Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 30, 2021 1:19 PM

Feb 2007
I knew something was wrong when Satoko mentioned Rika not leaving again, but the end still was a surprise.
Jan 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Oct 2019
I know the ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger and all, but Satoko pulling out a gun was probably the cheesiest way they could have done it lmao
Jan 30, 2021 2:13 PM

Oct 2014
ssjokg said:
Can you guess what was announced? A Higurashi/Umineko murder mystery gameboard. Seems like this is just a 24ep ad for the gacha and this.
So we get yet another Cluedo with Higu/Umi skin?
Well isn't that nice, they could just give us Hinamizawa Monopoly while they're at it.

astroprogs said:
R07 said that he had the script of Gou finished and ready for years and years and 2018 was finally the time it was greenlit.
If the script was finished and ready for years and years by 2018, I guess he didn't have enough time to polish it nor actually write the first half for it.

astroprogs said:
There's no reason to lie about this. This was also reaffirmed by the director.

I guess Gou is fine to watch by newcomers if those newcomers aren't interested in the slightest in going back and watching the original. And to those people, they don't really lose anything by having it spoiled.

Gou still has a lot of stuff that can be enjoyed even if you don't know the original, evident by all the newcomers who enjoy it, even after episode 17. I guess that's why R07 said this. If it gets some people interested in the old series and go to watch it while this was airing (as the director kinda nudged people towards doing), that's a new demographic. If it didn't, Gou's main plot thread will function well enough as a standalone, even if it's not optimal.
I don't know if there was any reason to lie, but as there isn't reason to lie, there isn't reason to believe them either.

It's no different from our forum wars since the first episodes, one side was telling others that they can watch, the other side was saying it's not that good to start here.
Ryukishi taught us about the Rule Z, yet still, a huge part of the fandom takes his words as the absolute truth that works the best for them.
"I think that our daily lives are overflowing with Rule Z.
We take the statements of people who say only what is convenient for their interests, interpret them in a way that's convenient for us too, and then behave based on that forced understanding."

Sure you can start watching Higurashi from GOU, sure you can enjoy it, it's all within the realm of possibility... and?
astroprogs said:
Gou is so, SO much better than LE. LE is incomprehensible to both old and new fans. Gou at worst had plot threads that some people didn't like. The two are incomparable IMO.
I needed a moment to think which was worse, GOU or LE, and had hard time deciding tbh.
Then I remembered how LE gave me a headache.
Gar_Logan said:
And then they also announced this physical game...? https://higurashianime.com/goods/goods_0002.html
Excuse me what?
"Genre: Loop type multi-ending human wolf" o_o
Anyway, sounds interesting enough to check it out, but sadly they use this same bad character art I don't quite like.

Those special SD Illustrations were good tho.
Nevermind_Egy said:
I get your point but what you seem to forget is that deens anime only adapts the VN while gous an original series, it's much harder to do that this way.
Well yeah this is original series, which for 75% adapts the VNs ._.
But no, I don't think it's that hard writing Anime scripts (tho it seems R07 isn't an expert at those).
Even Ookamikakushi was more coherent than this.
random_weirdo said:
Hulio said:

Ryukishi really is falling on his principles, guess I'll go check the manga and take picture of one of the author's messages, as that really represents this.

People have been saying that Satoko simply scared Takano with something supernatural to make her quit.
lol the hell? that's stupid :D

Had already forgotten which author's message I was referring to yesterday, but guess it might have been this.
"When it comes to Mystery-Suspense stories, the distinction between an occult tale and a mystery tale is a major one. However, because the answers to virtually all stories in this realm follow boilerplate mystery tropes, readers are able to pigeonhole what is presented ("It's just another one of those mysteries, after all"), which has caused much of the genre's original appeal to be lost."
And on that Mr. R07, I think you should look back on what you've done..
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jan 30, 2021 2:27 PM

Aug 2019
ssjokg said:
Can you guess what was announced? A Higurashi/Umineko murder mystery gameboard. Seems like this is just a 24ep ad for the gacha and this.
Then what crossover people are expecting, at least a "???? tea party" at the final episode isn't something impossible. At some point, I'd hope that this never happens. But thinking about it, it was better that Gou didn't exist in the first place, so... it's already bad, nobody cares if they make it worse at this point.
Jan 30, 2021 8:36 PM

Sep 2020
shadowmancy71 said:
Where the hell did that gun come from???
Came here to day the same
Jan 30, 2021 9:40 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Satoko materializing guns out of nowhere. By the way, that Jack-in-the-box's punch sure must have hurt like hell for her to unconsciously react like if she was having a PTSD episode and blow her entire cover. Absolutely ridiculous decision.

So... Satoko is the final boss, uh? Does this mean she was completely "sane" last episode when she was playing with Rika's guts?
Jan 30, 2021 11:30 PM
Oct 2020
SouthRzVa said:
Damn, Satoko materializing guns out of nowhere. By the way, that Jack-in-the-box's punch sure must have hurt like hell for her to unconsciously react like if she was having a PTSD episode and blow her entire cover. Absolutely ridiculous decision.

So... Satoko is the final boss, uh? Does this mean she was completely "sane" last episode when she was playing with Rika's guts?

We almost made it to have some intelligent messages in a row ... just why do you have to screw it up every time? According to what law She shouldn't have tried to dodge an hypothetica blow? Among other things, exaggerating the sense of the scene is intellectually dishonest
PlayMaker22Jan 30, 2021 11:35 PM
Jan 31, 2021 1:08 AM

Aug 2020
this ep really just came outta nowhere, and i love it. Where are those people saying this ain't a sequel LMAO
Jan 31, 2021 4:55 AM

Dec 2020
PlayMaker22 said:

We almost made it to have some intelligent messages in a row ... just why do you have to screw it up every time? According to what law She shouldn't have tried to dodge an hypothetica blow? Among other things, exaggerating the sense of the scene is intellectually dishonest

Well firstly she shouldn't have tried to dodge because that blew her cover. Of course it's hard to stop yourself from dodging on reflex.

But his point was that there was no need for her to lay down on the floor and hold her head to avoid a Jack-in-the-box punch. That's not how you dodge a punch, she acted as if the pain from that past punch completely traumatized her. And that's weird considering that at the time this was just a small scene played for laughs and nothing important to pay attention to.

x_Aq said:
this ep really just came outta nowhere, and i love it. Where are those people saying this ain't a sequel LMAO

You are late on that, I have seen nobody calling this a remake since episode 14. Actually most fans who truly knew the OG knew this was a sequel since episode 2. In germany the publisher of Gou even posted sth like "You thought it was a remake? You were wrong!" when episode 2 aired.
We'll be together for all eternity.

Jan 31, 2021 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
x_Aq said:

Unless Ryu explicitly says that, they will be in denial.
Jan 31, 2021 5:22 AM
Oct 2020
Eragur said:

Well firstly she shouldn't have tried to dodge because that blew her cover. Of course it's hard to stop yourself from dodging on reflex.

But his point was that there was no need for her to lay down on the floor and hold her head to avoid a Jack-in-the-box punch. That's not how you dodge a punch, she acted as if the pain from that past punch completely traumatized her. And that's weird considering that at the time this was just a small scene played for laughs and nothing important to pay attention to.

Uh exactly where?
Jan 31, 2021 5:30 AM

Aug 2009
Oh no @Eragur, she isn't holding her head, that makes the rest of the criticism invalid.

ssjokgJan 31, 2021 5:33 AM
Jan 31, 2021 5:47 AM
Oct 2020
ssjokg said:
Oh no @Eragur, she isn't holding her head, that makes the rest of the criticism invalid.

Holding her head is a necessary condition to affirm that she was traumatized, which by the way is the basis of their criticism. Incredible, you can write stupid messages even when you are not asked, that's pretty hilarious lmao
Jan 31, 2021 7:00 AM
Apr 2020
jaw201 said:
jTiKey said:
Gou plot explained in one sentence:

LMAO
Just because you didn't see it coming doesn't mean it's bad lol.
You are just bad at seeing the clues.
Nekodamashi is probably the best Higurashi arc PERIOD.

the most depressing**
after tatarigoroshi, of corse
Jan 31, 2021 7:16 AM

Dec 2020

Here. She was holding her head while going down. Maybe check the scene before trying to be a smartass.

Other than that your reading comprehension is lacking. Nobody made a point about Satoko actually being traumatized, but about her overreacting. To avoid a little punch you don't lay on the floor for several seconds. That's what someone would do who is afraid to experience extreme pain.
EragurJan 31, 2021 8:08 AM

Jan 31, 2021 7:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Holy shit Satoko at the end... great episode I think, it's so tense
Jan 31, 2021 8:55 AM

Oct 2014
PlayMaker22 said:
Holding her head is a necessary condition to affirm that she was traumatized, which by the way is the basis of their criticism. Incredible, you can write stupid messages even when you are not asked, that's pretty hilarious lmao
Kek, since when holding one's head was necessary condition for being traumatized?

Also inb4 getting burned with the proof of them really holding their heads. xD
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jan 31, 2021 9:36 AM

May 2015
I have come to feel watching this episode that I should have watched the original to get who the fuck are these military groups and what is their goal and role, they just come out of nowhere if I were to judge only by the infro we have been given in this series.
IshitatesoJan 31, 2021 9:54 AM
Jan 31, 2021 10:32 AM

Dec 2020
Ishitateso said:
I have come to feel watching this episode that I should have watched the original to get who the fuck are these military groups and what is their goal and role, they just come out of nowhere if I were to judge only by the infro we have been given in this series.

Yeah, imo you should stop watching Gou immediately, watch the first two seasons of the Deen anime and then continue where you left off.

You'd propably be able to watch the rest of Gou without learning about those military groups, Takano's involvement and so on but you'd for sure look at what you have seen so far and what you are going to see in the next episodes differently and more pleasantly if you go back and watch the OG first.

Jan 31, 2021 4:18 PM

Jan 2016

APOLOGIZE

he was right all along
Jan 31, 2021 5:29 PM
Oct 2020
Eragur said:

Here. She was holding her head while going down. Maybe check the scene before trying to be a smartass.

Oh dear God, there is a difference between holding your head while dodging a blow and holding your head because you (act like you) are traumatized by the experience...

Eragur said:
Other than that your reading comprehension is lacking. Nobody made a point about Satoko actually being traumatized, but about her overreacting. To avoid a little punch you don't lay on the floor for several seconds. That's what someone would do who is afraid to experience extreme pain.

This message doesn't make sense. If your point is to state that satoko's behavior is exaggerated because she appears to behave like a traumatized person I EXPECT TO SEE THE BEHAVIOR OF A TRAUMATIZED PERSON. Your point is based on the fact that:

1: No she can't hold her head, she looks so traumatized

>you send me a single shot in which she acts instinctively to dodge the blow (spoiler, when you try to dodge something you always when protect yourself a little). You'd be right if she kept holding her head after the dodge, but hey!
Inb4 you will say that you can't protect yourself by holding your head...
By the way I don't understand why that single shot of yours proves this but mine can't prove otherwise. That's nitpicking at its best

2) She has been on the floor for too long
>ok I guess?. Have you ever thought that maybe she remained on the ground because she realized she had made a mistake and was thinking of something to say on the moment? It's a common behavior when someone knows that he did a mistake.

PlayMaker22Jan 31, 2021 9:06 PM
Jan 31, 2021 5:33 PM
Oct 2020
Hulio said:

Kek, since when holding one's head was necessary condition for being traumatized?

Well how to say, when someone tells me with so much conviction that a character is acting like he's traumatized, I EXPECT TO SEE SOMETHING TO SHOW IT. Not a single pathetic shot that ultimately proves nothing.
Jan 31, 2021 7:41 PM

Aug 2009
Yes people get on all fours, dogeza style, as if they are at gun point when they want to avoid a blow that physically cant and hasnt hurt them at all in the past.

They dont step aside, or back off, or look surprised.

They straight up go turtle mode to protect themselves from the extreme pain they didnt feel the last time.This is totally normal behavior.

Box trap>>>>>>>>>>>Abusing aunt>>Takano with a gun>Abusing uncle.

Satoko definitely has her priorities straight.
Jan 31, 2021 8:06 PM
Oct 2020
Yes people get on all fours, dogeza style, as if they are at gun point when they want to avoid a blow that physically cant and hasnt hurt them at all in the past.

Why not? It's an instinctive movement
You understand that a criticism isn't solid when it just says: "why this character did x instead of y" without really changing the sense of the scene. That's just nitpicking
PlayMaker22Jan 31, 2021 8:10 PM
Jan 31, 2021 8:13 PM

Sep 2013
Ishitateso said:

Do yourself a massive favor and go and watched the original two seasons of Higurashi by DEEN. The first season is basically a series of events, and the 2nd season is the answers to the events and finding the "truth".

GOU is basically taking place after the truth ending of the original.
Jan 31, 2021 8:20 PM

Aug 2009
Getting on all 4s isnt instinctive movement. Having ptsd vision and look terrified isnt either, especially over a punch that doesnt hurt you OR THAT CANT reach where you stand.

But sure, defend R07's silly writing. Maybe it wasnt even him, his script might as well said "Satoko reacts to the box" and the director fucked up.

But no. People not liking bad scenes of Gou literally triggers you.

Jan 31, 2021 8:32 PM
Oct 2020
Getting on all 4s isnt instinctive movement.

why? When faced with a front blow whose length is difficult to measure, I instinctively get down
ssjokg said:
, especially over a punch that doesnt hurt you OR THAT CANT reach where you stand.

but how do you know it exactly? I hate it when people make things up to be right (and it isn't even the first time you did it), it's an incredible intellectual dishonesty
an

ssjokg said:

But sure, defend R07's silly writing. Maybe it wasnt even him, his script might as well said "Satoko reacts to the box" and the director fucked up.

But no. People not liking bad scenes of Gou literally triggers you.

No, since you're stupid and obviously you can't read I'll explain it to you. What bothers me is people like you who exaggerate or invent the meaning of the scene.
"Muh she acts as if she suffered from ptsd because she held her head while lowering muh."
You arbitrarily invent things and even pretend to be right.

ssjokg said:
Having ptsd vision and look terrified isnt either

AHAHAHAAHAH just when was this thing shown? FROM THE SHOT THAT WAS POSTED BY OTHER GUY? kek
PlayMaker22Jan 31, 2021 8:40 PM
Jan 31, 2021 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
Yes we are all stupid for finding flaws in the scene(s). You are the only one that understands R07.

Jan 31, 2021 8:43 PM
Oct 2020
ssjokg said:
Yes we are all stupid for finding flaws in the scene(s). You are the only one that understands R07.

There is no point in being passive aggressive when the most you did was invent things or say random things. Sorry we are not in umineko where you can create your own truth from scratch, here these things don't work. At least do the favor to shut up and let me talk to other people.

Mod Edit: Removed insults.
KuuroFeb 6, 2021 6:22 AM
Jan 31, 2021 8:48 PM

Aug 2009
PlayMaker22 said:
ssjokg said:

There is no point in being passive aggressive when the most you did was invent things or say random things. At least do the favor to shut up and let me talk to other people.

Talk to other people? You mean dismissing every single point they make by calling it wrong or moving the goalposts?

Okay....I will let you "talk" to them.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KuuroFeb 6, 2021 6:23 AM
Jan 31, 2021 8:53 PM
Oct 2020

Talk to other people? You mean dismissing every single point they make by calling it wrong or moving the goalposts?

Okay....I will let you "talk" to them.

Where exactly would I have ignored their points?
Jan 31, 2021 9:04 PM
Oct 2020
nothing, he's dead
Jan 31, 2021 9:36 PM

Jul 2007
jTiKey said:
Juuza Amakusa from Umineko cameo:

I'm almost convinced that Higurashi Gou will somehow transition into Umineko at this point.

Or maybe I am just being way too hopeful lol
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 1, 2021 1:54 AM

Apr 2014
Satoko being the time looper too? Now I really wonder how many times she looped and how much that broke her.

EndlessMaria said:

I'm almost convinced that Higurashi Gou will somehow transition into Umineko at this point.

Or maybe I am just being way too hopeful lol
A rightful Umineko remake with Akio Watanabe's designs would be a dream come true.
Feb 1, 2021 2:20 AM

Aug 2019
Falling into someone else's trap might have actually hurt Satoko's pride, that's why she's making Rika suffer XD
Feb 1, 2021 11:04 AM

Dec 2020
PlayMaker22 said:

Oh dear God, there is a difference between holding your head while dodging a blow and holding your head because you (act like you) are traumatized by the experience...

No there is not. You can't just make up rules about when holding your head is a sign of being traumatized and when it isn't. It's not up to you to decide. The only reason we even talk about this is because you can't accept that you were wrong about her holding her head.

Also:
PlayMaker22 said:

By the way I don't understand why that single shot of yours proves this but mine can't prove otherwise. That's nitpicking at its best

Can't get more nitpicky than arguing about if a fictional character was holding her head while laying on the floor or while lying down on the floor.

PlayMaker22 said:

This message doesn't make sense. If your point is to state that satoko's behavior is exaggerated because she appears to behave like a traumatized person I EXPECT TO SEE THE BEHAVIOR OF A TRAUMATIZED PERSON.

My point was to differentiate between arguing for her being traumatized and arguing for her overreacting. Those are two different things. Her being actually traumatized would be a weird story choice while making her reaction over the top could simply be a bad choice in directing a meaningless scene. You getting so defensive about someone simply stating that the scene was weird because of her unusually strong reaction is less understandable than arguing about things that are are actually relevant for the plot.

PlayMaker22 said:

>you send me a single shot in which she acts instinctively to dodge the blow (spoiler, when you try to dodge something you always when protect yourself a little). You'd be right if she kept holding her head after the dodge, but hey!
Inb4 you will say that you can't protect yourself by holding your head...

Nobody reacts to a incoming punch like that. Not even on reflex. You might duck, cringe or turn your back to avoid getting hit in the face by a soft glove but you don't go down on all fours and stay in that position for seconds. And if you'd try to protect yourself with your hands you'd put your hands in front of your face, to you know actually block the punch coming from the front. Holding the back of your head doesn't make sense, neither reflexively nor to actually protect yourself. All it does is make you look distressed which is one reason why a lot of people felt like she looked traumatized.

The shot I sent proves that you were wrong about her not holding her head. It's not intended to prove her being traumatized. You were trying to be a smartass about the scene so I corrected you on that. All your shot proves is that you didn't watch the scene thoroughly. It simply doesnt disprove that she overreacted.

PlayMaker22 said:

2) She has been on the floor for too long
>ok I guess?. Have you ever thought that maybe she remained on the ground because she realized she had made a mistake and was thinking of something to say on the moment? It's a common behavior when someone knows that he did a mistake.

You'd argue that anything was natural behavior if it meant you won't have to admit that the scene (or Gou overall) isn't flawless.

But no it doesn't look like that at all. I could post screenshots but that's too much effort for such a meaningless discussion about nothing at all.
After a few seconds of laying down we get a shot of her determined face, completely motionless with a dark face. Only after Rika asks her about how she knew we see her expression change to "Oh shit I messed up". Then she immediatly stands up to play it off. So it clearly looks like she only realised what she had done after Rika's question. The way she acted before that was simply her reaction to the punch she expected to happen.

It's weird things like that even have to be explained. Anyone could tell as much by simply watching the scene. You are the only one who interprets it to your liking, calling everyone else with common sense an idiot.

PlayMaker22 said:

ssjokg said:
Having ptsd vision and look terrified isnt either

AHAHAHAAHAH just when was this thing shown? FROM THE SHOT THAT WAS POSTED BY OTHER GUY? kek

You don't look triggered at all by writing like that. How dou you explain to yourself that nobody agrees with you and everyone interprets the scene differently from you? Is everyone else stupid? Or are you maybe to stubborn to accept the reality?

And yes, it was indeed shown. I can post the screenshots if you are to lazy to rewatch the scene. When Rika pulls out the box we get to see Satoko's vision and it's really shaky and blurred. You could describe it as PTSD vision. It's certainly meant to show how affected she is by the appearance of the box.
Same with looking terrified. Once she realises what's coming she goes wide eyed and instantly covers on the floor. That's like the definition of someone looking terrified unless you want to hear her sobbing as well.

Oh man I can't believe we are even arguing about this. Everyone except you feels that way about the scene and it's such a mild criticizm about Gou that I don't understand why you feel the need to defend the series that way. The only reason I am writing this is because I can't accept someone trying to be smart and insulting others while being the only one who can't tell realistic behavior from unrealistic one.
EragurFeb 1, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 1, 2021 8:49 PM
Sep 2020
Hulio said:
random_weirdo said:

People have been saying that Satoko simply scared Takano with something supernatural to make her quit.
lol the hell? that's stupid :D

Had already forgotten which author's message I was referring to yesterday, but guess it might have been this.
"When it comes to Mystery-Suspense stories, the distinction between an occult tale and a mystery tale is a major one. However, because the answers to virtually all stories in this realm follow boilerplate mystery tropes, readers are able to pigeonhole what is presented ("It's just another one of those mysteries, after all"), which has caused much of the genre's original appeal to be lost."
And on that Mr. R07, I think you should look back on what you've done..

Yep, I've seen some people saying that obviously Takano dropped her plan because Satoko scared her with something supernatural... sure, the occult freak who had a face down with a god. Scared because an 11 y/o showed her the glowy eyes.

Heh, nice quote. I won't pronounce myself until I've seen this through, though. I'm of half a mind that this is a parody of everything people consider Higurashi and mystery/gore stories to be.

Eragur said:
PlayMaker22 said:

All of the above, not to mention that the Punch in the Box only activated when Rika pressed a button. It's not like it would activate as soon as Rika brought the box out. So maybe Satoko's expression ought to have changed, but definitely not drop to the floor as if Rika had just asked her the difference between broccoli and cauliflower.

I think that what bothers me the most about the way they chose to reveal the villain is that it was done in a very lazy way. It's like the writers didn't have a good idea or enough time to pull a more intelligent reveal, so they just went for a way that made Satoko seem stupid. Compare that to OG, where we find out that Takano is the villain when the story switches to Tomitake's POV and we see her carrying out her plan in such an efficient manner. Or to the moment when Rika finally confirms Takano is the culprit, where it only happened because all the club members had joined efforts and complicated her plans, forcing her to put an end to things herself. That is, she had to reveal herself not because she did something stupid, but because Rika & co. were doing something smart.

If there's something I want to praise this episode on, it's the excellent atmosphere they built. While I have been dissatisfied with the way they make creepy scenes (e.g.: usoda scene), the tension and unsettling atmosphere throughout the whole episode was amazingly done. Seeing so much happy stuff happen, mixed with Satoko's "stay in Hinamizawa" messages, was keeping me at the edge of my screen. I was wondering all the time when someone was going to flip a switch in their head and start massacring Rika and everyone else, or when Satoko was going to drop her facade and show her true colors. I was actually looking at the time left, not because I was bored, but because I was thinking "Is this all there's going to be? Let's see how much time they have to make shit go south". So kudos for the direction of this episode.
Feb 1, 2021 8:55 PM
Oct 2020

No there is not. You can't just make up rules about when holding your head is a sign of being traumatized and when it isn't. It's not up to you to decide. The only reason we even talk about this is because you can't accept that you were wrong about her holding her head.

There is a substantial difference. To have a behavior in some way attributable to a trauma as MINIMUM you have to keep your head at least after the dodge. I can also accept that she was a holding her head shot at the end, but that's a very weak argument, because it is based on a single shot that is contradicted by the next. It made more sense for you to complain that the two shots aren't all that consequential. Stop making arbitrary sense of a single shot.

Can't get more nitpicky than arguing about if a fictional character was holding her head while laying on the floor or while lying down on the floor.

Using a single shot where Satoko was holding her head for literally 1 second while dodging as an argument to say the character was acting like that experience was traumatic is nitpicking as far as I'm concerned. Or at least a bullshit. You could very well say that you think the scene is exaggerated without adding that bullshit about ptsd and trauma and I wouldn't have told you anything. Instead, as usual, you have to exaggerate both the sense of the scene and the criticism itself, or even worse, start inventing things like a certain someone.

Nobody reacts to a incoming punch like that. Not even on reflex. You might duck, cringe or turn your back to avoid getting hit in the face by a soft glove but you don't go down on all fours and stay in that position for seconds. And if you'd try to protect yourself with your hands you'd put your hands in front of your face, to you know actually block the punch coming from the front. Holding the back of your head doesn't make sense, neither reflexively nor to actually protect yourself. All it does is make you look distressed which is one reason why a lot of people felt like she looked traumatized.

There are literally many ways in which the body reacts to a possible danger, the only thing you could be right about is that normally one does not get on all fours. Keeping one's head is a very typical behavior of children.

The shot I sent proves that you were wrong about her not holding her head. It's not intended to prove her being traumatized. You were trying to be a smartass about the scene so I corrected you on that. All your shot proves is that you didn't watch the scene thoroughly. It simply doesnt disprove that she overreacted.

Now don't try to change the meaning of the discussion. You wanted to show that Satoko acted as if she were traumatized by telling me that normally a character does not stand on the ground and does not hold his head. I sent you the shots where you clearly see that this whole thing about being traumatized was bullshit because in those shots she wasn't holding her head. So don't try to tell me your point wasn't that she looked traumatized BECAUSE that's EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE DISCUSSING.

Was she overreacting? Maybe
Was she acting like she was traumatized? Damn, no.

You'd argue that anything was natural behavior if it meant you won't have to admit that the scene (or Gou overall) isn't flawless.

But no it doesn't look like that at all. I could post screenshots but that's too much effort for such a meaningless discussion about nothing at all.
After a few seconds of laying down we get a shot of her determined face, completely motionless with a dark face. Only after Rika asks her about how she knew we see her expression change to "Oh shit I messed up". Then she immediatly stands up to play it off. So it clearly looks like she only realised what she had done after Rika's question. The way she acted before that was simply her reaction to the punch she expected to happen.

No you're right I was wrong. I have rewatched the scene, and it is easily explainable. When you act reflexively to dodge something you expect that something to blow. For example If a friend comes after you and moves as if he wants to hit your head, you instinctively protect yourself. But do you really think that right after you protect your head you get back to your old self in a matter of seconds lol? it is normal for him to remain in position waiting for the shot to blow lmao. But have you ever protected yourself in your life? Have you ever dodged something? Because the way you talk it seems like no
>It's weird things like that even have to be explained. Anyone could tell as much by simply watching the scene. You are the only one who interprets it to your liking, calling everyone else with common sense an idiot.
KEK.

You don't look triggered at all by writing like that. How dou you explain to yourself that nobody agrees with you and everyone interprets the scene differently from you? Is everyone else stupid? Or are you maybe to stubborn to accept the reality?

What a beautiful fallacy. Just because many people (you are only 4 in reality but ooook) claim something doesn't imply that it is right.If so, we should accept that the last episode was a hymn to pedophilia

And yes, it was indeed shown. I can post the screenshots if you are to lazy to rewatch the scene. When Rika pulls out the box we get to see Satoko's vision and it's really shaky and blurred. You could describe it as PTSD vision. It's certainly meant to show how affected she is by the appearance of the box.

Are you serious? I think you are the only one who has brought it back to a ptsd vision instead of a simple directorial choice to emphasize the box. But ok, at least this makes a bit more sense than your other arguments.

Same with looking terrified. Once she realises what's coming she goes wide eyed and instantly covers on the floor. That's like the definition of someone looking terrified unless you want to hear her sobbing as well.

We have moved beyond nitpicking and have reached completely new levels of overthinking. Of course there is a reflex expression, damn, it's obvious, no matter how serious the situation is. If you aim at a rubber band hand gun to someone you will be surprised by the reactions (and a rubber band does absolutely no harm). But even admitting that this isn't the case, the director must make a connection between the character and the object, certainly not create a reaction out of nowhere
This last part of your post is overthinking at its best.

Oh man I can't believe we are even arguing about this. Everyone except you feels that way about the scene and it's such a mild criticizm about Gou that I don't understand why you feel the need to defend the series that way.

Not only is it a mild criticism but it is also poorly written. This episode gave us a nice dialogue about happiness that many could empathizes with that and I constantly see comments on the "PTSD reaction1!1" or "the gun came out of nowhere1!1".

The only reason I am writing this is because I can't accept someone trying to be smart and insulting others while being the only one who can't tell realistic behavior from unrealistic one.

Yeah, keep changing the meaning of the discussion 30 times. I have explicitly said a lot of times that it is not the criticism itself that bothers me, but rather the people who EXAGGERATE (not evenSatoko's reaction hihihihi) the sense of the scene by adding arbitrary meanings. Then there is that ssjokg which is even worse and even starts creating arguments from nothing, and yes I can very well call him stupid. If you want to be a champion of justice I don't care

PlayMaker22Feb 1, 2021 9:05 PM
Feb 2, 2021 6:11 AM

May 2020
I like Higurashi, Umineko, RGD, Higanbana, Ciconia, Trianthology and Iwaihime. However this was a disappointment. It feels like a generic gore spectacle without any goal. Honestly I think Mei might end up having the better story although it's a gacha game.

Satoko is guaranteed to be a pawn, unless Ryuukishi wants to butcher her entire character. There is no real reason to Tie featherine into the story. In the Higurashi context we already fully know Hanyuus backstory from Kizuna and Sui (it looks like she will be the one responsible for Gou to me, or maybe Irie)

There is a problem that I'm seeing. A character being the culprit would end up becoming irredeemable. Ex. Hanyuu. Hanyuu is the one who makes Rika loop through time so isn't it possible that she could do the same to Satoko? If it does end up being Hanyuu it's going to be very disappointing. The sword Ouka used to kill her mother will probably be used again by Rika. Kinda making Hanyuus character worthless?

Honestly if they directly tie Umineko into Higurashi I believe the latter would loose some of its charm. Umineko wouldn't gain anything from it either. Characters similar to Lamabdelta and Bernkastel appear in RGD and Trianthology too, so I'm not sure how this bodes for them. Not everything has to tie into Umineko.

People just watching for the sake of a direct Umineko tie in would probably end up being disappointed, only a few references will be there at the most. Who knows? Ryuukishi might end up doing it.

It's kinda funny seeing people so amazed at seeing Amakusa. Since he plays a big role in Sui. Specifically in the Arc which Satoko survives the disaster.
ChargecoulombFeb 2, 2021 6:35 AM
Feb 2, 2021 7:39 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao if you haven't watched the Original you must be hella confused right now...

Evil Takano, Okonogi, Yamainu, Banken, Satoshi is alive and Now Satoko...
This is really coming out of nowhere..

Just like Takano said "I don't think you'd understand, even if i told you."
Feb 2, 2021 10:26 AM

Dec 2020
I'm gonna keep this as short as possible since this isn't going anywhere.

PlayMaker22 said:

To have a behavior in some way attributable to a trauma as MINIMUM you have to keep your head at least after the dodge.

Sounds like out of "psychology for dummies". Just because you don't see holding your head while lying down and staying on all fours for seconds as a sign of trauma doesn't mean that it doesn't look like a trauma to most people.

PlayMaker22 said:

Using a single shot where Satoko was holding her head for literally 1 second while dodging as an argument to say the character was acting like that experience was traumatic is nitpicking as far as I'm concerned."

Again this shot wasn't supposed to prove her trauma. It was supposed to prove your claim that there is no head holding at all wrong. The whole scene looks like a trauma, not just this single shot.

PlayMaker22 said:

There are literally many ways in which the body reacts to a possible danger, the only thing you could be right about is that normally one does not get on all fours. Keeping one's head is a very typical behavior of children.

Normally one doesn't hold their head if there is a punch coming from the front and normally you wouldn't get on all fours, right.

PlayMaker22 said:

Now don't try to change the meaning of the discussion. You wanted to show that Satoko acted as if she were traumatized by telling me that normally a character does not stand on the ground and does not hold his head.

Nope. As said above, said shot was a reaction to your claim. The whole scene however looks like an overreaction, similar to how a traumatized person would act, which was the point of the discussion you missed.

PlayMaker22 said:

For example If a friend comes after you and moves as if he wants to hit your head, you instinctively protect yourself. But do you really think that right after you protect your head you get back to your old self in a matter of seconds lol? it is normal for him to remain in position waiting for the shot to blow lmao.

No. I'd put my hands in front of my face instinctively. If nothing happens I'd put my hands down immediatly and check whats going on. We are talking about a friend pulling a prank on you, why would I act like someone was going to beat me down? And that's the whole point about her overreacting and looking traumatized, because she acts like seeing her abusive uncle take off his belt in order to whip her to the floor. It's just a soft punch by a glove.

PlayMaker22 said:

What a beautiful fallacy. Just because many people (you are only 4 in reality but ooook) claim something doesn't imply that it is right.

The majority isn't alwas right but when talking about what's normal behavior and what isn't then yes, the majority decides about that.

PlayMaker22 said:

Not only is it a mild criticism but it is also poorly written. This episode gave us a nice dialogue about happiness that many could empathizes with that and I constantly see comments on the "PTSD reaction1!1" or "the gun came out of nowhere1!1".

Yeah and you get mad about said criticism, congratz.

PlayMaker22 said:

I have explicitly said a lot of times that it is not the criticism itself that bothers me, but rather the people who EXAGGERATE (not evenSatoko's reaction hihihihi) the sense of the scene by adding arbitrary meanings.

And that's exactly the point you are not understanding. People were simply calling out bad directing, in that Satoko's reaction was too strong. Nobody was talking about the sense of that scene, everyone knows that she isn't really traumatized. You are the only one who makes such a fuss about such a simple form of criticism. Acting as if traumatized isn't the same as being traumatized, not that hard to understand.

Sure, you are free to insult whoever you want. When your goal was to behave like a child and fail to make anyone agree with you then you did great. What a pointless discussion. Just believe whatever you want, doesn't make this scene better.
EragurFeb 2, 2021 10:30 AM

Feb 2, 2021 9:55 PM

Oct 2012
Hah! I predicted there would be another looper back in episode 14 and it was getting pretty obvious that looper would be Satoko by the end of the last episode, with the random spurts of wisdom she was spouting, which Rika herself has done from time to time. And then, especially near the beginning of this episode, when Satoko said, "Don't ever leave this town, okay?" It was confirmed. Satoko telling her she hates this town last episode was a bit too spot on.

I'm going to guess that in the original timeline, Satoko saw Rika leaving the town as an undesirable result and did her own little reset.

And by the way, it makes sense why Rika would hate the town, but the only reason she went through hundreds of iterations was to save her friends and spend time with them, so I think her moving out, especially her strong reaction to moving out, which was never mentioned in the original series, seems to be a plot hole, or rewritten for the sake of this sequel. She had futures 5 years ago where not all of her friends made it, or that some of the group never met. And if all she wanted to do was to get out of Dodge, she could have easily taken one of those endings before even the original Higurashi even started.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 2, 2021 10:16 PM

Oct 2012
Eragur said:
What I am actually looking forward to (if it's going to be shown at all) are the solutions for the first three arcs. We know for certain now that Satoko was the culprit so now I'd like to see how it all played out. How did she stop Takano's plans, how did she get the syringes, how did she get both Rena and Keiichi into becoming paranoid (if it happened like that) how was she able to kill everyone without being noticed and so on. Also while her motivation seems to be to stop Rika from leaving Hinamizawa that's not really a good reason to kill Keiichi and the others. So there must have been someone who used Satoko's motive to torture Rika as much as possible. Most likely a certain Umineko witch.
You bring up some interesting points here. It could be that when Takano responds to Rika, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you", that she's referring to something Sakoto does behind the scenes. It's also quite possible that Sakoto let Keiichi into her house to take Teppei's blow for her, or something along those lines. But I don't think it's necessary to assume she directly caused the endings of all the prior arcs, since we know Takano's plan and the Hinamizawa Virus have still been in effect then.

I understand that Umineko is intricately linked to Higurashi (I haven't played Umineko beyond the first arc or read any of the source material of either), but I don't think they would randomly introduce one of these characters out of nowhere. Higurashi's new fans would be utterly confused. Even its old fans, who have just seen the anime but not played the VN, would be confused. It would seem like a terrible marketing move on their part. It's possible for an Umineko character to show up as a cameo to lead people who know about it on, but if they start introducing witches as part of the main plot, they would have a lot of explaining to do. Given the pacing so far, I'd doubt they could fit that in 24 episode, or even 48.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 2, 2021 10:18 PM
Oct 2020

Again this shot wasn't supposed to prove her trauma. It was supposed to prove your claim that there is no head holding at all wrong. The whole scene looks like a trauma, not just this single shot.

Again, don't conveniently ignore part of the discussion. I posted those shots to demonstrate the fact that all this traumatic acting of hers isn't there. It was your message, not someone else's. You still don't understand that what I criticize is the exaggeration with which you write your criticism. When from a single shot you start making mental journeys creating arbitrary meanings you understand that it is a bad criticism. This is fully demonstrated in the last part of your previous message where you tryhard to prove your points with pathetic arguments. Isn't it enough to say that it is an exaggerated scene without having to put ptsd trauma pedophilia and other bullshit in the middle?
Then again, you still don't understand that IN ORDER TO PROVE THAT SOMEONE'S BEHAVIOR IS TRAUMATIC, THAT SOMETHING HAS TO BEHAVE IN THAT WAY OR AT LEAST SOMETHING SIMILAR? Whether or not she is traumatized does not matter to the discussion.
The discussion became useless from the moment you deliberately changed the meaning of the discussion.

PlayMaker22Feb 2, 2021 10:23 PM
Feb 3, 2021 1:17 AM

May 2020
Satakos PTSD thing is weird. Her reaction was way too extreme. Probably a product of horrible directing. Just imagine how she would react to Takano.

I'm surprised Rika is still in one piece. She never remembered Takano killing her, even in Minagoroshi where she willingly stayed conscious.(Hanyuu probably messed with her Memories)

But she does remember Satoko performing watanagishi on her. That would give someone much much worse PTSD.

Rika should just use Teppei to get rid of Satoko. Get rid of Rina and wait for everything to fall into place.
ChargecoulombFeb 3, 2021 1:24 AM
Feb 3, 2021 10:03 AM

Dec 2020
PlayMaker22 said:

I posted those shots to demonstrate the fact that all this traumatic acting of hers isn't there.

You still don't understand that what I criticize is the exaggeration with which you write your criticism. When from a single shot you start making mental journeys creating arbitrary meanings you understand that it is a bad criticism.

Isn't it enough to say that it is an exaggerated scene without having to put ptsd trauma pedophilia and other bullshit in the middle?

You didn't demonstrate anything though. What you posted and argued didn't prove anything besides that you don't see her lying on the floor as "looking traumatized" while everyone else who commented on this scene does.

I didn't exaggerate anything either. And I am sure I wrote at least three times that I didn't say she looked traumatized because of the head holding but because of the scene as a whole. And again, you are the only one who has a problem with that.

I explained why ssjokg called said scene "ptsd-vision". Im sure a lot of people would agree that it looked that way. You are the only one who rages about if you call it a "traumatized looking overreaction" or a "strong overreaction". Nobody else differentiates like that because guess what it doesn't change what the criticism is about.

But sure keep being mad about people disliking the scene if it's so important to you. I won't change your opinion and you won't change the opinion of everybody else.
EragurFeb 3, 2021 10:08 AM

Feb 3, 2021 8:53 PM

Dec 2014
huh, I wonder if
... either way I don't know how Satoko would be getting her hands on the H173 each new timeline or even be aware of its existence in the first place

shoutout to the guys who called the Satoko looper theory from epsiode 4 though lmao. Of course it was too obvious for it to be Takano again
LeMastaFeb 3, 2021 9:05 PM
Feb 4, 2021 5:15 AM

May 2020
If I remember correctly,

Rika in the original arcs was not looping through time. She was jumping from one Kakera to another. Sort of like dimension jumping. Which Hanyuu was responsible for. At her peak she could take Rika back decades, but by the Matsubiriyashi she had weakened to the point she could only do a few weeks.

If Hanyuu is gone, I guess that means witch shenanigans, or maybe even Tamurahime? She's the one responsible for Mei.

Actually isn't Tamura more likely to be responsible for the looping? She is a god, and has a rivalry with Hanyuu. Haven't re read Hou recently but if Hanyuu's territory is Hinamaizawa Tamura's territory is the rest of the Japan.

If gou is really an advertisement for Mei then it would actually make sense. Maybe they'll introduce Nao, Miyuki and Rena's half sister. Then again Mei also had monsters so probably not.

Still... It's interesting how much of the artstyle and design is similar to Mei. Honestly you could pass Gou as cutscenes for Mei.
ChargecoulombFeb 4, 2021 5:48 AM
Feb 5, 2021 4:29 AM

Mar 2009
I can't remember the last time I've seen an anime on MAL generate so many text walls.

It was obvious Satoko was the other looper, if it wasn't obvious already in the last episode's drawn out torture scene. Not sure why. Is she doing this to save her brother? Or is it simply because she wants Rika to stay? If so, pretty lame.

Unless this isn't even the same Satoko we know.
Feb 6, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2008
So it's been Satoko all along? Ugh this show keeps making my head spin.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.