Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah its popular so it gets hate for obvious reasons. But its not giving the hater the satisfaction with their whining bcuz its popular and strong so bring the salt.

Jan 5, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2018
WaifuMaster17 said:
SAO have forgivable flaws that i can left out because anime charmed me so much with it's own unique style,waifus,music,romance and action. It's does have flaws,but it's not boring as f*ck and it's one of most enjoyable anime out there if you ignore flaws just like me.

Can you ignore or forgive the paralysis from the dev logic flaw then? The time Kirito breaks free from the dev's stun in Aincrad.

To answer your Q, don't think there's anything that matches SAO hate.
Jan 5, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2009
Probably not as much as I hate harems, but it's in the conversation along with School Days, Elfen Lied, Mars of Destruction, Boku no Pico, et cetera, et cetera.

Jan 5, 2019 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
SAO gets hate because it's a lazy light novel adaptation. The series has no, and yes I mean no as in not a single one, fleshed out characters. The plot is solid through the first arc, but it never recovers when they leave Aincrad. It's simply an ugly lifeless show, that managed to gain popularity not based on its quality but its premise. It's also at least partially to blame for the Isekai hell we're all forced to live in during the 2019th year of our Lord.

A better writer and director could have taken the premise of SAO and made a solid series. They didn't have a better writer or director, so instead we have a bad LN series being lazily adapted.

If the disdain for SAO honestly chaps your ass, I'm sorry. You certainly have the right to watch and enjoy bad anime. You're even allowed to go on a forum and say that perfectly legitimate criticisms aren't valid, because you think they're silly. However, I dare say that based on your list, and the ratings people will find there, I'm fairly certain that you're going to find it difficult to relate with the larger anime community in any significant way. Because believe it or not, most people who dislike these series have better reasoning than, "It has good waifus".
Jan 5, 2019 4:53 PM
Jan 2018
chriskor022 said:
TodAboT said:
Oh, man.
Another person that doesn't understand the criticisms of why SAO is bad and thinks the community is being brainwashed.
yes its unfair so STFU. And your are a close minded user that uses alt.

Oh, another person that thinks this.
Calling people close-minded because they don't like a japanese cartoon is very ironic.
Alt account? The heck? Which would be my real account?
"your are"
Jan 5, 2019 5:14 PM

Jul 2016
TodAboT said:
chriskor022 said:
yes its unfair so STFU. And your are a close minded user that uses alt.

Calling people close-minded because they don't like a japanese cartoon is very ironic.
"your are"
so calling jap cartoon is now a thing? And yes you are close minded with a little understanding in how the anime works and im sure you are alt bcuz you are active mostly when SAO stuff so STFU.

Jan 5, 2019 5:15 PM

Jul 2016
yuccasnpk said:
WaifuMaster17 said:
SAO have forgivable flaws that i can left out because anime charmed me so much with it's own unique style,waifus,music,romance and action. It's does have flaws,but it's not boring as f*ck and it's one of most enjoyable anime out there if you ignore flaws just like me.

Can you ignore or forgive the paralysis from the dev logic flaw then? The time Kirito breaks free from the dev's stun in Aincrad.

so that is the reason of SAO hate what a stupid reason.

Jan 5, 2019 5:25 PM
Jan 2018
chriskor022 said:
yuccasnpk said:

So they hate a show for having flaws?
WHAT a S T U P I D REASON!!!
TodAboTJan 5, 2019 5:32 PM
Jan 5, 2019 5:28 PM

Aug 2017
Fairy Tail. It sucks. Overrated. At least the manga is over.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 5, 2019 5:31 PM
Jan 2018
chriskor022 said:
TodAboT said:

"your are"
so calling jap cartoon is now a thing? And yes you are close minded with a little understanding in how the anime works and im sure you are alt bcuz you are active mostly when SAO stuff so STFU.

I mean, anime is japanese cartoons. No point in getting offended over that.
I know how the anime works. That's why I call it stupid.
I'm an alt account because you've only seen me in SAO threads? How about every single other thread I commented on today?
Jan 5, 2019 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
TodAboT said:
chriskor022 said:

I'm an alt account because you've only seen me in SAO threads? How about every single other thread I commented on today?
oh please stop with that sarcastic skit. You are a user that create for sole reason to shitpost on many SAO THREAD, so STFU.

Jan 5, 2019 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
TodAboT said:
chriskor022 said:

no STUPID reason for nitpicking. Its not SAO is the flawless either so it has flaws like other anime. And its okay to criticize but its hate is unfair to the series itself. And STFU.

Jan 5, 2019 5:42 PM

Mar 2017
"Your Name" seems to have more than its share of haters.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jan 5, 2019 5:42 PM
Jan 2018
chriskor022 said:
TodAboT said:

oh please stop with that sarcastic skit. You are a user that create for sole reason to shitpost on many SAO THREAD, so STFU.

Whay are you getting angry?
Why are you accusing me of things?
What sarcastic skit? Da fuq?
I commented on the Pancreas thread and the TG thread...
God, you are annoying.
Typing STFU every time you comment is complete cringe.
TodAboTJan 5, 2019 6:01 PM
Jan 5, 2019 5:49 PM

Feb 2017
Mirai Nikki the only one coming to me rn
Jan 5, 2019 5:51 PM
Jan 2018
chriskor022 said:
TodAboT said:

no STUPID reason for nitpicking. Its not SAO is the flawless either so it has flaws like other anime. And its okay to criticize but its hate is unfair to the series itself. And STFU.

So crticizing the thing that they were building up from the first arc completely is nitpicking? Sure.
Jan 5, 2019 5:51 PM

Dec 2012
The hatred stems more from jealousy of Kirito, really. He's basically the nice guy James Bond of 21st century anime. Every guy wants to be him and every girl wants to call him onii-chan.
Jan 5, 2019 5:58 PM
Jan 2018
Bayek said:
The hatred stems more from jealousy of Kirito, really. He's basically the nice guy James Bond of 21st century anime. Every guy wants to be him and every girl wants to call him onii-chan.

But James Bond wasn't a Gary Stu.
And he didn't asspull out of problems either.
Jan 5, 2019 6:10 PM

Jul 2016
TodAboT said:
chriskor022 said:

So crticizing the thing that they were building up from the first arc completely is nitpicking? Sure.
coming from you sure its nitpicking. I see some sensible hater than you with how they hate the show and give it a shot. Not some random kid with alt account that they create for sole purpose to shitpost thread. And thats all, its difficult to argue with close minden user.

Jan 5, 2019 6:13 PM
Jan 2018
chriskor022 said:
TodAboT said:

coming from you sure its nitpicking. I see some sensible hater than you with how they hate the show and give it a shot. Not some random kid with alt account that they create for sole purpose to shitpost thread. And thats all, its difficult to argue with close minden user.

Just stop repeating yourself. You are not making points, you are just mindlessly attacking me.
"Coming from you it's nitpicking". So if another person made the same point it wouldn't be nitpicking?
Man, just make some actual points.
Jan 5, 2019 6:15 PM

Apr 2013
Evangelion is my guess, though the reasons for hating it is different than SAO's and is more toward the creators themselves. And at least Reki Kawahara and A-1 Pictures haven't been sent death threats over SAO like Ganiax and Hideaki.
Jan 5, 2019 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
TodAboT said:
Bayek said:

Naw, even Gary wishes he could be like Kirito. Dude is just mad chill and nothing can faze him.
Jan 5, 2019 6:18 PM
Jan 2018
Bayek said:
TodAboT said:

Naw, even Gary wishes he could be like Kirito. Dude is just mad chill and nothing can faze him.

Oh, it's just a troll comment.
Dammit, I fell for it.
Nice one.
Jan 5, 2019 6:20 PM
Sep 2017
I don´t hate SAO i start watching anime cause of SAO
Jan 5, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2017
wildhood said:
Black Clover, Darling in the FranXX, and maybe Akame ga Kill too.

Ekin-Cicek said:
probably school days, darling in the franx, black clover and boku no pico.

F-ing finally some people is finally understanding me, the hate that Darling in the Franxx receives is the second most insane hate that I have ever seen in my life, that there were problems with the ending? Yes. That there were some radical snowflake Zero Two fans that wanted attention sending death threads towards Kana Ichinose for something she never had control? Yes. But this insane amount of hate that DarliFra receives is completely ridiculous, they've literally trashed a series in front of my eyes.

In a sense, that's why I have a soft spot towards Sword Art Online, because, as a DitF fan, I feel some kind of sympathy for the outrageous amount of hate our series receive. And SAO has even more problems than Darling...

Back to OP, there's also a new sprout of hate towards Bunny Girl Senpai which unsurprisingly is considered "the carbon copy of Bakemonogatari." Where did I hear this? Oh, yeah, when they destroyed Darling in the Franxx for being a "carbon copy of Evangelion and Gurren Lagann"...
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 5, 2019 6:33 PM

Dec 2016
Elfen Lied takes the cake.

I'm just wondering if that would've been the case hadn't it got popular. Probably no-one would care and the anime fandom would have thrown their darts to something else.
Jan 5, 2019 6:40 PM

Apr 2012
Imagine being a DitF fan in the 2019th year of our Lord
Jan 5, 2019 6:43 PM

Oct 2017
MysticGoose said:
Imagine being a DitF fan in the 2019th year of our Lord

Did you call me? What's the problem?
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Nov 2011
Re:Zero probably.

People loves to hate on popular isekai especially when it's edgy.

Jan 5, 2019 9:02 PM

Jan 2018
No other anime has been unfairly treated like SAO
Jan 5, 2019 9:06 PM
Jan 2019
AshitaNoJonas said:
Fairy Tail and Elfen Lied I guess...
Fairy tail is great! What are u talking about
Jan 5, 2019 10:25 PM

Nov 2017
It's hard to say cause this anime really does get a lot hate(and love).

Maybe Boruto? A lot of people don't like this currently.
ロード中です...

Jan 5, 2019 10:27 PM

Jan 2017
Nurguburu said:
Fairy Tail. It sucks. Overrated. At least the manga is over.

I agree that Fairy Tail gets as much flak as SAO, but I am unsure the reasons why.
Jan 6, 2019 1:41 AM

May 2017
alshu said:

PS
By the way only one good waifu, the action was watcheable but I don't see the "badass" part, the romance was forced and the music was forgettable.

I don't care,that is your personal opinion.

WaifuMaster17Jan 6, 2019 1:54 AM
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Jan 6, 2019 1:51 AM

May 2017
yuccasnpk said:
WaifuMaster17 said:

Well about that,in SAO'S VRMMORPG'S,players can have Outside System Skill

Outside System Skill
is an ability, usually referred to as a skill, that either involves unconventional use of system-controlled skills, the exploitation of loopholes in the system, or the use of the player's human abilities to enhance their gameplay. Although such abilities are referred to as "skills", none are regulated by the system, though some involve making use of system skills in ways that were not intended by the developers of the game. These skills are developed through a player's capability in game and are acquired through experience and practice put in by the player themselves throughout playing time.

Kirito have couple of non-system skills that probably allowed him to get rid of paralysis and it's probably one of reasons why Kirito managed to defeat Heathcliff or because Asuna's sword had hidden effect
Jan 6, 2019 2:00 AM

Sep 2011
Not sure if you're pretty much outdated, OP.

School Days was the most hated series before SAO hate became a thing.

Jan 6, 2019 2:13 AM
Apr 2018
YKSY said:
lavienker said:
maybe my hero academia although I love it

You can't be serious, MHA isn't hated that much.

It’s not hated as much but it is garbage like attack on titan, gintama and one punch man
Jan 6, 2019 2:14 AM
Jan 2018
WaifuMaster17 said:
yuccasnpk said:

Outside System Skill
is an ability, usually referred to as a skill, that either involves unconventional use of system-controlled skills, the exploitation of loopholes in the system, or the use of the player's human abilities to enhance their gameplay. Although such abilities are referred to as "skills", none are regulated by the system, though some involve making use of system skills in ways that were not intended by the developers of the game. These skills are developed through a player's capability in game and are acquired through experience and practice put in by the player themselves throughout playing time.

Kirito have couple of non-system skills that probably allowed him to get rid of paralysis and it's probably one of reasons why Kirito managed to defeat Heathcliff or because Asuna's sword had hidden effect

Was this explained in the show? No?
If the character gets out a situation by something that wasn't explained in the show,that's an asspull.
Jan 6, 2019 2:28 AM
Aug 2018
I didn't know sao was hated so much I thought it was ace
Jan 6, 2019 2:35 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
From when I started watching anime actively (2013), SAO was really the biggest one that had a lot of hate/love comments that went on for aaaagggeeess. I haven't seen anything as badly hated since.

Black clover was pretty hated on release but I've heard it's actually ok now, but I haven't watched it myself so I can't judge.
Jan 6, 2019 2:56 AM

May 2017
TodAboT said:
WaifuMaster17 said:

Outside System Skill

Was this explained in the show? No?
If the character gets out a situation by something that wasn't explained in the show,that's an asspull.

Well,it's technically true that it's stupid that anime does not explain why some characters get out of some situations of other stuff.
Check out Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei light novels,for example.
Light novels explain what is CAD and what it's means,how magic works,why some characters have different types of magic,why Tatsuya is emotionless and powerful and they did not skip anything.
Anime adaptation has not great as light novels,they did not explain how magic works,they skipped 5th volume for no reason,Tatsuya's art looks generic in anime and they do not explain anything fully what they explained in light novels.
Overall,Mahouka anime have mistakes,but at least it's enjoyable because of mai waifu Miyuki and Erika and Opening song. Light novels are better and not bad as anime.
As for SAO light novels,i do not know did they explain character's powers or what mistakes they made because i haven't read light novels yet because they are hard to find digitally and i have to buy them psychically. If i read light novels,i can explain does SAO Anime series have same mistakes as Mahouka.
Jan 6, 2019 3:03 AM

Jul 2017
WaifuMaster17 said:
Congintive said:
I think School days is way more hated than sao.

Nice to know,but School Days is really bad,i need list of anime hated as SAO,hated because of stupid and trivial reasons,not anime hated because of solid reasons
well it's gonna be hard cause you still don't have any anime in that list :/ (because SAO isn't hated for trivial reasons so it doesn't count right)
Jan 6, 2019 3:09 AM

May 2017
Zehennagel said:
WaifuMaster17 said:

Nice to know,but School Days is really bad,i need list of anime hated as SAO,hated because of stupid and trivial reasons,not anime hated because of solid reasons
well it's gonna be hard cause you still don't have any anime in that list :/ (because SAO isn't hated for trivial reasons so it doesn't count right)

Watch Mars of Destruction and Pupa,which deserve more hate than SAO and you will see what i mean by stupid and trivial reasons.
Jan 6, 2019 3:52 AM

Feb 2015
nickhartung said:
AshitaNoJonas said:

-Non-sensical fights
-characters without personality
-barely any plot
-borderline porn

Yeah, totally great.

Also this wasn't about if you like the show or not, it's about how hated it is by the community as a whole. Just read the reviews on FT's page and you know what I mean.
Jan 6, 2019 3:55 AM

Sep 2017
Woah. Every degree of hate encompassed many anime...so I don't know. I didn't even know it has 'that' many hate. It would guess it isn't that bad

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Jan 6, 2019 4:25 AM

May 2017
[quote=AshitaNoJonas message=56657083]
nickhartung said:
AshitaNoJonas said:

-Non-sensical fights
-barely any plot
-borderline porn

That's your opinion and you are wrong.

Jan 6, 2019 4:54 AM
Jan 2018
WaifuMaster17 said:
AshitaNoJonas said:

-Non-sensical fights
-barely any plot
-borderline porn

That's your opinion and you are wrong.

I don't get how he's wrong though.
The things he mentioned are accurate.
Jan 6, 2019 5:12 AM

May 2018
WaifuMaster17 said:

My liking or disliking of SAO is not that important.
The important thing is that you are missing the point here: you can't force to people your perception of SAO while calling them stupid...and this is fact.

WaifuMaster17 said:

Outside System Skill

Also called The Pull Out Of Your Ass Deus Ex Machina System

Never explained in the anime tho.
alshuJan 6, 2019 5:18 AM
Jan 6, 2019 5:39 AM

May 2017
alshu said:
WaifuMaster17 said:

My liking or disliking of SAO is not that important.
The important thing is that you are missing the point here: you can't force to people your perception of SAO while calling them stupid...and this is fact.

WaifuMaster17 said:

Outside System Skill

Also called The Pull Out Of Your Ass Deus Ex Machina System

Never explained in the anime tho.

I Don't care because people like you focus too much on bad side and always think negatively.
Jan 6, 2019 7:50 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Black Clover probably. But now everyone wants to sing the praise of how it's okay to be mediocre.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How accurate is your country and countrymen portrayed in Anime?

Dragevard - 8 minutes ago

2 by Daviljoe193 »»
23 seconds ago

» Simping for anime/manga creators. Do you do it? How do you do it?

Catalano - May 14

15 by AzafuseKingTora »»
52 seconds ago

Poll: » How dominant is anime in the content you consume?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

33 by El_Psy_Koongro »»
7 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1022 by PeanutPiano »»
13 minutes ago

» Binging a series or watching over a period of time

Goblingaming - 5 hours ago

19 by Dauphine »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.