Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2022 7:18 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeNov 1, 2022 8:30 AM
Nov 1, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2020
You have to feel for the city, assets getting destroyed left and right just because a boy is beyond determined to have a feel of touching breasts. He did succeed, killing the bat devil and saving that cat he got bribed from Power but hey we talking about titties, right? So as if things will just happen. We got a new devil joining the scene, but boy as if this man will let anything get in between him and titties. Mappa, like the last episode, didn't disappoint with the fight scenes.

Aki’s Kon from the first trailer.. that was one sick panel animated to perfection. His squad’s here too, eyepatch girl Hibeno and the walking meme Kobeni. Haha some damn crazy things await us going forward.

It’s officially a gang now, the trio of Denji, Power and Aki. But before that, Denji, my brother your time has come, press them to the boot.

Jul 2021
Woah Power's realization that warm blood can also exist was a segue from her history to the present in which she is holding her captive cat inside that bat-devil. So the bat-devil’s name is Batty and got a girlfriend too? Lol. She got dreams that are beautiful but impossible to achieve after that Denji killed him and her likewise.

Denji desires to touch boobs from a mere state but he lacks proper education and personal experience in real-life situations that’s for sure. This episode talks a lot about dreams, it’s difficult to find a dream, dreams that are less worth than touching boobs, but even so, it’s difficult to achieve a dream, a dream that’s desirable for a long time, perhaps to live? to consistently get the fuck you want? Any of these dreams, regardless of their difficulties to achieve, is nothing impossible and can be done when one has a wil and motivationl to acquisition in knowledge of their dreams at the end of the day.

Moreover, Aki’s “Kon” was pretty neat and pretty clean if anything else to say, I really do like the angle of the direction compared to the pre-animated one (Don’t remember if he did the “Kon” several times in the same setting thou). Nice to see Kobeni, Himeno, and Hirozaku making an appearance. Now that everything over, Denji went through some recovery and there’s a glimpse of Aki’s morning routine, very much ideal in any possible way. Oh god, inviting Power was a… bad idea, the chaos between her and Denji is getting quite hectic, Aki’s already like a babysitter at this point. And wow Denji’s touching Power’s boobs now? Cool. ED 4 centering Power lol not a fan of the song but I like the visuals.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 2019
Today was Yoshihara Cinema day and it ended up just like how he does his stuff. Got to see some backstory on Nyako and Power but Denji rescued her and Nyako. But, soon Denji had to fight against another devil but this time Aki was there to help with some stuff and we also saw the good girl, Kon? LOL. Didn't know she was a girl.

Also, nice to see other characters in this episode. Kobeni, Himeno and others. The action was fricking amazing. I did notice some familiar cuts in the episode. Loved the whole cinematic feel of the episode. The Hayakawa family is finally here. Loved the Power ED. The Booba deal is gonna be next week.

Jul 2017
Power's past as a Blood Fiend, she lived quite the wild life with Meowy, only to see it captured by the Bat Devil, claiming a sacrifice from her very hands for an exchange. And this in turn, Denji managed to bring the Bat Devil down, and as promised, to cop a feel of Power's boobs. But this isn't the end of the Bat Devil, as his partner of the Leech Devil tore an arm of his as collateral.

Unfortunately, without a complete body and lack of blood, Denji couldn't force the chainsaw out of him and has to fight with less than his usual strength. The action is just as faithful as the first trailer made it out to be: the dream battle between Denji and the Leech Devil, plus Aki's "Kon" with his contractual Fox Devil. And Aki's Public Safety Devil Hunter family is here: Himeno, Kobeni and Hirokazu.

Denji got healed and recovered back to normal, though the stories of the chainsaw man vary between thankfulness and fear. But still, Aki wants to keep Denji and Power under control for the fact that they're exposed to the public and being frenemies to help out a favour. Even then, Aki tries his best to keep situations under wraps, for as much as he can since he reports to Makima.

By the way, the anime-only added scenes of Aki spending his life at home are a nice addition, a way to show MAPPA's insane production that's a definitive attention to detail. But then, there's the addition to the house with Power and Meowy, and she's every bit as unrefined as she looks. But, Denji's dream might've come true as Power leads him to fondle her breasts, 3 squeezes. Denji's going in for the feels! What an angel.

Power's exclusive ED, courtesy of Tooboe, it's everything about her.
KANLen09Nov 1, 2022 9:48 AM
Nov 1, 2022 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
Fight against Leech devil was pretty cool and Kon looks really cool. Himeno's also here. Denji, Aki and Power living together is quite amusing. Denji really wants to fondle breasts and looks like Power's gonna let him do it.

Episode 4 ED:
MegamiRemDec 3, 2022 12:38 AM
Nov 1, 2022 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, Denji fought like a madman this episode. Props for the VA to making his character so entertaining to watch during the fight.

Looks like he's amazed at his own power but grats to him on his victory. The bathroom scene with Power and Denji was comedy gold. That ED song was goofy, probably the most amusing one I've seen so far.
Nov 1, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2015
Wow the fight against Leech Devil was great! The animation was better than Bat Demon's. Crazy fight!

Also I wasn't expecting a female voice for the Fox Demon. That really surprised me.

Mappa really trolled us with that cliffhanger! You can't end it here!
ParkroverNov 1, 2022 1:37 PM
Nov 1, 2022 8:34 AM
Oct 2019
Best episode so far. The pacing, the music, the atmosphere. Its even better than the manga in my opinion. It made me shed a tear how beautiful the fight scene and even Aki's morning routine was animated. The perfectly ended the episode with the promise of booba cliffhanger. This episode single handedly shuts everyone up who is discredting mappas adaptation. If this is the standard were getting for this minor fight, I cant imagine what the later fights will look like.
Nov 1, 2022 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Kon is here!!!

Power is the best Girl!!!!
Nov 1, 2022 8:37 AM
Nov 2020
Best episode so far in my opinion. Sakuga animation all around and awesome look into Aki's routine/life and progression of the story. This definitely felt like a proper chainsaw man episode, I was blown away by the music choice, art direction and animation. The music choice when Power came to Aki's apartment really fitted the vibe excellently.
Nov 1, 2022 8:41 AM
Jun 2021
CHAINSAW MAN DOESNT MISS!
Each episode gets better and better, from the impeccable animation to the great outro this episode truly was a 10/10
Nov 1, 2022 8:43 AM
May 2016
Doomposters gonna be real quiet after this episode. God damn that was incredible, like it had no right being THAT good. I'm genuinely, thoroughly impressed. Top-tier animation AND direction. If THIS is what Ryu Nakayama meant by saying he wanted CSM to feel more like a film? You'd have to be a blatbbering retard (GangsterrCat) to accuse him of hating anime.
Nov 1, 2022 8:45 AM
Aug 2021
imma be real, i’ve mixed feelings about these two newest episodes.
Nov 1, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2020
Damn the Aki slice of life moment was a nice addition
Nov 1, 2022 9:07 AM
Apr 2020
Himeno is here! I will say the anime is adapting the manga at a quicker rate than I expected, already half way through volume 2, but still doesn't very rushed so thats fine.
Looking forward to next week's episode.
Nov 1, 2022 9:08 AM

Mar 2020
Oh look it's Kobeni's car's owner!

Finally, the Hayakawa family together.
MochiRonDesu14Nov 1, 2022 10:28 AM
Nov 1, 2022 9:20 AM

Apr 2018
The pacing is a lot more slower than i expected, very similar to KnY's pacing. They really took their time to improve and slightly extend the source material with some anime original scenes which is a good sign to me. A very solid adaptation so far.
Nov 1, 2022 9:24 AM
Jul 2016
great episode. this one was really well adapted. excellent casting on the Studio making Ai Fairouz voice Power. She really captures the character with her voicing.
Nov 1, 2022 9:30 AM

Jan 2021
Really liked the pacing of this episode a whole lot, there was a lot of time for scenes to breath and the overall feel of the episode was amazing.

Cannot praise Studio Mappa enough for the beautiful animation and artwork as well, I was so into the episode that it makes me want next week to come already.

ED was very fun, ttotally suits Power to a tee.
Nov 1, 2022 9:31 AM
Sep 2021
This has to be the greatest trade deal in the history of trade deals
Nov 1, 2022 9:31 AM

Feb 2021
Ok so in this episode we got a bunch of sakuga as well as a scene dedicated just to show Aki doing housework lol.

And then the scene where Denji is finally about to fondle Power gets cut like a cliffhanger for the next episode.

The ED was pretty crazy again.

Also nice to see Himeno, overall great epiosde, it was just as good as the last one.
Nov 1, 2022 9:33 AM

Jul 2017
Wonderful episode, as usual and expected from MAPPA. The fight was awsome loved Denji's screams, the VA is doing a wonderful job. For the most important part...

WHY MAPPA? WHY ON THE FIRST DAY OF NNN? THAT'S EVIL.

Jokes aside, looking forward to next episode.

Nov 2016
Nah bro this adaptation is legit

Konbeni must be protected at all costs

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
First episode that absolutely matched the ridiculous hype, what a fucking director flex and sakuga fest.

Aki going about his early morning was mindblowingly well animated, super immersive.
Nov 1, 2022 9:34 AM

Mar 2021
Hayakawa family formed :D
🐐

Nov 1, 2022 9:35 AM
Aug 2022
The animation was amazing. Even though I've watched and completed animes like demon slayer, jujutsu kaisen the animation still feels like amazingly smooth.

From the beginning of the series this is the seconfd time I've seen denji so happy. First, because of some girl feeding him delicious food and now a girl offering him to touch her b**bs. Enjoy it denji it's only for a short time.

ngl but for some reason makima's talking styles and stuff seems like an half bald middle aged boss to me.
Nov 1, 2022 9:36 AM

Oct 2022
Great episode the action was super smooth! Also quite enjoyed the slower second more slice of life feeling half and just to see some more of Aki and how he lives.
Power is now living with them which is definitely fun and Denji earned this 3 squeezes. That new ending did hit like a jumpscare and it was another great one.
Also a shoutout to my favorite character Kobeni being on screen for about 3 seconds can't wait for more.
Nov 1, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2019
Bruh that cliffhanger though...

Poor Aki, having to literally babysit those two chaotic characters. Well Denji is less chaotic than Power

Nov 1, 2022 9:37 AM
Feb 2021
ever eps are the greatest thing i ever seen
Nov 1, 2022 9:37 AM

Oct 2021
i remember aki's devil was so sick in manga now that i see it animated i can safely say that it's the best devil design imo.
Nov 1, 2022 9:38 AM

Mar 2020
I think this was the most enjoyable episode so far. Great background shots and action, and we got to see Power and Aki in all their glory. Aki's gonna have his hands tied dealing with the troublesome kids that are Denji and Power in his house. The animation was quite top-notch this episode as well. ED was very good also, liked it a lot.
Nov 1, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2019
Holy shit, when I thought the last episode was the best they just outdid themselves once again. Outstanding animation! Voice acting from Denji here was also a major highlight.
I also got the same cinematic vibe from the first episode in this, which is a huge positive.
Well done MAPPA, well fucking done...

Dec 2020
How crazy denji was he was not giving up god thanks that hayakawa and his crew was coming.
Hayakawa is going to be a nice character and he’s can summoned a fox devil.
Finally denji can touch the angel power b***s.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 2020
himeno and kobeni are finally here

Feb 2019
This dude Denji is literally cleaning power’s shit off the toilet and she comes in to let him grab her tits??? What the fuck is wrong with this author dawg
Nov 1, 2022 9:40 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit the animation for the Leech Devil fight was insane. The amount of effort they're putting into animating some of the most minor fights makes me excited to get to the important ones.

Got to see a tease of some supporting characters like Kobeni and Himeno, and I liked the SoL scenes of Aki going about his day. Power already causing chaos after moving in lol and that cliffhanger, is Denji's dream finally going to come true 👀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 1, 2022 9:42 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode. Aki's got quite the handful now.

Jan 2009
yep this anime adaptation is serious in tone than the often funny manga

there it is the revelation that Devil Hunters form contracts with Devils to fight other Devils and they offer some of their body parts to the Devil they have contract with

next episode is when we see Denji squeeze the breast of Power eh

Dec 2020
Pretty slow pacing but it is fine. We got to see Aki's Kon. Also, Denji was finally getting adjusted to his new life and now he has to live with Power too!
Nov 1, 2022 9:43 AM
Dec 2020
why did they end the episode before we could see!??
Nov 1, 2022 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
The fight with the Leech Devil was surprisingly well done, though I wasn't expecting the episode to end like that. The part with Aki and his morning routine was oddly satisfying, from great sound effects to gorgeous visuals. Perhaps there is hope for this adaptation after all.
Nov 1, 2022 9:45 AM
Sep 2015
I'm gonna be very mad if Denji doesn't get to grab those boobs in the next episode. Even though I don't ship him with any female character, I think he deserve it after he fight like hell and risk his live saving that cat.
The two guys one girl team reminds me of Jujutsu Kaisen though. While Power is very different from Nobara, Denji is quite similar to Yuuji that they fused themselves with demon and are not afraid to express their love for sexy woman, but Aki is almost a copy-paste from Megumi, they're both black hair, well-composed, and skilled demon/spirit summoner.
Nov 1, 2022 9:45 AM

Mar 2021
This show has not failed to disappoint me so far. The animation, the direction, music, etc.: everything has just been top notch so far. It is hard to think of an anime that has had more hype leading up to it (and I have not read the manga), but so far it is obviously one of the best of the year.

Honestly, I might just be happy that the cat survived more than anything else.
Nov 1, 2022 9:46 AM
Jul 2019
Mappa once again delivering heat
Nov 1, 2022 9:48 AM

Sep 2022
the first half is so intense then we got slice of life moment, glad to see aki is starting to change but this poor guy is babysitting these two.
Nov 1, 2022 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
Mappa flexing this episode. Animation at home was flawless.
Nov 1, 2022 9:50 AM
May 2021
Great ep!! POWER POWER POWER!! Love the visuals in the ending!!
Nov 1, 2022 9:54 AM
Feb 2022
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME NOT HIM
Nov 1, 2022 9:55 AM
Oct 2022
I thought it was a good episode - some parts I would've expected to go faster and therefore get further, but it was a good one.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1015 by dgashti »»
Apr 19, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.