Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (79) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2014 9:47 PM

May 2014
Protaku94 said:
Oh yeah another question:
Why is the new cast of Servants in Fate/stay night (2014) different from the ones in Fate/Zero?
I mean, if everyone from the old servants died then sure, but Saber perished at end of Zero no? If so, why is she the only to come back? And if not, why is she back anyways and not the others? And Gilgamesh the Archer is still around in the OP, so how's that work for the new Archer?

Might be a simple question but oh well. No spoilers pwease.

I'll just say that the servants in each grail war varies and the same heroic spirit can be summoned multiple times, you'll have a lot of fun finding out the rest later.

Pm'd
WrongPriestOct 20, 2014 9:52 PM
Oct 20, 2014 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
With Saber you may find out here, but understand that this route is not about her so much as Team Archer so who knows if they will include that material. As far as that gold haired guy, you should find out.

And, what WrongPriest said.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 20, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
WrongPriest said:
Protaku94 said:
Why is the new cast of Servants in Fate/stay night (2014) different from the ones in Fate/Zero?
I mean, if everyone from the old servants died then sure, but Saber perished at end of Zero no? If so, why is she the only to come back? And if not, why is she back anyways and not the others? And Gilgamesh the Archer is still around in the OP, so how's that work for the new Archer?

I'll just say that the servants in each grail war varies and the same heroic spirit can be summoned multiple times, you'll have a lot of fun finding out the rest later.
Ah ok thanks for the help! I'll post here if I have any other questions.
Oct 20, 2014 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
Protaku94 said:

Basically, servants can be summoned in different wars. Who get's summoned depends on what catalysts the masters have available. As you might imagine, not all catalysts from the 4th war will be available to masters of the 5th. Hence, not all servants summoned are the same.
Oct 20, 2014 9:54 PM

May 2014
fst said:
Protaku94 said:

Basically, servants can be summoned in different wars. Who get's summoned depends on what catalysts the masters have available. As you might imagine, not all catalysts from the 4th war will be available to masters of the 5th. Hence, not all servants summoned are the same.

Haha I wasn't going to say this considering the catalyst thing was explained in f/z, maybe you should chuck a spoiler in there for the FSN guys.
Oct 20, 2014 9:58 PM
Oct 2014
PriestSlayer said:
Ok then, who started this whole 'Priest' thingy?

I can't remember who exactly started it, but I do remember the events that caused the mass congregation.

Months before the show started someone noted that there would be an influx of new watchers who would be full of questions as to what was going on, in response to this someone else jokingly said that they should shout REJOICE! before answering questions for the new watchers. Eventually the joke escalated to the point where it was decided that it would be hilarious to have everyone change their avatar to Kirei and act as a church to guide the new viewers.

As you can see presently, the priests don't shout REJOICE! when they answer a question, and having people who can't answer questions for new viewers kinda defeats the original purpose of the gesture, leaving us where we are now, where the priests are just a ridiculously big club of F/SN fans.

Some priests out there probably have a more detailed version of the events that led to the mass congregation, but that's how I remember things playing out. If there is anything wrong with what I said I hope a priest will be able to correct it, but I hope that answers your question :D
Oct 20, 2014 9:58 PM
Sep 2012
chickenonthepan said:
You guys will eventually find out when the time comes. This is a big part of his personality.

But yeah, his biological parents are never mentioned.

I've read the VN (granted it was 5 or 6 years ago so my memory could be hazy) and never saw it have any impact to the story in anyway. He was team Emiya as if nothing happened prior but I've been meaning to re-read the VN so maybe I'll catch things I forgot.
Oct 20, 2014 10:01 PM

Jan 2014
Okay here is one I've been wondering for a while.

Why do people love Kirei so much?
I'm not saying he's a bad character cause he was one of my favorites in Zero. Does he do something later to get many fans to love him?

Oct 20, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
AkatsukiWolf said:

I'm not saying he's a bad character cause he was one of my favorites in Zero. Does he do something later to get many fans to love him?

Can't really describe it without spoiling, though....I'll just say I find him fascinating.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 20, 2014 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
crimson915 said:
PriestSlayer said:
Ok then, who started this whole 'Priest' thingy?

I can't remember who exactly started it, but I do remember the events that caused the mass congregation.

Months before the show started someone noted that there would be an influx of new watchers who would be full of questions as to what was going on, in response to this someone else jokingly said that they should shout REJOICE! before answering questions for the new watchers. Eventually the joke escalated to the point where it was decided that it would be hilarious to have everyone change their avatar to Kirei and act as a church to guide the new viewers.

As you can see presently, the priests don't shout REJOICE! when they answer a question, and having people who can't answer questions for new viewers kinda defeats the original purpose of the gesture, leaving us where we are now, where the priests are just a ridiculously big club of F/SN fans.

Some priests out there probably have a more detailed version of the events that led to the mass congregation, but that's how I remember things playing out. If there is anything wrong with what I said I hope a priest will be able to correct it, but I hope that answers your question :D

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I guess that could part of it. Maybe.

The priest thing really started because a person now called FakePriest suggested a couple of months ago that he wanted to change his name to that to celebrate the coming of the new Ufotable Fate/stay night anime. Then others also liked that idea and said that they're going to change their names too to similar things.

The result of that minor event caused it to snowball into all these priests we have as of right now. Let us all rejoice.

Oct 20, 2014 10:20 PM

Nov 2011
Question about Unlimited Blade Works route.

From what I've read on wiki, there is actually a way to reach the UBW route without completing Fate?
However, it will result in an unavoidable BAD END for the route if done this way?

Is this true?
Oct 20, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2007
Stark700 said:

From what I've read on wiki, there is actually a way to reach the UBW route without completing Fate?
However, it will result in an unavoidable BAD END for the route if done this way?

Is this true?

You reach a SCENE from UBW. But it has a VERY bad outcome with
Oct 20, 2014 10:29 PM

Nov 2011
CookingPriest said:
Stark700 said:

Is this true?

You reach a SCENE from UBW. But it has a VERY bad outcome with

Ouch.
Oct 20, 2014 10:33 PM
Sep 2012
What are chances of Ufotable adapting Tsukihime? I know Fate is a more popular series that makes it worthwhile but them doing F/Z and KNK gives me hope.
Oct 20, 2014 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
AkatsukiWolf said:

Kirei is like the Darth Vader of the Fate franchise. I don't think there's a point in pinpointing reaons to like him. Once you get to know him, his personality, attitude, and the vibe he gives off speak for themselves. Also, his voice is awesome.
Oct 20, 2014 10:46 PM
Dec 2013
I heard there was rape in this, i am not a fan of rape at all but will they show rape scenes or hear it by any chance? I rather it being implied

pls help a brother out
Oct 20, 2014 10:50 PM

Oct 2013
ScazoN said:
I heard there was rape in this, i am not a fan of rape at all but will they show rape scenes or hear it by any chance? I rather it being implied

pls help a brother out

Short answer:

Long answer:
Oct 21, 2014 12:17 AM

Aug 2009
for HF, the prologue(Rin) can be the same.Shirou's POV can be another special, with the exact same scenes as ep1 PLUS the modifications needed for HF.

WrongPriest said:

I know they do show up in another fate/ but that's all highly spoilered.
No they dont.

@Rinkth
Implied?I guess you mean that we dont actually see it.
Oct 21, 2014 3:20 AM

Aug 2014
WrongPriest said:

*edit oh shit did I just spoil?

Wah-wuh-Where??
Oct 21, 2014 3:26 AM

May 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
WrongPriest said:

*edit oh shit did I just spoil?

Wah-wuh-Where??
Not his whole family, but I was under the impression that
Srs spoiler for prism illya manga:

Edit* never try to write spoilers from a phone, you may just ruin someone's day.
Oct 21, 2014 3:27 AM

Aug 2014
WrongPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Wah-wuh-Where??
Not his whole family, but I was under the impression that: serious spoiler for prism illya manga

Oh that.
I thought it too. Though I recall someone (Fai, I think) saying no way they're blood related soooo....idk.
Oct 21, 2014 3:29 AM

Apr 2010
What I don't understand about Fate/Kaleid is that
Oct 21, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
WrongPriest said:
Not his whole family, but I was under the impression that: serious spoiler for prism illya manga

Oh that.
I thought it too. Though I recall someone (Fai, I think) saying no way they're blood related soooo....idk.
So he's probably gonna come kick my face in right? Great..
Oct 21, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2014
antonn said:

All my info on this is like 3rd hand.. So I'm probably wrong about all of it.
Oct 21, 2014 3:48 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
WrongPriest said:

Oh that.

WrongPriest said:
antonn said:

All my info on this is like 3rd hand.. So I'm probably wrong about all of it.

Oct 21, 2014 3:52 AM

Aug 2014
Oct 21, 2014 9:44 AM

Aug 2009
InsertPriestHere said:
WrongPriest said:

Oh that.

Oct 21, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Oh that.

That most likely refers to
Oct 21, 2014 5:38 PM

Apr 2011
(屮゜Д゜)屮 Why the priest obsession on MAL (屮゜Д゜)屮
Oct 21, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
Valaskjalf said:

Kirei it's life, Kirei it's love.
Oct 21, 2014 6:51 PM

Sep 2013
Archer
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2014 6:59 PM

Jun 2012
Haven't watched anything of this franchise, don't intend to read the VN, where should I start?
Shoot first, think never.
Oct 21, 2014 7:00 PM

Jun 2009
Open-Dice said:
Haven't watched anything of this franchise, don't intend to read the VN, where should I start?

This series here.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 21, 2014 7:40 PM

Sep 2013
RinPriest said:
mickdrew_99 said:
Archer

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
Valaskjalf said:

Heavens Feel is why.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Oct 21, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2009
RinPriest said:
mickdrew_99 said:
Archer

the reasons were

Oct 21, 2014 9:11 PM

Apr 2011
How do the servants know what class they are ? some a pretty obvious (lancer) but some aren't, example from the VN
Oct 21, 2014 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
Has it ever been explained why it's called Fate/Stay Night? It's the only Fate title I can't figure out.
Oct 21, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
RinPriest said:

[spoiler]Archer can project Excalibur and use it at a lower level, he even threatens to do so at one point in UBW.

However the damage to his own body would be extreme.

Shirou has the same limitations but absolutely does not give a fuck, destroying his body to achieve his ends.
Oct 21, 2014 9:47 PM

May 2014
Valaskjalf said:
How do the servants know what class they are ? some a pretty obvious (lancer) but some aren't, example from the VN

[spoiler]assassin is a special case if you haven't got to the end I UBW I won't go into it.

Rider is the same, not obviously a rider but has a skill that defiantly makes her one.

Assassins are usually optimised for taking out masters and riders have weak stats but absolute bullshit noble phantasms.

I don't know if that answers your question, was a bit confused.
Oct 21, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2007
ReaperCreeper said:
Has it ever been explained why it's called Fate/Stay Night? It's the only Fate title I can't figure out.

Engrish.

Daytime for slice of life
night for battles and magical stuff

Valaskjalf said:

guesswork
Oct 22, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2009
mickdrew_99 said:
RinPriest said:

Really?

How hard could it be to project a giant piece or rock?

As for the other, he only did it once in HF.Caliburn was due to the connection with Saber, same as Avalon.
Oct 22, 2014 12:57 AM

Sep 2014
Berserker's sword is a giant rock. He can't project true nine lives, because:

A. Its a divine construct

and

B: Its a ballista. UBW doesn't work with non-melee (sword, axe, mace, halberd, etc..) weapons

He also never projected Excalibur, only Caliburn, which isn't a divine construct. What he projected
Oct 22, 2014 1:04 AM

Jul 2007
Not_A_Priest said:

Correct.

Its basically
Oct 22, 2014 2:32 AM
Mar 2012
Any info about release date of OST?
Oct 22, 2014 2:39 AM

Aug 2014
ArcherPriest said:
RinPriest said:

the reasons were

Oct 22, 2014 2:48 AM

Sep 2014
^.

Oct 22, 2014 4:19 AM

Jul 2007
Not_A_Priest said:
^.

That does not matter. He can't even supplement different materials. HE CAN'T
Oct 22, 2014 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
Not_A_Priest said:

and

B: Its a ballista. UBW doesn't work with non-melee (sword, axe, mace, halberd, etc..) weapons

A:I dont remember this but anyway...

B:NL can be used with anything Herc is wielding.
Oct 22, 2014 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
FakePriest said:
Not_A_Priest said:

and

A:I dont remember this but anyway...

B:NL can be used with anything Herc is wielding.

A: Nasu's retcon.

Tho
The sun is a deadly laser
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (79) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.