Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 3, 2021 1:50 AM

Apr 2011
Garf and his sister was lucky that the barrier held them back. Otherwise, they might have die along their mother. Pretty twisted that the father left the gem stones for the mother, for her to fend herself against her growing and possibly unpredictable half human kids.

Good episode, I hope Garf will be a continuing ally for the raid against the assassin at the mansion.
Apr 4, 2021 2:01 PM
May 2017
cchigu said:
Another episode of a hollow uninspired drama writing. I felt nothing.

1/5

*says while having a Fairy Tail profile picture*
Apr 4, 2021 3:38 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
MABfan11 said:
cchigu said:
Another episode of a hollow uninspired drama writing. I felt nothing.

1/5

And your point being? I don't see how me liking fairy tail is related to anything I said.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 4, 2021 4:06 PM
May 2017
cchigu said:
MABfan11 said:

And your point being? I don't see how me liking fairy tail is related to anything I said.

Fairy Tail is absolutely an example of exactly what you criticize Re:Zero for. shallow characters, generic villains and boring friendship speeches
Apr 4, 2021 7:22 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
MABfan11 said:
cchigu said:

Fairy Tail is absolutely an example of exactly what you criticize Re:Zero for. shallow characters, generic villains and boring friendship speeches
And? How do you know that I don't hate that about FT?
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 5, 2021 4:02 AM
May 2017
cchigu said:
MABfan11 said:

because why else would you have it as a profile picture
Apr 5, 2021 5:50 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
MABfan11 said:
cchigu said:

because why else would you have it as a profile picture
No, it seems that you didn't get me. I like FT, I really do even though I have a disdain the friendship themes in the show. What I don't understand though is that how can you even compare the drama in FT with the one in ReZero. My problem with this show lies in the problem that it blatantly tries to bait out emotions with its melodrama and over the top reactions of the characters. Every 30 minutes episode has about 20 minutes of characters crying and shouting chuuni dialogues in loud voices. And it is not like I hate melodrama shows, in fact, my favorite anime is a melodrama. But ReZero does everything wrong what Sangatsu does right.
Apr 26, 2021 7:06 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, finally we're moving forward!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 6, 2021 1:18 AM
Jul 2016
Aww we finally know young gar past.
And I'm honestly surprised at how young he is 😂

An eight grader! Lmao subaru got himself a new (troublesome) lil bro
May 14, 2021 8:18 PM

Nov 2010
Ah finally some development. Honestly though, I don't like the Sanctuary arc. I feel like everything here could've been resolved in just 6 episodes or so. Hopefully, they'll get back to the mansion soon. I'm more interested in the happenings over there.
May 25, 2021 9:01 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode, Emilia tells us she's a daughter of a Witch, Garfiel finally comes to his senses.
And to top it off, Subaru has some power of his own now.
Jul 11, 2021 6:27 AM

Aug 2018
So Garfiel's motivation is that.. Outside world is dangerous.. I'll protect everyone from it.. I guess, this is his motivation?.. Well, it's understandable, I guess..
lol, Garfiel was chuuni all along.. ;P
So that's what Subaru was doing at night, when he didn't hold his promise?.. Bruh..
And we'll get a catfight next episode?.. Sure.. ;P
Jul 13, 2021 12:34 AM
Jul 2021
Subaru, buddy. Idk you has this overpowered.
Jul 22, 2021 4:25 PM
Jul 2021
GIU_RAMBROSIO said:
I loved the episode. I think that this part of the season has already surpassed the other in quality. I've also lost hope of seeing the OP and ED by the end of the season lol.
UwU Seu pequeno inseguro lindo~
Aug 20, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2021
this episode was good. Damn Echidna coming in hot like that!

That clutch by Patrasche aka the best girl.
Aug 23, 2021 11:35 PM
Jul 2021
Bruh you are in wrong season.
This is s2 part 2 ep 3 thread.
Go to s2 ep 3 thread.[/quote]

Well I deleted it but your post is still here
Sep 3, 2021 7:34 PM

Dec 2013
I'm definitely liking Garfiel as a character a lot more after this episode.

Subaru finally has a new power up! I doubt he's ever going to actually become a powerful character but at least he has one more move he can do.
Sep 7, 2021 1:50 PM
Dec 2014
This was a really fun episode! I thought the scribblings on the trial room was a nice touch to the story
Oct 6, 2021 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Very awesome episode. I don't care much about Garfiel, but everything else was great.
Oct 7, 2021 2:02 PM

May 2015
Aldnox said:
I don't care much about Garfiel

no one does

he should be more orange
Nov 26, 2021 4:39 AM

Jul 2017
Didn't care much for this episode and Garfiel's hollow story and confrontation with Subaru but he at least confronted his past and successfully at his re-trial and essentially have massive respect now for Subaru. Another case of dragging out imo. The ending though with Emilia going to retake her trial was pretty good, love the writing on the wall with Subaru there for extra encouragement and boy does she have more motivation and resolve than ever now after her conversation with Subaru from before.

Overall, this was a pretty weak episode for me with a nice finish, nice seeing Echidna back in this cour too. Hopefully Emilia's characterization gets to shine in this cour from now.
animejasNov 26, 2021 5:14 AM
Feb 8, 2022 2:38 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to forgive Garf for splitting Otto in two.
Jul 6, 2022 11:49 AM
Jan 2022
So that Scar on Gar's face was created by him.

Garfiel's backstory was beautiful and we finally know the truth behind his mom. She just wanted to get their father back but she wasn't able, the universe was cruel with her, that's so sad, They manage to make someone I never thought I'd have sympathy for sympathetic...

No OP/ED but that's okay since this episode was jammed packed.
Jul 10, 2022 3:39 PM

Feb 2018
Garfiel is such a teddy bear :P But seriously, seeing him growing and forgiving his false grudge towards his mother was ..!!! Emilia's turn now, here we go again
Jul 19, 2022 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
A lot of talk no jutsu this episode again. So The witch of envy is now actually helping Subaru or was that Sloth's power?
Jul 23, 2022 12:56 PM

Jan 2019
Gator said:
A lot of talk no jutsu this episode again. So The witch of envy is now actually helping Subaru or was that Sloth's power?

If you don't want dialogues in the series why you even watch in the first place, it is not action series.

It's Authority of Sloth which Subaru got Witch Factor after killing Geuse.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jul 23, 2022 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
Okeanix said:
Gator said:

If you don't want dialogues in the series why you even watch in the first place, it is not action series.

It's Authority of Sloth which Subaru got Witch Factor after killing Geuse.

"Talk no jutsu" does not necessarily mean simply lots of dialogue, but instead the protagonist defeating his enemies by talking them into becoming their allies. But I disagree, season 1 had way more action than season 2.

I see, I forgot what witch factor Geuse had, I suppose.
Jul 23, 2022 5:17 PM

Jan 2019
Gator said:
season 1 had way more action than season 2.

Re:Zero is not action series, therefore it is not really important. If you think more action = very good then you are wrong because i gave most of series in your favorites my lowest score possible because bad writing. Instead focusing the most flawless writing re:zero has and how it manages to tie everything so perfectly, you are looking for some random without depth action nobody cares. Which series already has good amount action, not too much not too less.

You are huge battle shounen fan so i can understand why you don't appreciate seinen dark fantasy.

A lot of talk no jutsu this episode again.

but instead the protagonist defeating his enemies by talking them into becoming their allies.

Explain to me where did you saw "talk no jutsu episode again" which episode are you referring?
OkeanixJul 23, 2022 5:23 PM

Jul 24, 2022 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
Okeanix said:
Gator said:
season 1 had way more action than season 2.

Re:Zero is not action series, therefore it is not really important. If you think more action = very good then you are wrong because i gave most of series in your favorites my lowest score possible because bad writing. Instead focusing the most flawless writing re:zero has and how it manages to tie everything so perfectly, you are looking for some random without depth action nobody cares. Which series already has good amount action, not too much not too less.

You are huge battle shounen fan so i can understand why you don't appreciate seinen dark fantasy.

A lot of talk no jutsu this episode again.

but instead the protagonist defeating his enemies by talking them into becoming their allies.

Explain to me where did you saw "talk no jutsu episode again" which episode are you referring?

I see, so if I like the comedy in One Piece then it's not really important because it's a battle shounen show? I can like whatever I want in whatever show, no matter what genre it is.
Ah, you dislike my favorite shows, therefore your opinion is above mine. Now it makes sense how you are talking down to me like that.
And because I'm such a huge battle shounen fan, I gave Naruto a 5/10, while I gave Bakemonogatari a 9/10, makes sense. Seems like I really hate dialogue.

This episode? Where Subaru basically defeated Garfiel by talking to him and brought him to his side? While his smell usually was enough to make an enemy out of him?
Jul 24, 2022 1:59 AM

Jan 2019
Gator said:
This episode? Where Subaru basically defeated Garfiel by talking to him and brought him to his side?

You talked like you saw full talk of no jutsu all 40 episodes before to it?

Talk no jutsu in this case works because Garfiel is immature child who has trauma which even anime adressed his age immediately.

Gator said:
While his smell usually was enough to make an enemy out of him?

Garfiel can't smell Subaru's scent. Ryuzu Shima did and told Garfiel.

Aug 10, 2022 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was truly amazing
Oct 16, 2022 5:42 PM

Aug 2021
another great episode. good development and character arc for garfiel here. really satisfied with what they did with his character. emilia and subaru banter before she enters the trial for what i assume is the final time was nice to see, i look forward to seeing them talk about the "thing". also, seeing that subaru left emilia's side overnight to make all that was a cute and wholesome moment.
Nov 8, 2022 7:20 PM

Apr 2021
I like Garf's character now. After seeing this episode I kinda understand him better. He's an eight grader and him calling Subaru "boss" was kinda funny!!! And welp Emilia meets Echidna, let's see how that goes.
Nov 9, 2022 5:39 PM
Nov 2022
He's to many died to make this simple conlusion 😶
Nov 9, 2022 9:03 PM
May 2020
emilia-tan is very cute and the way garfield ate his lasanga with ram-chan was just like the manga
Nov 27, 2022 5:25 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Wooooahh, Emilia is Satella a witch daughter? So this is why she resembles so much her, now is clear. As it wasn't revealed enough, she is the eight witch, the Frozen Icy Witch, Amazing! Well, being her related to a witch was hinted somewhere previously in the series, I considered it possible, even if I don't remember exactly when. The confidence she carried while revealing it really gets her more waifu points.
Thrasher96Nov 28, 2022 4:01 AM
Nov 28, 2022 1:26 AM

Jul 2014
Thrasher96 said:
Wooooahh, Emilia is Satella daughter?
Emilia is a Which's daughter but that Witch is not Satella.

There are some theories based on the later part of this cour.

Thrasher96 said:
As it wasn't revealed enough, she is the eight witch, the Frozen Witch!
If I remember correctly, Emilia calls herself Witch of Glaciation. It will be explained later why.
Nov 28, 2022 3:56 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
mozgow said:
Emilia is a Which's daughter but that Witch is not Satella.

There are some theories based on the later part of this cour.
Aahh, this was only my assumption then. I was basing on some informations got through the series, but indeed she didn't specificied which witch. Thinking about it later, I was unsure about that, especially because Satella killed the other witches (if I remember correclty it was said so in s2 p1), so there was something off about it.

mozgow said:
If I remember correctly, Emilia calls herself Witch of Glaciation. It will be explained later why.
In my language subtitles the term used can be translated as "icy" or "frosty". Yep, maybe frozen is not accurate, but I didn't have a more specific definition such as "Witch of Glaciation". It make more sense now. Thanks for the clarification, I will edit my comment.
Dec 11, 2022 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god….did I hear that right??? That ending….I’m speechless.

Edit:
Okay, now that I’ve calmed down…not what I thought it was…but still crazy.
unmemorableheroDec 11, 2022 4:09 PM
Feb 14, 2023 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
the only reason i am fine with Garfiel motivations is that he is a naive 14 year old kid
Mar 13, 2023 9:32 PM
Feb 2021
Its kinda weird that Rem and Ram are the same age now that I think about it, Ram feels much older. It's still weird that she has this much romantic tension with a 14 year old tho
Mar 26, 2023 12:53 AM
Jan 2021
The best construction of an episode I've ever seen in my life.
May 1, 2023 9:14 AM

Nov 2017
The power of talk-no-jutsu arrives in isekai, and it is strong indeed. They kind of reversed a lot of characterization in this episode and definitely walked a high-wire over a sea of flames here. But at least Emilia leaves us with something tasty.

Overall, poorest ep of the series and a lot of communitarian crapola from Japan. "The power of numbers!" You sound like a high school cheer squad. Turn this around, REZ!
Jul 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
And now they're all friends again with Garfield as if he didn't massacre a bunch of people a few loops ago. But fuck it as long as it moves us forward in the story, they've been in this sanctuary for so long now time to move on and deal with the shit at the mansion. I hope Emilia passes this trial asap
Aug 26, 2023 6:18 AM
Jan 2023
Another fantastic episode, good to see Garfiel's past, a lot of what he's doing makes a lot of sense. Interesting that he managed to pass the first trial too after that awesome fight.

Seems Subaru is now able to use unseen hands or whatever he called it, now that could be pretty useful.

Emilia ends up going in for another trial, meets Echidna again and she calls Emilia, the witch's daughter. That was unexpected, but no more detail was given. Now my question is, which witch's daughter is Emilia?
Nov 14, 2023 5:42 PM

Oct 2022
No way Emilia copied Subaru's pose lmaooo. Echidna seems a little jealous of the affection Subaru shows toward Emilia, hurled so many insults in one sentence...

Garf being 14 is so wild, dude has some real issues if he'd resort to killing people just to prevent Subaru from liberating the Sancturary.
Nov 27, 2023 4:37 PM

Dec 2022
Was surprised to see Subaru use actual combat magic there. It completely immobilised him after, but it's still quite a shock.

Didn't care much for Garfield's backstory, but there did have to be some reason behind his perpetual state of anger, so it served its purpose.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

19 by QcDiablo »»
Today, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.