Forum Settings
Forums

Anime character everyone loves but *you* HATE.

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 31, 2022 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Holo from Spice and Wolf, when she went bipolar it gets annoying. She actually says clever things but I can't stand her way more.
Mar 31, 2022 10:43 PM

Oct 2021
Komi from Komi can't communicate hands down
Mar 31, 2022 11:38 PM

Jul 2017
Sakura from Fate stay/night - entitled bitch
Emilia from Re:Zero - dumb bitch
Marin from Cosplay darling - wanton hoe
CrimsunreaperMar 31, 2022 11:47 PM
Apr 1, 2022 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
- I have seen Hero academia uptill season 4 and I really hate Midoriya. Only in 1 movie I saw, was Midoriya what I want him to be -> A F leader and a genuine hero. Not a soft crybaby for F saké.

When I saw the first episode of hero academia season 5, where all these classmates heroes get introduced AGAIN to the viewer... I ragequitted and sended season 5 straight to the drop list. What a slap in the face and an absolute waste of my time. How dare they present them all to the viewers again. What a disrespect, treating us like we all suffer dementia or something. It was season FIVE for gods saké! I'm really done with this 'show', if it wasn't for the fact it is 1 of the few shows I saw together with my brother. I would have dropped this ages ago. Season 6 can go to the moon (or soon to Mars), I ain't watching that sh!d ever again.

- Subaru of Re Zero also really got on my nerves. What a cluster F of a simp he is. Wtf! o_O Emilia ain't even that great to justify all the suffering he's inflicting upon himself. LMAO

- Lelouch... I don't understand what makes him so great for many people... He wasn't smart, he was dumb.

- I don't hate Levy, but I don't get what is so great about him either. Erwin > Levy

- I used to hate Eren since the beginning, but now I don't hate him anymore. He's pretty cool now :P Then again I always liked antagonist characters.

- Meliodas, he single handedly ruined his own show LOL He's just cringe, as the star of the show, he just ruined it all.

- Jotaro ruined JoJo for me. I have no clue why so much love for him.

- Edward Elric, probaby the main reason why I just can't get into it.

- Nagatoro, I dislike her so much, I just stopped watching the show entirely. I guess she's the perfect waifu for those that like to be stepped on :P

- Uzaki, aaahh djjeeezzzeesss, so annoying! OMG shut up & GTFO of here please, I beg you. Leave me alone!

Hope this pleases you OP :P
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
Apr 1, 2022 8:54 PM

Jan 2021
They are MCs that I can't even see without being irritated:

- Hachiman from Oregairu, pretty bothersome with the way he acts.
- Ayanokouji from Youkoso, started bad and went directly to trash for the last episode.
- Izayoi from Mondaiji, he irritated me at first few pages of the novel and I dropped the series as a whole precisely because him.
- Tatsuya from Mahouka.
- Yuuji from Grisaia.
- Eren from Shingeki, well, Shingeki as a whole is trash for me.
- Sakuta from Bunnygirl Senpai is going the same way, he reminds me a lot to characters from the list above.

About girls, there some popular ones that I don't like and don't get why they are so popular.

- Rem from Re Zero, I don't find her interesting at all and I can't stand her fans.
- Megumin from Konosuba is completely unfunny and irritating.
- Yukino from Oregairu, almost as bothersome as Hachiman.
- Nagatoro from Nagatoro-san, she is like the worst girl of her own manga.
- Louise from Zero no Tsukaima (do people even like her nowadays), I like tsunderes but I simply can't stand her attitude.
- Taiga from Toradora, the same as Louise.

I think those are all the popular ones I hate (for the moment). At least those were in the Top 500 of MAL.
Apr 2, 2022 9:21 PM

Oct 2020
I recently watched Death Note because everyone talks about it so much, and I was surprised at how annoying Light is. I mean, with the amount of people talking about how incredibly interesting he is as a character, I expected him to be semi-likeable, at least in the beginning-- but no. He's an elitist psycho from the beginning.
Apr 3, 2022 9:03 AM

Sep 2020
Not hate I would say, I used to dislike Kaguya and now just don't have anything for her. I have Chika and Miko in favourites that sometimes make people wonder why isn't Kaguya there in the list.
Apr 3, 2022 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
Johan Liebert isn’t bad per se, but his backstory was just so incredibly vapid, empty and uninteresting and his actions throughout the show were so implausible that I just couldn’t really connect with him.
Apr 3, 2022 9:44 AM
Jan 2020
Everyone from maid kobayashi idk why i have a burning passion to hate everyone from that show
Apr 3, 2022 10:02 AM

Aug 2020
I'm surprised to see that no one mentioned Zero Two.
I love bread

Apr 3, 2022 10:27 AM
Oct 2020
i think he is Takemicchy. In Tokyo Revengers which has a gangsta thema anime he is no ability 'bout fighting staff. I remember i was rage about it because he always took punch on his face. that was so fu*** boring staff
Apr 3, 2022 10:33 AM

Feb 2020
currently that would be Eren Jäger.
Apr 3, 2022 10:37 AM
Jul 2017
Shinji Ikari. A lot of people seem to relate to him and that is why they would like him, but for me I hate him so much. He does not relate to me whatsoever.
Apr 3, 2022 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
Ionliosite2 said:

- Ayanokouji from Youkoso, started bad and went directly to trash for the last episode.
- Izayoi from Mondaiji, he irritated me at first few pages of the novel and I dropped the series as a whole precisely because him.
- Tatsuya from Mahouka.
- Yuuji from Grisaia.
- Sakuta from Bunnygirl Senpai is going the same way, he reminds me a lot to characters from the list above.

About girls, there some popular ones that I don't like and don't get why they are so popular.

- Rem from Re Zero, I don't find her interesting at all and I can't stand her fans.
- Louise from Zero no Tsukaima (do people even like her nowadays), I like tsunderes but I simply can't stand her attitude.

I think those are all the popular ones I hate (for the moment). At least those were in the Top 500 of MAL.

I think almost all of them are hated by a lot of people even if they are loved too. (Except maybe Yuuji (for VN readers at least))
And Louise I know by far more people hating her than loving her.

Tatsuya everybody seems annoyed by his gary stu statut.

If I talk about myself i Hate Taiga, Louise, Yukino, Hachiman.
Don't like Tatsuya, Eren, Megumin, Nagatoro.
Don't care about Rem, Sakura, Izayoi and Ayanokouji.
And only like Yuuji but the VN character, I don't care about him in the anime.

You really are not alone, but it's the same for almost everybody. Characters like Naruto or Kimetsu's cast are disliked by many so you're off topic imo.

Except maybe this guy :

Sigma- said:
Johan Liebert isn’t bad per se, but his backstory was just so incredibly vapid, empty and uninteresting and his actions throughout the show were so implausible that I just couldn’t really connect with him.

Apr 3, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2021
HaarWyvern said:
Ionliosite2 said:

- Tatsuya from Mahouka.
- Yuuji from Grisaia.

I think almost all of them are hated by a lot of people even if they are loved too. (Except maybe Yuuji (for VN readers at least))
And Louise I know by far more people hating her than loving her.

Tatsuya everybody seems annoyed by his gary stu statut.

If I talk about myself i Hate Taiga, Louise, Yukino, Hachiman.
Don't like Tatsuya, Eren, Megumin, Nagatoro.
Don't care about Rem, Sakura, Izayoi and Ayanokouji.
And only like Yuuji but the VN character, I don't care about him in the anime.

You really are not alone, but it's the same for almost everybody. Characters like Naruto or Kimetsu's cast are disliked by many so you're off topic imo.

I don't see how I'm off-topic when the topic is characters that everyone loves. Some of these characters have tens of thousands of favourites. And I don't even mentioned Naruto nor Kimetsu people.

As far as I have seen Tatsuya is extremely loved, I barely see people talking bad about him. About Louise, well, in that one maybe you're right I also see a lot of people disliking her.
Apr 27, 2022 5:33 PM

Dec 2019
Yukino Yukinoshita
Rem (Re:0)
Zero Two
Sakura Matou
Shirou Emiya
Shaiapouf
Apr 28, 2022 9:22 PM
Feb 2022
I hate Lelouch so much. One of the most overrated characters I've ever seen in any medium. Mf is basically an edgy power fantasy like Kirito but is disguised as a "tactical genius". Alot of people who like him probably self insert themselves in his shoes. The Code Geass subreddit shows this, where almost every post daily is a NSFW pic of the female characters, with most of them having Lelouch screwing C.C. Why is that hmmm.... 🤔
Apr 28, 2022 9:23 PM

Sep 2020
uh Takami Chika from Love Live Sunshine
Jul 9, 2022 10:04 AM
Oct 2020
Banisoup said:
There's a discussion about characters you love that everyone else hates, who's a character you hate but everyone else loves?

Guess I'll go first, Gurren Lagaan's Nia. I really hated her character when I first saw the show as a kid and as an adult I feel the same way *and* hate how creepy everyone is about her.

***EDIT***
I'm surprised at some of the common names popping up! These are some of the more common ones that I have seen majority anime community loved coming up here:

Light Yagami from Death Note,
Kamina from Gurren Lagann,
Rem and subaru from re0,
Levi from AOT,
Naruto,
Luffy,
and Lelouch from Code Geass

Characters that were once so loved definitely have their haters! Let's keep this going and see who else keeps popping up! *bond over your hatred*

Well. Personali :
Marin from my dressup darling is the main thing. I dont have to say more characters. I hate her with burning passion.
Jul 10, 2022 2:50 AM

Aug 2013
I hate a few characters, but they're not really popular. Highly dislike maybe a few tho

Asuka (NGE): the tsunderes prototype, yes I know she's not the first or the worst but she perfectly fits how tsunderes are aimed to be nowadays. And in an anime I didn't like to begin with.

Miyazono Kaori (Shiatsu was Kimi no Uso): more for her anime than the girl herself, it all started from her anyway so I can't help but to dislike her strongly.

Chika (love live sunshine): All her positivism, her speeches about never giving up and stop believing and hard work almost made me puke more than once. It was hard to watch.

Yohane (love live sunshine) the anime was already hard to watch because of Chika, I hate chuuni characters and all of that made Yoga e insufferable. I cringed every time she spoke in the two seasons.

Hibiki (Synohogear): not very famous, but one of the few I hate. I see Naruto hated for his pacifism and speeches but he's not even near Hibiki's level.

She was against fighting lifeless artificial creatures made only to kill people and destroy buildings, to the point of endangering her teammate and various people. She somehow manages to talk villains into joining her side and she's bent on never killing. I swear she makes me nauseous just thinking about her and she alone dropped the anime's score for me.
Jul 10, 2022 3:01 AM

Aug 2018
ShuisBased2 said:
I hate Lelouch so much. One of the most overrated characters I've ever seen in any medium. Mf is basically an edgy power fantasy like Kirito but is disguised as a "tactical genius". Alot of people who like him probably self insert themselves in his shoes. The Code Geass subreddit shows this, where almost every post daily is a NSFW pic of the female characters, with most of them having Lelouch screwing C.C. Why is that hmmm.... 🤔

probably because the Code Geass girls are very sexy
Jul 10, 2022 3:18 AM

Feb 2020
_ARCHER__ said:
idk why but I just don't like gojo from jjk
also, sukuna>Gojo

I just remembered one more character.....Tsunade, that bish was far more useless than sakura(not a sakura fan) and the only reason why ppl like her is uh....u know that 106 thing
Jul 10, 2022 3:19 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty much all the top rated "waifus" are replaceable and useless characters without anything standing out. Especially Mai and Rem don't have any personality AT ALL. I don't know why everyone likes these characterless puppets.
Jul 10, 2022 3:21 AM

Aug 2018
ateks said:
Pretty much all the top rated "waifus" are replaceable and useless characters without anything standing out. Especially Mai and Rem don't have any personality AT ALL. I don't know why everyone likes these characterless puppets.

Boring characters aren't worth wasting valuable hate-energy on.
Jul 10, 2022 3:27 AM

Sep 2010
epidemia78 said:
ateks said:

I mean I don't HATE them (yes I know the thread title) but I simply don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with them because they are just garbage characters.
Jul 10, 2022 3:30 AM

Aug 2018
ateks said:
epidemia78 said:

I mean I don't HATE them (yes I know the thread title) but I simply don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with them because they are just garbage characters.

I don't know about this "Mai" you speak of but Rem is understandable. That's a very nice looking character design and she had a couple moments in season 1 that were pretty powerful. It's those guys who think Emilia is best that you gotta watch out for. They only like her because they were told to like her. Isn't that creepy?
Jul 10, 2022 3:37 AM

Sep 2010
epidemia78 said:
ateks said:

I don't know about this "Mai" you speak of but Rem is understandable. That's a very nice looking character design and she had a couple moments in season 1 that were pretty powerful. It's those guys who think Emilia is best that you gotta watch out for. They only like her because they were told to like her. Isn't that creepy?

Mai from bunny girl senpai. Yes but in the end all waifu culture is kinda creepy. But some is creepy AND tasteless.
Jul 10, 2022 9:08 AM

Aug 2020
I don’t understand the hype for Levi. Objectively he is great I love his backstory but his personality is just not cool. He is badass at times but that doesn’t justify the large amount of praise it gets. It’s probably just fangirls I suppose. Also gojo, he has a cool personality at times but we literally know nothing else about him other than he is overpowered.
Jul 13, 2022 6:05 AM
Feb 2020
Almost everyone from Naruto
Kyo from Furuba
Makise Kurisu with Okabe, Mayuri is better
Not hate, but just dislike cast from Monogatari
MC from Bunny Girl Senpai
Subaru
Hori
Jul 13, 2022 6:21 AM
Apr 2020
1 Mikasa Ackerman - AoT
2 Soryu Asuka - Neon Genesis Evangelion
3 Makise Kurisu - Steins;Gate
4 Shiina Mayuri
5 C.C. - Code Geass
6 Chi Chi - Dragonball
7 Esdeath - Akame ga Kill
8 Sakuragi Hanamichi - Slam Dunk
9 Lelouch - Code Geass
10 Lucy - Elfen Lied
Jul 13, 2022 7:52 AM

Jul 2022
Not hate but I don't like Lelouch Lamperouge and Code Geass as whole. Everyone is free but it's hard to understand why he's so popular.
AdamJensen80Jul 13, 2022 7:56 AM
Jul 13, 2022 8:22 AM
Feb 2014
I don't hate them all with the same intensity, some i just dislike.

WARNING: HUUUUUGE ASS list incoming lol!

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jul 13, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
tomasbrotanek1 said:
Banisoup said:
There's a discussion about characters you love that everyone else hates, who's a character you hate but everyone else loves?

Guess I'll go first, Gurren Lagaan's Nia. I really hated her character when I first saw the show as a kid and as an adult I feel the same way *and* hate how creepy everyone is about her.

***EDIT***
I'm surprised at some of the common names popping up! These are some of the more common ones that I have seen majority anime community loved coming up here:

Light Yagami from Death Note,
Kamina from Gurren Lagann,
Rem and subaru from re0,
Levi from AOT,
Naruto,
Luffy,
and Lelouch from Code Geass

Characters that were once so loved definitely have their haters! Let's keep this going and see who else keeps popping up! *bond over your hatred*

Well. Personali :
Marin from my dressup darling is the main thing. I dont have to say more characters. I hate her with burning passion.

Why do you hate her with a burning passion?
Jul 13, 2022 8:54 AM
Sep 2015
Emilia from Re Zero

Even after her development of the latest anime season, I'm still not too fond of her/hate her.
Jul 13, 2022 3:35 PM
Dec 2013
Chiho from Hataraku Maou-sama. I thought she was a sweet girl at first, but after watching ep 8, turns out I was wrong. She's a bitch. She's officially one of my most hated anime characters. I was really looking forward to watching Season 2, but not as much now if I'm gonna have to keep seeing her face.
wildhoodJul 13, 2022 8:31 PM
Jul 13, 2022 7:25 PM

Apr 2020
HoloisHolo said:
Souma from Food wars. Arrogant, throws shit together, wins because of the plot, smug; feeds weird shit to Megumi at the end

I'm right their with you. It's so beloved so I gave it a chance but it is, well, really sexist. I hate how orgasmic or rapey Souma's food experience is for the women in the show. And yes, wins because besides the sexual stuff, it's very cookie cutter shonen.
Jul 13, 2022 7:30 PM

Apr 2020
AdamJensen80 said:
Not hate but I don't like Lelouch Lamperouge and Code Geass as whole. Everyone is free but it's hard to understand why he's so popular.

I look at Lelouch the same way I look at Light Yagami- it's not that they're good guys, they're just interesting characters. I don't think he's amazing, I think he's super narcissistic, stubborn, and I really hate how he views people as pawns but in the end
I can see where people don't like him for the story, the ending, or his interactions with other characters, but I don't think he was ever a likeable character.
Jul 13, 2022 7:31 PM

Apr 2020
Dauphine said:
I don't hate them all with the same intensity, some i just dislike.

WARNING: HUUUUUGE ASS list incoming lol!

Damn you even organized it alphabetically! You cray cray
Jul 13, 2022 7:53 PM

Mar 2021
- DIO Brando (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken)
- C.C. (Code Geass)
- Ai Hayasaka (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen)
- Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
- Ryuuji Takasu (Toradora!)
- Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki no Kyojin)
- Shinobu Kawajiri (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable) Haven't seen many people talk about her but when I do it's usually positive.
- Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC)

Not from an anime:
- Hu Tao (Genshin Impact)
- Diego Brando (Steel Ball Run)

My hate for C.C. is definitely the strongest and I feel like my reasons are valid (I will not be sharing them).
mintchapstickJul 13, 2022 7:57 PM
Jul 13, 2022 7:56 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Kanna from Dragon Maid
Her vacant, soulless stare
It insults me

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jul 14, 2022 4:58 AM

May 2021
Kaori from Your lie in April
I seriously can't stand her forceful and abusive attitude toward the male lead and her huge popularity really leaves me perplexed. Also I didn't feel anything at her in the end of the series.

Rem from Re Zero
Most overrated character of the entire series. Even Ram had a better development!

Anya from Spy X Family
Really annoying brat and those "heh" meme faces are really appaling.

Ayu from Kanon (2006)
Her childish and immature attitude really wants me to punch her so bad. And her "ugu" noises are so cringey.
Mysticus92Jul 14, 2022 6:54 AM
Jul 14, 2022 6:04 AM

May 2021
Eru Chitanda from Hyouka, I find her insufferable. I liked the show and the rest of the characters, but seriously she was so annoying. The way she repeats all the time the phrase "I can't stop thinking about it" or whatever in that high pitched tone of voice just exasperates me.
MileniaeJul 14, 2022 6:26 AM
Jul 16, 2022 2:06 PM

Jul 2020
Banisoup said:
HoloisHolo said:
Souma from Food wars. Arrogant, throws shit together, wins because of the plot, smug; feeds weird shit to Megumi at the end

I'm right their with you. It's so beloved so I gave it a chance but it is, well, really sexist. I hate how orgasmic or rapey Souma's food experience is for the women in the show. And yes, wins because besides the sexual stuff, it's very cookie cutter shonen.

See you get it, that's what I'm talking about haha.

He might as well be Kirito
Jul 16, 2022 7:26 PM

Aug 2018
Ebictroll said:
Although I wouldn't say that I "hate" the character, I never really understood why Rem from Re:Zero is so popular. Most characters I'm not a big fan of I can at least get why they are popular, but I just never understood why so many people found Rem appealing. Again, it isn't that I think she is a bad character I just don't understand why so many people liked her.

episode 18 I think it was. The whole rooftop scene. That's it.
Jul 16, 2022 7:43 PM

Feb 2021
L Lawliet (enemy of justice)
Levi Ackerman
Saitama
Zero Two
Hachiman Hikigaya

There are many more but I ain't got time to list all of them
Jul 16, 2022 7:53 PM

Aug 2020
Most top Aot characters except Hange, Pieck and surprisingly, Gabi.
TRC_RandyJul 16, 2022 8:08 PM
Jul 17, 2022 11:02 AM

Feb 2016
My main two are Eren Yeager from AOT and Bakugo from MHA. I despise them
whats an anime
Jul 17, 2022 12:08 PM

Oct 2020
For me it's light yagami.
Another one without a doubt is bakugo from mha
Jul 27, 2022 1:14 AM
Feb 2022
A_G_N said:
Tendo_GM said:

Yes, they’re all written “edgy” and “cool” in order to appeal to kids

Hikigaya Hachiman? The MC from Oregairu, he’s the one I’m talking about
Hell yeah dude!! Hikigaya Hachiman?

I looovee relating to my hypocritical, no self-worth, cynical, self harming teen sooo much. I loved it when the series rewarded him by fucking him up.

A lot of teenage viewers of the series, misinterpret and hail him as some relatable god = That has to be the reason why he is loved ofcourse right..

Sorry to say, you got baited by those fans. That ain't the reason. Agree with Ayanokouji though lul
A_G_N said:
Tendo_GM said:

Yes, they’re all written “edgy” and “cool” in order to appeal to kids

Hikigaya Hachiman? The MC from Oregairu, he’s the one I’m talking about
Hell yeah dude!! Hikigaya Hachiman?

I looovee relating to my hypocritical, no self-worth, cynical, self harming teen sooo much. I loved it when the series rewarded him by fucking him up.

A lot of teenage viewers of the series, misinterpret and hail him as some relatable god = That has to be the reason why he is loved ofcourse right..

Sorry to say, you got baited by those fans. That ain't the reason. Agree with Ayanokouji though lul

Lol how come ayanokouji is a legit sociopath unless people relate to that than idk
Jul 27, 2022 1:20 AM
Feb 2022
rach1m4n said:
Mikasa Ackerman, not even twitter long-ass threads could defend her bad writing.

Mikey from Tokyo Revengers, man is mentally weak and showing no mental fortitude.

Gojo Satoru, i dont know, he's just comic relief hot guy with hacks.

MHA casts, too comical and less lively as character, feels like NPC.

Zenitsu, he better sleep because he's goddamn unbearable if he isnt.

I dont know how you can complain about someone being mentally weak when everyone close to him are dead
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 3 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

102 by Damnits »»
18 seconds ago

» What if aliens made every anime have aliens in it?

APolygons2 - Jun 2

31 by Damnits »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Yesterday

56 by Anjuro »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you feel shameful listening to cutesy Anime Song?

Dragevard - 5 hours ago

18 by kagamiiin »»
7 minutes ago

» Love at first sight XD ( 1 2 3 4 )

kirAth-shiAue - Mar 24, 2007

178 by APolygons2 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.