Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2016 5:59 PM

Apr 2012
ChronosXIII said:
Uhh...what. Why is Ashley so damn buddy-buddy with Akito now? That was abrupt and out of nowhere. Sure, he got betrayed by Shin but now he's like some happy idiot that befriended the enemy for shits and giggles.

And why did they even stop Akito from killing Ashley anyway? Last I checked, all three of them were ex-terrorists that had no qualms in killing people.

I'm late to the party cause I knew this wasn't going to be something really insane and it clearly wasn't, 6.5/10 I'd say and you resumed my thoughts perfectly, so wierd to see Ashley smiling at akito everytime where 5m before both were ready to slam each other.

And why the others tried to stop Akito killing ashley in the first play ? I mean they were ready to kill everyone before (even akito and leila) and now "well fk it we friend now" ?? huuh ? Missing some points here, 10sec of Lelouch and Suzuku, no points showing that but okay I guess.

Hopefully the last one will be better, not expecting much tho.
Jun 25, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
I can't believe Akito talke no jutsud that red-haired guy, that was so uncalled for xD
Jul 28, 2016 10:28 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
>_> Ugh...did they really just use Leila as a martyr even though she was just there for the speech? Lol.

Love how everyone is all "buddy buddy" and "lets not kill each other for the sake of revenge" BS.
Aug 5, 2016 2:26 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode but lots of inconsistency.

Akito and Ashley were hell bent on killing each other. Especially how Ashley was going to avenge Joanne. Still he could have tone down the happy go luck nature and at least just help him.

I wanted to know more what happened to Lelouch and Suzaku. I'm guessing Shain imprisoned them, but they'll probably escaped by the end of the last episode.

Yeah, Leila appeared as martyr out of nowhere. I'm sure they would have forgotten his father's accomplishments considering it was 10 years ago.

Finally, I hope to see how Leila's Geass will be used. Considering C.C gave her and will only used it once she's mature and all grown up.

I fucking knew when Ayano and Ryo said hurry up and come back. That was a red herring for me. I hope he lives though!

Final episode. Let's see how this connects to R2!!!
Aug 25, 2016 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
Eh, Shaing quickly became totally cliche there. He was somewhat interesting before, but after this episode he proved to be nothing special. Same with Smilas. Same old boring villians with standard reason(ing), and not overly smart. Just smart enough to think they are smart, cheesy actions enforced onto their opponents to make them appear more smart, and enough brawn to make it through even when the plan isn't exactly sound. Disappointing for a Code Geass villian..

And did the wZero squad really not anticipate that an all out assault (at least as far as thats possible 1000 km behind the enemies lines) does not have long range anti air? I can't believe they are that stupid.

Did they really expect for the enemy to not have anticipated that someone would use a flying bomber after barely coming out alive from a mission to prove that the exaxt same enemy does *not* have a flying bomber?

Leila is sometimes tough, sometimes totally whiny, depending on the requirements of the script, and Jean is tough as nails..as long Shaing isn't around.

I also don't quite get why just because Akito shouldn't kill named characters they get to live? Why not have someone else shoot them or whatever?
Sep 22, 2016 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
That ending felt like it could just end here and that's it, but then they reminded us that Hyuga Sr. is still alive so it's not happening.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 1, 2016 6:32 AM

Jun 2016
Did something happen between the previous OVA and this one? Because Akito and crew have suddenly become completely different people altogether. Apparently the Ghost of Hannibal has somehow seen the light. The plot and twists were far too rushed. And don't even get me started on those death flags that Yukiya's teammates firmly planted onto him at the end of the episode. I mean, come on!

This episode pretty much derailed the entire OVA story, I feel. Let's see if the last one can salvage some of it. 6/10.
Feb 26, 2017 2:23 PM
Jun 2013
this movie turned really stupid, really quickly. the characters do not act like they are having a war, just a bunch of don't kill to save yourself shite, and that comes from characters that previously murdered a bunch of gangsters with bombs.

secondly this movie is the fourth movie so you would expect some action, the preview from movie three even showed that, a we get that FOR BARELY 10 MINUTES, the rest is talking, followed by more talking, followed by even more talking, dragging things out more than it has to.

Thirdly, the actions people take in this movie is fucking ridiculous, there's this guy making a speech to this easily swayed crowd saying how dead the main girl is, (three times in a row mind you) of course she sees this, and what does she do, say she's still around, naw lets go to the Fuckboi villain that kills everyone that cares for him to make a deal instead, yeah that sounds like a good idea when you are brain dead.

Tl;Dr:This movie gave me Blue balls from the lack of action and bad writing.
Apr 15, 2017 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
Got to recap Ayano and Leila so fine.
Ashley is going to avenge Joannes.
Dat Ayano oppai.
Ashley has Heavyarms!
Yukiya did that Wanted shot.
Akito is in "Shine" mode now.
Ayano oppai.
Ayano tries to stop Akito.
Ayano made Akito snap out of it for a bit.
Ashley got raped.
Ashley getting crushed.
Ryo and Yukiya try to stop Akito.
Ayano and her lovely oppai try to stop Akito.
ALL HAIL LEILA! ALL HAIL LEILA! ALL HAIL LEILA!
Ayano shedding tears.
DAT EXPLOSION! AYANO!
WTF! DA MILF DIED!
Dat fox.
Dat wall. Stan Van Gundy would be proud of that wall. Let's hope Shin doesn't have any Mongolians on his side.
LANCELOT!
Oh shit! Lelouch and Suzaku got captured.
Lelouch seeing shit.
All hail Leila!
Leila is dead.
So CODE-G is related.
Dat blonde wearing the purple and black in that bar is fine. I want to see her face.
Ghost blowjob?
Akito had a different father.
So Shin's dad killed Akito's dad. I don't blame him.
Dat hair growth.
Jean would follow Shin to the gates of hell. That's true love. I wonder if there is another CG character who would do that.
Dat insert song!
Leila and Shin meet.
Shin used Geass on Leila. So Shin's Geass causes death.
WTF! Leila's Geass! It's blue!
So Shin wants to kill the Emperor.
Dat slap.
All dem asses lined up.
Ashley switched sides?
I've missed you so much Ayano. Dat body.
Ayano wanted to be with Akito. Oh shit!
Dat oppai.
LMAO at Ashley.
Akito and the others are back.
Yukiya dropping bombs. Literally.
Man on fire!
They shot down the ark. Yukiya!
Dat oppai.
Dat Leila leg. Dat blue Geass.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 20, 2017 8:59 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid progression if you ask me, didn't expect that she would have a Geass "canceler" either, which was a nice addition to her character actually!

Looking forward to see what the last movie has to offer!
May 9, 2017 3:45 AM

Jan 2014
the first fight was awesome. but it ended quickly

the order michael defect because he's betrayed.

I can't stand that Shin guy since he's trying to become Lulu. Lulu is number one for me.

Leila has a geass canceller, but it different from Orange-kun, the shape didn't flipped.

what happened to that nerd guy? I hope he survived.

it look like Akito x Leila confirmed.
Jul 15, 2017 4:28 PM

Aug 2008
So Ashley is suddenly friends with Akito? Is more ludicrous than those 3 terrorists joining up after the first movie, trying to kill them in the second and now have them all be the best of friends.

Leila just going to surrender the base and the weapons and allow destruction to spread around the globe? To let that general use her "death" to coup her country? Trying to think of her of something other than a moral coward but can't come up with anything. Weak at the very least, certainly shows when she falls apart when she thinks Akito and gang bought it. Terrible.
Nov 20, 2017 4:59 AM

Oct 2011
the hostage moment felt like it came outta nowhere.. still loving the dark tone of this, but feels rushed.
and a moment of silence for Yukiya

Mar 21, 2018 11:30 AM

Sep 2017
The new ED was good. I never expected the plot to have such twists and turns. The scene after the ED however.

Leila looks kawaii in Akito's arms. She also outright owns Shin by Geass.
The animation was good, but the strategy employed by Leila was excellent. I thought they were a goner when Shin overcame the mines.

Looking forward to last movie.

Anyone catch that Code-G reference at the spy's(Claus) computer?
JeremiahOrangeMar 21, 2018 12:22 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 30, 2019 5:47 PM

Sep 2017
This fucking sucked.

This was undoubtedly the worst movie thus far (the fifth one has an even lower rating though, so my hopes are high for the finale). Ignoring its plethora of other problems, such as its lack of a strong audiovisual direction, an incoherent plot, and continually worse characters, it reinforces the biggest problem with these movies: they are just way too damn boring. I don't necessarily mind something that is bad as long as it can keep me entertained. As humorous of an example as this is, I hated Bible Black to the core of my being, but it was at least engaging enough such that I didn't find myself pulling out my phone during the episode. Or maybe take Pingu in the City, another show I didn't really enjoy but didn't overstay its welcome, lasting only 7 minutes per episode. Both of these shows at least were able to keep me entertained for the duration of their runtime. This movie, and this film series as a whole, has categorically failed to do that. Enough blabbering, though. I have nothing else to say for this bland sack of potatoes. Everything about it sucked. 5/10.

Oct 20, 2019 12:27 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I think we might have seen the Bleu Geass before, lord Jeramiah much? I forgot if it was during the first or the second season though.
The antagonist's Geass confuses me as he appears to give orders and expects the receiver to do whatever he's saying, just like Lelouch's Geass. Is it possible that a Code Geass can provider multiple people with the same Geass? That did not seem to happen with Leila as she too received her Geass or Geass canceller from C.C.
It seems like the next episode is going to raise a death flag on one of the main characters, they say you can't escape death twice if he pulls off the other survival, I'm going to call bullshit on the heavy plot armor that has been going stronger than any showcased Nightmare so far.
Dec 11, 2019 6:05 AM

Nov 2019
6////////////10
Aug 6, 2021 2:13 AM

Mar 2019
What the fuck was that? That was awful. And I was feeling optimistic about watching this after enjoying the third OVA the most.

Akito's crew goes from trying to assassinate Smilas with a bomb 2-3 episodes earlier, and shooting up mechs on the Ark earlier in this episode (while not yet being aware they were drones), and attempting to kill Ashley when he begins shooting at them, to turning into pacifists the second Akito tries to crush Ashley with his mech's hands. Wtf? That's also ignoring the fact that Akito has already killed people before. Don't kill him Akito! You're not like him! LOL Then at the end of the episode this moron Yukiya tries to wipe out everyone at the negotiation spot (and that includes Leila) with this large scale shot. That's followed by a preview (?) scene where he's dropping nukes on people? What the fuck?

This OVA was so fucking stupid. Hard to believe it's an anime with the Code Geass name.

Edit: Looks like there are others in the thread who felt the same way.
poemofdevilAug 6, 2021 2:31 AM
Oct 5, 2023 4:36 AM

Feb 2019
I really like Leila. And Ayano too.

Did they just kill Yukiya?
Nov 6, 2023 8:35 AM

Oct 2018
Hahahahaha what the fuck were they cooking here

- All of them try to prevent Akito from killing Ashley.
- Disturbing the flow of action (the only good thing about these movies) by constantly inserting a speech that feels like it's AI generated.
- Ashley going there to kill Akito for "muh revenge" yet becoming his ally just because he saved him in the explosion (?). Friendship in the mud.
- Shaing's backstory

insert clown music
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Code Geass Akito the Exiled episode 4.

Mochizuki-Yuki - Jul 2, 2015

34 by nyansensei »»
Nov 25, 2015 9:35 PM

Poll: » Prediction in Code Geass : Boukoku no Akito 5

Kingsman - Nov 21, 2015

3 by Ganbat »»
Nov 21, 2015 11:49 PM

» Akito the Exiled episode 5?

maikeruuu - Jun 14, 2015

2 by Ganbat »»
Oct 12, 2015 3:29 AM

» Preview (Update 7/1)

Stark700 - May 15, 2015

4 by InDmand »»
Aug 22, 2015 1:25 PM

» real airing date

shast007 - May 21, 2015

2 by shast007 »»
May 22, 2015 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.