Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 2, 2018 9:24 PM

Oct 2018
bought the first 4 volumes of Tokyo Ghoul 5 years ago, finished reading it a couple of months ago. i felt like i was growing alongside the series and watching it end broke my heart, i hope ishida comes up with a new ip soon
"You're not my dad"
Oct 3, 2018 9:31 AM

May 2018
Nana, I simply loved everything about it. I watched the anime first, but when I read the manga, I loved it just as much and I immersed myself into it, I would constantly read it for a few days.
Oct 3, 2018 10:40 AM
Aug 2018
Kamisama Hajimemashita.

Honestly, the manga style and the mood felt authentic to me although it's not real.
Oct 3, 2018 7:47 PM

Oct 2015
i'm pretty sure it was slam dunk, since i've read it like 3 times and i still have some
of the panels saved from when i was reading it for the first time.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Oct 4, 2018 12:19 AM

Aug 2018
The first manga I fully read was Konjiki no Gash! 3 years ago and it blown my mind how mature became in its last volumes.

In second place, I'd say Berserk. I'm still shocked by the Eclipse.
Oct 5, 2018 5:10 PM

Apr 2014
the manhwa Unbalance x2. it was the first real manga that i read that wanted me to read more and had really interested in the story. i read previous manga but they were either hentai, shorts, or part of a series that i already liked.
Oct 16, 2018 11:28 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, which was the first manga I took from the "Teenage Zone" at the library.

I would usually just read the Pokemon Special manga over and over again, which I eventually got tired of. I went to the other area in the library and picked up around five different manga, and out of those, Magi was my favourite.
Oct 16, 2018 9:52 PM

Dec 2010
Shaman King
My first manga read it in 2004 or 2005 when I was 14.
Oct 16, 2018 10:13 PM

Sep 2017
One Punch Man manga by Yusuke Murata.
I watched the anime before reading the manga but I love em both the same
Oct 17, 2018 9:25 PM

Oct 2018
Onanie Master Kurosawa - This is the first manga that I read and probably the best one for me. I love how it tackled the good and disgusting side of humans.
Oct 18, 2018 2:52 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Solanin. It's my first introduction to seinen manga and also my long time favorite. It's one of the few mangas I could re-read many times over.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Oct 18, 2018 8:11 PM

Apr 2017
Does US Shonen Jump count? The early issues with Narooto, Dragons Ball and Yu-Riki-Oh. I used to blaze through those in an afternoon; Those were the days... Years later, I got into those trashy 90's OVAs and got curious about their source material and after reading insane trash like Apocalypse Zero, I was hooked again.
Oct 18, 2018 9:59 PM

Jun 2017
For me, this is easily Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki. I have yet to come across another manga that made my heart warm - no, this is not your typical "doki-doki" loving feeling, but rather a very "close to heart/close to home" nostalgic feeling. The characters held this awkward chemistry for each other, their love was very giddy and innocent - reminiscent of childhood love. In a way, this humanized them and gave them a personality that developed throughout the series; maturity is a big word for this series. What also captured my heart from this manga was the fact that the panels were very storyboard-like. Sometimes there would be panels where there were little-to-no speech bubbles, focusing on creating the ambiance of the scene. It was as if I was watching a movie - where the environment itself was a separate living character in itself, and where we were like a fly-on-a-wall, looking into this world that the main characters are living in.

Similar with OP's feeling, looking back now, there are stories that surely surpass Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki, however, it will always stay number 1 in my heart for having such a deep and warm impact.

-Ken R.
ATATATATATATATATA! Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru.
Shout-out to @SpectralPoison (2017 Secret Santa) for creating this wonderful gift [signature/profile/avatar pics]!
Oct 19, 2018 7:18 AM

Sep 2015
Chrno Crusade and it totally hit me in the feels, still makes my heart ache to this day and I think it's been 10 years already
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 20, 2018 3:18 PM

Jul 2017
slam dunk I guess

its one of the first manga I've read and I was in love with basketball already
some of the moments really triggered my feelings and I could relate to sakuragi in certain aspects
it just brought back a lot of my memories from the past and the characters were brilliantly developed through time
Oct 20, 2018 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
probably negima. it was the first i finished
Oct 23, 2018 7:37 PM

Sep 2012
InuYasha and Chobits
Oct 24, 2018 2:27 PM

Jul 2008
Solanin. I've read it three or four times now. It's peak Asano, for me. So beautiful and so devastating. I'd recommend it to all twenty-somethings.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 24, 2018 4:54 PM

Aug 2015
the first manga that i really loved is One Piece.

Oct 24, 2018 5:34 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Shounen Shoujo Hyouryuuki, or "Chronicle of the Clueless Age." I don't even remember what it is about anymore, but I really loved it back then. Maybe it was relatable since I was a clueless teenager myself. I loved the unique art style of Furuya Usamaru too, both him and Otsuichi are still two of my favorite authors.
Oct 24, 2018 6:29 PM

Sep 2017
Sket Dance. I really loved it ..it still holds a special place in my heart.
hi,i like you.
Oct 25, 2018 10:32 PM

Oct 2012
My first manga was Instant Bullet and it became my most loved manga. Sadly, the ending was rushed due to circumstances. I hope the author redo the manga again.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 28, 2018 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
Slam Dunk. The anime was one of my favorite childhood shows that left me wanting for more because they didn't showed the ending. It's also my first manga and I fell in love with the art.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 28, 2018 9:11 AM

Sep 2012
Well, Inuyasha was my first BUT I experienced the anime before the manga so I already really loved the series at the time.... the first manga I loved that was completely new to me was Chobits but DearS actually holds the bigger place in my heart... (the anime adaptations for both make me cringe) I first stumbled upon DearS when I went into a bookstore at the beach boardwalk one summer. I'm obsessed with aliens and always have been from a young age and since it shares a lot of similarities with Chobits I immediately fell in love and I can still remember the rush I'd get every month hurrying to the bookstore to check for new volumes. Man, I miss that feeling.
Oct 28, 2018 9:20 AM

Sep 2018
Probably Pokémon Special? It’s the Pokémon story I always wanted. I’d also have to say Astro Boy because I dunno what I was expecting when I first read it, but definitely not the emotional pain I got.
Oct 28, 2018 9:21 AM

May 2018
One Piece <3 Probably because my dad read it online and he'd tell me the plot and stuff and I got super intrigued. Back then I didn't know how to use the computer, much less type in manga websites, so I'd pester him about it. Also because I didn't really know what manga was either.

It was my 11th birthday, I think, that I woke up to a huge cardboard box and in it, volumes 1 to 60. 1 to 60, y'all. Probably the best gift any kid can ask for, I remember screaming and running around my room and thinking 'screw PSP's, this is way cooler' (any of you remember PSPs?) I don't know how much it cost my parents and I never dared to calculate the prices because deep down I don't want to know, since we couldn't afford a lot of things.

Maybe it was my dad's way of saying 'you're old enough now, join me in the world of manga!' Because y'know, my Hogwarts letter never arrived, duh. Anyway, reading One Piece for the first time was one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me, especially as a kid. The art, story and characters all blew me away, and I couldn't shut up about it for a long time. To be honest, life got in the way and I've put it on-hold for quite some time, but I'm planning to get back into it someday :)
Oct 30, 2018 6:36 PM

May 2016
tokyo babylon.
i just really loved it and the art was so gorgeous...
i wish i can read it for the first time again
:c

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Oct 30, 2018 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed Mars.
Oct 31, 2018 3:52 AM

Aug 2018
I was pretty into anime since my early childhood. I remember getting mangas (not too complicated though) at 7 years old because I was upset that we didnt have the channel on the tv for a mermaid anime.
What really got me into it was Pandora Hearts, though. I almost have all of the collection. I still dont know the ending and I'm pretty surprised to never have spoiled myself accidently, since it has been ended long ago now.
Oct 31, 2018 6:09 AM

Oct 2016
Onanie Master Kurosawa. Read in 2014 and has been my favorite manga ever since.
Nov 2, 2018 3:17 PM
Aug 2018
The first manga I've ever got was back in 2003 and I saw Demon Diary (actually manwha) and Vampire game. I bought them both and fell in love with them.
(I also had Dragon ball vol 1 for some reason but I never read it before after I got those two)
Nov 2, 2018 5:13 PM

May 2013
i was going to say NGE but i feel that with Koe no Katachi i felt in love with reading manga (in general), also i loved the story so much <333

Nov 3, 2018 11:16 AM

Jul 2015
I think it was Vitamin.
Nov 3, 2018 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Koe no katachi probably
Nov 5, 2018 3:53 AM

Dec 2017
i think fairy tail was my first manga (loved fairy tail) and my second manga is one piece ...one piece animation was pretty good but later it became pretty decent so i switch to manga but i still watch one piece anime (sometimes)

Nov 5, 2018 5:30 AM

Sep 2015
It wasn't my first manga (can't actually remember which was first XD) but it certainly was among the ones I read when I first got immersed in manga world (thou it was the anime Wolf's Rain which started it all - anime/world->manga world), however, neither was it also the one that got me hooked on manga (several of them did), BUT Chrno Crusade IS the manga that I truly & completely loved. The first manga I came to love.
It completely blew me away and crushed my little teenage heart of 13 (or was it 14?) back in 2005/2006 into smithereens. Yet it left such deep impression to me and I still love it to this day. The story, the character, the feels it gave me, yup, Chrno Crusade is the first manga I loved
RouzmaryNov 5, 2018 5:33 AM
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Nov 12, 2018 4:12 PM

Oct 2017
The first manga I fell in love with was Fullmetal Alchemist. To this day it is still my favorite manga :)
Nov 13, 2018 3:18 AM

Jan 2018
Doraemon,simply because It's my first ever manga
Nov 14, 2018 4:24 AM

Sep 2018
Hmm..... that was a long time ago..

Two Series in General.

Bleach and Shaman King.

Bleach is my absolute fave manga. (We do not speak about the Anime). The Style, The Charas, The Plot and holy Fuck the aesthetics.
Was also the first Manga Series i completed with all the special Books and Art Books.

Nov 14, 2018 4:28 AM
Nov 2015
My first manga was Sket dance , after completing the anime I decided to read it and wasn't disappointed, it was beautifully done.
Nov 14, 2018 7:40 AM

Aug 2017
the first manga i really loved was one piece. i started reading it at the start of the dressrosa arc. but i was all caught up because of the anime. i just wanted to know what happens next. and i began loving it right away.
Nov 14, 2018 11:46 AM

Nov 2018
Even though it seems odd to me now, the earliest, most vivid memories I have of actually really loving a manga was when I first read Ayashi no Ceres by Yuu Watase. Now, I know that sounds ridiculous, but the only way that I had access to manga as a kid was through the manga that my local libraries had and Ayashi no Ceres was the only manga series that the libraries I had access to seemed to have a complete collection of. I read those manga voraciously. Sometimes I'd read them, put them back, and then a few weeks later get the same ones again because I'd just love going back through the volumes. It helps that this was probably my first real exposure to, not only romance, but the "intensity" that romance seemed to have to...what...10 year old me? Or something.

Like I said, it seems silly to me now but back then I really connected with all of those characters and I found myself constantly dreaming about being in a relationship that was that intimate with anybody. So yeah, that was a real eye-opener for me.
Nov 14, 2018 8:14 PM

Jul 2014
I don't read very many, but the first manga I ever came to really like was Yotsube&. A friend lent me one of their volumes and I've loved it ever since. While I forgot about it for the longest time, I've been slowly buying the volumes for four or five years now. I bought volume eleven last week, in fact. Of course, I finished it a couple days later, as well.
Nov 14, 2018 11:03 PM
Sep 2018
Me nisekoi for life or maybe the original dragon ball.
Nov 17, 2018 7:08 PM
Sep 2018
For sure it was Hirunaka no Ryuusei and it used to be one of my favorites.
Nov 17, 2018 10:48 PM

Mar 2012
The first manga I read was Shugo Chara, it was an online friend who suggested to read it. I did like it and that's how I initially got into manga but I didn't think it was all that good and in the end I never completed it.

After trying out manga I started picking up quite a lot of titles all at the same time instead of finishing one before moving on to the other so I have no clue about which was the first manga I really loved.

Kyou Kara MA no Tsuku Jiyuugyou! - Would be my closest bet to first favorite since I really loved this one to the point I ordered the volumes from Japan but then shit happened and some more fujo-shit happened and they completely messed up the entire plot as well as characters to focus on pleasing fujoshi fans. I really hate this series now, it's top tire garbage.

Kara no Kyoukai and Kuroshitsuji - I loved both but unfortunately had to take a break from reading manga due to (important) exams, in the end I just kept track of kyo kara maoh and decided to let go of the others, which was honesty a terrible decision. When I got back to reading manga after a few years I just picked up new titles and had a fresh start. I plan on reading these 2 right from chapter 1 once again and then catching up to the latest chapters.

There was also Higurashi and Another which I really enjoyed.
Nov 18, 2018 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
Berserk

I love Guts and the art is the best I have ever seen.
Evangelion is shit
Nov 18, 2018 9:07 AM

Sep 2018
My first was aho girl which was funny.
Nov 18, 2018 9:09 AM

Aug 2016
Don't really read, but first manga I loved and read was Blame!
Nov 21, 2018 5:53 AM

Nov 2018
Mine was One Piece, still reading and loving it. It's a masterpiece in story telling with a mount of great characters. Since the last two years I read the manga only. The anime is to much made for children too. All the censorship. What's not bad but that feels often like a tiny disappointment for me. But I know that I'll read it until the day it ends.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Completed my first LN.

Clannat - May 26

12 by Timeline_man »»
3 minutes ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

178 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
1 hour ago

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5948 by Azuchi »»
4 hours ago

» When and how did you get introduced to manga?

ColdBlackTeaFan - Yesterday

5 by dreamingneon »»
6 hours ago

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Feb 7

64 by angelqie »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.