Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Dec 18, 2012 5:54 AM

Feb 2008
Mogami-kun said:
Didn't like Yuuta this time around, but the episode was okay 3/5. I expect the usual happy ending in the last episode, let's make some predictions to see how unoriginal KyoAni will be.

1) Rikka returns to her normal self.
2) The mother accepts this.
3) At the very end Yuuta will see mysterious lights that are different from the cars on the bridge.

The falling angel card at the end could hint at a sad ending. If KyoAni would actually go for Rikka committing suicide or something, my faith would be restored. Not happening, but one can dream.

What?

What kind of speculations are those? And why would the best outcome be that Rikka commits suicide? I seriously can't see how that can be a well made ending.
Dec 18, 2012 6:49 AM

Sep 2010
This was really good stuff. Finally some good drama, lately you don't see that unfortunately. Truth told, I definitely wasn't expecting this turn to drama but after she visited her home town it was inevitable.
Can't wait for the last ep, but on the other side it will be sad to see such a good series end. I'm sure KyoAni will deliver an awesome conclusion for us.
Dec 18, 2012 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
I feel so sorry for Dekomori : (
Dec 18, 2012 8:36 AM

Apr 2011
Naxrrhid said:
WTF happened to this show? Where has the awesomeness gone to?

This episode...., score decreased from 9 --> 8

Seriously, i was ready to proclaim this anime as one of the best I have ever seen...., and then: Scumbag episode 11.

Oh well...., still the best for the season.

Episode Naxcore: 0.46 out of 5

Wait... what? This was one of the most important episodes so far and it was my favourite episode until the moment. My guess is, you wanted happy episodes forever comedy, comedy, comedy and no high pitch sadness moments that would contribute a lot for a good plot... what a waste. I love serious moments in anime that can catch all your emotional atention and this episode was truly well done. I was up to raise the score from 9 to 10 after watching this episode but I will wait untill the very end. Yet I mind if this ends pretty sad but if it is the case then let a second season come trough somehow. I proclaim this anime the best of this year.
Dec 18, 2012 9:52 AM
Oct 2012
This is not I want for this show.
the romance part was good, but the drama is...
Dec 18, 2012 1:02 PM

Nov 2012
tormented210 said:
Naxrrhid said:

Seriously, i was ready to proclaim this anime as one of the best I have ever seen...., and then: Scumbag episode 11.

Wait... what? This was one of the most important episodes so far and it was my favourite episode until the moment. My guess is, you wanted happy episodes forever comedy, comedy, comedy and no high pitch sadness moments that would contribute a lot for a good plot... what a waste. I love serious moments in anime that can catch all your emotional atention and this episode was truly well done. I was up to raise the score from 9 to 10 after watching this episode but I will wait untill the very end. Yet I mind if this ends pretty sad but if it is the case then let a second season come trough somehow. I proclaim this anime the best of this year.

Alot of people (going by the frequency and number of threads on 4chan and other anime sites) hated this episode. It just felt completely out of place and extremely forced. The awesomeness of this anime was its comedy and that cute sweet romance between the mains...., but scumbag episode 11 changed that. It's not enough to drop the score of the show drastically, but it was enough to drop the score for me. Drama, as a genre in anime is not for everyone and it definitely is not for me. I mean, when did Yuuta become so irritating? The whole fact that 3 weeks passed since she changed was enough to make this a bad episode.

As for the ending, it's more or less gonna be a happy one, else what would have been the point of the last episode. Don't get me wrong, i hated this episode, but it is still the best for this season despite the score going down. Best for the year is still in the debate for me. Season 2 would be interesting.
Dec 18, 2012 1:56 PM

Nov 2011
My episode 11 review (Using Dynasty warriors 7, playing as Xiahou Dun :P )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6CyDFppU8o
Dec 18, 2012 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
Naxrrhid said:
Alot of people (going by the frequency and number of threads on 4chan and other anime sites) hated this episode. It just felt completely out of place and extremely forced.

No. You didn't just call 4chan an "anime site" did you? :/
Dec 18, 2012 5:30 PM

Apr 2011
Naxrrhid said:
tormented210 said:
Naxrrhid said:

Alot of people (going by the frequency and number of threads on 4chan and other anime sites) hated this episode. It just felt completely out of place and extremely forced. The awesomeness of this anime was its comedy and that cute sweet romance between the mains...., but scumbag episode 11 changed that. It's not enough to drop the score of the show drastically, but it was enough to drop the score for me. Drama, as a genre in anime is not for everyone and it definitely is not for me. I mean, when did Yuuta become so irritating? The whole fact that 3 weeks passed since she changed was enough to make this a bad episode.

As for the ending, it's more or less gonna be a happy one, else what would have been the point of the last episode. Don't get me wrong, i hated this episode, but it is still the best for this season despite the score going down. Best for the year is still in the debate for me. Season 2 would be interesting.

Well... we share different opinions and tastes I'm forced to accept this but I still deny that Chuunibyou has weak points. I can understand all the supposed "drastic" changes that happened untill now, maybe I have too much imagination wich let me understand better those characters behaviours but I prefer to believe that this show development seems perfect to everyone and you're just watching it in a wrong way, taking chuunibyou too lightly because since the ending of the first episode I already knew we would have drama sooner or later and it came way too later.
But hey... Those opinions from 4chan aren't supposed to determinate yours, If you really think this episode was bad it's okay but if you're being influenced by other people opinion that's your bad.
TormentedDec 18, 2012 5:53 PM
Dec 18, 2012 5:51 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Naxrrhid said:
Alot of people (going by the frequency and number of threads on 4chan and other anime sites) hated this episode.
What if I don't give a damn what all those people on 4chan thought?
Dec 18, 2012 6:07 PM

Nov 2012
Cratex said:
Naxrrhid said:
Alot of people (going by the frequency and number of threads on 4chan and other anime sites) hated this episode.
What if I don't give a damn what all those people on 4chan thought?

Well I didn't say you should. In fact you shouldn't care about what anyone else says. But I was just making a point that i was not alone in my dislike for the episode. There were alot of other people lol

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure alot of people like the drama in the episode.
Dec 18, 2012 6:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Naxrrhid said:

Well I didn't say you should. In fact you shouldn't care about what anyone else says.
I was saying the same thing - your opinion is your own, my opinion is my own. We're not voting for or against a new tax bill here and lining up votes, we're talking about what we individually liked or didn't like. ;)
Dec 18, 2012 7:10 PM

Dec 2010
Like an anime or not, I'd always point my fingers at the staff who created the show, and not the fictional characters. So if I think Yuuta's indecisiveness is annoying, I'd blame it on KyoAni. (Ah.. In fact, I'm doing that now.)
._.
Dec 18, 2012 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
The turn this show has taken was pretty obvious from the start to me. It's a comedy/romance that deals with delusions and stuff, so it's obvious they were going to address the not so nice side of it. I think it's great and it's really enjoyable to watch, moreso than just DARK FLAME MASTAH shit for 12 episodes.

That scene with Dekomori and Yuuta at the end was so sad, god damn.
Dec 18, 2012 9:36 PM

May 2007
I just watched episode 11 because I knew the last episode would air tomorrow, so that I don't have to anticipate too long.

Yeah, Nibutani hugging Dekomori was incredibly sweet, I like Nibutani a lot more now.

Yuuta definitely regrets and so does Rikka to a certain level but she doesn't understand it as much as Yuuta. To be honest, they're changing their behaviour just to comply with others, which isn't really the way you should live, you should be yourself for the most part but Rikka is trying desperately to be "normal", hes desperation is making Yuuta confused and upset over the matter, it's also the reason why he lashed out at Dekomori at the end, forcing her to admit that it doesn't exist and that she too is "normal".

I hope nothing tragic comes of Dekomori imo.

The light novel only has 2 volumes and they have been translated:-

http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/

I took a quick glance through both volumes and it seems that the story is significantly different, well not entirely but the character, Satone Shichimiya, is not even mentioned in the anime at all and she sort of plays a big role somewhat....maybe she might appear in the final episode, she sort of does in the light novel by being only introduced in the 2nd volume. The light novel ends very open-ending-ly with *Big Spoiler to the LN and possibly anime*

Anyways, eagerly awaiting the final episode, hopefully KyoAni do good. :D
Dec 19, 2012 6:26 AM

Aug 2011
It pains me to see Sanae facing reality. I knew it was going to happen to all of them but she (as well as Rikka) aren't having the smoothest of transitions.

Great episode. I'm glad it decided to explore the more taboo side of growing out of the syndrome (or so I assume, with the finale looming over). The last episode could change all that but I wouldn't be disappointed if the harsh reality came sooner than expected.
Dec 19, 2012 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
meimon said:
This is not I want for this show.
the romance part was good, but the drama is...

I agree. I was bored serious story.
I expect there is interesting sceね in last epsode.
Dec 19, 2012 7:58 AM

Sep 2010
HanXin said:
I expect there is interesting sceね in last epsode.

You forgot to turn off IME sir. ;)

But indeed, I'm expecting interesting stuff in the last episode too.
Dec 19, 2012 9:59 PM

Jan 2011
I guess this episode was to be expected... there will definitely come a point in time where Rikka drops her chuunibyou, which was also rather cute when she was trying to act normally.

Felt really sad for Dekomori... at least I got some Dekomori x Nibutani action, really nice there.

1 more episode to go and I think the ending should be quite expected...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 20, 2012 7:36 PM

Aug 2007
Well... Seems to be that this episode was difficult to Rikka, but she didn't cry. So, dekomori cried a lot in this episode.
Dec 20, 2012 8:31 PM

Apr 2009
Seeing Rikka be a normal girl for once was a nice change of pace. That was a short, but touching scene when it was time for her older sister to leave.

Looks like her return to reality was a traumatic and shocking affair - so much gloom was in the air. Almost as if she lost something more than just her Chuunibyou...

It was nice seeing Shinka comfort Sanae for once. I get how tough it would be on her now that she's the last Chuunibyou holdout in the group.

Lots of drama this episode. Like a dam holding it all back just broke. Time to move on to the finale!
Dec 21, 2012 3:41 PM

Nov 2012
Saddest episode ever. Poor Dekomori D':
And Rikka just tried too hard to be normal..
Now to wait for the final episode .o.

EDIT:

Silly me, it already aired u.u'
kikones34Dec 21, 2012 3:45 PM
Dec 24, 2012 6:34 PM

May 2012
Damn what an emotional episode and to know that the next one is the final one :( Well I hope everything will end good lets figure that out in the next episode!
Dec 28, 2012 5:38 PM
Aug 2007
Ah man, Dekomori crying as she says she knows its not real was too sad ;_; hit me right in the feels...
Dec 29, 2012 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
Reality Rikka is soooo much more awesome! =D I REALLY hope they don't just tell her, you can act the way you want, then she becomes tyrant eye Rikka again in the end. That would be pretty lame D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 29, 2012 12:19 PM

May 2010
Geez it's must be hard for Yuuta to show reality to Dekomoroi. Some people still cling on to their 8th grade syndrome and it can be very hard to let it go. In Dekomori's case, it's very hard. OMG those scenes so pivotal!!! Very good episode. Let's see how the finale goes.

Dec 29, 2012 5:22 PM

Jun 2010
My eyes and ears burn from the melodrama.
Dec 30, 2012 10:33 AM

Feb 2010
Did I miss the dango in her room in the earlier eps? Oh well. Awesome episode I feed off Dekmori's tears.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 5:42 AM

Jun 2011
Tyrel said:
Orsonius said:
Really hated this episode.
At not one point I felt anything but distest.

Rikka basically lost her entire personality and is now as interesting as every other normal 16 year old girl (so not interesting in the slightest), and Yuuta didn't do anything to comfort anyone. He basically didn't know what to do and just was powerful and unreliable.

It pains me to see how she forces herself to become a boring normal girl.
I'd rather want her as a chunni because at least she was somewhat interesting, though awkward, but now it's just an empty boring shell.

I really hope the last episode gives some positivity to this horrible drama.
This is not why I watched this show.

This pretty much summed up all my thoughts. Worst episode by far for me in this series and that's saying a lot as I haven't disliked an episode until now.

Last episode going to be pretty standard ending with Rikka most likely going back to the way she used to be.

@Orsonius
So what would you do if you were Yuuta? Let her continues to be in her delusion? Human ain't god, they ain't all powerful, they could be powerless at times like this. You said you "wanted", that basically means that you never really try to understand the characters in the show, you're just being selfish and when things doesn't go your way, you just hated it.

@Tyrel
I wouldn't lie, this is the most boring episode out of all, but it is bound to happen someday, so..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 2, 2013 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty awesome episode!
Jan 3, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2009
Um jeeze depressing much?
Jan 4, 2013 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
This episode made me sad ): I could relate to Decomori's tears 'cause I cried as hard whem my best friend told me that she was tired on playing, though we were 6th graders then.

However, I think it's wrong that Rikka is trying to completely erase her personality. I agree that it's good if she calmes down a bit and and starts taking contact to other people, but she shouldn't forcibly throw away all her interesting stuff and delusions.I hope there's going to be a typical ending where she's back to normal. And I hope they''l find the ethreal universum.

Jan 9, 2013 7:44 AM

Jan 2012
Sanae breaking down at the end was horrible :( but they did it so well ... Agree with pretty much everyone that Rikka is just... Not the same anymore hope it sorts itself out in this last episode
Jan 9, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2011
I was laughing when Dekomori cried because she used her hair attack on Yuuta with no effect at all. I wonder if that makes me an evil person. This episode was meant to be serious, but I couldn't take it serious. I took it all as a comedy and I have to say that it was actually pretty funny this way.
Next episode will be the last, I expect Rikka to have a breakdown of some sort only to have Yuuta "rescue" her.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 10, 2013 3:08 PM
Nov 2010
Possibly the worst episode in the entire show.
Jan 16, 2013 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
Though Togashi seemed a little cruel, I was actually glad that someone finally said those things to Dekomori. Also, I think it's good that Rikka is finally accepting her past instead of hiding away in a fantasy world.

But then again, I thought their eight-grader syndromes were pretty silly, so I'm not adverse to seeing them change, however negative the consequences may seem at first.

The scene between Nibutani and Dekomori was nicely done.
Feb 9, 2013 3:07 PM

Dec 2012
Well the episode was really sad, compared to all the episodes before which were so funny.

Feb 22, 2013 10:33 PM
Nov 2010
I actually cried. TTATT
It was so emotional and dramatic.
Mar 2, 2013 3:25 PM

Aug 2012
Yumeha's so adorable.
Mar 16, 2013 3:04 AM

Dec 2012
That made me cry .

- barely alive -
Apr 10, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
Oh boo the fuck hoo.

Yuuta being cruel? WTF are you people on? He clearly is trying the best he can to steer Rikka in the right direction, and is trying to be as nice as he can about it, while giving her his support and being present with her at almost all times. And seeing how her sister leaving and her mother coming in, I don't know how else Yuuta could have made it "less harsh" or whatever. As if it was his decision. And what do you want him to do exactly? If you honestly think that keeping up the childish delusions is the better option for her, you belong in the mental hospital that she would eventually be admitted to.

Where are all the "oh crybaby emo" comments? Oh right, those are reserved for shounen action main characters, who have legitimate reasons to be depressed, not the kawaii moe ones. They are allowed to be annoying.
Red_KeysApr 10, 2013 2:24 PM
Apr 19, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2011
Red_Keys said:
Oh boo the fuck hoo.

Yuuta being cruel? WTF are you people on? He clearly is trying the best he can to steer Rikka in the right direction, and is trying to be as nice as he can about it, while giving her his support and being present with her at almost all times. And seeing how her sister leaving and her mother coming in, I don't know how else Yuuta could have made it "less harsh" or whatever. As if it was his decision. And what do you want him to do exactly? If you honestly think that keeping up the childish delusions is the better option for her, you belong in the mental hospital that she would eventually be admitted to.

Where are all the "oh crybaby emo" comments? Oh right, those are reserved for shounen action main characters, who have legitimate reasons to be depressed, not the kawaii moe ones. They are allowed to be annoying.

That's exactly what i said a few months ago.
And there's people here still saying that this is the worst episode of the series just because of the depressing ambience it produced.
Freaking pussies why don't they watch a Disney Classic instead?
Apr 23, 2013 5:29 AM
Jul 2018

Oh well. Rikka surely changed. But ... :c
Apr 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2010
I certainly feel like a lot of people missed the point of this episode and the series in general. It is a tale about growing up, and as we all should know, growing up sucks. Having to let go of childish fun in order to fit into society and push forth hurts, and that's what makes the episode so depressing is that everyone should be able to relate to it. I'd say most people have times of nostalgia that is more melancholic than anything; looking back on the days of childhood and carefree joy where you could be anything, it hurts because it's over, and this episode and series really captures that.

The truth is no one can continue acting like a child, and I'm sure plenty of us know the embarrassing people with "8th Grader Syndrome", especially when it comes to weeaboos. They have fun, sure, but it isn't healthy, and it's not like 'normal people' or rather 'people that don't act so ridiculous in puplic' have no fun at all. Yes, Rikka needs to change, and that's what she's dealing with. Mind-candy anime with unrealistic characters are fine and all, but this is not one of those shows, and you shouldn't expect it to be.

Yuuta is doing what he can, but he's just a young teenager like all the others, and isn't blessed with supreme enlightenment - he doesn't know what to do, so he does what he thinks is best. Rikka seems to be dulling, but they haven't exactly realized that it's perfectly okay to act goofy and childish at times (The primes examples of that in this series is Kumin and Touka). Touka is a good example of an able adult who still acts immature from time to time, it's when it starts becoming obsessive and delusional is when it harms the person, and I'm sure these characters will realize this. The majority of them already are fairly 'normal' or rather, know how to handle themselves properly, while being able to enjoy themselves in a childish manner from time to time. We all act silly here and there, adults do too, even if it might not seem like it at times, and that's okay, and we can be happy like that.

Our characters are just learning, they're transitioning and letting go. It hurts, it's honest, and it's so wonderfully done.
Apr 27, 2013 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
Wow this was rather depressing I was almost in tears. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 23, 2013 3:04 AM

Feb 2010
i know im late to the party but i felt the need to post here since i really loved the way this episode end. never before have i felt such emotion as i did during the breakdown of Dekomori, especially at the end when shes telling yuuta how rikka called her up and was waiting for him to stop her from leaving.

i watched this scene 3 times over before watching the final episode.

on another note i loves how this series took such a quick turn in emotion at this episode. while i expected some sort of changing point, the amount of drama hit me like a bus. and it was portrayed so well that i couldn't help but put myself in every characters shoes to understand their thoughts and feelings.

loved this episode best of all, and will go down as one of my favorites of all time.
May 31, 2013 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
What an dramatic episode :(
Rikka looks more depressed after getting over her Chuunibyou syndrome. I hope the last episode will put everything into its place.

LOL didn't notice but this post was made in 12-12-12 >.<
Always-HungryMay 31, 2013 6:16 AM
Jun 17, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
A sad episode. X( Ah poor kid, her master abandoned her, I can almost feel for her.

One last...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 3, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
I was mistaken when I thought Rikka would keep her eyepatch on. What a nice surprise.

Rather intense episode so I'm moving straight on to the finale now
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 5, 2013 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
That was a pretty sad episode :(
Rikka forcing herself so much was sad, but the saddest was actually seeing Dekomori breaking down (both at the club room and at the station).

I can already guess the ending though. Yuuta will probably tell her to be herself again (likely in a Dark Flame Master style), but now she will be able to change her behaviour whenever she wants, and then happy ending.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

324 by Tsukimariko »»
May 20, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.