Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jun 26, 2010 10:44 AM

Feb 2010
The "are you..." moments with Hinata always make me laugh XD
and TK...Dont..stop..dancing!
Jun 27, 2010 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
So...you disappear if you obey Angel/accomplish what you wanted to do but couldn't in the previous life? Then what happens? You re-incarnate into something? Or go back to god or something?

Anyways, glad Hinata didn't disappear. Yui was annoying but she adds a nice touch to Hinata. Also, Hinata deserved a much better episode. OP was ok. I prefer the old one. Still not making sense..
Jul 3, 2010 4:59 PM

Mar 2010
He didn't disappear. What a bunch of balls.
Jul 4, 2010 3:14 AM

Jun 2010
Hm... Seems like this series is not the best thing i ever experienced in my whole entire life
Jul 20, 2010 8:52 AM

Dec 2008
Ummm...what was this episode supposed to be about?
Jul 24, 2010 9:44 AM

Aug 2008
I'm glad Hinata didn't catch that ball. Guess Yui was of some use afterall.
Jul 26, 2010 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa I think I'm seeing a connection between disappearing and what they did before disappearing. So basically you'll disappear if you feel that you're contented or finally accomplished something you didn't accomplish in the past?

Anyways, it was an hilarious episode especially the part where Yurippe was laughing like a villain, lol. I don't get why they participated in the baseball match though. To finally beat an angel, I guess?

I can't believe Hinata did drugs and I thought he was going to disappear too. Good thing Yui saved him. Speaking of Yui, I really liked her. Reminds me of that girl from To-Love-Ru.
Jul 27, 2010 6:24 PM

Apr 2010
One of the best episodes. Maybe my favorite.

The new opening song is win, and so is Yui. One of my favorite characters, actually. The ending was unexpected- I thought Otonashi would be like a second late and fail his attempt at keeping Hinata from disappearing. Yui's interference was so random...she just cracks me up XD
Aug 6, 2010 11:23 PM

Apr 2010
I'm happy like a bunch because Hinata didn't catch the ball!!
Actually Hinata and Otonashi moments are really awesome I love them!
Aug 7, 2010 11:05 AM

May 2010
I lol'ed at these lines..

"Are you-"
"No!!"

and

"Say that again."
"Yui-nyan <3!"
xD

Also, this ep made a clearer explanation to that singer's disapperance.. Accomplishing what should be in the past will vanish you...
Aug 20, 2010 2:24 PM

May 2010
Hilarious ep. Interesting connection to disappearing, as well.
Sep 3, 2010 12:47 PM

Jan 2010
Amazing how he doesn't feel bad about beating up a girl. x-x
Lol "Ever since that day I kept this broom balanced on my finger!"
"She's and idiot, right?" "An idiot, but useful!" xD
Almost died when she cam out with the broom.
NAOI SHOWED UP.
FUCK YEA
I lol'd when the blonde said "Yurippe, you sound like a villan,"
xD
I hate baseball but LOVED this ep *-*
ArigatofulSep 24, 2010 6:38 PM
Nov 6, 2010 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
I laughed when Otonashi and Noda played baseball by themselves. It was so
funny when Otanashi also imitated Hinata: “He’s a real friend, so embarassing,
haha.” LOL Angel Beats rock! Great episode overall.
Nov 7, 2010 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
good ep.
I wonder when we get to see Angels backstory?

Nov 24, 2010 1:50 PM
Jul 2010
The comedy was nice but I guess they tried a bit too hard. Yui is annoying but I found myself liking some of her sharp comments. Like when she said that people don't get any less idiotic after they die or something along those lines. Shiina with the broom was also fun to watch because she was really serious about it. Hinata is a nice charcater I guess. At least I like him.

This opening was just as good as the original imo. Yui's not bad but I'd rather have Iwasawa singing. Why did she have to disappear right when I started liking her?!

The show is, just like I thought, trying to mix too many genres. I find that to be its weakness since I'm really enjoying the way the story is turning out.

Oh, and Yuri's laugh was full of win, just as the blond girl's comment about it. "You sound like a villain." xD
Dec 12, 2010 5:17 PM

Jun 2009
Pointless episode.

What’s the meaning of playing a baseball game? Really, I can’t understand how is this meant to be taken seriously. The humor seemed forced most the episode, and who in their right sense stops the whole game to tell their unfortunate life story? It was a bad place to try to woe the viewer with melodrama.

I won’t comment on how is Yui’s singing-voice is so mature.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 27, 2010 5:35 PM

Jan 2010
I like the original OP more ..
Jan 30, 2011 5:26 AM

Sep 2008
ShibuyaRiver said:

-Less Yui please! All the jokes involving her were cringe worthy at best, and her voice actress made me want to grate my ears.

-Infact, the 'humor' in this episode could have been cut out entirely. I think it made it easly the weakest of the bunch because of it.

I completely second both of these points...

I didn't hate the episode, but I didn't like it at all. I kind of just thought we could have done without it. It introduced Yui, yes, but... an entire episode for that? And you can hardly consider it an episode for Hinata, since he only got what seems like a minute or two (at best) of real focus. (I'm naive and ignorant, though - what was he given at the end by his upperclassman? Steroids?)

Perhaps I would have enjoyed Hinata's super short "flashback" if the drama wasn't juxtaposed directly with awkward and forced comedy... DX
Jan 30, 2011 6:36 AM

Aug 2010
the episode was okay...i think Hinata deserves a better episode...
but i'm glad he didn't dissapear...he's my fav male caharcter...
Yui is really annoying i hate her...
Feb 8, 2011 9:51 PM

Dec 2010
God damn I'm loving every character right now. Yui Nyan!so moe! and Hinita and his idiot team. :D
May 15, 2011 5:34 AM

Feb 2011
Give back the Lia's song please.. I dont really like the Rocks version of Yui-nyan. :) V but yui-nyan sings pretty good.

For me this ep is the worst and this isnt important to the story plot. :C [i have watched all eps]
May 30, 2011 7:12 PM

May 2011
this episode wasn't that good i just liked it cuuuuuuuuzz hinata-kun! lol
-ILoVelocAlSk8eRbOIs-
Jun 15, 2011 1:14 AM

May 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Yui is annoying...maybe I wouldn't mind her if her voice wasn't so grating... v_v

Pretty good episode, but not great.
Jun 23, 2011 4:50 PM
Aug 2010
Very disappointing episode after three good episodes. This is exactly the kind of episode that ruined Suzumiya Haruhi for me (except Haruhi had 6-7 of them, I hope Angel Beats doesn't do the same). Nothing happens, wasn't interesting, wasn't funny. No real character development, no plot advancement. In short, a pointless episode.

Hopefully this is an exception and the series doesn't continue like this.
Jun 25, 2011 1:59 AM

Aug 2010
McRib said:
4/5 for me.

It was entertaining..probably the most entertaining they had but it was bad entertainment. I don't want to lol the whole time I'm watching it..I want to fucking cry and have drama. I'm not complaining because Yui is fucking adorable and she causes my nutbladder to ache but regardless...I want more drama and tragedy..but then again this is Key and their pacing is shit anyways. Just look at fucking Clannad..they go from happy fun Christmas party to a dead wife in 5 minutes.

Well yes regarding this many ppl come to watch this expecting another Clannad (including me, but mostly because of being a Key work and i've love most of their works) considering this is Key famous for their tear jerkers but well this ain't exactly it I'm fond of the drama but this comedy i like so yeah I'm enjoying it.
BTW the BG music in this is really good i'm looking forward to getting the OST.
Jul 11, 2011 9:10 AM

Feb 2011
Yui to Hinat = Perfect Combi
Sep 23, 2011 4:55 PM

Nov 2009
Hahaha “Are you sure you’re not gay?” X’D “We’re like bosom buddys!” I love how that girl hung herself X3 and omg “I’ve been balancing this broom on my finger!” Ahahahahaha WHAT?! Lol geeze I was not expecting that… omg I thought he was really gonna disappear! I was about 2 cry hah aim so happy though he didn’t =D
Oct 16, 2011 4:09 PM

Dec 2009
Eh, this episode was dull.
Such junk...
Oct 25, 2011 4:11 AM

Feb 2009
There was this feeling of a huge step down from last episode while watching this one. Thi episodes didn't advance anything, felt like pointless filler. I must say though, that is was very funny, which seems to be the strongest point of Angel beats. Some scenes just make you laugh out loud! One of my favorite random characters is starting to be TK, he's always there in the background with his funky movis and sudden one-liners!

Overall I liked it, but I hope there are not too many of these in a 13 episode anime.
Nov 11, 2011 6:22 PM

Apr 2011
Yui is kinda annoying,but she gets what's coming to her for once! You never see a male character beat up on a girl in anime, but Hinata was slapping her in those 'reverse swasticas' like crazy. I was LOLing quite a bit at it, though I suppose it makes me a bit hypocritical. It's just so common to see women beating senselessly on men for no other reason than 'the lulz', it's interesting to see the opposite played for comedy. I don't understand then why people who hate Yui don't love this episode ... yeah, she's all over it, but she's getting her ass beat on most of the episode! She even hung herself! XD

I am noticing resemblances to Haruhi, and I haven't even watched the show :P Yuri's character design reminds me of Haruhi herself, in fact.

I liked the episode, but yeah, I hope they do advance the plot somewhat in this series instead of dawdling about for a dozen eps and then resolving it. Considering the general attitidue a lot of people have about this show I'm guessing the latter is likely but I hope for the former.
Dec 3, 2011 8:58 PM
Nov 2011
What I don't get, because it was a good Ep. Not as great as the last one, is if the other teams were supposedly 'better', how did it come down to them? This made no sense to me. And the way it ended? I did NOT see that coming. Wow. Yes I Lolled, but man the ending kind of... meh.

I just dunno. It developed a couple of the characters, but I guess it wasn't quite as good the way they did it. I'm hoping the pacing doesn't fall into this kind of repetition, it could become an issue if it did.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 3, 2011 9:44 PM

Jul 2010
so i guess anyone named "hinata" will always be awesome huh? lol
so much hating on this episode and yui. i liked it, it was enjoyable. but isnt "moving on" or watever they do a good thing?? i mean they seem satisfied with it....but i guess we gotta thank our idiot member yui for keeping hinata here.

Blind_Guardian said:
Yui is kinda annoying,but she gets what's coming to her for once! You never see a male character beat up on a girl in anime, but Hinata was slapping her in those 'reverse swasticas' like crazy. I was LOLing quite a bit at it, though I suppose it makes me a bit hypocritical. It's just so common to see women beating senselessly on men for no other reason than 'the lulz', it's interesting to see the opposite played for comedy. I don't understand then why people who hate Yui don't love this episode ... yeah, she's all over it, but she's getting her ass beat on most of the episode! She even hung herself! XD

i know!! for once its the other way around, the whole "beating up the main male guy by a girl" joke has been done to death and more (pun possibly intended) so finally seeing the reverse is awesome, lol

also the music sounded a lot like clannad before the pitch
supermegasonicDec 3, 2011 9:51 PM

Dec 29, 2011 9:15 PM

Oct 2011
Though this was most likely a "filler" episode, it was still entertaining.
Apr 7, 2012 7:59 PM

Jan 2012
this episode wasn't all that bad..... had some amusing moments, Yui wasn't bad, if anything she was rather comical and kinda cute, her voice may get a tad annoying though but only time will tell... only thing I didn't like was that there was no real development in this episode, it seemed kinda pointless :/ like everybody else has said.. just a filler! Which is all good but there's only 13 episodes so.... is there time for episodes like this?

As for the OP, it wasn't as good as the original, i love piano so nothing would beat that! But it wasn't at all bad, and made a nice little change :)
Apr 26, 2012 9:14 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm I'm sensing a pattern here...we'll get the a character background for each characters in the battlefront per episode? Glad that Hinata didn't disappear yet.

This reminds me of the wacky baseball game episodes in Samurai Champloo and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 29, 2012 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
So, a baseball tournament eh? Well the game was pretty amusing I suppose. I'm kind of glad he didn't disappear.

Jun 16, 2012 8:49 AM

May 2012
I love Key, so much! The voice actor for hinata is also Tomoya Okizaki. Anyway, I actually thought it was a really great episode, the humor balanced out the dramatic parts. I like Yui, she's funny. :D Reminds me of Fuko so much.
Jul 19, 2012 3:30 AM

Feb 2012
The NPC's didn't have a problem with Mr. purple hair carrying an axe around?

Oh and why change the OP so soon? Unless this was just a one off.
Aug 4, 2012 9:50 PM
Jul 2012
The new opening theme sucks. Why they have to change it.
Yui is anoying. But i kinda chuckle to her.
4/5
Aug 29, 2012 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
Loved this episode, it was well made even if it was kinda pointless. Yeah there were lots of tropes and clichés, but the last scene where you were meant to believe hinato would disappear... and the little girl takes revenge on him ahahah.

This kind of clichés/parody was much more bearable than all of Gurren Lagann for example.

4/5

Sep 5, 2012 12:58 PM

Jan 2012
I think the humor was funny,just from these 4 episodes alone I think this is better than Haruhi
Oct 3, 2012 8:36 PM

May 2012
I don't see what everyone's problems with this episode are.
Oct 19, 2012 11:19 AM

Nov 2009
Really thought the pop fly was going to be what killed him in the end. Rather funny episode however not a lot in terms of plot which is most likely why people don't like this episode as much but that't just the way things are.
Nov 24, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2011
I'm in love with this series. <3 And that was like a circus xD
Dec 6, 2012 9:52 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Really thought the pop fly was going to be what killed him in the end. Rather funny episode however not a lot in terms of plot which is most likely why people don't like this episode as much but that't just the way things are.
LMAOOO same here man, i thought was the pop fly that killed him, whacked him on head, but it was some guy that gave him Poison pills and KILLED him cause he lost ONEEEE game even if championship IDC..., how fckked up evil can ya get?
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 30, 2012 10:59 PM

Sep 2012
Lmao the ending -.-
Jan 8, 2013 2:49 AM

Dec 2012
My thoughts at the end were "yes... He's gunna catch that fly ball to realize and fulfill his fate! He can finally rest in peace -_- ... (Onotashi thinks about stopping him) Come on Onotashi '-'. Please let him catch that ball. It's for his best interest... (Yui crashes into Hinata) what o.O? Noooo XO! Bad Yui! Bad >:(!" XD
Mar 21, 2013 11:01 AM

Oct 2012
I like how they changed OP and how they constantly changing ED.
Also, I like how they trolled viewers into thinking that blue-hair guy would die and then saved him (it was unexpecting)

But overall last episode was better and more touching than this one. I still don't get whole concept of this world but closer I get to characters the more I like this show.
Mar 21, 2013 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
Kracksickles said:
garfield15 said:

Kracksickles said:
It was okay i guess. Kind of confusing though. Before they said they're not allowed to participate in school activities because they would disappear and the characters said that too, but all the responded was Don't get caught by angel then? What?

I think they weren't registered to play right? So they are still playing "illegally." At the same time, Angel can't really do anything about it because it's still school activities. So the last conclusion is that Angel beats them herself.

(Okay, I don't even know how much of that even made sense....)

So if they did not officially sign up for the baseball tournament, they're not legally participating in school activities? wah?
EDIT: So therefore they won't disappear?

Well, I don't think they got it right - it doesn't matter if they attend the classes. the reason for disappering would be something else. To fullfill one's dream and desire, to conciliate with life? Maybe.

Heck, we don't even know if they are really dead - I think they are not, they just lost every hope in their lives. and here they are trying to find the reason why to return back.

Also, Tenshi seems to be a normal girl, only with another goal.
Mar 26, 2013 10:16 AM

Sep 2012
LOL @ Noda and Otonashi's own game XD
Ohh, I like Hinata with Yui now..
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1755 by lozicon »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.