Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 1, 2016 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
apparently, no one is even a bit sane here. that could go really well...
Nov 3, 2016 5:27 PM

Nov 2015

 So this episode was all about Celty!
 Well, no surprise that despite her appearance she's a normal women inside. It's just that she can't fully express herself. Also, the addition of the voice is very appreciated. It would have been boring otherwise jaja.

 While she was being...dissected... the way she healed her wounds... that reminds be of:

 Could it be that Shinra is into her?

 It's amazing! So far I don't dislike any character, in fact, I love them all!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was 'cute' when Celty got mad and went to her room xD
Nov 17, 2016 10:09 PM

Sep 2013
motoko09 said:
Someone could tell me what's the purpose of this anime ?
I am loosing interest in this weird story T__T

Meh...same here. I'm still not too impressed. I hope an actual plot begins soon. And the ED sucks. Sound like old 90s era boy bad stuff...blech

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 23, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2014
Interesting backstory episode about headless rider Celty.
Feb 2, 2017 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
Another great episode .
Good to know more about Celty . She's lika an actual dullahan . Her relationship with Shinra is unusual but really sweet and unique . I like how Shinra, after that much time with her, was drawn to her due to her unique presence and being different from what you see everyday, and How he finds her beautiful even though she can't find her head . It's weird but sweet at the same time .
May 16, 2017 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
episode feels out of place. i don't know what the show is about yet and i'm getting some weird back story about a character who i thought was intended to be mysterious
Oct 25, 2017 7:54 PM

Apr 2009
i am pretty confused as to where this series is heading. i do thoroughly enjoy the backtracking and linking that the story is doing though, it is keeping me entertained.
Feb 24, 2018 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Guess I was right about the Headless Rider being a female.
I loved getting to know Celty's background, the VA for her is also perfect, I remember her voice from Bakemonogatari (Kanbaru, Suruga)

Kinda effed up from his father to dissect something immediatly simply because it's unknown to us humans, let alone let his son dissect her aswell.
Mar 31, 2018 6:47 PM

Sep 2017
Just an okay backstory. I am happy that the piss poor ridiculousness from the previous episode did not show up in this episode.

Anyway, I hope they put out better episodes. This is a filler, no matter how you look at it. There was no chemistry between Celty and that doctor either.

I don't think there is anything interesting in this anime. I am questioning the purpose of my existence every time I watch an episode of this. I would rate this "-1".
JeremiahOrangeMar 31, 2018 6:52 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 26, 2018 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
okay backstory, wasnt totally interested in this one
Aug 10, 2019 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
Aww, I liked the fact that we didn't know who the headless rider was :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Aug 14, 2019 4:09 AM

May 2016
I didn't expect that Celty would be an old-fashioned Irish spirit that has migrated into Japan in search of her missing head after decades of just doing the only thing she knew how to do. It's actually very interesting that a folklorish creature like her would even think about getting along with the times and putting a modern twist to her legend. Not to mention that her figure's stunning as well so I hope that her head didn't rot away while it was away from her body.

For Shinra, it might've been a case of him not caring about Celty's condition because he got used to it or him deliberately not wanting her to get her head back because she might end up going away from him once she does. I hope that he's not seeing her as a guinea pig like his father suggested her to be.

Apr 23, 2020 10:55 PM

Feb 2018
Celty flashback story. Ma, she's a ghost without head.
May 2, 2020 6:03 AM

Nov 2018
Headless Horseman legend in anime?I don't really like myths, fairytales of other nations than Japan being in anime.It usually seems odd and unfitting like in Magi(but that's one of the worst examples IMO).
I hate everyone equally
May 2, 2020 6:11 AM

Nov 2018
I don't like where plot is going at all.
Oh,it's actually created by the same person who created Baccano.I see why it looks so similar in style.This main story crossed with supernatural things worked fine in Baccano, but this very anime called Durarara just looks like a reused Baccano with no horror elements...
I hope it will get better and find its own style later on.

Edit: nevermind, I'm dropping it, this backstory is too nonsensical and awfully written.
ZevvenMay 2, 2020 6:21 AM
I hate everyone equally
May 7, 2020 2:13 AM

Apr 2013
So is this just a collection of loosely connected stories or will there be a bigger proper plot? Might just be a huge bunch of setup episodes though.
Dec 9, 2020 3:22 PM

May 2016
Loved the backstory to Celty and the voice actress is also one of my favorites
I couldn't have asked for more.
Jun 16, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2017
Celty's backstory? I didn't expect someone to voice her, its a good addition.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 5, 2021 4:17 AM

May 2020
Got to see a bit about Celty's past, and Sawashiro Miyuki's voice is quite fitting for her.
Jun 8, 2022 3:31 AM

Feb 2021
Shinra, an underground/illegal doctor has been introduced and he lives with Celty Sturluson, the mysterious headless rider. He's a lucky guy...

We finally get to hear her 'narrated voice' since she can't really speak.

We get to know more of her characteristics. Apparently, she's a type of fairy called dullahan by Celtic lore. I wonder if she was born human but something happened to her or if she just teleported/spawned into this world.

Honestly, didn't expect this series to go so supernatural. I was thinking she was some sort of failed experiment or smth.

Looks like her main goal is to find back her head. Also, Shinra knew her since he was 4. He's the reason she was able to come to Japan.

I think all the people who have been shown till now are somehow connected to the head.

Also, I have a theory what if the girl who's apparently the lover/gf of Seiji Yagiri the dropout kid, has her head. We have been shown the scar on her neck. What if that is Celty's real head? maybe her head attached itself to a random decapitated body or maybe that girl 'took' Celty's head and attached it to herself? Idk she seems sus. Her name isn't even shown in the opening.

Aug 12, 2022 4:10 AM

May 2018
Gigachad son carves up legendary woman's body at 4am
Aug 28, 2022 2:42 PM
Mar 2021
it cleared up a lot about the relationship and history of Celty and the scientist dude and what her main goal is at the moment
Nov 5, 2022 5:12 AM
Apr 2020
It was good and I enjoyed it.
Dec 8, 2022 6:53 PM
May 2020
Celty just wants to look for her head
Dec 31, 2022 3:16 PM
May 2020
quite literally looking for the missing piece of her existence lol
Mar 21, 2023 3:43 PM

Feb 2018
Quite a lot of information in this episode.
Certainly makes Celty a more of an intriguing character.
Nov 26, 2023 5:51 AM

Apr 2019
how many times do they need to show a certain scene again and again and again

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Feb 25, 2010

299 by GARDENIAISONLINE »»
Yesterday, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

300 by GARDENIAISONLINE »»
May 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.