Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 16, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2015
Naegi homunculus finally awaken just use your hope already

Whoahoho said:

Whats missing here???????How about Ruler's underwear.

What are you talking about you can a bra but not sure its that a panties
Into the Internet!
Jul 16, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2014
the big guy with the glasses isn't the mc? disappoint
Jul 16, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
Astolfo is a bomb character.
Jul 16, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
The homoculus is the most interesting character so far. Opening sounds like the same people that did Another.
Jul 16, 2017 2:04 PM

Jun 2014
Lol it was pretty hilarious how Astolfo just straight told the guards that he didn't know the whereabouts of the homunculus even though he had him slung over his shoulder.

Pretty cool fight between Siegfried and Karna, even if it was really short. I found it weird though how Siegfried revealed his identity before even telling his own allies. We also got to see his backstory, which was nice as well.

Now it looks like the Black Faction is planning to manipulate Red Berserker.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2017 2:11 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The fight between Saber of Black and Lancer of Red was pretty awesome. It was also really nice how they integrated Saber of Black's backstory into the fight. The animation was great especially with all those flashy explosions.

Joan is quite resolute on being neutral, Saber of Black's master tried so hard to get her on his side. xD

I found it funny that Astolfo just told off the guards and they left without a word especially when he was carrying the homunculus's body, nice of him to help out though.

More Mordred is always good. <3
Jul 16, 2017 2:21 PM
Mar 2017
Aredros said:
Fai said:
See ufo? Characters can actually THINK! And HAVE THOUGHTS! WHILE FIGHTING! Imagine THAT! Now it remains to be seen in A1 remembers characters have thoughts in longer fights too or if they will go all ufo and leave people guessing why things are happening.

Also servant flashbacks? Yass. Again, if this was Ufo we would get some characters walking past some random shitty dimly lit mural instead of actually seeing the past.

To be honest I prefer ufo style... leaving hints but not showing directly, and leaving space for the imagination of the viewer -besides, most servants in fate are well known historical figures, so you can get easily a lot of the context and interpret it (all the "memories" scenes in Zero and UBW were really smart managed... but this flashback... didnt convince me.

Still loving this show (despite the Nascar pace) and Red Saber team... Already hating MC-Homuncu-chan
Well I am tired of exxecive flashbacks. But I do what to know what characters are thinking.
Jul 16, 2017 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
Frankenstein is really kawaii.
Jul 16, 2017 2:33 PM

May 2015
Pretty nice short battle between Red Lancer and Black Saber. Quite a tame episode other than that, but it was good for what it was. Seems like MC-kun also made his entrance.

Jul 16, 2017 3:02 PM

Jun 2017
This episode was good. Learned more about the characters, and finally got to see the other main cast member. I didn't really like the Siegfried and Karna though, too short with too many explosions. Watching Mordred squirm on the floor was funny.
Jul 16, 2017 3:12 PM

Apr 2016
First of all, my hears hurt after that fight between Siegfried and Karna.

This was a really great episode. I just love it when they start the episode with a trap character getting sexually molested against his will (or did he consent? I don't care, gimme something more explicit)

The fight between Siegfried and Karna was really good, but it was too short. Also, as mentioned before my ears hurt.
What the hell were they thinking revealing their true names to each other? I didn't see any of this shit in other Fate anime.
Fran-chan, Astolfo and Mordred were cute as always. Need more moe-ness.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 16, 2017 3:13 PM

Sep 2015
Jean is so hot ! ;-;
Jul 16, 2017 3:18 PM

Oct 2014
Franchan tho

And from now on i shall call Mordred Saberban
Jul 16, 2017 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
Sigh, another stupid episode...

- absolutely random licking scene in the beginning
- the guards actually believed her while carrying hommunculus over hear shoulder, like really? /facepalm
- another superfluos fight of two servants that was pretty pointless and it could have been cut without any loss (pathetic master and edgy servants included)
- another "I will tell you my wish, so tell me yours" series of scenes with flashback, those are getting old pretty fast
- both berserkers are pretty miserable chracters in my book, one is a raging idiot and the another speechless cute little thingie
- needless Mordred fanservice funny iducing rolling scene, why?

This gets worse and worse with each coming episode...
Jul 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
Mich666 said:

- the guards actually believed her while carrying hommunculus over hear shoulder, like really? /facepalm
- another superfluos fight of two servants that was pretty pointless and it could have been cut without any loss (pathetic master and edgy servants included)
- another "I will tell you my wish, so tell me yours" series of scenes with flashback, those are getting old pretty fast
- both berserkers are pretty miserable chracters in my book, one is a raging idiot and the another speechless cute little thingie

- Not really random, the entire first 4 minutes were about Astolfo and the Humunculous. Seeing Astolfo with his master isnt random. You're just hating on who his master is for some reason.

- What are they gonna do? They're literal garbage. Astolfo could probably kill them and no one there would care. They probably even believe him because they arent made to question authority.

- You sound pretty edgy for hating the fight for literal no reason besides that you hate it.

- Theres 14 masters/servants, they all have stories. Get used to it.

- What?

- Fanservice? Again, What?

Sounds like you literally decided you hate everything about the anime a long time ago. It doesnt matter what happens next, you already decided you're gonna hate it. You should probably take a chill pill bro. If you already decided you will hate everything just drop the anime?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2017 3:50 PM
Jun 2016
OMG why you end the ep in the most hype part... well really good ep I relly like it
the battle oooouu my god was really cool I need 1080p so bad for those battles Aka no Lancer looks so damn cool

I LOVE KURO NO BERSEKER
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2017 3:51 PM

Aug 2010
Omkar_Nagwade said:
What the hell were they thinking revealing their true names to each other? I didn't see any of this shit in other Fate anime.

Well, Karna revealed his name first and Siegfried is really honorable, so he responded in kind. At least that's what i can get from his character.
astroprogsJul 16, 2017 3:54 PM
Jul 16, 2017 4:06 PM

Jan 2016
I can't belivee how well A-1 are animating this! Beyond my expectations. I enjoy aka no saber scenes sooooooooo much. She's such a fun character and I love the way she speaks.
Jul 16, 2017 4:17 PM
Jul 2017
It feel weird for Karna to reveal his name. I mean he has "uncrowned arms mastership" which make all his stat below 1 rank than his original as long his name is not revealed

But again, knowing Karna, he doesnt mind to reveal his name in the first place. I mean, is there any servant other than gilgamesh with his EA can kill Karna with his Kavacha & Kundala lol
Jul 16, 2017 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
Whoahoho said:

Whats missing here???????How about Ruler's underwear.

Commando af boiiii
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 16, 2017 4:22 PM

Aug 2013
BandWidth said:
It feel weird for Karna to reveal his name. I mean he has "uncrowned arms mastership" which make all his stat below 1 rank than his original as long his name is not revealed

But again, knowing Karna, he doesnt mind to reveal his name in the first place. I mean, is there any servant other than gilgamesh with his EA can kill Karna with his Kavacha & Kundala lol

And that Vasavi Shakti game XD
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 16, 2017 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
So unless you were really paying attention to the fight in small frames, the fight scene with Karna and Siegfried wasn't too bad. It was decent but man the sound effects just bleh...god stop. Other than that, pretty much more expository stuff. Seems like Shiro is the lowkey bad guy on the Red Faction to me. As for the Black Faction, Frankenstein is best. Protect that girl. Too cute, give her a hug already. My only real gripe was Karna dropping his name so casually like that to Siegfried. It's like...ayyy congrats on nerfing yourself. But hey, we gotta have that arrogant character in a Fate series. Mandatory as hell.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 16, 2017 4:33 PM

Aug 2016
I really enjoyed it. At first episode I wasn't sold on it but now im really liking it so far.

Jul 16, 2017 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa! :O this episode was much serious and seems to moving into dark plot by increase pacing a little more than the last one. We have got to learn many wishes which some of where badass and some kinda romantic. ANyway, the sound effect during the battle was awesome! (Reminds me of Youjo Senki)
Not to mention,after learning Saber( of something?)'s back story from the battle, he is my first servant that I start to like in this show. Jenne has potential(but she didn't yet grew on me :\)

Mich666 said:

- that licking stuff maybe a fan service or depicting how badass evil she is.
- Since she was servant,who are highly superior than the guards, so guards trusted her.
- If my memory serves right, older fate series used to rely on these 'superfluous' to describe the servant's nature. Who knows this fight can be related later on the show.
- Yes, it's not surprising to see that this one is "another "I will tell you my wish, so tell me yours" series of scenes with flashback" and this is 25 episode, so adding extreneous detail now will result to end up rushing to the last episodes which we don't ever want in any anime.
- They tried to make different unique character personality. Who would like same traits for each berserker? Maybe later episodes, they will get more development as plot get twist.
- that was Mordred's fanservice? Seriously? well its upto you what you think.

Maybe you are just watching this show with hate intention. You should just drop it maybe this show wasn't suited to you (or some people). You will never like it no matter how good it turns out.

removed-userJul 16, 2017 5:07 PM
Jul 16, 2017 5:00 PM

Apr 2012
One thing about the guards not questioning Astolfo carrying the homunculus is that they actually called him "Rider-sama", showing that he's of a lordly position to them. The subs don't seem to convey that, but basically, he's one of the great hero servants on their side and their superior. Who can also technically just kill them and probably get away with it if he had that kind of personality. They're just grunts. Even if they can blatantly see the homunculus, if your superior says no to your face, then you accept it as a no and move on. Astolfo's authority is no less than the caster asking them to search.
Jul 16, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2015
I SWEAR A GOD!!!! THEY ARE USING THIS FARTING NOISE TO OFTEN IT'S DEF. TO LOUD. I HURTS MY EARS AS HELL!!!!

Anyway

Haron looks like good guy.

Fem. Berserker is cute as fuck.

Spartacus is rushing B!!!!

Mordred is cute too :D.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 16, 2017 5:16 PM

Apr 2015
I swear Siegfried, Chiron, and Karna have such dead faces in the anime
I'm not sure if I'm just expecting too much or anything but they look so damn bored. Siegfried I kinda get from seeing his personality in GO but like

I swear Karna felt 10x cooler in the little bit I played of CCC, not to mention every other appearance (GO, Extella). Maybe the anime just doesn't draw him right, I don't know. (Wada is bae.)

In general this was the first episode I didn't enjoy that much. I don't like the Humunculus (I know a lot of people don't) but i don't hate him yet, he has room to grow, so I'm going to stay optimistic, but bleh.

Fran+her master was adorable and Mordred once again is rarin' to go. She and her master have the best relationship so far, lmao.

EDIT: also its been said before but fuck that sound effect god. Made an okay fight scene into something just frustrating.
EmphaticPikachuJul 16, 2017 5:22 PM
Jul 16, 2017 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. The life of a Homunculi is short & terrible.
Ruler looks great in her armor. R.I.P her clothes.
Aka no Lancer vs Kuro no Saber was cool.

Aka no Berserker going straight for the Black Team.
LOL Mordred acting like a child.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 16, 2017 5:41 PM
Jul 2017
EmphaticPikachu said:
I swear Siegfried, Chiron, and Karna have such dead faces in the anime

Chiron personality is closer to wise man. So having a dead face is pretty..... normal
Cant wait to see him fighting against rider of red

For Siegfried and Karna..... im pretty sure having an immortal armor and miserable life make you dead inside lol

EmphaticPikachu said:
I swear Karna felt 10x cooler in the little bit I played of CCC, not to mention every other appearance (GO, Extella). Maybe the anime just doesn't draw him right, I don't know. (Wada is bae.)

ikr
Wada and pako artwort can make Karna look more cooler and badass
bless for both of them
Jul 16, 2017 6:16 PM

Jan 2012
ear rape explosions (\(>_<)/)
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 16, 2017 7:03 PM

May 2014
why are Berserker and Caules so frickin' cute tho
I really loved the OST that played when Fran and Caules were in the garden...it was pretty beautiful.

Astolfo is just so sweet- helped the homunculus no questions asked :')

It was also great to see a bit of backstory for some of the servants including Fran & Siegfried. Hopefully, given the amount of episodes, we can get that for a majority of the Servants.

The Mordred/Kairi bromance is getting stronger by the episode and I love it.

Jul 16, 2017 7:24 PM
Jan 2017
It took 3 episodes, but finally, our protagonist enters the scene. I feel bad for Sieg; thrust into circumstances beyond his control, told he has a very short lifespan and even lacking a purpose to live, it's easy to sympathize with his character. The same goes for Fiore and Caules, even Frankenstein's Monster gets her fair share of sympathy. Is it wrong for me to want the other Universal monsters to join the Fate series?

The castle workers must have been pretty dumb to fall for Astolfo's trick. He was carrying Sieg on his back and they didn't notice!

The fight between Karna and Siegfried was a major highlight and a testament of the series' well-deserved reputation for high-stakes action setpieces.

Sisigou and Mordred's relationship is that of a parent and child, and even they are aware of that, even if it's for comedic effect, at least for now.

For now, I'm glad the series is focusing on character exploration instead of thrusting full into the action.
Jul 16, 2017 7:36 PM

Jan 2009
nice sakuga fight between Karna and Siegfried
and that homonculi is the main protagonist eh
Jul 16, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
Jeez, Frankenstein has so much waifu potential I don't know why I've never seen her before.

Jul 16, 2017 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
Siegfried is just another Seigi no Mikata that didn't end so well. No wonder Suwabe voices him.

Jul 16, 2017 8:42 PM

Apr 2012
I just realized something about Karna. He's incredibly noble and honorable, but seems to be on the villainous side right now because he's committed to following through with his contract to his Master. That's very accurate to his legend where he was basically on the wrong side, knew that, but nonetheless kept serving due to his loyalty in honoring things through.
Jul 16, 2017 9:54 PM

Feb 2015
astroprogs said:

That reminds me, WHY THE FUCK DID SIEGFRIED JUST NAME HIMSELF!!!?? I mean, you didn't even tell it to your allies. Who wrote this script?

Karna named himself first, so it was more of a respect thing similar to Saber from /Stay Night and /Zero. His master probably wasn't cool with it, but Siegfried probably just did it without thinking as his knightly duty would have him do.
Jul 16, 2017 10:10 PM

Jan 2017
First of all: RIP headphone users

Episode was pretty good, although I question the more licking of Astolfo at the beginning

More Mordred is always good (I want more of Mordred and Kairi really)

McHomunculus is finally here as well (Astolfo helping him was really sweet of him)

Siegfried and Karna's fight was very well-animated, although I would have liked it a tad longer and

CC9ers said:
astroprogs said:

That reminds me, WHY THE FUCK DID SIEGFRIED JUST NAME HIMSELF!!!?? I mean, you didn't even tell it to your allies. Who wrote this script?

Karna named himself first, so it was more of a respect thing similar to Saber from /Stay Night and /Zero. His master probably wasn't cool with it, but Siegfried probably just did it without thinking as his knightly duty would have him do.

I agree with you on this one

Overall a pretty solid episode
Jul 16, 2017 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
That little fight was really fun to watch.

I'm curious what role the homunculus is going to play.

Mordred acting like a kid was funny to watch.
Jul 16, 2017 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
whoa that fight was amazing
Jul 16, 2017 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
>son of the sun god
>hottest character in the series
WELL FUCKING PLAYED
silverwallsJul 16, 2017 10:32 PM
Jul 16, 2017 11:24 PM

Apr 2017
SkyDrop said:
Whoa! :O this episode was much serious and seems to moving into dark plot by increase pacing a little more than the last one. We have got to learn many wishes which some of where badass and some kinda romantic. ANyway, the sound effect during the battle was awesome! (Reminds me of Youjo Senki)
Not to mention,after learning Saber( of something?)'s back story from the battle, he is my first servant that I start to like in this show. Jenne has potential(but she didn't yet grew on me :\)

Mich666 said:

- that licking stuff maybe a fan service or depicting how badass evil she is.
- Since she was servant,who are highly superior than the guards, so guards trusted her.
- If my memory serves right, older fate series used to rely on these 'superfluous' to describe the servant's nature. Who knows this fight can be related later on the show.
- Yes, it's not surprising to see that this one is "another "I will tell you my wish, so tell me yours" series of scenes with flashback" and this is 25 episode, so adding extreneous detail now will result to end up rushing to the last episodes which we don't ever want in any anime.
- They tried to make different unique character personality. Who would like same traits for each berserker? Maybe later episodes, they will get more development as plot get twist.
- that was Mordred's fanservice? Seriously? well its upto you what you think.

Maybe you are just watching this show with hate intention. You should just drop it maybe this show wasn't suited to you (or some people). You will never like it no matter how good it turns out.

Why, when some sort of criticism appears (which is usually pretty rare) people jump to conclusion? I do not think anyone would watch anything unpleasant just to hate it. For example I do share some of his opinions too and hope it turns around, because so far I am dissapointed.

- I think licking him (I believe it looks like you think Astolfo is a girl - sorry, you have been trapped and now you might have a different view on this licking issue) replenishes Astolfo's mana quicker. It is unfortunate that it has to be through this odd pervert way, it is cringy. I do not mind these scenes cut off. Once was enough.
- The guards meeting Astolfo with the homunculus is downright dumb. They either have to be blind, idiotic or do not care about any loyalty. They had an order and if it didn't involve stopping Astolfo, at the least they should tell caster. Even Astolfo's "Hey, why not save him?" doesn't really have any sound purpose, which I also don't like.
- It is kind of Mordred fanservice. Those moments were made to like her more, see her blush, make her more adorable. The only important info of that scene was the message sent to them, everything else was free to little modifications depending how the studio wants both of them to be accepted by the audience.
Jul 16, 2017 11:51 PM

Dec 2013
Absolutely loving Chiron and Astolfo's characters right now. The former is noble and the later just does whatever the hell he wants, regardless of whether it interferes with his fellow servants plans. Their chemistry is fun to watch as well.

The Karna v Sigmund fight was way too short to be honest. It didn't show enough collateral destruction, nor did it showcase much of either's power. The inner monologue and background for Sigmund was alright, even though it didn't showcase his whole past.

As for the Red faction, it's pretty damn obvious that Kotomine Shiro is pulling strings by controlling the other masters here. I just wonder if they've been brianwashed or whether they're just reanimated corpses now. I find it hard to see how he can make servants like Karna respond to him otherwise.

Mo-Chan and Fran-chan are still beating each other up for the top Tsundere spot this week, though I give Fran-chan the edge here because we squeezed her past story out of her. Self Immolation eh? That's a really sad way to go...

Next episode should be a decent fight, though Spartacus' grin still creeps me out. Wouldn't mind seeing Kotomine lose a pawn.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 17, 2017 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
Ruler is an awesome

Jul 17, 2017 12:13 AM

Dec 2008
which source material it follows(mby it doesn't) about revealing their names to each other? didn't see that in manga and haven't read ln yet
dank meme
Jul 17, 2017 12:36 AM

Jun 2013
So much haters.... and for all the wrong reasons.

This episode was solid, there was only one thing I hated and those who read this part in LN and manga will know what I am talking about.

But the rest:

-Male MC is finally starting to appear.
-Character development for a lot of people which is always nice.
-We see historical background of servants which is nice.
-Astolfo, Mordred and Franki are as cute as always.
-Poor Jeanne and her clothing.

As for the fight being too short - it is not important at all and it's entire purpose was to introduce Ruler to the War. People just need to be patient if they want proper fight, they will be here soon enough.

Also this, from Facebook Saber page:

Jul 17, 2017 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
Decent episode, not much happening cause still the opening part. Cool fight, but obviously postponed so it was pretty short. Mordred's part was the best =/
Jul 17, 2017 2:53 AM

Jan 2016
Really like seeing Astolfo helping Sieg. I guess he's a nice guy huh even though he's a trap.
The fighting scene is great too with a loud sound effect.
And I have to say the difference between berseker of two faction is too sad.
Jul 17, 2017 4:36 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that fight was once again terrible, and was ended in the most arbitrary and stupid fashion possible. Also, it was unbelievably idiotic that the castle staff could not see the fact that Rider was obviously carrying the Homunculus on his shoulder; seriously, he wasn't even trying to hide him, so it's just plain lazy that he wan't noticed. On the bright side, this new Homunculus guy is by far the most interesting aspect of this show at this point, as nothing else is really working for me at all. To be fair, I like Frankenstein as well at this point, as it's nice to see a Berserker that isn't just constantly crazy (like the one who we saw briefly at the end of the episode in the forest).
AtavisticJul 17, 2017 4:45 AM
Jul 17, 2017 5:01 AM
May 2017
Mordred is Best girl
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.