Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2019 2:39 PM
Sep 2018
Cute litle sparrow must be protected at all cost
Jun 15, 2019 2:54 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was so jokes lmao. I miss our girl though.

Jun 15, 2019 3:14 PM

Jul 2017
I absolutely loved Zenitsu, one of the cutest characters ive seen in a long time i feel (him and the freaking sparrow😂), didnt expect him to be like that at all and Tanjiros disgust faces were hilarious.

Excited to finally see the boar guy! animation on him is flawless.

And its kinda funny Tajiro and Nezuko seem to be of the very few sane characters we got, the rest are completely crazy lmao.
Jun 15, 2019 3:28 PM

Jan 2017

Okay. Was it just me, or were these expressions just perfect; honestly though, this was a great episode.
Jun 15, 2019 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
Zenitsu, the token comedic relief character to distract you from how seriously fucked the world is in this series. His idiocy will someday save mankind.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 15, 2019 3:41 PM
Apr 2016
This anime seriously has a really really bizarre taste of humor. The orange haired guy was really annoying, like seriously annoying. Interesting new demon, he seems really powerful.
Jun 15, 2019 3:41 PM

Oct 2017
Can't wait for the reaction of that Zenitsu guy when he sees the best imouto of the season, lol :P

Boar guy seems cool.
Jun 15, 2019 3:42 PM

Aug 2016
I guess I'm in the minority but I thought Zenitsu was just fucking awful. I'm not sure why people find being as loud and obnoxious as possible funny. And that first victim could have been saved if they hadn't wasted time on his gross bullshit with that girl.
Jun 15, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2016
winddevil1 said:
"people who already hate the series will attack zenitsu for being annoying"

well sorry i was loving the series till now and through this episode i actually thought about dropping it LOL let's hope he gets a little better later

Agree 100%. I've been loving this show, but if he becomes a regular character on the show and keeps acting like this, I might seriously drop out.
Jun 15, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
I have an issue with OP and ED.
They are amazing, but also include spoilers.

Jun 15, 2019 3:56 PM
Dec 2017
Okay, I really loved this show, but the two new characters were despicably awful and annoying at first glance. Hopefully, there will be growth from them, otherwise, this show is losing a lot of maturity and seriousness.
Jun 15, 2019 3:59 PM
Dec 2017
DipsterHouchebag said:
I guess I'm in the minority but I thought Zenitsu was just fucking awful. I'm not sure why people find being as loud and obnoxious as possible funny. And that first victim could have been saved if they hadn't wasted time on his gross bullshit with that girl.

Yup... This was actually the first time that a single character destroyed a show for me, I couldn't watch it and enjoy it. Hopefully he calms the fuck down.
Jun 15, 2019 4:02 PM

Dec 2012
tidoesstuff said:

Okay. Was it just me, or were these expressions just perfect; honestly though, this was a great episode.

Yeah, Tanjiro's expressions were the best in this episode xD
Jun 15, 2019 4:02 PM
Jul 2015
Zenitsu better calm the fuck down soon or get way less screentime. He is incredibly annoying at the moment. I don't think I can stand much more of him if he stays like this. He was a big drag on this episode. His crying and screaming gets really tiring after like 10 seconds.
Some of the humour (also because of Zenitsu) in this was also massively misplaced, taking away any tension or seriousness it's supposed to have.
JakkoFourEyesJun 15, 2019 4:08 PM
Jun 15, 2019 4:12 PM
Mar 2017
Zenitsu made me laugh with his ridiculousness, normally I dislike the cowardly and annoying characters, but for some reason with this guy I could not hate him, his ridiculous faces and his exaggerated way of reacting made me laugh throughout the episode.

After that humiliating introduction where Tanjirou meets Zenitsu, they are both assigned to a new mission (for Tanjirou's bad luck).
Both find a house in the middle of the forest and nearby they find a boy and his little sister, both very terrified and they reveal that a devil lives in the house and kidnaps his older brother.
Zenitsu apparently is not as useless as he shows, like Tanjirou, he shows to have an excellent sense of hearing, but it's too late and a boy is thrown from the second floor and he dies in Tanjirou's arms, fortunately He isn't the elder brother of the little ones.
When Tanjirou decided to take action and take Zenitsu away he was too funny, Zenitsu was totally unnerved by the previous scene, but I wonder what face Tanjirou would have for that coward to change his mind?

When they entered the house there was an atmosphere of suspense really well made, but Zenitsu's cowardice ruined it, I laughed out loud at the faces he put when Tanjirou said he was still recovering from his previous battle.
The new demon has a skill that I like very much, the house is a kind of labyrinth that changes when the sound of the drum is heard.
Zenitsu in his desperation to run away finds the boy with the boar mask and obviously the ridiculous Zenitsu made me laugh for the stupid face he put, I feel sorry for the poor boy who has to be with Zenitsu.
Tanjirou discovers that the demon of the drums controls not only the change of rooms, but also the room can rotate, but in an instant the boy of the boar mask arrives at the room where Tanjirou is and apparently he is also a demon slayer.
Damn this episode seemed well balanced, I know that not everyone likes characters like Zenitsu, but being honest their stupidity and cowardice made me have a good time (and if I'm honest, I did not find him as annoying as Asta)
But now I just have to ask myself, what will Zenitsu's combat ability be? the opening shows a detail, but I want to see how he defends and saves the child (or maybe Tanjirou and boar mask do all the work), boar mask also caught my attention and I want to see if this guy will cooperated with Tanjirou to beat the demon of the drums.
The name of the next episode called my curiosity, what do they refer when they mention that Zenitsu is sleeping?
Jun 15, 2019 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
Ottes said:

Yeah, it's totally a comedy now with just one episode shifting the tone compared to the other ones, go drop the anime now.

Gottcha! No but seriously I'm holding the show on a 9 so far. But this episode seemed really out of space for me, like it could've been an OVA or filler.

Jun 15, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
Zenitsu is already the most annoying anime character this year, he takes that award with some nominations from this season's anime characters! If I was Tanjiro I would've left his ass, probably punched him a bit or spin kicked him.

This show should calm down on the tacky comedy, we get it you want to relieve the tension of the plot but PLEASE...
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 15, 2019 5:53 PM

Nov 2011
Introduction of one super awesome character and a straight up annoying AF character...I think we know who is who.

A lack of Nezuko this episode T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 15, 2019 6:25 PM

Sep 2017
Zenitsu sure is loud but it doesn't bother me that much, I think I already like him as a comic relief

It's nice to finally see the last main characters shown in the opening, the team is now complete !

Nice episode though, we also encountered the demon shown in the opening too, the following battle will be great

my only regret in this episode : not enough Nezuko. I need my weekly dose of cuteness delivered by Nezuko
Jun 15, 2019 6:26 PM

Jun 2015
I see lots of people are starting to hate Zenitsu for his personality. But I find him quite amusing to be honest. His character's purpose is to add funny element into this seemingly serious series and he has done enough. But let's see how everything goes once this arc is done.

Also, don't you ever forget...... PIG ASSAULT...!!!!!!!! Fuutarou had enough with the quints and decided to put a boar head skin onto his head and start yelling "pig assault" while.. well.. assaulting xD
YosepRAJun 15, 2019 6:30 PM
Jun 15, 2019 6:35 PM

Jan 2014
The new guy was annoying as hell. Hopefully this won't become a trend, tone it down.
Jun 15, 2019 7:03 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Zenitsu seems like a fun guy but I feel like his routine might get a little tiring after a while, let's wait and see. xD

Boar head dude was crazy awesome, looking forward to seeing more of him.
Jun 15, 2019 7:23 PM
Oct 2016
Weebover9000 said:
Jfs_ said:
he's the most favorite (#2) character of the series tho, based of the poll from the manga.

I'm not discussing popularity from manga readers, im discussing how hes presented to new fans at this current point in time

It's not because of poll and popularity bs. Zenitsu is one of the best written characters in the manga and hell pretty much all the key characters are very well written. This is a story where character just doesn't feel like they are being characters just for the sake of being characters. There's more to them and that's what separates this from any of typical shonen these days. Eventually you will see.
Jun 15, 2019 7:27 PM

Aug 2018
Zenitsu's behaviour & mentality really brings a wind of fresh air in this dark & bloody universe lol

He creates a huge contrast between him & Tanjiro, who's always ready to give a hand without turning back, ready to get hurt for someone else's sake. Despite the fact I ain't know who's the "boarhead fighter", he seems like a kind of slayer who goes all in at each fight, betting on strenght instead of thoughts. If it is true, they form an interesting trio ! Great thing additional characters were added.
Jun 15, 2019 7:31 PM
Apr 2014
Ngl they really exaggerate Zenitsu's annoyance. Props to the voice actor though

Too bad Inosuke's Pig Assault translated to... coming through. Sounds like a literal translation.
Jun 15, 2019 8:24 PM
Aug 2010
Dual wielding character voiced by Matsuoka, so this was SAO fourth season all along.
Jun 15, 2019 8:35 PM
Jun 2017
AAAAAHHH! INOSUKEEE!
Jun 15, 2019 8:46 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie. Zenitsu's VA did a pretty nice job at portraying his outbursts but Jesus, can somebody please shut him up? xD

Now seriously, I honestly found his pathetic attitude more annoying than funny but I guess it's a matter of tastes since the majority seem to like it. It's not really a big deal either but I hope he can calm down later on in the series.

That aside, it was an OK episode overall. Sadly, the comedy and its timing made it less enjoyable but at least, Inosuke's entrance made up for it in the end. He looks quite badass so I'm really looking forward to seeing him in action the next episode.
Jun 15, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
Inosuke here to lay down the pig assault! Kirito voice doesn't really suit him imo, but maybe I just need to hear him talk some more.

I knew Zenitsu complaints were gonna come.
ReaperCreeperJun 15, 2019 9:06 PM
Jun 15, 2019 9:25 PM
Jun 2019
It seem like most people already hate Zenitsu, haha.

Just reminding that the auther's greatest strength is writing character. Even you really hate them in the begining, but eventually you'll feel for them.
Jun 15, 2019 9:29 PM
Apr 2016
I wonder how people will react toward Inosuke next week.

Zenitsu's first impression isn't that good, is it? The guy is a complete mess, constantly whining and crying. Luckily, Tanjirou is there to give him that disdain look. Even that kid looked down on him.
To all people disliking Zenitsu, please don't pass judgement on him just yet. He will prove his worth soon enough. The three main boys complement each other nicely and make for an interesting group. Their character dynamic is probably one of the best things about this series.
Jun 15, 2019 9:36 PM

Dec 2016
Zenitsu is one funny fuck and pig head guy seems like he's gonna be a badass
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 15, 2019 9:52 PM
Sep 2016
The writing of the show, in general, is pretty mediocre but at least bearable..then came in the writer's attempts at being funny and overdoing what I think is supposed to be comedy even in scenes meant to be serious. Like really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really overdoing it...make it stop.
GUYS I"M SHOUTING WHICH MAKES THIS IS FUNNY RIGHT!!!!!!!! HAHA omeGAROFL ABGLFGHLBGFGLBGA!
JudoJDJun 15, 2019 9:56 PM
1.1.Six
Jun 15, 2019 9:55 PM
Oct 2017
We'll get to see Pig assault animated next week hopefully
Jun 15, 2019 9:59 PM

Mar 2019
Double feeling episode:

First Half: a pain in the ass with Zenitsu (not funny at all, just irritating).

Second Half: awesome 1 second long feeling episode with Inosuke. (waiting the Pig Assault animation)
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jun 15, 2019 10:07 PM

Dec 2014
nice to see other demn slayers from the opening...nice
Jun 15, 2019 10:18 PM
Mar 2015
The whiny guy is super annoying ,but Mr Pig is great
Jun 15, 2019 10:28 PM

Dec 2013
I really wanted to slap the blonde kid in this episode. At least Tanjiro's reactions to him were funny.
Jun 15, 2019 11:24 PM
Jan 2015
Can the crybaby just die? Please. I know it won't happen cause he has important character written all over him, but still.
My Queens

Jun 15, 2019 11:41 PM

Dec 2016
Kinda sad hat most viewer didn't pick up something more about Zenitsu character beside he been a crybaby. Watching those scene after already read the manga make me apprieciate Zenitsu character much more. If you think about it, despite fearing for his life, Zenitsu didn't quit the Demon Slayer coup and find another job, he followed Tanjirou into the monster mansion eventhough Tanjirou said he can stay outside if he too scare. He reminded me of Courage the Cowardly dog. Also think about it, his sensei wouldn't send him to the Final Selection if he didn't think Zenitsu could pass it.
Jun 15, 2019 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
I bet Shimono Hiro had a fun time voicing Agatsuma Zenitsu. I think many people might find him annoying or loud but while I read the manga, I found Hashibara Inosuke, the boar mask guy, to be more annoying to be honest. Zenitsu is my favorite for many reasons which I won't spoil. He's kind of like Shinpachi and Usopp rolled into one. He's an over-the-top "straight man" of the series. In reality, if we lived in a world with demons or monsters,most people would lose their minds.

As you can see from the omake in the ending and in the ED song visuals, Zenitsu is quite the womanizer. Don't write him off yet, though. Please watch the OP credits to see his potential. Some may think his crying and wailing are annoying but I think it's fucking hilarious. He acts like most real people would act in a bizarre situation as living in a world with demons.
臭い-
Jun 16, 2019 12:07 AM
Apr 2016
Zenitsu's got to have some sort of hidden power. That short clip in the OP has got me so interested in his character. And there's now way he was one of the FOUR PEOPLE out of like 30 or whatever to pass that test on accident. I refuse to believe that. He's got something, and I'm super excited to see it.
Jun 16, 2019 1:40 AM
Aug 2015
Zenitsu looked like a weird mix of Asta and Minetta lol.
I really like the monsters ability, as always.
Jun 16, 2019 1:45 AM

Mar 2019
My god Agatsuma was so incredibly annoying, my ears were bleeding. Hope he won't always be like that.

Dude gets thrown from the second floor covered in blood and the floor has blood splattered everwhere..
Tanjiro: are you alright? Bahaha yeah dude I'm sure he's feeling great.
Jun 16, 2019 1:52 AM
May 2013
the "comedy" in this show just consists of overacting, screaming, and inappropriately timed jabs - and Zenitsu is the epitome of it all. one of the worst character debuts in recent memory. every moment he opened his mouth was agony.

only thing that is keeping me watching at this point is the interesting demons they fight and their unique powers - unfortunately most of them are throwaway characters who die not soon after they appear.
rtilJun 16, 2019 1:57 AM
Jun 16, 2019 2:02 AM

Jun 2016
I am so Freaking annoy at zenitsu he is such moron and incredible annoying. Worst characters in recent memories. So inosuke show up didn t expect that. I wish they show at least giyuu or Kanao instead Zenitsu who just plain moron and fucking annoying.

Tanjirou and Nezuko are only interestings characters thus far along with Sakonji Zenitsu stink shit annoying and Inosuke.

Okay episode so far.

Zenitsu should be put at mob psycho instead of this series

I never thought zenitsu is this pathectic and annoying.
PrideRoyalIvyJun 16, 2019 2:13 AM

Jun 16, 2019 2:02 AM
Apr 2019
rtil said:
the "comedy" in this show just consists of overacting, screaming, and inappropriately timed jabs - and Zenitsu is the epitome of it all. one of the worst character debuts in recent memory. every moment he opened his mouth was agony.

only thing that is keeping me watching at this point is the interesting demons they fight and their unique powers - unfortunately most of them are throwaway characters who die not soon after they appear.

Yep, typical monster of the week progression. No backstory, no buildup.
Jun 16, 2019 2:10 AM

May 2019
Zenitsu gave me really good first impressions, his character juxtaposes with Tanjiro's really well. I think that Zenitsu has a lot of potential for a character arc in the future, although he will have to develop another defining trait if the writers are going to alleviate his cowardice. This ep was really character driven, and it worked really well as a buffer ep between the plot-heavy episodes that we just finished.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jun 16, 2019 2:23 AM

May 2015
Zenitsu - just let him die quick. PLease.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 16, 2019 3:31 AM
Aug 2017
Ten said:
This was annoying as fuck! Too much unnecessary humour and screaming. And that's right after the two episodes I really disliked.

Tempted to drop at this point. I heard there's supposed to be a better arc later on and cool characters, but if it's anything like this episode, I don't care.

DipsterHouchebag said:
winddevil1 said:
"people who already hate the series will attack zenitsu for being annoying"

well sorry i was loving the series till now and through this episode i actually thought about dropping it LOL let's hope he gets a little better later

Agree 100%. I've been loving this show, but if he becomes a regular character on the show and keeps acting like this, I might seriously drop out.

Then you should drop this. Zenitsu is one of the main characters and the comedy will only go up.
Himawari9Jun 16, 2019 3:37 AM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.