Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 16, 2017 2:41 AM

Nov 2008

Nope I didnt misunderstand anything; however I think you misunderstood my point likely due to my rambling nature. So ill try and give it another whirl lol. Aoba doesn't just 'get over it and woo determination' after this episode; its partially true, and partially just a good facade as noted with some stuff later. (see spoiler for some points on what I mean)

It also feels a bit empty when you get credit for stuff you dont do (ie people attracted to your game based not of your actual design or art) ; and it makes it a bit complicated (and some could argue boarding on scamish) when y ou have one person who is famous and experienced do one thing and in the game you get another ;) -

Though Aobas work is anything but Sub Par. As I said I doubt anyone in the room really wanted this choice; One could argue the reason the KVA was decided with that kind of timing was because of Christina actually trying to get Aoba into it somehow. but my PROBLEM with it was it took a 19 year old whos surrounded by skill and experience to express what those with said.. Skill and or Experience. To make a balance of sorts. Shizuku and Rin simply nodded and when yup good great; you wouldn't have known Aoba was in the room is Yagami didnt get upset; i would argue for her at times. (And I doubt Rin is used to having Kou shout her down like that)

Aoba got to gain experience and 'kinda' <-- work with Kou on learning and growing. Only because she forced the idea and the Director finally went .. oh ok I mean you auto lose but you can do it to make yourself feel better. - I fail to see why they wouldn't have easily come to the decision to involve Aoba with Kous work in that department if nothing more than observational so she can see whats expected and to gain experience- That way shes not being more or less ignored. And the Publisher gets what it wants. It took Yagami getting angry, and a 19 year old trying to push an idea for her to gain anything from this other than likely some bitterness which is still there some bits later. Im ignoring the publishing company and simply saying the company had lots of better ways to go about and maybe only worse way (not having Aoba at the meeting at all) they could have gone about it. - I expected better of Rin and Shizuku; as far as what they could do in their own sphere of authority.

Though I suppose at least Kou was in her own mind proven right - Aoba has the talent just needs the experience for as little time as she had- Aoba went miles ahead of where some thought shed go (especially in the publishing company)
sirwenceAug 16, 2017 3:15 AM
Aug 16, 2017 2:45 AM
Sep 2016
It's always so hard to see my little Aoba crying T.T
Aug 16, 2017 2:46 AM

Oct 2015
Another drama kicks in, after 2 weeks NG become another CGDCT and trying to convert people into fudanshi or straight girl into Yuri.

how brain write comment :
- It is "just" visual key and it is reasonable to use Ko's name and Fairies' fame to boost PECO's recognition and hype, that's how you sell new IP. IRL you'll do the same. (as costumer you'll prolly see the staff, developer, etc [casual might not, but hardcore/long time series player will]).

your comment if you added 'feeling' :
- Tho, I can feel Aoba cries alot, that's hurt. That feeling; as a original character designer you're being stripped down from making visual key because 'misc' reason, and then lose after trying to do the best. Seeing your 'rival' do that job with 'ease' and the result it whole another level. Poor Aoba :'(

My brain know why Christina do this, my feeling, arggh I detest her... :/

oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯
gladisrAug 16, 2017 2:51 AM
Aug 16, 2017 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
Can't help but feel bad for Aoba but it's completely understandable why they didn't want her to do it. This drama is really well done and feels real.
Aug 16, 2017 3:17 AM

Nov 2008
gladisr said:
Another drama kicks in, after 2 weeks NG become another CGDCT and trying to convert people into fudanshi or straight girl into Yuri.

how brain write comment :
- It is "just" visual key and it is reasonable to use Ko's name and Fairies' fame to boost PECO's recognition and hype, that's how you sell new IP. IRL you'll do the same. (as costumer you'll prolly see the staff, developer, etc [casual might not, but hardcore/long time series player will]).

your comment if you added 'feeling' :
- Tho, I can feel Aoba cries alot, that's hurt. That feeling; as a original character designer you're being stripped down from making visual key because 'misc' reason, and then lose after trying to do the best. Seeing your 'rival' do that job with 'ease' and the result it whole another level. Poor Aoba :'(

My brain know why Christina do this, my feeling, arggh I detest her... :/

oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't detest her; she simply lost the war and then followed orders
sirwenceAug 16, 2017 3:43 AM
Aug 16, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 2008
Fuck that shit. To me Aoba's drawing looked way better.
Aug 16, 2017 5:05 AM

Feb 2008

Okay, I understand what you mean a little bit better now. I agree with you for the most part, but unfortunately that's business. At the end of the day they need to make sure the game successfully sells. That's the problem when working with a publisher (and a large one at that). They really set the marketing rules, not the developer Eagle Jump.

AnvilMAn said:
wait hold up let me make sure i understand this correctly, not only are they not letting aoba do the key visuals but theyre not even giving her credit for character designing?!?!?!?! i would have pitched a major fit over the credits alone

Wrong. She is still getting credit for Character design. Just not Key Visual.
Aug 16, 2017 5:27 AM

Aug 2017
good episode..
the feels so real..
not only for aoba, but yagami too

人間失格
- no longer human -

Aug 16, 2017 5:28 AM
Jun 2016
The seriousness has really been ramped up this season. The company's decision, while disheartening, is sadly the reality of this business. Props to Aoba for trying though. Her design was good, but it lacked the focus and impact of Ko's. I really like the mentor-protege relationship between Aoba and Ko. You can see how much Ko cares for Aoba and I think she wants her to become even greater than herself one day.

It's also nice to see Nene's interest in programming floruishing. Perhaps in the future she and Aoba might even work together.
dqtl74Aug 16, 2017 5:38 AM
Aug 16, 2017 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
Nene debuting the game was the quintessence of CGDCT. The rest was alright too.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 16, 2017 12:18 PM

Nov 2008
Sainijon said:

Okay, I understand what you mean a little bit better now. I agree with you for the most part, but unfortunately that's business. At the end of the day they need to make sure the game successfully sells. That's the problem when working with a publisher (and a large one at that). They really set the marketing rules, not the developer Eagle Jump.

AnvilMAn said:
wait hold up let me make sure i understand this correctly, not only are they not letting aoba do the key visuals but theyre not even giving her credit for character designing?!?!?!?! i would have pitched a major fit over the credits alone

Wrong. She is still getting credit for Character design. Just not Key Visual.

Indeed; I don't disagree with you on that count (heck ive clearly seen Christina's real views on the matter); its why I was leaving them out almost entirely from my ramble lmao. I was disappointed on Eagle Jumps side; lack of ideas; actions or forward thinking. I know Kou was coming from a more 'idealistic' stand point and business is business ; but it seemed like no one at that table several with almost a decade of experience, thought for a second on 'balancing' things out within their own sphere that would have; while not undoing damage. Mitigated it; an unhappy compromise if you will?

As speaking even just from a business point they could have 'damaged' their main character designer and I don't think it would be realistic even in this anime setting to then give her all of Aobas jobs on top of being the AD *shrug* but I guess the newbie had to do that with her AD's anger to give her the courage to speak.
sirwenceAug 16, 2017 12:44 PM
Aug 16, 2017 2:44 PM

Feb 2008
Ah, some drama. In addition to that, some highly appreciated information for analysing Kou's motivations. She is quite an enigma. At least the situation was resolved in a favourable manner.

I highly enjoyed Aoba's work, though. It reflected herself.
Aug 16, 2017 4:06 PM
Dec 2015
well the second half appalled me. I turn to anime and game and other fictions means to avoid this nonsensational cruel world we live in cuz it's to painful to live sometimes. yeah some realism is good but being a mirror to our filthy world is not my cup of tea!
like all the other grown-ups I understood the reasoning of their decision and aoba's too really she is not ko and never will be she is 7-8 years behind even if we considered them equally talented aoba is at disadvantage not only because of ko's experience but also that she is surrounded with pros- if you think about fairies 1 not only ko and rin were newbies it was hazuki's first work too and also probably the company was something more like a small gaming studio so bunch of new unknown people created fairies 1 that put them on the map- but now is a different time and a cruel situation for aoba. maybe if she was in a new small company with a bunch of newbies she could spread her wings fully and walk the path of ko but then she would not have ko as her mentor!

as for aoba f**king herself over; we all do and we proudly call it growing up! you guys mentioned it too but I sometimes wonder: what if this world is broken cuz we accepted it is broken and instead of fixing we found a workaround? i mean we accept things like "you cant have everything" and others and call it being a grown up what if it was not suppose to be like that? what if we accepting these things and learning to live with them we made these rules in the first place? i mean we give up on having everything cuz thats how this world works and that how we should do to grow up and then we do the same to the next generation and things get broken Little by little over time and everyone accepts it with no questions asked!

I got carried away cuz this ep was to much real and I hate real like I said. I haven't read the manga yet but hope that this is not the direction the story heads toward I like the cute rainbow fantasy world of the first season better if I wanted drama and slice of life I would turn to my miserable life or go watch house of cards or news or something 😜
SinisterAllAug 16, 2017 4:16 PM
Aug 16, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Man... Aoba crying hit me really hard, great ep. 5/5
Aug 16, 2017 9:20 PM

Jul 2015
Christina FINALLY shows up in the dang anime, I swear she appeared like one time and vanished right after never to be seen again, which is weird because she appears in the end credits, and now that shes here, things have taken a VERY serious and VERY heavy turn, which is good. For once, they ain't just goofing around with maybe a little development... MAYBE, but are seriously growing. This was an excellent mid-season episode to get the hype train rolling down the path of feels.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 16, 2017 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta feel bad for Aoba this episode. She got the full dicking of corporate politics. Main character designer who was denied the key visual. Then the project was forced on to Yagami simply because her name attracts $ signs. Then they went full asshole and said if you don't do it we'll get some nobody freelancer to do it and throw your name on it anyway.

Whats sad is that it's shitty, but now that it's over and done with they just took their lumps and it'll probably get brushed under the rug never to be mentioned again because this is a light hearted show.

Also I gotta say, not even being biased, I thought Yagami's visual looked like shit. It's supposed to promote the game, and all you see is a bunch of stuffed bear corpses with Peco lodged in the middle. Meanwhile Aoba's visual is brighter and upbeat, showing off the some of the different bear characters, the town, the castle in the background, and an excited Peco, while still getting the point of the game across since she's in the bear costume. The only reason Yagami's won is because they were going to pick hers from the get-go. Had the drawings been reversed and Yagami drew Aoba's version, obviously that would've won.

And is it just me, or does anyone else wish this game they were making was a real game? Because it sounds fun as fuck.
Aug 17, 2017 2:00 AM

Oct 2013
Aoba messily wiping her tears away and centering herself before getting to work finishing her key visual was really well animated, there was so much conveyed without a word <3
Aug 18, 2017 8:40 AM

Dec 2015
loved the episode, mad kou is so cute i love her!! poor aoba.
Aug 19, 2017 7:05 AM

Jun 2014
Shit got real for poor Aoba.
But the lass has guts. She'll do fine.
Aug 19, 2017 12:29 PM

Sep 2015
There was a lot I thought this episode did well. And one big area where it dropped the ball. For starters I liked the conclusion to the Nene Quest arc. I remember thinking we probably wouldn't have as much time for Nene this season. But the show's not only managed to fit in a good sub plot for her already. But even introduced another old high school friend of Aoba's. Maybe it's spent a little less time on the office characters. Especially lately as a result. But even with new characters I still think this series has a good balance going.

I also really liked the main conflict this time. Will Aoba or Ko draw the key visuals? It's an interesting plot. That ties into one of the biggest problem with so many entertainment industries right now. Producers being too afraid to try out new IP. Everything has to have a foundation be it from the franchise or creators. To prove it can sell or producers won't touch it. How they used this talking point to further Ko and Aoba's relationship was pretty sharp. The one place this episode floundered for me though was the montage.

It just didn't work that well for me. I didn't feel much watching it. I thought it was too early to pull the playing the OP in the anime itself and having it feel earned. And it's purpose and tone were a little muddled. As was the passage of time it depicted for that matter. I never thought New Game was perfect. So I won't begrudge it the odd misstep. Plus I still thought the conclusion was really good. Especially Aoba fighting back her tears to keep trying. That was different and unexpected. But the montage itself was to me the biggest flop of the new season.
Aug 20, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
Awful. New Game went one and a half seasons without drama, why introduce it now?
Aug 24, 2017 7:33 PM

Apr 2014
the opening of this ep with Nene was great just Nene makes everything amazing she is just best and am loving the amount she's shown this season

also the drama this ep was pretty tense but loved how Aoba kept strong about it though when it came down to the art of the 2 Kou's was so much better imo just looking at it just made me want the game even more so but still i really liked Aoba's alot also as her's felt more like a picture used for other art like and extra that would come with the game like the art book thing thats where you would see her picture at among other pictures

anyway another great ep onto the next
"one step at a time"
Aug 29, 2017 9:07 AM

Aug 2017
Really enjoyed Nene this season, just so adorable when showing off her new game.

An actual plot development was unexpected, and wasn't surprised that Yagami won at all. Too bad for Aoba, but I guess it reflects on how the real world is, reputation > goodness.

There are two people in the OP who have yet to appear in the anime halfway into the season, I wonder when they will appear. The OP being near the end this episode with different animation probably signals the end of an arc, so maybe we'll see them next episode.
Sep 1, 2017 4:26 AM
Jul 2012
I prefer Aoba's design to be honest. I feel more inclined to buying a game that looks like that rather than the one Kou made.

But I believe my tastes and opinions are generally rather unusual lol.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Sep 7, 2017 12:14 AM

Jul 2011
8 years vs 1 year, IMO together they would do better than doing competitions. Kou respect Aoba much, so she gave a chance for her. I just wonder how it goes...

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 9, 2017 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Nene is so cute! I am glad her game worked!

That was really low! To let the promotion to Kou and Aoba not getting the credit...
Sep 12, 2017 11:51 AM

Nov 2011
The fact that this second series of anime, besides comedy, also has a very serious side in history, is giving it a greater thickness in terms of usability. Nene's character is, in my opinion, irreplaceable in the anime series. Really good main characters, their characterization is really good. The key visual of Yagami can explain well what the game is going to be, but also Aoba's work is not underestimated. Really cute, Aoba in Bear version. <3
Oct 3, 2017 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
I'm kind of glad Aoba didn't win. It would have felt weird if she drew something better than Kou who has been at this job for 8 or so years. Also, like somebody already analyzed it, Kou's art was "unfortunately" better for something that's meant to increase interest and sales.
Still, Aoba is learning more and more about what she should do, and how to find her own style, which is pretty much the point of this show, so that's good.

Razzee said:
She says "プレイして" (play + to do?), it is a verb?

I'm probably late with the answer, but yes, Japanese people often use pureisuru (from play + suru, as "to play") for playing games, or even other things, like we use it. It's one of their many loanwords :)
Oct 4, 2017 5:54 PM

Apr 2017
Smudy said:
I'm not sure yet which illustration i prefer, what do you guys think after seeing both?

i'd go for yagami's. it had more flair to it. Aoba's was definitely really nice, but not as striking as peco cutting through bear plushies on a dark red bg
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Oct 9, 2017 2:19 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid episode and development, looking forwards to see what's next!
Nov 13, 2017 12:48 PM

Sep 2014
Yay! Nenecchi's game is finished!

Poor Aoba didn't get to do the key visual, but I think she learnt a lot from the experience. Her drawing was great (Kou liked it a lot, actually), but even Aoba herself understood that Kou's illustration was better for a promotional use. I liked Aoba's work more than Kou's, but maybe it looked too comfy. Kou's one was much more striking and had a lot of impact, so it's better marketing oriented.

The meeting was quite hostile for Aoba, but I want to believe that the fact that she was allowed to spend almost a whole week of work just doing an illustration that will never be used (which would be an absurd waste of the company's time and money) was actually a way to invest in Aoba's progress. I can feel that Kou respects her more now. I also understand Rin and the rest. The whole situation isn't fair for Aoba at all and none of them had to deal with such a punishing frustration when they were young and they should notice this. Maybe they would have liked to see Aoba's work, but they can't risk flopping a new franchise (and therefore risk losing the company's money) before it's even launched. That's how business works and being so pragmatic feels unfair, but at least Aoba will still appear in the credits and she's in good terms with Kou and her closest co-workers, which is very imporant.

P.S.: Dem references (SEGA, Splatoon, etc.) Nice!
Nov 15, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2012
Well, it's obvious that they market it under name of known author rather than new one. The name sells. In fact, for Aoba it would be a lot better starting position after the game goes out as people would link her with Yagami automatically in her next game if Peco is success. And then she'll get her chance to shine because she would be known already.
Nov 17, 2017 6:49 AM

Jun 2016

Nenecchi as always is so fucking adorable. Waaaah. So proud of her she finished the game and her two precious friends, Aoba and Hotarun, were so into it and enjoyed it.

Maaan, I feel Aoba throughout this episode. The drama was too much for me. I mean she's competing against her idol then her work is great, tbh, but when she saw Yagami's work, it just ohmygod she cried. When she started crying, I cried, too, because I feel the pressure surrounding her because yeah Yagami is on the another level like damn. But gambare, baby Aoba! Don't give up. :')

I s2g this anime made me appreciate every video games out there especially the ones I loved because of the amount of hard-work they put into it to make the fans happy. Waaah.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 3, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
I wonder if they'll show Aoba's designs...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 15, 2017 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
"My favorite is the boxing gorilla!" My favorite is your boobs in that outfit, Hajime. :3

Why is Nene so nervous to show Aoba her work? Like Aoba's going to say anything negative about her best friend's game...

"Check it out, the title's in 3D!" That font is traaaaaash.

They took the main designer job from Aoba and gave it to Kou just to get some good marketing? That's fucked up!

"It's the best way to ensure profit." Or you could just have faith in the goddamn game.

Wait...so they're having a competition that won't change anything because the decision's already been made? Reminds me of the net neutrality comments.

"A bitter experience here and there is nothing I can't handle." I'm sure Aoba thought of that off the top of her head after deciding to just chug the black coffee. Pretty smart though.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 17, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2012
this pissed me off :D

Kou should have said if u do that the hole team will stand still wont work & u have to cancel the game :)

that what i would have said in Kou's shoes

second option Kou lets Aoba do it later says Aoba did it not me & new u have 2 choices accept the work or cancel the game
Sugram22Dec 17, 2017 12:10 PM
Dec 30, 2017 2:25 AM

Mar 2015
Such is the financial world of entertainment and sales, I guess!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 14, 2019 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
They made Aoba cry? Those bastards!
Didn't expect this many feels from a New Game episode, really liked it. As usual, if a lot of money is involved feelings have to take the backseat.
Apr 29, 2020 10:56 AM

Feb 2018
Not bad, nice try.... Make a new game is si hard
Jun 17, 2021 7:27 AM
Jul 2019
Honestly, Aoba is one of the most annoying characters I have ever seen in an anime. I also am an artist and want to work in game industry as a character designer.

Her character design really was not worth the attention it got. Yagami's was far better in all aspects. Her character designs showed personality, they included dynamics, and she was only rejected because they were similar to Fairies Story art but how stupid can you be? She was the main character design behind Fairies Story for so many years and you can't just throw that away. After all, your company is there thanks to her art.

Just because Aoba drew some girl in a bear suit (which I just doodle on the sides of my notebooks all the time when I get bored and I swear those doodles have more personality and story in them) had nothing to show.

It was also damaging to Yagami's reputation when they credited her for such a boring, crappy art to be honest. She worked so hard to build that reputation, fought her way to top when she had all those other people around her. Aoba did not even create her designs herself. It was all Yagami's ideas that made the designs better.

Aoba always thinks she is good enough, she can do it but she never thinks of the things she has to learn. Like when she watched Hifumi telling her to ask anything she needs about the design. And she got pissed when she asked Yagami instead and could not take part in the conversation. I mean, you only worked there for a year at most, you even had no idea about the basic stuff about modeling or designing a character. Know your place. They are superior to you and you should just sit back and learn. Of course she does that but after all that getting annoyed, angry and pissed off phase which is really annoying to watch.

I also feel bad for Nene for getting so nervous and when Aoba told her that she could ask Aoba for drawing stuff for the game. It is the last thing you should tell a person who worked her *** off to make a game and wanted to surprise you for it. I would hate it if someone told something like that to me.

Aoba is no professional and I really don't get this "Poor Aoba" thing. There are more talented, better people than her so instead of whining whenever things don't go her way, she should shut up and work to get there.

Mar 25, 2022 6:51 AM
Jan 2021
I honestly think even though it was a rigged match. It was a close victory by Yagami. But I honestly like Aoba's key visual better.
jerarudokagaoanMar 25, 2022 6:55 AM
Jun 5, 2022 9:30 AM

Feb 2020
Nene looked so adorable with her cat pillow. :3

Yum! I would love to taste those parfaits.

Nene finally finished her game. Good job, girl! Aoba and Hotarun seemed to like it. :)

Poor Aoba. It was so sad to see her cry. Well, she did her very best. I liked her key visuals as much as Ko's.

SerafosApr 3, 8:34 AM
Aug 27, 2022 12:31 AM

May 2009
Wow, that was a powerful episode.

That pressure...I probably would not have gotten this as a kid. As an adult, though...I know that feel, oh gosh.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 27, 2022 1:06 AM

May 2009
Personally I preferred Aoba's picture over Kou's picture, honestly. I find it more engrossing, and it'd be more likely to make me curious about the game. Particularly given that this whole stuffed bear theme is not something I'm really a fan of personally (though I have no problem with the show running with it, because that's what Hazuki ordered them to do and when the boss says to do it you do it).

Sainijon said:
BTW this whole episode reminds me of Compile Heart's Fairy Fencer F. In that game Yoshitaka Amano (Of Final Fantasy Fame) was used to promote the game despite only working on 2 pieces of concept art, while Tsunako (Character designer of the Neptunia series) was the main character designer (which was more of what people actually saw of the game.)
I didn't know that about FFF!

That said, I would suspect that Tsunako might already have been famous by the time FFF was around, depending on when FFF was developed. FFF was released in 2013, while the first Neptunia game was released in 2010.

DuoraDoll said:
Christina FINALLY shows up in the dang anime, I swear she appeared like one time and vanished right after never to be seen again, which is weird because she appears in the end credits, and now that shes here, things have taken a VERY serious and VERY heavy turn, which is good. For once, they ain't just goofing around with maybe a little development... MAYBE, but are seriously growing. This was an excellent mid-season episode to get the hype train rolling down the path of feels.
She showed up briefly in a previous episode as well. Not as much as this one though.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 1, 2022 10:54 PM

Oct 2022
Damn season 2 is really becoming heavy, they're starting to forget it's still a "cute girls doing cute things" genre...

Commenting about the key visual feud, i really feel that Yagami had advantage since she has experience on field (she portrayed the fluffyness plus the main mechanic of the game)... Tho i also felt that Aoba's piece was more detailed, she missed the main thing of it but portrayed what it could be the town of the game...
Jan 10, 2023 3:14 AM

Sep 2018
Teared up at the end, this show portrays ambivalence really well, a lot more depth of emotion this season. Some people may not like it, but I enjoy the sudden tonal shifts. 
Feb 16, 2023 3:05 PM

Aug 2020
Probably the best episode of the season so far. Nene finished her game and showed some growth. And Kou vs Aoba regarding the Key Visual was a pretty cruel but good twist. Seeing her overcome her lack of confidence despite battling against near impossible odds, even though she didn't win, she gained valuable experience.
Aug 18, 2023 2:21 AM
Feb 2016
I'm not sure if it was the director or whatever... and how the episode was directed or written, I just relate to whatever Aoba felt when she saw Yagami's illustration. I'm not artistic and I have nothing to relate at all in this anime but maybe there's something psychological around it that I've felt before. That feeling of doing your best and then seeing someone do better seemingly, effortlessly. Like sorry i LOVE AOBA and her art but as an average cute moe enjoy-er I would buy the game when i see Yagami's illustration.
OhNovaAug 18, 2023 2:25 AM
Oct 23, 2023 11:13 PM

Oct 2022
At the end of the day, experience always outranks passion, no matter how gifted the less-experienced party may be. Such is the case with Yagami and Aoba in this episode.
Apr 6, 7:06 AM
Jan 2023
Oh my, this was quite the episode, and my favourite so far!

Nene finished her game and surprised Aoba with it.

This episode shows just how far Aoba has come, but also shows how management can be a nightmare, the dark side of game production...

Not sure if I'm understanding it correctly, but is Aoba not being credited correctly for being character designer or something, I mean she's already had the chance to make the key visual taken away from her, so what's next?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

160 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 27, 4:31 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2017

80 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 27, 1:38 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

84 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 25, 1:37 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2017

87 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 4:20 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2017

72 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.