Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jul 16, 2014 10:38 PM
Dec 2008
Jul 17, 2014 12:10 AM

Nov 2012
So everyone but main cast is fucking dying damn. Obvious our MC is going to get some sort of powerup, higher tech mech so martians don't kill him in and company in the very near future.
Jul 17, 2014 8:08 AM
May 2014
Personally am liking this. OST is great. OP and ED okay. Animation... meh due to the CGI but I can live with it. Characters seem interesting. Hopefully the plot won't be too boring.
Jul 17, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2010
im actually not unhappy about the CG used in this anime so far. and the story seems decent. will def keep watching.
Jul 17, 2014 8:40 AM
Jul 2012
I see they got the Isshuukan Friends lead actors to do another role together. Quite funny when you imagine Hase-kun saying those bold things his unfortunate counterpart said about the princess. "Babe." "10/10"
Jul 17, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2011
Ok I stand corrected, the princess actually is not dead? Someone better go tell the Marcians because they seem to have misunderstood. Otherwise it is kinda frustrating how even after 15 years the Earth people are being wiped out like this. I'm glad that Marito was ok, he is the cute scruffy guy of the anime so I hope he stays alive for longer.
OP was nice, ED was very meh, OST is good for now. Waiting for next ep.
Jul 17, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
xLacie said:
Ok I stand corrected, the princess actually is not dead? Someone better go tell the Marcians because they seem to have misunderstood.
No one misunderstood anything, did you miss the part where they clearly showed the culprits? And how they are actually martians and planned the assassination to have an excuse to start a war?
Jul 17, 2014 12:15 PM
Oct 2012
Botato said:
xLacie said:
Ok I stand corrected, the princess actually is not dead? Someone better go tell the Marcians because they seem to have misunderstood.
No one misunderstood anything, did you miss the part where they clearly showed the culprits? And how they are actually martians and planned the assassination to have an excuse to start a war?

Ah, sounds like you have another person who watches but does not see.

Personally though I would have loved a bit more ambiguity on that part. I also would have liked for the Terrans to be a bit more equal force wise, it would have made this show have a bit less painting by numbers feel to it.

But that aside, a perfectly good Gundamesque show. Lets see what the big twist to it will be.
Jul 17, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
xLacie said:

Hey, remember that time I asked rhetorically whether anybody was surprised that the princess survived?

Yea...
Jul 18, 2014 3:53 AM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Botato said:

Hey, remember that time I asked rhetorically whether anybody was surprised that the princess survived?

Yea...
It's a rare case, the majority predicted that she survived :p
Jul 18, 2014 9:03 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
xLacie said:

I thought this was obvious even in the first episode where the badguys were twirling their goatees as she left talking how bad it would be if she got assassinated.
Jul 18, 2014 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Botato said:

I thought this was obvious even in the first episode where the badguys were twirling their goatees as she left talking how bad it would be if she got assassinated.
It was hinted at and yes it was pretty obvious if you think about it, but when it is literally spilled out and someone missed it then there's a problem...
Jul 18, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
RedSummers said:
I see they got the Isshuukan Friends lead actors to do another role together. Quite funny when you imagine Hase-kun saying those bold things his unfortunate counterpart said about the princess. "Babe." "10/10"

I'm still convinced that was his death flag cause at least thats how I felt when he said that. Like that was a show of positive emotion, this guy is going to die soon, I had predicted a couple episodes later though, not immediately. Anyway hopefully the show doesn't telegraph all its casts impending doom by having them get offed the second they say anything optimistic or like an average civilian in good spirits might say in your average anime. That's what I liked about Zeta Gundam compared to some other Gundam series is you never really knew when a character was going to die or not, it just sort of happened, whereas typically if a character in a Gundam style mecha show suddenly starts getting more focus or screen time after a while....well....not a good sign for them.
Jul 18, 2014 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
so all of inaho's friends are just disposibles to turn him from emotionless to normal by dying

really liking it but man they could have done inaho better.

oh no my friend died *yawn*
lets kick some martian asses *yawn*

like i understand what they are trying to go for: not being able to comprehend what is happening right now that is why there is no emotion but still i think they could have done it better
Jul 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2007
xSanox said:
so all of inaho's friends are just disposibles to turn him from emotionless to normal by dying

like i understand what they are trying to go for: not being able to comprehend what is happening right now that is why there is no emotion but still i think they could have done it better

I am pretty certain there is something deeper at Inaho's almost sociopathic reactions to everything. We are supposed to find it weird.
Jul 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
xSanox said:

I am pretty certain there is something deeper at Inaho's almost sociopathic reactions to everything. We are supposed to find it weird.
He kinda reminds me of Ledo.
Jul 18, 2014 2:29 PM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
xSanox said:

Inb4 parents were killed in first martian war, mental scarring ensued.
Jul 18, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
xSanox said:

It just strikes me as typical Gen Urobuchi main character writing. He'll probably go from Tin Man to Tin Man with faint pulse and some weird combination of nihilism and logic that is played off as a simple yet extreme form of compassion over the course of the series if he's anything like Leto or Kiritsugu. Personally I can't wait for the obligatory contrived scene where he or the princess are forced by some contrivance or other to commit some form of massacre in the name of results and we have it beaten into our skulls that this is not only the right way but the only "logical" way for things to proceed.
PeacingOutJul 18, 2014 2:59 PM
Jul 18, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
Fai said:
xSanox said:

If that's the message that they (anime team) are trying to convey, then I can't really say that they're doing a great job at it: I've seen numerous posts on here describing Inaho as both "stoic" and "bad ass" -- which is a valid opinion, sure, but is definitely a position that I can not understand at all. If being void of emotion, cooking eggs, and not talking are the prerequisites for a "badass" then I need to update my criteria.
Jul 18, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2012
KazukiTachibana said:
Fai said:

If that's the message that they (anime team) are trying to convey, then I can't really say that they're doing a great job at it: I've seen numerous posts on here describing Inaho as both "stoic" and "bad ass" -- which is a valid opinion, sure, but is definitely a position that I can not understand at all. If being void of emotion, cooking eggs, and not talking are the prerequisites for a "badass" then I need to update my criteria.

Add ''Not Giving a Fuck'' into your list please
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 18, 2014 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
KazukiTachibana said:
Fai said:

I'd definitely describe him as stoic, but not badass. If anything, his stoic-ness annoys me.
Jul 18, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2012
ErenxMikasa said:
KazukiTachibana said:

I'd definitely describe him as stoic, but not badass. If anything, his stoic-ness annoys me.

Bet U love eren
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 18, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
Tommk said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Bet U love eren

I think he gets passable as a MC and gets more hate than he deserves. Much better than a completely emotionless MC anyway.
Jul 18, 2014 8:46 PM

May 2012
ErenxMikasa said:
Tommk said:

Bet U love eren

I think he gets passable as a MC and gets more hate than he deserves. Much better than a completely emotionless MC anyway.

Most people hate him cause he shouts like a mad dog 24/7 ( + Ouma shoe voice ). I think he ain't half bad tho, does not deserve that much of hate.

As for aldnoah zero, its too soon to judge anything. People jumping the gun here and there, are you one of them ?
Jul 18, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2014
Tommk said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Most people hate him cause he shouts like a mad dog 24/7 ( + Ouma shoe voice ). I think he ain't half bad tho, does not deserve that much of hate.

As for aldnoah zero, its too soon to judge anything. People jumping the gun here and there, are you one of them ?

Even if they decide to give Inaho a personality and character down the road, it doesn't change the fact that they're execution of... whatever they want him to be in the first two episodes was anything more than awful. And that's not jumping the gun, so much as it is evaluating how "good" the first two episodes have been.
Jul 19, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2008
Princess survived which makes sense cause I saw her as a MC in the anime character detail section :) Damn all the enemy's mechs are too overpowered and I wonder will Inaho even get a strong mech to go up against so many of the generals.
Jul 19, 2014 2:20 AM

Jul 2014
ShanaFlame said:
Princess survived which makes sense cause I saw her as a MC in the anime character detail section :) Damn all the enemy's mechs are too overpowered and I wonder will Inaho even get a strong mech to go up against so many of the generals.

It'd be a pretty short series if he didn't.

Personally, I'd rather see Inaho die and have the drunk Lieutenant take over as the main character. xD
Jul 19, 2014 11:58 AM
Aug 2011
It's alright.
MC-kun is a little too emotionless right now.
For once i'm kinda wishing he was a whiny bitch instead so that someone would slap some sense into him.
That type of thing always brightens up my day.
Jul 19, 2014 4:28 PM

Nov 2013
Like the others already said, the OST is freaking awesome! Makes every moment much more enjoyable than it already is. Still not sure how they want to manage the superiority though.
"Be wary - triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall..."
Three circles make a triangle ▲, four a square ■ and five a star ★
Click the circles
...to the beat

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Hotchy.gif

[center]

Jul 19, 2014 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
the technology gap is too big, the hero and gang still want to fight...
Jul 20, 2014 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
Well let's see, Earth is getting owned in every single way, the idiot soldier leader died a egotistical fool.

So obviously the kids are going to find a super uber mech to fight, otherwise this anime is going to end fast.
Jul 20, 2014 1:44 AM

Feb 2008
I'm really liking this show so far, more inaho's sister pls.

Also I don't get why people are hating on the cgi, have you seen some other shows? This cgi is light years better than some of the other cgi I've seen.
yahzeeJul 20, 2014 1:47 AM
Jul 20, 2014 4:49 AM

May 2012
parfaited said:
It's alright.
MC-kun is a little too emotionless right now.
For once i'm kinda wishing he was a whiny bitch instead so that someone would slap some sense into him.
That type of thing always brightens up my day.

Please no ouma shoe. Please
Jul 20, 2014 5:15 AM

Jan 2013
yaHzee said:

Also I don't get why people are hating on the cgi, have you seen some other shows? This cgi is light years better than some of the other cgi I've seen.

Watch Sidonia and embrace the eternity.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 20, 2014 5:18 AM

May 2012
DawnJ said:
yaHzee said:

Enjoying both tho...
Jul 20, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2013
Tommk said:
DawnJ said:

Enjoying both tho...

Who aren't?

Aldnoah ep 3 was better than ep 2. It's all about 3D being harmonious with 2D.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 20, 2014 5:36 AM

May 2012
DawnJ said:
Tommk said:

Enjoying both tho...

Who aren't?

Aldnoah ep 3 was better than ep 2. It's all about 3D being harmonious with 2D.

Lots of people arguing about a knife aren't.... TOPKEK
Jul 20, 2014 7:25 AM

May 2014
This is getting good. Finally some mecha action.
Someone died, early death.
I want more Slaine, he's my favorite. But I expect a lot from Inaho. Hope he will be the awesome kind of hero not the whiny kind.
5/5 for me.

Jul 20, 2014 10:23 AM
Oct 2013
if only the cg would blend in better with the rest...this show would be perfect
Jul 20, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2009
Ohhh. Pretty CGI Mecha.
Jul 21, 2014 10:47 AM

Jan 2014
Inaho doesn't act like the usual main character.
He is quite indifferent to almost everything,
which I find very interesting. Like it so far-
Jul 21, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2012
still waiting for the MC to pick up Aldnoah Zero.
Jul 22, 2014 10:31 AM
Jan 2010
so basically mars is just a rogue state filled with madmen
how... anime
and the high school brigade strikes again
Jul 26, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
Asseylum had to not die. It wouldn't make that much sense to introduce a character to just kill her immediately, there's no emotional impact.

The bad guy is too bovious.... Just cause he's a soldier doesn't mean he had to behave like a complete psychopath to be antagonistic...

Well, this is proceeding DECENTLY. But the mechs look like shit indeed.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 27, 2014 7:48 AM

Apr 2011
It seems there are people who are stoic or emotionless that exists. I already knew the princess wouldn't die so easily, and the one who attacked the convoy the Vers themselves. In short, a setup to attack earth. 2nd episode this is already stunning. Plus OP and ED are epic.

RIP Okisuke. Let's see how Inaho, Asseylum, and the others survive this.
Jul 28, 2014 10:25 AM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 31, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2011
I still don't like the mecha stuff, but the story has potential.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 8, 2014 5:44 AM

Feb 2012
Product Placement, like a boss.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 8, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2013
Primus2x said:

do'nt know 'bout the other 3 but heero and setsuna are badass,while this dude is just soulless
Aug 9, 2014 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
A fairly brutal episode with two of the characters from the opening episode buying the farm.

I'm intrigued by Slaine. Too bad he's the subordinate of Trillram at this point.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.