Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2015 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
Diggin' the artstyle. The choreography is interesting and the characters are as well (with the exception of Lenka). Anyway, I like how this is an adaptation of a video game. Most, if not all, video games become hard to adapt and become a trainwreck, so I'm looking forward to see how ufotable executes this one.

Just because ufotable is behind this, don't expect Fate 2.0
Jul 12, 2015 12:12 PM

Nov 2013
Arcanix said:
Another ok-ish overrated ufotable anime. Keep the garbage coming.

1 episode already better than the garbage known as F/SN UBW Season 2.
Jul 12, 2015 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
I played the game.
and I already love the anime adaption. I'm fine with the art.

4/5
Jul 12, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
And people are still trying to turn this into a fate thread..so much for getting attention

cyoko said:
I played the game.

4/5

how many changes they made?
Jul 12, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Arcanix said:

That's not saying much since both are bad
Jul 12, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
MatijaxD said:
destructo22 said:
It looked pretty consistent to me to be honest. If you can point out specific scenes, then that would be nice.

But my original point is about the art style. I think there is some misplaced disappointment going on here.

Ok, maybe I was a bit overreacting, now it seems more like it's because of the different lighting xd
The part in the rain looked nicer than the rest to me

but there are still some scenes that felt very out of place too me and where breaking the immersion, like this one

It's unique, which I love. The character art and the detailed backgrounds definitely clash, but I really like it. I think the second pic you posted looks so good. It faintly reminds of the of Bastion/Transistor art style.

Jun 2014
A decent start, the episode picked up more toward the end when Lindow's unit showed up. I'm not super impressed but it's only the first episode. I like Lindow and Soma though, they seem pretty cool
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 2015
Meh, idk, it's fine and all, but it's sort of missing something...

3/5
Jul 12, 2015 12:23 PM
Jul 2012
I rewatched it, and now it looks much much better. The close-ups are much better, and look very stunning. On the other hand, it looks very cringe-worthy when you view the characters from afar. The action is also great, and I like the track that played when Lenka blasted that Kongou away.

I think people should try the 3 episode rule before dropping, just to see if they can adapt to this art style. It looks quite normal when you get used to it. Also, too much fate fans on this thread.
Jul 12, 2015 12:24 PM

Jul 2009
I thought it was a pretty ok start. There were some stretches that felt uncomfortably slow but it is just the pilot episode so I am not too worried about that just yet. Seems like most people's problems with the show so far is coming in with the wrong expectations, mostly due to the studio that's adapting the series.
laidellent said:
And people are still trying to turn this into a fate thread..so much for getting attention

That's MAL for ya...
Jul 12, 2015 12:28 PM
Oct 2013
Harem_King said:
HandsomeMan said:

That's not saying much since both are bad

If this isn't "CGI" then you people would be "'kyaa! kyaa!" by now.

laidellent said:

cyoko said:
I played the game.

4/5

ExplodingGirlJul 12, 2015 12:32 PM
Jul 12, 2015 12:29 PM

Feb 2015
The art style is not really to my taste but it looked decent in places. Story seems very similar to Attack on Titan. The story so far is generic hack. slash and shoot em. I will stick with it in the hope it gets better.

I don't think this will be the great show everyone was hoping for.
Jul 12, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
OP by OLDCODEX and the soundtrack are decent. The art style's unique and looks good, although I'm not for those types. Honestly couldn't catch what was going on for the second half of the episode, but it seems interesting for now.
Jul 12, 2015 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Blankbite said:

laidellent said:

No prob..Wasn't the protagonist a female?
Jul 12, 2015 12:35 PM
Oct 2013
Crashmatt said:
I don't think this will be the great show everyone was hoping for.

Everyone is just having a hangover from watching SNK or F/SN UBW. It's high time that you get sober people. They're doing a good job for a GAME adaptation.

laidellent said:

No prob..Wasn't the protagonist a female?

It's unisex. You choose your gender during character creation. There's actually a canonical protagonist which is a male, Yuu Kannagi and Aki Tamashiro for female but the game's other versions allows you to create your own character. There's more detail here: http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/Protagonist_%28God_Eater%29 since my explanation is rather confusing.
ExplodingGirlJul 12, 2015 12:46 PM
Jul 12, 2015 12:43 PM

Jul 2013
unique animation and got me interested. doesnt remind me like snk like most people saying here
Jul 12, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 2012
Well the art style sure is peculiar... don't think I can used to it >< It's totally giving me a headache oO Even Sidonia only hurt my eyes a bit and I got used to it after a while...

And really that bracelet doesn't look very practical... it's way too big oO
Jul 12, 2015 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
That was a pretty good episode. The art style is alright.

Lindow needs to pay more attentions to his surroundings.
Jul 12, 2015 12:47 PM

Nov 2012
Very basic first episode for this type of anime.

Introductions,newbie MC has goal to exterminate as many Aragami as possible,defies order from higher up,witnesses shocking horrors of battle zone,Best squad appears to save the day,MC goes something impressive to distinguish him from the rest/show he has potential for greatness.

But despite being a basic start I quite liked this so far.
Jul 12, 2015 12:52 PM

May 2015
are they following the game's story? i hope so lindow and soma looks good the mc is meh
Jul 12, 2015 12:54 PM

Mar 2015
Budget Eater. Nice animation and the OST is great as well. Looking forward to more.
Jul 12, 2015 12:54 PM
Jan 2015
PizzaWarrior said:
People who played the game - what about main plot of it? Or anime's plot doesnt't have any connection with it? It kinda disturbs me.

The plot is really bear bones. It's like Monster Hunter. Somewhat of a shallow plot just to complement the monsters.
Jul 12, 2015 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
A pretty decent start. The unique art style will definitely take a few episode to adjusted to it, but I'm sure it will be fine.

The 3D CGI along with the more traditional animation was good, but at times there was a lack of smoothness with character movements and certain scenes where the character art style didn't fit with the background design. Hopefully ufotable can improve this as time goes on.

The MC has potential, not being wimpy or wringing so much. He just goes with his gut instinct and goes for it. He'll probably be powerful come the end of the series I presume.
Jul 12, 2015 1:00 PM

May 2014
I don't like the OP.
And started a little weak for a big title like this, i will give a few more episodes but ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2015 1:03 PM

Dec 2011
First episode was okay and i love the fight animation with the water effects.Anyay been waiting for this since it was announced and well i hope one day there will be a Monster Hunter anime.
Jul 12, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2012
sexy artwork and soundtrack is decent, but the story and characters seem relatively generic at the moment, curious to see where itll go though....
Jul 12, 2015 1:06 PM
Sep 2014
Best episode 1 of the summer season.

Lets go!
Jul 12, 2015 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
Meh didn't really like the first episode. Will continue watching for Hirata-san and Nakai-san's characters.
Jul 12, 2015 1:11 PM
Mar 2015
At first I thought, this show is all bark and no bite, but I take back even having that thought pass through my mind. This first episode gave me Goosebumps for a large portion of it. The music was was perfect, the art was different, the characters looked badass, their weapons looked even more badass. The slow motion parts were badass. This whole first episode was badass. Thank god I have something to look forward to on Sundays.
Jul 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Feb 2014
Dat inconsistency in style. Wow. And this is the fist EP, makes you wonder what the rest are gonna be like...

Unimpressed with the their failing to take full advantage of how well the 3D and that particular artstyle go together. I actually really like the main artstyle but I think it's one of those things that work better as either stills or with lots of movements, this weird in-between thing they do with drawn animation and CG is awful.

Unimpressed with the BG art. Same inconsistency problem. It's particularly glaring when the same office or whatever is so much more well drawn in a scene like 5 mins before and suddenly from a new angle it's shitty CG all over.

Unimpressed with the characters. Didn't expect much. Didn't get much. It's not as bad as I thought actually. MC could have been far more annoying.

Music was meh.

Plot has some potential depending on what they decide to focus in on. I've not played the game so I'm going to keep burying my head in the sand and wishing for the best re: plot.

I liked the water droplets and about 40% of the art though. I hope it rains every episode. Nice rain. Good rain.

In summary: I was watching this hoping for nice shiny art and sweet fight scenes but I guess that's a no-go. Will watch a few more eps to see where the plot goes and how insufferable all the MCs become.
Jul 12, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was bad. The animation is horrible. I know this an adaption of the game, but still - this should be an anime and not a weird hybrid. Didn't really enjoy it. I'm not gonna watch the anime.
LichtspielJul 12, 2015 1:22 PM

Jul 12, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
Mix feels
Jul 12, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2015
Fine first episode. Those God Arcs look pretty amazing. Looking forward for more.

Jul 12, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
At least it's better than Shingeki no Kyojin
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 12, 2015 1:26 PM
Jul 2011
Why didn't the episode have a credit list for the seiyuu? Is this one of those weird ones where that list is in the OP instead? I just want to confirm that Licca is played by Omigawa Chiaki in this one but all I can find is that she played her in a game.

Where are you credits? -.-

Okay, thank god Anime News Network is more up to date. :)
Jul 12, 2015 1:30 PM

Mar 2014
There were some scenes that didn't have any music that felt off

The visual style is pretty nice but somewhat inconsistent
Jul 12, 2015 1:32 PM

Jul 2014
Ayyy I remember playing this game on my PSP years ago, seeing some familiar characters feels a little nostalgic but I don't really remember anything else about it.

The art is different but in a good way I guess, I'm actually already used to it. Can't wait to see some more.
Jul 12, 2015 1:40 PM
Jun 2009
Swaggercandy said:
Budget Eater. Nice animation and the OST is great as well. Looking forward to more.

+1
Jul 12, 2015 1:43 PM
Sep 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Arcanix said:

Shots fired
Jul 12, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2012
Harem_King said:
Ahegyao said:
Also this is a video game adaptation. Everyone here expecting "unique" a la Mushishi or LOGH need not apply.

For what it's going for, it's already doing pretty well. Imagine if it's the reverse and they adapted FSN when it didn't have the notoriety going for it. You guys would be complaining about "generic action, generic story, generic characters etc."
no one is expecting unique and this and that

they were just expecting a good anime...idk why its so hard for ppl to understand

and u can tell from the first ep its a bad anime?
Jul 12, 2015 1:46 PM
Apr 2013
that was meh even if it's ufotable i'd rather not watch it
Jul 12, 2015 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
Its been so long since I've played God Eater Burst so seeing the old cast again was quite nostalgic! The animation style is definitely different, but I think it fits.

I was quite worried about how they would handle the protagonist since he a customizable avatar for the player and pretty much mute for the entire game, but Renka seems to be alright so far. Judging from the flashbacks he has, he probably has some sort of background?

Also, I don't think people should really have high expectations for the story. This is an adaptation of a hunting-style game like Monster Hunter. The story bits were there to ease the flow from mission to mission. Its your typical shounen save-them-all type of story.
Jul 12, 2015 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
Ewwwww..it gave me Guilty Crown vibes.
Overhyped shit as expected, bored me to death. Character designs are ugly and the autotuned music in the backgorund was awful. Another drop of this pathetic season.
Jul 12, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Not a fan of the art and animation (felt like I was watchign a videogame) but the story is ok
VoooJul 12, 2015 2:02 PM
Jul 12, 2015 1:54 PM

Aug 2014
Oh my fucking god the art and animation just OMFG! The visuals are amazing apart from the CGI monsters. All the other CGI blends perfectly with the character designs, background ect. We already know ufotable can do rain, but boy can they do lovely rain! As far as the story and characters go, not expecting anything and I don't care.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 12, 2015 1:57 PM

Aug 2014
I already knew what this was going to look like and I really like the style. Feels like a video game which is appropriate because it's a video game adaptation.

Jul 12, 2015 1:59 PM

Dec 2008

That is all...

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 12, 2015 1:59 PM

Aug 2014
The directing was really top notch too.

Jul 12, 2015 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
Shrimperor said:
I am kinda dissapointed. I expected more from ufo...
Is this the show they were saving their budget and the F/Z team for...?
And what's with the Artstyle? So un-Ufo-like...
I expected atleast F/SN-like Artstyle/Animation...

On the Positive side, it doesn't feel like i am watching a game like most game-adaptions feel.

Actually more ufo like, they have been doing OPs in this style for God eater and tales for ages.

Jul 12, 2015 2:16 PM

Nov 2014
I didn't hate nor like this episode. The MC doesn't remind me of that hardheaded over emotional brat, Eren. So I'm okay with him. The monsters being CG is okay. They look better than the ones in Rokka(wtf were those?). The character designs are okay. The OST is okay. The OP doesn't even compare with the Rage Burst OP, at all...
3/5
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

263 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
May 24, 3:45 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.