Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 3, 2018 6:18 PM

Jan 2018
360AttAck said:
What the fuck the pimples for

I think it is related to youth and Rashomon. I guess.

What a great episode. I don't have much to discuss and boy I got delayed by a day for watching this episode. Cannot wait for that summer festival.
Mar 3, 2018 9:49 PM

Oct 2016
Wow, those 23 minutes pass as if they were 5 minutes. Great episode.
Mar 4, 2018 12:01 AM

Dec 2016
Wow a non-gag anime character with acne!!?? What a world, what, a, world
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 4, 2018 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Thought that thiis anime, which started as a typical teenie rom-com, would be a typical fail of its own genre. But in reality, it is really catching me. The plot and the beautiful music are so beautiful and deep.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Mar 5, 2018 12:49 AM
Jun 2017
BEAUTIFUL!!! i love how the episode run for today, as it deals with what MANY has believed with nowadays, FRIENDSHIP CAN TURN INTO ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP...

*in the beginning of episode, Mr Kondo is saying to Ms. tachibana (Akira) we are friends... hahahaha... even at work he is helping her since she is his friend!!! (and as a manager!!!)

*Yui and Takashi also has been presented here which is nice....

Mar 5, 2018 2:26 AM
Jul 2013
This ep intro got me thinking it's gonna be a filler ep, glad to be proven wrong.
Kinda surprised it took Mr Nice Senpai to make Haruka think about Akira's mindset after her injury. Anyway, looking forward to Kondo meeting them together at the festival.
Mar 5, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2010
Kondo is living timidly, that's for sure. Which is why he can't make any leaps in getting closer to Akira. I like this show because I relate better to Kondo being old and just looking back on his life that feels wasted. Many middle-aged people do actually feel that way. It's just hard to consider getting involved with someone 30 years younger than you who hasn't experienced life yet. Getting involved with a middle-aged person when you're not even 20 is typically not a good life decision. Not to mention, Kondo is a few years from being a half century old!

I really believe Akira just wants a dad and has decided on a subconscious level that Kondo is her Tou-san. Where is her real dad, anyway? I highly doubt she'd want this romance if her real father were still in her life in any meaningful way. How has Kondo not even wondered about her father? I actually kind of like the idea of them ending up as surrogate father and daughter because it's cute and probably would hit the spot better than romance would for these two. If a romance can end up seeming like it makes sense, in the end, I would support that, too.
Mar 5, 2018 9:26 AM

Aug 2015
I reckon Nishida and Yoshizawa would be a perfect fit. They're both so bubbly and happy. I can't put it into words but there's a lot going on in this series. Reading you guys' posts help me open up to a different view I hadn't thought of before.
Mar 5, 2018 8:32 PM

Feb 2012
This is one of the best uses of a literary allusion I've seen in anime, at least from a Western perspective. After the Rain recognized that not everyone watching this anime will be completely familiar with the story, so it provided enough information for the audience to understand the larger implications. The anime avoids going too far and explaining to much, and trusting the audience to make the connection with the pimple on Kondo's face at the end. The entire sequence also developed Kondo by showing that he is legitimately smart on literature.
Mar 7, 2018 6:06 AM

Oct 2008
Good episode again!
Akira suddenly got pimples! which is unavoidable!
oh! so Yui Nishida is the one who likes Yoshizawa huh...
so this is gonna be a love polygon: Yui > Yoshizawa > Akira > Tenchou > books lolz
So Haruka will be paired to Yamamoto-sempai...
Akutagawa's Rashomon? I feel like i've heard that name before...maybe from (Bungo Stray Dogs)?
Oh how cute, the part where Tenchou saw the scribbles of Akira on her notes! and both are embarrassed!
And the pimple transferred to Tenchou (again) this situation already happened huh?
Akira & Haruka both looked beautiful in their Yukata!
5/5.

Mar 7, 2018 6:13 AM

Sep 2014
Farabeuf said:
Why are we spending so much time on Kyan. Is she relevant to the central part of the story or just a little added spiced up character to have someone add a dramatic bit to the proceedings?

Yeah, I'm curious about that too. While it's nice for Akira to be getting some development outside of her infatuation with Kondou, I didn't care much for this episode in general because really they made no progress. I think the real takeaway from this episode was supposed to be a reminder that Akira is still a kid. She's JUST NOW going through the "drift away from your close childhood friends but still remain chummy" phase that all adolescents see. (also the pimple.) Almost as a "btw we aren't normalizing this relationship by making her seem old" base coverage.
Mar 7, 2018 12:51 PM

Jul 2009
Solid episode, the scenes with Yui and Haruka were nice to see! Focus on side characters is always a plus in my book :3 Kondou helping Akira with her homework was nice too, really shows his enthusiasm for literature huh. The ending totally took me by surprise by baiting me with a Kondou invitation but it was actually Haruka - nice to see them spending more time together! The "pimple" as a reminder of youth huh ... yeah what can I say, it works well as a metaphor that's for sure :P
Mar 9, 2018 2:41 AM

Mar 2014
Haruka is so cute

I think I had enough of seeing pimples tbh
Mar 9, 2018 10:54 PM
Mar 2012
"friendship" developing lol.
Blonde pair should've sailed much earlier, but nice Yui & Takashi are starting, what a fun ship.
I like Akira showing the leg scar & pimple issues, shows youth & imperfection together. Maybe she's coming to terms with these issues. And the parallel with the story was hilarious & deeply meaningful to Akira & Kondou's relation & big 'future' question. Lol later Kondo even gets a pimple. This show deals with the cliched 'youth' theme a lot better.
Ex-soccer boy felt random like who? & why Haruka hates him. But what they talked about is nice pov.
Finally Akira made the initiative to keep the Haruka friendship. It's a small step forward for her cold front at school.
Mar 18, 2018 12:25 AM

Jun 2013
What I like about this restaurant is that they give free food to their employees or maybe it's deducted from their salary? If Kase wasn't such a sleeze, he'd be a great boyfriend since he knows how to cook.

OMG an anime character with pimples! Aren't they supposed to be flawless? Even a hot babe like Akira gets the occasional acne and even Kondo-san. It's cute and funny.

I kinda ship Yamamoto, the ex-captain of the soccer team with Haruka. They look cute together.

臭い-
Apr 8, 2018 2:06 PM

Mar 2012
That's a lot of ships popping up in 2 episodes.
Apr 14, 2018 5:14 AM

Nov 2011
Oh! We start to form couples, I thought that this topic would remain pending instead if it was talked about, better this way. Akira's reasoning was fun, the same for Kondo and his way of doing things at work. Beautiful backgrounds that always show the sky, I'm in love.
Apr 20, 2018 6:13 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
More and more I think about it. Haruka is gay for Akira.

And the entire Rashomon story paralleling parts of their own story was quite intriuging insight. And a good exploration for Kondo and Akira to have a moment with one another.

Also first time I've seen an anime character have a pimple. It's already more real then everything else.
Aug 9, 2018 9:16 PM

May 2012
Very lovely episode, and well the love is getting stronger even though the manager wants to keep it as a friend status.

Well good luck with that, looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 17, 2018 10:54 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that Haruka and Akira are friends again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2019 5:09 AM

Mar 2015
Another good episode, festival up next!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 20, 2019 5:10 AM

Feb 2019
It's so cute every time Akira just jumps around all gleeful.
Nov 7, 2019 12:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so Nishida loves Yoshizawa, that's nice
Sep 15, 2020 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Hey, a more optimistic episode. That's good.

I really enjoyed the conversation between Akira and the a manager about the servant. It was a full, uninterrupted conversation, a legitimate flow of ideas, and a realistic interaction governed by actual communication. Probably the longest conversation they've had throughout this entire series. THIS is how you build memories people... by talking to one another about trivial stuff like literature... not just being platonic with a brick wall (Akira). If only the series could do this more often.

And as usual, the perky blonde kid (the dishwasher) steals the show. I'm hooked every time he's on screen. Akira doesn't really pay attention to him, so it's nice to see his enthusiasm reciprocated by the blonde hostess.
Apr 4, 2021 1:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So the stud that we only got a glimpse of several episodes back is pretty chad. Wish manager could also be a bit more manly and stop getting so flustered all the time

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 22, 2022 3:12 AM

Oct 2022
I’m enjoying the moments when Kondo and Tachibana interact more than ever! They are significantly more comfortable around each other now.

It’s also touching to see how both characters are changing for the better, compared to how they were before in the beginning.

For example, in the end, we see Tachibana going to the festival with her track friend, who she had grown distant from in the beginning. Then you have Kondo becoming more comfortable around his employees at work, engaging in more friendly conversations, teasing cone-head guy and such.  He felt very much like an outsider and assumed that no one liked him as a manager and as a person.

We’ve also learn that Kondo is a bit of a literature nerd.  It’s also endearing that whatever he does, whether it’s being a manager or his love of literature, he pursues everything with a very passionate heart. Admirable to say the least.
Sep 28, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2019
can't help but express my love for the character art and just the art in general it's so attractive and beautiful, it's like a remastered version of the 2000's era where anime characters were tall as hell lol. Don't know if I'm in the minority but I like it when Kyan gets her screen time
Oct 14, 2023 8:27 AM

Dec 2022
Mr. Kondo's reaction when he found the doodles in Akira's notebook was cute. The scene in general was cute.

Oct 27, 2023 5:15 AM

Nov 2022
I didn't realize or just forgot that she's 17 and he is 45...that's a pretty big gap.
Though I enjoyed the other potential couples in this episode, especially her track friend and the ex-soccer player.
Mar 21, 3:53 PM

Aug 2014
This episode 8 could have been the final episode. It would have given us a "safe open" ending, and leaving it up to the imagination of the audience how the romance would have progressed if it did, or if the romance would not progress and they remained friends in the end. And with the imagination that the female MC would return to the running club.

I say this because I have read from many that they were not happy with the direction the anime took from episodes 9-10-11-12
oooo3333Mar 21, 4:24 PM
Mar 30, 12:55 PM

Jun 2017
they are slowly breaking out of their shell .Akira reconnecting on her own will with her friend .She looked great in kimono.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.