Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 14, 2020 11:26 PM
Aug 2020
From what I have heard there will be a third season to finish up the story. I heard that it would be 13 episodes though I am not sure. So far it seems that each episode covers two chapters and if ep. 25 covers 96 & 97 that will leave 39 chapters left. Assuming that last chapter gets an episode to itself that is 38, divided by two that is 19 + 1 for the finale. The Three Musketeers Arc could be made into a single episode so that is 21.
Sep 15, 2020 12:11 AM

Jun 2019
darkling692 said:
It seems we are around two thirds of the story right now. So we definitely need a third season. Let's hope next year we finally get to see the whole story animated.

I'm sure there will be a third season considering this reboot started in 2019, 18 years after the original anime and 20 years since the debut of the manga. At this point this late in the game, it would be absolutely ridiculous to even bother making a reboot if they weren't planning to continue and properly finish it. So barring the ratings being in the absolute gutter and there existing no money to finance the project or Japan being wiped out in some cataclysmic global event, I'd say a season three is a damn near certainty. The original mangaka was reportedly a lot more involved with the launching of this reboot so maybe there was even some hidden stipulation that to do it or for her to deepen her involvement they had to commit to finishing it; that wouldn't surprise me, but nor would it surprise me if it was never publicized. It seems like Shoujo anime have always been made less overall but are getting even rarer in modern times, but with this they had already a proven successful property on their hands.
WatchTillTandavaSep 15, 2020 12:15 AM
Sep 15, 2020 12:34 AM

May 2014
Airsaber said:
Also, I feel like Machi's mother is voiced by some rather well-known seiyuu, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

based on voice recognition, it's Ami Koshimizu

not sure on the credits tho, since I can't read Kanji
Sep 15, 2020 12:51 AM

Oct 2019
MuraragiKoyomi said:
Antpan_124 said:

It was a Really bad sub translation (which is not unusual for fruits basket's sub unfortunately)

What shigure meant to say at this scene was "If only Akito could understand too"
And he definitely did NOT meant to say "akito should teach them a lesson"

Like that's the complete opposite !!!
what about his expression when he said that?

I mean that's just shigure being ominous xd
Doesn't change what he actually said

KingGarland said:
From what I have heard there will be a third season to finish up the story. I heard that it would be 13 episodes though I am not sure. So far it seems that each episode covers two chapters and if ep. 25 covers 96 & 97 that will leave 39 chapters left. Assuming that last chapter gets an episode to itself that is 38, divided by two that is 19 + 1 for the finale. The Three Musketeers Arc could be made into a single episode so that is 21.

The 13 eps was just a rumor, made by Eric vale (Yuki's English va) back when the first season started. He quickly took back what he said.

The remaining chapters to adapt are actually 43 (a character backstory was left out for s3) which is around the same amount as the chapters s1 covered so they can easily fit everything in a 25 ep season
Sep 15, 2020 1:24 AM

Dec 2018
Calm before the storm.
Sep 15, 2020 1:32 AM

Feb 2012
ggultra2764 said:

The anime removed a later part of the scene where Yuki and Kakeru were talking about Machi’s embarrassment, as Kakeru commented that he never seen her like that before and comically yelled that Yuki was a “normal princess old man pervert” when he commented that Machi seemed cute while showing her embarrassment.

thist good thx for this. no wonder i feel some thing off while watching this. now i can rest my mind easy..

SkyLETV said:
Tsundere Machi... OMG She's so cute!!!

And just when you thought Tohru couldn't get any cuter, she hits Kyo with her pompom... my heart!

exactly xD
MegamiRem said:
I really like Machi, her character is really simple yet so complex at the same time. I like how she's slowly warming upto others.

Lol Tohru's reaction when she sees Isuzu kinda reminds me of Rena's reaction when she sees anything cute.

Yes Machi is great xD and someone need to make a gif on that Rin Pro move xD
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 15, 2020 2:36 AM

Jul 2014
Roch2001 said:
The handling of Machi's depression is so on point and accurate. Anyone who has suffered or currently suffers from depression can easily relate to the scene drawn when she gets home. Not to mention a lot of her inner monologue is so accurate to the feeling of apathy for the world around us.
True. When first I see her room so messy. I can understand, because I've been through that. Like every document, paper, plastic bottle on the floor. But, I think now I feel a little bit better.

Can't wait for more machi and yuki moments.
Sep 15, 2020 6:06 AM
Sep 2020
As always.. Akito creates fuss 🤯 There's always a FEAR whenever Akito is around.. Always gives a horrible and scary vibe 😵 Dammn! 🤯
But Ayame 👏🏼😍 He's too good in wiping off that seriousness of the situation 😃😂 He didn't even let Yuki think about Akito's rudeness. 😍👏🏼 He just carried Yuki in his hands and started blabbering this nonsense 😂😂😂 "Don't die on me Yuki! The promise that we made while watching the sunset shines brightly within my heart" 😂👏🏼 its always refreshing to watch Ayame ❤️😍

And Machi was focused in this episode more than other characters. She was also bullied in her childhood, by her mother.. I'm sad, why everyone in this series has such a horrible childhood? It brings sadness in my heart..😔 Well, I really hope to see Machi and Yuki together soon 😄 (though it's too early to say that right now.. 😬) and In this episode, I really wanted Tohru and Kyo's scenes, since the anime is about to end 😭

Seeing Yuki, to accept everyone the way they are, and seeing him being confident enough to take decisions now is so satisfying.. He knows now, how to handle all this mess. 💪🏻 Way to Go! Yuki ❤️
Misbah_shahSep 15, 2020 6:10 AM
Sep 15, 2020 6:35 AM

Jun 2020
omg that was so cute when tohru playfully hit kyo with her pom pom scarf x)))))

another great episode. yuki & machi♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ they were too cute, yuki is so kind to her it made me tearful, they are all so broken in one way or another every character hits close to home :'(

that haru & rin hug at the end♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 15, 2020 6:39 AM
Sep 2020
ribbonaffair said:
omg that was so cute when tohru playfully hit kyo with her pom pom scarf x)))))

another great episode. yuki & machi♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ they were too cute, yuki is so kind to her it made me tearful, they are all so broken in one way or another every character hits close to home :'(

that haru & rin hug at the end♡
haha yes. Cutest of all scenes "She showing her scarf to Kyo, and he noticing pom pom 😂" I was thinking "can any other girl behave the same with Kyo? Even if she does, KYO won't behave the same." For him, Tohru's innocence doesn't let him say anything harsh. He's linient and polite, only with her.

This makes me ship Tohru and Kyo, veryyyy often 😍❤️
Sep 15, 2020 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Machi's personality is actually quite cute. Nice to see Yuki letting loose with her brother.
Sep 15, 2020 8:05 AM

Jul 2014
I kind of wish we'd had more focus on Machi and Yuki this episode, now that we're finally starting to learn who Machi actually is with some glimpses of her past. Looks like she was forced to obsessively study at the cost of everything else and had little else to fall back on when she was "abandoned" (presumably for failing to get the results demanded of her).

Beyond that, the zodiac stuff wasn't anything beyond the usual, but it was nice to see Yuki "stand up" to Akito and see Ayame come to his aid this time after his past neglect. Hopefully this will be one of the final times Akito will be allowed to get away with such violent abuse.
Sep 15, 2020 11:23 AM

Jul 2017
Looking at Machi more in-depth, I'd say that she's the void to fill into Yuki's heart. Precisely that both of them lead similar lives with the usual mistreated parental upbringings, it's clear that what Machi saw within Yuki's true self, she understands it all, yet when stood out, all the discrimination are just words away from hurts so deep they cannot recover easily.

The maple leaf that Yuki gave to Machi, and therein made a bookmark of it, that's pretty much indicative of the ship between the both slowly into fruition. And honestly, I don't really mind it at all if Yuki is able to find solace within someone who shares the same sentiments and experiences with him. As long as they're both happy for each other, my heart is at ease.

The banquet of the Somas, and Shigure is still the black hole of a character whose intentions are still anyone's game. Yuki is ready to change his overall thinking, and confessing to Akito seems the only way as the closest guardian of a god. But clearly, his change of heart clearly disgusts the god, to which she retaliates with smashing his head with a drink vase (that was eerily scary with the usual violent abuse) to rescind those thoughts immediately. Clearly if there's anything that Akito wants to make a toy out of, it's Yuki and the easy target of mental bullying.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The ERRONEOUS mistranslation of Shigure's dialogue (saying that Akito should "teach everyone a lesson") is so like his demeanor, but unfortunately, the truth is the other way around (that Shigure WANTED to understand what Akito is thinking a.k.a INQUIRE about Akito's POV). That was an error that totally made NO sense at all (though once again, it feels fluid to Shigure's character).

IMO, Yuki's change of heart truly brings a disruption of the horrid relationship between him and the abusive Akito, and releasing her and everyone of his estranged childhood is a BIG step in the right direction. But as of now, Tohru's wish for change...it won't be this fast, not until Season 3 rolls around.

1 more episode to wrap this unfinished journey 2/3 the way of the manga.
KANLen09Sep 15, 2020 8:17 PM
Sep 15, 2020 12:36 PM

Mar 2017
Whether it's tears of joy or tears of sadness, every week I will cry my eyes out! My biggest thought this episode; I wish Yuki knew how many people he gives hope to just because he's so kind. He always thinks others are supporting him yet he doesn't see how much he does too.

One thing that's amazing about this anime is the way just the mention of Akito can make you, as the audience, feel such anxiety and a little fear the same as it does with the Zodiac Sohmas'. It feels like you experience the same feelings they do and it just makes the experience of watching all the more intense.
Sep 15, 2020 12:59 PM

Jul 2016
This episode is also excellent, like the whole season. Nice to have had an insight into Machi, both she and Yuki want someone to live for and be important to, they would be great together, plus she is the only one who understood that Yuki was alone, while now he can smile happily. All this also thanks to Kakeru, Yuki could not find a better friend.

Also beautiful is the scene with Akito who obviously didn't appreciate this change in Yuki's character, but she will have to get over it. Maybe Kureno pushed by Yuki's words will change his lifestyle, we'll see.
Sep 15, 2020 1:36 PM

Feb 2014
About time you made a small appearance in this episode, Ritsu! XD

Aside from that, this was another compelling and satisfying episode. The first half was dedicated to Machi and we got a better insight into her thoughts and what she does outside of school. You can't help but have sympathy for her during her phone call to her mother. =(

Still, it did set up for a great scene with her meeting Yuki before the others. His words seem to get through her so easily that she doesn't really know what to do. Then when she dropped her stuff and Yuki offered to help, she went complete tsundere on him. Funny, but cute at the same time! =3

The second half was more focused on the new years banquet and Yuki did appear this time, although his words got Akito angry and made him last out, yet again, at poor Yuki. Despite that, you can see how much more honest and expressive the zodiac members are to each other. That's proof that they're slowly changing for the better. =)
Sep 15, 2020 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
arvin_1219 said:
based on voice recognition, it's Ami Koshimizu

not sure on the credits tho, since I can't read Kanji

Thanks, but ANN's Furuba season 2 entry has just been updated and apparently it's Ryouka Yuzuki. Sounds about right to me.
Sep 15, 2020 3:34 PM
Jul 2020
Poor Machi are moms in this anime in competition for the title of the worst mother or what?
Yuki is so sweet, Tooru×kyo moments r so cute as always
Sep 15, 2020 3:44 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah figured that Shigure line was a miss translation... Smh crunchy roll. Pretty bad thing to mess up. Hope they fix it.

Anyways... Yuki has grown so much it could make me cry. Before Akito went rage his reaction was extremely telling. The fact that Yuki can have a normal group of friends that have nothing to do with the Soma's or Tohru is so special. And of course the parallel between Machi and Yuki versus Yuki and Tohru is very obvious but powerful.
Sep 15, 2020 3:54 PM
Nov 2014
Shigure went dark there for a sec there - still don't know why he does that. Hope it's covered next season at least. Dude's way too mysterious

EDIT

KANLen09 said:
Looking at Machi more in-depth, I'd say that she's the void to fill into Yuki's heart. Precisely that both of them lead similar upbringings with the usual mistreated parental upbringings, it's clear that what Machi saw within Yuki's true self, she understands it all, yet when stood out, all the discrimination are just words away from a hurt so deep they cannot recover easily.

The maple leaf that Yuki gave to Machi, and therein made a bookmark of it, that's pretty much indicative of the ship between the both slowly into fruition. And honestly, I don't really mind it at all if Yuki is able to find solace within someone who shares the same sentiments and experiences with him. As long as they're both happy for each other, my heart is at ease.

The meeting of the Somas, and Shigure is still the black hole of a character whose intentions are still anyone's game. Yuki is ready to change his overall thinking, and confessing to Akito seems the only way as the closest guardian of a god. But clearly, his change of heart clearly disgusts the god, to which she retaliates with smashing his head with a drink vase (that was eerily scary with the usual violent abuse).

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The ERRONEOUS mistranslation of Shigure's dialogue (saying that Akito should "teach everyone a lesson") is so like his demeanor, but unfortunately, the truth is the other way around (that Shigure WANTED to understand what Akito is thinking a.k.a INQUIRE about Akito's POV). That was an error that totally made NO sense at all (though once again, it feels fluid to Shigure's character).

IMO, Yuki's change of heart truly brings a disruption of the horrid relationship between him and the abusive Akito, and releasing her and everyone of his estranged childhood is a BIG step in the right direction. But as of now, Tohru's wish for change...it won't be this fast, not until Season 3 rolls around.

1 more episode to wrap this unfinished journey 2/3 the way of the manga.

this clears up a lot about my comment above! Thanks
Sep 15, 2020 4:26 PM

Apr 2015
I got spoiled on the Yuki x Machi ship early this season and had mixed feelings about it, but their interactions are unexpectedly hilarious and I could definitely see the chemistry! Looking forward to see their relationship further develop. Also love Yuki's interaction with Akito, it definitely highlights Yuki's overall character development and emphasizes how much Yuki's view of the world and his perspective on viewing others has changed. Best boy this season for sure! Also love seeing more Kyo x Tohru, as always <3

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 15, 2020 6:56 PM
Dec 2019
I just want Yuki to be happy
Sep 15, 2020 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
i support Yuki x Machi!
you have my total respect caring SHISHOU!
5/5.

Sep 15, 2020 9:40 PM

May 2014
I'm so sad there's only one episode left T_T 3rd season hasn't been officially announced but I bet it wont be until Spring 2021 at the EARLIEST. My Monday's will never be the same ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Sep 16, 2020 5:17 AM

Feb 2014
Machi turned out to be quite the tsundere. Lovable and a beauty to be cared for. Both Yuki and Machi found themselves in each other. Hope to see more of them to the closure.

Btw who was that blonde behind Ayame at the banquet?

SouthRzVa said:
Antpan_124 said:
What shigure meant to say at this scene was "If only Akito could understand too"
And he definitely did NOT meant to say "akito should teach them a lesson"

Like that's the complete opposite !!!

Thanks for clarifying that. I was like "Shigure WTF" when I read it.

Bad subs I guess?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 16, 2020 5:56 AM

Dec 2015
dasprn said:
Machi turned out to be quite the tsundere. Lovable and a beauty to be cared for. Both Yuki and Machi found themselves in each other. Hope to see more of them to the closure.

SouthRzVa said:

Bad subs I guess?

That blondr behind Ayame? You mean Ritsu?
Sep 16, 2020 8:02 AM

Jun 2017
Machi needs Tohru to clean her room up! It looked repulsive!😖😖

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 16, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2016
dasprn said:

SouthRzVa said:

Bad subs I guess?

Definitely bad subs.
Also, the blonde behind Ayame was Ritsu, the monkey.
Sep 16, 2020 11:25 AM

Jul 2019
Glad to see Machi is changing
And also Yuki.
Sep 16, 2020 12:59 PM

Nov 2019
Yuki is becoming a chad without even knowing it.

Tohru with pompom is pure win

Akito should eat every glassware he/she/it breaks...

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 16, 2020 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
SouthRzVa said:

I can't remember seeing her. What episode did she peek in?

Sep 16, 2020 4:49 PM

Jul 2016
dasprn said:
SouthRzVa said:

Him* Ritsu is actually a guy but feels more comfortable dressing up as a woman. He appeared in Ep.19 of season 1 and became friends with Shigure's editor, Mitsuru.
Sep 16, 2020 7:32 PM

Feb 2019
Yuki x Machi is moving nicely and I love it! Machi is still very much stuck, and it seems her mother only cares about the things on the outside and doesn't care about her daughter on the inside very much. What's worse, it seems Machi has a little brother and their mother seems to care for him more, because I believe Machi is the eldest child and therefore carries all the expectations. But the scene at the station as she met Yuki was really cute! Loved seeing Machi blushing and so flustered like that.

Tohru being all polite to Shisho like she's coming to be his wife lol

Tohru was extra cute in the flashbacks, especially with Kyo. That new scarf with her cute pigtails and that playful swinging of the pompoms hitting Kyo's chest. What is with Tohru this episode? Too cute. When she ran straight into the wall trying to hug Rin too.

All the zodiacs gathered in one place, except for Rin. Great speech there from Yuki, about not wanting to blame others anymore and wanting to move forward. He really has matured, and won't ever return to Akito's side. Akito sure didn't take it lightly.

That moment between Hattori and Yuki was nice. From the viewpoint of the suffering child Yuki, it would've seemed like Hattori must've been evil. But Hattori went through something similar. It wasn't more or less painful, I think it was equal. Just different.

And it seems Hattori's moving on too.

And Momiji managed to get Tohru's gift to Kureno.

I wonder what'll happen in the final episode of the season! I definitely need a season 3. It seems we're JUST getting to the best parts.
Sep 16, 2020 8:29 PM

Feb 2014
SouthRzVa said:
dasprn said:

Him* Ritsu is actually a guy but feels more comfortable dressing up as a woman. He appeared in Ep.19 of season 1 and became friends with Shigure's editor, Mitsuru.

Oh I remember him how. That episode was quite funny. I really forgot him. And here I was thinking if the blonde was that mysterious character mentioned around spoilers.

Sep 16, 2020 11:34 PM
Sep 2020
KingGarland said:
really hope what you say be true soon 😅
Sep 16, 2020 11:59 PM

Aug 2017
Machi seems like a really interesting character.
Would love to watch her character development. I hope she gets more screen time.

Sep 17, 2020 7:51 AM

Jul 2010
Machi is adorable. This latter half of the season has been fully dedicated to Yuki, and I love it. His growth each episode has been so tangible, and to have it framed from Machi's point of view this episode was brilliant.

And Tohru's voiceover at the end, wishing for the curse to be broken and for everyone's happiness, while there's a montage of her looking at Kyo, Momiji giving Kureno the Cinderella video, Haru hugging Rin... ahh, that was gorgeous.

Excited for the last episode, but feeling sad that I won't have a new Fruits Basket episode to brighten up my Mondays after next week. :(
Sep 17, 2020 8:06 AM
Sep 2020
Antpan_124 said:
MuraragiKoyomi said:
what about his expression when he said that?

I mean that's just shigure being ominous xd
Doesn't change what he actually said

KingGarland said:

The 13 eps was just a rumor, made by Eric vale (Yuki's English va) back when the first season started. He quickly took back what he said.

The remaining chapters to adapt are actually 43 (a character backstory was left out for s3) which is around the same amount as the chapters s1 covered so they can easily fit everything in a 25 ep season
ohh.. Thanks for this info. 👍🏻 I'M GLAD to know that we'll enjoy other 25 episodes 😍
Sep 17, 2020 2:22 PM

May 2009
Almost at the end, but already wanted to write down how happy I am with this show. This show definitely had some ups and downs for me, but with the explanation and changes on Yuki.. The introduction to Machi.. The story involving Kyou and Tooru.. everthing seems to move on pretty sweet! Starting to really adore this show. I am hoping they will animate it to the end so I do not have to pick up the manga. (:
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 17, 2020 8:41 PM

Aug 2018
I LOVE THIS EP

Everything are so natural and heartwarming except for that Akito scene.

I ship Machi and Yuki.
Machi be like one of those people who overthinks a lot and get really depress easily on everything. It's really hilarious when they are teasing her about that leaf lol
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 18, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
Y'all probably might laugh at me but i actually didn't know this was still ongoing and i was wondering where ep 25 is hahahaha im so dumb! XD
I thought i waited long enough for everything to air. I was so excited when this got a remake. Oh well gotta wait for the last episode then. I want more of hatori and mayu kyaaaa ><

If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy.

Sep 18, 2020 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
My heart aches, I'm not ready for this season to end, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Not sure what to expect from next episode, I just can't think of anything
I'm just happy to see everyone happy for a bit, then Akito comes and ruins it for a bit again smh
At least Yuki doesn't seem that affected, that's a bit relieving, but I know he is not really that fine
Sep 18, 2020 12:45 PM

May 2016
Slowly wrapping up the left overs of Machi and Yuuki in a really good and cute way.
Now what is left is Kureno and the curse I wonder if one episode will be enough to
finish the series no matter how I look at it I feel it's gonna be a bit rushed.

Can't believe I'm already at the end of the road of this wonderful show I didn't have a 10/10 for a long time now hopefully it stays like this and last episode hit
all the buttons for me.

SkyLETV said:
Tsundere Machi... OMG She's so cute!!!

And just when you thought Tohru couldn't get any cuter, she hits Kyo with her pompom... my heart!
This 100% Agree with it.
Sep 18, 2020 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
They skipped 4 chapters and here we have chapters 94-95. We got some focus on Machi and then Yuki pretty much cutting ties with Akito, which Akito didn't like (the distant look in Yuki's eyes).

Funny how everyone says Machi is cute and interesting. For me she's pretty boring (yeah, I read the manga). :P I know she gets a good character development and sad backstory like all other important characters, but I don't like all of those characters. Some are boring and some annoying. :P

Tohru was adorable again this episode. That little scarf scene and how she ran towards Rin to hug her, only to hit the window. XD

Next episode is about Kureno and it will probably be chapters 96-97, which I don't like because it will end with a big cliffhanger because it's 4 chapters connected, it needs 2 episodes and not 1.

I thought the 4 skipped chapters would have made a good finish for the last 2 episodes of this season. :/
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Sep 18, 2020 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
Third season confirmed?
Sep 18, 2020 7:42 PM
Mar 2014
Loved this episode especially with how Machi is opening up. Feels like a Yuki x Machi pairing is in the making. Akito being terrible as usual, but I think the biggest part was on Yuki's development. His ability to attend the banquet and stay strong in an emotional situation as well.
Sep 18, 2020 7:47 PM

Apr 2016
First half of the episode was filler that should have been cut. Second half put us right on track for plot progression.

It feels bizzare for Akito to have a violent outburst at the banquet... and absolutely no one is even a little bit miffed about it. Even if people were afraid of "their god", I still think that they would have instinctively flinched, gasped, yelped, furrowed their brows, etc, at Akito. Ofcourse, they would have been self conscious and then tried to restrain themselves. The apparent non-reaction just feels really weird. Especially Kisa and Hiro.
Sep 19, 2020 12:07 AM

Aug 2015
kevin_video said:
Does anyone know what was said by Tohru around the time Kureno was given the DVD that said "Watch this alone"? The subtitles cut out around that time. It kicked back in when she said "I wish...", but I missed what was said before. Hoping they'll be fixed when I watch it again, but still.

Not sure if you figured it out already, but putting into google translate what I think she said gives this translation: "It's okay with just a little chance", so I guess a more accurate translation would probably be something like "even if there's only a small chance". So her full monologue would be:

"But this year, I wish for the curse to be broken and for happiness to come. Even if there's only a small chance, I wish for change."
Sep 19, 2020 10:49 AM

Jan 2008
Albaer said:
Not sure if you figured it out already, but putting into google translate what I think she said gives this translation: "It's okay with just a little chance", so I guess a more accurate translation would probably be something like "even if there's only a small chance". So her full monologue would be:

"But this year, I wish for the curse to be broken and for happiness to come. Even if there's only a small chance, I wish for change."

I did not, so I definitely appreciate this.

Also read about Shingure's mistranslation.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 19, 2020 9:06 PM

Jun 2019
Valyrian1124 said:
First half of the episode was filler that should have been cut. Second half put us right on track for plot progression.

I would say it only constitutes filler if one believes showing characterization of Machi isn't relevant, but she's involved in several episodes and scenes at this point with Yuki, who is a main character. And it makes the overall world more interesting and rich to have more characters developed.

Valyrian1124 said:
It feels bizzare for Akito to have a violent outburst at the banquet... and absolutely no one is even a little bit miffed about it. Even if people were afraid of "their god", I still think that they would have instinctively flinched, gasped, yelped, furrowed their brows, etc, at Akito. Ofcourse, they would have been self conscious and then tried to restrain themselves. The apparent non-reaction just feels really weird. Especially Kisa and Hiro.

I would say they all looked noticeably either shocked (particularly Kisa and Kagura) or miffed (particularly Momiji and Hiro). Kisa it seems did gasp or was mouth agape because she had hands covering her mouth/lower face area. Momiji looked very stern and annoyed. Hiro seems more annoyed than surprised as well because he had already known what Akito was capable of from seeing worse done to Rin. Kureno is also shown looking shocked and caught off-guard. I think it's just a matter where they know their place. They cannot speak out for any one member because they know then Akito could visit the same pain and punishments against either them or the others and they would be powerless to retaliate or raise even a finger against it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

75 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.