Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 10, 2016 7:57 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Red Hot Chili Pepper is fast, but don't underestimate Josuke.
Okuyasu was awesome this episode. Nice to see him show off more of his abilities. Although he was letting his emotions get the best of him.
Chili Pepper really knows how to play mind games.
That was smart of Josuke using Crazy Diamond to return Okuyasu back to his arm.

Josuke & Jotaro just casually taking their time to get to the Port & meet up with Joseph.
Cannot wait to see what he looks like next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 10, 2016 8:44 PM

Jun 2010
39 episodes has been confirmed. All we can do now is put our faith in DP to do DiU justice.

The episode itself was fine, not the best animation but serviceable none-the-less. Next week's episode should get better treatment on that front. It'll be good to see Joseph again too, just don't expect too much from the old man, alright everyone?

Jun 10, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2014
YK97 said:
Jotakak said:
WHY THE HELL were they all taking their sweet ass time to come to Okuyasu? At least DO A LIGHT JOG! And since when did Josuke act like a complete douche? Is this the same dude that was concerned about Okuyasu eating some bad spaghetti? Why are they so chill? Even if they knew Okuyasu could be revived, they could've at least told Koichi before he had a break down and maybe showed some empathy like DAMN.

And I loved Jotaro in Part 3 but he's literally doing absolute shit this season and has almost no emotion or reaction to people getting hurt? I get he's supposed to be sort of a mentor figure but it makes no sense to just sit back and let everyone else have some action when these battles mean life or death.

He's like 26 year old now. So, he matured a lot. He was a sort of cold figure all this time.

To me, it feels like he's even less emotional now though.
Jun 10, 2016 10:44 PM

Mar 2016
Jotakak said:
YK97 said:

He's like 26 year old now. So, he matured a lot. He was a sort of cold figure all this time.

That's his character. If you read the manga, you'll know.
Jun 10, 2016 11:39 PM

Mar 2009
I really don't understand why Jotaro didn't help out. He could have used his Stand so many times. What, was he just too far away?

It's also kind of funny how they keep hiding Joseph's face. We know it's him!
Jun 10, 2016 11:46 PM

Jan 2009
Ooooh, really liked this episode - it was exciting. Okuyasu being veeeeeery cool and the same kind of "grouping" like in Stardust Crusaders was clear too - there are the sentimental, maybe hotheaded persons in the group and then there are the cool, analyzing ones. Really liking it.
Jun 11, 2016 12:10 AM

Apr 2009
Man now I gotta wait another whole week to see Joseph, they teased him at the end of last episode and they did it again in this one! I can't really complain since I get to see him in another part, but still...

Also I'm happy that Okuyasu was able to get in a few good hits on chili pepper. Since he's a main villain I assume that it will be Josuke that beats him for good, but I'm glad that Okuyasu got to have a little taste of revenge for his brother beforehand.

Jun 11, 2016 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
YK97 said:
Jotakak said:

Oh, my god. My opinion of him in the manga is the same. Pull your head out of your elitist ass.
Jun 11, 2016 3:44 AM

Aug 2013
DreadedOne said:
Unbelievable how many times Jotaro should have stopped time but didn't.

He hasn't been practicing it the past 11 years, he can only stop time for 1 or 2 seconds at most. Also, Jotaro can't consecutively use it without plenty of rest in between since it's really exhausting. Unlike Dio, he doesn't have an immortal body to make it easier.
Jun 11, 2016 6:21 AM
Jan 2014
I was really disappointed by Jotaro this episode. Why the hell didn't he stop chili pepper by stopping time?
Jun 11, 2016 7:20 AM

Jan 2013
I enjoyed this episode but it's without a doubt that characters powers are forgotten during useful times and convenience is a big part of decisions. Jotaro first of all should have used SP. He could have did something when RHCP was giving his whole bike speech or did it while they was running to Okaysu rescue just to put him closer to the scene. I hear this "he can only use it for 2 seconds" but that really doesn't matter. Dio could only do 5 and you see how much he could accomplish in just 5 seconds. With SP speed 2 seconds provides enough time to do something useful. There is really no excuse for us to have not seen SP in this episode even if his efforts where somehow thwarted.
TyrelJun 11, 2016 3:04 PM
Jun 11, 2016 1:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love Joseph Joestar. Cannot wait to see him in action.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 11, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
Jotakak said:
WHY THE HELL were they all taking their sweet ass time to come to Okuyasu? At least DO A LIGHT JOG! And since when did Josuke act like a complete douche? Is this the same dude that was concerned about Okuyasu eating some bad spaghetti? Why are they so chill? Even if they knew Okuyasu could be revived, they could've at least told Koichi before he had a break down and maybe showed some empathy like DAMN.

And I loved Jotaro in Part 3 but he's literally doing absolute shit this season and has almost no emotion or reaction to people getting hurt? I get he's supposed to be sort of a mentor figure but it makes no sense to just sit back and let everyone else have some action when these battles mean life or death.

Josuke's attitude was really weird since he's always freaking out about the possibility one of his friends could die every other time something happens, yeah.

Jotaro, meanwhile, is pretty much consistent with his Part 3 self. He didn't really react at all when he heard Avdol and Iggy had died. He's kind of emotionally distant that way, unless there's someone in front of him for him to work out anger feelings on via punching.

Animayham said:
Jotaro first of all should have used SP. He could have did something when RHCP was giving his whole bike speech or did it while they was running to Okaysu rescue just to put him closer to the scene.

I'm not disagreeing with you completely, but you have noticed this is JJBA, right? The series where everyone sits back and monologues uninterrupted for several seconds, even during fights?
TheAzulmagiaJun 11, 2016 2:11 PM
Jun 11, 2016 2:43 PM

Feb 2012
i love imagining people watching jojo huffing in their computer chairs with their arms folded muttering about how it's bullshit
Jun 11, 2016 3:21 PM
Apr 2016
For those wondering why Jotaro never stopped time:

Can only stop it for 1 second, that's literally the only reason, there's little he can do in 1 second, and you will see why in upcoming episodes, Jotaro is yet to show off
Jun 11, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2016
CC9ers said:
Does Jotaro actually get any good fights in Part 4 though? I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't.

He gets an amazing one later on, with cheesy one-liners and all, but i don't think it'll be shown this season.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Jun 11, 2016 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Jotakak said:

Josuke's attitude was really weird since he's always freaking out about the possibility one of his friends could die every other time something happens, yeah.

Jotaro, meanwhile, is pretty much consistent with his Part 3 self. He didn't really react at all when he heard Avdol and Iggy had died. He's kind of emotionally distant that way, unless there's someone in front of him for him to work out anger feelings on via punching.

I don't find him as emotionless as fans think he is in Part 3 so I will forever argue against that but I do realize he's been through a lot of shit and lost his friends so it's probably going to take a bit more for him to react in Part 4 (considering he's matured as well) so I will hold off my judgement until the end.
Jun 11, 2016 6:44 PM

May 2016
Is people really not going to comment on that "You're too slow!" from Hot Chilli Pepper? We SANIC Now, GOTTA GO FAST!
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 11, 2016 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
GhostofSide6 said:
CC9ers said:
Does Jotaro actually get any good fights in Part 4 though? I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't.

He gets an amazing one later on, with cheesy one-liners and all, but i don't think it'll be shown this season.

Everything is being shown this season, though. 39 episodes with no breaks.
Jun 11, 2016 6:55 PM

Mar 2016
Jotakak said:
YK97 said:

Oh, my god. My opinion of him in the manga is the same. Pull your head out of your elitist ass.

Wow. Nice insult. What if I tell you that Jotaro knew that they can get Okuyasu back with Crazy Diamond, plus if you read Stone Ocean, you'll understand him more.

I'm stating facts and suggesting things. You may not agree and reply politely but your insult make me lose respect for you.
Jun 11, 2016 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
YK97 said:
Jotakak said:

Wow. Nice insult. What if I tell you that Jotaro knew that they can get Okuyasu back with Crazy Diamond, plus if you read Stone Ocean, you'll understand him more.

I'm stating facts and suggesting things. You may not agree and reply politely but your insult make me lose respect for you.

"If you read the manga, you'll know" is such an asinine response on an anime forum thread when I'm talking about Jotaro and how he CURRENTLY is in the anime. Also, I KNOW Jotaro knew Okuyasu would be all right. That's not what I was questioning.
Jun 12, 2016 9:03 AM

Jan 2016
SixPistols said:
GhostofSide6 said:

Wait, so it's been confirmed that there won't be a "2nd season" like with SC?
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Jun 12, 2016 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
To bad for Okuyasu. He wouldn't have gotten hurt if they didn't take a leisurely walk down the hill. Im glad to see I wasn't the only one to see that.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 12, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2012
GhostofSide6 said:
SixPistols said:

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/741137850956144640

The anime is confirmed to be 3 cours, 39 episodes to the end of DiU.
Jun 12, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
Okuyasu did something really stupid. Don't blame him it's cuz his brother died and he's struck with grief !
Jun 12, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2016
Joutarou, just try to stop goddamn time once in a while! This unhurried promenade was unbearable to watch.))
Jun 12, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2016
SixPistols said:
GhostofSide6 said:

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/741137850956144640

The anime is confirmed to be 3 cours, 39 episodes to the end of DiU.

Oh.
OH.
OOOOOOH.
fuck
Jun 12, 2016 1:17 PM

Feb 2015
I am confused why Josuke and Jotaro were casually walking I'm sure in the manga they were running.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2016 3:32 AM

May 2016
BRUH OUR ENEMY'S CORNERED! LET'S JUST CASUALLY WALK TOWARDS HIM!

I kek.
also,
Their friend almost died yet they still prioritize posing over helping him asap xD

I fucking love jojo
Jun 14, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Seqeitas-san said:
BRUH OUR ENEMY'S CORNERED! LET'S JUST CASUALLY WALK TOWARDS HIM!

I kek.
also,
Their friend almost died yet they still prioritize posing over helping him asap xD

I fucking love jojo
That just sums up JJBA as whole and it's fucking great-o.
Jun 19, 2016 1:09 AM

Dec 2015
The electrical network idea was pretty obvious but it's fine to let the audience be able to predict the outcome, once in a while. Some ugly drawings were present but didn't prevent me to enjoy the episode since I only read the first three parts.
Any manga reader here could say if Josuke really had a Nintendo 64 (in this episode, he plays Gradius on it) somewhere along the manga? I don't mind, after all the console was already out in the time period Part IV is supposed to stand. But the manga started in the early 90s while the console only appeared in 1996 in Japan.

@Stark700 Extraterrestrial look? I would have said a pretty typical japanese look.

@ButtSlapper @Jotakak It is the usual problem of dilatation you'll see in most anime adaptations. In the anime, the flow is necessarily slower than in the manga because it has to purposefully slow down the action in order to insert a certain amount of dialogue. Take Captain Tsubasa as an example, the anime looks like the soccer field's length is tripled or more.
Of course, it doesn't mean it is pleasant.
Rei_IIIJun 19, 2016 1:20 AM
Jun 21, 2016 7:09 AM

Dec 2010
RHCP got wrecked on so many levels that he now seems like a lesser threat than Santana.
Jun 21, 2016 12:42 PM
May 2014
Rei366 said:
Any manga reader here could say if Josuke really had a Nintendo 64 (in this episode, he plays Gradius on it) somewhere along the manga? I don't mind, after all the console was already out in the time period Part IV is supposed to stand. But the manga started in the early 90s while the console only appeared in 1996 in Japan.

In the manga he was playing with a Super Nintendo but it was changed in the anime for a Nintendo 64.
TarkusELPJun 21, 2016 12:47 PM
Jun 21, 2016 9:50 PM

Dec 2015
@Tarkus Thank you. Good move from the series makers: it goes better with the year of the action.
Jun 25, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
Red Hot Chili Pepper makes his move and he's now after the old man coming to the port )
Okayasu gets BTFO, maybe this will lead to some growth.

Jotaro and Jsokue seemed cold, but hey knew he would return and lol at everyone complaining about them not helping in the fight XD
Jun 30, 2016 6:00 AM
Oct 2011
On Jotaro not stopping time keep in mind that he has a limited range even if he stopped time he wouldn't be able to get to Okuyasu in the few seconds of stopped time he had. He also has to rest a while between uses do to not being an immortal vampire like Dio. As a result if Jotaro use the Time Stop ability of Star Platinum at the wrong time he might not be able to use it when he needs it the most.
Jul 6, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2016
Yay the old opening is back
Sep 30, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
solman said:
So Okuyasu can be resurrected from his torn arm but Josuke's grandad can't from drowning? Ok.

SamBlack said:
I thought it was cool and somewhat humorous that Josuke could revive Okuyasu with just his disembodied arm.

Okuyasu was alive and well, despite being in the process of bleeding to death. RHCP doesn't kill people when he converts them into energy, he just make them travel trough cables. Okuyasu's bro was killed AFTER being transported. Josuke just forced the arm to reunite with the rest of the body. You clearly see the surprised look on RHCP in the subsequent frame because Okuyasu vanishes from his arms, did you miss that?

Animayham said:
I enjoyed this episode but it's without a doubt that characters powers are forgotten during useful times and convenience is a big part of decisions. Jotaro first of all should have used SP. He could have did something when RHCP was giving his whole bike speech or did it while they was running to Okaysu rescue just to put him closer to the scene. I hear this "he can only use it for 2 seconds" but that really doesn't matter. Dio could only do 5 and you see how much he could accomplish in just 5 seconds. With SP speed 2 seconds provides enough time to do something useful. There is really no excuse for us to have not seen SP in this episode even if his efforts where somehow thwarted.

That's absolutely true. Jotaro not using timestop here was clearly nothing but PIS.
ShendueSep 30, 2016 2:42 PM
Oct 3, 2016 8:05 AM

Sep 2016
Although Okuyasu fell for RHCP's trick, he was still so cool with THE HAND in this ep.
It took forever for the trio to get to Okuyasu's place. But someone said that they actually run to him in the manga. Not sure if it's true.
Joseph seemed to be in poor health according to Jotaro. It's so sad to hear that, but I'm ready to see how old he looks and can't wait to see him.
Oct 18, 2016 1:31 AM

Sep 2013
Stills of the TV broadcast vs stills of the Blu-ray!!

https://twitter.com/pen__jojo/status/787548061153177601

Hmm !

I wonder what else the BD version has to offer. Hopefully, maybe the slow walking got reanimated into...something else??
ShigyCOct 28, 2016 3:06 PM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Nov 15, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2012
lol jojo both of them stay calm in whatever situation they are in.

Dec 12, 2016 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
Why did you bring the bike!?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 24, 2016 9:47 AM

May 2012
Damn another very impressive and intense episode I must say! Looking forward to see what happens next!
Feb 1, 2017 7:53 PM

Mar 2015
Red Hot Chili Pepper is quite formidable!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
Damn my favorite jojo has gotten really old. I hope he can really find that RHCP's user.
Apr 12, 2017 11:40 AM

Jan 2015
Finally, next time my favourite character is coming back!
Apr 28, 2017 6:19 AM

Mar 2012
Get baited m8.

Sucks that Joseph can't even fight anymore. Getting old sucks :(
May 18, 2017 4:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Red Chili Pepper is a Stan powerful, although in this episode was lucky to survive!!!
May 18, 2017 4:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sorry, but yuou mistake, the Josuke Stand try to kill, but not end well...
Jun 11, 2017 11:02 AM

May 2016
Reading about Koreans being in charge of the episode animation in here pretty much explained why the zoom out animations looked so derpy. Just like Gurren Lagann's episode 4...

The fight was awesome though! The Hand showcased its terrifying power despite losing to Red Hot Chili Pepper due to his taunting.

It was weird that the two JoJos didn't give a shit about Okuyasu disappearing then I laughed my ass off the moment Josuke used Crazy Diamond to bring him back xD

I hope Joseph didn't become as useless as Jotaro said. Maybe Josuke can patch him up~

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 10:05 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

149 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 6:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

126 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 5:03 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

128 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.