Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2022 12:18 PM

Jan 2017
Cruicruise said:
Some of these comments, man... Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a part of this community. The toxicity out here is unbearable.

man after a while you just feel sorry for these people, they don't actually care about the things they watch it's just being dumb and toxic all the fun for them, they struggle to find any joy for themselvs so it bugges them others find things enjoyable
Nov 29, 2022 12:25 PM

Feb 2018
An incredible episode!
Even though I knew this was coming it was still great seeing the way they adapted it.
From the way they ended last episode and started this one it was already doing well.
I thought the setup for that final confrontation was also executed well, especially with how they did the cinematography of the surroundings leading up to it.
Nov 29, 2022 12:27 PM

Jan 2017
EmreH said:
Overall it was a good episode, but some scenes could be better and more detailed, the curse devil scene wasn't very good and the blonde woman's monster just disappeared. Aki and katana man fight was pretty good though

You are a confused, that's the point, it instantly disappered in manga too. For example the fox devil doesn't disapper, and both in ep3 and in this episode 8 it had crazy intro and outro animation, just every devil is different, so it has nothing to do with quality or detail.
Nov 29, 2022 12:27 PM
Apr 2016
Friermiko said:
If at least the author crashed half of denji’s body and made him to not regenerate it (aka having consequences), then it would have been interesting. But no we can’t have that, the author only kills characters we don’t care about. I haven’t read the manga, but I can say for certain that denji will just return next episode with plot armor like nothing happened, which defeats the purpose of any threat in this anime/manga. Really disappointing episode.

When was the last anime with main character permanently death half way into the season? Game of Throne? Which was a joke yeah i know but they also have tons of other main characters. this is the average CSM crititcs brain guys
Nov 29, 2022 12:28 PM
Feb 2022
i was soooooo good omg
Nov 29, 2022 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
I am at a total loss for words with this episode. To me this episode was a total WTF cliffhanger episode, but was still a crazy good episode.

Nov 29, 2022 12:35 PM
Apr 2020
THIS IS WHERE IT GETS FR

This is imo, where Chainsaw Man really starts to shine and becomes something special. The twists in this fight are absolutely shocking, almost jaw-dropping. The art and animation is amazing; mappa did not disappoint with the adaptation. What a fight, incredible stuff. The CG was fantastic, they’ve improved it alot from ep 1.
Great cinematic slower parts in the start and out of this world action in the second half. The ED by TK went hard af too. Easily the best episode so far.
Nov 29, 2022 12:35 PM
Nov 2022
what the fuck did I just watch?!
it was amazing but I'm so confused I've not even looked at the manga and I'm just so lost
are they all dead
is denji dead?!
I DON'T KNOW
(someone please help 🙏🙏)
Nov 29, 2022 12:36 PM

Jun 2012
What a sudden turn of events this was... The atmosphere in this anime is truly amazing!!

Dec 2013
The people hating on this episode especially those that keep harping on the cgi are so cringe. This was one of the best episodes of a shounen series I have seem in a long time. The directing here was phenomenal and so unlike what we normally see in anime. The cgi didn't pull me out of it once. there are so many exceptionally well animated 2d scenes they are being really smart about prioritizing when the lavish 2d scenes will have the most impact and when it's just not worth the hassle. I don't need animators to work themselves to death to animate a monster made of 200 moving arms that is on screen for 5 seconds.

My one complaint was the curse devil looked pretty weak compared to the manga. The first panel showing the curse devil in the manga goes hard and they definitely stumbled capturing that here.
Nov 2019
We got an Order 66 style situation with the devil hunters here. Makima obviously isn't dead but I wonder who lese survives. Himeno was giving off major death flags but I wouldn't have expected it so soon if it weren't for spoilers.
Nov 29, 2022 12:41 PM

Nov 2017
WTF did I just watch?
Nov 29, 2022 12:41 PM
Apr 2022
As a manga reader, execution on the curse devil could have been a bit better, but overall, *chef's kiss*. MAPPA have been doing an incredible job and you can tell they love this property.
Nov 29, 2022 12:42 PM
Nov 2021
great story development
Nov 29, 2022 12:44 PM

Apr 2015
This episode went by so fast , I have so many questions. Things just got real really fast.
Nov 29, 2022 12:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yes fortunately Denji x Himeno didn't happen, though that's a sad and very hyped way to finish the episode... great animation as always
Nov 29, 2022 12:47 PM
Nov 2021
All this time I thought they were in japan because that's where that gun thing is

What was all that?

goodbye
Nov 29, 2022 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
Man, this ep was just phenomenal. Like I would say that haters gonna hate (for some reason) but this was just too good.
Nov 29, 2022 12:53 PM

Apr 2016
Katana Man finally makes his debut in the anime, but unfortunately the fight between him and Aki was quite disappointing. I'm not even going to mention the elephant in the room lest I start sounding like a broken record or get accused of being a bot.

Oh yeah, rip Himeno
Nov 29, 2022 12:56 PM

Mar 2020
I have mixed feelings about this episode. All the new content they added was great. The train scene and himeno's death are better in here than in the manga imo. But Aki vs Shadman was kinda bad? It felt like they were fighting in slow motion, and I also dont get why they had to use CGI for Shadman, the excuse for denji was because of the rotating chainsaws. Also curse devil looked like a joke, although I liked how the ghost and snake devils looked. Other than that, this was a very well directed episode, would be my favorite one so far if Aki vs Shadman had been done better, for now episode 7 remains my favorite one.
Nov 29, 2022 12:59 PM
Nov 2017
i am a huge fan of the sries but they butchered this episode
a lot of budget cuts and cg was trully bad for the first time in the series
but
they still can make ep9 well and then the most important arc that hooked absolute majority of people onto chainsaw man originally
will be saved
AND
the ed is crazy good this time
Nov 29, 2022 1:00 PM

Apr 2016
Tennebris_Method said:
Icebreaker93 said:

Finally someone with the right mind and wise words.
Еveryone was saying that this episode should have broken the internet.
I am not impressed at all.

Can anyone explain how or why they feel this way about the deaths? Or what you felt could have made it better I am curious....

In regard to "break the internet" Thing I've not seen one person say that personally. I have however seen people say it will start to really pick up here and further on which factually it has.

It's the fact that we barely know the characters at this point, so their death is not that impactful. Also, as a manga reader, there is an other major reason why CSM doesn't know how to handle character's deaths, but if you're anime-only I won't spoil

Mar 2016
Holy shit that was amazing, took me so off-guard the sudden change to just... death.
Feb 2021
ChrisDuong said:
Friermiko said:
If at least the author crashed half of denji’s body and made him to not regenerate it (aka having consequences), then it would have been interesting. But no we can’t have that, the author only kills characters we don’t care about. I haven’t read the manga, but I can say for certain that denji will just return next episode with plot armor like nothing happened, which defeats the purpose of any threat in this anime/manga. Really disappointing episode.

When was the last anime with main character permanently death half way into the season? Game of Throne? Which was a joke yeah i know but they also have tons of other main characters. this is the average CSM crititcs brain guys

Oh shit another retard. I’ll just copy and paste a comment I already wrote on this thread:

“What you are talking about here is all irrelevant. what I mean is there should be consequences. For example having physical scars, like losing a limb. But no, the author will continue to the next event like all of this never happened.”

And you mentioned game of thrones? In GOT, you can clearly see main characters (other than dying) gets scars, lose limps permanently, etc.

Beside, why are you comparing chainsaw man with other animes anyway. A show can stands on its own without having to compare it to other shows. Just because there are worse animes than chainsaw man that doesn’t mean that chainsaw man is good.
Nov 29, 2022 1:01 PM
Sep 2019
I couldnt even comprehend this ep. More things happened this episode than some animes in an entire season. I just. wtf... Too much was going on. But WOW. Just WOW. I am speechless lmao.
Nov 29, 2022 1:03 PM
Sep 2021
got fucking goosebumps
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Woah that got real dark all of a sudden D: RIP Himeno dude damn.

I guess that other guy is the sword devil? A fiend?

And that random little girl seems so OP?? Brought the sword devil back to life + can use that massive snake.

Need Denji ASAP.
Oct 2017
Oh no, Himeno was my favorite girl in this show so far... ;_;
Nov 29, 2022 1:04 PM

Feb 2016
I'm perplexed, first 9 minutes are such a damn waste that lefts the second half of the episode go through such a jarring progression, like, I literally had no idea what happened, there was absolutely no build up, everything happened so fast and so damn out of nowhere and then Himeno is dead, and she died on a very pale note while I'm left with a confused poker face.

I already had mixed feelings with the show, but it was good enough to give it a pass despite it's lack of passion, but this episode, despite the huge amount of praises and the overhype from the Manga fans with "the real Chainsaw Man starts here", felt worse than the entire show so far.

If this episode is an indicator of how jarring the direction of the anime will be from now on, I guess I better read the manga, because this was awful.

Don't @ me.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 29, 2022 1:06 PM
Sep 2019
BlizzardBoy026 said:
Badguy_oncel said:
nah it will surpass jjk, I mean it hasn't even finished a single cour

Let Jjk S2 air...😈😈

People who don't know :😂
People who knows: 💀💀💀
Nov 29, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2015
Oh shit, that was awful. I mean, what happened with Himeno, not the episode.

But I appreciated how she sacrificed herself for Aki without a second thought, she must have truly loved him.
Nov 29, 2022 1:07 PM
Apr 2014
Radical_Orion said:
Tennebris_Method said:

Can anyone explain how or why they feel this way about the deaths? Or what you felt could have made it better I am curious....

In regard to "break the internet" Thing I've not seen one person say that personally. I have however seen people say it will start to really pick up here and further on which factually it has.

It's the fact that we barely know the characters at this point, so their death is not that impactful. Also, as a manga reader, there is an other major reason why CSM doesn't know how to handle character's deaths, but if you're anime-only I won't spoil

It's cool that you feel this way but this is a very subjective view on character deaths. There isn't just one way to tell a story and it seems you are making these characters out to need more build up than they actually need.

Characters are allowed to die at any point, in any story. It just seems you are conditioned to a specific style of story telling or story. No offense to you or anything but I don't believe story telling is stuck to one single thing that's how new stories get told are by breaking certain boundaries. Not everyone needs a big send off not everyone needs a foreshadowed death.

That's my two cents on the matter. I appreciate your response though thanks for sharing your thoughts!

P.S I've also read the Manga! I guess to further the point in story telling in general you don't always need 300+ chapters in order to be able to kill a character off. I much prefer shorter more self contained stories that will and can be completed alot faster.
Nov 29, 2022 1:08 PM
Jun 2015
masterpiece this episode
Nov 29, 2022 1:09 PM
Sep 2019
Lionel13927 said:
I don't usually comment on episodes, but this one was absolutely massive. This is how you do storytelling, people. No amount of fancy animation can top that, so arguments like "Too much CGI" are completely irrelevant imo. Best action episode of the year, no contest.

Same it was unreal people are trying so hard to find any defect in the ep lol.. that's how good it is
Nov 29, 2022 1:10 PM

Jun 2019
Another germ : Phenomenal !!
Nov 29, 2022 1:12 PM

Apr 2022
what the actual fuck
Nov 29, 2022 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
AdolZeppeli said:
I already had mixed feelings with the show, but it was good enough to give it a pass despite it's lack of passion, but this episode, despite the huge amount of praises and the overhype from the Manga fans with "the real Chainsaw Man starts here", felt worse than the entire show so far.

If this episode is an indicator of how jarring the direction of the anime will be from now on, I guess I better read the manga, because this was awful.

Finally opening your eyes! I don't get what does this "the real CSM starts from here" mean. For me, this is the point where CSM author starts taking his readers for some fools! (reading the manga will feel like a waste of time!!)
Nov 29, 2022 1:13 PM

Jan 2021
RIP Himeno, Makima & Denji? oh my
Nov 29, 2022 1:16 PM
Feb 2021
read the manga n forgot about everything
Nov 29, 2022 1:17 PM
Oct 2020
Jaw is on the fucking floor. Holy shit. So much happened! Makima and Himeno are dead :(
Nov 29, 2022 1:19 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was insane! Definitely one of the best-directed episodes I've seen in a while now, there was this uncanny feeling from the get-go, and that elevated levels in the train scene where Makima was shown to be shot dead.

Himeno-senpai supposedly bites the dust? ED further reinforced to the point where it kind of confirmed it lmao, sadly the Alliance wasn't meant to be for long. And that's how you change things dramatically, yikes.

I appreciate the fact that MAPPA changed the animation style and started being more quirky in this episode, it really added to that mysterious and uncanny feeling that I referred to earlier. And then the fight! Good lord, by the time the snake appeared out of nowhere and vanished just as quickly leaving behind the decapitated ghost, I was already at a loss for words xD. Even though the Ghost had a small stint which could have made for "moment of the episode", the sheer direction and complementary quick pace of this episode were unreal.

Episode of the year for sure! I'll be surprised if this doesn't reach the heights of KnY E19 popularity and trending...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 29, 2022 1:24 PM
Jan 2019
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
Vone_80085 said:
WHY IS EVERYONE DYING ALL OF A SUDDEN???????

bcs mangaka is an incompetent hack... who don't know how to handle characters death and can't come up with decent story without shock factor.

Lmao, if you're gonna troll at least put some effort in to it. This is the most clear bait that I've seen on this board.

Dec 2021
Fuck me I forgot how early she died. I thought she'd be around for a while longer :(

Dec 2015
Can't believe I'll defend a modern shounen, but seriously, fuck anyone with those childish CGI complaints. It objectivelly doesn't take away any % the quality of the story. If ppl had this kind of standard for the animation for something storytelling, this media would actually be worth the respect anime fans always claim they deserve.

As for the episode, outside of the first 5 minutes of just filler fanservice, it was good. For the first time I'm believing this show has something special in it. Just hope it keeps this tone for the rest of the season and maybe I can give it an 8/10
Nov 29, 2022 1:25 PM

Sep 2014
Amazing production. Also, I found this fight fairly confusing in the manga, so the mere fact that the adaptation made it super easy to follow is already a massive plus.
Nov 29, 2022 1:25 PM
Sep 2017
This was a master Piece episode. Like every episode is better that the last one. This is insane
Nov 29, 2022 1:26 PM

Dec 2017
The episode was perfect until the devil's cgi, I wish they were stuck with 2d, but that's what you get when you try to make multiple mainstream shows.
Nov 29, 2022 1:28 PM

Aug 2016
What is really blowing my mind about Chainsaw Man is how insanely hard and sudden plot twist are. It never lets you settle on some specific mood of plot direction.
Nov 29, 2022 1:31 PM
Oct 2020
R.I.P Himeno :( insane episode. Had me at the edge of my seat despite knowing what was gonna happen
Nov 29, 2022 1:35 PM

Apr 2016
Tennebris_Method said:
It's cool that you feel this way but this is a very subjective view on character deaths. There isn't just one way to tell a story and it seems you are making these characters out to need more build up than they actually need.

Characters are allowed to die at any point, in any story. It just seems you are conditioned to a specific style of story telling or story. No offense to you or anything but I don't believe story telling is stuck to one single thing that's how new stories get told are by breaking certain boundaries. Not everyone needs a big send off not everyone needs a foreshadowed death.

That's my two cents on the matter. I appreciate your response though thanks for sharing your thoughts!

P.S I've also read the Manga! I guess to further the point in story telling in general you don't always need 300+ chapters in order to be able to kill a character off. I much prefer shorter more self contained stories that will and can be completed alot faster.

It's not subjective, this is how it is.

A story is about characters and plot. A story with characters introduced for a couple of pages and getting killed will leave no emotional impact to the audience, it's fact.
Then, the fact that it's done over and over in the manga, makes it even worse, as we don't even get interested in any new character, while the plot is empty.

Enough with new avant-garde "look how different I am" story telling bs. Some writing rules have been there for a longtime and universal for a reason.

Otherwise, just watch some random sakuga fights without knowing the context if you just don't care about story or knowing the characters, because this is basically what the rest of CSM is going to look like. Since the big "scheme" behind all this "story" is hidden to the reader till the end (for such a poor payoff), all the reader has are the characters, and they're void and irrelevant. The manga is just a series of random events we don't care about. No offense.
Pages (21) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

1014 by OnlyLukey »»
Sep 11, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

585 by phantom346 »»
Sep 6, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

735 by phantom346 »»
Sep 6, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

787 by phantom346 »»
Sep 5, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2659 by phantom346 »»
Sep 5, 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.