Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2017 12:03 PM
Jun 2016
dark, I liked it, definetly a nasty one heh.
Oct 5, 2017 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
What a terrible start of an episode. Especially first scene was utter garbage. It was screaming that creators have no confidence in the series to pull people in without some out of place edgy bullshit gore. It didn't get any better later with weird mash of scenes coming out of nowhere and going nowhere with horrible dialogues and characters acting in bizarre ways.

The worst part though was MC's VA. Holly shit, his voice makes me want to punch him. That guy actually has punchable voice. Especially scream. Scratch that, MC just blows in every way.

In short: fucking hell, how stupid it was.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 5, 2017 12:05 PM
May 2015
This show is crap. I give it max rating of 6 by episode 12.

aLotQuestion said:
The question is, WHY THE FUCK WERE BOOBS AND VAGINA CENSORED BUT GORE SCENE IS NOT?!

The real question is why does that matter to you? Were you planning on jacking off to them?
Oct 5, 2017 12:06 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol this anime has some fucking fine ass boobs girls in it

i get the Devil Survivor and or Taboo Tattoo vibe
Oct 5, 2017 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
Was it structured awkwardly to reflect the main characters erratic thought pattern? Or is this just really poorly written? Either way if feels like half Mayoiga half Another.
Oct 5, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
Squidster said:

None of the characters were appealing so idk if I'm supposed to care when they die.

I don't think you're supposed to care, I don't think any of the characters that died in this episode had any lines anyway so how could you care lol.

OT: Well that was.......ok i guess. Pretty crazy how 10 of them are already dead. Also, it's weird how they're apparently starting with the sequel, I feel like that could confuse some people since it feels like we're being dropped into the middle of the story. Still not sure how to feel about this tbh, but if the rest is anything like this episode, it could probably be just as frustrating as Mayoiga.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2017 12:14 PM

Jun 2016
RebelPanda said:
Was it structured awkwardly to reflect the main characters erratic thought pattern? Or is this just really poorly written? Either way if feels like half Mayoiga half Another.

I can already say the first manga is better than this judging only by the first episode (this is an adaption of the second one), idk how they could be so stupid and animate a thing that feels like a second season.. of course people would be confused, i recommend reading the first manga for better understanding if you want.
Oct 5, 2017 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
Ok this was an awesome first episode!

No whole episode introducing characters, no getting to know who you want to root for, just got right into the point of the King's Game and the twisted plot!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 5, 2017 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
AyumiVk said:
RebelPanda said:

I can already say the first manga is better than this judging only by the first episode (this is an adaption of the second one), idk how they could be so stupid and animate a thing that feels like a second season.. of course people would be confused, i recommend reading the first manga for better understanding if you want.

I suppose that explains why scenes were out of order in the first half of the episode. Are the characters more fleshed out in the manga?
Oct 5, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2009
The original Ousama Game was what got me into the whole survival game genre so I'm hyped.

It's definitely a weird decision to animate the sequel rather than the first one because it's hard to follow a plot that dives right in without the setup and frankly, reasonable pace, that was found in the prequel. That said, while I really enjoyed almost every part of the prequel I don't mind that they're animating this if only so I can finally find out what happens after skimming through raws.

The first episode was kind of a mess though which is disappointing because it looks like many people new to the franchise are dropping it because of that. That said I'm looking forward to the next episodes to watch Nobu's relationship with Natsuko progress and to learn more about Natsuko.
Oct 5, 2017 12:26 PM

Jun 2016
RebelPanda said:
AyumiVk said:

I suppose that explains why scenes were out of order in the first half of the episode. Are the characters more fleshed out in the manga?

I wouldn't say they are because just like on this there are a lot of characters and there was no way they could all be developed. The three man ones (Nobuaki, his girlfriend and his best friend) weren't great characters but for this type of series they were okay.. and if people read the manga they'll understand better why Nobuaki acts like this of course, so that's one more reason for reading it.
Oct 5, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
Bunch of people die, no police involvement, because yeah, that's how things work. Everyone has a cellphone, no one gets a video of anything, because yeah, that's how things work.

Bunch of random garbage thrown at the screen that doesn't make sense, and of course the worst, most movie ruining horror trope of all, the infinitely powerful villain who toys with people.
Oct 5, 2017 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
Honestly, I was laughing the entire time and shaking my head because of how stupid it was to me. This is one of those death game type of anime where I literally want to watch every character die and laugh about the method in which their death is portrayed. The single best part of this was coldrain's single at the end.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 5, 2017 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
Wait, a whole class of students bar him died previously and yet nobody thought it was suspicious or anything enough for police to keep him under surveillance and whatnot?

Doesn't the first set of games and the resulting death of 99% of that class not raise any suspicions at all?

Seems a little suspect to me right now....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 5, 2017 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
I know the MC went through a lot, but Jesus, he's almost unbearable...

This is really Another once again, but with even less class.Regardless of that I will keep watching, cause even tho it's low tier I'm interested in the outcome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2017 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
need corpse party gore ;)

Funny they find so many good VA in the same "simple" show.
SweanimeOct 5, 2017 12:47 PM
Oct 5, 2017 12:44 PM
Sep 2017
Premise is interesting (Another where the people have a choice instead of trying to escape their final destination). Male lead is a bit all over the place, like sure he's traumatized, but he acts irrationally even for somebody who's seen some shit. Female lead for now is just walking boobs wanting that Nobu's dick like it's made out of gold (though if you know the background behind the anime her actions start to make more sense). Animation is ok, not outstanding, but not bad either. Opening is pure sex. All in all a decent first episode, will be continuing for now, best case it might turn out better than Another did, but I think it'll probably be very similar (which isn't necessary bad, I enjoyed Another).
Oct 5, 2017 12:47 PM
Mar 2014
That was absolutely abysmal. I had my head in my hands, muttering criticisms to myself the whole way through.
At least it had the decency to be atrocious for the whole episode, so I can drop it before I waste any more time on it.
Oct 5, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
this first episode really interested me, never read the manga but it captivated me enough to want to keep stopping by every week, i like the vibe of these dark horror shows, plus with all the hype of battle royale games and anime i think it'll good and if not, at least decent.
Oct 5, 2017 12:56 PM

Oct 2010
Kinda messy and rushed. She fell for him at first sight? Then did nothing when he was getting beat? Also NTR in the next episode. The next order was for her to "hook up" with another dude. So she's either gonna die by being loyal to MC (I guess they aren't really official anyway) or she's gonna live by hooking up with another dude. Either way, it's gonna trigger people lol.

I'm not sure I can enjoy a story where people have to literally do what a disembodied "voice" tells them or die from magic. Having no way to fight back just sounds extremely dull. The fact that his entire class in the prequel died, means the "Demon" won. If there's no way for the players to win, then this won't be any fun.
Oct 5, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
hmm reminds me of Another
Oct 5, 2017 1:06 PM
Oct 2013
It's a bit of a rough start, but I think it has the potential to be good. It's hard to tell without seeing a few more episodes.
Oct 5, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
WTF was this? They got killed for being asleep when the order not to sleep came after they went to bed?!
Oct 5, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
Kougeru said:
Kinda messy and rushed. She fell for him at first sight? Then did nothing when he was getting beat? Also NTR in the next episode. The next order was for her to "hook up" with another dude. So she's either gonna die by being loyal to MC (I guess they aren't really official anyway) or she's gonna live by hooking up with another dude. Either way, it's gonna trigger people lol.

I'm not sure I can enjoy a story where people have to literally do what a disembodied "voice" tells them or die from magic. Having no way to fight back just sounds extremely dull. The fact that his entire class in the prequel died, means the "Demon" won. If there's no way for the players to win, then this won't be any fun.

You would love corpse party ;)
Oct 5, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2017
Very entertaining, but pretty dumb.

I felt liked it dived in without explaining much, and honestly I felt a little confused through the first half of the ep.

The last death was grim af :')

Also I was confused as to why people died because they were asleep- did I miss something?
ladamesansmerciOct 5, 2017 1:19 PM
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 5, 2017 1:21 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Silly as pheck, but also weirdly entertaining. Will watch just a bit more.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2017
And here I was hoping for a good thriller but got this edgy Another wannabe... Honestly, this first chapter was all kinds of trashy to me. The MC's personality is inconsistent (He says he doesn't care if people die but rushes to help one of the punished after trying to die with miss love at first sight), the designs are all bland as fuck (MC in particular looks exactly like an older Akame ga Kill Tatsumi) and the last punishment arrived later and was different than the rest because...?

Bad first episode, if it doesn't get better in the next two it's a drop for me.

Edit: Just found out that they decided to adapt the second half of the manga and that the game MC was in came first. Just what the fuck. What possible reason would they have to start a series by skipping half of it? If we got that first the MC's erratic actions would actually seem justified to the viewer instead leaving him of looking like a psychotic freak. That's it, if they didn't care enough to even animate it in the order that it was written I don't have a reason to think that Seven wants to deliver a quality product. Honestly, they should just stick to Hentai or short series. DROPPED.
miguitronikOct 5, 2017 1:36 PM
Oct 5, 2017 1:26 PM

Sep 2016
I just read the whole (prequel) manga after finding out that this is a sequel. man... this is just awful, everyone is so annoying including (especially) the protagonist they shoudl've adapted the prequel instead. tthough the prequel was also quite awful, but still quite entertaining. i'll watch 1 more episode to find out how awful is this. probably going to drop it soon.
GangsterCatOct 5, 2017 1:30 PM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 5, 2017 1:33 PM
Mar 2016
Man, Nobu-kun transferred from another school cu'z he has played the Kings game before from his previous school ,and now upon his transfer he bring the curse with him.

already 10 had died, that was fast.

So will Nobu -kun's history would repeat itself or will , they survive?

BTW does anybody have that feeling , that whoever survives the King's game is bound to bring that curse with him as in the case of Nobu-kun?
WhoahohoOct 5, 2017 1:43 PM
Oct 5, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
Ending song got me hyped for next week
Oct 5, 2017 1:59 PM
Jan 2009
OK, let's say this series faithfully depicts the manga titles. Is the gruesome violence in the manga versions on the level of "Attack on Titan" gruesomeness? One reason I won't be watching this for now comes upon reading about the gruesome ways the participants died.

I have read the "Gantz" manga but I finished that back in 2013, so my tolerance for especially violent manga/anime has changed. Another thing that would distinguish "Ousama" from "Shingeki" is the reasoning behind the 2 series: "Ousama" is a killing game whereas "Shingeki" is a survival horror.
Oct 5, 2017 2:02 PM

Oct 2008
If only the animation wasn't so god-awful terribad, this would be an interesting anime.
Oct 5, 2017 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
Holy fuck, I don't know if this is going to get boring in the future, but, holy shit, this is the anime I wanted. The lovechild of Mayoiga and Another. Retarded characters confronting death in the most stupid ways, with things ending looking more hilarious than terrifying.. I cannot ask for a better trainwreck, tbh. I hope things get even more dumb next episode, please.
I need something on the level of Mayoiga in my life.
Opening is pretty cool, btw.

Hinata said:
I have a feeling Natsuko is like fake, She might have that nice personality to hide a dark one....

If she does end up lasting long, she might even betray the MC who knows.
I have the same feeling, she looks too happy and cheerful for someone who has lost both her parents. I expect anything of her at this point.
Oct 5, 2017 2:07 PM
Jan 2009
While I do like violent anime such as "91 Days" and have seen some of those dark yet psychological shows, the really bloody titles are not really my thing at the moment.
Oct 5, 2017 2:35 PM
Feb 2017
Kind of has the vibe of yet another cliche blood-fest that is claimed to be "horror", but I'll watch it anyway because it may turn out to be good
Oct 5, 2017 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ANOTHER KILLING GAME ANIME!
Papa Monokuma is super proud!

I thought I've read this manga, but I guess this is based in a sequel?
Natsuki girl give me some weird fake vibes, I don't know, like she is going to throw someone under the bus. Or maybe she was the one who killed her parents.
Oh well, just expecting some mindless violence and gore because plot and character development in this kind of show are super rare, but I like a good surprise! :D

I love how they REALLY think the MC hanged all of those people like it was something super easy WTF

Look at all the orders the king is giving, he is just some pervert lol

WHY THE LAST GUY DIED THO? O.O
taynisOct 6, 2017 6:41 AM

Oct 5, 2017 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
Trustly I don't like the fact that ousama game extreme is airing instead of Ousama Game or Ousama game kigen.
It's the only mistake because there are many things that people who hasn't read all mangas won't understand in the future.
I really hope that they can manage with this but I'm hopeless.
Oct 5, 2017 3:39 PM

Nov 2007
Illyricus said:
Hinata said:
I have a feeling Natsuko is like fake, She might have that nice personality to hide a dark one....
If she does end up lasting long, she might even betray the MC who knows.
I have the same feeling, she looks too happy and cheerful for someone who has lost both her parents. I expect anything of her at this point.

I have the same suspicions. She tried so hard to get close to MC. When he went off somewhere she found him without any problems. Also, she forced the kiss despite being pushed off. Just like she knew something... :)
Animation isn't superior, there is not much logic in action and characters are dull but it is somehow still entertaining.
I want to see where it will get.
Entertaining 3/5 episode in my opinion.
Oct 5, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2015
I see people comparing this to Mayoiga, but at least this show has the good grace to kill its shitty cast off. I'm not expecting quality but it seems like the dumb kind of fun I can use every once in a while.
Oct 5, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
been a while since I've watched an anime like this. I give it 10/10. so fuking good
Oct 5, 2017 4:06 PM

Jul 2015
edgy but entertaining enough. hopefully it doesn't outpace itself
Oct 5, 2017 4:09 PM

May 2014
Meh.
Just felt like Another with crappier art/animation to me.
I mean, it picked up in the second half and the art got a little less derpy, but there's not really any substance- there rarely is with these sorts of series though so I guess I'm missing the point entirely.

Edgy guy is edgy.
Annoying girl is annoying.
Stupid classmates are stupid.
And the bully dude turned into a big blood bubble that got popped.

10 people died but I don't think i'll be sticking around to see how inventively everyone else gets slaughtered. It's just not my cup of tea.

Props for that Coldrain OP though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2017 4:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... I do like the survival game premise but fuck this character cast is literally Mayoiga all over again
Oct 5, 2017 4:13 PM

Jul 2016
The first episode was so bad.
Oct 5, 2017 4:19 PM

Jun 2012
I don't usually watch horror/psychological stuff, but this was fucking awesome. Loved the creepy feel.
Oct 5, 2017 4:26 PM
Dec 2013
i dont care if this isnt as good as another, gotta love survival game man
if the romance continue we might get another mirai nikki, but im not sure...
for all we know this girl could be the next yuno - time travelled, killed her parents, seduced mc etc
Noctis133Oct 5, 2017 4:30 PM
Oct 5, 2017 4:50 PM

Nov 2016
yoko_tao said:
Trustly I don't like the fact that ousama game extreme is airing instead of Ousama Game or Ousama game kigen.
It's the only mistake because there are many things that people who hasn't read all mangas won't understand in the future.
I really hope that they can manage with this but I'm hopeless.

I know right? They're starting with the last story rather than the story that was written first or the story that comes first chronologically. This is probably the worst possible manga in the series for them to adapt.

Besides that glaringly obvious problem, there's another reason why this won't work: the cast is too large. After just the first episode there are already seven people dead and I really don't care. There was no time to build a connection to those characters, so there's no way to get invested in their fate. I don't even know who any of them were except for Freckles-McJerkface. There's no way to get invested in the few remaining characters because they've only been shown being cruel to the main character. The only remotely sympathetic character is the love-interest, and she's only there to be a bland piece of ass for the protagonist to chase after.

To summarize: this is going to be a cliche, uninteresting survival story that no one is going to care about.
Oct 5, 2017 4:52 PM

Nov 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Well... I do like the survival game premise but fuck this character cast is literally Mayoiga all over again

Yep, except Mayoiga actually introduced their boring, annoying characters... King's Game isn't even going to bother with it.
Oct 5, 2017 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
I get "Another" vibes. My first instinct was to assume the girl he kissed is actually his girlfriend that "died" and there was a hint of her lips being cold. Or she's someone else but already dead. I don't know.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

131 by Nitrofire11111 »»
Mar 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

316 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 10, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

99 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.