Forum Settings
Forums

manga getting axed because the anime failed to amuse japanese audience (who have shit taste)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2017 12:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
That's funny.
I feel bad for the fans but actually not really because it shows that Japan has some decent taste sometimes and gives me hope for future seasons :>.

don't make me kill you >:(

HaXXspetten said:
Anyone who didn't buy any manga volumes or anime BDs (or other relevant merchandise) of it has no right to complain about anything getting axed

That's the cold hard truth here I'm afraid

i have vol 1-5 of the BD and vol 1 and 2 of the manga as well as the official dakimakura

even the ecchi lord alone wasn't enough :(
Apr 21, 2017 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Anyone who didn't buy any manga volumes or anime BDs (or other relevant merchandise) of it has no right to complain about anything getting axed

^^^

Like the fuck is this bullshit lmao.

I'm sure 99% of you people in here haven't bought a single Keijo volume or an anime BD (which is the reason why it got axed in the first place).

If you call Japan shit taste pleb plains (which they are) for not buying Keijo shit and you didn't buy the Keijo shit either (which you didn't), you are pretty much the same thing as well.
Apr 21, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
Pullman said:
That's funny.
I feel bad for the fans but actually not really because it shows that Japan has some decent taste sometimes and gives me hope for future seasons :>.

HaXXspetten said:

i have vol 1-5 of the BD and vol 1 and 2 of the manga as well as the official dakimakura

what's the official dakimakura
show me plz
i've been thinking about getting a fuckpillow
Apr 21, 2017 12:34 PM
Dec 2013
Damn. Never heard anything like this happen before. A well-received manga being cancelled because its anime adaptation sold poorly? I feel bad for the mangaka because this is pretty unfair. I worry about future manga getting anime adaptations, since those manga might get axed because of the anime, even if the manga is successful.
wildhoodApr 22, 2017 5:19 AM
Apr 21, 2017 12:34 PM

Sep 2015
If this is true, brutal. Keijo anime was what got me to read the manga and now I'm sad that it's getting the pull. :(
Apr 21, 2017 12:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

show me plz

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00139342&page=top

jarring said:
keijo is one of the only ecchi themed anime that is actually any good.

yea? well, you know...

thats just like uh....

your opinion, man....
Apr 21, 2017 12:39 PM

May 2016
Noooo poor chicken nuggets ;_;
They didn't do anything wrong /cri
Apr 21, 2017 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

show me plz

jarring said:
keijo is one of the only ecchi themed anime that is actually any good.

yea? well, you know...

thats just like uh....

your opinion, man....

back-order huh
surprised to see the purple haired girl. that one was my favorite.
i might actually get that one if she's on the back and front.
Apr 21, 2017 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Shrimperor said:
>complaining about a shit series getting axed

stay classy, MAL.
What a fucking savage you are, Shrimp xD

As much as I dislike keijo, that's a poor troll attempt tbh, since it doesn't even come close to the original focus of this thread. Mal has really bad baiters, nobody even picked him up lel
Apr 21, 2017 12:44 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

yea? well, you know...

thats just like uh....

your opinion, man....

back-order huh

yea, she was the sexiest girl...

theyre both on either side just like it shows lol
Apr 21, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

back-order huh

ahhh damn that's a shame. oh well.
so it's white hair girl on one side and purple hair on the other
i'm bad with names T.T

idk i'd might consider still getting it. depends on price. i wouldn't drop over 30 bucks on it
Apr 21, 2017 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
The manga didn't sell well either which is sad, however a heterosexual or bi male otaku has a lot to choose from for fanservice, heck idol anime can be considered fanservice making things worse for Keijo.

Apr 21, 2017 12:51 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

i'm bad with names T.T

idk i'd might consider still getting it. depends on price. i wouldn't drop over 30 bucks on it

Sayaka and Kawai lol

PFFT, i'd spend 100 on it.. although i don't remember how much i bought it for, i think it was around 60
Apr 21, 2017 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

i'm bad with names T.T

Sayaka and Kawai lol

PFFT, i'd spend 100 on it.. although i don't remember how much i bought it for, i think it was around 60

hmm.. yeah i guess it would be pretty pricey considering it's like a novelty item. and i won't be getting another one.
Apr 21, 2017 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
What the heck? Why did you do that to the chicken nuggets? What a waste.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Apr 21, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
GangsterCat said:
this morning I checked reddit for news and stuff, I read that Keijo!!!!!!!!!!, my favorite manga that I even followed the raw releases is getting axed because the japanese audience (shit taste audience) don't really buy the anime even though the manga is doing pretty fine and Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the news this morning. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Keijo!!!!!!!!! getting axed? This can’t be happening. I’m having a fucking breakdown. I don’t want to believe the animanga industry is so shit. I want a great manga to read. I want Keijo!!!!!!!!!!!! to be top selling manga and fix this broken industry. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought it was ranked well in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine???? This is so fucked.

WTF MAN I'M HAVING A MENTAL BREAKDOWN RIGHT NOW

You deserve this. You are always in threads telling people how foolish they are for supporting the industry, and now your favorite manga is cancelled because of bad sales. It's quite poetic, really.
Apr 21, 2017 1:30 PM

Sep 2015
The news you reading might be incorrect, the author simply has nothng to draw anymore and the sales has always been average. I doubt the anime has anything to do with it. Manga and anime are both seperate, so even if anime sold less, it won't lower the manga sales but increase instead. *An adaptation will only increase the manga sales any amount regardless of the anime popularity.

Well whether it was axed or not, the manga will still come to an end because the content/plot has hit the top stage(nothing more to draw). Currently(latest chapter 176) Nozomi is fighting at the last stage against the strongest Keijo player, the 5 strongest Keijo beaten and Nozomi is and will attain the strongest title, the story needs to end somewhere. There are no more stories to go beyond that because the sports are only in Japan, basically Nozomi cannot challenge the world. Again, you can say the story has hit the block.
Apr 21, 2017 1:30 PM

Sep 2016
GoldNautilus said:
GangsterCat said:
this morning I checked reddit for news and stuff, I read that Keijo!!!!!!!!!!, my favorite manga that I even followed the raw releases is getting axed because the japanese audience (shit taste audience) don't really buy the anime even though the manga is doing pretty fine and Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the news this morning. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Keijo!!!!!!!!! getting axed? This can’t be happening. I’m having a fucking breakdown. I don’t want to believe the animanga industry is so shit. I want a great manga to read. I want Keijo!!!!!!!!!!!! to be top selling manga and fix this broken industry. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought it was ranked well in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine???? This is so fucked.

You deserve this. You are always in threads telling people how foolish they are for supporting the industry, and now your favorite manga is cancelled because of bad sales. It's quite poetic, really.
it's not my fault japan has shit taste
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 21, 2017 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
@EcchiLordMamster i'm actually kinda torn between her and the one with giant tits and ass. red hair girl with the accent.

loved the dub specifically for her southern accent. it's adorable
Apr 21, 2017 2:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
@EcchiLordMamster i'm actually kinda torn between her and the one with giant tits and ass. red hair girl with the accent.

i never watch dubs, but that kinda gets me interested just to see what she sounded like

THIS IS BULLSHIT

RIP Keijo ;___; sure, theres ALWAYS great fap material every season, but Keijo was what i'd been forever waiting for...

WHOS ATTENDING THE FUNERAL WITH ME?????
EcchiGodMamsterApr 21, 2017 2:21 PM
Apr 21, 2017 2:19 PM
Jan 2017
Seriously. That is stupid, I mean usually the anime is just a glorified commercial for the manga, and now because the commercial fail, but the product is still successful is getting axed. WTF. The anime is my favorite ecchi anime and the manga is excellent, and Yuri on freaking ice is succesful, but not Keijo.

Also, screw you Crunchyroll, support other anime my ass when Keijo was popular oversea, but mean crap compare to popularity in Japan.

Screw Xebec for not making it uncensored on blu-ray dvd.

Plus screw the manga industry in the US for not getting the right to Keijo.
Also, screw the op being mad at your mom for a stupid reason, STFU. While this is upsetting, is not the end of the freaking world, there other real problem.
Apr 21, 2017 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, people have a different opinion than you, how strange....
Apr 21, 2017 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

i never watch dubs, but that kinda gets me interested just to see what she sounded like

THIS IS BULLSHIT

RIP Keijo ;___; sure, theres ALWAYS great fap material every season, but Keijo was what i'd been forever waiting for...

the dub is actually really good. i loved it.
i'm actually southern so i have pretty high standards when it comes to fake southern accents.
Apr 21, 2017 2:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

THIS IS BULLSHIT

i'm actually southern so i have pretty high standards when it comes to fake southern accents.

i grew up in the south too

now i gotta judge this dub lol

an MAAAAAAAANNNNNNN... too all those people who didn't buy Keijo becasue they were "too embarrassed" to buy the series

stop being a bitch, and save this anime!!!!!!!!
Apr 21, 2017 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
all this talk of food has made me awfully hungry
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Apr 21, 2017 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

an MAAAAAAAANNNNNNN... too all those people who didn't buy Keijo becasue they were "too embarrassed" to buy the series

MCs accent is pretty good too. the only one out of the 4 MCs that doesn't have an accent is the white hair girl.
they're all good though.
Apr 21, 2017 2:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

MCs accent is pretty good too. the only one out of the 4 MCs that doesn't have an accent is the white hair girl.
they're all good though.

just listened

i'd still bang the shit out of all of them (the hot ones), even with those voices lol
Apr 21, 2017 2:50 PM

Sep 2015
sad, but all good things must come to an end. SAD!!!
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 21, 2017 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

they're all good though.

just listened

i'd still bang the shit out of all of them (the hot ones), even with those voices lol

even with the voices? i'd bang em CUZ of the voices lol
Apr 21, 2017 2:52 PM

Feb 2016
I bet a few more !'s would have done it. Really a shame the mangaka and editor didnt realize it.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Apr 21, 2017 2:53 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

just listened

i don't need the sound to fap to Keijo lol... then again.. that goes for most anime XD

even if they didn't talk to me, i'd still fuck them
Apr 21, 2017 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

i don't need the sound to fap to Keijo lol... then again.. that goes for most anime XD

even if they didn't talk to me, i'd still fuck them

lmao. yeah i haven't fapped to anime in well over a decade.
don't have to be a hardcore pervert to love keijo :P
Apr 21, 2017 2:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:

WHAT THE FUCK? i haven't fapped to anime since like... today

you do to be a TRUE fan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 21, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2016
the next question is when will Guts leave the fairy island? let's boycott Idolm@ster to make it happen
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 21, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
jarring said:

lmao man i'm 30 years old. it's just not in the job description :P
Apr 21, 2017 3:06 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
jarring said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

please bruh... people in their 50s and up fap to anime, just like people in their 50s and up draw it... theres no shame...

im like less than 3 years behind you and were still going strong.. age aint got nothin to do with it

you just need to be reminded of the fappability of underage Japanese cartoon women and you'll be fine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 21, 2017 3:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Turtles_Hunter said:
jarring said:

Well, he seems to be 28, so I guess for him it is.

hey man, i ain't 28 yet lol... give me some months...
Apr 21, 2017 3:21 PM

Oct 2014
Well Bad series sell poorly (Most of the time, there are some exceptions)
and then get axed.

just look at all the mangas that got axed due to poor Sales and Reception, they all got axed when they were SHIT.
Hitman Reborn? Only got worse (and EldLive was poorly recieved as far as I know)
Bleach? Should've ended with Aizen's defeat but even at that time the series Lost its Mojo.

Besides, Fanservice is shallow entertainment anyway.
Apr 21, 2017 3:24 PM

Dec 2016
It' a show I didn't think I'd enjoy, but then I ended up really enjoying it. Kinda sad news!

But maybe there's other things going on to why the manga is also getting cancelled.
Apr 21, 2017 3:26 PM

Feb 2017
Your mom hand delivers chicken nuggets to your door?
Apr 21, 2017 3:28 PM

Oct 2015
Your mum deserves better you ingrate.
Apr 21, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
jarring said:

T.T; jeez

some people are just shameless
Apr 21, 2017 3:31 PM

Sep 2016
Wait, NO MORE BUTT AND BOOBS WRESTLING, WHAT HAS THE WORLD GONE UP TO?!!!

Also your mother just gave you chicken, chill out.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Apr 21, 2017 3:46 PM

Aug 2015
hoopla123 said:
HaXXspetten said:

^^^

Like the fuck is this bullshit lmao.

I'm sure 99% of you people in here haven't bought a single Keijo volume or an anime BD (which is the reason why it got axed in the first place).

If you call Japan shit taste pleb plains (which they are) for not buying Keijo shit and you didn't buy the Keijo shit either (which you didn't), you are pretty much the same thing as well.

Where should I put this?
On my shoulder? Back? Arm?
Where should I tattoo this quote fam?
Perfect

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Apr 21, 2017 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
Eh, I wasn't that impressed with Keijo! anyway.

Oh and it's quite amusing how many people take the tendie meme seriously in this thread.
Apr 21, 2017 4:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:

Besides, Fanservice is shallow entertainment anyway.

Triggered

Wait, why are we friends on here again? >:(

jarring said:
Turtles_Hunter said:

T.T; jeez

some people are just shameless

I just learned today that one of my married coworkers only watches fanservice anime

Talking out loud in the break room about perverted anime is great, u really learn who else is like you
EcchiGodMamsterApr 21, 2017 4:41 PM
Apr 21, 2017 5:55 PM

Sep 2013
lmao op WTF bro its just a manga u gotta take some chill pills stop abusing ur mom
Apr 21, 2017 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
i just realized. big boobs red head same voice as tohru in maid dragon's dub. she did REALLY good in maid dragon. gonna have to favorite her
Apr 21, 2017 6:06 PM

Apr 2016
How DARE you wast such valuable chicken nuggets?! You monster... ;~;

I bet those were Chick-fil-a nuggets too ;~;

Oh, and uh, poor Keijo, I guess...

The cows will find you.

Nugget killer.
Apr 21, 2017 6:15 PM

Apr 2016
GoldNautilus said:
GangsterCat said:

Ha! True. Need we forget his adamant wanting of us to basically let Fate die.

Plus, he hurt precious chicken nuggets. He mustn't be forgiven. Poor mom, too.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 3 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

106 by billybub »»
3 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Yesterday

65 by Lost_Viking »»
16 minutes ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - 8 hours ago

7 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
36 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - Today

20 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
38 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - May 25

43 by NiceCorn »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.