Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 20, 2016 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
If ecchi was just showing nudity, I would say that I wouldn't mind a certain amount of it if the setting is right for it. Sadly the tag comes with a lot of clichés that I find very off-putting (mainly character's being super embarrassed when the camera pans over them, hugely perverted leads, stupid "accidents" that lead to said ecchi scenes...) I've almost given up on the genre and would even say that only anime made by Gainax managed to do it right.
So for me the less ecchi, the less I might get annoyed watching a series.
May 20, 2016 9:33 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Snappynator said:
Saying this as someone who read the VN, that moment in the coffin was anything but an attempt at creating some funny moments. That was supposed to show a psychological exploration of Michiru's inners thoughts, exploring her own fear of the world and her contradictions in terms of ways of acting. It did not try to be a funny moment, it tried to be a serious, dark scene that shows her inner fears. I'm not just "thinking" it was serious, I know it was serious and originally intended to be, but got half ruined by just randomly adding on that ecchi.

i don't read manga/LN/VN, so i don't really know how they change when theyre turned into anime, but many they just decided add ecchi cause its animated? idk sometimes you just gotta take advantage of movement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

either way, manga changes in anime for all the time especially when its being rushed and many times that just means more things that werent there before, idk why ppl don't expect that by now

also, maybe the anime wasn't supposed to be as serious as the manga, idk
May 20, 2016 9:34 AM
Feb 2014
any hint of ecchi must be burned at the stake #Elitism101
May 20, 2016 9:36 AM

Aug 2015
Interesting discussion. Didn't see any good genuine discussions recently which is worth reading.

zurgboy00 said:
"TOO MUCH ECCHI" Did you hit your head or something? so your one of those people who says "I WATCH ECCHI FOR THE PLOT"?
You surely don't know what "Plot" means, do you? >_>

OT: Too much ecchi? There can never be too much ecchi. Instead there's always room for more.
Some shows can do it right where others cannot.

I think you just simply picked up the wrong ecchi to watch. DxD plot and how the ecchi is done there simply doesn't go well together. ( Except for those who doesn't care about anything but the Oppai ). If you're going to do ecchi, then do it on the SoL part. Why bother uselessly bringing them out during battles and then make lewd tones just to ruin the mood? It's not like Rias and Akeno are going to smash the enemy's head with their giant watermelons >_>

If you're going to do ecchi, just do it right. Amount doesn't matter.
May 20, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2014
Mamster-P said:
@Gensan

Snappynator said:

When a show is being serious, trying to be serious, is being dark and whatever, having some ecchi humor can ruin it. How good would Fate/Zero be with half of it being ecchi for comedy? Not great, because the nature of the show does not mix well with it. I don't think his point is that going 50-50 isn't an option, it's moreso that putting ecchi in a show/moment that tries to be dark/serious is not appropriate, because it ruins the tone of those scenes that wants to be serious, but slaps on fanservice just cause.

I haven't seen Fate, but with the Grisaia example, Michiru is the most ditzy character in the show, and the ecchi was mostly likely used as a comedic way to show that side of her off

The scene is exploring on her viewpoint and why she's the way she is. her characterization, exploring her fear and such.
Grisaia is a series that explore heroines and protagonist psychological. it has lewd, comedy and serious moments, it's done nicely in source but then the anime killed it.

Mamster-P said:

if there's ecchi in a "serious" moment, then maybe the moment isn't as serious as you think....

try reading VN and talk again. I'm not just talking about Grisaia here but other Eroge as well.
there's timing for everything

Mamster-P said:

people just take anime too seriously in the first place

Or the anime just killed the serious tone with panty shot.
May 20, 2016 9:47 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Gensan

ok, ill be honest

if you are a fan of manga or a VN and a scene completely changes in the anime, i can see why you'd complain, BUT the ecchi isn't the problem... the problem is that the scene changed

what was different about the scene with michiru in the grisaia anime as apposed to the VN? was the dialogue changed? if not, i don't see how zooming in on her panties or w/e (i cant remember) would affect what was going on

as long as everything that happened in the scene still happened (just maybe with some different camera angles) i don't see the problem

and how does seeing a girls panties in a "serious moement" "kill the scene?"

do you get horny and start touching yourself?

is that then all you can think about from then on?

idk even someone like me gets through ecchi scenes pretty much as if theyre just another scene.... it just doesn't make sense to me, nothing else in the show "stops" just cause they angle the camera a certain way or zoom in somewhere, w/e

code geass was probably the most immersed ive been in an anime, i was so into it that i got through both seasons in 3-4 days, yet despite being a horny fuck whos obsessed with ecchi, i didn't even remember many of the ecchi scenes after the anime was over for me, despite thinking they were hot
May 20, 2016 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
Mamster-P said:
Snappynator said:
Saying this as someone who read the VN, that moment in the coffin was anything but an attempt at creating some funny moments. That was supposed to show a psychological exploration of Michiru's inners thoughts, exploring her own fear of the world and her contradictions in terms of ways of acting. It did not try to be a funny moment, it tried to be a serious, dark scene that shows her inner fears. I'm not just "thinking" it was serious, I know it was serious and originally intended to be, but got half ruined by just randomly adding on that ecchi.

i don't read manga/LN/VN, so i don't really know how they change when theyre turned into anime, but many they just decided add ecchi cause its animated? idk sometimes you just gotta take advantage of movement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

either way, manga changes in anime for all the time especially when its being rushed and many times that just means more things that werent there before, idk why ppl don't expect that by now

also, maybe the anime wasn't supposed to be as serious as the manga, idk
Are you seriously trying to say that the anime didn't try to be as serious as the original source, despite it trying to adapt the important plot points (sort of)? Are you really trying to say that the anime versions of every adaptation doesn't always try to be as faithful in terms of tone and whatever to the original source? I really don't think that's the case. Animes are rushed because either the studio is restricted in terms of ep counts or the director is not really great at adapting that show, not because the show doesn't try to be as serious as the original source or anything like that. I doubt Grisaia is an exception when it comes to this. I could turn the tables on you, and say "maybe that ecchi show you love was actually intended to be serious, but ended up not being so", it really just seems silly to say "maybe it wasn't supposed to be so serious" as an excuse for it.
May 20, 2016 9:54 AM

Mar 2014
Whenever I don't like it :P

I'd have to agree on "serious" scenes, whether or not the show was trying to be serious or light-hearted, some shows certainly present themselves in ways that are opposed to certain content, whether it be ecchi, gore, or anything else. Dark or comedic, shit is shit, and saying it was supposed to be shit does not excuse it from being shit.

I was fine with DxD, because I was expecting watching for the tits, and the first episode at least was kind of funny. Valkyrie Drive Mermaid has some great fan service, but sucks at everything else, Monogatari's fan service tells you something beyond "hey look, tits! Are you enjoying yourself yet?", and of course KLK is perfect.

It's not something I generally look for, and I dislike it in the overwhelming majority of shows I see it in, but I think most things are shit anyway, so that second part isn't ecchi specific.
May 20, 2016 9:56 AM
Dec 2015
When it gets in the way of the story, it becomes too much imo.
May 20, 2016 9:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Snappynator said:
Are you seriously trying to say that the anime didn't try to be as serious as the original source, despite it trying to adapt the important plot points (sort of)? Are you really trying to say that the anime versions of every adaptation doesn't always try to be as faithful in terms of tone and whatever to the original source? I really don't think that's the case. Animes are rushed because either the studio is restricted in terms of ep counts or the director is not really great at adapting that show, not because the show doesn't try to be as serious as the original source or anything like that. I doubt Grisaia is an exception when it comes to this. I could turn the tables on you, and say "maybe that ecchi show you love was actually intended to be serious, but ended up not being so", it really just seems silly to say "maybe it wasn't supposed to be so serious" as an excuse for it.

i don't read manga or play VNs, nor do i take any anime seriously..... infact, i don't take ANY form of fiction seriously... its not real, so theres no reason to. yes i can feel sad/creeped out/scared or w/e but overall im not going to give it the same critic i would something thats real

how the hell am i supposed to know how serious they were supposed to be? its a fucking cartoon.... i have no idea whats going on in the mind of the creator, so the safest bet is to just let it be, whining does not change anything and it shouldn't the creators are free to do as they please so if they decide to change their mind for w/e reason, they can

who knows, maybe a creator says "hey, this is now animated, so lets throw in a panty shot" idfk, but taking advantage of animation and doing something that makes no sense because of it is part of the beauty of it
May 20, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
Mamster-P said:
Snappynator said:

i don't read manga or play VNs, nor do i take any anime seriously..... infact, i don't take ANY form of fiction seriously... its not real, so theres no reason to. yes i can feel sad/creeped out/scared or w/e but overall im not going to give it the same critic i would something thats real

how the hell am i supposed to know how serious they were supposed to be? its a fucking cartoon.... i have no idea whats going on in the mind of the creator, so the safest bet is to just let it be, whining does not change anything and it shouldn't the creators are free to do as they please so if they decide to change their mind for w/e reason, they can

who knows, maybe a creator says "hey, this is now animated, so lets throw in a panty shot" idfk, but taking advantage of animation and doing something that makes no sense because of it is part of the beauty of it

Wow. I've actually lost a lot of respect for you Mamster.
May 20, 2016 10:03 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TitanAnteus said:

Wow. I've actually lost a lot of respect for you Mamster.

that is fine, i say shit all the time that makes people say wtf?, but its going to remain my opinion whether you like it or not

when people start making arguments about moe/loli/ecchi/fanservice etc that can't be said about other elements of anime, then ill stop going on annoying rants
EcchiGodMamsterMay 20, 2016 10:08 AM
May 20, 2016 10:09 AM

May 2015
Z-Dante said:

zurgboy00 said:
"TOO MUCH ECCHI" Did you hit your head or something? so your one of those people who says "I WATCH ECCHI FOR THE PLOT"?

Apparently you didn't read and second why would you even watch HOTD for the plot. There are other anime's that has the same plot with better emphasis on it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 10:09 AM

Aug 2014
Mamster-P said:
Snappynator said:

Taking a show that is probably trying to be serious as serious is the same as being critically? That really makes no sense at all. One can tell whether or not a show is trying to be serious, funny, relaxing or whatever based upon the tone of the show, the themes and how it handles the elements.

You can see that Another doesn't try to be some lighthearted SoL with funny moments, but instead is trying to be a serious, dark horror show. You can see that No game No Life isn't trying to be some dark, thought provoking show that is trying to ask you philosophical questions but instead is a funny comedy that overexaggerates in order to make the show hilarious. It's not impossible to see whether or not a show is trying to be serious or not, it's something you can judge based on how it tries to execute everything. In Grisaia's case, the ending of the 1st ep alone should tell you that it isn't just trying to be some very funny half hearted comedy show, but is going to be more serious later on.

Alot of the moments that were adapted from Michiru's story shows a serious tone to it, are you really going to tell me

There is a time and place for extreme ecchi, such as in NGNL where it fits well with the show and tones of it, but not so much in some of the moments of Grisaia, where it just doesn't go well with it.
May 20, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
Ecchi is never too much..............
May 20, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
@Wensbane
You rated DXD a 4? You serious?
Get out of ecchi genre! While you still had time!
Seriously m8, if "you don't want boobs in your face" you should had picked harem!
Haters always gonna hate.
May 20, 2016 10:15 AM

Dec 2015
Mamster-P said:
HaXXspetten said:
Highschool of the Dead is a pretty good example. Despite the setting it's completely impossible to take seriously due to the hilariously exaggerated fanservice, but at the same time it's impossible to just lean back and enjoy the ecchi since you're watching a zombie horror apocalypse. I.E: do one or the other, not both

there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SERIOUS about HoTD..... the anime is even drawn by a HENTAI artist..... wtf did people expect?

the names of the episodes are even parodies and the fanservice was supposed to be extreme

the entire point of the series was the contrast between the horror and sexiness, why do people complain about that show?

do people not realize that death/gore =/= serious? just cause ppl die doesn't mean you're supposed to "feel bad"

people literally complain about what is the entire point of the series... no its not serious, its supposed to make no sense

1. I really think you might be reading too deep into things when you say the entire series was about juxtaposing sex and horror.
2. That's still a shitty concept to decide to commit to paper.
May 20, 2016 10:16 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Snappynator said:

You can see that Another doesn't try to be some lighthearted SoL with funny moments, but instead is trying to be a serious, dark horror show. You can see that No game No Life isn't trying to be some dark, thought provoking show that is trying to ask you philosophical questions but instead is a funny comedy that overexaggerates in order to make the show hilarious. It's not impossible to see whether or not a show is trying to be serious or not, it's something you can judge based on how it tries to execute everything. In Grisaia's case, the ending of the 1st ep alone should tell you that it isn't just trying to be some very funny half hearted comedy show, but is going to be more serious later on.

Alot of the moments that were adapted from Michiru's story shows a serious tone to it, are you really going to tell me

There is a time and place for extreme ecchi, such as in NGNL where it fits well with the show and tones of it, but not so much in some of the moments of Grisaia, where it just doesn't go well with it.

i didn't say its "not trying to be serious" im trying to say that i can't delve into the mind of the creator and maybe they have some ulterior motives for their choices, and again, i don't see how throwing a few panty shots in their did anything wrong, when everything else was still the case

iirc everything you just mentioned was still in the anime, so what stopped just because they showed her panties a few times?

did the show stop? did the psychological elements stop?

or did YOU PERSONALLY lose focus?

if its the last one, that is a personal issue

@Bobby2Hands

the show isn't supposed to make sense and i don't see the problem with mixing both
May 20, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
i laugh hard every time when people say High School DxD or Hotd have a good plot xD
tragedydesuMay 20, 2016 10:29 AM
May 20, 2016 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
HOTD had too much ecchi and fanservice. I admit I enjoyed it since I didn't take it seriously and the show didn't take itself seriously by showing us they're actually enjoying themselves killing zombies and sometimes not giving a fuck to the situation. I mean if you see Saeko's boob matrix, you'll know what I mean. That was some crazy funny shit by Araki. Come to think of it again, when I started HOTD, i hadn't watch any ecchi in like 2 months except for netoge of course. I think what helped HOTD be enjoyable is the animation, good protagonist, cool action sequence, the camera shots, and those slow-motion effects tetsurou Araki likes to throw like takashi's bike scene was awesome for example . The director is certainly inspired by western cinematography. I think the studio knew this anime would kinda suck and hired one of the best directors to make up for it.
May 20, 2016 10:27 AM

Sep 2009
Lol, those Highschool DxD fanboys are giving me headaches. Gosh, it makes me laugh how they are calling it as "masterpiece" damn, i lost my sh*t.

I've given 5 score to that show. It wasn't bad but not good either. I hated it coz of "fanservice > plot" thing. Watched it because i have HUGE interest in Nordic mythology. (my friend recommended it) Also fallen angels + devils were plus for reason to watching. But i was so disappointed when i watched first episode, It was nothing but a stupid generic harem ecchi show. Waited for get better in later episodes but nah, never did. But it was nice to know Rias, she became one of my favorite characters. I don't know if i will be able to watch second season though...

Anyway, i don't care if fanservice or ecchi blended with plot well. (e.g. Prison School, B Gata H Kei, Nazo no Kanojo X)

Btw i don't consider Grisaia series as ecchi, yeah there were some fanservice-y scenes but not that deep you can see in a typical ecchi show.
VargnattMay 20, 2016 10:33 AM

May 20, 2016 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Rayzer said:
@Wensbane
You rated DXD a 4? You serious?
Get out of ecchi genre! While you still had time!
Seriously m8, if "you don't want boobs in your face" you should had picked harem!

Fite me, bro. Rias ain't even the best girl! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 20, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
@tragedydesu,
I laugh those people saying CGDCT had a good plot.
They are just basically pedos who like naked kids.

@Wensbane
Sorry m8. I don't argue with worthless people.
RayzerMay 20, 2016 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
@Rayzer
im not a fan of any CGDCT anime (i just used this gif for fun)
both cgdct and ecchi cant have a good plot

Jul 2014
Mamster-P said:
@Gensan

ok, ill be honest

if you are a fan of manga or a VN and a scene completely changes in the anime, i can see why you'd complain, BUT the ecchi isn't the problem... the problem is that the scene changed
scene change is always happen when adapting text medium to visual medium.

Mamster-P said:

what was different about the scene with michiru in the grisaia anime as apposed to the VN? was the dialogue changed? if not, i don't see how zooming in on her panties or w/e (i cant remember) would affect what was going on
feeling. the feeling is completely different from source. Ecchi never been a problem but adding Ecchi just for the sake of adding it, waste the time to explore other aspect(when the episode count already short itself).

Mamster-P said:

as long as everything that happened in the scene still happened (just maybe with some different camera angles) i don't see the problem
Anime is visual medium, it presents the feeling through visual. it kill the tone when something happens with wrong timing and when it isnt suppose to be. that isnt just ecchi problem but also comedy and serious moment e.g Gintama(sometime)

Mamster-P said:

and how does seeing a girls panties in a "serious moement" "kill the scene?"

feeling, mood.
Mamster-P said:

do you get horny and start touching yourself?

it's not out of place for me to touch myself. when i move my hand, it means i plan it and expect it.
Mamster-P said:

is that then all you can think about from then on?

Or you should ask producer " is that all you can do as visual telling?"

Mamster-P said:

idk even someone like me gets through ecchi scenes pretty much as if theyre just another scene.... it just doesn't make sense to me, nothing else in the show "stops" just cause they angle the camera a certain way or zoom in somewhere, w/e

Or you just a huge ecchi fan that ecchi scene feel normal to you.
ecchi is ecchi for me.
normal is normal for me.
serious is serious for me.
I enjoy ecchi, i enjoy comedy, i enjoy action but when thing happens out of where and out of place, it's just isnt for me.
May 20, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Rayzer said:

@Wensbane
Sorry m8. I don't argue with worthless scumbags people.

Goddamn... knew I shouldn't have offended your waifu.

Let's be real though, Chun-Li = best DxD girl.
May 20, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2015
zurgboy00 said:
Z-Dante said:

That's why
Apparently you didn't read and second why would you even watch HOTD for the plot. There are other anime's that has the same plot with better emphasis on it.
That's why I'm saying you're misunderstanding the term "Plot" her.

In ecchi language, Plot = Physics + Chemistry + Biology

Chemistry = Fanservice + Comedy + Character interactions

Biology = Healthy falling on oppai or accidentally gropeing them.
Z-DanteMay 20, 2016 10:52 AM
May 20, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Nordavind said:
Lol, those Highschool DxD fanboys are giving me headaches. Gosh, it makes me laugh how they are calling it as "masterpiece" damn, makes me cringe.

Elitist spotted. If you don't like something as much doesn't mean others won't either. Yeah after watching dozens of ecchi/harem shows it was a masterpiece for me. Never watched another ecchi like it.
May 20, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2014
@tragedydesu
Oh, really? Why you got tons of it on your list?
Are you like the OP who don't like naked girls but still watch ecchi?
Such mentality. It's makes me sick.

Seriously, I don't care. This thread was made for trolling.
May 20, 2016 10:41 AM

Jun 2015
I gotta agree with TheBrainintheJar saying that it's not about the amount, but the way it's presented. Gimme as many naked babes as you can, just don't expect me to take a plot point seriously while I'm hard.
May 20, 2016 10:43 AM

Sep 2009
_Yato_God said:
Nordavind said:
Lol, those Highschool DxD fanboys are giving me headaches. Gosh, it makes me laugh how they are calling it as "masterpiece" damn, makes me cringe.

Elitist spotted. If you don't like something as much doesn't mean others won't either. Yeah after watching dozens of ecchi/harem shows it was a masterpiece for me. Never watched another ecchi like it.

Hah, i wouldn't consider myself as elitist ;D you can visit my profile if you want. I would love to be but i don't think that i have high standarts when it comes to tastes...

Also, I don't have any problems with ecchi, in fact i like it. But please don't bite when people criticize something that you're fan of. That's annoying.

May 20, 2016 10:45 AM
Nov 2014
No such thing as too much ecchi, just people with shit taste. 100% fact.
May 20, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
@Wensbane,
She's not my waifu. I don't even collect figures or any otaku items. They are disgusting
And the last time I updated my character was Summer 2015.
She's just there because there's no better new characters to replace her.
May 20, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
Nordavind said:
_Yato_God said:

Hah, i wouldn't consider myself as elitist ;D you can visit my profile if you want. I would love to be but i don't think that i have high standarts when it comes to tastes...

Also, I don't have any problems with ecchi, in fact i like it. But please don't bite when people criticize something that you're fan of. That's annoying.

You were kinda directing your insults towards the fans rather than the show itself.
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
[quote=Gensan message=46106315][quote=Mamster-P message=46105791]@Gensan

then why do people get so surprised when it happens?

Mamster-P said:

feeling. the feeling is completely different from source. Ecchi never been a problem but adding Ecchi just for the sake of adding it, waste the time to explore other aspect(when the episode count already short itself).

but the show doesn't stop just because they show ecchi

Mamster-P said:

Anime is visual medium, it presents the feeling through visual. it kill the tone when something happens with wrong timing and when it isnt suppose to be. that isnt just ecchi problem but also comedy and serious moment e.g Gintama(sometime)

yet you only see people blame ecchi for this.... and i still don't see how a panty shot kills the mood, its part of the show, the only thing that "distracts me from the show" is outside interference

Mamster-P said:

feeling, mood.

so you go from feeling what to what?

Mamster-P said:

it's not out of place for me to touch myself. when i move my hand, it means i plan it and expect it.

what?

Mamster-P said:

the fact that you said "all you can do" when its literally just A FEW shots shows that you're paying way too much attention to it

ALL they can do =/= a few shots

Mamster-P said:

ecchi is ecchi for me.
normal is normal for me.
I enjoy ecchi, i enjoy comedy, i enjoy action but when thing happens out of where and out of place, it's just isnt for me.

i do not complain about any sort of "distraction" in anime, it has nothing to do with the fact that im an ecchi fan, the problem is ecchi is what gets blamed 90% of the time

its just too obvious that people are just too easily distracted by it as even if theres just a few shots here and their many people including you will say "this is all its about"

its like if in an anime they occasionally zoom in on a nature scene every now and then then someone saying that all the anime is about is nature scenes
Jul 2018
Rayzer said:
@tragedydesu

The whole point of the Anime Challenge is to expand your horizons. Watch stuff you wouldn't normally watch.
I don't regret watching High School DxD because it's supposed to be the magnum opus of ecchi and now I have a better understanding of the genre.

I have no problem with "naked girls" but there's a limit. I find it funny that most people who came here to defend DxD don't even bother explaining why it's so amazing. I'm supposed to just take their word for it and change my score or something.

Also, if you think this is a troll thread just report it and move on. At first I thought you were only kidding, but now it seems you've really taken this personally. Don't. And my opinion isn't gonna change anyone's views so stop making such a big deal out of it.
May 20, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
Nordavind said:
_Yato_God said:

Reread your comment you didn't criticized anime you criticized the "fans" of the show, so that automatically means you critisized me cause I rated it 10 as well.
May 20, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Rayzer said:
@tragedydesu

lol , you mean shiori?
this girl is not sexualised in any way
she was just pure cuteness
May 20, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2009
AltoRoark said:
Nordavind said:

You were kinda directing your insults towards the fans rather than the show itself.

I know, but you guys are getting angry at the same time when Free fangirls are implying that show is a masterpiece. Don't you think it's very double standard-ish?

@_Yato_God Are you sure? Seriously? Please, reread my first comment, how i criticized the show as well, not just fans.

Oh, man. *sigh*
VargnattMay 20, 2016 10:59 AM

May 20, 2016 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
@tragedydesu
What I mean is why you got tons of CGDCT if you don't like it?
I didn't even say anything about "sexualised in a way".

@Wensbane,
Why you don't find it for yourself?
Watch DXD NEW since it's a lot better than the previous.
So you can see why it's ranked highest on it's franchise.
And please don't quote the post that wasn't for you.

RayzerMay 20, 2016 11:38 AM
May 20, 2016 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
Mamster-P said:
Snappynator said:

i didn't say its "not trying to be serious" im trying to say that i can't delve into the mind of the creator and maybe they have some ulterior motives for their choices, and again, i don't see how throwing a few panty shots in their did anything wrong, when everything else was still the case

iirc everything you just mentioned was still in the anime, so what stopped just because they showed her panties a few times?

did the show stop? did the psychological elements stop?

or did YOU PERSONALLY lose focus?

if its the last one, that is a personal issue
The point isn't whether or not anything got ruined or whatever by it. The point is that the ecchi is not appropriate for those kind of scenes, because they contribute absolutely nothing besides being pointless fanservice that can affect the serious tones those scenes may have been trying to make.
May 20, 2016 11:08 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Snappynator said:
The point isn't whether or not anything got ruined or whatever by it. The point is that the ecchi is not appropriate for those kind of scenes, because they contribute absolutely nothing besides being pointless fanservice that can affect the serious tones those scenes may have been trying to make.

whether or not something is appropriate for a moment is entirely up to the creator, and there are probably just as many people who aren't bothered by it or like it as there are people who complain, what about us? what about the people who like it? im sure the creators enjoy throwing random things in for no reason

if its not ruining the scene, why does it matter? can't the creator just do what he wants?

and theres all kinds of scenes in cartoons/anime/movies w/e that make no sense or seem out of place, thats the beauty of fiction, its doesnt have to make sense

saying "this should only be done here or in this kind of scenario" kind of destroys the entire point of fiction and i personally see it as a form of censorship

"only doing what what makes sense" is fucking boring... throwing some wtf shit at us is part of what makes fiction so appealing
May 20, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
@nordavind

I don't even care whatever you say to the show or whether you rate it 1, 5 or 10.

But I don't like others to implement their opinions on others, everyone got their own opinion and taste. You being a female most likely won't find DxD good, and B gata H kei is not DxD kind of ecchi.

But your comment's first paragraph is clearly an attack to the fans of this show. I won't argue any further. (:
May 20, 2016 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
[quote=Mamster-P message=46106449][quote=Gensan message=46106315]
Mamster-P said:
@Gensan

then why do people get so surprised when it happens?

No, Alot of people is fine with Steins,Gate, Monogatari, Kara no Kyoukai and other.
people angry when the change add nothing to story, characterization, development.
-e.g Grisaia.- tell me what does that panty shot add to her characterization?
Mamster-P said:

Mamster-P said:

but the show doesn't stop just because they show ecchi
who said it stops? but the visual trying to tell different thing from dialogue and situation which is killing the mood.
Mamster-P said:

Mamster-P said:

yet you only see people blame ecchi for this.... and i still don't see how a panty shot kills the mood, its part of the show, the only thing that "distracts me from the show" is outside interference
Because you see it as normal while i see it as ecchi.
the show like prison school, TLRD, Monster musume and the like are fine because i expect it and it isnt trying to be something else but Grisaia? No.
Mamster-P said:

Mamster-P said:

feeling, mood.

so you go from feeling what to what?

When i read it in text, Her inner conflict with my own imaginary, it simulate the lost feeling, fear and such. but when it present in grisaia it's panty shot.

Mamster-P said:

Mamster-P said:

what?
Care to elaborate of your 'what'?
Mamster-P said:

Mamster-P said:

the fact that you said "all you can do" when its literally just A FEW shots shows that you're paying way too much attention to it

starting to attack word literally instead of trying to see what i mean now?
you can stop the argument if you dont feel like it. I'm not talking about the whole series but as a important point, a serious point. instead of using metaphor and such what they add to the serious tone is a panty shot?

And no it's the opposite. the scene is out of where/odd that's why it gets too much attention.

Mamster-P said:

Mamster-P said:

ecchi is ecchi for me.
normal is normal for me.

i do not complain about any sort of "distraction" in anime, it has nothing to do with the fact that im an ecchi fan, the problem is ecchi is what gets blamed 90% of the time
because most of time the filler is just happened to be ecchi? ecchi isnt the problem but just the bad scene happened to be with ecchi? and what does ecchi getting blame 90% of time has anything to do with me?
i dont blame the ecchi but the usage of time that can be better.

Mamster-P said:

its just too obvious that people are just too easily distracted by it as even if theres just a few shots here and their many people including you will say "this is all its about"
people easily distract to odd things.
GensanMay 20, 2016 11:21 AM
May 20, 2016 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
@Rayzer
i didnt watch a lot of cgdct ....
im planning to watch Shirobako and Hibike! Euphonium because i dont have anything to do x)
May 20, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2015
Depends what the anime is trying to do. If the main purpose of the anime is to basically be softcore porn I don't see why there would be a limit.
May 20, 2016 11:17 AM

Dec 2015
anobaka said:
This High School DxD anime sounds like truly great stuff. The only problem is that, judging from the photos, it has this ugly Clannad face design.

Lol no, its rather the opposite, what the fuck xD

tragedydesu said:
@Rayzer
im not a fan of any CGDCT anime (i just used this gif for fun)
both cgdct and ecchi cant have a good plot

Comparing to any other ecchi series DxD is quite fun to watch plotwise
About HotD....well I looked at it as a parody of some sort. I sure enjoyed it ^^

@mamster-p You okay there buddy? XD
RobiiiiMay 20, 2016 11:23 AM
May 20, 2016 11:20 AM

Sep 2009
_Yato_God said:
@nordavind

I don't even care whatever you say to the show or whether you rate it 1, 5 or 10.

But I don't like others to implement their opinions on others, everyone got their own opinion and taste. You being a female most likely won't find DxD good, and B gata H kei is not DxD kind of ecchi.

But your comment's first paragraph is clearly an attack to the fans of this show. I won't argue any further. (:

Being female doesn't mean that i wouldn't enjoy ecchi anime. I know, most of girls don't but i do. Also i said "as long as it's blended with plot i'm good with it." Maybe B gata H Kei wasn't but Prison School was hard ecchi in fact and borderline hentai we can say but i rated it high. Need more ecchi shows like that. Also I didn't bashed neither attacked to fans. It's just funny how fanboys are protecting that show just like as if that created by themselves. Are you producer or director or mangaka of Highschool DxD, No? I said i'm not hater either i'm not even bashing the show like most of guys did to fujoshi shows...

Anyway i won't continue to argue about that anymore. *sigh*

May 20, 2016 11:25 AM

May 2016
I dislike most ecchi anime because i dont want random boobs appearing in my anime and because the plot is ... ehm you know. However i liked konosuba and now netoge even though they had the ecchi tags
May 20, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
Nordavind said:
Lol, those Highschool DxD fanboys are giving me headaches. Gosh, it makes me laugh how they are calling it as "masterpiece" damn, i lost my sh*t.

If they consider it to be a masterpiece where ecchi anime are concerned, what's the problem? I mean, as far as fanservice, plot and comedy go, it has a fairly decent balance. It's always going to be hard to mix tits with a serious story because they're quite juxtaposing elements. With that in mind, DxD doesn't do the worst job of combining them.

Comparing it to many other ecchi series, like Seikon no Qwaser, Shinmai Maou no Testament, etc, I would say it is indeed a step above the rest. Calling it a masterpiece is just where the fan-bias comes in, but it's certainly not bad as far as ecchi series go. It's quite plausible that people would hold it in high regard.

But I'm not quite sure what's so funny about that. Unless you're just hating on ecchi anime in general. I dunno.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

24 by alshu »»
36 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

40 by FanofAction »»
49 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 6 hours ago

16 by TsutanaiFuun »»
56 minutes ago

» Who is allowed to give proper canon information in your favorite anime fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

8 by LenRea »»
1 hour ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Jun 11

7 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.