Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 14, 2015 4:46 PM

Dec 2014
So the big reveal is that Uchikoshi wants to write an ecchi with yuri...
Maybe next time they should just say "Please wait until the show finishes.", just to be safe.
May 14, 2015 4:49 PM

May 2013
Fenix29 said:
Speaking of u-turns this anime sure took one itself

Based Uchikoshi always seems to pull that off in one way or another :P

The plot twist is that its actually quite good.
May 14, 2015 4:55 PM

Jan 2009
so Yuta is a tomboy lol
May 14, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2014
Jorjz said:
Fenix29 said:

Yu-tan is a pun on U-turn. Getit? <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Aha nice catch :P

lx_theo said:
Fenix29 said:

Yeah I agree, I don't get why this anime is rated so low or at least low by my standards
May 14, 2015 5:10 PM

May 2013
Fenix29 said:
lx_theo said:

Yeah I agree, I don't get why this anime is rated so low or at least low by my standards

Its been rated like that for weeks since the bigger drop off of people in the initial impressions. Almost definitely all of those.

Still can't believe some people think so much of themselves they'd give the anime a rating based on the first few episodes.
May 14, 2015 5:11 PM

Mar 2009
What the hell is going on? Punchline sure has gotten complicated. This show used to be about panties.
May 14, 2015 5:13 PM

May 2013
Mormegil said:
What the hell is going on? Punchline sure has gotten complicated. This show used to be about panties.
It was all a ploy.

Actually, I'm under the impression that it started out like that to try to pull in some of the people who wouldn't normally partake in these sorts of plots/shows.
May 14, 2015 5:24 PM
Nov 2013
Soooooooo this is now a yuri show? Did NOT expect that.
May 14, 2015 6:38 PM

Apr 2014

The same exact face I had when I learned Yuta was a female...

May 14, 2015 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
Wow this episode raised this show from a 7 to an 8 for me! i almost dropped this after ep 3 but its been getting really good and the plot has finally shown
And are they saying Yuuta is transgender?that'd be kinda cool honestly :)
May 14, 2015 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
5/5

What a strange teacher, he deserved it, no one can touch Ito ò.ó

And Yuta was a female, interesting.

May 14, 2015 7:18 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting twist so far. Good episode.
May 14, 2015 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
Yuuta, biologically female. And here I thought all the twists were more or less obvious already.
May 14, 2015 8:00 PM

Nov 2014
Even if Yuuta is biologically female, I still want them to get together :<

So Yuuta has been going in to the past in an endless loop and keeps making the same mistake that causes him to fail... He could have been a real help and said what the mistake was to his next iteration. Or maybe he has introduced enough variation that he thinks it's already good to go...

I really want to know what Meika knows about Yuuta -- if she understands what he's been really doing or if she simply just knows that he's Yuuta who is hiding in weird clothing for some reason.
May 14, 2015 8:00 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, I just got multiple level mind fucked this episode.

At first, when masked Yuuta was singing the song, I thought maybe it was Pine or the other girl possessing his body. Maybe they died and remained a spirit and saw the future and tried to prevent it.

Now it looks like it's a time paradox or sorts. Spirit Yuuta of the failed timeline goes back in time. Possesses his body and forcing the Yuuta of that timeline out. The time traveler Yuuta continually fails, then tells the spirit Yuuta to go back in time, thus repeating the possession.

Everyone seems to think that Yuuta is actually Pine, but I think he's the girl who was going to be experimented on when Pine went apeshit. It's really the only way to explain how he's a male, yet biologically female.

Pine being the leader of Q-may makes more sense too. The guy from Q-may wants to wipe out humanity and make an ideal world (presumably one where him and his friends wont have to suffer). Who better to have that ambition than Pine, the person who probably holds the strongest hatred towards Uber Labs and the humans who experimented on him?

I think there is going to be another insane plot twist when we find out what the guy whispered to Yuuta as they were falling off the bridge. I'm sure whatever he said is connected to every single thing that has happened so far.

How bout that fucking male yandere teacher? That shit was creepy.

So we basically learned quite a bit this episode:
- how the Uber abilities function, and the consequences on the body
- The paradox with Yuuta and his spirit body and traveling back in time
- Yuuta is biologically a girl
- Yuuta, Mikatan, and the guy from Q-may can all Uberfy, and are most likely the 3 children from Uber labs.

I feel bad for all the poor fuckers who dropped this early on thinking it was some ecchi slapstick comedy.
May 14, 2015 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
MIND BLOWN 0__________0

Yuta is Yu-tan : O

Kamen Man wss Ito's teacher as everyone expected. Dat creepy guy : 0

Failed to prevent the asteroid from falling asking current Yuuta to help change history

I hope Yuta can prevent the asteroid from happening this time.
May 14, 2015 8:52 PM

Apr 2012
Jonesy974 said:
I feel bad for all the poor fuckers who dropped this early on thinking it was some ecchi slapstick comedy.

I can't blame them. I wouldn't even watch first episode if not that name on scenario...

About Uber trigger. Mikatan does it at will, i suppose. But what about Yuuta?
It does activate from Meika, Ito, Rabura and Mika 's lower underwear.
It does not activate from his own underwear or trigger was implemented not long ago before December 21.
It does not activate from male and female swimwear.
Could trigger be set only on Korai house habitants' underwear?
(why i even keep a record on this... T___T)
As vivan said, yes, trigger is in mind. And for some reason spirit+cinnamon+body works even better than body with H-virus. (i assuming that Tomoda had it)

Why i am saying HE's? (if this is right, then it may be major spoiler)

NSA and lies.
Certainly, any army wouldn't mind to have Uber power at hands. But if Earth is destroyed, who cares? That's what i do not understand.

Okay, that' enough English for one time...
I know that my English isn't good so, please, bear with me.
May 14, 2015 8:54 PM

Feb 2012
j0x said:
so Yuta is a tomboy lol
Ehh, I'd say Yuta is transgender. Anime tomboys are always hot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2011
Yu-tan was awesome in Rabubra's body
how I wish to call the droppers of this anime back

it wasn't just a plot twist the gender was also a twist.

if this is really has the same writer as Steins; Gate it's possible the current Yuta will go back to timeline where 'she' was born a 'he' like Ruka.

May 14, 2015 9:00 PM

Jan 2009
this got me thinking, if Yuta have multiple numbers of himself/herself because of repeated time travelling to change history, then is it possible that the one who possess the teacher that also has Uber power can go back in time too to change history too?

EDIT:

it got me thinking again, time travelling with Uber power requires its user to have a deep wish of saving someone, so maybe thats what lacking for that other Uber user that is also a ghost/spirit
degMay 14, 2015 9:04 PM
May 14, 2015 9:03 PM

Apr 2012
daime17
It's not. Hayashi only worked with Nakazawa and Uchikoshi during Remember11. Plastic Memories is Hayashi's wok.

EDIT:
j0x
I was thinking the same. But how did Tsubouchi overcome that "strong desire to save someone" stuff? He wanted strongly to save yourself, for example?
On the second though he can even don;t know about full range spirits' possibilities.
YMMSMay 14, 2015 9:08 PM
I know that my English isn't good so, please, bear with me.
May 14, 2015 9:11 PM

Aug 2011
Jonesy974 said:

Pine being the leader of Q-may makes more sense too. The guy from Q-may wants to wipe out humanity and make an ideal world (presumably one where him and his friends wont have to suffer). Who better to have that ambition than Pine, the person who probably holds the strongest hatred towards Uber Labs and the humans who experimented on him?

I think I might agree to that since Pine and the leader also has the same hair color.

and since Yuta is biologically female and was the other female with Mikatan and was experimented to become a boy in mind and body thus the panties(lustful excitement).

May 14, 2015 9:13 PM

Aug 2010
May 14, 2015 10:13 PM

Feb 2012
When Yuta used to look like a girl.
kickmesignMay 14, 2015 10:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 12:06 AM
May 2015
Just when you think its over... AHHH I DONT GET ITTT!! DID YUUTA POSSESS HIS OWN BODY??! WTH???
May 15, 2015 12:08 AM

Nov 2008
Well, that was awesome.

I believed in this show since the first episode and it paid off.
May 15, 2015 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
why is everyone so shocked at yuuta being biologically female ?? have y'all never hear of trans people ??
wow gay
May 15, 2015 12:38 AM

Jan 2011
SliceofHorror said:
why is everyone so shocked at yuuta being biologically female ?? have y'all never hear of trans people ??
Because it was completely unexpected.
May 15, 2015 1:02 AM

Apr 2014
I saw someone post an interesting theory that there's a possibility the spirits of the three children back in the facility switched bodies. Chiyoko is now in Guriko's body which explains the similarity in the attitude seen in Meika's flashback. Pine is probably in Chiyoko's body which is why he acts like a boy when technically he's a girl. Guriko could be in Pine's body so who knows maybe she's the main antagonist or something.

Anyways did Chiyoko have any mark on her neck?

Edit: Nvm This is post I was talking about

[quote=YMMS]Why i am saying HE's? (if this is right, then it may be major spoiler)
Z4KMay 15, 2015 1:06 AM
May 15, 2015 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
SliceofHorror said:
so ?? that's how it should be ?? and everyone's acting like it's wierd... when it's not...
also everyone needs to stop being like "WOAH he's a gIRL?!" because he's not ?? just because he's biologically female does not stop him from identifying as a guy... so stop acting so weirded out and calling him a girl
wow gay
May 15, 2015 2:31 AM

Aug 2014
LOL, I kinda like it.

"Oh it all makes sense now, Yuuta is possessing himself over and over til he successfully stops the meteor so humanity can continue."

Yea it all makes perfect sense....... except how can he continually duplicate himself as a ghost that so he can continue to try an correct the timeline, lol.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
May 15, 2015 2:32 AM

Aug 2014
SliceofHorror said:
ReaperCreeper said:
so ?? that's how it should be ?? and everyone's acting like it's wierd... when it's not...
also everyone needs to stop being like "WOAH he's a gIRL?!" because he's not ?? just because he's biologically female does not stop him from identifying as a guy... so stop acting so weirded out and calling him a girl

ok, calm down Bruce Jenner
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
May 15, 2015 4:38 AM

Apr 2013
xd so yuuta is a girl that is a surprise

now lets not get into a real world trans discussion here. we are talking about an anime where seeing panties twice fast forwards time to the point where an asteroid hits earth

so yuuta went back in time to possess yuuta's other body in the hope of stopping the asteroid but failed so now yuuta is going back possessing yuuta's own body again instead of future yuuta to stop the asteroid.

rabura+yuuta was pretty bad ass

great episode
May 15, 2015 5:03 AM

Aug 2014
This is quickly turning into Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, just in bad. Uchikoshi really couldn't help but to recycle this, huh?
May 15, 2015 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
SliceofHorror said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Hey calm down, I'm pretty sure no one is meaning to be offensive towards Transgenders, a lot of people(myself included) weren't expecting that yuuta is actually biologically female, that doesn't happen a lot.
May 15, 2015 5:32 AM

Jun 2013
Ok I think we all knew that the masked dude was really Yuuta. And now he's apparently female, nice one. Probably had some past connections with good ol strange juice that we havent found out yet. Looks like he finally stopped being a ghost too, good stuffs
May 15, 2015 5:42 AM

Jan 2011
SliceofHorror said:
ReaperCreeper said:
People are shocked because it's unexpected, that's just how it works. It's the same with any other plot twist. It has nothing to with some perceived prejudice to transgenders.
May 15, 2015 5:56 AM
May 2011
lx_theo said:
Fenix29 said:

Its been rated like that for weeks since the bigger drop off of people in the initial impressions. Almost definitely all of those.

Still can't believe some people think so much of themselves they'd give the anime a rating based on the first few episodes.

Frankly I think they're stupid. You could tell from the first episode that there was quite a bit going on plotwise.
May 15, 2015 6:08 AM

Sep 2013
This show keeps on getting more entertaining every episode. I'm actually rather enjoying the randomness and the twists as a weekly dose.
May 15, 2015 7:03 AM

Jun 2013
well that was fucking random as hell alot of revelations about the past and yuta is a girl?! and exactly my expression to this episode
[spoiler]
May 15, 2015 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
SliceofHorror said:

Hey calm down, I'm pretty sure no one is meaning to be offensive towards Transgenders, a lot of people(myself included) weren't expecting that yuuta is actually biologically female, that doesn't happen a lot.
i'm not THAT wound up; you don't need me to calm down. it's just that i expected reactions more along the lines of "wow he's trans ?? cool !!" ok ?? i guess people on here are more weirded out by stuff like that... what did i expect... everyone should be focusing on other parts of the ep like the time travel thing (even tho it was pretty obvious) not the poor mc's sex/gender
wow gay
May 15, 2015 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
SliceofHorror said:
SakurasouBusters said:

i'm not THAT wound up; you don't need me to calm down. it's just that i expected reactions more along the lines of "wow he's trans ?? cool !!" ok ?? i guess people on here are more weirded out by stuff like that... what did i expect... everyone should be focusing on other parts of the ep like the time travel thing (even tho it was pretty obvious) not the poor mc's sex/gender

I see where you're coming from, but you've gotta understand that there isn't a lot of shows that have Transgenders, so people probably just aren't sure what to think, if you've noticed a lot of people are also talking about how good this episode was, so they're talking about more than just the MC'S gender
May 15, 2015 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
SliceofHorror said:

Who make up less than 0.1% of the population?
Anyway, going what kind of anime this is, its still not confirmed he is trans(born male, spirit now posses female body for whatever reason, or whatever other reason the writer comes up with). This is not some drama about dealing with mental disorders/gender identity or whatever.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 15, 2015 7:53 AM

Nov 2014
this anime is so bad I'm really forcing myself not to drop it
May 15, 2015 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
darksasuke96 said:

Nobody's forcing you to watch it lol.
May 15, 2015 8:03 AM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:
darksasuke96 said:

Nobody's forcing you to watch it lol.

Well I'm forcing myself because I really don't like to drop any show I started watching and I always try to complete them no matter how bad they are. But that's my problem.
May 15, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
Plot twist that more twist you can not. The ending left me really stunned, I could hardly ratiocination what they had shown in the narrative.
But not only the ending left me hesitant, also know as Meika that Yuta is a girl left me stunned.
Oh God!
The episode as a whole is a little messed up as a story, but I'm curious to see the next episode immediately.
May 15, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
So, He's a she. She travels time to save Earth, each time he posses his body and the him/her of the past is sent outside the body.

That escalated quickly.

» Escapism.

May 15, 2015 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
SliceofHorror said:
SliceofHorror said:
SakurasouBusters said:

Hey guy, I identified him as transgender before you did. I think it's a pretty ground-breaking thing they did. Usually "transgenders" are "reverse traps" but once they're revealed as female, they usually start acting more feminine to become appealing to the male audience. Yuta here is a bonafide trans, good for the shows creators.
May 15, 2015 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
I'm still putting my money on that Blick Winkel card..
I'll post something later.

SliceofHorror said:
SakurasouBusters said:

Wow, someone choose to be offended.

I'm surprised because the world theory that I crafted about this series debunked almost entirely just by changing Yuuta to female (like eliminating possibility of Yuuta as biologically Pine). This show is great because of it's unpredictable plot, pity that you only see the sexual orientation from the big picture.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2015

267 by Ronninn »»
Apr 3, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2015

120 by Desaturate »»
Feb 17, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

205 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

96 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 27, 2022 10:29 PM

» Does anybody else think the Nandala Gandala is the equivalent to the Kama Sutra?

TokyoSanchez - Apr 17, 2015

6 by Rnonsenseguy »»
Jun 3, 2022 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.