Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 5:02 AM
Sep 2020
I am so dumb. I am watching anime for 4 years but I never completed a LN or a Manga. Crazyyyy
May 26, 8:08 AM
May 2024
Which LN? btw i'd also recommend a Visual Novel(VN for short), they're very immersive and unique,

Start with "Doki-Doki Literature club" or maybe "Danganronpa:Trigger happy havoc"

and yes there are good LN's out there too, like COTE series, or the Oregairu Series, Torodora, Golden Time, some of the few classics.
May 26, 10:00 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to DaoistFR
Which LN? btw i'd also recommend a Visual Novel(VN for short), they're very immersive and unique,

Start with "Doki-Doki Literature club" or maybe "Danganronpa:Trigger happy havoc"

and yes there are good LN's out there too, like COTE series, or the Oregairu Series, Torodora, Golden Time, some of the few classics.
@DaoistFR Three Days of Happiness. versy short.. i wont never read LN again!
May 26, 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
I don't like Light Novels for some strange reason tbh...
May 27, 8:49 PM
May 2024
Reply to Clannat
@DaoistFR Three Days of Happiness. versy short.. i wont never read LN again!
@Clannat I see, I'll look into it, you dont like LN's now? why not?? well, to each his own. No pressure.
May 27, 8:57 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to DesuMaiden
I don't like Light Novels for some strange reason tbh...
@DesuMaiden because they're usually low effort garbage by writers who can't write well enough to do a manga or have a career writing for TV/movies/games/actual novels. LNs are pretty much the lowest form of art
May 28, 9:44 PM

Feb 2021
Congrats, I still have Three Days of Happiness on planning to read list.

But my back-log of light novels to read is quite big at the moment, so I really have to put the effort in if I want to read most of the stuff that I've bought over the years...
May 29, 12:48 AM

Aug 2018
That's quite an accomplishment. Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉
Jun 12, 3:36 AM

Aug 2021
Congrats, I recommend Overlord if you're into dark fantasy
Jun 13, 12:45 AM

Jan 2023
Congrats on completing your first LN :)
Jun 14, 3:41 PM

Dec 2012
Good job. I've only completed around 17 personally, 6 of which are just single novels.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jun 14, 3:56 PM

Apr 2013
Well we all have to start somewhere! And there's so many sources of entertainment easily available around us nowadays, it can often be hard to find time to read books, especially for those that aren't used to read novels.
Jun 14, 4:01 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to Nyron
@DesuMaiden because they're usually low effort garbage by writers who can't write well enough to do a manga or have a career writing for TV/movies/games/actual novels. LNs are pretty much the lowest form of art
@Nyron creating a hierarchy of art and entertainment is a foolish endeavor that only serves to limit the creativity of the people
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Jun 25, 7:04 PM
Mar 2017
Congrats. I mean some people never start a manga so that's something. Then again they are a lot of effort to read LN I find. Depends on the series too and how engaging it is besides the writing. The only one I bought physical was Isolator and I can tell regardless of how SAO/Accel World are in any form anime, games, written hmm it was an interesting first chapter to read that's for sure. I've been reading other manga instead of reading it. XD

Obviously other better series in LN form are fair but yeah. Then again many ecchi ones I think manga is better then the LN because describing it isn't that engaging I think written. I know I've tried (a trial idea in my own time for myself only) and it's a challenge to make it engaging to read.

I started with Date A Live/Infinite Stratos (already read many of the spinoff manga) and just left it at that. I did try a bit of Shakugan no Shana though besides the Eternal manga the more bigger scale of the world type ones. I think I read more of the manga though.

Probably others I dipped into but not a lot. Mostly I read manga as easier to find or engage with, not because of the pictures either some chapters in LNs are just awkward of pacing to find a stopping point or engaging to read (yes yes my choices of series to read of LNs don't reflect that).

I usually just read manga versions if they exist instead.

For VNs well I have a few (Steins;gate, Danganronpa trilogy I now own them all didn't have 1-2 Reload and finally have it and had V3/Despair Girls for a while, any tactics or others with VN cutscenes so Disgaea, Conception, Valkyria Chronicles, Utawarerumono Mask of Deception, Raging Loop off the top of my head).
Suntanned_Duck2Jun 25, 7:07 PM

More topics from this board

» Does anybody else not read manga because they don't know Japanese? ( 1 2 )

ForgotEyeWasHere - Yesterday

54 by Dienen »»
1 minute ago

» What was the first manga that converted you into a fan?

Rally- - Sep 23

6 by Azuchi »»
3 hours ago

» Who would be the "Dr. Seuss" of manga?

AkihitoZero1224 - Nov 20, 2023

4 by RareAnimeHunter »»
3 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

39 by Xypheron »»
3 hours ago

» What mangas are you sad that scanlators dropped

zkl - Feb 26

17 by RareAnimeHunter »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.