Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on series rated 5 and below on the above users list

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2011 6:24 PM

Apr 2008
Hourou Musuko: The only anime we share that you rate a 5, I personally really liked it. I can see how some people might not like the pace and the slow, kind of calm style, but I don't think it deserves anything as low as a 5. The art, story, and issues it deals with totally make it at least a 7 to me, and since I loved everything about it I gave it a 10.
Jun 22, 2011 8:14 PM

Jul 2009
Tsubasa Chronicle: Only seen the 1st episode and read a little bit of the manga. Can judge it super well... but it seems alright.

Vampire Knight: The show is pretty boys and that's about it. Its pretty all around but with not a lot of substance.

Inuyasha: I understand that the series is slow and fillery... but i liked the characters and felt that it had a lot of heart behind it.
Jun 22, 2011 9:04 PM

Dec 2010
u havnt watched enough anime yet uve only completed 27 anime and thats why u are quick to judge many anime that dont nearly deserve the low rating that u gave them u arent able to appreciate many of the animes that u gave a low rating lol like code geass its a classic that everyone loves steins gate is amazing after seeing u gave those two a five i stopped looking
Jun 22, 2011 10:23 PM

Mar 2009
@soulfash 77

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei-I liked this one personally, though I thought one season was enough for me.
Cromartie High School-gyah? A 1? Cro High is tied with Sexy Commando for my favorite comedy anime ever! It's just a dry humor that many dislike. Cro High and Sexy Commando are both solid 9s for me, I love them to death!

You should watch Mars of Destruction.
Jun 22, 2011 11:22 PM

Dec 2010
FallnKnightFakir said:
@soulfash 77

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei-I liked this one personally, though I thought one season was enough for me.
Cromartie High School-gyah? A 1? Cro High is tied with Sexy Commando for my favorite comedy anime ever! It's just a dry humor that many dislike. Cro High and Sexy Commando are both solid 9s for me, I love them to death!

You should watch Mars of Destruction.

oh hahaha the ratings i put for som anime were actually in correct i rushed it when i was inputting some anime back when i first joined lol cromartie high was actually really funny LOL the reason i dropped it was because megavideo time limit was pissing me off LOL
Jun 24, 2011 2:20 PM

Jun 2008
@ soulflash77

Lucky Star: Oh yes, one of the worst so-called anime ever made.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: A very good and underrated anime, imo. One of the greatest comedy/parody shows around. Too bad plenty of people don't appreciate it.
DNAngel: Manga is not worthy of a 1, but still extremely mediocre indeed. Anime seems even worse.
XXXHolic: Manga was not interesting enough for me to keep reading, I suppose the anime is not very different.

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Jun 24, 2011 3:36 PM

Jun 2011
You don't like the first FMA either? ^ I hated it because it was nothing like the manga and the ending was just stupid
Jun 24, 2011 3:41 PM

Nov 2009
@smokahontas96
Fullmetal Alchemist : 4? It doesn't deserve that low score. Well, to be honest, i haven't seen the whole series, but the few episodes i did see, they were pretty good.
Gunslinger Girl: Haven't seen it, can't comment.
Jun 24, 2011 4:10 PM

Feb 2011
Hembe's Anime List

5- Tonagura, Kampfer, Rosario to vampire 2, K-ON,
4- Amaenaide yo, Kanokon
2- Amaenaide yo Katsu

Dropped, no score
Bleach
Lucky star

I have seen half of the shows you rated low or dropped. However, I completely agree with your ratings. 70% of the shows you hated are ecchi, which means they aren’t very good. Lucky star and k-ON are famous for huge amounts of “moeness”, so I am sure they are also bad. Bleach is a typical shounen, with insane amount of fillers and constantly degrading plot.
Jun 24, 2011 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
@ zealot7 (reserved)

Seitokai Yakuindomo :: not a sex joke person, eh?

Clannad After Story :: you should have watched the first season and maybe you wouldn't think the characters are so shallow. The very end was a little absurd....but I definitely think it was better than a 1.

Shiki :: I thought this was a very good series. Sure the pacing was slow, but it fit the show. I liked Shiki going back to classic vampires when the "new" vampires are pretty stupid.

Cencoroll :: For a movie made entirely by one person, animation, story, etc., I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't really meant tp have a complete story

We actually have a pretty similar taste in anime. There are some notable exceptions (Code Geass, Clannad After Story, Shiki), but for the most part, we enjoyed the same series.
Meh_93Jun 24, 2011 5:20 PM
Jun 24, 2011 5:44 PM

Apr 2008
Air: I think it can warrant a 5. I gave it an 8 cause it made me cry, but if I re-watched it, it would prob. be a 6 or 7. The art's not fantastic imo and the story is pretty meh.

Naruto: def. warrants a 5. I gave it a 6 though because it did keep me pretty amused most of the time. Other than that, it drags on, the art is okay, the quality fluctuates, too many fillers, etc.

I think those are the only 2 we share that you rated 5 or below.
Jun 24, 2011 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
Vampire Knight: Completely understanable. I think I liked it a little more than you did... but there's not much substance in the show.

Tsubasa 2nd season: Only seen the 1st episode of the 1st season and read some of the manga... Can't really say too much.

Inuyasha: I know that the series is slow... and has loads of filler.. I enjoyed it though...

Naruto Shippuden: I don't really have a opinion. I think I used to like Naruto a lot more than i do now...
Jun 25, 2011 12:20 AM

Jul 2008
@rosebrook: You have a very small selection of fives and lower.

But I heard Kuroshitsuji II was a troll anime for the first episode. I didn't watch the series, so I don't know.

And Full Moon at a four? That's understandable, since you've only seen the first twelve episodes where like nothing happens. Lulz. Second half is so much better.
Jun 25, 2011 12:33 AM

Mar 2011
C.
I watched only first episode, but i heard that series were created by the same person who create Dhurarara and Baccano! That can't be so bad, i think.
Chaos;Head - VN was much btter then the adaptation. But adaptation wasn't bad either.
Fate/stay night - I couldn't even complete it. Dropped. Too boring. There is no Plot in this anime. :3
Ookami Kakushi - not the best show, but it doesn't deserve such low rating. There was good stuff too.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - It's probably the best comedy ever. :3 Style is great. Jokes are funny. Themes are interesting.
FinjasJun 25, 2011 12:36 AM

Jun 25, 2011 1:27 AM

Mar 2007
Eww out of 106 titles you've completed, only 5 are rated 5 or below. CONGRATZ! Your scores are on par with the avg MAL user :)
BTW, I don't count dropped anime as part of the criteria since you aren't man enough to push through to the end ^_^

But enough badgering the witness (im just playing around) and lets see about these 5 titles...
Ookami Kakushi - Havent seen it yet but its on my PTW. I'm on the fence of this considering im a Ookami ps2 fan (i KNOW it has nothing to do with the game) But i digress...

School Days - THATS A NICE BOAT! If you've seen the ep12 discussion board here on MAL then you've seen my handiwork. I enjoyed the series personally. But i can understand how some people will like it and some people will hate it.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - a 4? I know its not GREAT but it deserves a few extra points in my opinon. I don't mean to knock your list or anything but you put Summer Wars (a pokemon adventure) on as a 9/10 and Pale Coccon as a 9/10? I agree Pale Cocoon was a pretty, artistic, showpiece but its a 15 minute show about one dude who doesn't talk. I know we can get into semantics of it but I feel like its worth watching once but not a second time. And don't get me started on the kara no koyukai series or watever its called.

Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead - a 2... i try not to score ova's and such but you cant really hate on a fanservice ova. I typically put ova's between 5-0's but as far as fanservice ova's go, i'd give this at least a 4

Natsuiro no Sunadokei - looks cliche' but something i'd give a watch to.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jun 25, 2011 2:07 AM
May 2011
@Ranivus,
Well, I gotta say, your list is pretty balanced. It seems like all of the series that generally receive good reviews got good ratings, and the ones that are generally poorly received got poor ratings. Also, lots of hentai down there, but I haven't seen enough of it to judge it much. Really, I can name maybe three anime under the '5' rating, so this is basically just a commentary on things rated '5' and your dropped list. ;p

Maybe it's just the sheer quantity of anime you've got on here, but it seems... unfair, really, that some of these are in the same ranking. Di Gi Charat, Pokemon 4Ever, Dragonball, Vandread, Bubblegum Crisis, FLCL, CLAMP in Wonderland, Haibane Renmei, Pokemon 2000, Pokemon the Third Movie, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, IGPX, Ouran High School Host Club - all the same rating? Really? I'm not a huge fan of any of those, but I'd give most of them different rankings at least for technical stats, if not entertainment ones.

Individual comments,

@Amatsuki, I quite liked this one.
@Naruto, On the other hand, I regret not dropping this one until Shippuden.
@InuYasha, I finished it and was satisfied with the end, but I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping it.
@Weiß Kreuz, lol, I loved that one as a kid, and I have no idea why.
abbadonhimeJun 25, 2011 2:20 AM
Jun 25, 2011 3:12 AM

Apr 2010
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

Guess this productor's movies aren't for your liking. So maybe you should stop watching them (Though I really like them.

Princess Mononoke - It was nice.. Except the end. But I don't think your score (4) is correct. But I can't force you to love it.

Jun 25, 2011 6:53 AM
May 2011
EfiChan said:
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

Guess this productor's movies aren't for your liking. So maybe you should stop watching them (Though I really like them.

Princess Mononoke - It was nice.. Except the end. But I don't think your score (4) is correct. But I can't force you to love it.

... I gave all of those films scores over 5, who's list are you looking at?
Jun 25, 2011 6:57 AM
May 2011
ophiucha said:
EfiChan said:
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

... I gave all of those films scores over 5, who's list are you looking at?

Boku no Sexual Harassment
.hack//Roots
youv seen soem bad shows

excell saga AAAAW HELL NO, thats like one of the funniest anime out there
Jun 25, 2011 9:26 AM
Mar 2007
School Days - Yes, indeed, a piece of crap.
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - Yes, it is as bad as you thought it is.
Jun 25, 2011 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
@gff:

woah, you must very critical with your scores because there's a TON of shows you've rated below 5. with that, i can't comment on everything you rated that low because it'll take to long to do so. i will admit, you do have good taste in anime, but i think with some scores, i feel you were way too harsh (seriously, macross plus a 2? kannazuki no miko a 3? even onii-sama e...? i haven't seen it, but dang.)
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Jun 25, 2011 2:54 PM
Mar 2007
Lordcrab86:
Genshiken - I didn't really like it, but I thought it was nice. I can't put my finger on why you were so critical towards it.
Isshoni Training - Honestly, this is a piece of crap from hell (only that the devil is a hot young girl). Shouldn't get as much as Genshiken in any galaxy.
Azumanga Daioh, The Very Short Movie - Yeah, I also thought it was rather stupid and we could definitely live without it. And I'm a big fan of the Azumanga Daioh franchise.
Konomini - A piece of crap from hell. You're right about it.
Mugi-chan - Yes, it is lame. I think you are rather generous here, too.
Kara no Kyoukai 3 - Yeah, you understand too. This one film was so boring I almost fell asleep. A few of the others KnK are alright though.
Air in Summer - That's about right.
DearS - And that's about right, too. I'm not a fan of ecchi, and DearS was one of the worst.
Eternal Family - You might be relatively too critical towards this one, I thought it had some nice moments and all-in-all it was cool.
Demon Fighter Kocho - As waste of anybody's time as it can get.
Ikkitousen - Another crappy ecchi, You're right on the spot again.
Legend of Lame-near - You're right once again. It's the sort of stuff you wonder why they made in the first place, and you know they wouldn't have if not thanks to something else they want to market.
X/1999 - A disgrace to the original TV, and the original TV wasn't that great too.
Mars of Destruction - The worst piece of crap I have ever seen, in any media and any form. I can understand why you hate it so much.
Isshoni Sleeping- Yeah.
Girls Bravo - As crappy as any ecchi can get. Just too stupid to be real.

All in all, I think your tastes are good, and I can't find anything I really disagree on with you (judging solely by your lower scores).

I like that.
Jun 25, 2011 11:48 PM

May 2009
@gff

Literally half your list is made of 5s and under. I'll just comment on the ones I've seen:

Digimon Tamers - I can understand that. If it wasn't for the nostalgia factor, I probably wouldn't find anything special about it either.

Kanon (2006) - My thoughts exactly. (In fact, our scores match) Cheesy drama with nonsensical supernatural stuff tossed in.

Kara no Kyoukai 1 - A 5? You're too generous.

Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome - I admit they weren't good, but they were at least somewhat entertaining. I didn't hate them.

Mahoromatic 2 - Again, agreed. Unnecessary melodrama and wtf ending.

Full Metal Panic! and FMA: Conqueror of Shambala - Heh, I really liked these. I can see where they would fall short for some viewers, though.

Alien Nine and Elfen Lied - Meh indeed.

D.N.Angel - Agreed 100%. No wonder our anime compatibility is so high, haha.

Gundam Seed - I take that back. This was one of my favorite anime. :/ I know there are lots of flaws to it, though. As for Destiny, I wouldn't disagree with your 2. It was a horrible sequel.

Eureka Seven - Again, I really enjoyed this, but lots of flaws can be found. I noticed you rated Evangelion very high, so I'm guessing the fact that Eureka Seven directly lifted lots from it got to you.

Maburaho and Green Green - Similar opinion, but I didn't hate them as much as you did.

Mars of Destruction - No words needed.

For the most part, we share very similar opinions.
Jun 26, 2011 12:32 AM

Apr 2008
D.N.Angel: I guess it deserves about a 5 or a 6 imo. I should probably lower the score I have for it.

Naruto Movies 2&3: I don't actually remember how they went, but maybe they deserve a 5 or below. I just gave all the Naruto stuff a generic 6. Except Naruto Shippuden, I gave that a 4, so I completely agree with your score.

Ouran: Def. disagree with the 5 you gave it, since I gave it a 10. This is probably too high, but I think it's an 8 at the lowest. The quality is very good, the characters and story are amusing and interesting. I don't know why anyone would dislike it so strongly.
Jun 26, 2011 1:09 AM

Dec 2010
Alot of the anime u put down u wer too quick to judge but most of them were justly given a 5 lol
Jun 26, 2011 1:23 AM

Oct 2010
id say you had super huge expectations for lucky star (our only shared anime to which u gave less than 5) and you probably thought its mahou shoujo show or there are robots and shit or its super perverted ecchi comedy and when you saw it you were greatly disappointed

its a good anime and doesnt deserve such a low score, it has so many haters because they hate it that its popular and they build up great expectations
lots of music -
Jun 26, 2011 1:24 AM

Apr 2008
soulflash77 said:
Alot of the anime u put down u wer too quick to judge but most of them were justly given a 5 lol
What? Your comment makes no sense >:(
Jun 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Dec 2010
@astronomical

lol I didn't know the FF7 OVA. It's just way too short, don't know can't say much about it too since I didn't play anymore of the FF7 later games.

-inuyasha- agreed for a 5. Not bad, but it's just so average.
-naruto shippuden-lol, I've seen some fight scenes when they switch animation studios or something. The animation is hilariously bad especially that Pain dude. Anyway I've already dropped Naruto when I noticed how it really drags itself with the plot and anime tropes filled characters.
Jun 27, 2011 1:00 PM

Mar 2009
@taro_sado

Didn't comment on all of them. Just the ones that really surprised me. Do I think you are wrong? No. It is just clear that, for the most part, our tastes are very different.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - Agreed
Ninja Scroll: The Series - It was pretty good
RahXephon - I loved it
Fractale - I liked it
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou - I liked it
Voices of a Distant Star - I thought it very good
Gungrave - I liked it
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Agreed
Samurai Deeper Kyo - It was pretty good
Grave of the Fireflies - I class it as important and a masterpiece
Ao no Exorcist Airing - Girly?
Escaflowne - I found it very good
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - A favorite of mine
The Sky Crawlers - Loved it
Gintama - Agreed
Scryed - I liked it
IS: Infinite Stratos - Agreed
Whisper of the Heart - I liked it
Flag - !!!!!!!Pure Genius
Wolf's Rain - I found it very good
5 Centimeters per Second - I found it Very Good
Baki the Grappler - I liked it
Gunslinger Girl - I found it very good
Hikaru no Go - I liked it.
Clannad - I didn't rate it quite as harshly but I certainly don't hold it in the same esteem so many others do, that's for sure.
Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto - Agreed
Prince of Tennis - 63
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Comedy?
Himitsu: Top Secret - !!!!It's Brilliant
Freezing - Agreed
Mushishi - !!!!My definition of genius.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jun 27, 2011 1:12 PM

May 2009
@lisnoire

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - This was one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. I loved it. Y U NO HAVE SENSE OF HUMOR?! (I joke)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Cool show, but there were parts that I didn't enjoy and kinda got to me. I'm guessing they just got to you more(?).

Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo & Kyou - I didn't think they compared to the series at all, but I certainly didn't think they were bad.
Jun 27, 2011 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
@ Avalongus

Higurashi: It's my favorite anime, but I can see why someone would dislike it. We seem to have opposite tastes, after all.
School Days: 5 is too much for this garbage.
Beyblade: First series is awful, second series is way better.
DNAngel: I've only read the manga, and yes, it's pretty damn mediocre. The anime seems even worse.
Mirai Nikki: It makes me laugh to see such low ratings for a simple trailer of the manga.
Mars Of Destruction: 2 is too low for such an hilarious piece of crap.
I'S: I've read some of the manga, and hated it fiercely.
Yu-Gi-Oh: One of the best shounen series around, imo.
Chobits: I've read the manga, which was quite degrading and mediocre.
Inuyasha Kanketsu Hen: What's the point of completing the anime and the movies but dropping the final season, I wonder?
Naruto Shippuden: First series is even worse. Nevertheless, obvious drop.

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Aug 5, 2011 12:35 AM

Jan 2011
@ RenaPsychoKiller

Wow you've watched a lot of shows!!
(Btw, I hope I don't offend you in any way with my comments)

Aug 5, 2011 12:55 AM

Oct 2007
@SerenityB3128

I'll only comment on the ones I've seen, but there should be enough to use.

Geass Picture Dramas: Yeah, picture dramas generally aren't particularly great.

Pokémon Jiraichi Wishmaker: More or less agree that the Pokémon movies aren't all that, my higher score is mostly nostalgia.

Naruto: FILLERS. Props on watching it all despite not liking it though.

Haruhi 2009: Yeah, no surprise there. I know lots of people had a problem with Endless Eight, though I found it quite interesting myself.

Naruto movies 1 and 3: While I don't agree that they were equally bad (3 was plain horrible), I'm not gonna say either of the Naruto movies are any great accomplishment.

Tsukuyomi: While I generally think it's overrated, I don't think it's a 5. The story wasn't bad, and I generally liked the animation.

FMP:TSR OVA: I thought it was decently entertaining, but it's definitely not like the rest of the series.

Kiss x Sis: Yeah, I can see why people wouldn't like it, especially if one has a problem with gratuitous incest fanservice. I have to wonder what you expected if that was your problem with it though.

Mars of Destruction: Yep.
Aug 5, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2011
@SerenityB3128

D.N.Angel - I think it's a bit higher than a 5, but I was disappointed in this series. It seemed very promising in the beginning - good music, mostly interesting characters, nice animation - and yet it somehow didn't work for me. This is partly because I really couldn't get behind the romance between the main character and the tomboyish girl. The girl wasn't very likable to me. Unfortunately, her twin sister wasn't really either. Okay premise, but poor execution, I think.

Fushigi Yuugi - I watched some of this with a friend many years ago, and I never really understood the appeal. It was ridiculously melodramatic.

InuYasha - I've only seen a few episodes of this, and not really intentionally. My brother watched it when it aired on Cartoon Network. It doesn't really stand out in my memory. I don't remember thinking it was horrible, but nor was I impressed. I'd probably rate it 5 based on what I remember, but I wouldn't rate it because I haven't seen enough of it to make a fair or accurate judgment.

Naruto - I want to disagree with you on this, because there are so many things I love about this series. I did rate it higher, based on that, but I can see why you rated it a 5. The anime series was a mess. It was pretty good, to a point, and then for some reason they decided to deviate from the plot with fillers that would have made it pretty much impossible to get back to the actual storyline. I stopped after a few filler episodes; those were pointless.

Petshop of Horrors - Disagree on this one. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites, necessarily, but I did enjoy it. I loved the creepiness of each story, and I enjoyed the interaction between the two main characters.

Yami no Matsuei - I really enjoyed this series, so I have to disagree. It was a bit dramatic at times, but I liked the story and loved most of the characters. It's been years since I've watched it, and I haven't thought much about it in a long time, but I remember it fondly.
Aug 5, 2011 1:49 AM

Aug 2010
Sailor Moon R - I know the franchise but always rated higher than this, OK this one might be bad but I'd probably still like it.

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru - I thought this was pretty nicely done, not to much loldrama for the topic which was surprising.
Aug 5, 2011 2:16 AM

Jun 2009
@KeiranShikari

Kanokon:
Even a five is too high for that piece of shit. Nothing but senseless fanservice.

Yosuga no Sora:
Again, a 5 is quite a generous rating imo. That was one of the worst shows I've seen in a while.

School Days:
Yeah well I can see why you would rate it so low. I thought it was awesome. But I also watched it quite a while ago, when I still thought almost everything was awesome ^^ I give it credit for not going your typical harem ways. Sure all the characters were despicable and annoying but this is one show I'll never ever forget. And this isn't something so easily done, seeing how there are quite a few shows on my list I can't remember anything about.

DearS:
Yup sounds about right. Worthless show.

Ninomiya-kun:
Agreed. Got the same rating from me.

Kämpfer:
Pretty stupid but I had fun watching it. Although the second half of the show wasn't quite as funny. So a 4 is a bit low.

Dokuro-chan:
Again, agreed. Same rating as mine.

OreImo:
People really seem to hate Kirino but I didn't mind her that much. The part about her own anime was ridiculous but other than that a decent show.

Mars of Destruction:
No comment needed.

So I agree with most of your ratings. Our overall compatibility is also quite high with 76%

grandy_UiDAug 5, 2011 2:29 AM
Aug 5, 2011 5:22 AM
Mar 2011
Ichigo 100%
Seams about right
Rizelmine
Four seams to High
K-ON!
i agree for a Muisc anime the Muisc was Poor at best
Kannazuki no Miko
Hmm
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)
People moan about filler then people maon about stuff thats Cannon
Naruto: Shippuuden
i agree
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 5, 2011 7:52 AM

Jan 2008
@Hongo-Takeshi

Berserk - It's pretty damn good when it's good, but the ending. Oh god the ending. It's like they ran out of money mid way through and then left everything on a huge cliffhanger which was originally planned to be fixed. Luckily there's the new films coming out soon which should deal with that.

Clannad - Personally I liked it, but I can see why people wouldn't. It is pretty much the archetype for a romance harem show after all, which as a genre is pretty stupid. Still, the main character not being a douchebag for once deserves a mention.

FFVII - Advent Children - It's a supplement to the game which doesn't even supplement much. It looks pretty as hell and has a wonderful soundtrack, but other than that it's just fapping material for FFVII fanboys.

K-ON! - Understandable. Used to have this thing as a 3 myself until I warmed up to it a little. Still massively overhyped though.

Kanon (2006) - Same reasons as Clannad.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Special - Doesn't really add anything at all or have much purpose. As a separate story it doesn't even need to exist.

There are a few other shows we share under 5, but I haven't finished them or, in most cases, got past the first episode yet, so I won't comment on them.
Aug 5, 2011 8:33 AM

Mar 2011
@ season reaper

(among those we share)

yosuga no sora : It's a special case of anime so i perfectly understand the 5. Could be even lower.

Baka to Test : I found it pretty funny. However it's true that what's funny for one isn't for another so 5 seems ok if you didn't like the jokes in it etc.

Soul Eater : 5 is a bit harsh especially if we take into consideration you gave a kinda lame show like shakugan no shana 2 a 7.

Elfen Lied : Deserves even lower imo. The only redeeming feature is the opening song which is the only reason i gave it a 6 :)

Hayate no Gotoku! : Certainly not a 5. I guess it's all about personal taste when it comes to comedies. If you didn't find it amusing that's it.

Fate/stay night : 4 is a bit harsh although i can understand it. What they did with King Arthur's myth is ridiculous. However if you replace the name Arthur with some random other, it becomes less annoying and very entertaining =)

Final fantasy vii : 4 is just fine for this crap

Highschool of the dead : Again 4 is ok. I only gave it 6 cause i have a thing for zombie stories involving the end of the world and some sexy girls ^^

MM! : a pile of crap. certainly deserves its 3

Final Fantasy the spirits within : The most underrated anime movie imo. Certainly not a 2. Has a very interesting plot, nice characters, lots of action and maybe the best animation ever. I strongly disagree with this 2.

Lucky star : I'll disagree with this too. Certainly not a 2 i would understand a 6 or a 5 but 2 is just too harsh.

Kore wa Zombie Desuka : 1 for this? Not sure what was it that you hated in it, but this is just not right. I gave it an 8 which might be somewhat high but it certainly doesn't deserve a 1.
Aug 5, 2011 8:34 AM

Jul 2009
@Seasonreaper

07-Ghost: I don't think its that bad. A little slow at times, but I enjoy it enough.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan: I understand this completly. Just what the hell is that show.

ChäoS;HEAd: Haven't seen it... but I've heard not so good things about it.

Code geass R2: I do prefer R1 to R2, but I don't think R2 was that bad. A little gumbled with all of the events. But part of that is my fault for watching it so quickly.

Elfen Lied: Thought it was ok. All of the nudity was a little random though.

Fate-Stay Night: I enjoyed it, but I understand its faults. Also some of the coloring was really weird.

High School of the Dead: Its just Zombies and boobs. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Lucky Star: Mixed opinions on this one. I did enjoy it. But at the same time... why waste 10 mintues on food... Seriously. But I personally do like Konata.

Soul Eater: I personally love this series... But I do think Courage Punch was epic fail.

Umineko: Only like 5 episodes in. But I have a soft spot for locked island mysteries.
Aug 5, 2011 9:45 AM

Mar 2011
@ rosebrook

Kuroshitsuji II - Haven't seen it but I've read about it, it looks like something that wouldn't appeal to me. It has 'shit' in the name after all. Trololo

Mahou Sensei Negima! - I agree with you here, too many characters. I gave it a low score too, I believe.

Don't know anything about the ones you've dropped. Sorry. I've heard a lot of people don't like DearS though.
Aug 7, 2011 12:13 AM

Aug 2009
@TowardsTheStars

Aww shame you didn't like Evangelion. The score on School Rumble San Gakki was a bit harsh IMO, but I could probably guess that you hated the way they ended it, because there was clearly a lot of stuff from the manga they could've brought out. Sadly that didn't happen. At least, that's how I looked at it, I'm not sure if you viewed it the same way or not.

But, I do agree with a handful of the other 5s (and lower) that you gave to some shows: Vampire Knight, Yosuga no Sora (absolutely disgusting), Freezing (same), and we gave similar ratings on Kanokon (blech), Yu Gi Oh, and various Pokemon stuff.
Aug 12, 2011 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
@dietmango

Amagami SS - Agreed, everything after the first arc were bad. I somehow gave it a 6? *Runs to change score*

Bleach - I'm following along the manga, and it's just okay. If you don't like regular shounen, you won't like Bleach.

Blood+ - I gave up on this too early. (Around ep 10) Have to resume it someday.

Code Geass - Just like Bleach, if you don't like shounen fighting you won't like Code Geass. And this show is still extrodinary stupid! (But I still loveit!)

Digimon - Ah, my favorite show growing up! But I guess it would be extremly bad today!

Freezing - This was terrible! Dropped it after 1 episode.

K-ON! Ura-ON - It looked like they hired a 4 year old to do the animation! And the script was awful too!

Naruto: Shippuuden - All those fillers! They're too many of them!
"I don't believe in a lot of things but I do believe in duct tape!"

Aug 12, 2011 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
@Lambo-kun:

Fullmetal Alchemist movie: Yep. That was just weird. Normally I'm all for silly stories, but not in FMA. The original ending sucked enough already, no need to bring in Hitler's flying warships.

Devil May Cry: A 5 may still be too much and I haven't even played the game. The only good part is the cool opening song.

Seitokai Yakuindomo: The 4-koma-ish format and endless stream of sex jokes was a novelty for me, but I can definitely see how people might hate it.

Fate/Stay Night: I need to try out the VN some day, but until then I really can't understand this show's popularity. Or Rin's, for that matter.

Zan SZS: No. It wasn't as good as the previous seasons, but it didn't drop that low either.

Ookami-san to Shichasldfh: The fairy-tale theme was kinda charming, the narration was excellent and it had a few interesting ideas here and there. Nothing spectacular, but much better than I expected when I read it's a romance featuring a tsundere and a wimp.

Umineko: I feel sorry for the VN's fans. The whole idea seems really promising, but the execution was piss poor.

So yeah, pretty agreeable.
Aug 12, 2011 5:01 PM

Dec 2010
@NyuSan (cba with the extras :P ):

(I'll comment on those I feel qualified to do so)

Fate/Stay Night: I think 5 is a -bit- harsh considering the other inferior products of a similar genre. (*sees Shana and Kaze no Stigma below* seems you don't like the genre)

Angel Beats!: I agree with you here, what started with high hopes was let down due to bad pacing and easily-resolved tension at the end.

Gosick: I think you've focused too much on the mystery side of things in making your judgment, but it's understand considering the dreadful pacing for the first 3/4.

IS: Average is average. Surprised it didn't get lower.

HotD: Yep, agree with you here. But, the anime fanbase will always eat these up.

Tenjou Tenge: *sees genres listed* understood.

Tbh, looking at your higher-rated anime, I swear you must be slightly masochistic to try so many similar sounding anime.
Aug 12, 2011 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
@Jack_Rav

Elfen Lied-I really liked this one, I think it had a good balance of violence and naked. That said, it does seem to be a love it or hate it series.

Golden Boy-Aww, man! I loved this one! Sure, it was kinda guilty laughter a lot of the time, but oh man, it was just a lot of fun for me! I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea though.

Bakemonogatari-Ugh, I think I got like 5 eps in. I loved the OPs, but man, would something just happen? If it wanted to be a slice of life, fine, nothing has to happen in those, but I couldn't stand it either.

Dragon Half-Meh, it's pretty average, but for a 2 ep OVA, I think it does the job of entertaining well enough.

Jigoku Shojo-You were right to drop this one. I saw like 20 eps and just wanted to shoot myself in the head every ep at how incredibly repetitive the series was.
Aug 12, 2011 8:38 PM

May 2011
@ FallnKnightFakir

Code Geass - If you rated it a 5 b/c you meant you couldn't remember what it was about 3 days later when you rated it, then that's understandable, at least. But if you remembered the show when you rated it, then I can't see how it was a 5. I loved that show, even if it was mecha. Oh, well.

I don't have a comment on much else, but...

All Studio Ghibli Movies - This I can't accept. All their movies are classics; they have great stories, art, music, characters, everything. Even if I'm biased as hell, I find it impossible to rate them 5 or under, especially ones like Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle. >:l
Aug 12, 2011 8:46 PM

Mar 2009
@Forest-kun
What can I say? I really don't like Miyazaki movies, they do absolutely nothing for me (though they are pretty, I think the music is only so-so though, neither bad nor good). I think they used to wow me when I was younger until I watched better anime movies (like Satoshi Kon stuff) and just couldn't go back. I don't much care for his characters either, Spirited Away and Howl's pretty much have the exact same main at different ages, but they both cry and do chores for most of the movie, I just don't like them. Also, I am not a fan of Miyazaki's pro-nature, anti-humanity thing that's in a lot of his movies. I do think I gave Castle in the Sky higher than a 5 though, that was the only one I thought was decent. Ghibli just really irks me the wrong way.

Onto your list, though I'm only familiar with a few of them:
GITS:SAC-yeah, I watched 4 or 5 eps, I couldn't stand this one either, which is a shame because all signs point to the fact that I really should.

Saikano-going on my manga knowledge here, but yeah, I thought this was a massively overrated series. It's like, why does every character always have to resort to sex to sort out their feelings of confusion? Wtf? Least, that's what happened in the manga.
Aug 12, 2011 9:32 PM

Dec 2008
Hmmmm, let's see.

There She Is!!

This is on MAL??? Holy crap, awesome, added! How can you possibly not like this ?_? I've never watched anything else in my life so intense and dramatic that has no dialogue whatsoever.

Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaea

Great looking movie I thought, a lot like the Utena movie. I gave it almost the same score, trying to cut that story down to 90 minutes just doesn't work. I'd call it a good "popcorn anime" to watch with friends though?

Kurau Phantom Memory

Yeah... Kurau... I had hopes too. All the hipster anime critics got my hopes up way too high, and it never panned out the way I was hoping. Interesting concept, but I knew when they "fled the city" for the second time that something was wrong. Huge waste of creative potential there.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

For serious??? Terrible ending? You'd rather someone get hit by a train? Even if you didn't like the ending... wow... I thought the movie was fantastic in every aspect.

Maze

Haha, absolutely a guilty pleasure of mine, but I see what you mean. I must have a higher tolerance than you for heroic music and surprise powerups. I also take guilty pleasure in Zenki which is made of the same kind of camp and recycled animation. xD

Serial Experiments Lain

Overrated garbage? Bleh, you just need to be in the right kind of mindset to appreciate it. I think Lain is a good anime, just unconventional, it's not really about the narrative as much as an invitation for nerdy introspection. If you go in expecting to get the story of a character and her life, and conflict, and rising action, and climax, and resolution, you'll definitely be disappointed. To me, it's more of a fevered reflection on pre-Ghost In The Shell technology-absorbed society.

Whisper of the Heart

Yeah... dull.

Princess Mononoke

Preachy? Yep, I get a little bit of that smug hippie vibe from Miyazaki the same way you're describing to Forest-kun. Still, it's a pretty epic story I think.

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Awh... I don't even know what to say to that one... Gundam Wing was my first Gundam and still the best one to me... Probably nostalgia filter talking, but still, I like it...

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Um, ouch? NGE is pretty much foundational anime stuff... Out of all the stuff on the list, this one I'd probably encourage you to give a second shot. A bit like Lain, those last few episodes aren't literal and standard science fiction, but if you let it spin around in your melon for a while and discuss with other fans, I think it opens up all kinds of conversations that go right to the heart of what anime fans have in common. Really recommend a patient second viewing!
Aug 12, 2011 9:57 PM

Jun 2011
@case649

Kiki's Delivery Service (Rated: 5) - I disagree. It wasn't one of his better works, but I still thought it was charming.

Bleach (Rated: 5) - Well... more or less, yeah. It was interesting at times, and I think it had potential, but I was ultimately disappointed.

Fruits Basket (Rated: 5) - This surprised me, because I think it's an exceptional series. For me, it has the right balance of comedy and drama, and I loved many of the characters.

Gravitation (Rated: 3) - It was kind of bad, so I wouldn't argue this one.

Magic Knight Rayearth (Rated: 4) - Not my favorite CLAMP series, but it was one of my first, so it has sentimental value for me. Even aside from that, though, I think it's a pretty good series.

Naruto (Rated: 5) - Although I loved aspects of Naruto, I understand this rating.

Pretear (Rated: 5) - I liked this series. Not one of my favorites, necessarily, but I thought it was cute.

Strawberry Panic (Rated: 5) - It's been a long time since I watched this one, but it was okay. A lot of drama, though.

Trinity Blood (Rated: 5) - Hm. I thought this one was better than a 5.

Tsubasa Chronicle (Rated: 4) - Yeah, pretty much. The manga is a lot better. I was really hoping for more from this anime.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» when was the last time you truly fell in love with a character and vice versa?

ame - 59 minutes ago

7 by Serafos »»
10 minutes ago

» Why do people hate MAPPA?

BuddhaIsBetter - Yesterday

44 by Nirinbo »»
15 minutes ago

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - 2 hours ago

6 by MeguSae38 »»
23 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

123 by Anjuro »»
24 minutes ago

» Which anime uses its narrative and characters to explore existential questions about the meaning of life?

LowIqSalty - Yesterday

13 by ToG25thBaam »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.