Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2015 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
Sweanime said:
I could watch a more original simple story about the two in london.

But comeon, gore, blood but not a single kiss :P

Hey I'm pretty sure Rin was about to give Shirou a bl*wjob at 16:00, simple kiss is nothing.
Jun 27, 2015 12:42 PM
Dec 2014
laidellent said:
uh well it was ranked 31 before ep 22 aka mana transfer

? It was hanging around 8.65 already at ep 20. It's dropped 0.3 right now after 5 episodes...
Jun 27, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
Luvia, Rin, Shirou love triangle spinoff 7/10
Jun 27, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
beautiful epilogue.

holy shit adult waver

ufotable lufia <3

i don't care what was AO of this but man i loved that epilogue, makes me wish there was a continuation of this.

that short fight was pretty good

well guess it is verdict time.

first season was wonderful. a fantastic build up and the mysteries surrounding everything.
second season could not live up to the build up of the first season but it was still enjoyable

like the character designs, backgrounds were beautiful, music was great, animation was fantastic, fate's story is pretty interesting and the world setting itself aswell

was going to give the second season an 8 but that epilogue puts it at a 9 for me

reading other opinions each week was pretty interesting and alot of people were helpful when some things were not clear, which was bound to happen given the whole nasuverse, lack of fate route etc.

sadly certain people really tried their hardest to ruin it for newcomers to fate, the constant belittling of AO viewers (the rope rin was restrained with etc.) was quite annoying.

really looking forward to heaven's feel
Jun 27, 2015 12:48 PM
Nov 2013
The change in mood from last episode to this one is insane lol. But, this was a cute satisfying epilogue. Tohsaka x Emiya is very cute, and seeing Luvia and Waver was a nice surprise as well.

I didn't hate this second four as much as other people, but it was... lacking something for me. I couldn't take it as serious. I'll give it a 7/10 for now, since it still a hell of a ride. Hopefully HF movie(s) are as godly as Kara no Kyoukai.
Jun 27, 2015 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
Mickdrew said:
No one can deny that FSN has both a better beginning and ending episode than FZ

If we ignore EVERYTHING in between yeah.

UFOFSN ifs a candy pinata that someone forgot to fill with candies.
It passed the Fai test ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 12:49 PM
Sep 2013
laidellent said:

Waver lol

who is he ?
Jun 27, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
Spiritmert said:
laidellent said:

Waver lol

who is he ?

edit: just saw that you already watched fate zero
xSanoxJun 27, 2015 12:54 PM
Jun 27, 2015 12:52 PM

Feb 2015
Spiritmert said:
laidellent said:

Waver lol

who is he ?

a character from Fate Zero
Jun 27, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
Spiritmert said:
laidellent said:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIhDZboVAAAXpCq.jpg[/im g]

Waver lol

who is he ?

Waver Velvet/Lord El-Melloi II

See;
Fate/Zero
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files
Fate/Apocrypha
Fate/Strange Fake
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

Jun 27, 2015 12:56 PM

Nov 2012
The fuck did I just watch? Did they seriously bring in Luvia and have an anime-original mage wrestling match that was sadly better choreographed than 90% of the fights in season 2? I--I don't know what to make of this...

For an episode entirely dedicated to Shirou and Rin's relationship post-grail war it was way too safe and the romance is still underwhelming.

Personal thoughts:
UBW Prologue: 9/10
UBW Season One: 8/10
UBW Season Two: 6/10
Overall: 7/10

Still better than Fate/Zero and FSN 2006 but that's not really saying much. They should have delayed season two by at least 3 months to better polish it. I think people would get the best watch experience of UBW by watching season one and then finishing with the UBW movie, which does nearly everything in the second half better and is more true to the VN.
OmegaSietsJun 27, 2015 1:00 PM
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jun 27, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2014
TrueKirei said:
I want a damn release date for HF!

Time to throw this show in the incinerator and see the actual FZ sequel people have been waiting for.

+1
Jun 27, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
Perfect last episode while the series was okay/good. Felt good to just not come to UBW forums and be left out of the whole ruckus, though some traces of salt always were in the air. Anyways, good series but I can't say it's much more than that.
Jun 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
YEEART said:
ooo333 said:
Sooo....... whats there to watch on Saturday's starting next week?

Kekkai Sensen.

Objectively the best anime this season.

is ending this week :p
Jun 27, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
Mickdrew said:

Yeah no

Nov 2013
Z4k said:
Mickdrew said:

Yeah no

^

Jun 2015
lol
didn't die after all.

Jun 27, 2015 1:01 PM

Jul 2013
TheWorldOfDio said:
lol dude didn't die after all.
[img]http://puu.sh/iEUyT/f4e937736a.jpg[/im sg]

Spoiler the name.

Nov 2012
[quote=xSanox]
Spiritmert said:
laidellent said:

Waver lol

who is he ?

Orochimaru :P
Oct 2012
ooo333 said:
Sooo....... whats there to watch on Saturday's starting next week?

Last episode of Kekkai Sensen, AOTS
Jun 27, 2015 1:02 PM

May 2010
I have only watched the anime, so obviously I don't have the whole story. Still disappointed they did not even kiss. A handshake...seriously?

May 2012
Guilek said:
TheWorldOfDio said:

Spoiler the name.

why? his name is not a spoiler plus you get no knowledge of who he is by his name alone

Mar 2013
Lollo36 said:
Z4k said:

Yeah no

^

The first episode is an hour long infodump

the last episode is 50% anticlimax and 50% epilogue

as meaningless as it is to consider just the first and last episodes, I would hand it to UBW.
Jun 27, 2015 1:03 PM

Sep 2014
Guilek said:
TheWorldOfDio said:

Spoiler the name.

It's not a spoiler.

He's not even a HS.
The sun is a deadly laser

Jul 2007
MiniSiets said:
The fuck did I just watch? Did they seriously bring in Luvia and have an anime-original mage wrestling match that was sadly better choreographed than 90% of the fights in season 2? I--I don't know what to make of this...

For an episode entirely dedicated to Shirou and Rin's relationship post-grail war it was way too safe and the romance is still underwhelming.

Personal thoughts:
UBW Prologue: 9/10
UBW Season One: 8/10
UBW Season Two: 6/10
Overall: 7/10

Still better than Fate/Zero and FSN 2006 but that's not really saying much. They should have delayed season two by at least 3 months to better polish it. I think people would get the best watch experience of UBW by watching season one and then finishing with the UBW movie, which does nearly everything in the second half better and is more true to the VN.

Pretty much my thoughts.

AOs will be confused as all fuck at luvia and her being here cheapens Shirou/Rin EVEN MORE than the character assasination of both of their personalities did

Nov 2012
fst said:
Lollo36 said:

^

as meaningless as it is to consider just the first and last episodes, I would hand it to UBW.

Agree.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jun 27, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
KamiCity said:
Guilek said:

Spoiler the name.

why? his name is not a spoiler plus you get no knowledge of who he is by his name alone

So many people tell to people to wait before Fate/Zero.
So yeah saying "dude x didn't die afterall" is spoiler for somebody who is going to watch F/z now.
Not a big deal anyway
Jun 27, 2015 1:05 PM

May 2012
Lollo36 said:
Z4k said:

Yeah no

^

I think you people need to go rewatch zero.... I just marathoned the first 8 episodes of zero and wow the complaints viewers had about UBW are all over Zero as well.
Well the non vn reader complaints
Jun 27, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
fst said:
Lollo36 said:

^

Maybe first episode yes, maybe. Still not even close to last episode of F/Z :)
Jun 27, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:

Pretty much my thoughts.

AOs will be confused as all fuck at luvia and her being here cheapens Shirou/Rin EVEN MORE than the character assasination of both of their personalities did

Except there has been no AO viewer who has complained about Luvia at all
Jun 27, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
Guilek said:
KamiCity said:

So yeah saying "dude x didn't die afterall" is spoiler for somebody who is going to watch F/z now.
Not a big deal anyway

You're over-thinking it. If he were alive, he'd have shown up somewhere. And not just with a background-look-alike. And they'd also be ALOT of serial killings, so ehhh.
Jun 27, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2014
Sherou/10 for this episode

5/10 for this season
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 27, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
mira-nyan said:

You're over-thinking it. If he were alive, he'd have shown up somewhere. And not just with a background-look-alike. And they'd also be ALOT of serial killings, so ehhh.

it was a joke

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:
Guilek said:

Not a big deal anyway

mira pls

it's probably just his brother

occam's razor or some shit

Nov 2013
fst said:
Lollo36 said:

^

I'd take an hour-long infodump that sets up the entire war over 5 minutes of Rin explaining inconsequential magic association stuff that means nothing to the viewer and that both Shirou and her already know about.
Jun 27, 2015 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Lollo36 said:
fst said:

I'd take an hour-long infodump that sets up the entire war over 5 minutes of Rin explaining inconsequential magic association stuff that means nothing to the viewer and that Shirou and her already know about.

infodump has old men walking in circles drinking wine

ubw 0 has Rin shakin dat ass in a tiny skirt

THE WINNER IS OBVIOUS

in fact,

Jun 27, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2012
Lollo36 said:
fst said:

I'd take an hour-long infodump that sets up the entire war over 5 minutes of Rin explaining inconsequential magic association stuff that means nothing to the viewer and that Shirou and her already know about.

Have you watched Fate/Zero? inconsequential magic association stuff that means nothing to the viewer is all over the first 8 episodes of zero. As well as a lot of talking and sitting around

Don't get me wrong I love Fate/Zero but you can't complain about things in one series and completely ignore them in the other.
Jun 27, 2015 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
mira-nyan said:
Guilek said:

Not a big deal anyway

I know it was a joke...............................
It is like there is a ubw sequel, Fate/one (impossible I know, example), and for some reason people watch fate/one first and there is a Kirei look alike and I said "Kirei didn't die afterall" people understand he died in ubw.
Jun 27, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
KamiCity said:
Lollo36 said:

Have you watched Fate/Zero? inconsequential magic association stuff that means nothing to the viewer is all over the first 8 episodes of zero.

it's only inconsequential if you're the kind of person that thinks Psycho Pass has good world building.
Jun 27, 2015 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
Insertanamehere said:
mira-nyan said:

it was a joke

It wasn't. :I
Jun 27, 2015 1:12 PM

May 2012
fst said:
KamiCity said:

Have you watched Fate/Zero? inconsequential magic association stuff that means nothing to the viewer is all over the first 8 episodes of zero.

it's only inconsequential if you're the kind of person that thinks Psycho Pass has good world building.

Inconsequential in their terms, not in people who know the series and the universe of course all that info is important
Jun 27, 2015 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
Lollo36 said:
fst said:

I'd take an hour-long infodump that sets up the entire war over 5 minutes of Rin explaining inconsequential magic association stuff that means nothing to the viewer and that both Shirou and her already know about.

But a lot of the infodumping was tedious and pointless in Fate/Zero too, especially considering that most viewers are supposed to already be aware of it, having seen/read Fate/stay night previously before viewing. Fate/Zero's opening episode was poorly-paced and there was no need for it to be that drawn out. There is such a thing as flashbacks. If they really feel the viewer needs to have all of this information they could have told it via this method as situations would arise where it would be relevant for the viewer to know, not just dump it all on the viewer at once and bore them to tears.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jun 27, 2015 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
I'm actually a little disappointed by no Heaven's Feel PV in the end. Oh, well. I can't wait for Sakura's time to shine since she's my favorite character:)
Jun 27, 2015 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
i thought the first episode of fate zero was incredible.

the way the tension slowly creeps in and the end with
perfectly sets the stage for the rest of the series
Jun 27, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2012
MiniSiets said:
Lollo36 said:

But a lot of the infodumping was tedious and pointless in Fate/Zero too, especially considering that most viewers are supposed to already be aware of it, having seen/read Fate/stay night previously before viewing. Fate/Zero's opening episode was poorly-paced and there was no need for it to be that drawn out. There is such a thing as flashbacks. If they really feel the viewer needs to have all of this information they could have told it via this method as situations would arise where it would be relevant for the viewer to know, not just dump it all on the viewer at once and bore them to tears.

Not to mention how much of the terminology is meaningless if you have no knowledge of the series.

Jun 27, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
Lollo36 said:
fst said:

They did do quite a bit of damage by randomly cutting lore and exposition, but that is not limited to first ep.
Jun 27, 2015 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
I was referring to Rin's explainations in this episode, which are there only to try to introduce a new conflict for Shirou at the last minute (whether or not he joins the association), and make no sense since he already knows most of this stuff and Rin is just explaining it to the audience.
Jun 27, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2011
I can appreciate some things here but this was not the 10/10 I was hoping for in the end.

I'll say it again, AO...if you enjoyed this to whatever avail then you should be reading the VN to see how good it actually is. There is no reason for "fans" to not read this novel. Plain and simple.
Jun 27, 2015 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
I still don't understand why Shirou says he has never been in atletism club, but Rin remember seeing him while doing atletism (this is shown in the episode where Rin transfer his magic seal to Shirou). I don't understand the importance of this scene, or why there is that remark in the last episode. Could some VN reader explain me this? I don't mind spoilers.
Jun 27, 2015 1:33 PM
Jul 2009
Pretty great episode I'd say.

Am I the only one who'd love a series set in the Clock Tower like this? The larger mage world is something that is sadly glossed over in the Fate adaptations.
Pages (29) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1449 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Aug 2, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1575 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1317 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 2, 2015

1283 by Forum »»
Jul 15, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.