Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 15, 2015 2:33 PM
May 2015
Seriously protagonist suck when they are strong or normal of weak or anything. all OF THE 3 only is good
Oct 15, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Nakata Jouji as Ohtori's gun won me over :P

Nice lap pillow at the end too :3
Oct 15, 2015 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Thread Cleaned

Spoilers removed.
It doesn't matter if you spoiler your spoiler...if it didn't happen in this episode or the previous one(s)....don't talk about it.

So dude legit did get torn in half. I was wondering how bad it was during the series intro last week, but then noticed his legs were behind him.

Also, for people who think "Who killed Cock Robin" are just some random words: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_Robin
NTADOct 15, 2015 3:03 PM
Oct 15, 2015 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
Well, that was much better than the last episode at least. Good stuff, will keep watching. Still incredibly rushed though, no exposition at all. Like, I get the gist, but geez, feel free to explain some things like Relic Eaters etc.

NTAD said:
Thread Cleaned
Also, for people who think "Who killed Cock Robin" are just some random words: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_Robin

Nice, didn't know that nursery rhyme. Makes more sense now.
Oct 15, 2015 3:04 PM

Aug 2014
Let's get this harem started.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 15, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
Damn that was good.
Takeru got a power up...using a katana, nice!
Lapis is cute as hell. She is best girl!
Oct 15, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2014
-Dizzy- said:
OP was bit boring but I'm happy it wasn't filled with spoilers at least like some openings. Shame we didn't get to see how sick and twisted Haunted is.

Was "Hallmark Magic" a sub error or something because that really threw me off? Wasn't it supposed to be "Intristic Magic"?

the official translation isnt supposed to be "Hallmark Magic", it's "Intrinsic Magic"

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
That was a pretty good episode!
That Cock Robin part made me LOL for like half a minute.
"Who killed Cock Robin?"
"With my lance and sword"
"I killed Cock Robin!" HAHA
Read Toriko!
Oct 15, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Those people need a Japanese teen with chuunibyou to provide to then a better enchantment words to cast a magic U.u
Oct 15, 2015 3:20 PM

Jun 2015
NTAD said:
Thread Cleaned

Spoilers removed.
It doesn't matter if you spoiler your spoiler...if it didn't happen in this episode or the previous one(s)....don't talk about it.

So dude legit did get torn in half. I was wondering how bad it was during the series intro last week, but then noticed his legs were behind him.

Eehh! didn't know that!
Read Toriko!
Oct 15, 2015 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
Kyruga said:
Those people need a Japanese teen with chuunibyou to provide to then a better enchantment words to cast a magic U.u

i think those words were anime only o: i domt remember them from the novels.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2013
The transition was kinda weird in this episode. The scenes jumps on quickly on another one. But at least that Engrish was something. Nice ep.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 15, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
I get the feeling that there is a lot more about this world than we've been told thus far. Until I get good reasons otherwise my sympathies will always lie with the witches rather than the inquisitors.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 15, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2013
rodac said:
I get the feeling that there is a lot more about this world than we've been told thus far. Until I get good reasons otherwise my sympathies will always lie with the witches rather than the inquisitors.
Agreed. I keep reading "Inquisitors" as "Gestapo." Sougetsu sounded like a propaganda machine when he was spouting off in his office, too.
Oct 15, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2015
That armor was beast
Oct 15, 2015 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
Man, this show is making it hard for me to like it.

I don't get why the MC (whose voice I absolutely hate, btw) cares so much for someone who's done nothing but call them out and blow them off since they met. If the light-speed pacing were a little better, I might enjoy it much; they crammed four episodes of story into two, and I feel lost disappointed because of it.

I'm not voting on this poll, because I'm not allowed to do decimal votes. If I could, I'd give it a 2.5 because I enjoyed the action a little bit.
EHero09Oct 15, 2015 4:24 PM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 15, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2012
Still enjoyable, but not as good as last week. For one thing I really wish Ohtori had defeated that Alphonse Elric-esque enemy on her own, and it's implied she would have if not for outside interference. So of course the plot demands she fail so our male MC can make his pact with the loli Lapis, who I'm just not feeling yet as a character. Oh well. Seems like more Ohtori drama next week from her "kill all witches" mindset. I'm betting she'll clash over that witch at the beginning and end trying to join them.
Oct 15, 2015 4:26 PM

Mar 2010
I don't feel this was all that rushed or hard understand. You given everything you need to know even if somethings are immediately spelled out. It's doing a better job keeping interested compared to other 2 LN adaptations which are just fafting around with nothing but cliches. This feels like it's gonna some where and even if characters aren't unique they play off each other quite well.

DatRandomDude said:
That Cock Robin part was cringeworthy af
and that moment when he says ''i won't give you the cliché line about nothing good coming from revenge.'' ''In return, let me carry half your burden''
I just thought ''Dude, that was fuckin cliché too, jesus christ.''

Beside these 2 point, it was definitely better than the first episode, but still not that great.

Doesn't like you get what he saying at all then. Or why he saying as a Captain and someone wants to be a friend to someone has some respect for.
EHero09 said:
Man, this show is making it hard for me to like it.

I don't get why the MC (whose voice I absolutely hate, btw) cares so much for someone who's done nothing but call them out and blow them off since they met. If the light-speed pacing were a little better, I might enjoy it much; they crammed four episodes of story into two, and I feel lost because of it.

I'm not voting on this poll, because I'm not allowed to do decimal votes. If I could, I'd give it a 2.5 because I enjoyed the action a little bit.

I don't see what hard to understand here. To begin with he doesn't disagree with Ouka's harsh assessment of his teams performance that's why he has no grudge against her. But she still part of group whether she like or not and would be completely irresponsible of someone in his position to act like a child about it while she gets herself killed. Takeru is actually showing maturity by persistent in dealing with her problems if simply for the sake of team whole because she not bad person otherwise. He himself nice guy used to dealing with difficult people.

animefan8800 said:
Still enjoyable, but not as good as last week. For one thing I really wish Ohtori had defeated that Alphonse Elric-esque enemy on her own, and it's implied she would have if not for outside interference. So of course the plot demands she fail so our male MC can make his pact with the loli Lapis, who I'm just not feeling yet as a character. Oh well. Seems like more Ohtori drama next week from her "kill all witches" mindset. I'm betting she'll clash over that witch at the beginning and end trying to join them.

Unlike Takeru, Ouka refuses to forfill her contract with her Relic Eater which why she couldn't beat that Einherjar not because of skill. That's good reason which doesn't anything to do with Takeru being the main character.
Iron_MawOct 15, 2015 4:30 PM
Oct 15, 2015 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
It's just me or this episode had a bunch of Fate/Zero references?
Don't know what came out first, though xD
Oct 15, 2015 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
This was a lot better than the first episode. Second half of the episode with action-packed. Ouka used her Relic Eater weapon called Vlad which is dual pistols. Vlad takes some of Ouka's blood to release a pretty powerful attack. Kusagani intervenes but struggles to take out the Einherjar. Lapis finally shows up to Kusanagi and makes a contract with him. Kusanagi now has a pretty cool armour suit. The voice actor of Kusanagi voiced Wave in Akame ga Kill and his armour reminds me of his Grand Chariot. Really cool action though. I liked how his armour turned slightly gold when he absorbed the Einherjar's magic. OST was pretty badass too. Ouka finally smiled at the end~
Oct 15, 2015 5:31 PM

Mar 2009
Man, Takeru's seiyuu just doesn't match him. His voice doesn't fit.
Oct 15, 2015 5:43 PM
Aug 2015
Karas is that you?
Oct 15, 2015 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
Oh god, 3DCGI vs 3DCGI in a 2D environment.
Oct 15, 2015 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
Decent Episode action was pretty cool and the BGM was catchy but i'm not really a huge fan of CGI . Seriously what's more cliché ? saying something cliché or saying that you won't say something cliché but in fact you do . Definitely better than first episode that was Generic as F
and what the fuck was the "cock robin" thingy ? i was like "hmm okay"
Oct 15, 2015 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
don't know how to feel about this yet..not a fan of the full armor either

visually the OP is pretty cool but i only really like the ED.

and a ton of name drops of things i have no clue are hopefully they get around to it.
Oct 15, 2015 6:34 PM

Mar 2010
YukhioAihara said:
Decent Episode action was pretty cool and the BGM was catchy but i'm not really a huge fan of CGI . Seriously what's more cliché ? saying something cliché or saying that you won't say something cliché but in fact you do . Definitely better than first episode that was Generic as F

Actually Takeru saying it's fine her to seek revenge, just make sure to have a life outside of it. How is that cliche?
Oct 15, 2015 6:52 PM
May 2014
YukhioAihara said:

Who Killed Cock Robin is an English nursery rhyme, which has been much used as a murder archetype in world culture.
However, what she said after doesn't seem to be present in the rhyme.

First verse is:
Who killed Cock Robin?
I, said the Sparrow,
with my bow and arrow,
I killed Cock Robin.
konatachan80Oct 15, 2015 7:00 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 15, 2015 7:05 PM

Nov 2013
wow, the directors know well how to use 3DCG and 2D properly.
damn, the OP, ED, that ( little ) cinematography, that soundtrack... awesome!
Oct 15, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
Lol hallmark magic. It's supposed too be intrinsic magic but w/e
Oct 15, 2015 7:29 PM
Oct 2015
YukhioAihara said:

About the Cock Robin thing, it's supposed to be a ryhme record of the murder of the god Baldr in the norse mythology, Lapis real name is Mistilteinn the sword that killed Baldr in the gesta danorum.
so I think it makes a little bit of sense that she says that.
Oct 15, 2015 7:47 PM

Sep 2013
DatRandomDude said:
That Cock Robin part was cringeworthy af
and that moment when he says ''i won't give you the cliché line about nothing good coming from revenge.'' ''In return, let me carry half your burden''
I just thought ''Dude, that was fuckin cliché too, jesus christ.''

Tha is a really shitty name to have. Cock Robin *sigh* ... Also, The VA mispronounce it and said cook. It was cringe worthy nonetheless.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 15, 2015 8:33 PM

Mar 2010
Clock robin isn't a name, it's rhyme. In this case Lapis uses as incantation to seal the contract between her Takeru.
Oct 15, 2015 8:39 PM
Mar 2014
Not bad i guess. It didn't seem that rushed to me but I haven't read the novels before. I may pick them up.
Is "Cock Robin" supposed to be pronounced like that -.-
OP was rather forgettable.
Oct 15, 2015 8:41 PM

Jul 2015
This has got to be the most rushed episode of the year. Even 4 minute series feels slower than this lol.
Oct 15, 2015 8:51 PM

Sep 2013
That was actually really damn good. Consider me hyped.
Oct 15, 2015 9:40 PM

Sep 2013
This anime is still meh for me. I blame most of it to the characters because they're just not interesting.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 15, 2015 9:42 PM

Sep 2013
Veldin461 said:
It's just me or this episode had a bunch of Fate/Zero references?
Don't know what came out first, though xD
Learn your history bro
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 15, 2015 9:52 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... not bad.. we got to know what actually happened from the eps 1 prologue.

So Lapis is a sword or a robot? Or a spirit (Yoshino~)? She's so monotone, but she only make contracts with dying people? Or all Relic Eater only make contract with dying people?

Also... whoa Cock Robin is a thing? lol.

Oct 15, 2015 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
Jagd84 said:
Actually Takeru saying it's fine her to seek revenge, just make sure to have a life outside of it. How is that cliche?

We know, but he said "Let me carry half your burden". If you fail to understand how that's a cliche thing to say then you cannot be helped. Just because something is reasonable in a situation doesn't make it not cliche. Cliches are cliches for a reason, and it's not because nobody says it or they don't make sense.
Oct 15, 2015 10:51 PM

Aug 2014
Damn!!! Pretty good though, He got an Armor and a Loli for the price of one death!!! Honestly, that cock robin though, nice poem there. Hmm, I wonder what does Lapis require to activate?
Oct 15, 2015 11:02 PM
Aug 2012
Well i tried to tell myself it will be okay.......they will somehow do it in 1 episode...........somehow..........it's Silver Link........rushing isn' always bad..........but this WAS seriously quite bad, it's like watching an amv or summary, rather than an adaptation.

Takeru and Ouka's first meeting was shown but totally in a comical manner and since the effect it had on Takeru wasn't mentioned, people aren't going to get anything beyond "Oh he got beat and started admiring her or something". At least Haunted (the Joker of this series) was introduced.

The change in events wasn't really necessary since Ouka visiting her family grave happened right after the warehouse event from the previous episode (Ouka took Takeru there herself).......quite a waste tbh. Also her backstory didn't have much impact.......should have been animated properly.

The pacing and removed scenes make the transitions quite confusing.....well that much expected. Now onto the main event. The action scenes everyone was hoping for since it was Silver Link. I won't complain about the CG but Arthur should have been more ominous looking. And his Knights of the Round sucked compared to both the LN and Manga version. No cool chanting, no knights.......just some lightshows..........it was pathetic.

Even the manga version everyone complains about showed it a lot better(minus the fanservice)....
http://imgur.com/lCbNYOl

Well Ouka's action part was more or less okay and Vlad's va matches him well. Sadly Vlad is supposed have larger barrels, the stakes are supposed to be much bigger than simple bullets and Tepes Rain is supposed to be rain of stakes from top and several stakes coming from the ground. Not to mention the change in event of Ouka almost beating the Hero and then having her weapons forcibly stopped was pretty annoying.

Usagi's issues were completely skipped and Takeru's fight scenes were way too lackluster. Especially the battle after Takeru got the witch-hunter form..........the fight was supposed to be done with Takeru switching into different swords (Lapis's ability) but here it looks like 2 kids trying to beat each other with sticks. Some intense fighting scenes turned into nothing but a few disappointing slideshows, yeah Silver Link.

Seriously if anyone is interested, read how the final attack happened and then compare it with the anime. You will just see how bad the differences are and how much you missed.

Sigh........the opening was good but a bit lackluster and the ost was good as well. But the abyssal rushing, having not much character monologues, removal and changing of events and the shitty action made this pretty hard to enjoy. Ouka backstory was badly done, there was not much bonding between Ouka and Takeru and there was no explanations about Takeru ability............guess Silver Link is trying to turn this into a typical action, harem show. I didn't feel even a bit of despair or darkness from the anime which the LN excels at.

Considering SL also diverged quite a bit from the source material in the 2nd episode of Rakudai, i was worried but i didn't think AMA would be this bad. If anybody is slightly interested in AMA, please go read the LNs after you have finished the show.

Oct 15, 2015 11:36 PM

Aug 2013
Great battles in this episode, really a rapid development, but adaptation is being good, the sentimentality may be lower, but the action and excitement not fall short, I'm more curious to see the development of anime, I'm already look forward for the next episodes ..
Oct 15, 2015 11:39 PM

Feb 2011
ShuukaAAT said:
Magg379 said:
... I'm thinking about watching this anime, but I need to know something, is it ecchi or just 'fanservice'? ...

theres barely any fanservice in the light novels tbh

After watch this episode, I see how overboard they went with the fanservice in the manga. Especially when the Einherjar was about to kill Ouka. It made no sense at all that the Einherjar would miss at such close range.
ShuukaAAT said:
HaXXspetten said:
... You see what happens when you skip the cringeworthy out of place fanservice and just focus one thing at a time? ...

there will [barely be] any fanservice in this anyways. as i kept saying, this will be the best out of the fantasy anime this season.
Crashmatt said:
... This series hasn't grabbed me yet, it seemed rushed and the world set up is not well explained...

they keep skipping explanations for [some] reason, even though it was explained in the novels :v

I wouldn't say its the best out of the fantasy anime this season considering all the missing exlainations. Asterisk started out better imo. I read the manga ahead of time as well. Even though it was also missing a bit of explanation near the beginning, they decided to explain things later in the story instead. Hopefully, this anime does the same. The scene transitions need to be a bit smother if they want to decrease the confusion. Even in the manga, I didn't know how Takeru and Ouka got separated after the explosion. They were right next to each other at the cemetery. I can guess what happened since it was mentioned that Ouka ran off by herself, but your not supposed to leave viewers guessing between every scene. Showing it is far better than explaining it in most cases. Why else would we have flashbacks...
ShuukaAAT said:

Kyruga said:

i think those words were anime only o: i don't remember them from the novels.

They were also used in the manga. Engrish just ruined it though. I don't want to see that move ever used again.
DarklordVor said:
So Lapis is a sword or a robot? Or a spirit (Yoshino~)? She's so monotone, but she only make contracts with dying people? Or all Relic Eater only make contract with dying people?

In the manga, she attempts to make the contract before and after he's dying, so him dying just moved up the schedule since she wouldn't get another chance. Wise choice on her part since he's the only one who can handle her properly. In the manga, there's more emphasis on this fact and they show off more of her abilities. I'm hoping they show it later in the anime since they neglected it this episode. Since Ouka also has a Relic Eater, it doesn't seem dying is the only way to make the contract.
ReloadOct 16, 2015 12:33 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 16, 2015 12:33 AM

May 2015
duuuude just an epic episode with dat mechass
Oct 16, 2015 12:43 AM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode, had a lot of things in this episode from learning Ouka's past to this enemy necromancer to these weapons called relic eaters. Cant wait to see what more do they have in stored in the next episodes because so far the story is getting really interesting.

Here is my full review of the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJfwnaCzh88
Oct 16, 2015 12:48 AM

Apr 2015
episode 2 in a nutshell,

combine all these things: iron man, swords, pistols, .50 cal sniper, magic, ghouls, etc.

and you get episode 2 of this show that piques my interest very much
Oct 16, 2015 12:56 AM

Apr 2009
this ep makes wanna go Armored Warfare mode!
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 16, 2015 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
He got a Relic Eater.

Aww Ouka opened up to him

Is Vlad a Relic Eater too? ( Ouka's Gun)
Oct 16, 2015 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
It was more enjoyable than the first episode even though I'm not entirely impressed yet. The action was definitely great to see, I do hate his armour's design though, the CG usage aside it's not that great imo. Is there an actual significance to the Yamata no Orochi or it's there because it sounds cool and based on a pretty interesting legend? I thought it was because he cuts his enemy 8 times like the number of the Orochi's heads but the yellow lines were 7 not 8 so I'm not sure.
Oct 16, 2015 2:54 AM

May 2015
lapis lazuli sounds familliar

"listening to Eir Aoi - Lapis Lazuri"
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.