Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 4, 2015 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
Ehhh. I think this was a disappointing solution to the the mystery. Most people figured it out since episode 3 or 4. Her being pregnant was the big theory all along. So, when it was actually revealed in this episode, it wasn't much of a surprise. Something like this could have been an awesome twist, but not when everyone had figured it out in the first place.

Not sure if it's a bad thing to follow discussions when it comes to a mystery series, or if the mystery in general just wasn't very good.

And now, people are saying(another theory/speculation)

I hope that theory's not true; otherwise, the entire mystery has kind of been ruined.
Dec 4, 2015 1:55 AM
Dec 2010
I just can't bring myself to like the main characters in this show. Moe is soooo irritating. She has just grated on me each and every episode. The only thing keeping me watching at this point is my curiosity and the mystery surrounding Dr. Migata.

The mystery components of this show are great, but just about everyone that populates the world infuriates the hell out of me. I'm going to be somewhat relieved when the show finally ends.
Dec 4, 2015 2:13 AM
Jan 2014
MapleRose said:
Haha the system crashed due to integer overflow of a hard-coded variable, you could say it's a ticking time bomb XD I like that the mystery is solved with Math and Computer Science =D

Still not sure what "Subete ga F ni naru" means, nor what her motives are (the 2 are probably related).

StawberriDec 4, 2015 2:23 AM
Dec 4, 2015 2:44 AM
Oct 2007
It doesn't make any sense for that room in episode 4 to be locked if the killer had already escaped. It couldn't had been to hide something or anything since it appears anyone can command the robot to lock/unlock the door.

There is also the noise of what sounds like something either opening or closing before the robot unlocks the door (doesn't occur when they robot locks the door). Also why does a robot that was built to lock/unlock the door in a place with only 2 people ask "Who's there?"

Considering that we also find out Shiki killed her parents because they didn't want her to have the child, I find it hard to believe she would just turn around and kill her daughter 15 years later.
Dec 4, 2015 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
JPthugnificent said:
Jroflcopter said:
just wondering why the pc wouldn't create a file that's 12:00 (1) because that's normally the case with duplicates

block100 said:
Also I'm pretty sure a file wouldn't overwrite an existing file but instead put a (1) after it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Cuz duplicate named files will either have (1) next to them or the system will ask for confirmation on whether to keep the previous file or replace it with the new one. Maybe their excuse is that the OS is different :P

This is not a excuse. They are using custom OS based on unix. This is only 1 line in code to change (overwriting instead renaming). BTW it's not even a matter of OS. This is a matter of app which handles cameras, which was written by them too. Nothing really strange. This is pretty normal in monitoring systems. Camera software is overwriting old/same files(in car monitoring for example).

So, you guys are wrong :)

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
The real question is: who is the father?... unimportant, or did I miss something?

Seriously?
rsc-plDec 4, 2015 3:45 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 4, 2015 4:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well the daughter part was pretty much expected, but the room escape I did not see coming. That was pretty smart. Though I had the same thought as many others in this thread, namely that a copy ought to be named (1) rather than overwriting it but otherwise..

Looking forward to hearing the whole explanation~
Dec 4, 2015 5:14 AM
Dec 2012
Mormegil said:
Ehhh. I think this was a disappointing solution to the the mystery. Most people figured it out since episode 3 or 4. Her being pregnant was the big theory all along. So, when it was actually revealed in this episode, it wasn't much of a surprise. Something like this could have been an awesome twist, but not when everyone had figured it out in the first place.

Not sure if it's a bad thing to follow discussions when it comes to a mystery series, or if the mystery in general just wasn't very good.

I hope that theory's not true; otherwise, the entire mystery has kind of been ruined.

Mysteries are supposed to be solvable so obviously it will feel underwhelming if it drags out for months. It's far from a bad mystery but over 5 eps for this? Lol.
Dec 4, 2015 5:47 AM

Oct 2014
Good episode. So the Daughter Theory was proved correct.
But now I think that it wasn't the daughter who was the killer. She was the victim. And Magata was the one who killed her. She cut the limbs so that no one would find out through the finger-prints that she wasn't the one murdered. It could also explain why "Magata" always wore gloves. It wasn't her but the daughter who wore them. She did this so that her fingerprints won't be left anywhere.
And IIRC, some characters also said that she had a child-like appearance. This only adds to the theory.
Dec 4, 2015 6:41 AM
Jan 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
The real question is: who is the father?... unimportant, or did I miss something?

Yes you missed the point where her uncle had sex with her, which is godamn hard to miss they have hinted at it a lot.

I really hope this is bait.
Mormegil said:

Of course they figured it out, it's not like there's a source material or a live action drama they could have watched before hand, oh wait...

It's just like the people that figured Rokka no Yuusha out, not that it was that hard, but most of those people had already read the Light Novel or they read a spoiler. But most of them will try to deny it though.
Shock_YinDec 4, 2015 6:56 AM

Dec 4, 2015 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
So everything fits together now...only thing left is where is magata shiki and what were her motives...
Dec 4, 2015 7:09 AM

May 2012
Shock_Bait said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Yes you missed the point where her uncle had sex with her, which is godamn hard to miss they have hinted at it a lot.

Mormegil said:

Of course they figured it out, it's not like there's a source material or a live action drama they could have watched before hand, oh wait...

It's just like the people that figured Rokka no Yuusha out, not that it was that hard, but most of those people had already read the Light Novel or they read a spoiler. But most of them will try to deny it though.
The hints weren't even that subtle to begin with (teddy bear.. toys.. chairs and rooms for two people.. shiki acting surprised when she was being asked who she really is..). I believe that's because it wasn't written for anime format.
Dec 4, 2015 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
The Uncle , i guess ? i mean with all the incestuous scenes they've shown , it can only be him , Jeez did she really kill her daughter and Cut her legs and arms ? Oo
Jonesy974 said:
Only questions I really have left are how did Magata take care of her daughter, especially in her infant years
Same here how the fuck did she managed to get diapers , food for baby , i don't know how thick the doors are but they have to be really thick if nobody has ever heard a baby crying
Dec 4, 2015 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
The supposition came up with the two leaders then was not as weird as I imagined well, after all, there was the one certain thing ...! Narrative has become more complicated after the speech that they started talking about computer science, something unknown to me until that moment the story was enjoyable enough, although I wish more characterization on the two protagonists. Drawings and animations of good, than before, the level qualiativo got up to a lot, a little less than the scenery.
However, thinking in cold blood the only solution that comes, is that it was Shiki escaped and fake his death, that's why the body does not have the arms.
Dec 4, 2015 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
I honestly guessed that Shiki had a child in episode 3 or something. It was pretty obvious.

The "Everything Becomes F" -> 1+65535 = FFFF in 16-bit binary system (2^16=65536) trick doesn't mean all that much to me. I was only able to understand it after someone well-versed in CS explained it to me.

Though Shiki killing her own daughter and escaping by herself is a bit of a surprise (I guessed this and is confirmed by novel readers). Still not that profound though.

I guess all in all, the question comes down to, so what? This is just a story of a psycho, genius girl who ruined other people's lives, and one cheating husband. Audience really have no reasons to care about these two's story. I would be much more interested in Sohei and Moe's back story.

Not nearly impressed with this anime as I had hoped.

VanishingKira said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I see, there were two people inside the room. Magata has a daughter! That explained it!
Only took 9 episodes to get to this point.
Nice sarcasm.
bunny1ov3rDec 4, 2015 8:08 AM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 4, 2015 8:06 AM

May 2015
That was a nice few reveals at the end, however, it feels frustrating that it took so damn long to get to the climax. It was pretty obvious that Magata wasn't dead, honestly.
Dec 4, 2015 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
people need to realize its not about the obvious reveal but its about HOW WE GOT HERE

mystery tends to be about the process rather than the result and in most mysteries the most obvious answer is the right one.

ppl really need to start reading more mystery books so they can understand the genre better rather than wanting some insane plot twist thriller type thing.

they try to hint us towards this so WE get the answer fairly early on before the reveal happens.
Dec 4, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
Kaoreen said:
those noitaminA anime posters though

awesome right?
Dec 4, 2015 8:34 AM

Oct 2008
Can understand why people are disappointed with the reveal. The hints were everywhere... and people had A LOT of time to think. Of course it just took one person on the forums to make the correct hypothesis for everyone else to get that possibility in their heads as well so it lost the impact it should have had.
Dec 4, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2012
moodie said:
people need to realize its not about the obvious reveal but its about HOW WE GOT HERE

mystery tends to be about the process rather than the result and in most mysteries the most obvious answer is the right one.

ppl really need to start reading more mystery books so they can understand the genre better rather than wanting some insane plot twist thriller type thing.

they try to hint us towards this so WE get the answer fairly early on before the reveal happens.

If it's padded with filler from the start of the case up till the beginning of the revelation it's not that great of a journey to begin with. It's just a boring closed circle case. Simply said the anime is too long. It's clearly written in a way with the status quo doing detective work so why not just adapt two cases.
Dec 4, 2015 8:46 AM

Oct 2012
I really liked the whole thing with the clock. one bit ~ one grain of sand huh. very cute.
but then, imagining that she gave birth alone? what the fuck? a 14 yo kid?

Dec 4, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2010
CandyFace said:
A small potential plothole regarding the video file. i'm almost positive that the extra copy of the 12_00 file would have been renamed as 12_00_1 or similar. I've never seen a system being able to do a overwrite without permission or consent from the user, not on PC, Mac or the various distributions of linux i've used. Though of course if they have (which i recall Yukihiro saying) programmed the OS themselves, then it could have been a part of the plan from the beginning, meaning that one of the programmers has been in on the murder.

Seems like we're finally getting to the bottom of this case. Very interesting episode.

I'm also answering for other people asking the same thing.
This is not a plothole. You just never used the command line or a filesystem API in your life. The default behavior is usually to override, append, or fail the operation, not to ask the user (the "rm" and the "cp" commands will never confirm by default, and that's the case for every similar command in every OS). When you're asked for confirmations about deleting or replacing a file, it is a safeguard from the application you're using (typically, the file explorer) against normal users who might commit accidental things.
For example, when you play a game, it stores a save file somewhere. When you load your game, it reads the file then closes it. When you save your game, it will override the save file, without telling you that there was already one.
Dec 4, 2015 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
its like a saikawa vs magata showdown. baby theory confirmed, i was hoping it would be something different because it was always at the back of my head during this episode
Dec 4, 2015 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
Mormegil said:

Not really, it actually makes sense. Unlike, the live action drama, this anime adaptation has been made in way that it is letting the viewers come up with some sort of reasonable conclusions.
jose21Dec 4, 2015 10:42 AM
Dec 4, 2015 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
So that confirms the daughter theory. Execution and build up was really well done, Loved the episode.

Math and Computer Science solving the case xD.

Though regarding the overflow of the integer bit,
Moe calculates 65,535 hours before 7:00 AM so doesn't that mean the overflow would occur at 8:00 AM assuming the integer increments 1 for each hour? Were we given the time when the door opened?

Also the reset happened on the current day at 11:00 AM while the murder supposedly happened 2 days back, So if this same concept of losing 1 minute was to have happened for Shiki to make it to the roof, Was the overflow responsible for the system time offset?
Just looking for clarification, Hopefully everything will be explained in detail next episode.
Dec 4, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2015
HAHAHA..... This episode blown my mind. The way the killer went out of the room, that one blown my mind.
The one who killed Magata was Shiki, but at the end, Souhei said Magata Shiki, so the one who died was Magata's daughter ? Anyway, i already predict the one who killed Magata was her own daughter, cause that is the only logical explanation, but who was the one that died? That is the real question now.
Moe is so genius. i wish i have a brain like her.

Seriosly, i like how the killer got out from the room. I really like that one. Time for the climax, can't wait for it :D. 4/5
YizelTroDec 4, 2015 11:57 AM
Dec 4, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
Wow everything is resolving now, only this ending that left me in doubt, but I think Dr Magata killed her daughter and recording and herself.

WARNING ONLY FOR NO.6 POSTER
Dec 4, 2015 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
Called It, magata had a daughter and it was magata herself who committed the crime XD

How do you know the baby is a girl? this plan can only be possible if she was a girl, if it was a boy this wouldn't work and she would have done something else.

There is obviously more to it then just she hacked her daughter to pieces.
Dec 4, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
Oh Shit! Magata killed her own child?! ⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃
Dec 4, 2015 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, I was not expecting that. Can't believe I didn't get it. I'm pissed with myself.

So now did the daughter escape after killing her mother or did Shiki kill her daughter to escape?

Actually loving this anime so much. The OP and ED are amazing. And the plot is pretty freaking good, if slow.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Dec 4, 2015 3:20 PM

Sep 2014
Well this was pretty cool. The child wasn't that much of a surprise and didn't really have any impact, but how the killer got out was pretty interesting!

Now to see who's dead and who's alive! I hope the final episodes will be great!
Dec 4, 2015 3:44 PM
Mar 2009
My theory was that somebody could have hidden in the trolley thing, under the corpse, since nobody checked it at there was a complete blackout for a few seconds + the flashing light + no cameras in the hallway (or so it seemed) and escaped that way. Because else this whole charade with the trolley wouldn't make any sense, there would be no need for a diversion tactic if you can just trick the camera into overwriting the footage of your escape.

I totally agree that this was way too much "build-up", and honestly I think the clues weren't very subtle (Shiki aka sister wearing a purple dress and the 100th mention about how "young" the "Shiki" in the videos looked...).
I don't like getting to the bottom of a mystery way before two supposed geniuses find the solution.

I really hope the ending is really shocking, else I'd say this was rather disappointing.
Dec 4, 2015 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
Well..this episode truly confirmed how bad this anime is, holy hell.

Okay, so while I completely doubted the "having a child" theory, apparently it's true. Great...so that STILL doesn't explain how everyone else didn't know about it. She cannot give birth by herself, someone else would have had to have known she was going to have a child. Everything is just too damn convenient or not fully fleshed out and left up to the viewer to interpret. I understand fiction is supposed to do that to some degree, but you cannot just go "lol yeah she had a kid, kthxbai." Doesn't work that way.

Moe is still pulling this romance shit nine episodes in? Fucking really? They're trying to figure out a case and she's all bent out of shape because of some clearly taken of out context thing said to her, clearly intending to rile her up. For God's sake, what a terrible character she is.

What a let down of a show. I'll finish it out so I can at least say I completed this mess.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 4, 2015 4:39 PM

Mar 2009
Shock_Bait said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Mormegil said:

Yeah, see, that's another problem. People who are pretending to speculate, but instead are just outright spoiling. No way to know for sure. Oh, well.
Dec 4, 2015 5:44 PM

Aug 2007
Mormegil said:

I feel the same way, I was one of the people who brought up that theory in this forum and was looking forward to being proved very wrong.
It's actually a bit strange how long it took Saikawa and Moe to get it. The moment the victim is a female and of child-bearing age, it becomes almost obvious.

Loved those posters on Shimada's room, though! No.6 for the win.
Dec 4, 2015 9:41 PM

Apr 2014
why are ppl saying theories? they were basically TELLING U THE ANSWER

it was up to the characters in the story to find it as well
Dec 5, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
besides the gundam models people might of missed the Fractale picture frame on the desk ha.. might be only person that remembers Fractales

File part was bothering me you would normally have to forcefully overwrite the file or else it would save as (1) (2) etc
Dec 5, 2015 2:16 AM

Nov 2015
Faylicia said:
omg I think I know why he knows the daughter was a girl. In the end when he talks to the killer he calls her "Magata Shiki" so assuming that Shiki killed her daughter then it would make sense to know that she is a girl. Shiki made it look as though *she* was the one being killed and not her daughter. Besides, who else could manage such an atrocious murder other than Shiki? We have already established that she is a sociopath and totally crazy (I hate her).
Also it was kind of funny how Moe got all angry when that fashion magazine woman (I don't remember her name) told her Saikawa-sensei stayed at her house. Um, well not funny, just kind of interesting. I wanted to see some development in their relationship.
Although I *do* have to say, everything unfolded too quickly, they went from not having a clue about the murder to knowing who the killer is and how they got in and out of the room. However, it still seems believable so I guess it's fine. I'm just kind of disappointed it didn't build up more tension.

Yep, so messed up. I'm disappointed. They could have done so much more. This was so easy to figure out. Geez.

I'm hoping Shiki at least had twins... like 2 girls or 1 boy & and 1 girl. Wouldn't that be awesome? And I'm hoping the "real" Magata Shiki is part of the crew, and was there all along in front of everybody's noses :).

Since nobody ever saw her for 15 years... nobody knows what she looks like for real. They only know of the "younger self" version aka Shiki's daughter.

Now I'm wondering whether Shiki actually killed her daughter AND the director, or whether the daughter & director were killed by somebody else (and was planning on killing her too perhaps?, and maybe that's why Shiki escaped?).

Argh, so many questions... 2 more episodes, eek!

If she actually did kill her daughter, then I'd like to know how, where, when and why. And where the heck all the blood went. I find it really hard to believe nobody knew or figured she was pregnant & had a kid (besides her parents). She must've had some assistance.

I'm also hoping there'll be some nice twist regarding her multiple personalities.
ElzheimerDec 5, 2015 5:35 AM
Dec 5, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2013
I'm sorry if this seems really dumb or if it's really obvious, but why would Shiki do this? I'm pretty sure that the one who was killed was her daughter, and that she would be able to do it, but I really can't see any clear motive... It wasn't like she was in prison, she put herself inside that room of her own volition, so I don't think it was to escape.
Dec 5, 2015 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
I'm so speechless right now I should have known that this theory was true the daughter pretending to be her mother this whole time
Dec 5, 2015 8:04 AM

Oct 2015
Stawberri said:
MapleRose said:
Haha the system crashed due to integer overflow of a hard-coded variable, you could say it's a ticking time bomb XD I like that the mystery is solved with Math and Computer Science =D

Still not sure what "Subete ga F ni naru" means, nor what her motives are (the 2 are probably related).

I guess it doesn't need a spoiler tag... but ok
Dec 5, 2015 6:42 PM

Nov 2012
I hope Saikawa tells us who the murderer is, before he dies of lungs failure...
Dec 5, 2015 8:36 PM

Feb 2013
Machiavellism said:
Well..this episode truly confirmed how bad this anime is, holy hell.

Okay, so while I completely doubted the "having a child" theory, apparently it's true. Great...so that STILL doesn't explain how everyone else didn't know about it. She cannot give birth by herself, someone else would have had to have known she was going to have a child. Everything is just too damn convenient or not fully fleshed out and left up to the viewer to interpret. I understand fiction is supposed to do that to some degree, but you cannot just go "lol yeah she had a kid, kthxbai." Doesn't work that way.
It's within the realm of possibility, even for a genius like Magata who likely had months to prepare herself for child birth. Of course it wasn't explained how, but delivering one's own baby isn't that hard to wrap my head around. Besides, how she did it is besides the point and not really worth making a fuss about.
Dec 5, 2015 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
Daughter theory confirmed!

I'm still guessing though that Saikawa Jr. wouldn't be able to do everything on her own. I can't imagine a frail girl dismembering a body on her own without help, I'm not being sexist. I'm thinking anatomy-wise.
臭い-
Dec 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Jun 2013
I really have to applaud the people that had the daughter theory. Good job. And though it's not completely confirmed yet, it's appears that Shiki did indeed murder her own daughter to escape.

darkbreaker said:
Stawberri said:

I guess it doesn't need a spoiler tag... but ok

Damn, I couldn't have guessed that. That's pretty clever in my mind.
-Trippwire-Dec 6, 2015 12:23 AM
Dec 6, 2015 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
One more thing. I may be looking into this too much, but...
Dec 6, 2015 1:04 AM

Dec 2012
It was very well done, with MAL I knew this possibility but it was well explained. I liked how they spoke of programming without too explained it, I understood this part but it was clouded for my brother. I think it was the goal ^^
Dec 6, 2015 3:48 AM

Aug 2012
4kicks said:
Holy shit, it's confirmed! There was actually two. Literally a perfect "insider."

Now we have some Transcendence stuff going on here. I'm guessing her mind is in the computer now.

Indeed , "The perfect insider " . Can't wait for next ep , will probably rewatch the whole series after it finishes.
Dec 6, 2015 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
I can't wait to see how they'll wrap this up, damn that last bit was intense!!
Dec 6, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2009
OMFG!
I was thinking the aunt could be the killer, but Magata had a child! What a surprise, this got really good!
Dec 6, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2015
What I don't understand is how Magata could have kept her daughters existence or even giving birth to her a secret. Something like that would have required some assistance and I doubt the robot was programmed to be a midwife... well I hope they clear that up in the coming episodes.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

229 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

176 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

81 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2015

141 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2015

125 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.