Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 21, 2020 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
Okay who at PA was flexing on that egg smashing scene shit looked straight up wonderful for such a minor thing

we in endgame and were still taking our time making a movie(even if it's a little too on the nose script wise to the main plot) ,but it seems things might switch in to gear by the end reveal

also find it funny how Tengan sticks around and puts up with all this ,she must be M
Nov 21, 2020 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
EP 7 Prediction Infographic with some new information and a possible connection to one of Jun Maeda's other songs
(possible spoilers)

EP 6 Prediction Infographic I made last week for reference

-----------------------------------------

Also, props to those who noticed Karma. I thought the melody was super familiar and spent an hour looking through Jun Maeda's old albums (even the 5 -Five- sountrack) but couldn't find anything until I read your posts.

I'm not sure why people are so fixated on the end of the world being the "end of the world as Hina knows it." If that was true, then why did she tell Youta multiple times that studying was useless?
Nov 21, 2020 6:36 PM

Nov 2013
I just want to give up. It just a piss poor series. Everything is just so instant and straightforward. Everyone here seems just a plot device to move the plot forwards instead of actual proper characters. Everyone just brainlessly agree to play a movie without having any clash in their daily lives schedule, someone just instanly got what a book they want in the sea of thousands junks. Even not a single hint what makes the world is going to end despite we're 7 episodes in.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 21, 2020 6:40 PM

Jun 2019
Another meh episode.

It’s just kinda ok and does nothing memorable. The side characters added nothing for the second episode in a row. The Hacker parts have no cohesion with the other parts and I still don’t really know what he is doing and why he is doing it.

I am also not a fan of the romantic teasing (or whatever you want to call it) between Hina and the MC this episode. I really hope that’s not something that is pursued in later episodes
Nov 21, 2020 6:45 PM
Jul 2016
Great animation and artwork! Six days to go. I can already hear the feels train coming.
Nov 21, 2020 6:51 PM

Jun 2020
The movie making was pretty cringy and boring, but at the the very end was the most interesting part maybe Hina isn't really a God but think that she's a God, looking forward for more of Hina's past.
Nov 21, 2020 7:34 PM

Jul 2016
Tengan seriously wants to see Youta's "infinite" if she keeps hanging out with teenagers this bad. She looks so out of place it's almost painful to watch, honestly.

Not gonna lie, I totally lost track on what the deal with Dr. Korogi and the organization was but guess it's just another example of how bad and chaotic the direction of this show has been. Anyways, it seems that after seven weeks of mediocre episodes, the main plot will finally start taking the spotlight.
zamandzoe said:
Other than that, it's just an episode that moves the plot forward ever so slightly.

Most of the characters present serve no purpose other than to take up space. Yota's speech about having so many friends falls flat when half of the people there aren't his friends.

We have an adult woman who shouldn't be there to begin with, her bodyguard, a former swindler, and his sister's friend. These characters lack a proper connection to Yota.
Hina is as annoying as ever. And I'm not buying her "feelings"(?) for Yota.

And the only part of this episode that could've been interesting (the subplot with the hacker guy) fails to amount to much other than a reveal at the end due to it being developed inconsistently. Not to mention we just haven't seen enough of him to care.

+1
Nov 21, 2020 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
And slowly we are getting closer to darkness, 6 days to end...

Now i do wonder if the movie plot and main characters are a complete coincidence with what is happening in their world, after knowing Hina i don't believe in coincidences xD

The egg scene was so good, i feel like that scene might change something in the future...but we'll see.

Oh no, so she's somehow related to the professor because it's getting worrying already, those guys aren't good ones.

Slowly the hype is building up, everyone is Youta's friend and loves him, what a great time for the world to end, and actually what great timing, 2020 baby xD

That ending left me way too worried for the next episodes.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 21, 2020 8:30 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Today's episode continues Sora's attempt at making a movie from episode 2.
This time, she has set a concrete premise, script, and some storyboards, and has already shot a few scenes. Wasn't too surprising to see the lawyer lady thrown into the crew, but I wasn't expecting the guy who wanted cash from the ramen place from episode 3 to join in. Anyway, during the first scene the crew decides to shoot, we finally hear that lovely piano song that was featured in the very first teaser trailer for the show. Very nice. Not many laughs out of me today, but Hina's attempt at cracking eggs... sure is something. Don't really like how the show is starting to hint her and Yota together a lot more often now though.
Anyway, I hope you all appreciated all of the funny slice-of-life-ish episodes, because the end of today's episode seems to show signs that things will get serious soon...

Ah yes, the random "Key coffee" reference returns at long last.

Below is what it looked like from Angel Beats, which is also where I recognize it from in the first place.

Though apparently it was also featured in Rewrite. Interesting.
I was really hoping to see this show up ever since I noticed the ramen place from all the way back at episode 1 was also named after Key. In any case, let us hope this random Key reference never stops reappearing.

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

Welcome back. More theorizing. Possibly spoilery territory. You should know the deal by now.

6 days until the end of the world.
Nov 21, 2020 8:41 PM

Jul 2020
I have a simple theory, or I guess a few thoeries
1) Hina is not a god, rather she died in her previous life and has revived with supernatural abilities to live a better life till the end of summer.
2) The world will end, and that's why Hina was sent to mankind as a messenger to let them live the last moments of their lives properly.
3) Hina is no god, rather a literal prodigy with super analytical qualities and great observational skills, and because of that she was used for scientific research (natural immune system) but then it failed or something happened to cause Hina's life span to shorten drastically.

But one thing is for sure, the world won't be ending for everyone, rather for only Hina and thats why she is doing all these fun stuff.
Nov 21, 2020 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
Fario-P said:

Fario-P said:

Nov 21, 2020 10:43 PM
Mar 2015
The baddie has located the kami
Nov 21, 2020 11:57 PM
Feb 2011
I don't like how far removed the main characters are from the actual plot of the show. It is fine to mix SoL with the overall plot but it all just feels so out of place. They keep just randomly cutting into hacker who also just randomly appeared out of the blue to drive the plot forward. Clearly it all revolves around Hina but the pacing of the show and the world seems so haphazardly thought out.
Nov 22, 2020 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
I assume that episodic filler we are currently enduring will be important as foreshadowing to the drama later on.
Only six days left. I'm afraid they'll try to pull Charlotte at that one and squeeze entire arc worth of content in one episode or so.

Nov 22, 2020 1:33 AM

Jul 2009
What I post below is what aspect I care, ok.

If its ended with Yota x Hina... Yikes. Bullshit.

A brief comparison with just because.
Mc chose his old crush instead of a certain someone. I hate that (cos I shipped the sinking ship) but that makes sense.

Now if Yota chose Hina over his long cherished crush, I would call that bullshit. They merely spent less than a month tgt. Sure he was rejected by Kyoko but if he "moved on" already in such short time I would call that bullshit. His blush in the episode seemed very much directing it this way. What a cheap feeling he holds for Kyoko even though he has been harboring that for years.

And so IF that really materializes... Yikes I'll be sure to avoid Jun Maeda's works for the future. His taste in heroines simply not to my liking at all (not the first or second time, should have learned my lessons).
Nov 22, 2020 3:55 AM

Oct 2016
Jesus, the production quality of this episode is fucking insane especially that egg scene. The episode was really good though, that movie is one whole ass foreshadowing lmao.

I am not a fan of the Youta x Hina ship mostly because I am an Izanamifag lmao and I think it's too late to establish that now but, it is what it is.

Looks like we are getting into the main plotline now and as some of us expected, Hina is related to Doctor Korogi. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 22, 2020 4:18 AM

Oct 2020
So is Hina is the professor's daughter? Too many questions that I have after watching this episode. Is she just a humanoid that was created by that professor? Is Izanami loves Youta? Cant wait to watch the next episode.
Nov 22, 2020 4:59 AM

Sep 2019
The comedy in this show is great, totally matching the level onf Angel Beats for me in that regard. Not sure how to feel about anything else yet but looks like we're switching gears soon so gonna find out, can't wait :)
Nov 22, 2020 5:04 AM
Jul 2020
The ending got me thinking about Hina's mysterious god-like personality. Also, at the very beginning of episode 1 , she is seen sitting on what I can call as director's chair. That might throw some light in the upcoming episodes. 5 more episodes left. Here we go.
Nov 22, 2020 5:20 AM
Oct 2018
After charlotte cameo from previous episode (which i'm kinda guess coming)
I really didn't expect hina sing lia-karma song cameo
The film project's story, the eggs,resembles uncanny to the lia-karma song...

Now i'm really really hype with the anime...
Nov 22, 2020 5:33 AM

Sep 2015
Fantyyy said:
The comedy in this show is great, totally matching the level onf Angel Beats for me in that regard. Not sure how to feel about anything else yet but looks like we're switching gears soon so gonna find out, can't wait :)

can't wait... indeed it matches with angel beats, and that was a huge plot twist at the end! what a cliffhanger! i'm so thrilled so what is going to happen next. i feel like it's gonna be a tearjerker like angel beats.
Nov 22, 2020 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
The theme of this show from the getgo already made me doubt what its saying.
I doubted Hina being a God and the world actually ending, since its Maeda making it I just thought theres gonna be a twist in here, Hina just being a human, she can predict the future or more like what has a higher chance of happening cause of some circumstances, which now after this ep could be cause of her dad probably experimenting on her or something, he probably did that cause Hina’s lifespan could be short or something? The end of the world could just mean the end of “her” world, the countdown could just be her life ticking.
Tho I do find it weird why everyone seems to be... always there when they ask them to.. maybe they actually know something? Anyways I really hope this starts picking up, getting tired of these SoL shiz they keep doing every ep, then again they are trying to make us care for the characters so I guess this is their way of doing that.
Nov 22, 2020 9:08 AM

Jun 2019
The plot definitely thickened at this point. I want to know more about Hina and her past or whatever. That was a good episode.
Nov 22, 2020 9:11 AM

Sep 2018
Wait they're setting Yota and Hina up?? Ehh, that's a major turn off for me. I don't know Hina's actual age, but she acts like a toddler so it doesn't feel natural... Boring episode overall, I still don't get what this show is trying to achieve.
Nov 22, 2020 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
After a lot of comedy something good and mysterious is coming.
Nov 22, 2020 1:04 PM

Feb 2014
As expected, the main plot to the story has now gotten going. But before that, Yota had to help Sora with her movie project once again and this time, he has a lot more people to help him and his sister out.

The result was yet more funny moments while filming the movie. Not just that, but the level of animation quality in all of the scenes, mainly with Hina, was rather excellent, so it made each scene even better. Hina cracking the eggs was my favourite part of the filming, though. It made me laugh so much. XD

Another thing to note is how much closer Yota and Hina have gotten together. I can understand why some Izanami fans are worried about this, but I like both girls, so I don't mind whoever Yota ends up with, if that does happen.

Thanks to the risky efforts of our hacker, Suzuki, the plot has now started to shift. His research into professor Korogi has uncovered that Hina is his daughter, but it does leave us with plenty of question, though. Since Korogi was researching into natural immune systems, it makes me wonder if Hina has been experimented on and she doesn't know a thing about it. I could very well be wrong with that assumption, but it does make me worry for Hina now. =(
Nov 22, 2020 1:38 PM

Sep 2017
Man the animation during the movie scenes were stellar. Especially the egg breaking. But anyway the plot is finally coming together. Kinda expected as we are in the second half. Things are actually starting to make some sense. Not sure how hacker dude will really tie into all of this, but looks like Hina's father is the doctor he was trying to find. And perhaps this end of the world thing is something the doctor is planning to unleash (like a virus LUL). But that would kinda explain why Hina knows the end is coming. Of course she has show some kinda god-like abilities in the past so there is probably something special with her.
Nov 22, 2020 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
poiuytrewq said:
I don't like how far removed the main characters are from the actual plot of the show. It is fine to mix SoL with the overall plot but it all just feels so out of place.

How new are you to Key stories?
It's always like this. Slice of life means tons of characterization.

The only thing that is worrying me is that it can end like Charlotte (which was still good, but awfully rushed). Key and especially Maeda's stories needs at least 24 episodes to show thier full potential and benefits of heavy characterization.
Angel Beats would be better with 24 episodes too.
Varjosoturi said:
Wait they're setting Yota and Hina up?? Ehh, that's a major turn off for me. I don't know Hina's actual age

Oh God. Another snowflake.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 22, 2020 2:50 PM

Aug 2018
Those eggs where really well animated
_______I like rocks__
Nov 22, 2020 3:36 PM

Feb 2014
ConFectx said:
I suspect her to be either a magnificent written AI/robo, based on e.g. a dead daughter or she is just a normal childish girl with the typical anime-big-brain-plot kinda intelligence.

I get the same vibes with the AI theory, the predictions that she makes could all just be calculations eh? Kinda fits in with the style of the ED too, but who knows.
Nov 22, 2020 8:25 PM
Jun 2020
I think that Hina was a human before but suddenly for some reason she become a God because the title is slated as "The day I Become A God" so it has a high chance maybe idk for real but we will know soon lol.

sorry if my grammar suxx xD
Nov 22, 2020 9:27 PM
Oct 2020
This episode feels decent except for the ending. We already had funtimes in the previous episodes so it might be the time to make a buildup to the main plot.

Somehow now we have a possibility of Hina and Youta relationship. It does feel like random since personally I don't see their relationship in that kind of way. I only see them as caring friends while the buildup for Izanami is an obvious love interest to Youta.

Like many people predicted, we somehow agree that Hina is not an actual God but rather something else related to the side plot (professor). Moreover, someone mentioned about the world ending in 30 days is just on Hina's perspective and I totally agree with that since I also have that prediction.
Nov 22, 2020 10:42 PM

Nov 2011
Izanami admitting her jealousy made me like her way more now then ever. Her development has been the best IMO. She even was okay with it because seeing Youta happy made her happy.

Also Youta of course not having any idea what Izanami meant but I'm not surprised.

Waiting to see "The saddest anime ever" ending.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 22, 2020 11:06 PM

Aug 2018
kazewa said:

And so IF that really materializes... Yikes I'll be sure to avoid Jun Maeda's works for the future. His taste in heroines simply not to my liking at all (not the first or second time, should have learned my lessons).

Cliched development for sure, but I think at this point in time he has spent more cumulative time interacting with Hina than Izanami.
Nov 22, 2020 11:46 PM

Feb 2016
This chapter has been the weaker one in the comedy aspect, but still a lot of fun, seeing the debt collector and Tengan's bodyguard becoming part of the squad was really unexpected, and I love how Ashura has a crush in Jinguuji.
I hope we get to see the movie, Hina slowly begining to show her true emotions and feelings towards Youta is really cute.

Hina being that professor's secret was really damn predictable, but still, the main plot it's finally moving on, everyone better get ready to cry hard! as Youta said: "That's going to be sad." ;-;

Hina's faces are one of the best things in this show uwu
StallionXDNov 30, 2020 12:03 AM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Nov 23, 2020 1:37 AM

Aug 2019
only continuing this anime because I'm curious about the ending..
Nov 23, 2020 2:22 AM
Dec 2018
I am so confused at what is going on and I'm really excited for Hina's back story to be explained.
The ending showed that Hina is probably a part of Dr.Korogi's family.
Maybe she is a part of his research?
Nov 23, 2020 2:40 AM

Jul 2014
Boring episode again until the twist at the ending. Well, I say twist, but I feel like it was pretty obvious that there would be a connection between Dr. Korogi and Hina as soon as the former's family was mentioned for the first time. Now that it's confirmed, though, I'm curious to see what's actually done with it besides bringing Yota's group into contact with Suzuki and "Mr. Brawn".

Also, looks like this really is heading towards Yota x Hina and while I'm not remotely surprised, I am definitely disappointed.
Nov 23, 2020 3:25 AM

Nov 2013
Things are finally starting to make sense!

So Hina might be related to Dr. Korogi, and he was doing some sort of research about natural immune systems so perhaps Hina has some incurable disease which he’s trying to find the cure for. In which case, her world really would end soon.

Looking forward to seeing how it all connects!
Nov 23, 2020 9:50 AM

Aug 2020
If i'm being honest, I was quite worried seeing that the 7th episode barely has the main plot of the show but the scene at the end makes it quite interesting. It seems that at the first few episodes they are developing the cast and trying to make us invested in them and then make something sad later on.

Idk i'm still indifferent about this anime. Anyway, can someone tell me who this professor is or is he yet to be introduced?

6 days left.
Nov 23, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
EpicCh33se said:
I'm not sure why people are so fixated on the end of the world being the "end of the world as Hina knows it." If that was true, then why did she tell Youta multiple times that studying was useless?

I really appreciate for your time investment into this analyze stuff. It makes far more sense when i read this slowly and can make my own mind about this. But to answer your question, in my honest opinion, this TV show has poor execution in point of view as TV watcher only!

Without your work, nothing would makes sense until now. Nothing connects into each other or is not clearly shown yet. We're in Ep. 7 and ...

- i don't have any empathy of any character yet
- the jokes are flat like a board
- Slice of Life stuff that doesn't connect to the story....since there is a story & destination (world ends in 30 days - in any kind of way)

And that's my problem with this TV show. This poor execution disappoint me while i like any drama anime (hence just watch my anime list, there are some good drama shows in my list).
Nov 23, 2020 12:21 PM

May 2018
Hina looks much better without her holy clothes! Rip eggs
Nov 23, 2020 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
erinacchii said:
Anyway, can someone tell me who this professor is or is he yet to be introduced?

He was mentioned multiple times, but only during the Suzuki portions of the show. This includes the end of episode 3, the beginning of episode 4, and now the end of episode 7. We still don't know who he is specifically or what he looks like, only that he worked with Dr. Asama in the past, was the teacher of the CEO, and is somehow related to Hina.

funnyRunny said:
EpicCh33se said:

I really appreciate for your time investment into this analyze stuff. It makes far more sense when i read this slowly and can make my own mind about this. But to answer your question, in my honest opinion, this TV show has poor execution in point of view as TV watcher only!

Without your work, nothing would makes sense until now. Nothing connects into each other or is not clearly shown yet. We're in Ep. 7 and ...

- i don't have any empathy of any character yet
- the jokes are flat like a board
- Slice of Life stuff that doesn't connect to the story....since there is a story & destination (world ends in 30 days - in any kind of way)

And that's my problem with this TV show. This poor execution disappoint me while i like any drama anime (hence just watch my anime list, there are some good drama shows in my list).

Aw, thanks. I did the same when Charlotte aired with a few other people, and I remember that being really fun.

Honestly, I'm not too big a fan of Jun Maeda's slapstick humor either. But it's his style to develop his characters in a slice-of-life way that doesn't seemingly connect to the overarching plot until more details are revealed later. He does this in

To be fair, Jun Maeda absolutely needs more than 12 episodes to make his style of storytelling work. I will agree to that. I still think that this show could be better than Charlotte though, especially if the story picks up and we see more interaction between Suzuki and Youta+co. from here.
I personally think that the reason the scenes with Suzuki and Youta+co. are so disconnected is because

If this isn't the case, then yeah, this wouldn't be good for the pacing.

I still think the assumption that Hina's world will end specifically is because people tend to focus a lot on Jun Maeda's older works, despite it not making much sense for Hina's actions with her telling Youta to do or not to do certain things.

I do hope that the show doesn't get worse for you so that you don't feel you wasted all this time. :)
I personally am enjoying this more than Charlotte so far. The only character I really cared about in Charlotte was Yuu.
EpicCh33seNov 23, 2020 1:38 PM
Nov 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Aug 2020
EpicCh33se said:
erinacchii said:
Anyway, can someone tell me who this professor is or is he yet to be introduced?

He was mentioned multiple times, but only during the Suzuki portions of the show. This includes the end of episode 3, the beginning of episode 4, and now the end of episode 7. We still don't know who he is specifically or what he looks like, only that he worked with Dr. Asama in the past, was the teacher of the CEO, and is somehow related to Hina.
Oh okay thanks for this! Someone was talking about the professor in an earlier post and I was like what? Did i miss something? Maybe it was just their theories lol.

Anyway, I agree that Jun Maeda definitely needs more than 12 episodes because I thought that even Angel Beats (which you can argue is his best/most successful work) was rushed but who knows, maybe they can pull it off this time.
Nov 23, 2020 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the idea of making a movie, this is very good and they are already recording it seems to be very interesting.

Nov 23, 2020 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
Oh well, another random slapstick trainwreck... that has to be the definition of this series.

And not, their summer wasn't really fun - it was pure mess. That very sentence was undermined by the fact that their would be emotional words are just empty shells because character developement was through out of the window and viewer feels nothing towards them.
Nov 24, 2020 12:19 AM
Apr 2020
is Yota going for the loli route???
Nov 24, 2020 3:27 AM
Jul 2019
So that theory about this being Hina's story is plausible. Like Hina's sick and she's reliving a part of her life or at least create a life that she could've had and this thirty day countdown isn't for the apocalypse but for the death of Hina. As a Jun Maeda anime, it's very fitting. Now obviously this anime is lacking in episodes yet again. I really don't feel attached to these characters so when it's needed, it'll fail. It's like I'm just watching animals playing in the zoo and having fun. With the right amount of time, I'm sure they can pull it off but it's Jun Maeda we're talking about here so of course that's not gonna happen.
Nov 24, 2020 5:31 AM

Dec 2018
An ok episode... It feels so rushed though, how come the guy that Youta punched suddenly become their friends all the sudden?🤣
Oooh, those romantic feel during the film, Hina become less annoying in this episode because of that.

Hina might be that professor daughter and Youta parent might be someone close to that professor... Maybe like ex co-worker...

Nov 24, 2020 6:17 AM

Jun 2013
However animated that egg yolk put way too much passion into his work LOL
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

307 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

169 by Talamare »»
May 31, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

166 by stverc »»
May 25, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

227 by stverc »»
May 25, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.