Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2010
''With these tin arms...i can't even feel the warmth of your dying body...'' - someone kill Doflamingo please.
Then again, i was sad as hell only until i saw last page XD i dont know if i should be sad or laughing anymore, i mean look at their faces.Even that fairy XD
Mar 26, 2014 10:57 AM

Sep 2013
These ret@rds that say this is boring or unnecessary are f*cking stupid, what the f*ck have been reading/watching all this time? this is what one piece is all about.
Fake @$$ f@ggot fans are ruining one piece.

That last page thou, one of the funniest things I've seen in months hahahahahaha :D
Mar 26, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2010
For everyone saying Franky was facing 2 of Dofla's executives Look again

Even Derringer joined them. So they were mainly 3 and a VA. That's friggin Heavily outnumbered there. I don't know if even Sanji can get out of that unscathed.

Props to Franky keeping all these guys busy. Imagine if they were out to stop the others. RESPECT SUPAAAAA FRANKY!

Also about Kyros's leg....I don't think that will be a problem. Law should easily take care of that one ;P
Mar 26, 2014 11:49 AM
Jan 2014
I understand that two Dofla executives and in case of Franky the marine too are hard enemies, but I'm still surprised how bad Usopp and Franky got beaten. I mean there are so much tough enemies in this arc and even with the help after the toys become humans again, still surprised how weak Oda made the crew (besides Zoro and Luffy). On one side I'm happy that Oda doesn't go the typical exponential power ups like for example in Dragon Ball Z. Such style gets quickly repetitive.

The SHs have fights from time to time where they struggle a lot, that was before the break and how it looks this is the first arc after it. With the upcoming battles I really thought he would give more SH charas one of the Haki powers, even if it's only the Kenbunshoku. On the other side luck was always with them (fate and shit going on) and I like how Oda surprises us with strange twists and ideas. Maybe this is one of his messages too. Diversity means real power cause you can react to a lot of situations and be unpredictable.
Mar 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
Raven-kun said:
Such sadness yet such comedy. Only Oda can pull this off!

I agree. Oda amazes me by pulling off a chapter that is very different from all of my predictions. Whou would have thought Kyros would disapear with the fake death of the princess and then finally disappear from even the memory of his wife and daughter. Finally, when he doesn't want to disappear anymore he is turned into a toy and everyone forgets him.

That's fantastic storytelling. Oh, and it made more sense as Kyros was facing almost the whole Doflamingo crew by himself in the throne room. It makes sense he was beat.

I have NO CLUE what happened with Usopp. The only thing I can think of is that Usopp was always testing his "tabasco stars" so maybe he built up a tolerance to spicy things that will let him recover faster.

Oh, and I'm kind of annoyed we didn't see Franky fight. He would never go down without taking at least half the people he was fighting with him. That's my only real gripe. Even though he lost, I wanted to see the awesomeness of him holding off a small army for Usopp.
Mar 26, 2014 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
HalibelTheEspada said:
God damn... got a huge laugh out of Riku and Kyros crying when Rebecca was born. And man, that wasw sad as hell... had tears rolling down my eyes the minute I saw Scalet, because I knew how it would go.

Kyros is a badass for cutting his leg off like that... Zoro almost did that once. Thankfully he didn't, though, or else our 3 sword-style swordsman would be running around on two little stubs. It's too bad Riku got captured again anyway... but still this background story was pretty great. Just noticed that Scarlet looks just like Rebecca (who I still can't get over how much she looks like Nami).

Ha, and right after I said Franky was the only one who probably had it in the bag, he loses. Not really all that surprising though... but I do wonder how he lost... 'cause hell, even Machvise was standing there like nothing happened. It must've been the double team between Machvise and Senor Pink, because I doubt any amount of small-fry could beat Franky. Hope we see more of that later.

Okay, after this chapter I'm seriously starting to think Usopp has Haoshoku Haki. That's the second time (first was Perona) that he made someone pass out while foaming at the mouth. Really starting to wonder if it was just a coincidence now... and it would be pretty awesome if Usopp has it. Either way, Sugar's reaction was freakin' hilarious and unexpected.

blfan said:
So the grape wasn't poison at all, what was the plan, was that grape meant for Trebol, if it was meant for Sugar, how could that scare her if she can't see herself.
It wasn't supposed to be poison, that was just Sugar's assumption. It's supposed to be the "world's hottest grape", hot enough to make anyone who eats it pass out.

actually you could see dellinger on the left of franky, so it was 3 executives + VA vs franky
Mar 26, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2012
What a tragedy chapter.. I love Kyros and Scarlet's story, . Wonder if Rebecca still remember that promise from kyros now that he will turn back to human..
Such disappointment Sugar pass out just like that.,Cavendish is on their side as well..Dofla made a bunch of enemies..

Mar 26, 2014 12:39 PM
Dec 2011
Wow Kyros cutting his leg in that situation, a true shounen manga hero! And just to get turned into a toy... and go through hell once again...
The ending was hilarious and unexpected... xD
Mar 26, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
I want to see Kyros fuck shit up so much.

I have no words for how Usopp manage to make Sugar pass out.
Eh
Mar 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2010
Kyros was just awesome, loved his story. Thank Oda he put a funny ending or if was for the 3 sad part (Kyros, Rebecca in tournament) i would be crying since the eyes were getting ready -.-
Mar 26, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2013
Now THAT'S a hell of a way to end a chapter! XD XD XD
Mar 26, 2014 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
Barion-Zara said:
For everyone saying Franky was facing 2 of Dofla's executives Look again

Even Derringer joined them. So they were mainly 3 and a VA. That's friggin Heavily outnumbered there. I don't know if even Sanji can get out of that unscathed.

Props to Franky keeping all these guys busy. Imagine if they were out to stop the others. RESPECT SUPAAAAA FRANKY!

Feroxity said:
actually you could see dellinger on the left of franky, so it was 3 executives + VA vs franky
Ha, good catch... I guess I didn't look at that panel enough. To be honest I kinda skimmed over that panel, I didn't actually even see Senor Pink, only saw Machvise. But I see Dellinger now... well that makes much more sense, since he was beating those two last we saw. I wonder if Dellinger's just that strong, or if it was their combined efforts. Either way, yeah Franky had one hell of a fight on his hands and he may have lost that fight, but because he held out long enough, he won the war. :P

Now I just hope he's alright after losing... not really anyone to save him now. Except maybe Koala... which would be pretty awesome.
HalibelTheEspadaMar 26, 2014 3:14 PM
Mar 26, 2014 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
He won by losing, in true Usoland fashion.
Mar 26, 2014 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
One of the saddest, and best chapters i've read. I love Oda Sensei. The feels in this chapter only to top it off with a great last page. AMAZING. !
Mar 26, 2014 7:57 PM
Apr 2013
wanderingplayboy said:
al1619 said:
Dat Kyros flashback.. is it bad that it made me cry ? ;_;

I didn't really get the last page, but it I bet it was a typical Usopp win.. One Piece facial expressions are unbeatable! XD

Usopp ate the tatababasco. Since it was really spicy (enough to knock you down), Usopp cried out loud and made that face. Sugar got surprised by his face and lost consciousness. You know what it means if Sugar lost consciousness right? :p

I totally didn't expect Usopp using his "conqueror haki" to beat Sugar. And dat flashback was so cute, sweet, yet sad. This chapter makes me remember how creative Oda is.

Oh Usopp used 'conqueror's haki' damn I never expected that.. I hope yer right about this :D

Oda Sensei ♥

Forum Set by Moi||T.C.O.||R.A.C.E.

Mar 26, 2014 8:21 PM

Jun 2011
I knew the Tatababasco ball would play a role in Sugar's defeat but this is definitely not what I've been expecting AT ALL. Sugar was scared shitless because that was definitely not what she thought would happen. Maybe Usopp planned it all? Give me a really good laugh, and another "Enel face" to my collection.
Nice flashback with Kyros, while it was a bit rushed, I'm digging that because it does tie into the Riku flashback early on except that it's from a different perspective. Kyros cutting his own leg off for King Riku was badass!
Franky and Usopp are down for the time being but operation SOP is a success.

Mar 26, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2010
That Kyros flashback of his wife dying in his arms and not remembering him, truly brutal.
Mar 27, 2014 3:23 AM
Mar 2014
I wonder if Kyros is a pirate if you look at the bottom panel on page 5 you see him wearing a jolly roger on his back.
Mar 27, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2013
I wasn’t expecting Sugar to get beaten so early on but stuff is about to get crazy now. That was a good way for it to happen too I guess. I knew Usopp wasn’t strong enough to beat Trebol but I figured he would use some trick to do it. Luckily Sugar thought that ball was poison, otherwise she probably wouldn’t have fed it to him. I’m excited to see what happens after all the toys turn into humans again. Everyone is going to think Usopp is a huge hero. He is going to tell the dwarfs that he knocked Sugar out with his Haki and they are all going to believe him and all the toys were too far away to see what was happening so none of them will probably know he won in that way. They’ll just know that he somehow won and is the reason that they are saved. His reputation is going to sky rocket. Haha

I am kind of disappointed that Franky got beaten so bad. I mean it makes sense that he would lose since he was going up against 3 executives, a Marine VA, and a lot of different marines and DD pirate members but I wish he didn’t get completely beat. I was hoping he would at least still be conscious and kind of holding his own. Even if he was getting his butt kicked I didn’t expect him to be out for the count.

Lastly I don’t usually guess on who is going to become a Strawhat, but I could actually see Kyros joining. I think it would be pretty cool to have another really strong member like him. I mean now that his wife is dead he doesn’t have as much reason to stay. He would still have Rebecca but she could easily be looked after by the rest of the royal family. With his criminal past it would also make sense. He probably wouldn’t be able to raise her as a member of the royal family so he could go off on his own adventure while she is raised by Violet or someone else. Also lot of Strawhats who already had criminal pasts ended up joining (Franky, Robin, Brook, kind of Zoro). Another thing I think might happen with him is that he will somehow get the mera-mera. Oda emphasized how he does not have a devil fruit yet. Not only did it show him swim but it he even stated that he isn’t a devil fruit user. That seemed kind of pointless to mention out of nowhere so I think it might hint to something. That would also kind of give him some power back considering he only has one leg now. And if he had the mera-mera that would be even more of a reason why we would want him to be a Strawhat. Maybe he could even stick a peg leg in that stump and look like a real pirate. This probably won’t happen, but I think it would be awesome to have Kyros as a Strawhat.
Mar 27, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
I honestly could've worded this better, but I really don't feel like it. You'll get the point regardless.

I could easily see Kyros watching Rebecca from afar without a goodbye then meeting up with the SH crew. I also could see him not caring about tainting her and end up rebuilding his life with Rebecca and everyone else. Basically I'm saying I don't see Rebecca, Kyros, or Violet joining the crew at this point.

Overall it would appear things are shaping up in a big way for the SH crew. How many places have they been to now where the people would easily fight by their side? Not only that but now they have hundreds of pirates/people that more than likely will be siding with them!

Can't wait to see how it all works out.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Mar 27, 2014 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
I definitely don’t see Violet or Rebecca joining. I’ve counted them out as soon as we found out they were part of the royal family. I’m assuming Riku will take back control and if that were to happen there is no way Violet or Rebecca could become a pirate. They wouldn’t want to make their country look bad by having members of the royal family becoming pirates. Same case with Vivi. But Kyros is different. He is not royal blood and is known by everyone to have a criminal past. No one even knew Rebecca was his daughter or that he was even still alive. Even though he might stay I could definitely see him setting out with the Strawhats.
Mar 27, 2014 5:04 PM

Nov 2013
The whole "toys are forbidden to live under the same house as humans" is a complete set up for Rebecca and Kuros living together again. Rebecca had no familly for 10 years, I can't see Kuros leaving like this right after they are re united.

And in fact I can even see Kuros becoming the new King. King Riku is a good person, in fact he is too good natured, it's likely he still feels guilty for what happened to his kingdom (plus some people may find it difficult to accept the return of the "mad king") so it's likely he will hand the power to Kuros "the one who fought and saved us from Doflamingo", it will be like Alabasta, the actions of the SH crew won't be made public and someone else will take the prize. It would be a very good story for Kuros, first a criminal, then a gladiator, then a rebel and in the end the King.

Nick731 said:
I wasn’t expecting Sugar to get beaten so early on

The arc began 40 chapters ago, it's already a lot of chapters, and it's not even finished. There is still Dofla, the Admiral stuff, the revolution army stuff, the Mera Mera no mi, maybe a bit of Big Mom stuff ... there is a lot to tell

ps : I really want the next chapter now :x
short_reviewMar 27, 2014 5:12 PM
Mar 27, 2014 9:15 PM

Jul 2011
arc is leading to a war zone already.
and the flashback was too harsh.
[center][/URL][/IMG][center][/url]
Mar 28, 2014 3:39 AM

Apr 2009
nah, i don't rate in discussions.
it's just that i can't enjoy this arc.
it's one long boring ride to lametown and back.
i feel this way since they reunited after the two years of "training" but this arc is especially mehh - kinda like the fishman-island crap.
didn't want to talk it bad or something, just my opinion.
Mar 28, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2012
It's... SAD... :(
Mar 29, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2012
That face made my day, oh my jesus.

Toys are gonna be human again, gonna see kyros in the present day. Fantastic to see usopp playing a proper role, he got fucked up but done great, made the events coming up next possible.

Is DD gonna notice luffy now? or is kyros gonna lose his shit and attack him?

Usopp, brave warrior of the sea, leader of 9000 tontatta tribesman, it's coming, usopp is going to have his followers and be their hero.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about robin, though she's gonna turn back now :D

Shit is gonna go crazy right now, is the VA gonna take franky away? are we gonna have to have someone to save franky? we got zoro vs pica, we got the Colosseum, we got the sanji group going to zou, we got koala wherever she is. Let's do it, i can't wait.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 29, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
I doubt the army will be able to take Franky away with the incoming riots in all the country. It's likely he will take advantage of the confusion and escape.
Mar 29, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2012
DuneRocky said:
I wonder if Kyros is a pirate if you look at the bottom panel on page 5 you see him wearing a jolly roger on his back.
That's not Kyros, that's Ricky... aka King Riku. Kyros is the one kneeling right next to him.
Mar 29, 2014 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
I didn't like the fishmen island arc, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this arc. Why? Because it's against a warlord! It's an arc with purpose and Luffy taking on (a symbol of) the government.

Kyros and the princess, haha. Sad past. Can't wait to see that animated!

Also, Usopp, GOOD JOB. AHAHA. That is how you knock out a little girl. That was better than I hoped. XD
Now to see how the toys turn out. Is this a revolution now? :D
Mar 29, 2014 10:26 PM

Oct 2007
OMG speechless!!!

That was so brilliant oda! How often do you have a heartbreaking backstory like that only to rebound with the opportunity for instant revenge in the same chapter! From sorrow to instant off your chair..has you thinking for a few moments...wait a second? Did she just faint from usopp freaking her the hell out?? YES SHE DID EPIC! This is a climatic point for the arc...every character is introduced, main fighting crew at the villians HQ and after ussops "shocking" turn around victory...shit's going to hit the fan and we are going on a rollercoaster ride...can't wait to see the real progression after all that's been set up in the background. Not ideal "victories" for ussop and franky but they pulled off a very difficult operation just in time..only in one piece can the heroes lose a battle but go on to kick ass and win the war! Most complex, high-stake, diverse and yet to get intense arc since the great war of the best...my body is ready oda...
Mar 31, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2013
Fucking loved this chapter.

That face at the end was hilarious.
Apr 9, 2014 10:33 PM

Dec 2013
OH SHIIIIIIIIZNIT!!! Now thats what I'm talkin about!! What a heck of a chapter.

I hope they show more of Franky and Usopp's fights in the anime. Who'd a thought Sugar would get taken out like that!!

Looks like the climax of this arc is at hand!
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 23, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2011
LOL @ final page, LOL'd @ the comments here "Sugar beaten by Usopp's face." It was a little too easy, but damn shit was hilarious.

Kyros flashback was really sad, man, Kyros had it worst. If only he had a nice character design and a goal, I would nominate him for the next strawhat. While the flashback was great, I had a problem with it, that is, we didn't get to see what happened in between. Was Kyros not called a murderer anymore after time, and after he created a legend, and people just don't care anymore?

Sabo was enjoying his little fight with Burgess there. :) Franky and Usopp are down now, ugh!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 1, 2014 2:15 AM

Jan 2014
First good chapter in a long time. I liked the flashback, but the leg loss was forced. They just did it there and went on with the toy turning. So that lacked good execution.

I somewhat expected Ussop to do something weird at the last page haha.
Well he got a giant on his side now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2015 5:27 AM

Sep 2013
Haha that last page, Usopp knocking Sugar out with his face. Wasn't expecting that after such a sad flashback.

Hopefully we can see Sabo fighting properly soon.
May 23, 2015 11:16 AM

Feb 2013
pretty rushed flashback tbh, but I wasn't interested in seeing a volume long story about how the toy soldier became who he was anyway.
Mar 21, 2016 2:31 AM

Oct 2014
uwaaaah I love Kyros's story ;-; so sad aaaa
May 15, 2018 4:21 PM

Feb 2013
More sad stuff, he couldn't even cry as he watched Scarlet die.
Lol, Usopp did it!
Sep 17, 2018 1:58 PM

Dec 2015
Cheeky bitch didn't expect that!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2019 3:43 AM
Mar 2019
ichii_1 said:
These ret@rds that say this is boring or unnecessary are f*cking stupid, what the f*ck have been reading/watching all this time? this is what one piece is all about.
Fake @$$ f@ggot fans are ruining one piece.

That last page thou, one of the funniest things I've seen in months hahahahahaha :D

Yeah, a lot comments here are really annoying, seems like people here just skim through the pages
Jul 24, 2022 5:49 AM

Nov 2020
what a roller coaster of emotion this chapter was
Sep 8, 2022 3:37 PM

Mar 2021
Damn so Kyros cut his own leg off. Dedication level 1000000

DAMN USOPPS FACE ON LAST PAGE LMFAO

HE JUST TRAUMATIZED HER HAHAHHAHAHA

Oct 23, 2022 11:44 AM

Sep 2021
ayo god ussop lmao, the last panel made me crack lol.
Oct 30, 2022 1:00 PM

May 2021
God Usopp with his god haki.

Apr 16, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2021
Apr 25, 2023 9:39 PM

Dec 2022
love how even with a volume full of sorrow and a last chapter with as much tear-jerking as that, it manages to end off on a completely absurd spread
this manga is the stuff of legends, man
Jul 25, 2023 12:17 PM

Jun 2017
Curos is so masculine and yet, can be cute too! I'm talking about it since he got closer to his late wife, Scarlet.

He had such a tragic life indeed. I wish him a happy ending and hopefully, he wouldn't die.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 20, 8:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ussop face scared Sugar!!!!
hilarious!
kekeke
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 43 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Feb 5, 2010

23 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 42 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Feb 4, 2010

21 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 41 Discussion

25 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 40 Discussion

27 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 39 Discussion

18 by Dumb »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.