Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 1, 2020 6:57 AM

Feb 2014
with all the love in the air, we sure are getting bits of sadness too. Kyo was damn smooth this episode. And wow Mach just grabbed Yuki's heart in one fell swoop by understanding his character. Hope to see these two ships set sail soon enough.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 1, 2020 7:14 AM
Apr 2015
LOVED THIS EPISODE! I'm hoping they don't rush the "Something Like Cinderella" play in the nest episode... I've been looking forward to it.
Sep 1, 2020 7:26 AM

Dec 2016
Yuki cried ;^; It was hard to watch our prince cry while expressing his feelings and... Machi doesn't see Yuki as a prince? That surprised me, but maybe it's a sign. A good sign... maybe X) I mean, it somehow changed his heart, right??

More Kyo x Tohru moments. Can't get enough of it <3 Love it!

Great episode! I knew the role of evil stepsister wasn't made for our Tohru XD The's too kindhearted by nature to be played as evil. I'm glad the classmate changed the roles for the sake of the theatre to be successful ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 1, 2020 7:27 AM
Sep 2020
jvincyhncunynvfthh
Sep 1, 2020 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
I have a feeling that the tension between Kyo and Yuki will escalate soon. I hope they can finally come to terms with eachother but I doubt that will be something we see until the end of the series.

Also, did Mine seriously hold up a paper that said Ii ne? XD
Sep 1, 2020 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
See the whole problem with Yuki and Kyou is that they are BOTH really broken and neither one knows what the other has gone through.

Akito poisoned both boys against each other.

They NEED to sit down and share their life story with each other...but both of them have too much pride to do that and neither wants to listen to what the other says anyway

The fact that Yuki was able to finally do that with Kakeru speaks volumes about his character growth though. This would have been unthinkable for him a year ago.

Sep 1, 2020 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, that casting for the play was never going to work out and the change should make things much more interesting anyway. Big confrontation between Yuki and Kyo as well, but not quite the same as normal. Seems we're going to end this season with some romantic progression one way or another, with the curse stuff presumably coming back in full force for season 3.
Sep 1, 2020 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
See the whole problem with Yuki and Kyou is that they are BOTH really broken and neither one knows what the other has gone through.

Akito poisoned both boys against each other.

They NEED to sit down and share their life story with each other...but both of them have too much pride to do that and neither wants to listen to what the other says anyway

The fact that Yuki was able to finally do that with Kakeru speaks volumes about his character growth though. This would have been unthinkable for him a year ago.

Yeah. This right here is my exact thoughts. In my posts, I sounded hella salty towards Kyo and his fans lmao. You did a better job at explaining the Kyo vs Yuki situation without sounding bias.

I know some stuff that happens in the manga, but I don't know if they ever become friends. I hope they do! <3
Sep 1, 2020 4:23 PM

Nov 2008
@-Mae- thanks for the compliment. ^^ I appreciate Yuki a whole lot more than I used to. As a kid, I only cared about shipping during Furuba's original days but now I care about everything. :D

Sep 1, 2020 4:32 PM

Oct 2008
oh man that last scene Kyou x Tohru loved it!
5/5.

Sep 1, 2020 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
@Chiibi No problem! ^^ As someone who didn't watch the original or read the manga, it's always interesting to hear the point of view of someone who is a longtime fan. :3
Sep 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Jan 2010
Jocus_ said:
No one in this story has bad intentions or are ignorant it is just they are suppressed in many different ways. They all are approaching life and relationships wrong but they all are justified in their actions. That is the whole plot of Fruit's Basket. Understanding relationships and others.

You. You put that masterfully. Well done.

This is the beauty of Fruits Basket. <3
Sep 1, 2020 8:22 PM

Feb 2019
Tohru is certainly motherly. The way Yuki put it about how when Tohru ran after Kyo, she seemed mature, womanly, motherly, was something that didn't occur to me. She did seem a different kind of person at that time. Tohru's acceptance and kindness I guess is close to what to a lot of people is an ideal mother.

As for ships, I guess this basically confirms that Yuki x Tohru isn't the one sailing. Even when given the choice to see things the way that Yuki x Tohru would be, he denies it himself saying that it felt wrong. But I find the bond Yuki and Tohru share to be really special and amazing too.
Sep 1, 2020 9:18 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
inhales K Y O, KYAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa.
passes out
Sep 2, 2020 3:48 AM
Dec 2019
I really like this season and I’m really happy to see Yuki come to terms with his true emotions and feelings. Tohru may be a bit of an airhead but she definitely has that motherly vibe to her. We also got a small scene with Machi so I’m looking forward to the new scenes with her. Just wondering if there is more to Machi/Kakeru’s family that hasn’t been said yet.

Now onto the part that’s got me thinking most... Kyo. We had some scenes with Tohru which were nice and some scenes with Kyo and Yuki which really got my attention. I know Kyo pretty much hates Yuki but why did he make such an expression? What happened on the stairs? I just gotta say I love Kyo but what he said on the stairs was a bit much, but Yuki just really smiled at him. However adding onto that, what’s up with Kyo and Tohru’s mom? It shows Tohru’s mom saying “Don’t you want it that way? You wouldn’t want... not having anyone to hate, right?”

Tohru’s mom is my favorite character in this series like she may be dead but when she was alive she was like the coolest person ever. She’s got the I may not know everything but I know everything type of feel.
Sep 3, 2020 4:52 AM

Nov 2016
If she's like a mother then I got bad news for you.

Jokes aside, another immensely enjoyable episode. From Yuki's POV to Tohru being adorably stupid.

Gotcha>_</5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2020 5:56 AM
Nov 2014
lmao I'm living for the ever-so-extra Ayumu (and permanent fixture beside him, Mine)! XD I just love the bit where their 'official permission' to enter the school was just a sheet of paper that said "いいよ。" on it hahaha

Feel-bomb hit in the end there :') so many ships about to set sail
Sep 3, 2020 12:08 PM

Jun 2017
Why can't Tohru be Cinderella instead. I think that role is much compatible with her personality!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 4, 2020 8:31 AM
Jun 2020
SakuraUchiha2313 said:
Kyoru is sailing over the seven seas.
. Why "kyoru" and not "Tokyo"😉😛
MAL random comment:Tokyo sailing over seven seas
Tectonic plates: am I a joke to u🙄
Sep 4, 2020 8:40 PM
Jan 2016
What's the name of that OST that plays like every episode that starts with violins and transitions to a low pitched flute? Plays during monologues most times or during emotional moments.
Sep 5, 2020 4:55 AM

Apr 2016
Holy shit he's still standing around talking about his FEELINGS to the tune of oscar bait music!

I miss when this show actually had a story to tell. Just get back to the Arisa x Kurenai, Momiji's family, and Akito plots!
Sep 5, 2020 8:17 PM
Sep 2008
OOOMMMMMGGGG THAT ANIMATION AT THE END OF THE EPISODE WASSSSSSSSSS AWESOMMEE@!!!@@@@ GOOSH
Sep 6, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2018
Tohru becoming an evil sister isn't like her but it's funny seeing her try. Kyo finally accepts and takes the role of the Prince. It makes me sad seeing Yuki fighting his demons alone.
Sep 7, 2020 4:21 PM

Aug 2020
I never finished the manga but I hope Kyo and Yuki start to form a better relationship. Yuki is trying so hard and Kyo is just not having it. I love both of them but I think we all want their feud to end.

When I did read the manga I was a huge Yuki x Tohru fan but once I started the anime I shifted to Kyo x Tohru. Glad to see that's most likely our outcome based off this episode. :)

Sep 8, 2020 8:55 PM

Jan 2019
I feel like the last few episodes have genuinely been art in the most real sense of the word. I've been enraptured from start to finish- and as someone who has been beginning, its felt not like separate episodes, but one continuous story in a way I don't know if I've ever seen before.

Also, as someone who was rooting for Yuki... GGs.
Sep 9, 2020 2:44 AM

Mar 2012
Kyo pisses me off, he's always acting like he's the only one suffering and takes it out on poor Yuki, typical selfish tsundere.

Jocus_ said:
Cause in this episode one of the ships was NOT blown of water but rather was slowly dismantled piece by piece so smoothly that even Yuki supporters would also say, "I guess it was justified" and believe me it was.
I see it as a pathetic attempt to solve the love triangle after baiting - like is there even a love triangle where tsundere doesn't win -_-
But I have read spoilers and know who Yuki ends up with and I find her to be way more attractive as a character than your typical goody-two-shoes cat obsessed Tohru so I've got something to look forward to.
Sep 10, 2020 2:37 PM

May 2016
These two unfortunate kids, Kyo tells him that he doesn't know anything which is true, but he is wrong about the other part of being loved and lived like a prince.

I actually thought they gonna open up and throw their cards on the table but I guess
it's gonna happen later and not soon maybe for the finale.

Let's not forget about Nabe being such a good friend for Yuuki a true legend.
Sep 12, 2020 10:05 AM

Jun 2020
kakeru is best boy 2.0

wasn't what kyo said a plot device for this episode - right after that prince/peachy perfect remark it was machi's scene & her remark of how he is not like a prince. how well-written....

i love you kyo but damn, please, yuki is hurting as much as you are

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 21, 2020 2:32 AM

Mar 2015
.... wow, that Kyo x Tohru scene at the end was breathtaking. My heart actually skipped severals beats, as if I was really the one in love. This show superbly transcribe feelings to the point you're the protagonist yourself. It hurts so good. This look he gives meant a thousand things. It's too much. Ahhh~~~~
Oct 11, 2020 4:38 PM

May 2013
Kyo's flashback shows he doesn't actually hate Yuki ;A; I wish they could get along better. Love them both in their own ways ^-^

KyoXTohru cute like usual ^////^ the way he looked up at her~~~ /DIES.
Oct 23, 2020 5:12 PM

Aug 2017
Kyo playing with Tooru was really cute and hilarious at the same time lmao. Yuki finally matured as a character and was able to say how he felt about Tooru. Honestly, I think giving him a love interest would be pretty unnecessary and he's fine as he is.

NurguburuOct 23, 2020 5:20 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 30, 2020 11:58 PM

Apr 2018
I guess I'm the oddball and felt a little sad that Yuki doesn't see Tohru that way. It's weird of me to want to ship Tohru with both of the guys but obviously, that's impossible loool

Mar 7, 2021 9:04 AM

May 2016
Kyou telling Yuki that he has no idea what it's like to be struggling hit home, you just never ever know. I'm also longing for Kyou and Yuki to make up and put the past behind them. Yuki even said in the last episode he had hoped they could be friends :(
Mar 14, 2021 7:48 PM

Jun 2019
I got buzzed and thought about this episode, so here I am, months after I first watched it. I was always a Kyo shipper, but I’m also the kind who likes to go with whatever the author/mangaka believes is best... she did this so well. I mean, honestly, it all makes so much sense now. I typically don’t ever simply dislike a ship as strong as this one, but there was always something off to me between Yuki and Tohru. Again, him seeing her as a mother figure EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. I remember being amazed at how perfect an explanation that was, because I could never, for some reason, picture Tohru and Yuki being together. They’re typically both soft-spoken, and I know Yuki sometimes loses that patience, which has proved to be an excellent character arc, but they were never a good “fit.” Meanwhile, Kyo always looked at Tohru different... she was also the only one who ran after him in the finale of the first season. *Sigh* So, yes, I did come back here to talk about this amazing show/development just because I drank too much wine. Also, I sincerely apologize to any Yuki shippers out there who’s ship just sank... And I think I should note that I have not read any of the manga, even though this already says anime-only post.
Mar 25, 2021 4:30 AM

Jun 2019
Another good episode. Can't wait for that act.
Apr 9, 2021 4:30 AM

Aug 2019
I’m just wondering what’s up with Kyo and Tohru’s mom, wonder if it’ll get explained by the end of this season or will it be explained next season
May 2, 2021 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
Kyo has a lot of maturing to do...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 2021 3:00 AM

Dec 2020
first half was a nice follow-up after last episode. kyo lashing out to yuki with words that's the opposite of what yuki's been through was also great
May 31, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2020
I wanted Kakeru and Yuki's convo to be a little longer for some reason

Ayame made my day again
Jun 23, 2021 9:38 AM
Feb 2021
The whole thing about motherly love is just an excuse. The mangaka simply wrote themselves into a corner and didn't know what to do.
Jul 7, 2021 6:51 PM

Apr 2010
melieon said:
As someone who read the manga fifteen years ago or so, simply seeing this animated makes me want to cry, I never thought it would happen. Yuki is one of my favorite characters ever, I'm so proud of my boy :') Kyoru also warms my heart a lot, I'm looking forward to seeing more of them together. I'm looking forward to it all actually, I hope S3 comes as soon as possible (hopefully without having the crew overwork themselves).

This. Fellow 15 y/o, I salute you!

Just cuz everyone's talking about Kyo and Yuki: Kyo is justified. Yuki is justified. They are both justified. HOWEVER, Yuki has matured to the level, grown and risen up where he can look PAST his justifications to something better - just because you can spend your life hating something or something doesn't mean you should. Kyo hasn't reached there yet. He still has many unsolved 'skeletons in the closet' for lack of better term - he's matured far past what he started as, but he still has a long way to go and that's FINE, and it's justified.
I'm glad Yuki was able to start looking past the Soumas and into the future~

Also, the animation has been absolutely FLAWLESS the last two episodes. Like daaaaaam
itssimplymeJul 7, 2021 6:58 PM
Aug 4, 2021 7:57 PM
Dec 2016
eliecher said:
The whole thing about motherly love is just an excuse. The mangaka simply wrote themselves into a corner and didn't know what to do.
the mangaka actually came up with yuki’s true feelings before 98% of the entire rest of the story. Your just salty
Aug 7, 2021 11:33 AM

Jul 2021
Yuki actually opened up to someone and shared his feelings. I'm glad he trusts manabe. My boi got a friend like he wanted. I cannot stress enough how much i liked that this didn't turn into a love triangle.

I didn't enjoy the way kyo talked to Yuki after seeing his backstory. Kyo has to still change and I think that's what Yuki trying to do. Baby Yuki just wanted kyo to be his friend.

Kyo×tooru moments are cute. That slo-mo was (how do I put it) absolutely needed lol!!
Aug 15, 2021 5:06 PM
Jun 2021
The last scene with Kyo & Tohru 😭
Sep 5, 2021 11:10 AM

Jun 2019
I've always been on team Kyo. But I don't like the way they settled Yuki's feelings for her as "motherly". It just felt wrong after all that time. I would have preferred if they retained it as romantic love :(
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 5, 2021 11:37 AM

Jun 2019
taylormoo said:
I typically don’t ever simply dislike a ship as strong as this one, but there was always something off to me between Yuki and Tohru.

Sorry for quoting something you posted months ago 🤣But I realized this might be right. I've always felt something was off, but I never wanted to accept it. I've always been on Team Kyo, but somehow, I kind of wanted to Yuki to always be by her side too, so I just kind of brushed off the "off-ness" of their relationship 🤣
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 11, 2021 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
Kyo teasing Tohru was just so cute. Glad there ain't no painful love triangle as the pain from everybody's sad backstory is already dealing enough damage. Also it would be even tougher to see Yuki and Kyo becoming friends if they both loved Tohru romantically.

Sep 17, 2021 11:53 PM
Dec 2016
llolzcalai said:
I've always been on team Kyo. But I don't like the way they settled Yuki's feelings for her as "motherly". It just felt wrong after all that time. I would have preferred if they retained it as romantic love :(
they were never romantic love we just assumed that and yuki tried to pretend they were because he was embarrassed. The author came up with this relationship idea before even writing the story.
Sep 18, 2021 12:22 AM

Jun 2019
Nobody5464 said:
llolzcalai said:
they were never romantic love we just assumed that and yuki tried to pretend they were because he was embarrassed. The author came up with this relationship idea before even writing the story.

Yeah, you have a point. But I think he was more confused than embarrassed. Honestly, I just find it hard to accept because it's not my preferred way to end their relationship HAHA but thinking back on all their interactions, I do understand how the "motherly" feelings is sensible.
Nov 20, 2021 6:55 AM

Mar 2013
I'd really like to say that "I expected this of Yuki not having any romantic ideas with Tooru" since the story up to this point, Yuki's actions are always on the passive side. The thought of "maybe they just have different goals in mind" cross my mind again and again. And finally, I'm glad Yuki explained what Tooru is to him and he unexpectedly said it to his new found friend and the things he did earlier episodes makes sense now. 😌😌
CrazyButNot4UNov 20, 2021 6:59 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2020

114 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 16, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

125 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 15, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

241 by SenChen »»
Sep 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

178 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 14, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

143 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.