Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Oct 11, 2016 3:17 PM

May 2015
those boobs were definitely out of place aside from that the feel is quite good
Oct 11, 2016 5:30 PM

Feb 2012
TitanAnteus said:
Illyricus said:
Well, I had a good laugh with this. It was so over the top ridiculous (and characters like the campy master, the elephant-boobs girl, the MC and the likes didn't helped at all) I tried my best to not laugh, but when the MC finds the dead body of the professor and that unfitting OST starts to play + Kaji's character screaming with him losing his shit, I lost it.

Guys, we could be before the best comedy of this season. After Mayoiga this Spring and Taboo Tattoo this Summer, would Occultic;Nine win the prestigious title of best comedy of this Fall? We will see it in the next episode.

The animation really surprised me, I thought I was seeing an anime from Shaft rather than A1 Pictures. I liked that detail.
The episode was very fast paced, but I believe that woman who visited the loli who curses people was the one who wished the death of the professor, since his corpse lacked his hair and the curse loli found (what I believe) is his hair in her mailbox.

I totally enjoyed this, hope next episode will deliver this good.

Are you mad or you want to have ear cancer? Kaji is at his worst when he voices dramatic scenes who involves his character crying and/or suffering. I had enough of his whiny acts with Guilty Crown's MC screaming like a bitch.

I guess I'm just one of those people.

I liked Mayoiga and this show.

Sure it was fast paced but that didn't really affect me. I feel like it's the elephant girl that really triggered everyone into hating the show, otherwise it really does set up a pretty interesting world.

I'm curious to know if the demon exists or is just a figment of the girls imagination. Is this a murder mystery or is actual occult things happening.

Actually the elephant girl's gun really intrigues me. Is it fake and it's just a game they play where he pretends to be shocked? That means their relationship could be some kind of reliance where they perpetuate each others fantasies.

Either way, they tried to adapt one volume in 1 episode when Rokka no Yuusha did 11 episodes for 1 volume. They had to go fast, but they still kept it stylish and kept the world interesting.

sisgood said:
C? Try triple J. Unnecessary fan service is unnecessary. I did not understand half of that. Dangit usually I like paranormal anime.
Is anyone else reminded of deformed body mods from Bethesda games?

Why does everyone focus on the boobs so much? Like holy shit, those do exist IRL you know. Just let it be. Anime has girls that are literally flat as a board when that in and of itself is just as rare as the opposite and no one bats an eye.

Yes. I used to have them. I got a breast reduction. Until then, I did everything I could to keep them from bouncing. Guys my like them but what she did in her intro scene HURTS LIKE A MOTHER. The more you bounce, the more it feels like you will rip them off.
That scene actually bothered me more than the size lol.
Oct 11, 2016 5:52 PM
Feb 2016
Dub where? I think I would really like this if it wasn't for the hyperactive speed. The visuals are great, the story is interesting, but if you're spending all your time reading it's hard to appreciate that.

I find MC annoying, Cowtits was kinda cute though. I really like the secretary girl.
Oct 11, 2016 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
Tiddies tatas.

I'll give this show 3 episodes, probably because I like supernatural stuff.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Oct 11, 2016 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Lol. I looked at the ratings and this is what I saw. Pretty darn hilarious if you ask me.
Oct 11, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2015
This is an anime that is hard to get into. I'll stick with it and hopefully get used to the loud over-the-top characters. It looks like there may be an interesting plot beneath the surface - we'll see.
Oct 11, 2016 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
Interesting start. Everything starts up ambiguous as always like with every other Sci-Fi ADV series. Synopsis made it clear that we would dealing with a odd bunch of kids (no kidding). MC is like a homage to Okarin minus his chuu2 tendencies and like his right-hand girl to Mayuri, air-headed and naive (inb4 plot victim). All the occult mumbo jumbo running on and we see a person's bloody scalp gets mailed over to 1-800-HexManiac, Spooky. The MC in the end finds the professor dead in the dark room with half his head bloody-shaved off? Even spookier. Anyone noticed the professor's death message? (try reading it upside-down).
DonmaidesuOct 11, 2016 8:16 PM
Oct 11, 2016 8:33 PM
Jul 2012
I have mixed feelings about this show rn and the pros and cons have already been voiced

I actually really like the animation style, but yeah boobs
Surprisingly, ive already gotten used to them by the episode but the question is more 'why' than 'gross'. I cant decide whether it would have been better if they focused less on her boobs or not.

I enjoyed how much info they threw in thew episode but i also think it was too fast for my taste.
Characters aren't bad, but really only the curse loli and glasses girl have me interested.

The show definitely tried to be an array of genres but not touching on any of them long enough to make any impact.
Oct 11, 2016 8:42 PM
Mar 2016
I was pretty damn confused...
Oct 11, 2016 8:52 PM

Feb 2013
That was a lot to process.....but I liked it.
Oct 11, 2016 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
hahaha those tits. Almost Hitomi Tanaka huge. Only reason to watch this mess.

Ridiculous show. Can't believe it managed to be worse than both Trickster and Bloodivores. Absolute nonsense.
Oct 12, 2016 12:21 AM

Oct 2013
I just watch it, and I probably should have waited till the next day because my eyes are tired and I couldn't keep up with the subtitles and those ultra C cup boobs. But at the end I felt like I kinda enjoyed the fast pace. See how it goes, will continue to watch still.
Oct 12, 2016 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
My god. That felt like it was way too much, but it also felt like not much actually happened. Everything is said and done very quickly in this, and it's kind of hard to keep up with much, but I don't feel like there was really anything important actually done until the end and the girl with the curses. It's like the first girl's oppai, way too sudden, and way too much in such a short amount of time. SERIOUSLY SHES FREAKING HUGE AND IT'S UNNATURAL THEY AIN'T THAT BIG AND MY GOD IS SHE ANNOYING. Music is nice though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 12, 2016 11:07 AM
Sep 2010
first time that i wasn't even able to finish watching an episode of anime, it was just so ridiculously fast that it gave me a crazy painful headache.. wtf

i will endeavor to finish this ep, but not today...
Oct 12, 2016 12:58 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the setting and story revolves around a blog eh
that relies on others to share stories to it

interesting topic for an anime

Hmm Ryouka is an interesting character to put it lightly
but man look at the size of her assets lol

And Sarai's dad is that professor that believes in the occult while he doesn't
thats going to be awkward

Interesting cast of characters so far

Hmm that ending though

Overall I thought that the episode was pretty stylish and i loved the opening song, the setting and the story so far. Interesting cast of characters though but it felt a bit underwhelming to say the least. Considering the cast has a number of veteran seiyuu's within its cast like Mamiko Noto, Ayane Sakura and Miyuki Sawashiro i hope that it doesn't squander their talents.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2016 1:23 PM
Jun 2016
Honestly this was a hot mess. I love Monogatari but this was way overboard fast. Even if it was dubbed in English I have a feeling it would be hard to understand. I have never read the light novel so I only caught on to a couple characters/plots/subplots. Mostly I had no clue what was going on. Hopefully they take it down a notch in the next couple episodes or I will probably drop it.
Oct 12, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
This episode felt like if 999 was an anime with whatever art style you get if Persona and Kiznaiver had a one night stand, all put together by some guy on waaay to much caffeine. I pray for anyone who watches this subbed without any substantial speed-reading skills.
Oct 12, 2016 3:58 PM

May 2016
Reeeeaaalllyyy hate the super over-sized breasts... but I like the fast talking and the art style, plus the story is pretty interesting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

「 i know i've got a big ego -

i really don't know why it's such a big deal, though 」

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oct 12, 2016 4:36 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly, that was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Absolutely terrible. I didn't go into this show expecting to hate it, the plot seemed interesting, and A-1 pictures can sometimes produce quality work. But that was horrid. The pacing was abysmal seeing as they crammed an entire light novel volume into one episode. EVERY character talks far too quickly. This wouldn't be a problem if anything they said was vaguely interesting. But it's not. This show was desperately trying to be quirky at nearly every turn and failed spectacularly at it. If you haven't seen the monogatari series, watch that and avoid this like the plague.
Oct 12, 2016 5:06 PM

Dec 2007
uzee said:
I'd like to officialy rename this show to Oppai;Weird

this comment made my day xD

did not really enjoy the art style (what's with those noses?) and they talk too fast even with the subtitles i could not keep up. had to pause a couple of times to read it.

can't wait for the next episode, the theme seems interesting enough. I'll always watch anything from this creator, he had me Chaos;head and i was never disapointed. i hope the dialog pace slows down though it gets annoying.
Oct 12, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2014
just what you people are talking about? it was a great episode! yeah it was confusing but if you give it one more chance and watch the first episode one more time, you sure gonna like it! Of Course that Boobs were Huge but does that matter when you have such a great story, art and so many interesting characters?!
i mean you did the same thing to mob psycho 100 as well, just with the first episode you judged it and criticized its animation art and story, just because you wanted another one punch man but that didn't happened and you gave it those under 5 ratings!
just give it a chance guys!
Being-AminOct 12, 2016 8:18 PM
Oct 12, 2016 6:20 PM

May 2013
this seems kinda interesting with the gore factor going for it, but they talk so super fast it's really annoying. and wtf is that alien ray gun that chick has? so random and stupid, not funny.
Oct 12, 2016 6:22 PM

May 2013
everybody is commenting on boob lady, but her boobs didn't annoy me, just her stupid ray gun that made no sense.
Oct 12, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
Seahorse_Kid said:
everybody is commenting on boob lady, but her boobs didn't annoy me, just her stupid ray gun that made no sense.

I think she's a chuuni girl.

She met the protagonist at the park and was going full chuuni and pointed the gun at him pretending to shoot and he faked getting electricuted. That's probably why they're friends right now.

This is all my guess though. I could be wrong and it could be an actual ray gun.
Oct 12, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2016
I thought the show was pretty good. Nice interesting characters. Has a nice dark side to it. Can't wait for the next episode!! And even has murder and mystery. And Nice comedy.
Sry guys, I'm the main character of this anime.
Oct 12, 2016 8:17 PM
Feb 2016
That's some... interesting art style there, gonna take some getting used to. Also not a fan of how quickly some of the characters talk, but oh well, for that cliffhanger alone I think I'll enjoy this show. Hopefully A-1 Pictures doesn't screw it up.
Oct 13, 2016 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
I liked this, actually. Chaotic but very enjoyable to me, at least. This ought to be a great mystery :V
Oct 13, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2009
Animation was so good. I can't believe it's A-1 which lately made rushed productions like Qualidea or they simply didn't give a shit at all - Denpa kyoushit and Ace Attorney

gladisr said:
Forget everything, fixed to stay here, Ryotasu's melon success to convince me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Ultra C, right.

I love dem fruits! it keeps me healthy

Actually, Ultra C is from late 60s https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_C
bastek66Oct 13, 2016 6:43 AM
Oct 13, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2016
What is going on ???
This is too fast !
Oct 13, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2010
well i wasn't expecting this annoyance at all, too fast too much of a mess
the op is nice tho
not sure if i'm gonna keep watching it
Oct 13, 2016 8:52 AM

Feb 2010
Seahorse_Kid said:
this seems kinda interesting with the gore factor going for it, but they talk so super fast it's really annoying. and wtf is that alien ray gun that chick has? so random and stupid, not funny.

idk which one was more annoying; the fast talk or the boobs gun lol
Oct 13, 2016 1:49 PM

May 2009
wow. just... wa... eh?
This is definitely the fasted pace I have ever seen in an episode. Even the talking is fast af.
and.... just... why..? why the boobs? I mean.. I don't mind just a bit of fanservice for those who only care about that, but this is just WAY over the top.

I really like the supernatural theme tho. it could be something wicked.. but not sure if it's in a good way, lol.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 13, 2016 3:42 PM

Aug 2015
Well that was a mess. Anyone know where I can find a summary of the first LN volume?
Oct 13, 2016 6:31 PM

Oct 2016
Well it was one of the most interesting intro for this season(?)
Oct 13, 2016 6:50 PM

Aug 2013
This series needs to chill abit...
Oct 13, 2016 9:05 PM

Oct 2014
Drake1000 said:
Worst first episode of the s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ year. It seems like all ";" anime(s) not named Steins;Gate are bound to suck.
I'm reading that apparently this episode adapted the entire 1st Volume of the LN which is 400 pages and there's like only 2 volumes out.

I'm curious, have you watched Robotics;Notes?
Oct 13, 2016 9:09 PM

Oct 2014
This episode demanded my attention and I had to be on the ball reading the subtitles. This show oozes some kind of atmosphere, partially the creepy supernatural setting, and partly a serious otaku vibe from Yuuta. I can see why people would dislike it (I for one thought Ryotas was adorable).

However, I thought it was a great first episode and I'm definitely sticking around.
And even more great OP/EDs!
plutodiplomatOct 13, 2016 9:36 PM
Oct 13, 2016 11:35 PM
May 2015
plutodiplomat said:
Drake1000 said:
Worst first episode of the s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ year. It seems like all ";" anime(s) not named Steins;Gate are bound to suck.
I'm reading that apparently this episode adapted the entire 1st Volume of the LN which is 400 pages and there's like only 2 volumes out.

oh, man, I loved Robotic;Notes.
Oct 14, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
plutodiplomat said:
Drake1000 said:

Robotics;Notes is a godawful piece of boring.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 14, 2016 2:09 PM
Sep 2016
Ir felt a little bit like durararara!!!! maybe the second episode will bring in more details. I just loved the animation
Oct 14, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
I stand by the fact that I enjoyed this episode, but there were definitely some issues. For starters, it felt like they blazed through way too much content right at the start.

The first few minutes were pitch perfect and did a great job of introducing us to Yuta and Ryouka, and I really liked how they transitioned to the introduction to Hashigami himself.

If they had kind of slowed down a little, rearranged some events, and ended the episode with the introduction of Sarai and Shun, I think this would have been a great opening episode.

However, I find the world that they're introducing and the fact that this feels like a mix of Durarara!, Monogatari and the science adventure stories to be too interesting to pass up, so I'm on board for this one.

Hopefully it picks up and rectifies itself after this spastic first episode.
Oct 14, 2016 2:39 PM

Jun 2011
ashtherobot said:
Not going to lie. This was rather confusing. I barely know what was happening in this episode. But I really like the style and am intrigued enough to continue.
I feel super underwhelmed by this though. Was expecting this to be Anime of the Season, but it's starting to look like that title will go to either Drifters or Flip Flappers now

This was how I felt about it, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about progressing. I'll give it a few more episodes.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Oct 14, 2016 3:55 PM

Aug 2011
Loved both the OP/ED and a certain well-endowed character. As for the episode itself, I had no idea what was going on for most of it.
Oct 14, 2016 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
It seems like a game of "how many wacky characters can we introduce in one episode?". Almost like the awful Danganronpa adaptation (made me cringe less in the visual novel).

Niveen_Sleem said:
I hate girls with over-sized breasts. They tend to be useless and nothing but distraction and ruiners for the story. If it hadn't for this ridiculous girl with huge watermelons as breast I would have liked the episode more

Now, now, no need to be jealous of a fictional character.
Oct 15, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2008
I actually enjoyed this episode despite the fact that I dislike fast paced presentations and this episode being painfully so. What I enjoyed most is the "aha" moment after seeing the scalped professor and how his death tied the characters together, making sense of the flashing events.
Oct 15, 2016 3:37 AM
Oct 2016
Nice start, I love the dark side of this anime!
I'll gladly put 14/20 for this episode!
Oct 15, 2016 7:55 AM

Aug 2010
"From the producers who watched Gatchaman Crowds and Durarara!!..."
Oct 15, 2016 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
Faederwulf said:
It seems like a game of "how many wacky characters can we introduce in one episode?". Almost like the awful Danganronpa adaptation (made me cringe less in the visual novel).

Niveen_Sleem said:
I hate girls with over-sized breasts. They tend to be useless and nothing but distraction and ruiners for the story. If it hadn't for this ridiculous girl with huge watermelons as breast I would have liked the episode more

Now, now, no need to be jealous of a fictional character.

what's wrong with you people this is the second quote saying the same thing. Why would I be jealous of this unreasonable sac of fat!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 15, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2016
mrjames1026 said:
tsubasalover said:
The girl is even more annoying with her dance. Main guy is not doing well with the website recently? Okan is adorable. A TV show of believing soul vs. not believing soul. That idol girl on the show is annoying. Very fast paced character introduction. It seems like he likes the uranai girl.

That scene when he met that girl for the first time... Uranai girl got a result that she should be with the main guy. Wow, sudden incident.

I like both OP & ED.
Where you guys watch it? I can't find it anywhere...

I watch from kissanime.to
Oct 15, 2016 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
I had to backtrack & pause a few times. Hearing that this episode adapted an entire light novel isn't even surprising. GOTTA GO FAST && those boobs are disturbingly distasteful so much so that it actually became funny for me. Still looking forward to this wonky shizz just for lulz & style alone.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

217 by Archean-Return »»
May 21, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

171 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.