Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 29, 2019 7:15 AM
Sep 2010
J_B said:
action scenes looked ok, the rest was bad, the final like 6 minutes was good animations

im confused how they even got to the battle, in ep 6 everyone was at the hot springs, ep 7 was a recap and then 8 was a giant battle, it makes no sense

Why isn't Nimi (Z23) getting more screentime, she's a Starter Ship as well

I believe the reason why Nimi is barely getting any attention, despite being a starter ship is...that she isn't one in Japan. She takes the spot Ayanami has in the english version - meaning you only get her once you've limitbroken Ayanami, Javelin and Laffey.

A shame by the way, seeing as some of my most favorite ships are Ironblood... The focus lies heavily on the Sakura Empire ships... Also I'm deeply missing Victorious and Z46. I was hoping to see them at least in the background, but they are completely absent. Generally speaking, it seems like ships featured in the Divergent Chessboard event are just...missing. Same for the french ships. Oh well.
Nov 29, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2018
All the sudden they were surrender by frozen sea icebergs and shit ...First I thought my old ass have gone senile and missed a week ..But no, its weird pacing and just confusing as ever

The fighting is so boring just wasting time when we instead could have lesbian fun action!! Glad to see that my girls dont really want to fight or hurt anyone .Things needs to calm down.Lesbians shall make love not war!!

HMS Belfast did really good and shined .But no Unicorn!! That irritates me!! Honey again show us what we think about this stupid ass anime!!!,,YEES!! Good girl!! Love you!!

Both me and my loli waifu are displeased!! And for that you now have 6/10 .Next week I want my Unicorn back!!

Yuri-CrusaderNov 29, 2019 11:48 AM
Nov 29, 2019 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
The Ironblood ships are still nowhere to be seen, we're back to wonky animation and the pacing is still awful. Can't wait for these more serious episodes to be over so we can go back to ship waifu fan service as that's the only saving grace of this show.
Nov 29, 2019 11:40 AM

Aug 2018
Good episode. Ayanami had a close call, and The Grey Ghost continues to weird out. I have a feeling that Azur Lane and Sakura Empire are about to unite to defeat the Sirens and rescue Akagi. I couldn’t tell in Shokaku and Zuikoku bit the big one or not.
Nov 29, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2015
I love Enterprise with golden eyes she looks so cool. I just love this glorification of Enterprise like what Kantai Collection did with Fubuki but here they're making Enterprise a whole new level of badass cool.

Its great to see the actual ships shoot and fight unlike with Kantai Collection where its only equipment.

Cant wait to see what they have in store for this badass Enterprise.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 29, 2019 2:50 PM
Mar 2017
After an intense combat, both sides are in an Arctic terrain and several ship girls separated from their fleets, but the fleet of the Sakura Empire is the one that suffers most with the disappearance of Akagi and Kaga wounded, added to the fact that the Fleet is at a disadvantage.

Belfast as always stood out with her role as Maid, she always knows what to say in the moments when a ship girl feels lost, those words that she said to Javelin undoubtedly gave the little girls a new direction.

That scene where Enterprise is in front of that sakura tree was strange, Amagi finally made her appearance and her eyes disturbed me a lot, but it did make some things made sense.
I really like that Shoukaku doubted the suspicious activities of Akagi and Kaga regarding Siren technology in front of their companions, it is strange that the other ship girls did not have doubts just because both sisters are the leading ships of their fleet. To my surprise, Akagi is still alive, but in the hands of the Sirens with whom she has been working, I personally know that someone with tentacles and a girl does not make the situation look positive, but on the other hand it was sad to see the discouraged girls after terminating the search for Akagi.

Zuikaku and Shoukaku offered as a distraction, I was on the edge of the chair while I watched as both evaded the attacks of Pr. Wales and her companions, but when I saw Enterprise with her gaze still lost, I knew that Zuikaku and Shoukaku were in grave danger, but fortunately my favorite sisters were saved thanks to Ayanami's brave action and at the moment she was about to fall into that hole, Javelin and Laffey save their friend.

Now it remains in doubt if Shoukaku Zuikaku and Ayanami will also cooperate with Azur Lane as well as Akashi and the other thing that remains in doubt is what will happen to Akagi, who is in the hands of the Sirens and I know that she is not safe.
Nov 29, 2019 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
Animation was pretty good weirdly considering this ep where literally half of it was just everyone having some poetic speech's about war

And then you have that loli debate for the umpteenth time

Oh well, can't wait for the next "War never changes" speech in the next ep
Nov 30, 2019 2:24 AM

Mar 2013
The Episode is good but the Animation, it hurts my eyes in some part and good in other parts lmao. But I think I can understand with how detail the animation movements looks. It kinda have this similar vibe to previous Fate/Grand Order Episode last week, so many actions yet so less budget to animate... Hope they'll do better in the later Episode or fixing them when the Blu-ray will be released.

The latter half part is quite breath-taking especially the part where Javelin and Laffey saving Ayanami, pheww. Time to grind more Azur Lane EN tonight... I need more Nimi and other Iron Blood casts more in the anime now.
Rio-Nov 30, 2019 2:28 AM
Nov 30, 2019 3:25 AM

May 2018
Still no Bismarck. I hope after saving Ayanami,Sakura Empire,Royal Navy,Eagle Union and Iron Blood will work together. It's time for Siren.
Nov 30, 2019 7:25 AM

May 2018
So this is what happens when Shikikan is not here to lead everyone xD
Nov 30, 2019 8:43 AM

Feb 2019
The animation was horrible this episode. The colours were often disconcerting and especially the characters were sometimes unrecognisable or robotic. Sometimes it's like they changed completely, and a lot of hair didn't even move at all even when facing gale winds. I gotta say it made me enjoy the episode far less than I should've.

Horrible animation aside, looks like the two sides are less hostile now? It seems the rest of the Sakura Empire fleet is now starting to doubt Akagi and Kaga and it looks like a pseudo-coup d'etat since Akagi is missing, with Soryuu and Hiryuu taking the lead. I was already quite sad thinking that Zuikaku and Shoukaku were going to die (the horrible animation ruined that scene by the way). Enterprise was pretty scary. That was the most violent scene I've seen in this series so far with tens of warplanes just relentlessly bombing. Although I'm not sure how I feel about Ayanami suddenly arriving and basically saving them, I gotta say that Ayanami was badass and it was awesome to see (again, ruined by the animation). If the animation had been better, it would've been really awesome and I probably would've got goosebumps.

It seems the two sides are getting closer. Maybe they'll realise they're all being manipulated and the true enemy is still the Sirens.
Nov 30, 2019 10:41 AM
May 2018
Did anyone see that part near the end when Shoukaku was unconscious in Zuikaku's arms, then suddenly turns her head really quickly with a really derpy expression? It looked so damn weird that I rewinded the episode to watch it again and just burst out laughing. Timestamp is around 20:36 if anyone wants to check it out.
Dec 1, 2019 1:24 AM

Oct 2008
damn! such a wonderful episode! i'm tearing-up a bit!
the moment that Javelin & Laffey saved AYANAMI!!!
5/5.

Dec 1, 2019 9:57 AM

Aug 2018
We eventually got to see the sirens who actually look hotter than other shipgirls. At this point, I kinda expect a sort of final battle against them, making both Azur Lane & Red Axis to forget their own conflicts for a greater purpose.

Good point that Ayanami made up her minds about her internal conflict (friends or foes ?), she was somehow rewarded by both her allies being saved but also discovering that Laffey & Javelin weren't just using words but could take some decisions to fulfill their will.

Dec 3, 2019 5:25 PM

Dec 2016
Art/animation was ugly as hell, seems like it gets worse every episode. The fight scene was better in terms of animation, but that definitely did not make up for the still shots of their hair when they were moving, the weird faces, and crap like Enterprise's hat randomly appearing back on her head. Also the plot has gotten nowhere and there's been very little explanation for anything. The characters are boring and one-dimensional, and they have even less personality than they do in the games, which makes no sense.

We need Bismarck to salvage this train wreck, she's our last hope.

What's the difference?
Dec 4, 2019 4:58 AM
Jan 2012
Seems like animation budget is kinda almost empty.
Dec 4, 2019 7:15 AM

Jan 2019
I'm so dumb that I think the broken thing at the sky was actually a player crushing his phone because he lost the game or smth
End me
Dec 4, 2019 10:20 PM

Mar 2018
All I want for christmas is to go one episode of this show without someone whining about bad animation because someone's hair wasn't moving to their satisfaction
Dec 5, 2019 10:03 PM

Oct 2017
Intense episode, proly my fav one so far. Good for Laffey and Javelin they managed to save Ayanami. Also nice Enterprise is back to normal.
Dec 12, 2019 5:07 AM

Jun 2017
Welp, the animation is kinda odd this episode, their faces are all messed up in a lot of ways that it's scary lol. Their hairs are motionless in some scenes, in some scenes it moves. Wew
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 1, 2020 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
What the fuck even happened in this episode?

I've understood absolutely zero percent of the plot and I literally care about none of the characters still.
Mar 16, 2020 9:32 PM

Jul 2016
OK episode. Action was decent enough but I'm still confused as fuck with some events.
Apr 8, 2020 11:05 AM

Aug 2018
Sad that Zuikaku and Shoukaku traveled to suicide mission pretty much..
Well, wouldn't want to see any ship girls dying really.. Akagi included.. Even if it is part of the war..
Apr 18, 2020 8:00 AM

Jul 2015
Nice fluid animation but also some inconsistencies, I wonder if Enterprise dark side is somehow related to being a Siren given their similiar eyecolor

Jun 3, 2020 4:26 AM
Jan 2018
Luckily the depry faces are fixed in the blruay version nothing new about the animation though which is sadly which dosnt get changed in the blurays.

So when people keep saying "I hope the animation is fixed in the Blu-ray" it won't it will just fix the art. And uncensor stuff
Mattinator95Jun 3, 2020 4:30 AM
Jul 29, 2020 11:53 AM

May 2015
Me sitting here like: "Can we just have cool yellow eyed Enterprise destroy everyone?" lol.

Enterprise in that state is the best. Seeing her just emotionlessly wreck them with ease was amusing as hell. Sadly like most of these cool states they dont last long at all and Im pretty sure this is the last we get of it.

Its kind of funny re-watching this when I know nothing bad actually happens so when they're taking things seriously Im just sitting here like: "Its waifus vs waifus, not that worried about deaths." Thats one thing I liked about Kantai Collection, death was a threat. Then again this is more chill with its jokes between teams while Kantai Collection is more serious.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 1, 2021 11:01 AM
Jan 2020
Can people actually follow the plot of this show? Maybe it makes more sense if you have played the game, but it seems pretty convoluted to me. There’s like a million characters that look pretty similar.
Apr 8, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
I love how this show takes itself so seriously, but the plot has literally zero stakes cos characters apparently can't die at all. And if Enterprise could shut the fuck up about war never changing, that would be great. Seriously, Enterprise, fuck off and let the more interesting characters (i.e. literally anyone else) have the limelight.
Jul 13, 2021 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Excellent animation in the last part, as you would get with Hironori Tanaka as the AD which is the only reason I watched this episode of an anime, I dropped 2 years ago. Just like the previous time, I still have no idea about the plot. Again, as expected, idiots have no idea that art and animation isn't the same thing and they keep confusing between them.
Oct 14, 2021 6:46 AM
Dec 2017
The animation has certainly stepped up in quality here.

Sep 15, 2022 12:00 PM
Sep 2022
supeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
Oct 13, 2022 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
Shoukaku is so perceptive. That's why she's one of the top waifus in Azur Lane for me.
Tester is a hottie!
Cool ep. Nice action from the Shoukaku sisters.
Humans are doomed into endless conflicts as long as they have free will. A system similar to the movie Equilibrium is what humans need for eternal peace.
I think the concept here is similar to the movie The Thirteenth Floor. The Sirens are just observing and gathering data from one of the many simulations they've created.
Apr 15, 2023 2:01 AM
Dec 2022
this Is one of my favorited episode, especially the great animation at the end where USS Laffey and HMS Javelin Save Ayanami. finally does 3 can become friends.
Dec 14, 2023 7:37 PM
Dec 2013
Beautifully animated episode, and best episode so far.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

133 by Lillie482311 »»
May 5, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

106 by KOningNoviPoes »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2019

96 by Heanworld »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

141 by reegooey »»
Aug 22, 2023 1:34 AM

» Character Arizona's voice actress Shirakabe Sawako doing Gravure Modeling

zxcvb321 - Aug 10, 2023

1 by Morty_NL »»
Aug 10, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.