Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 12, 2014 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Wait what...that's it? XD! Did SB not sell well? Ahhh I want a second season >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 13, 2014 4:02 AM

Feb 2014
WTF kind of ending was that?! The entire episode was going normally as if the show was going to continue, then it's as if during the last 2 mins they suddenly realized "fuck! this is the last episode!" and sloppily tried to wrap everything up with that montage. Yet another anime with a "read the manga" ending.
Sep 27, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
It's over and I want more! =/
Really, how come there is no more seasons of it?! The manga it's on chapter 215 and it seems the sales are good. Kyoko was so funny all the time I loved her inner demons! lol
I didn't read the manga but for the images I have seen it got pretty interesting, makes me sad to see that there's so many animes that are not so good like this one that have many seasons and we only had 25 episodes of SB....
8/10
Oct 3, 2014 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! EXTRA OPEN ENDING!! Such a big dicktease, one of the biggest I've felt in a long time... Fuuuuuuck me.

Welp, because of that last episode, that's how I thought it would end. But I still had so much hope, it just crush my heart :'(

At least, Ren seem to have made a few realisations. BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH!! I WANTED A CONFESSION AND/OR A KISS!! Ugh, why can't I watch romance that get a damn conclusion? Now, I'll have to read a manga and wait every 1/2/4 week(s) to know the following. With Fall season starting plus the college, it's just too much to think about...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 5, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2009
I rewatched the entire anime today and I still can't believe that this masterpiece hasn't got a second season yet. I watched the anime for the first time when it was actually airing. At the end I always thought: I will wait for the next season before starting with the manga.
IT HAS BEEN TO DAMN LONG PEOPLE. I had to actually rewatch everything so that I can start with the manga at volume 11.

PLEASE. DO. MAKE. A. SECOND. SEASON. ONEGAI SHIMASU.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 18, 2015 12:49 PM
Aug 2014
Why is there no second season for this great show? Where they expecting one when making the final episode; because without it it's a rather poor one.
Mar 21, 2015 2:18 PM

Nov 2014
Does anyone know from Manga or whaever, how will the relationships develop, since the Shoutarou clearla had feelings for her, but anime didint offer a solid conclusion.
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Mar 24, 2015 1:02 AM

Aug 2012
kosay said:
Does anyone know from Manga or whaever, how will the relationships develop, since the Shoutarou clearla had feelings for her, but anime didint offer a solid conclusion.

Trust me, the manga is SO FREAKEN GOOD. Even better than the anime. There is definitely more character development and the relationships deepen. It's also even more hilarious than the anime. You should DEFINITELY read the manga. It's one of the best shojos ever. #1 recommendation guaranteed.
Mar 27, 2015 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
M00nRise said:
kosay said:

Trust me, the manga is SO FREAKEN GOOD. Even better than the anime. There is definitely more character development and the relationships deepen. It's also even more hilarious than the anime. You should DEFINITELY read the manga. It's one of the best shojos ever. #1 recommendation guaranteed.

Thank you :) But, that really dosent give me the anwser i need. :/
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Mar 28, 2015 10:54 PM

Aug 2012
kosay said:
M00nRise said:

Thank you :) But, that really dosent give me the anwser i need. :/

Well, in the manga,

and for Ren,

Hope that gives you an idea on what there's to come in the manga.
Mar 31, 2015 10:21 AM

Nov 2014
Yes, thank you! :) This is kinda suprising that she isint in relationship with anyone so far. I hope Shou will win :3
This has been informative and helpful. Thanks. :)
Mar 31, 2015 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
kosay said:
Yes, thank you! :) This is kinda suprising that she isint in relationship with anyone so far. I hope Shou will win :3
This has been informative and helpful. Thanks. :)

You're welcome n_n
May 25, 2015 12:30 PM
Jun 9, 2015 2:03 PM

Jun 2010
One of the crappiest ending ever!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2015 10:24 AM

Jun 2012
It was going very well and they had to end it. Hoping for a second season. As much as I hated the art style, the story was spectacular at points. 7/10.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Sep 7, 2015 11:44 PM

Jan 2011
yoite- said:
One of the crappiest ending ever!

Ya i'll side with this. It's so painfully obvious there is more story but they needed to put a cap on it.

This may be an instance where I'm forced to read the manga because what the shit. I'm just now watching this and it's been years. 2nd season is not going to happen.

8/10 however
Feb 17, 2016 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
Ughh....SO CLOSE!!! Turn around Tsuruga, go back to heeer! Even my heart started to skip beats waiting for that confession moment, I feel so let down. Well on the bright side, Tsuruga and Kyouko and have realized their feelings for each other and, even if they didn't become a couple, it's only a matter of time. I would still love a second season, but looking at the time gap it seems nigh unlikely.

I'd been meaning to watch this for a while, admittedly this turned out to be one of those "Why didn't I watch sooner?" series. Kyouko was pure hilarity and it was a pleasure to watch both her antics as well as her growth. Even despite the ending leaving far more to be desired, she came a long way and it demonstrates how she was able to finally escape Sho's shadow to live for herself. I like the romance but my favorite moments had to be when she was getting along with Moko.

The acting aspect of the show really resonated with me the most. As an aspiring actor myself, there were many moments in which I could relate to Kyouko such as trying to understand a character better or concerns with show business. Most of all, I really like how she described acting as an opportunity for her to learn more about who she is. To discover the true Kyouko. In some respects, it makes me appreciate the art even more.

And speaking of acting, I finally picked this up because I wanted more of Inoue Marina. I really like how she handled Kyouko, there was definitely versatility between her kind, gentle side and the wrathful, vengeful devil within.

8/10
Mar 22, 2016 8:14 PM

Apr 2013
Hey yo fuck that ending. Also what chapter in the manga does this continue?

7/10
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Mar 26, 2016 9:37 PM

Dec 2009
JFC, where is season 2?!?!?! I'm gonna read the manga.....starting....NOW! 8/10 rating from me. Would have given a 10/10 for a better ending. When I say better ending, I don't mean romance. I mean closure on Kyoko and Sho and closure on how Dark Moon the movie ended up.

I was really hoping Kyoko and Ren would end up together, but that's not the ~entire~ reason I dropped it a whole two points.

I watched this in two days, unable to stop. So honestly, the ending was a bit disappointing for me. Hopefully the manga will make me think otherwise~ <3
Mar 29, 2016 5:54 AM
Nov 2015
This and Kare Kano top all shoujou animes and top all where-is-the-rest ending.
Jul 3, 2016 3:06 PM
Jun 2013
I loved this anime! The characters, the story, the comedy...so much fun watching this.
This not having a second season is complete evil and torture (one of worse things about the anime industry; they do this a lot...). So without the closure, because the ending is important, I gotta shave a point off.
9/10
Who knows though....If Berserk can come back, maybe this has a chance. Fingers crossed.
Jul 10, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2015
That was such a bad way to end it! I'd have given it a 10/10 if that weren't the case! 〴⋋_⋌〵
Sep 4, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
Nooooo. How is this ending possible without a season 2 :S.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 25, 2016 1:37 AM

Jan 2010
I really like Skip Beat. It manages to be both fun and smart, showing off its characters ini a multitude of situations, always retaining its comedic, high energy atmosphere while still acknowledging unspoken implications of its characters' thoughts and actions. I think this is best portrayed in Kyoko's character, who exists as an interesting set piece within the show's framework. At base, she's a stubborn, hotheaded, spiteful, yet generally upbeat, kind, and hardworking despite being easily provoked into a fight. A straight forward character in terms of leads, but done unusually well due to the energy she brings to each scene. This is then amazingly twisted up when it comes to her acting, which bring forth a new variety of personalities she can portray. Through the course of the series, she has played a traditional Japanese woman of nobility, a frolicking-in-the-fields happy school girl, a condenscending-yet-caring older sister, a buttmonkey mascot, a remorseful murderer-turned villain, and now the character of Mio, whose prideful aura could give certain inflated egos a run for their money.

You also now have the character of Ren, who is struggling to even approach Kyoko at this point. One significant observation he made was how he realized he faked his emotions throughout his life. In the context of Skip Beat, it makes me want to go back and rewatch his scenes to see which parts he was being genuine or fake. I've seen the type of characters whom is dishonest to themselves with regards to their emotions, but seeing one that's aware of this trait is quite refreshing.

On top of all this, I've greatly enjoyed watching the character play their roles, then take their acting skills and use them in real life, intentional or otherwise. It's then even more fun to imagine their seiyuu trying to act as characters acting as other characters. Or, at times, act as characters acting as another character while unintentionally channeling another personality altogether. Acting and theatrics seem to easily blend lines of fiction together, and it's always fascinating to pick apart such works to see how they work.

But, alas, it's now over with no continuation in sight. I'm disappointed to not be able to see Ren in action after he just started to figure himself out, but I suppose that's a good in thing in a way. I really do want to continue watching Skip Beat, as I watched each episode earnestly wanting to know more about the characters. That's probably the best compliment I could give this show. I really want to see more of it.
Nov 22, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2009
The ending is indeed disappointing, because this was prolly the worst possible point to end the show. There is literally no closure to any new development, instead they open new doors and telling you to read the source material if you want more.

I still love it, even though I hate when there is no satisfying end. 9/10
Dec 28, 2016 6:28 PM

Jun 2011
This show, this show is so dang good! I wished it had a second season back when I first watched it, and I still wish that a sequel will come eventually, especially considering that that scene did happen not too long from where the anime ended. Shippers would have gone crazy if the anime did get to that part.

Time to catch up with the manga!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 16, 2017 5:52 AM

Oct 2012
Kyouko in Bo costume is the best Kyouko
"WHY?" "AMIGO" xD
Not to mention she's pretty dense

I was expecting a better ending and not leaving me hanging with unsolved problem :(

Shame there's no 2nd season
Well, time to read the manga
"Signature removed"
Jun 11, 2017 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
The end ruined it all or it wouldve been a 9 even 10 perhaps (first shoujo i considered rating s 10)

Gahh :/ guess the manga continues ? Maybe i just buy the mangas...

I mean we all saw where it was heading so was at least hoping to see the play and a romantic end :(

8/10
Jun 19, 2017 8:03 AM
Jun 2016
What chapter on manga did the anime end please help!
Sep 18, 2017 8:28 AM

Jan 2010
Noooooo! I didn't want it to end! I wanted to watch Kyouko grow more as an actress and upstage her rivals. She's such an amazing and powerful character - all her acting scenes were so intense, she thinks with her own head and always finds a way. Waaah, I'm definitely reading the manga and I hope we get a remake series or something one day.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Nov 5, 2017 1:35 PM
Nov 2017
Any word on a season 2? Idk how many times I can rewatch this anime without dying at the end because it's a major cliffhanger!!! I want to read the mangas but at the same point I would rather sign a petition on a second or even 3rd season. I know they are making a blu-ray version of this with English cast and extras, but damn second season please!!! Ugh! 9/10. Would have been a 10+ had they kept going. I'm so in love with Ren. When will the production company, & author take a look at our demands to make a few more seasons out of the blistering pain they left us in with no continuance.
Jan 18, 2018 6:16 PM
Mar 2014
This was a sad ending. More so the fact that we never got to see what Ren's realization leads him to do. They needed to finish that scene off at least and it's been almost a decade since the anime aired so you know that there's no second season after that teaser! Dang :/
Mar 30, 2019 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
aaaaand another one ends without an ending.
i'm starting to get fed up with adaptations that exist only to sell manga/light novels
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 30, 2019 4:10 PM

Sep 2017
I NEED MORE. The beginning of this thread started TEN YEARS AGO! and yet there still hasn't been a season two?!
Guess i'll read the manga.
Apr 13, 2020 9:58 AM
Nov 2014
Wow, classic Shoujo Ai/Yuri Anime ending in a hetero romance show.

You need to watch all the Shoujo Ai/Yuri shows that are aimed at romance. Sometime around the 5th or 6th one you'll get accustomed to shows ending after the first arc of the manga or in the middle of an arc. Don't think I ever saw one that had a real ending.

I hope Skip Beat! gets the Fruits Basket treatment and gets a reboot, because I don't think that they're gonna make a second season after 12 years.
Apr 20, 2020 1:39 AM
Sep 2015
Binged the whole season in two days. It’s been years since the first time watching Skip beat rewatching it now gave me such a nostalgic feel from when I first got into anime. So sad they never made a season 2. I will definitely start reading the manga. This reminds me of how much I love shoujo anime/manga.
May 25, 2020 7:04 PM

Dec 2011
THAT'S HOW IT ENDS?

Literally when things are just starting to get good. I feel so sorry for anime only fans. I've read the manga but never watched the adaptation until now. Oh my god I didn't even realize it's been 12 years, this beauty deserves more. Binging it is so much more emotionally fulfilling than reading it monthly, I came here bc I'm preparing for a reread and wondered how bringing these characters to life looked. It was so much fun and I fell in love with them all over again! I'm surprised by the English dub, it was magnificent, everyone completely nailed their character.

Maybe it's an impossible dream, but I'll keep hoping SB gets the reboot treatment.
Aug 13, 2020 8:08 AM

Jul 2016
AHHHHHH

I'm sad that this won't get a season 2 since Hal Film Maker went out of business.... ;-;
Aug 19, 2020 10:00 PM

Apr 2009
WHAT?! I NEED MORE!
Nov 9, 2020 4:33 AM

May 2017
Idk how many times already i rewatched this anime & i still need more TT.....skip beat is the only anime that i've never get bored watching it over & over, i really hope someday they will continues/remaking/reboot it, this show deserve more ep :"((
Apr 3, 2021 7:09 PM
Dec 2018
Found some of the show entertaining and was enjoying the plot about dark moon, but found Kyoko a bit irritating and couldn't really sympathise with her.

It is so obvious how the story will end. Was an ok watch but not sad that a 2nd season never arrived.
Jul 20, 2021 7:57 PM
Dec 2017
please please god make a second season to his incredible show and damn that cliffhanger is so painful af.

Sep 2, 2021 7:40 AM

Mar 2019
Holy shit the anime didn't fully adapt Dark Moon arc. What a cliffhanger...

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Feb 11, 2022 3:41 AM

Oct 2021
The pain I am going through right now..
Apr 14, 2022 9:11 PM

Aug 2017
That was like an intro anime. Manga still ongoing ten years later?
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Aug 2011
I want a reboot!!! like what they did for Fruits Basket, like why would they end it like that?!??!!
desu desu binches
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM

» New season??

G3yfishy - Jun 23, 2022

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2022 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.