Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2019 10:27 AM
Mar 2019
The best of the season for me.

Kaguya and Shirogane still couldn't confess to each other in the end.

Perhaps in another season maybe. PLEASE BRING IT.
Mar 30, 2019 10:30 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Sad that no sequel announcement at the end :(

10/10, AotS for me.

P.S. So glad that the series is not getting hated upon by the reviewers.
cchiguMar 30, 2019 10:35 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 30, 2019 10:31 AM
Feb 2019
GoldenDevilGamer said:
But can we get a shout-out to the real MVP, driver-san!

Trivia: That driver is J Suzuki of the four Ramen Emperors, mentioned in the ramen chapter.
Mar 30, 2019 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Great series,great adaptation.Really loved the fireworks part.This series really touched my heart.Loved every character in this series.

I give this show 9/10.This is probabaly the best anime in this season,definitely my AOTS.Also hints for the second season.

Mar 30, 2019 10:32 AM

Mar 2018
If in the ending scenes they showed the glasses girl and the shorty one (can't remember their names) I think there may be a second season...

WE NEED THAT S2
Mar 30, 2019 10:35 AM
Apr 2018
When She Tells
Dakedo Daijobu That Part was Seriously Heart Touching man.
Emotions were Overflowing.
Those all were overcovered With Next scenes though.
Fantastic Ending I say.
A Master Piece 10/10. Loved it.
Already Watched the same episode 3 times.
Mar 30, 2019 10:36 AM
Mar 2019
AOTS , without a doubt.

I've read the manga and all I can say is that they've done a really spectacular job of adapting from it. I loved watching every single episode of this anime , as it never failed to make me laugh. I really hope , with all my heart , that it gets a second season . 10/10.
Mar 30, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2017
Boo why do they have to end it like that. These friggin mangakas and their stupid tsuderes. You'd think just this once they'd let the characters act like normal humans and say thank you. I'm fine with first making it into a gag with the airplanes, but at the end just let Kaguya say thank you. But they pull some bs instead. Give me a break. They had good resolution to the sleeping in bed incident so after something so much more impactful you'd they give us something more than a stupid gag. I wish they just ended on the fireworks. I'm sorry this kind of thing really takes the piss out of me.

For the most part I thoroughly enjoyed the series and the fireworks stuff was great, so I'm going to take a breather and not let that dumb shit ruin my rating and enjoyment.
Mar 30, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2017
Folt said:

Trivia: That driver is J Suzuki of the four Ramen Emperors, mentioned in the ramen chapter.

lol, for real. i haven't noticed that. that's a good trivia. nicely done spotting it

Mar 30, 2019 10:37 AM

Apr 2018
Anime rule 101- Every slice of life school anime must have a fireworks scene.
But this anime is very good a solid 8/10 from me. The highest I rated this season's anime.
Mar 30, 2019 10:38 AM
Apr 2014
Was that a Initial D reference with the Taxi Driver ha.
You can tell that a lot of passion and care was put into this adaptation by the staff. and the source material is really solid, 9/10. I hope it does well and gets a second season.
Mar 30, 2019 10:38 AM

Nov 2010
Great series! 9/10
Mar 30, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
Lovely episode. I really felt for Kaguya in the beginning, but I'm glad she managed to see or not the fireworks with her friends.

I was laughing so hard in the Shirogane cringe compilation montage, that was hilarious. I have been in the same situation, looking back at many embarassing things I've said or done and wanting to die LOL

I feel like the transition from the fireworks festival to the new school term was a bit too abrupt, but it's all right. I really loved every second of this show, so I will start with the manga from the beginning, and hope that s2 will be announced at some point <3
Mar 30, 2019 10:41 AM

Sep 2015
The first half was outstanding, this show made me like these characters so much that I felt really invested. I felt so sad for Kaguya and I litteraly cheered in front of my screen when she was found by Shirogane. That scene with the fireworks was really beautiful to see and as usual the direction was on point !

Definitely one of the best Romcom I've ever seen, I was hooked since ep1 and impatiently waited for the new episode each week. AOTS by far to me and a solid 9/10
Mar 30, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2018
Probably one of the better romcom anime I've seen so far.

Oh you didn't felt any emotions during this anime?

How cute.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 30, 2019 10:43 AM

Feb 2018
Everything in this series was amazing and then, the last episode – it was NUTS.

This was, for me, the best anime of this season.

10/10
Mar 30, 2019 10:55 AM

Sep 2017
One of the easiest 10/10s I've ever given, AOTS, very high chance of AOTY, holy hell.
Mar 30, 2019 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
Overall rather boring and predictable, sure some few bits and pieces in some of the eps where funny and worth a little he,he,he .. , also the production was great but still i couldn't help be bored of it most of the time, the last two eps that i just finished watching was lackluster to say the least, yawn! 7/10
Also never mind a second season, when will the first season of the standalone 'Chika Fujiwara' show start? ..because i rather watch that! :D
ClickNotMar 30, 2019 10:58 AM
Mar 30, 2019 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
Anzu Hasakaya took one for the team after getting Kaguya out of the house. MVP for the episode besides taxi driver. Her dance at the end credits was cute.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 30, 2019 11:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kaguya sure looks nice in a kimono. Though too bad that her status prevents her from going. Hayasaka's assessment of Kaguya's plight sure was interesting. Kaguya's motivation for wanting to go to see the fireworks together sure was warm. Though she missed the ones at the festival it was hearwarming to see her friends work so hard to get her the opportunity to watch another elsewhere. Thankfully they made it. Miyuki's despair of what he said back then sure was amusing. Nice return to form with their attempts to reconnect with each other though. An excellent last ep that combined well the tension and heartwarming aspect of the fireworks quest with the amusing return to their normal antic with the new school term. The ending visuals also did well in featuring all of the characters that were featured as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2019 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
A lot of people seem to like it, but it was just a decent show for me. It was funny sometimes, but I was tired by the formulaic approach and annoyed by the childish behaviours from the two main characters. 6/10
Mar 30, 2019 11:04 AM

Nov 2007

Anime fans: If you guys are wondering, the above two are the Shuchiin Academy Discipline Committee's Osaragi Kobachi (Left) and Iino Miko (Right), the latter is one of the main characters of the manga.

Manga fans: Imagine Iino getting furious at the Student Council members for running down the hallway when they should be the role models and Osaragi trying to calm her down, haha!

During that part I almost thought Koyasu-senpai and Onodera would make their cameos, too! They should not tease us like that!

In any case, those who plan to pick up this fun manga just know that "I Can't Hear The Fireworks" is the beginning of many more outstanding chapters/arcs in the manga that are simply must reads for any avid manga reader! I hope you guys have fun!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 30, 2019 11:04 AM
Oct 2015
When someone says "chika", you better ignore their opinions. Because 90% of them will destroy your happiness, like Chika. They can't read the atmosphere too, yeah like chika
Mar 30, 2019 11:11 AM

Jan 2017
Second best of the season after Mob Psycho 100, and that's a lot considering that Mob is probably one of my favourite anime ever and that this season also has Dororo.
Unless we get a season 2 announcement soon, I'm going to read the manga. The last time a romance manage to get me so emotional while also making me laugh every episode was a long time ago with Ouran High School Host Club.
*laughs in Dimple*
Mar 30, 2019 11:19 AM
Jun 2016
Great ending episode! Heart beating so loud you can't hear the fireworks, that's romantic as all hell. I do think the emotions of this episode were pretty hard to carry, as this show up to this point has been very comedy focused barring about half of last episode and this one. Even so the payoff of Kaguya getting to finally do something with her friends, and the person she perhaps cares about most working so hard to make it happen was really beautiful to watch. I'm pretty worried it won't get a second season, because overall I feel like they played it as a "go read the manga!" ending. I do like that they showed us a glimpse of
I'm honestly praying for it, there's a good amount of material and the manga really builds up a lot of stuff after the ending here. Please A-1, Aka Akasaka, make it happen!! I'll be here waiting.
Mar 30, 2019 11:22 AM

Jan 2017
One of the best romcom IN YEARS!
10/10

Need Saison 2 ASAP!
Mar 30, 2019 11:23 AM

May 2015
I'm so glad my favourite manga got such a wonderful adaptation. Everything was done so well and it felt like the staff were putting a lot of heart into it.

Overall, I give it a 9/10. Mainly because I still prefer the manga and I have that as a 10/10.

For the love of god, please give us a second season. There's definitely enough material to make one, and there's still some important characters left to be introduced (like Miko Iino who got a little cameo at the end). If Takagi-san can get a second season which follows the same formatting, I don't see why this can't. (I mean, apart from it being different studios and whatnot...)

♡ artist
サコ
Mar 30, 2019 11:29 AM
Feb 2019
Mar 30, 2019 11:41 AM

Jan 2008
BallisticRiot said:
I mean these 12 episodes are up to Chapter 45 in the manga and there is currently 143 chapters. Im up to date and all I can say is that, personally, not only was the part the anime covered a 10/10, but the entire manga at this point is a 10/10. The story only gets funnier, makes you love the characters even more, and pushes the boundaries of your expectations.

It would be a shame if season 2 doesn't get announced soon!

Especially with over 140 chapters, it'd definitely be a major shame. I really want a second season. This was really good. And fun too.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 30, 2019 11:43 AM
Jul 2016
I don't watch many rom-coms and SOL shows but Kaguya is definitely in the top 3. Only beaten by Clannad and Melancholy of Haruhi.

The show is very good and the quality never plunders. It's by far the most consistent anime I've watched in a while. I recommend it to anyone, even if you're not a fan of rom-coms and SOL anime. It's a perfect gateway anime to the SOL genre. Also i got a lot of laughs out of it but comedy is subjective so i can't say if anyone will be amused as much as i was.

Kaguya is a pure 9/10.
Mar 30, 2019 11:44 AM
Jan 2015
Was really hoping for a season 2 announcement at the end cause Kaguya-sama only gets better from this point on. Anyways, what a amazing adaptation, it even surpassed the manga at certain points.
My Queens

Mar 30, 2019 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
oh, man. really sad to see this one go. i loved it so much.
the entire fireworks scene was so precious. especially when shinomiya couldn't look away from shirogane. so, so cute!

also, shirogane cringing over his own past words is very, very relatable.

9/10. ishigami was the man.
hopefully we'll get a second season!
Mar 30, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2017
Very heartwarming anime even for someone like me,who doesn't like romance.
It was something new and special and now that's it's over all I do is hope for a sequel.

Seriously, there aren't many anime I haved loved this much!

Adored the characters, beautiful and interesting artstlye and comedy.

I don't give 10s but for me it's at least a 9/10.

At the first glance of the cover it didn't seem to be much of interest, boy was I wrong.
Glad to have picked it up :)
Mar 30, 2019 11:57 AM

Jan 2016
I'm so happy that of all the mangas out there, one of my all-time favorites got one of the best anime adaptations I've ever seen. The love that A-1 put into this is mind-boggling, I haven't seen a studio produce a show with so much love since David Production started doing JoJo.

A very easy 10/10, one of the better animes I've seen in terms of production, quality, characters, music, animation, directing. I could go on but I think I've gotten my point across

Also, GO AND READ THE MANGA. It's after this (chapter 45) that it becomes even better
Mar 30, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2017
Man, if it weren't for Mob Psycho, this woud be my top show of the season. An excellent romcom with outstanding visual comedy, and the situations the characters were put in were very interesting and unpredictable. A simple premise of two tsunderes trying to get the other to declare their love taken to a remarkable high that made me appreciate a genre of fiction I normally despise. I would have liked a bit more development on how the two met, but this was really good nonetheless. I want a Season 2!

8/10
miguitronikMar 30, 2019 12:09 PM
Mar 30, 2019 12:05 PM
Nov 2018
Well, if you told me after the first 2 episodes that I'd give it a 9/10 I wouldn't believe you. Amazing comedy, over the top yet self-aware, interesting characters with fascinating personalities and staff having loads of fun making this show. It (temporarily I suppose, as when I'll watch second season of 3-gatsu it will be higher as a franchise) lands on spot #10 of my all-time list. Fingers crossed for another season!
Mar 30, 2019 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
finally got to watching the ep, they did a fantastic job with the fireworks arc, really captured the emotion of it and sold it.

I dont expect a s2, which is a damn shame cause this season mostly adapted the weakest parts of the series before it starts to expand what its capable of especially since theres a far wider supporting cast and way more dramatic moments like this episode, and thats all in addition to the character development and continuity and all that good stuff that makes the status quo change as a proper pace as to not get stale, alot happened in the 100 chapters that arent adapted and at a way faster pace than the stuff covered so far. So even if I dont expect one im hoping im wrong and we do get one. Plus miko needs her damn screentime, it feels weird seeing all this fanart of the main cast with her missing just cause she wasnt in the anime. The fact she at least gets a cameo makes me slightly more hopeful for a possible s2 but I think if it doesnt get announced in the next couple months its probably not gonna happen.

Major props to the voice actors of this series, all of them are pretty much up and comers but they all killed it especially kaguya's voice actress.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 30, 2019 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly i hated the first episode but kept watching for because my Saturdays were pretty empty. Glad I did,even in just episode 2 it was a lot more fun and is easily one of my favorites of the genre now
Mar 30, 2019 12:15 PM
Jan 2019
I can relate to the President so much, saying something you thought was cool at the moment, but looking back and cringing. Usually though, no one pays attention to you more than yourself when remembering embarassing moments. People pay attention to their own mistakes more than anyone else. Anyway, I don't like how neither confessed their love, but I still liked the ending. No one said it, but it was implied. I love how the whole school followed them. Great series 9/10. I loved everything, the voice acting, the humor, the setting, it was all so enjoyable. Good show, would recommend. I would've liked a better ending though
Mar 30, 2019 12:15 PM

Mar 2013
Great series. Although I don't think the finale was that special - felt like such a standard romcom drama situation. But, regardless, this was a lot of fun. The comedy was the best part of the show in the end, and how they animated it. Oh yea and the VAs were fucking phenomenal.

8/10
Mar 30, 2019 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
They did a great job with this one.
:)
Mar 30, 2019 12:28 PM

Apr 2017
Really loved this show, I was disappointed by the first episode as I saw the main characters as just annoyingly stuck up and snobbish, and wasn't sure I was prepared for 11 more eps of "Ha! In your face!" with a romantic twist. However, even by ep. 2 my mind was already changed. There were some really unexpected jokes, great visual humor, and the characters ended up as a lot warmer than I feared. I was surprised how emotional this last episode made me. However, with the way things ended, I'll be real disappointed if there's no S2.
Mar 30, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2018
WHAT THE FUCK IS THE KIND OF ENDING IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 2019 12:37 PM

Aug 2017
sasalx said:
Great VAs.
Great animation.
Great adaptation.

Truly I can only ask S2 as a manga reader. Such an enjoyable ride it was...

Don't forget the checkout /a reaction video. Chapter 45 live page by page translation.

Thanks for the link!
Mar 30, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2018
Good finale 9/10 for this from me
Mar 30, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2017
This is one of the best anime of all time. Holy shit, did not expect this from episode 1.
Mar 30, 2019 12:47 PM

Jun 2017
Prog_upworks13 said:
Hands down probably best A1 work since Shinsekai Yori. Really a masterful adaptation. But what makes me sad we probably will never get a s2 😪😪😪

Anyone mentioning Shinsekai Yori in a positive note deserves respect
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Mar 30, 2019 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Chika/10
Anime
nothing special 7/10

Mar 30, 2019 12:56 PM
Feb 2017
I love this show, it made me laugh every single episode and put a smile on my face. Hopefully, we get a second season of this soon.

Between this and Mob II, they're both AOTS. I'm really rooting for this show but Mob II is also really good.
Mar 30, 2019 1:01 PM

May 2009
It's the first romcom I gave a 10/10, everything was so beautiful

I love Shirogane
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WE GOT A WIN TODAY!!!!

TwigzLIVE - May 5

27 by Fluffygreygrass »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

12 by Aruhaya »»
May 20, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

198 by Mikasaaaa234 »»
May 17, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.