Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 9, 2015 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
Damn good episode. So many feels. And Isla´s smile was so adorable <3

The after credit scene was hilarious X3
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
May 9, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2015
The tone shifts were awful. It was so awful that I had to laugh, but besides that I love this show pretty much.

That Isla smile at the end was so heartwarming, I swear to god if she dies somehow at the end of the show ( I guess they will pull out something like that) I will cry a fuckin river.
May 9, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2015
Isla's smile was too cute, I love how she's getting closer to Tsukasa, but this will make some sad ending.

And ya'll seen the little post ending? Now THAT was priceless
May 9, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2010
That shower scene was nice.
Guess getting Eru's affection is scary, she classifies as a yandere now.
Still she is a great character with that obsession.
May 9, 2015 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see that Isla is alright.

The shower scene was priceless.

I really like that end scene after the credit where Isla asked Tsukasa about what he wants; a dinner, a bath or her.
May 9, 2015 3:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Good follow up episode however I wished that they showed more of what happened after Tsukasa shot Marcia

Liked the character development that we got for both Isla and Tsukasa and man I felt really bad for both of them :( I really hope that we get a happy ending because if not I know that I'm gonna be depressed
May 9, 2015 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
Tsukasa got over Isla life spawn pretty easily??
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
May 9, 2015 3:57 PM

Jun 2013
Loving the steady development of Isla opening up. I can even tell the differences in the opening and ending theme too.

To answer her question, I would say "all the above"
May 9, 2015 4:23 PM
Mar 2015
Is it wrong of me to want a deus ex machina to happen at the end? After watching this episode, I REALLY want one because I ship them so hard!
May 9, 2015 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
Damn Isla is just so adorable. Now I'm hoping for some good romance between them..
Keep moving forward
May 9, 2015 4:36 PM
May 2015
The tone changes were abrupt. I don't mind the light hearted, humorous stuff. But it really could have done with pacing the serious stuff at the start so that it connected last weeks episode properly, then doing the lighter hearted character development stuff in the second half.

This is a funny show for me, because on the one hand, I am enjoying this series for what it is and I don't mind the humour, I don't watch that many shows, I pick one or two per season if they interest me and that's it. So it doesn't feel cliche for me.

However, on the other hand, I also wish this show was something else. It could be something different and I want to see that something different, even though what we are getting is also enjoyable to watch.

Some little niggles with it:

1. This is a fairly important deal for me if they go the relationship route, which it looks like it will. Making Isla cute for some comedy scenes is OK. But it needs to be careful not to make her infantile or too naieve because it runs the risk of her and Tsukasa's relationship being unequal AND in a way that would make it weird. It needs to pull back a bit.

Seriously, if she propositioned him without realising she was, then that's not good. If however she knew what she did but was unaware that its full on, then that's more palettable.

2. It needs to build its world more evenly

3. The other characters need developing too
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
May 9, 2015 4:37 PM

Mar 2009
The usual anime hijinks are, as usual, hit or miss. But at least the ending with Isla was rather heartwarming. Funny little scene after the ED too.
May 9, 2015 4:39 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode, now that Tsukasa knows about the time left for Isla it will get very interesting I guess. In other note, I love when Isla smiles or is happy, so cute.
May 9, 2015 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
This episode, especially the last five minutes or so were so tragic but also beautiful:)
I dont know how ill be able to handle the last few episodes!!
May 9, 2015 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
Isla's smile is just adorable <3 Ending scene was great.
May 9, 2015 5:33 PM
Jan 2015
I enjoyed this episode. That said, the contrast from last episode feels jarring.. I'm not sure what this anime is trying to be. Aira is cute though, so I'll probably keep watching...
指が折れるまで!
May 9, 2015 5:35 PM

May 2015
Certainly we all new Isla would be alive and I'm glad she only had minor injuries. The most important part is that this episode relatively redeemed the show from episode five. No forced plot writing but they were able to move the story along nicely.

Vangis605 said:
I enjoyed this episode. That said, the contrast from last episode feels jarring.. I'm not sure what this anime is trying to be. Aira is cute though, so I'll probably keep watching...

If you pretend episode five doesn't exist then the other five episodes overall tone flow well.
DimsheepMay 9, 2015 5:39 PM

May 9, 2015 6:05 PM

Dec 2013
dfsafsaf said:
So Isla still stays in this show... well that's disappointing.

This.

Also I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore.

2/5, sorry Psycho Plasticlip. >:
May 9, 2015 6:34 PM

Apr 2013
Ryouri said:
dfsafsaf said:
So Isla still stays in this show... well that's disappointing.

This.

2/5, sorry Psycho Plasticlip. &gt;:

Don't know how Psycho Pass and Plastic Memories are even similar besides both being sci-fi, but great, make more futile comparisons.
Maybe you should rewatch if you don't know “What the hell is going on anymore", either that or you perhaps merely lack the mental capacity and competence to do so.
May 9, 2015 6:37 PM
Apr 2015
So basically I know this anime HAS to end tragically. And every time anything funny happens, it shocks me, and I'm halfway grateful for the comedic relief and halfway cursing it for pretending things are fine. But, all in all, I loved this episode. Especially those smiles at the end... and the last scene.
May 9, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2009
That PEN strike!

So sad for Isla and Tsukasa =( Seemed to me that she was more sad for Tsukasa than for her own malfunctiondeath.... ;__; I am glad that, in the end, she seemed happy because Tsukasa said he would stay with her until the end.. =)
May 9, 2015 7:07 PM

Sep 2012
FingerMove said:
I don't really know if I enjoyed this week's episode. The tone shifts were atrocious and the cliffhanger from last week was pretty much a troll. Also, I think they changed the opening slightly and Isla smiles at the end. That alone told me I got trolled last week. Well, still going to watch next weeks episode, maybe it goes Psycho Memories a second time in the remaining episodes, which would be hilarious :D

Opening comparison:

I feel kind of stupid, but I don't really get what you mean by tone changes. I don't watch a lot of anime though, and I guess I don't normally pay attention to it? Well, just these comments about the terrible tone changes are kind of confusing me, I guess...

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
May 9, 2015 7:37 PM

Dec 2014
The weekly massacre continues.

Wow, great editing huh, five seconds in I've already had an emotional whiplash.

Wait, the boy almost got seriously injured so no, the situation was severe or you are just covering everything up?

I just love the whole black market dealer event is not even a subplot it's just like the random thugs you encounter in video games.

Why not start with scene Tsukasa shooting at the rouge robot? I know you are trying to be different even though the same technique has been overused in one way or another, but can't you arrange the sequence following the flow of emotion, or logic? There isn't much connection between Isla's past relationship with the red hair and the current situation, it's not mirroring the relationship between the boy and his robot, so there's no narrative purpose other than fleshing out information. And the tone once again makes another swift in just 3 minutes, instead of having a strong start with the sorrow and shame for being forced to destroy the robot following by the meeting as an aftermath (btw I don't think Tsukasa should bear most of the blame, it's the system that fails not the individual, but once again this anime is so mentally immature I don't think this will be addressed again, just like the "android human rights" thing), it's now with a underwhelming beginning of something that have little co-relation with the end of the last episode, and then cut to meeting that we don't know the outcome thus limiting any kind of emotional reactions. Letting your audience knows what happened is simple enough right?

You can't say it better, Kazuki! Being cruel to be kind, I'm just protecting you by hurting you. It's super effective! I'll just go with this explanation if the show doesn't provide any answer.

(mundane and obligatory comedy ensues...)

I think it's more awkward when you don't provide any explanation to why you possess someone else's diary.

I don't like this, even for anime, where every single female is either a retard or being so edgy.

(mundane and obligatory comedy continues...)

We need additional inflation, they don't seem like impressed.

The day when my PC needs counseling on human relationship. It IS more technologically advanced then the society in the movie "Her" (2013).

Another jarring tone swift. But in this case I don't think it can be saved. Maybe cutting out all ridiculous comedy scenes just 2 minutes ago? Didn't feel like they can fit together in the first place anyways.

Trying to tell an event in a flashback, it's critical to make sure whoever telling the story is firsthand and the audience is receiving the same information the story-teller experienced. Which in this case the tsundere is not at where the event takes place, she even received the information from someone who is secondhand, therefore there's no way that is a flashback at most just an imagination of an event that they didn't participate, and thus ruining the believability of that scene, all they need is just showing the tsundere and Kazuki were both at the the boy's home actually when the exchange between him and Tsukasa took place, therefore undermining the motive of Isla's desire to learn more about Tsukasa. As a probable side-effect it could be just a lie, even though the chance is so slim. It's not that big of deal in the long run but it says a lot about the quality of the narrative.

That's it? Okay then, it's not like I want to know about that merciless bastard who just leave an injured laying on the floor

Is the show suggesting there's no objectivity in teamwork? When you suck at your job you suck at your job. I thought it's quite simple.

Seriously? Well then I would like to see Isla reading the chapter about the importance of having a healthy fulfilling sexual marital relationship and the know-how.

It's finally here, the accidental eavesdropping.

You see why Isla is special right? She is useless even before her expiry date unlike many which look like they are still functional even just one day before the inevitable.

Oh no, don't you suggest Tsukasa to treat Isla as hideously as you did Kazuki.

There goes the supposed character development for Tsukasa. Wait are they gonna get married at the end ?! If so technically Isla is not even 9 years old...

Hahaha, what a lovely conclusion. And that's what the book suggested I supposed, maybe it's also written by a visual novelist?
raveninthemuddleMay 9, 2015 8:06 PM
May 9, 2015 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
What a disappointing episode, nothing of value was given except the last 2 minutes about Aira's lifespan
Aira tries too hard to be cute and build on future melodrama in a very non-subtle way, was hoping she would be out for at least a few eps but I guess not.
May 9, 2015 7:50 PM

Nov 2012
AaaaaaKun said:
I just love the whole black market dealer event is not even a subplot it's just like the random thugs you encounter in video games.
I agree, black market dealer felt like a lazy temporary plot device. Not only that, the more the episodes air, the more it looks like this anime was "made as they went" without much planning (with building towards a peak of melodrama as its only direction).
May 9, 2015 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
Isla's smile <33

And that scene after the credits ahahaha.
Cute is justice.
May 9, 2015 8:10 PM

Oct 2011
Isla smiled. And that after credits scene :D

I want my Isla x Tsukasa doujins already
May 9, 2015 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
This episode started out emotional and ended on a light-hearted note. :) The whole thing with Marcia was downright sad but it's good to see that Tsukasa maturing and not let those events hold him back. Even finding out that Isla only has 1 month left to live, Tsukasa still wants to work with her till the very end. That will surely make for an emotional ending to the series. Isla's smile was really cute. The scene after the ED was hilarious. Isla is best girl. xD
May 9, 2015 8:40 PM

Feb 2012
Wa...ta..shi.. haha. Isla is finally starting to grow on me. Too bad she only has a month left.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 9, 2015 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
7 more episodes and she will die NOOOOOOO
May 9, 2015 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
episode felt jarring coming after the last one thought there would be more Closure to the whole Souta event overall only note worthy part was the ending and that gif worthy smile ~

god we really are only half done with this.
May 9, 2015 9:25 PM

Sep 2013
AkameGaKillem said:
LMAO THE SHOWER SCENE THOUGH!!! PRICELESS! xD

Hmmm Eru seems like she's writing down circles :O
Meaning Tsukasa has an 8 incher ;)
May 9, 2015 9:37 PM

Jun 2014
Why would you buy that book if ya ain't gon follow its instructions Tsukasa?
May 9, 2015 10:34 PM
Jan 2014
Noticed with this episode that they have been changing the opening slightly with each episode. If you see the last scene of the opening from each episode you will notice that her expression has been changing somewhat with her smiling a little in this one.
May 9, 2015 10:46 PM

Oct 2010
vanella96 said:
I don't really get what you mean by tone changes. I don't watch a lot of anime though, and I guess I don't normally pay attention to it? Well, just these comments about the terrible tone changes are kind of confusing me, I guess...

To name one example: At the 12:50 mark, Isla slips and pours water all over herself (slapstick comedy). Just three minutes later, Tsukasa confesses to Souta he killed his beloved caretaker, Marcia--after Souta says he never had a chance to say goodbe to her (melancholic tragedy).

Balancing tragedy and comedy is something that has to be handled with delicacy, but Plastic Memories has been doing so haphazardly.

In this episode alone, we see Kazuki end her long-term relationship with Isla, Tsukasa killing an orphan's caretaker (because he has no choice), and Tsukasa learning that his beloved partner has only about a month to live. These should be deeply resonant, emotionally provacative events, but the impact is undercut when they're intertwined with goofy, slapstick comedy.

That said, the characters are strong enough and the ideas are compelling enough that the show remains worth watching--despite the narrative style that often feels tonally inconsistent.
May 9, 2015 10:47 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, nice mix or comedy and drama.
May 9, 2015 11:23 PM

Aug 2013
LeFlower-kun said:
Ryouri said:

This.

2/5, sorry Psycho Plasticlip. &gt;:

Don't know how Psycho Pass and Plastic Memories are even similar besides both being sci-fi, but great, make more futile comparisons.
Maybe you should rewatch if you don't know “What the hell is going on anymore", either that or you perhaps merely lack the mental capacity and competence to do so.

This.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 9, 2015 11:35 PM

Mar 2013
Eru confirmed best girl.
May 10, 2015 12:17 AM

May 2014
That smile..... that last scene...... Isla SO CUTE!

I can already feel how much we all are going to cry after the last episode.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2015 1:15 AM

May 2013
He finally knows her time limit. Pretty smooth to still go for the partnership after knowing that. Pretty typical from MC's like him.
That after credits got me bursting in laughter. LOL!
May 10, 2015 2:03 AM
Jul 2011
The is Extremely Funny! The Protagonist Really Fall In Love With the Female Android Or Female Giftia.
May 10, 2015 2:30 AM

Apr 2011
Isla is a walking FEELS time bomb.
May 10, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2015
Dang..... Isla has only 1000h to do hentai stuff with MC...
May 10, 2015 2:34 AM

Oct 2014
Great Episode..

FingerMove said:

Best smile on this season... 10/10

read from right to left
May 10, 2015 3:07 AM

Jan 2014
sweet episode (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
May 10, 2015 3:11 AM
Nov 2014
I crie evertiem
May 10, 2015 3:58 AM

Jun 2013
Holy crap there is legit no winning, he fell for a soon to be dead doll

That last scene tho LOL
May 10, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
i'm not feeling the feels they want me to feel in this anime
May 10, 2015 5:03 AM

Dec 2014
Alright episode, and Isla's smile! She's cute and it'll be sad when it's her time to be collected..
May 10, 2015 5:59 AM

Apr 2014
The last twenty seconds after the credits, lols
---------My Profile------------
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

159 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.