i found this season a little beat weakee compared to the previous season of DanMachi. I mean i just felt that Bell becomes weaker because of the theme of this season.

Even at the end, he has been beaten by minotaur.

Its 7/10 for me for the whole series.

He looks weaker because he fought way stronger people. Lido is as strong as a Level 5, Dix was a Level 5 (nerfed to 4, but still above Bell), Ais is a Level 6, and Asterius is as strong as a Level 7 (even while weakened he was still around a Level 4 or 5)
Dec 18, 2020 3:58 PM

Jun 2016
I can't wait for a new season! this is my favourite series.
Dec 18, 2020 4:16 PM

Feb 2012
That was honestly such a badass fight - Harkening back to the strong feels from Season 1, during that fight. I'm glad it turned out the way it did. Would've felt kinda cheap for Bell to take down Asterius using a weapon that wasn't even his own.

Overall, I liked this episode. Felt like a good wrap to the season. A little bit rushed but solid.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Dec 18, 2020 5:26 PM
May 2020
this second round was so fucking good too, tbh for a moment i thought Bell was gonna win, because you know he's the mc and shit, but this ending is more logical, Asterious almost defeated Aiz and Bell is just like lvl 4. Nice season, hope it gets a s4
Dec 18, 2020 5:45 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
It was an ok episode, unfortunately somewhat underwhelming.

The conflict with Bell and Gros was rushed and the fight with Asterios was nice but it certainly could've been better imo. Overall this season was a step up from season 2 but that's not really saying much.

Hopefully a 4th season gets announced soon.
Dec 18, 2020 6:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally i have been able to see this episode that surprisingly their last episode too. Wtf? Its a surprised for me. I thought it can maintained until the thirteenth. But my guess was wrong. So, thats the role of those important side characters, behind the stages. At the end, they were all just to stay true at their first motive. The god wills, Freya and Hermes obsession through Bell. That two schemer really behind everything that happened on this episode. I am honestly caught off guard, referring their passive-supportive role from the first till the previous episodes. Since Hermes showed his true intentions again, i am finally realised, its not just a problem of Xenos that the author didn't want me to forget. Xenos were just a tools, to make Bell-kun progressed his own development.

And its actually hitted at the right place, at the right time. Even though, i must be honest here that this is need a little more expandable duration. Thirteen episodes shall be more worthy, rather than forcing all of the way of thinking into one final episode. Thats it for me. And everything just be back to normal. Hermes got what he deserved. Yeah that kick! Kick his ass too, Hestia-sama! Then Wallenstein and my boy, Bell-kun came back to their 'normal' relationship.

I wonder, what else the problems that needed to be exploit? Babel tower? Well, if only these series had another continuations season, it must be good. Guess i just need to read the source materials to see whats goin on after those events.

For this sole season, i am still being a generous person: 8/10 for this 'the most enjoyable season of the Danmachi'. Even though some scenes really went into such an underwhelming route of end. But oh well! Maybe my hype was just too much. So, yeah, thats it for these one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
I expected a little bit more out of the MInotaur vs Bell fight but it was still pretty awesome. The ending came rather quickly with no resolve other then Bell wanting to get stronger.

I like the fact that Ais showed up on top of the walls and said "I felt like if I came here I would see you." AND "You don't play fair." So good!

I want a season four please.

8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 18, 2020 6:15 PM

Mar 2019
Kinda feel like what was the point of any of this?
Dec 18, 2020 6:57 PM

Jun 2017
It was a pretty dope fight to end the season. Fuck Hermes for being such a drama dick though.

A solid 8/10 from me, this season topped the previous ones in my eyes.
Dec 18, 2020 7:02 PM

May 2019
That fight alone was close to raising this to an 8; the sakuga was incredible.

I love Wiene as a character, and I think she adds a lot of dynamics that disrupt the normative state of Danmachi. An overall solid season.

7/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 18, 2020 7:32 PM
Sep 2020
Ah yeah............................
Dec 18, 2020 8:15 PM
Apr 2020
Wow what a final episode.. You really caught me on guard here, J.C. staff. The Bull Vs. Bell last fight scene was really good! The animation is great!

That God Hermes though.. Can't believe he'll do all of that crazy stuffs just to make Bell regain his "Argonaut" status.

9/10 overall for this. J.C. Staff really did a great job adapting this whole arc, especially on this last episode. Really hope they'll make an another season of this in the future :)
Dec 18, 2020 8:15 PM

Jun 2016
Felpzz said:
Bell vs. Asterius wasn't even a fight, it was a massacre

Incredible episode, the final fight excited me almost at the same level as their first fight in the first season, and without a doubt it was a much better season than the second.

agree with that... i hope in the future they have a rematch...
Dec 18, 2020 8:24 PM
Mar 2015
Great final fight Glad Hestia kicked Hermes He deserved it Back to training with Ais
Dec 18, 2020 8:50 PM
Apr 2017
Good episode. The 3rd season as a whole was a bit rushed but that is understandable from the limited amount of episodes. The season was mostly well adapted from the original source. Hoping for a continuation of the story since the succeeding story will be Bell's further improvement, I mean saving a monster, dueling an evil adversary, facing against one of the top familias in Orario, fighting his beloved "goal", and losing to his strongest adversary yet, Bell must have gained a lot of excelia right? *wink wink. All in all, a great 3rd season well animated to say the least, hoping for more adaptations of the series!!
Dec 18, 2020 9:01 PM

Sep 2020
Ok, Ok, the last episode. Where do I start?
I was soo freakin glad!!!! The Asterius vs Bell fight was actually AMAZING!!! Guess this was the true climax of the season.

Overall, really really good episode. Wished they had shown more appreciation to the Ais vs Bell fight though!

Hope we get a Season 4!!!

Also, fuck you Hermes!!!! Glad Hestia kicked him, lmao.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Dec 18, 2020 9:03 PM
Dec 2018
raiderublaze said:
Haruhime is leaving soon, that's kinda sad.

Wut? She was sad because she misses monster loli, not because she herself was leaving somewhere.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Dec 18, 2020 9:19 PM
Sep 2016
To my surprise after the disaster that was Season 2, this season was overall good (for JC Staff standards at least). It was faithful enough to the source material and had good fights like the Dix or Ais one. The Ais fight could have been better but was still aceptable. But this last episode... i ended up dissapointed. The Asterius vs Bell was the climax of the Xenos arc and Danmachi's best fight, in the LN at least. The anime fight had good animation, yes, but it was rushed and most of the emotional impact was incredibly infefior when compared to the LN. I was expecting that they would live up to the Minotaur fight in S1 after they did right the first 11 episodes, but came out extremely dissapointed.

I recommend reading the LN version of the fight, even if its just that.
Dec 18, 2020 9:23 PM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, and I personally think this is the best season of Danmachi so far. This series could have been super special if they adapted everything in the novels (not that i've read but, i've read some good stuff about how the novels are amazing) but, still despite that the anime is still really good but, you know it can always be better.

I sure fucking hope we get a season 4 or season 2 of Sword Oratoria. C'mon JC Staff.
Dec 18, 2020 10:10 PM

Jul 2016
Yo, screw level differences, right? Loki Familia and even Ais weren't match for Asterius yet here comes Bell, managed to resist his blows and even was able to fight back. Thank God he ended up "losing" but seriously, he should have died with that first frontal assault.

And well, there goes the little respect I had for Hermes. I was expecting a more significant reason as for why he was plotting against Ouranos but he only wanted Bell to regain his "hero" status as if there weren't other options to accomplish such thing. Honestly, it's almost sad how it seems Freya is starting to be the only decent god around.

And so this third season of DanMachi comes to its conclusion. Overall, definitely better than the insult season 2 was but still nowhere near as good as others claim.
The concept of intelligent monsters living in the Dungeon, the cycle of reincarnation they all share and the existence of an artificial labyrinth within the Dungeon itself were aspects I found truly interesting but beside that, there wasn't much more this season could offer. Bell's "huge" development wasn't that remarkable, the rest of the cast remained pretty much the same, Dix as villain was a joke as well as his god and entire Familia, etc. I do appreciate the more serious tone in the story and the fact both fanservice and harem shenanigans were toned down to a minimum tho.

5/10 - So... onsen-focused OVA for this season?
SouthRzVaDec 18, 2020 10:19 PM
Dec 18, 2020 10:27 PM
Sep 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Yo, screw level differences, right? Loki Familia and even Ais weren't match for Asterius yet here comes Bell, managed to resist his blows and even was able to fight back. Thank God he ended up "losing" but seriously, he should have died with that first frontal assault.

And well, there goes the little respect I had for Hermes. I was expecting a more significant reason as for why he was plotting against Ouranos but he only wanted Bell to regain his "hero" status as if there weren't other options to accomplish such thing. Honestly, it's almost sad how it seems Freya is starting to be the only decent god around.

And so this third season of DanMachi comes to its conclusion. Overall, definitely better than the insult season 2 was but still nowhere near as good as others claim.
The concept of intelligent monsters living in the Dungeon, the cycle of reincarnation they all shared and the existence of an artificial labyrinth within the Dungeon itself were aspects I found truly interesting but beside them, there wasn't much more this season could offer. Bell's "huge" development wasn't that remarkable, the rest of the cast remained pretty much the same, Dix as villain was a joke as well as his god and entire Familia, etc. I do appreciate the more serious tone in the story and the fact both fanservice and harem shenanigans were toned down to a minimum tho.

5/10 - So... onsen-focused OVA this time?

This is what happens when you skip monologues and explanations.

No, there is no "screw level differences". The only reason Bell was able to fight Asterius is because he was really injured after his fight with Loki Familia, had lost an arm and was bleeding out for 4 days. Asterius was actually described as being half dead when he fought Bell, and Bell even mentions that if the minotaur was at full power he wouldnt last a minute.

That first frontal assault was also explained in the LN. He survived because of his armor, which is made of double adamantite (the second hardest metal in danmachi). Besides Asterius being nerfed, his armor played a big role in the fight, being the reason he could last that long. As soon as he lost his armor he had to finish the fight fast or he could die if he took a direct blow (the anime didnt make him lose his armor though).

And in no way was Bell capable of matching Asterius strenght. Bell had to dodge and parry the attacks, but he couldnt block them or match them. Bell was constantly aiming at the side where Asterius lost the arm. He is also very clear about the fact that he would die if he took one direct blow from Asterius.
Dec 18, 2020 10:33 PM

Apr 2020
skysurf said:
raiderublaze said:
Haruhime is leaving soon, that's kinda sad.

Wut? She was sad because she misses monster loli, not because she herself was leaving somewhere.

Oh it was Wiene? Well I kinda imagined her going back to her hometown, that's why.
Dec 18, 2020 10:57 PM

Jun 2007
unick01 said:
what is going on with the BRACELET?!

Hermes gave her the bracelet to give to bell. She was supposed to give it to bell but she didn't get a chance. The stone Hermes gives the monster Gros reacts when it's near the bracelet. We can assume the reason Hermes wanted her to give bell the bracelet was so that in the future the monsters could easily target him, however things didn't work out and she still ended up having the bracelet. So Hermes instead just told them that the stone would react to a person that Bell holds very dear to his heart and that they should target her to get bell to fight serious.
Dec 19, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2019
Holy shit! That was awesome. A little bit rushed as always with the main plot not having a proper closure but other than that, it was great. Looking forward to reading this in the light novel.

7/10.

We got an OVA but please don't let it be fanservice. Don't want it to end up like the other one, where everyone was high af creating it.
Dec 19, 2020 12:22 AM

Jan 2017

AHAHAHAHA I like this part so much

9/10, Best Danmachi Season for me
Dec 19, 2020 1:57 AM
Mar 2018
Bell may have lost, but this further develops him than if he were to win. A much better season than season 2, probably the best season of all.

Wonder what the next season will be like.

Dec 19, 2020 2:25 AM
Nov 2020
This fight was too nostalgic. Even though that minotaur defeated Bell, but the fight was worth watching. And that Hermes MF, what he did in the end is gonna make him one of the top disliked character.
Dec 19, 2020 2:46 AM
Nov 2016
Poor Mino-tan.... I mean Ushiwakamaru. Bell going to have to find another 2nd weapon. Loved this episode. This season was way better than the 2nd. Looking forward to (hopefully) Sword Oratoria 2 and DanMachi 4.
Dec 19, 2020 3:55 AM

Oct 2012
Siegfried10 said:
Bell considers Asterius his greatest rival, so he was dissapointed in himself for losing. Saying there is no meaningful character development is really off the mark too. Bell is the type of guy that while he had difficulties he always ended up succeding and winning in the end, but this arc made him experience failure. He failed to protect Wiene and saw her dying (even if Fels revived her), he failed to solve the Xenos issue, he failed to defeat Asterius. After this arc Bell will realize how weak he is and that he needs to become stronger and take things more seriously. So far Bell's only goal in life was Ais, but now he wants to become stronger to defeat Asterius, his rival, and too help the Xenos achieve their dreams.

Sorry, but no. Bell seeing Asterius as his rival was introduced out of nowhere in this very episode while his ties to xenos were built-up for whole the season. If anything, that should be his main motivator (to defend what he thinks is right) not 'to become stronger in fear of losing'. I would have actually accepted the concept of failure if that failure was permanent, not just temporary plot-device. Wiene was revived, hatred of people in the city towards him and his familia is magically gone, Loki and Hermes are actually buddies again, Ais suddenly don't mind him siding with monsters before and so on. If the concept of failure was to mean anything, those things should not be overwritten so easily.

So to me this was not really the problem of episode (apart from bad music editing) but mainly the problem of original writing. Again, I like this season the most of three so far but its very conclusion really undermined all stakes that were in play.
Dec 19, 2020 4:54 AM

Aug 2016
Damn Bell vs Asterius sick af. I want a S4 already.
Dec 19, 2020 5:18 AM

May 2018
Wow Danmachi surprised me by ending with an amazing episode! I love the Asterius fight and everyone got back safely
Dec 19, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2016
Well worse than 1st season but much better than 2nd season/sword Oratoria. After 8th episode it was little slower (more talking less action) but this last episode was again great. In the end I saw great rematch of my favourite fight :).
Still DanMachi is one of my favourite anime series hope they will make also 4th season (I want to see another rematch mostly). Also maybe more from dungeon grinding and Bell progressing like in the 1st season.
Btw Bell always keep using daggers but against bosses he prefer two handed swords why he finally doesn't buy one ? :D
hiraishinxDec 19, 2020 7:01 AM
Dec 19, 2020 7:35 AM

Aug 2019
The season started off great and made me think that this was the best season so far plus I really liked the way that it was being dark, but after ep 8 i felt like it dragged so much maybe it would be better if one or two did die but not, and hermes twist is idk lol he's a mysterious character since the beginning so, but yeah that's pretty much it, started off good and got boring eventually 5/10
fight scene was sick af tho
Dec 19, 2020 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
So Bell spent the entire season running around being manipulated by everyone only to lose in spectacular fashion in the end. With that said, I'm really glad his deus ex machina didn't win him the fight this time around.

In the end, I still don't feel much attachment to any of the monsters, and many of things I enjoyed about the first season are completely missing in this season. 6/10

Also, Asterius would make a more interesting protagonist than Bell at this point, give him a spinoff.
redinsideDec 19, 2020 10:47 AM
Dec 19, 2020 10:30 AM
Sep 2016
Mich666 said:
Siegfried10 said:

Sorry, but no. Bell seeing Asterius as his rival was introduced out of nowhere in this very episode while his ties to xenos were built-up for whole the season. If anything, that should be his main motivator (to defend what he thinks is right) not 'to become stronger in fear of losing'. I would have actually accepted the concept of failure if that failure was permanent, not just temporary plot-device. Wiene was revived, hatred of people in the city towards him and his familia is magically gone, Loki and Hermes are actually buddies again, Ais suddenly don't mind him siding with monsters before and so on. If the concept of failure was to mean anything, those things should not be overwritten so easily.

So to me this was not really the problem of episode (apart from bad music editing) but mainly the problem of original writing. Again, I like this season the most of three so far but its very conclusion really undermined all stakes that were in play.

Asterius rivalry with Bell was built since he was first introduced. Ottar recognize him as the minotaur Bell fought instantly, and Asterius was searching for Bell. This is a scene after his battle with Loki Familia that the anime eliminated

And also, Bell considers the Minotaur he fought back in Season 1 as his greatest opponent, his first adventure. He then hears how the minotaur was reborn as a Xenos just so he could fight Bell again. The fact that he sees him as a rival isnt surprising at all, to him it was reenactment of his first adventure.

The fact that Wiene was revived doesnt change the fact that Bell saw her dying, that he was unable to protect her. This time he was lucky that Fels was there and that Dia Orpheus worked, but what about next time? What if a friend of his dies in the dungeon without Fels around (who i remind you isnt part of his party)? All this arc we see Bell failing at what he wanted to do, and if things worked out was because someone else helped. He wasnt strong enough to stop Dix by himself, to save Wiene, to defeat Asterius, to grant the Xenos their wishes. He faced his powerlessness more than one time during this arc, and for him who wants to be a hero it hit him specially hard. This is monologue from Bell during the fight:

And this was after his defeat.

I think that explains perfectly enough why he wants to become stronger and the new goals he has set for himself.

Ais understood why Bell did what he did and accepts it, that doesnt mean she is entirely okay with what happened. She had her fair share of doubts but Ais problems are adressed in Sword Oratoria, not the Main Series. The conversation with Bell actually happens 2 days after the fight with Asterius, and Ais was sorting her feelings during that time, with the help of Riveria and Lefiya.

The thing about his reputation, that much i will give it to you, because it was poorly adapted in the anime and its one of the reason im extremely dissapointed by the last episode. In the LNs a bunch of Level 2 and 3 adventurers try to fight Asterius after he throws Bell back to where everyone is, in order to protect the citizens. Most of the adventurers were rendered powerless just by his howls and the other were easily beaten, everyone starts getting extremely scared and then Asterius starts walking to where some children are (he was really just looking for Bell), but by that point no one has the balls to fight him. Thats when Bell stands back up and fights Asterius in single combat, even when dozens of adventurers couldnt. Of course, Asterius wasnt trying to kill the children but the citizens dont know about the Xenos, they just saw a huge powerful monster trying to "kill" them and then Bell heroically saving them.

I think the LN addresed everything really well, so the problem is not writting, if anything is the adaptation failing. Usual business with JC Staff.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

119 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.