Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 12, 2010 3:27 PM

Sep 2009
I´ll follow this one. Besides, it´s just 12 episodes..
Jan 13, 2010 7:58 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Very strange way to do a first episode. That said, I'm pretty interested, even though I don't care for vampires. They managed to say all the of the things that a lot of modern vampire properties say (we made some of the myths up to keep us in the shadows) but in a way that didn't feel dull, so props for that.

Hopefully this will be more enjoyable than Vampire Knight.
So far the beginning does not look better than Vampire Knight...they better pick up in this #2 episode. Vampire Knight had a nice beginning so far for me but I have to see all of it.
Oosran said:
BitchMaster said:
Oosran said:
Vampires, gather courage and come into the light! ヽ( ´∀`)ノ
To die?
Well not sunlight, of course, just.. Light.. Like.. Spotlights?
Vampires are already coming...look at all the crappy vampire clubs out there....the internet looks to be full of that stuff and also some books about how to become them...crazy world I would say and glad I am at my farm calmly around a bubble so to speak.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 13, 2010 3:15 PM

Feb 2009
I think the way they introduced the story does not make it justice, which worried me. How much are they going to butcher it? So cruel! This is one of my favorite vampire story to mess it up like that!
Jan 13, 2010 7:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:
Very strange way to do a first episode. That said, I'm pretty interested, even though I don't care for vampires. They managed to say all the of the things that a lot of modern vampire properties say (we made some of the myths up to keep us in the shadows) but in a way that didn't feel dull, so props for that.

Hopefully this will be more enjoyable than Vampire Knight.
So far the beginning does not look better than Vampire Knight...they better pick up in this #2 episode. Vampire Knight had a nice beginning so far for me but I have to see all of it.

You must be kidding me, Vampire Knight anime was so shitty I can't even describe it lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 14, 2010 8:10 AM

Mar 2009
It was interesting I guess.

Jan 14, 2010 2:26 PM

Feb 2008
First 20 minutes were boring, last 4 minutes were interesting. I'll see how things will go in the following episodes.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 14, 2010 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
Wtf. Seriously, this show SUCKS!!! Everything about it is terrible... I wouldn't even bother to write a review, but I just had to say that a fucking child's body is NOT a fucking sexual object!!! What the hell!? I know that Japan has more 'liberal' standards of what is deemed an appropriate age for sexual pursuit, but I think it is pretty sick to advertise a prepubescent girl's body as sexually desirable. I just find it bizarre. That kind of shit is illegal in my country. We don't have a nice word like lolicon to describe it: we call it pedophilia.

Anyway, I'm all for freedom of press and all, but still wtf. One of the things I don't like about anime, and I really like anime... but this is disappointing. Oh yeah, and the rest of the show sucked balls too.
Jan 14, 2010 4:09 PM

Apr 2009
Dissapointing first episode.
Expected more because of the manga.
zzz

Jan 14, 2010 5:28 PM

Aug 2009
Why has this thread gone to such shit? I like the first episode and the way it was structured, but I haven't read the manga, so it's not like I could have been disappointed...but come on, people. Even if I were in the same boat as you, I would have some standards to refrain from complaining about lolicon and other tiny / pointless topics from the series. Someone could have actually been interested in watching the anime, and 90% of the comments here believed that this actually decent series ( both as a manga and anime ) isn't worth it.
Jan 15, 2010 8:35 AM

May 2007
Zubatuba said:
Wtf. Seriously, this show SUCKS!!! Everything about it is terrible... I wouldn't even bother to write a review, but I just had to say that a fucking child's body is NOT a fucking sexual object!!! What the hell!? I know that Japan has more 'liberal' standards of what is deemed an appropriate age for sexual pursuit, but I think it is pretty sick to advertise a prepubescent girl's body as sexually desirable. I just find it bizarre. That kind of shit is illegal in my country. We don't have a nice word like lolicon to describe it: we call it pedophilia.

Anyway, I'm all for freedom of press and all, but still wtf. One of the things I don't like about anime, and I really like anime... but this is disappointing. Oh yeah, and the rest of the show sucked balls too.
You better prepare yourself then.
You are bound to stumble on more of these types of anime.
Jan 15, 2010 4:15 PM

Oct 2009
Ryushi said:
That made me lol.
You expect the show to be serious, and shit, and then you expect for it to drop being serious and start with mindless fanserive?
lol

Heh, I don't really care if the show takes itself seriously or not, but is it too much to ask for it not to suck ass? That game show shit was a retarded idea and painful to watch. The reason I expect gratuitous fanservice is because it was in the manga, obviously, and that would be one very easy and obvious way to make up for the disaster that was the first episode.
Jan 16, 2010 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
I don't really read manga, so I will not judge this based on that.

The first episode was not "epic" but it does have me interested enough to see what the second one will bring.

Plus I'm kinda burned out on the whole "romantic" story lines in anime and am looking forward to something a little dark and twisted. I have not had one of those since Pet Shop of Horrors.
Jan 16, 2010 8:23 PM

Jun 2008
My only thought - THIS MINA LOOKS ADORABLE.
Jan 17, 2010 12:12 AM

Apr 2009
Mina looks cool. might be another character added to my current obsessions list
(depends if I see some more scenes with her. :3)

I shivered after finishing this ep. Lots of blood. :D

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Jan 17, 2010 5:15 PM

Apr 2009
Not impressed. It was a bit dull and from what people are saying, nothing like the manga. Stick to the good stuff SHAFT!

That (pretend) Queen of the Vampires had weightless breasts at one point. 0_o
Jan 21, 2010 2:34 AM

Oct 2009

DAT FACE
makes me want to shoot myself
Jan 21, 2010 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
The first impression is very good! Liked!!
Jan 22, 2010 4:14 AM

May 2008
argilium said:
i knew SHAFT is going to pull off something like this.. i'd say i was amazed by this episode.. so much so, that i'll be rating the show a 10 for a now..

they started out with a tv show dealing about whether vampires are true or not.. i like their arguments here and it was all kinda realistic.. then, while more and more people agree that vampire's existence is false, those that i think are the main chars butted in and when they showed an artifact which is a vampire's hand, one of the guests, who is an actor from a popular vampire movie from their world, snatched it and revealed himself to be a real vampire.. the audiences and other guests panicked at the sight of what they were all claiming to be false, the very existence of vampires, was actually true.. then, Mina defeated the vampire that attacked everyone and announced in television that she is the ruler of all vampires and that she established a vampire bund at the piece of land she was pointing at..

i'm amazed at how SHAFT pulled this off.. i've never seen an introduction like this even though i have watched a lot of stuff already.. i've read the first chapter of the manga after watching this and while it's also very good, i've seen those kind of intros before, not to mention i was bit bothered at mina tepes' nudist tendencies.. that would be a bit hard to show on television..

manga readers, i know most of you are not delighted because they did not do a faithful adaptation.. but if i were in your shoes, i could be a bit happier instead coz they made an adaptation that tells the story in a different perspective.. that's like a new material.. haha.. it seems i'm applying what i've learned from Seitokai no Ichizon's ep 1, "Understanding the differences in media."..

i just hope they don't mess it around now too much and perhaps give the proper introduction in ep2.. by the way this is going, we might have a 2nd season since there would be only 12 episodes.. but it's ok.. the manga is ongoing, too, anyway..

I agree Totaly to the entire quote to what argilium said.
Jan 22, 2010 5:49 AM

Dec 2007
Well that was certainly an interesting way to start off an anime. I haven't read the manga so going into it that was not what I expected. That's pretty much all I got out of the first episode.
Jan 22, 2010 5:51 AM

Apr 2008
It's sorta ironic that the trailer for the show had more manga faithful material from the first chapter than this so called first episode >_>
Jan 23, 2010 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
I just have to say this right now about what I saw in this episode.

I have never in all my life been so unable to look, hear, or even think of an anime character in such a way that made me wish they would explode right then and there than that old, obnoxious ugly actress in the beginning tv show.

Most surprisingly irritating moment in anime for me EVER.

Other than that, and I never read the manga, thought the episode was pretty ok. :)
Jan 24, 2010 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
So what if its not like the manga, its still pretty good.
Jan 25, 2010 7:03 PM
Apr 2009
a vampire turns to a chameleon?
lol~
Feb 5, 2010 5:37 AM
Jun 2009
That was painful.
Feb 27, 2010 8:48 PM
Jul 2009
wow, so disappointed...

it had nothing to do with the manga.

bad art.

bad everything.

such a let down...
Mar 9, 2010 8:58 PM

Jul 2007
Well, that wasn't too bad but I do hope it gets better.
Apr 13, 2010 3:26 AM
Aug 2009
It's horrible. When I saw her name, Mina Tepes, I thought it will be something connected with real, proud vampires.

But right now, it's only poor parody.
Jul 2, 2010 9:04 PM

Oct 2007
Man... the people I wanted dead didn't die :[

I wanted the (ugly) weird woman to get owned at first just for being ugly, then I want that old man to get owned for being such a stubborn noob... but in the end the model got owned :[

And whaaat! no naked blonde twintail loli? poop :[
Jul 6, 2010 11:30 PM

May 2010
WTF is wrong with you people? This was a great episode, do you lack any sense of humor?
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 9, 2010 2:15 PM
Apr 2010
?...
Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 12, 2010 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
What are you guys talking about? This episode was a win for me. I haven't seen anything like this where they make it like you're watching a television game or something in the first episode. It was very creative I gotta admit.

So Vampires are real and now they showed themselves to the public aswell as making an area only for themselves, oh okay. We also get this hot girl, idk if she's loli or not, claiming to be the ruler of the vampires and seemed to fell in love with that guy that got interviewed, yea I think I can keep up.
Nov 17, 2010 8:09 AM

Feb 2010
Not a fan of Loli... but I <3 vampire & apocalyptic anime....

I thought this first episode was interesting... I liked it.

I haven't read the manga--- so maybe that's why this episode didn't piss me off....

Very interesting....
Nov 18, 2010 12:45 PM
Jan 2010
Even though I'm practically watching this for the Rachel Alucard-lookalike, I just couldn't help noticing how terrible the animation was. I know it's is from SHAFT, but even their usual powerpoint presentations work better than this.
Jan 17, 2011 4:14 PM

Jan 2011
Really, I don't think I've ever seen an episode as horribly lame as this one in any show whatsoever. And don't get me wrong, I loved the series, but... I think that guy in the first episode said exactly what I was thinking: "Why reveal yourselves on such a shitty programm?" Why, indeed? Couldn't they do it "True Blood" style or something?
Still, Mina was kickass enough to - sort of - save the day.
Apr 10, 2011 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
Boring almost entire episode...Got interesting in the end when Mina apeared.
So this is my ancerstor's succesor...Gosh...I'm gonna talk with Mina to make me a vampire too since are both from same country =)
Aug 1, 2011 5:10 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't expect it to have the talk show thing but anyway it was okay.
Sep 1, 2011 10:43 PM

Jul 2010
3 quarters of it was so boring, and than it finally got interesting. hopefully it will get better

Dec 29, 2011 9:14 AM

Dec 2009
I didn’t think it was that bad. Sure, it was mostly dialogue which wisent exactly sparkling and it seemed just to be setting up of the shows premise in its most basic form, but it was engaging enough and left me wanting to know more about this world and the characters.
Feb 10, 2012 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
The whole "TV show" was boring, and the only interesting parts were about the killings and Mina coming in (finally) to stop everything.

The lady, a.k.a comedian, judge with the blue dress and buck-teeth had to be one of the worst character designs I have ever seen in a series >___>

Anyways, I'm thoroughly interested now. Can't wait to watch more~
Oct 3, 2012 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
I suppose it should get some credit for doing something unusual with the fake TV show but it was very boring and I'd totally lost interest by the time the action scene happened. This put me in no mood to consider the melodramatic self-introduction by the loli vampire lead as anything other than ridiculous. Is that what it was going for? I can't even tell. This is a very weak opening.
Jan 26, 2013 1:04 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was interesting, first I was like dafuq I thought I was watching an Vampire Anime not a Game Show Anime lol... but than the shit started to develop and damn did it do a good job! Great first episode can't wait to see how the story develops and comes to it's end!

That ED sure is tempting.
Sep 30, 2013 2:44 AM

Apr 2012
Just no. Dropped.
Oct 18, 2013 9:41 AM

Jun 2011
I heard that this is not following the manga, and the first minute was boring, but it gets heated up very soon, their discussion ^^ After I was done with watching this episode, I thought "Wow this is interesting, a unique way to start the show".
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 18, 2013 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
Honestly the whole episode was people debating if vampires were real or not, I literally fell asleep to this. I wouldn't mind it if they had it for 5 minutes, not the entire episode(mostly). Overall, things did pick up after mina revealed herself. So i'll keep watching :)

Jul 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
last 5 minutes was good... the rest of it was pretty awful...
Jan 25, 2015 6:18 AM

Jan 2014
5/5 episode for its originality.

People who complain about this, go watch AoT over and over again so you don't "get bored".
Nov 25, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
What a strange first episode.
Jan 17, 2016 2:54 AM

Jan 2013
Never have I heard the word "Bund" before. Which apparently "A raised road or track across low or wet ground" or A wall surrounding an industrial fuel tank.
Neither make sense in the context of the title. Very strange indeed.

This episode wasn't too bad.
Jul 16, 2016 8:23 PM

Feb 2014
They said that they take care so much which blood they'll drink but at the end the loli vamp licked that chameleon(?) blood that splattered on her face...

Well.. whatever. I guess this was just that unnecessary fanservice where they all have to lick the victims blood.... -.-"
Jul 17, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty fucking boring. The part where he revealed himself as the vampire was pretty funny.

I'd say something about the ED, but at this point, I'd be surprised if there wasn't pedophile fanservice in a Shaft show.

2/5

NostalgiaDrive94 said:
5/5 episode for its originality.

People who complain about this, go watch AoT over and over again so you don't "get bored".

lol
D-ohnutsJul 17, 2016 10:49 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

170 by Ronninn »»
May 29, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

181 by Ronninn »»
May 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Feb 4, 2010

156 by Ronninn »»
May 28, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

234 by Ronninn »»
May 27, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.