Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 14, 2017 2:50 PM
Jun 2016
Loved the sirens, food etc but the best part was Kuro speaking out loud instead of telepathically. ❤❤❤
Sep 15, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2013
Kuro said something about his gaze right before she are the 1st curry, not unpleasant but did not want to experience it too long.
Any idea for what that was?
Sep 15, 2017 10:25 PM

Feb 2014
Funky_Junk9 said:
Kuro said something about his gaze right before she are the 1st curry, not unpleasant but did not want to experience it too long.
Any idea for what that was?

Love? Probably lol.

I wish this anime lasts forever but unfortunately, forever does not exist :(
LOL
Sep 15, 2017 11:56 PM

Nov 2009
Whoahoho said:
Kuro time......man, I wonder why didn't those Chimeras didn't introduce themselves to Alponson, the very guy who left them a treasure trove of gold and sliver?

Because he is the much-dreaded Chimera Killer. And while they helped themselves to his treasure trove, they surely aren't shipwrecked sailors he intended the trove for. So they might get in trouble if he found out.

anirudhsuki said:
Who is more powerful red or black?

My guess is, they're the same tier of power, and if they were to fight seriously, it would be Apocalypse.
But more importantly, Kuro doesn't have many friends, so she would not risk angering Red.

anirudhsuki said:
Does the master have a significant other in that other world or is he single? I really want know. As much as I like romance I don't like romance between Kuro and master. She has lived for tens and thousands of years and will continue to do so. As for the master he has already crossed 30 I think, max he can live is 50-60 years which is equal to a moment for Kuro. So I don't want a romance in this otherwise good anime

Even if 50-60 years is not much, what's important is that they're years well spent. Myself, I'm shipping Kuro and Master now.

duderus said:
I was hoping their sirens would actually sound beautiful when they were singing... got my hopes up.

I expected that too, but I guess they sound exactly as they live - energetic and unrefined.

AkeHomu said:
In fact, I may have put in 11 episodes before noticing it, but it's a fact, Aletta is pretty ~

Kuro, as usual, is really cute ~

I thought it's the other way around - Kuro is beauiful, and Aletta is cute.
Sep 16, 2017 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode!
good thing Kuro is immune to that song that could hypnotize Tenshu & Aletta
Tuna Carpaccio? italian style sashimi? sound yummy!
Curry buns! i'm getting hungry!
Is "lassi" something like yogurt?
4/5.

Sep 16, 2017 8:07 AM
Jun 2013
matias067 said:
Nice episode!
good thing Kuro is immune to that song that could hypnotize Tenshu & Aletta
Tuna Carpaccio? italian style sashimi? sound yummy!
Curry buns! i'm getting hungry!
Is "lassi" something like yogurt?
4/5.

It is a yogurt drink, usually made with yogurt, ice, spices milk and blended together, a good drink to have with spicy foods like curry.
Sep 17, 2017 3:09 AM

Apr 2015
The sirens singing was one of the most visually bizarre scenes I've ever seen.

Pretty good week, dynamic for their standards
Sep 17, 2017 12:25 PM

Apr 2017
ya know what I wanna see,

an episode where aletta doesn't leave the the restaurant soon enough and has to stay in our world for a week and Tenshu show her around and stuff and she stays with him.
Sep 18, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2009
HereticHunter said:

with all honestly, they looked more like Harpies and some sort of succubus rather than "Sirens"

A bit late but I missed your comment earlier. Actually, sirens looked exactly like this in Greek mythology. Like humans with bird legs and wings. Harpies have a less appealing look there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_(mythology)
Nachtwandler_21Sep 18, 2017 2:00 PM
Sep 18, 2017 2:38 PM

Feb 2016
Nachtwandler_21 said:
HereticHunter said:

with all honestly, they looked more like Harpies and some sort of succubus rather than "Sirens"

A bit late but I missed your comment earlier. Actually, sirens looked exactly like this in Greek mythology. Like humans with bird legs and wings. Harpies have a less appealing look there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_(mythology)

Actually...

HereticHunter said:
wakka9ca said:

What? These are exactly how Siren should be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_%28mythology%29

I've been stated with that several times lol, well I guess just some ignorance bout greek's sirens, what an inconsistent mythical creature, either a "fish" or a flying being huh oh wait, I guess I'm confusing mermaids with sirens lmao

I just realized that I was just confusing Sirens with Mermaids
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 19, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
Waahhhhh I was one week late to watch the episode. Again. Couldn't find the proper time to watch it.

This episode intend to give tense vibes for once, which wasn't quite customary for its standards. Not that I mind, haha.
We got some lively troublemakers as Sirens this time around. The kids sure were sure cheeky, energetic pair. And it was Kuro's responsibility to keep them in check, the very task handed by red dragon lady to protect the place while she isn't around.
I was always curious to see that this place continues to be in one piece considering how overwhelming those creatures of fantasy world are against the folks in Nekoya. So how exactly did red dragon lady used to defend the place before?
*Thinking*
Oh well who am I kidding, lmao. I don't watch it to see some sort of conflict taking place in it, now do I? :DD

Might be the first time I actually see Master eating a meal himself lol

We also got cute moments of Kuro in the 2nd part enjoying her meal in delight <3
And she finally spoke! Yay.

I'll watch finale tomorrow, maybe. The anime isn't something that is ought to be watched in consecutive sittings after all ;o
Sep 19, 2017 8:45 AM

Sep 2009
HereticHunter said:

A lot of people confuse them for some reason or thing that sirens look like mermides.

Class of water mammals even was called sirens because of this.
Sep 19, 2017 9:32 AM

Feb 2016
Nachtwandler_21 said:
HereticHunter said:

A lot of people confuse them for some reason or thing that sirens look like mermides.

Class of water mammals even was called sirens because of this.

Well on Spanish, mermaids are called "Sirenas" so I believe I confused it because in Spanish the words are quite similar to Sirens (actually, both of them translate to "Sirena") This is what I hate about translations xD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 6, 2017 7:41 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode once again, can't wait to see what the last episode will have to offer!
Oct 11, 2017 1:30 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
lalalalalala The sirens were cuteeee lol :)))
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 14, 2017 1:50 AM

Sep 2013
Woah... this episode is like the director took a step back to re-evaluate how he was presenting the series, thought about what could be improved, and then presented it for the purpose of this single episode. They stopped using static backgrounds and using still portrait shots when people actually ate food and finally took a hint from Shokugeki presentation. The use of sound was brilliant for the sizzling of the curry buns- When the shot transitioned to Aletta, it's the satisfying crunch of frying that brings her attention to the subject, rather than a prolonged shot of just the buns frying.
Nov 6, 2017 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
Kuro finally talked with her mouth. I'm really liking her more. And thank goodness she was there to stopped the little sirens. Evildoers will regret making trouble in the restaurant because of Kuro.

One last episode. But 12 episode isn't enough. I'm hoping for another season.
Feb 22, 2018 5:30 AM

Mar 2015
Kuro is definitely best girl
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 6, 2018 10:33 PM

Apr 2016
Admiral Alphonse really is a kind person,he is very rich but he also cares for others,those harpies really behave like children,I wonder how long harpy lives and what is their mature stage?This episode reveal Kuro's ability to restrain her magic power,so after living there alone she spent it all on holding her magic to prevent other creatures reacting to her magic power.We finally saw restaurant's master eat and he can handle spicy foods that means his favourite food must be something hot and spicy,he also mention curry buns are delicous even when its cold but its better when its hot.So,when someone open the door it leads to their original place,and it has time limit it seems.When Kuro's door appear she immideately went in and Aletta was already there.That means the time when the door appears is fixed.That explain customer comes at different times.
SquirrelStandMar 6, 2018 10:37 PM
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Feb 6, 2019 8:09 PM

Nov 2013
Those sirens were cute though their singing could use some work. It was neat how they ran into the man who was stranded on that island for 20 years.

Aletta being adorable as usual. Too bad she hasn't gotten much focus.

Kuro speaking aloud at the end was some nice development. It appears that she has really taken a liking to the restaurant and her coworkers.

Good episode; made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :)

8/10
FunnyRatmanFeb 6, 2019 8:12 PM

Feb 6, 2019 8:29 PM
Jun 2013
anirudhsuki said:
Who is more powerful red or black? Does the master have a significant other in that other world or is he single? I really want know. As much as I like romance I don't like romance between Kuro and master. She has lived for tens and thousands of years and will continue to do so. As for the master he has already crossed 30 I think, max he can live is 50-60 years which is equal to a moment for Kuro. So I don't want a romance in this otherwise good anime

Despite that Kuro has a death magic and it is weaken with the fight Chaos of Many Tentacles, I would think that Red would beat Kuro. also this is from Isekai Shokudo site (https://isekaishokudo.wikia.com/wiki/Isekai_Shokud%C5%8D_Wiki); Kuro is a powerful dragon that specializes in Death magic. Interestingly she was the weakest among the Six Pillars, but the best when it came to control.

As for the other question, I believe that he is single, but he finds someone it will be interesting to see how she reacts to having strange guests coming in on a Saturday and having Aletta and Kuro helping out in the restaurant.

If Master gets someone who would eventually become his wife, would think at first, that Aletta is cosplaying, only to find out those horns are real, but would might eventually get use to the people, although might mistake elves and half-elves as they do look similar to each other as Aletta had done, when Aletta had thought that Victoria Samanark was an elf and not a half-elf.
LadyMalFeb 6, 2019 8:39 PM
Jul 17, 2019 3:49 PM
Mar 2018
Well, they reallycreate nailed the annoyingness that children bring with them and the song was just some "lalala"'s with cheap CGI, so a minus for that. And I hate to be that much of a nagger, but carpaccio is made from beef not fish (why didn't they just went with sushi, since they plaster every other dish with empireal royal rice?)...
Jul 17, 2019 5:55 PM
Jun 2013
DonTrumpolino said:
Well, they really create nailed the annoyingness that children bring with them and the song was just some "lalala"'s with cheap CGI, so a minus for that. And I hate to be that much of a nagger, but carpaccio is made from beef not fish (why didn't they just went with sushi, since they plaster every other dish with empireal royal rice?)...

Carpaccio can be made from tuna as well as beef and a few other types of meat and is based on the artist Carpaccio because of the red color. if you want more information check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpaccio.

The reason why is that Nekoya is a Western restaurant, so sushi might not be on the menu. As for the rice, it is a staple food in Japan, which is served even for breakfast.
LadyMalJul 17, 2019 6:00 PM
Apr 8, 2020 11:57 PM

Dec 2013
Those two angels/sirens were really mischievous lol but at least there's Kuro that would protect Aletta and Master. Nice to see some connection between Kuro and Aka. And Kuro used her mouth to bid her farewell huh

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 11, 2020 4:29 PM

Feb 2014
The siren played d and g came out smh how could u mess up this bad fuckin hell lol

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Mar 8, 2021 10:09 AM

Feb 2020
Those sirens were adorable. It was so nice to watch them having fun together.

Kuro actually talked. She's so cute. ^^

SerafosJan 9, 11:53 AM
Apr 28, 2021 4:26 AM
Apr 2021
dragons in space, i've seen it all now.
Apr 28, 2021 8:22 AM
Jun 2013
Mista_Roy said:
dragons in space, i've seen it all now.

Maybe not, at times when you thought you had seen everything, anime shows you something else.
Apr 28, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2021
yeah anime does that, then hentai takes it to another solar system lol. (from what i hear)
Apr 29, 2021 7:09 AM
Jun 2013
Mista_Roy said:
yeah anime does that, then hentai takes it to another solar system lol. (from what i hear)

I have watched a few hentais and some of them do surprise you.
May 29, 2021 8:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The sirens were fun but a bit too noisy xD especially during the piano scene.
Kuro is really interesting to be honest
Jan 13, 2023 5:17 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kuro doesn't know how to recieve endearment and that just crack my heart a bit. Also her being protective just ahhhh.

I like how Alphonse's story of being castaway weaved really interestingly with these sirens. Wish they would've talked to him at the end.

Apr 9, 2023 12:53 PM

Feb 2012
Kuro Appreciation episode, i approve!

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
It was alright. Nothing to special in my opinion...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

74 by Hayley2877 »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.