Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 21, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2015
I was hoping the Dragon would drop off the brunette from last week, but no darn it.

Still it was a good episode. Nice to see on more than Sorey.
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 21, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2009
that dragon and that bromance
Aug 21, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2008
Looks more less like changing the plot rather than modifying it to fasten the story or in some eyes, rush it.

Originally the two go after Mikleo and then join Alisha on the trip in which they end up splitting cause of a broken bridge/river that Sorey said he would fix with he help of a seraphim which leads him to his next location for the next episode.

The dragon they meet was on the way so instead of adding the bridge scene they just showed the dragon way early instead to move the plot forward while letting Mikleo go solo.

Can't wait to see some Edna deadpan jokes next episode.
Aug 21, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2016
Paul said:
Looks more less like changing the plot rather than modifying it to fasten the story or in some eyes, rush it.

Originally the two go after Mikleo and then join Alisha on the trip in which they end up splitting cause of a broken bridge/river that Sorey said he would fix with he help of a seraphim which leads him to his next location for the next episode.

The dragon they meet was on the way so instead of adding the bridge scene they just showed the dragon way early instead to move the plot forward while letting Mikleo go solo.

Can't wait to see some Edna deadpan jokes next episode.

Here's how I think it's going to go:
Party meets Loli best girl and some other stuff (avoiding spoilers for anime-only)
Alisha is stuck at the bridge (because you know why)

Sorey meets up with Alisha and they both continue their travel! If they don't meet at the bridge, they will meet in-town, I think.

They are mixing things together and IMO, it goes smoother that way.

thelectricow said:
My worst fear has been realized: nothing is this show pulls out is going to beat that last arc and Velvet.

3/5

The show begins when best girl Edna is introduced :)
FrozenSheepAug 21, 2016 9:47 PM

Aug 21, 2016 6:16 PM
Nov 2015
My worst fear has been realized: nothing is this show pulls out is going to beat that last arc and Velvet.

3/5
Aug 21, 2016 9:51 PM

Nov 2014
After the dragon left and it showed the crowd, was the one it zoomed in on Rose? The one that the camera looks at for a few seconds and she walks off.
Aug 21, 2016 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
Back to the main plot, I really liked this episode, I think Sorei is evolving quite like protagonist, mainly with the help of Lailah and Mikleo, this set off on a journey to help Sorei, is obvious what Mikleo trying to do, and I look forward to see his adventure alone ..

I'm actually really enjoying the idea of bringing together two different storylines and then make a cross between them, hope the joint is very well done, not to harm the adaptation ..
Aug 22, 2016 12:56 AM

Aug 2014
Best Girl Edna appeared at the last minute of the Skit, Holy Shit can't wait for Zestiria best girl Edna to appear Next Week Episode so fucking Hype!!!!!
freedom891Aug 22, 2016 1:02 AM
Aug 22, 2016 1:06 AM

Aug 2012
Definitely more of a build up episode.

Still can't see why anyone would like Alisha more than Rose.

Nevermind how poorly her departure was handled in the game (and I guess they're trying to make up for that with this anime), but she is just uninteresting as a character.

Not sure if I can handle both main characters being as naive as it gets.

Please Edna, come and save this cast.
.................................................................................
Aug 22, 2016 1:15 AM

Aug 2009
I honestly found this episode just as interesting as the last two, different story, different context. The Zesty story line is great. I have not played the games so this world building is pretty damn good in my opinion. The world feels so large, waiting to be explored by the viewers and Sorey. I am surprised so many are complaining about the main arc.

Hope Ufotable keeps up the quality. Amazing. Oh and Velvet is in the OP twice I think, sort of shoehorned like the eps 5 and 6, why even do that? Think the dragon in episode 7 disappeared from Zestiria and appeared in Berseria?

Aug 22, 2016 1:33 AM

Mar 2016
Noobstar21 said:
I honestly found this episode just as interesting as the last two, different story, different context. The Zesty story line is great. I have not played the games so this world building is pretty damn good in my opinion. The world feels so large, waiting to be explored by the viewers and Sorey. I am surprised so many are complaining about the main arc.

Hope Ufotable keeps up the quality. Amazing. Oh and Velvet is in the OP twice I think, sort of shoehorned like the eps 5 and 6, why even do that? Think the dragon in episode 7 disappeared from Zestiria and appeared in Berseria?

Idk man, I'm playing through the game, and everything ufotable has done is doing justice to the game and they even handled mikleo and Sorey parting better so not sure about the complaints myself .
Aug 22, 2016 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
Ayyee it's Edna!

Love the bromance in this episode lol jk

can't wait for next ep <3

Aug 22, 2016 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
So the doragon shows up only to tell Sorey of the existence of dragons as it leaves on its own without him doing anything at all. It should have wreaked more havoc. And the whole city thinks that it was Sorey who defeated the doragon. And Bartlow invites Sorey to put his evil plan into action. He wants the Shepherd to either not be here anymore or join his side. He gets the former as Sorey tells him his plans of following the dragon to eradicate it and its malevolence or whatever.

And Mikleo starts to feel that he may end up being useless if things go on like this as he won't be able to help Sorey. So Lailah sends him to some ruins near a lake to find an artifact which would allow him to be useful by making a pact or whatever with Sorey just like Lailah has. He'll find that bow and arrow we see in the opening sequence. And Sorey and Lailah have gone to some ruins themselves where they will be meeting that loli

Bartlow is doing his best to remove Alisha from the picture so that he can be a bit free. He has her sent to Marlind so he can make preparations for the fight he wanted to have with the neighbors. I wonder how it would have looked to Alisha when Lailah picked up that mug. Alisha couldn't see Lailah but she could see the mug. Or do things turn invisible for normal humans after a seraph gets hold of it? And Sorey has leveled up since he didn't have to close his ears for Lailah to talk to Alisha.
Aug 22, 2016 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
That ost at the end got me good, loved it
Gdi all the fangirls are gonna ship sormik sm now
Aug 22, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
Paul said:

No. They ignored Mikleo and head straight for ruins.

Paul said:

It's called "adaptation". And these changes are good, imho.
Aug 22, 2016 7:56 AM
Aug 2015
Is it me or they are emphasizing Alisha's role comparing to the game ? It annoys me a lot since I don't like her character.

Moreover we are at episode 7 and nothing has happened. The show is too slow (except for the Berseria episodes, they were more interesting). The rest of the Zestiria cast hasn't appeared yet !

More screetime for Mikleo this time : +1, hope Edna will be the next. Alisha is pissing me off...
Aug 22, 2016 8:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, every characters so far are boring and uninteresting

COME BACK TO US BERSERIA ;-;
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 22, 2016 9:11 AM

Dec 2013
Kirie-san said:
Is it me or they are emphasizing Alisha's role comparing to the game ? It annoys me a lot since I don't like her character.

Yes, you can blame "fans" for that. Alisha is the most annoying character.

DatRandomDude said:
Man, every characters so far are boring and uninteresting.

Just wait. They should get to the point shortly. We will see Edna and Zaveid in next episode.
Aug 22, 2016 9:33 AM

Apr 2015
That random ass fight with green worm floaty monster was random.

"These are usually friendly" and queue a minute later and it attacks Sorey only to get rekt then the adventure goes on with nothing to show for it.

Aug 22, 2016 10:57 AM

Dec 2009
I really hope we get more of Lailah. She is coming off as one dimensional when she has way more personality in the game. The skits help with the whole pun thing at least.

Sorey's relationships with Alisha and Mikleo have really kept me going with this anime. The dynamic between the close Sorey and Mikleo in contrast with the bonding friendship of Sorey and Alisha is interesting. I get the feeling that Mikleo and Alisha will both let Sorey down in some way though. We will have to see.
Aug 22, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2013
Sorey, the-energetic-smiley-attitude, is back to sprout his heroic fantasies. Seriously should have expanded Berseria plot more.

Also why Sorey seemed confused at Alisha's question of "are humans cause of malevolence?", when human negative emotions are in fact cause of it.

Sorey thinking of Mikleo, when he is next to Lailah, in the middle of moonlit night!!
Aug 22, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2015
Well boring episode. :( Hope next week will be better.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 22, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
Kamiyan3991 said:

Paul said:

It's called "adaptation". And these changes are good, imho.

Doesn't change the fact that it's modified to hasten and whether it's good or not we'll have to see how it pans out. For me it's still in the neutral zone but questionable because of whether the previous 2 episodes were just to advertise or actually gonna somehow be crossed over or not. I mean it's not like Zestiria was exactly a spectacle in the first place.
Aug 22, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
Not much to this episode, but the adventurous feel and the beautiful visuals are still there so it's still enjoyable.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 22, 2016 3:02 PM

Aug 2010
Best girl Edna next episode!
Aug 22, 2016 3:06 PM

Dec 2013
Ragna92 said:
Best girl Edna next episode!

Rose > Edna > Lailah > Random Girls > Alisha
Aug 22, 2016 3:40 PM

May 2016
Man, people can't handle some load of build up and world building...

Really, the anime is doing way better than the game because it is exploring the things set up by the story better...

The only dissapointment is the dragon, but really, how do you think they were going to deal with it...Anyone that know about the game knows dragons in Zesteria are OP AF and are not supposed to be beatable until near end game...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 22, 2016 4:41 PM

Jul 2016
World building is necessary. You can't just be fighting Dragons every episode (although that could make for a glorious spectacle). I'm also disappointing that the 2-3 weeks wait about that tornado ended so abruptly. I wish we had more of it!

You have to remember that "JRPG", in general, are about an adventure (to save the world). It starts out slow and the stakes aren't that high. However, as you learn more about the world, you also learn that the stakes are much higher.

This episode is pretty much the calm before the (rock) avalanche!

Edna best loli has appeared in the "next episode preview". It should also be rocking with action.

Sneak Peak: Characters that are LINKED directly or indirectly to Tales of Berseria shall make their appearance next episode!

Tylaen said:
That random ass fight with green worm floaty monster was random.

"These are usually friendly" and queue a minute later and it attacks Sorey only to get rekt then the adventure goes on with nothing to show for it.

The purpose of that scene is to show the effect of Malevolence. It turned a docile creature into a hostile entity. Malevolence is reaching areas where it previously did not.

Aug 22, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2016
YAY BACK TO MAIN STORY-LINE

Ok so there wasn't a lot of action this episode, but there is something good to be said about allocating an episode to character development, so the Mikleo and Sorey moments were nice.
Plus, I seriously missed FLOW's awesome OP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2016 7:32 PM

Feb 2010
Aw man I just realized if Sorey/Mikleo didn't have their break up fight
Aug 22, 2016 7:37 PM
May 2014
rip dragon fight?

Either way, good to see Mikleo split paths to become stronger. He and Sorey seem unused to being apart.
Aug 23, 2016 4:53 AM

Apr 2015
seems like the good guys team is yet to be fully established
I feel like there's going to be a second season at this rate
Aug 23, 2016 5:52 AM

Apr 2008
evyyy said:

It's been confirmed for ages that a second season will come out in Winter 2017.
Aug 23, 2016 6:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Im glad that the series has returned to the main series.
The episode was as good as ever and expanded a lot on the main characters.
Especially Mikileo's doubts as well as the chancellors plans.

Still marveling on how different the anime is to the game though
Still the voice acting is top notch especially Ai Kayano for Alisha and Noriko Shitaya for Lialah

Im surprised that they split the ruins part entirely and sent just Mikelio there while Sorey and Lilalah went with the princess

Still the combat at the camp was pretty good though brief
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2016 5:17 PM
Mar 2015
rinneganfire4u said:
Also why Sorey seemed confused at Alisha's question of "are humans cause of malevolence?", when human negative emotions are in fact cause of it.

I took "cause" here to mean "the origin of" malevolence. That is, not just what's causing malevolence (human negative emotions) but what caused it to appear in the first place (which seems to be humans turning away from seraphim). I think in that light it makes more sense that Sorey wouldn't be able to answer the question so easily.

I'd definitely agree it could be clearer, however.
Aug 23, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
Romores said:
evyyy said:

It's been confirmed for ages that a second season will come out in Winter 2017.

Please do post a proper source on that cause neither MAL nor ANN have a 2nd season in their database and the only so called source is a random reddit post linking to some french anime site which has no source either. AniDB has it in its database but likewise, has no information nor sources.
Aug 23, 2016 7:42 PM

Jul 2015
And were finally back at the dragon. Though it ended rather quickly... Doesn't feel like much happened after that though, couple of quick little duels here and there, but oh well, feels like they are building up to something more, and I look forward to seeing what happens next.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 24, 2016 10:21 AM
Mar 2015
Paul said:
the only so called source is a random reddit post linking to some french anime site

The "some french anime site" in question is a streaming site owned by Viz Media Europe. While they could be mistaken, they certainly don't have any reason to lie. I think it's more likely that they weren't supposed to say anything about a second cour but didn't get the memo.

Perhaps the second cour is tentative and depends on the response to the first and sales of Berseria. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Aug 24, 2016 10:01 PM

Oct 2008
We're back to Zestiria!
Sorey has an invisible taste tester! How very convenient!
The relation of Sorey & Alisha is getting better.
Both Mikleo & Sorey said that they Win this time lolz.
OST used was very epicly heavenly!
4/5.

Aug 25, 2016 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
Kyogreex said:
The "some french anime site" in question is a streaming site owned by Viz Media Europe. While they could be mistaken, they certainly don't have any reason to lie. I think it's more likely that they weren't supposed to say anything about a second cour but didn't get the memo.

Perhaps the second cour is tentative and depends on the response to the first and sales of Berseria. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Pretty sure that split-cour info is legit. It's impossible to finish this story in just 5 more episodes. Well, they don't even rush things, so it clearly means that there is enough time.

Furthermore, timing is just too perfect.
Firt cour = commercial for Berseria (game has been released this month).
Second cour = US/EU Berseria release as it's scheduled for early 2017.
They will probably give us more Berseria in second cour due to US/EU premiere.
Aug 25, 2016 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
I doubt they will end the story in this series. i just kinda doubt it.
overall, it was an enjoyable episode. there is just a bit of action in this episode but still overall i enjoy it. and finally, Mikleo, after he return to Sorey, he can become one with him or become his power like Lailah. i can't wait to see that. but there still many character to come which is why i kinda doubt they will end the story in this seires.

from the pv for the next episode, the girl with yellow hair might appear in the next episode ? well, i hope i can see her in the next episode cause she got eyes from the beginning xD

looking foward to the next episode :D
the OST in the ending was just too nice to hear xD
Aug 26, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2014
The Berseria episodes were alright, and I think Velvet could make for a great protagonist, depsite her revenge agenda being pretty standard fare game plot, but I was a lot more invested in the Zesti cast so I'm pleased to see them back. I suspect the Dragon left because of Sorey's presence, but I still hope things will be clarified later on. Other than it was alright, with the highlight definitely being the little exploration of Sorey and Mikleo's admittedly very close relationship. I'm curious to see how it'll develop in the future, but I already dig it as it is.
SapewlothSep 4, 2016 4:06 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Aug 27, 2016 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Back to the present! And less disturbing CGI this time (except for very flat trees rows).
The episode seemed more interesting than everything before. Maybe because it is reaching the mid-series traditional big event.

4/5
Aug 27, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2009
Seemed to spend an awfully long time in ladylake. I liked it better that Mikleo went on his own to get the weapon and that no one had to follow. Let's just trust him, makes it easier then let's chase after him.

Seriously though I am super biased. i love Mikleo and Sorey. They are the cutest.

Mikleo is the butt of all my jokes when I playing Zesteria though, so easy. Still love him though~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 27, 2016 10:04 PM

Aug 2014
Really nigga?

Was expecting a big fight and all but nope, the dragon says fuck it lol

Friendzoning Alisha while she's not even present? That's cold Sorey :

Good to see that Sorey isn't completely ignorant, he knew that Bartlow was being full of shit.

Looking forward to seeing the Mikleo x Sorey fusion, once Mikleo acquires the same powers as Lailah ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
KashKetchumAug 27, 2016 10:11 PM
Aug 28, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2015
I'm gonna miss Velvet ='(.

Anyway we got to see a dragon hmm. Things will turn bad lol.

Great episode.
Oct 2, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
I have to say, 1 episode of Velvet Crowe was better than this whole thing...
Oct 8, 2016 10:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Return to the main history, and separation of the 2 principals characters, differents ways for the same destiny ;)
Oct 16, 2016 6:35 AM

Nov 2011
Yay! We return to the main story and you do great, interesting blend of action and political intrigue, topped with the growth of the characters. There is also the feeling that before long, there will be some "upgrading" Incoming. Exceptional designs and scenarios, once again, the soundtrack successfully to situations well shown during the narration.
Oct 20, 2016 10:49 PM

Mar 2015
Back to Zestiria! Looks like everyone's split up
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.