Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 30, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2012
OOOOH SHIIIT! Kaidou ahoy! Crashes into the scene where Kidd's group is located like a crazy beast. Some serious shit is happening next chapter!

And it's the rest of the Strawhat crew! It has been a looooooong while since we last saw them.
Jul 30, 2015 3:30 AM
Apr 2014
happy to see the whole cavalry doing alright! so this is kaido huh, but he look rather different from these fan made portrait of him and he looks more badass my opinion. some say doffy is on the same level of a yonkou, well they're out of their mind damn mind! this chapter justify that he's nothing but below!
Jul 30, 2015 3:48 AM
Jun 2015
Kaido looks like Oz and Khal Drogo (from Game of thrones) combined, lol
Jul 30, 2015 3:50 AM

Jan 2015
Fucking oda knows how to hype me af. Anyway i'm really happy to see the rest of the crew again. That Kaidou tho i'm feeling bad for Mingo now for Mingo now poor dude :( Aand Kid's alliance is gonna get rekt btw :D
Jul 30, 2015 3:51 AM
Jun 2015
I think kaido's appearance was foreshadowed in thriller bark with Ors/Oz, cuz he has the same type of horns as him, maybe that's why moria resurrected him so he can fight kaido with a similar type of monster
Jul 30, 2015 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
After two years of waiting Sanji finally reappears... and it's completely overshadowed & irrelevant. Lol, Oda's hate for Sanji just keeps getting stronker.
Jul 30, 2015 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
Mangastream translation is out.

For Kaido it's -> "Strongest Living Creature"

Jul 30, 2015 4:01 AM

Mar 2014
INB4 Roger wasn't Kaido's level since he was executed by blades at Kaido can't be.
Jul 30, 2015 4:02 AM

Mar 2012
I did not expect that would be Kaido, heck, it never occurred to me that he would be suicidal lol

I thought it was going to be the Warlord we havent seen yet, but oh wells, we also get to see the other Straw Hats, and the Supernovas, which is a plus.

I have a feeling that Kaidou will probably just walk this one off, or something like, all 3 of the Supernovas combine their powers and attack, only to witness it didnt scratch him at all.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 30, 2015 4:03 AM

Mar 2014
INB4 Kaido wants a Zoan army to kill him.
Jul 30, 2015 4:04 AM

Mar 2014
Lol at this silhouette

Looks nothing like him.
Jul 30, 2015 4:28 AM

Mar 2012
Kaido seems somehow related to Oars, with the horns and size.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 30, 2015 4:31 AM

Mar 2015
ziggy_Z said:
Lol at this silhouette

Looks nothing like him.

maybe that's him from younger days? :D
Jul 30, 2015 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty crazy chapter, a lot seems to have happened with sanji's group and that reveal thoo!!!! but I think hes just gonna leave the kid alliance alone for now and head off the dressrosa
Jul 30, 2015 5:25 AM

May 2014
Omg Kaidou is sick :o
He tries to commit suicide because he can't die, OMG 😲😲
Jul 30, 2015 5:29 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Oda finally decided to continue with Nami and the rest huh. And we finally got to see what Kaido looked like.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 30, 2015 5:31 AM
Sep 2012
Well we see the Straw Hats and Kyros are missing, Kyros for Strawhat? No he just got reunited for his daughter and his family is back together, no way he would leave now. Rebecca becoming a princess, yeah that translation makes much more sense than queen.

So we see what the other half of the Strawhats are doing, they got away from Big Ma, and are bring chased by these Sheep guys. It seemed they can't stay out of trouble.

So we meet Kaibo, he can't be killed not even by himself. I wonder was he really trying to kill himself or just trying to show off how unkillable he is. I think more the ladder, I don't think he is suppose to be a depressed suicidal character, we already have a character like that in Fairy Tail, we don't need it in One Piece, once again I wonder Oda is trying to take a shot at Fairy Tail like he did with Luffy's coliseum name.
Jul 30, 2015 5:39 AM
Apr 2014
Of course Sanji's group escapes from a Big mom, I mean it's not like she's a Yonko or anything
Kaidou doesn't seem like such a bad person, if he was why didn't he rape Urouge already? We see Kaidou's jolly roger in this chapter as well.
Now it makes sense why X-Drake and co were looking at the sky shouting Kaidou's name.
Maybe Jack also works for Kaidou.
Oda has been delivering for the last few chapters, hopefully the next arc won't be as boring as Dressrosa.
Drake1000Jul 30, 2015 5:43 AM
Jul 30, 2015 6:00 AM

Jan 2008
I'm gonna be a party-pooper this time: I feel like way too many things were packed in this chapter. Rebecca's "ascension", Kaidou reveal, Supernovas movement, Sanji's group, new character (commence the "arcnual" "This Character Will Join The Straw Hats! NOT"). Well, at least their new clothes are beast (Nami's frilly skirt <3 Probably won't make as a new DLC in every OP game ever because there's no bra visible, but dayum, so cute). Brook and Sanji are killing these sunglasses.

Waiting for new chapter to clarify things up.

... once again I wonder Oda is trying to take a shot at Fairy Tail like he did with Luffy's coliseum name.

I guess it's just Japanese phonetic bonus (fi being pronounced similarly to shi), but you might ask someone who knows the language. Also how many popular English names do you know that are similar to Luffy?
Jul 30, 2015 6:03 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like the people that Sanji and company are fighting in that mysterious island is Kaidos crew as you can see by their jolly Roger. And it seems they are after and Kinemon or Kanjuro. And GOD DAMN Kaido is basically a Deity lMAO dude had numerous defeats though and I wonder why he has a deep grudge on whitebeard. Kidd and his crew are dead. And lastly it seems Kaido and Doffy have some sort of agenda of taking down the world specifically the World Government specifically the Tenryubitto as we all know Doffy knows something on them and has hate towards them.
Jul 30, 2015 6:21 AM

Jun 2012
Jul 30, 2015 7:01 AM

Oct 2014
The dude just dropped himself 10000 m above the land and appeared like he only falls off from his bed...

So he like... what? One Piece's version of Chuck Norris, only 100 times stronger? Damn... rather than "Kaidou the hundred beast", he should be named "Kaidou the Kaidou"...

hisoka0 said:
finally kaidou against the higher ranking supernova but despite the look of the beast my hint told me that shanks can handle him

Shanks can handle/fight on par with him, but still doesn't seem to be able to kill him. Do remember that before stopping the marineford battle, he's actually just had a skirmish with Kaidou.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Jul 30, 2015 7:12 AM

May 2013
How can you beat the guy that can't die even after jumping from the cloud? Ridiculous. Pluto maybe?
Jul 30, 2015 7:26 AM
Jul 2015
Is no one questioning why isn't viola becoming the queen instead of rebecca? AND WHERE IS SHE NOW?

Plus fuking awesome kaido entrance. Though I was a little confused on his introduction.
Jul 30, 2015 7:40 AM
Oct 2013
FlameWingman21 said:
How can you beat the guy that can't die even after jumping from the cloud? Ridiculous. Pluto maybe?

Because One Piece never was about killing....
I understand that everyone is creaming their pants right now inbetween the buying of new ones because repeated reading.

Whitebeard was full of scars as well
ziggy_Z said:
INB4 Roger wasn't Kaido's level since he was executed by blades at Kaido can't be.

We clearly can see that he´s filled with scars, so he most likely got captured drunk or something, realized that he was being attacked and activated armanent Haki or maybe his skin is just strong. It´s an implication that Whitebeard level attacks or similar are required to even damage him.

Whitebeard was full of scars besides his Back who was clean.
Roger wasn´t shown to have a single scar and Rayleigh has only a visible one on his eye.
Jul 30, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
HOLY SHIIIIIIT!
I........came
Jul 30, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
my reaction...

first pages: LET ME SEE THE REST OF THE CREW!!
page 4: FInally!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Page 5: wait... WTF is going on here?
page 7: for real, what is this?
Page 10: WHAT?!! wait come back to the rest of the crew!!
Page 11: fuck this!!
Page 14: why you do this oda?!!! I HATE YOU!!
Page 15: that man is?!?! wait... this cant be...
Last Page: KYAAAAAAAAHHH!!! ♥ ODA YOU MOTHER FUCKING KING OF KINGS I LOVE YOU BASTARD NEVER CHANGE A FUCKING THING!!!! KIDOU IS HEREEEEEEEE!!! KYAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Jul 30, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2013
My god, the hype. Kaido is a beast. This also explains the whole "strongest creature alive". Whitebeard was considered the strongest man, because Kaido is most likely not one. He seems to be similar to Oars Jr.. This could mean that Kaido was/is stronger than Whitebeard, as humans are living creatures too...
ph4zoNJul 30, 2015 9:03 AM
Jul 30, 2015 8:45 AM
Jun 2015
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af22/DJ233444/kaido.jpg
Anyone else notice the bottom left panel of this page is the same as the part of Kaido's face shown in this cover picture (top left)?
GOda, master of foreshadowing. He had this scene planned out.
Jul 30, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
^^It can be that he was the second strong and now is the strongest since it is write ALIVE whitebeard doesn't count anymore
Jul 30, 2015 9:00 AM

Jan 2011
finally we see kaidou and kaido vs kid alliane not bad but this chapter ist very good because too mutch shit and too fast. does kaido trained urogue ?
Jul 30, 2015 9:02 AM

May 2013
riqueterremoto said:
^^It can be that he was the second strong and now is the strongest since it is write ALIVE whitebeard doesn't count anymore

Yeah, that's possible too. I think in terms of sheer strength, he is stronger than Whitebeard, but as for fighting ability, that is a different story...
ph4zoNJul 30, 2015 9:13 AM
Jul 30, 2015 9:29 AM

Aug 2011
I wonder if Kaido is just so tanky that no one can kill him, or some previous user of ope ope fruit performed the immortal operation on him...
And it looks like on island that curvy hat pirates landed are looking for samurai, who knows if it isn't the 3th samurai who went with Kin, Kanjuro and Momo. Wonder if that "foxy" girl has something to do with it.
Jul 30, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2012
O.o that came out of nowhere.
Jul 30, 2015 9:57 AM

Jun 2013
I was expecting kaido to be a midget. Cant wait to see more of shanks
Jul 30, 2015 10:01 AM

May 2013
Isterio said:
FlameWingman21 said:

Because One Piece never was about killing....

No, I don't mean kill. That guy stood up like nothing happen right after jumping from Sky Island. I doubt Luffy's King Kong Gun hurt more than falling from 10,000 km. Still, it's said that he was defeated and captured several times so it's possible to beat him. I just can't imagine how.
Jul 30, 2015 10:23 AM
Oct 2013
Feel free to keep using them everyone.

Jul 30, 2015 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
HOLY SHIT ITS KAIDO!

He looks so fcking badass. GREAT chapter, was waiting for this moment.
Jul 30, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2008
Kaido looks like Whitebeard on steroids!
Jul 30, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
Wow it's been so long since we saw Sanji's group. It seemed like there was a lot of unexplained craziness in this chapter, I'm pretty sure Oda will eventually show what happened after they separated from Luffy and the others

And holy shit, Kaido looks like a fucking badass. He tries to commit suicide just to see if he can die? I probably would too if I was practically impervious to just about everything. I can't wait to see how Luffy will eventually take him down. The hype is so real
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 30, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2012
Ha, I KNEW that was Kaidou! ...the moment I saw that outline in the ground... if nothing else because of the horns. Which is odd that it took me a few to realize that's most likely his Jolly Roger. Reminded me of Oars Jr. at first.

LittleRookie said:
uzee said:
The Kaidou part was awesome!

Btw am I missing a chapter or was the skip from Sanji & the others seeing Big Mom's ship to appearing on an island with a group of people searching for an unknown girl way too big?

They skipped a day in this chapter. Looks like Oda wanted to play it safe with them.

Looks like they actually were on Big Mam's ship at one point, though.

Eh, I think Caesar meant it more that they evaded them... I could be wrong, of course, but it seems unlikely that they were captured, and somehow escaped with their own ship. If anything I would think they'd sink the Sunny, before taking them prisoner.

And about the skip being too big, it's obviously gonna be explained so there shouldn't be any worries. Just be glad we finally get to see what's been going on with them... it's been quite some time since we've seen them, so it makes sense that a lot has happened since then.

roronoa__zoro said:
Kaido looks like Oz and Khal Drogo (from Game of thrones) combined, lol
Heh, so I'm not the only one who sees Oars in him... it's definitely the horns though. And it'd have to be the mustache for Drogo.

Isterio said:
So there are 3 possibilities for Kid´s alliance.

1.Kaido beats the everliving shit out of the Kid alliance and possibly kills them (unlikely).
2. The Kid alliance manages to beat Kaido.
3. They team up with Kaido to take down Shanks/ avoid him for the time being by fighting him off and escaping him.
It'll always be option 1... it would've been the same with Shanks too, most likely. No way are those 3 taking out a Yonkou, no matter how badass they are... especially when caught this much off guard.

But of course, in this particular situation, there's also a decent chance of nothing at all happening here... it's not as if Kaidou wants to just attack every single person he sees (probably)... so at the moment unless one of them does something stupid, there shouldn't be any aggression between them and Kaidou right now. I doubt Kaidou would care about bringing down Shanks, when he's planning on war though... if nothing else their alliance would join him on starting his war.
Jul 30, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
Is it only me or does Kaido kinda look like Gear 4 Luffy
Jul 30, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2012
Oh my god, Kaido is a monster, geeeeeez. RIP luffy, you have to fight that later.

so how tall is he? 20 foot?

RIP doflamingo, now i see why you were shitting yourself xD

Bout time we saw sanji and the gang also, but greatly overshadowed by Kaidou. He's so strong his hobby is to try and kill himself but he can't, this is a yonkou guys.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jul 30, 2015 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
First that title and then man, just reading the narration gave me chills....I can't wait to actually hear it in the anime
Jul 30, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2013
Barion-Zara said:

Just you
Jul 30, 2015 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Sure, if Luffy dressed up as a Mongolian, got a scaled tattoo on his arm, moved his scar, grew horns and a lot of hair, and got about 12 times bigger.

WK-Heisenberg said:
ziggy_Z said:
After two years of waiting Sanji finally reappears... and it's completely overshadowed & irrelevant. Lol, Oda's hate for Sanji just keeps getting stronker.

Ahah exactly what I thought.

Anyway, Oda is telling us that Kaido is the strongest living being in the world, there's people stronger than Shanks out there, deal with it. Wonder what aside the Ope Ope can explain his immortality.
Not that it matters, but it's only been a little over a year since they seperated.

Also, from the sounds of it, Oda seems to be implying that's it's all a matter of chance for Kaidou to keep surviving... maybe he just causes severe bad luck around him. Whether or not it's a Devil Fruit power remains to be seen... of course it would be interesting to think that he has the Devil's luck.
Jul 30, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2009
Finally! =D
Jul 30, 2015 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
A Suicide Loving big horned guy.
Sanji Team, Finally!
Did Luffy team already set sail?
Inb4 Fujitora caught up to Luffy right when he fight with Kaido.
and
NAMI IN A FUCKING SKIRT IS SO FUCKING HOT!
Jul 30, 2015 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
Let me tell you.

Kaido can be defeated. Ya know. Since he's been captured numerous of times ....

But if he's somekind of immortal though, then that's a different question.

Kudos!!!
Jul 30, 2015 4:31 PM
Jul 2015
Such an awesome character.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1115 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 21

31 by phantom346 »»
18 seconds ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 601 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

schroedernoah - Oct 19, 2010

107 by Camyy »»
Today, 6:52 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 773 Discussion ( 1 2 )

artemis37 - Jan 15, 2015

64 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 5:25 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 415 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 29, 2010

12 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Today, 3:06 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 413 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 29, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Today, 1:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.