Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 2, 2015 8:35 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]
May 9, 2015 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Unlimited Archer Works~

Garcher taking the spotlight this week, nice. Quite a revelation regarding himself as well too.

Felt bad for Rin this week though...
May 9, 2015 8:24 AM

Jan 2011
That went too quickly. They showed Archer's flashback, but not Shirou's...again.
UBW was hype, but still, that CG was horrid.
What was with the end scene? Issei noooo :-:
KuremisagoMay 9, 2015 8:29 AM

May 9, 2015 8:24 AM

Mar 2013
Rushed as hell. What the hell.
May 9, 2015 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
Well that was incredibly disappointing.
May 9, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2007
Its official. Shirou is 100% turned into generic "TEMEEEEEEEEE" shounen protag who just shouts and runs.
But don't worry. Based flawless mary sue rin got 20 minute monologue instead! Shut up already, Rin. Gods I hope one of anime original things to be added is that she gets brutally killed. Despise ufo-Rin so much.

Well at least they showed the headache. Which will come out of nowhere since they skipped all the previous ones. And without explanation it will be completely disregarded.

UBW cast was underwhelming and the cgi looked very meh.
They rushed and modified most of Saber/Archer fight. If anime onlies complain about "them just standing there" - don't worry. They were not supposed to.
Also GG Ufo on completely ruining one of Shirou's most badass moments by having him simply project swords and smash against thrown ones -_-

Either way not much to say since this was another fireworks episode. Waiting for incoming "omg asspull" calls.
I dare to anyone to say this is better than DEEN. Because this was pretty much DEEN.

2/5 and those two points are for Shinji's fashion sense.
May 9, 2015 8:27 AM
Apr 2015
It felt rushed, don't know about what's it like in the VN though
May 9, 2015 8:27 AM

Apr 2012
...Wow...somehow they rushed the Saber/Rin contract more than the DEEN movie, and made it far less clear how much more powerful she was now. And yet, just when I thought ufotable was trying to budget time for Archer flashback episodes, they still have Rin monologue about his life. I am really confused on what they're trying to do at this point.
May 9, 2015 8:28 AM

Oct 2014
Inb4 super intense nitpicking about how this episode was "the worst of all" or something like that... EDIT: I was too slow... it happened already...

I really liked it, by now Archer's identity should be completely obvious.

Also don't forget the after-credit scene!

One thing I didn't quite like is that this episode seems to have chronological issues. The scene where Gil and Shinji appeard seems too early and the Gil back at Ryuudou temple? Can he actually really teleport through the town?

Jul 2007
Moekou said:
...Wow...somehow they rushed the Saber/Rin contract more than the DEEN movie, and made it far less clear how much more powerful she was now. And yet, just when I thought ufotable was trying to budget time for Archer flashback episodes, they still have Rin monologue about his life. I am really confused on what they're trying to do at this point.

Its quite clear that Miura has no sense of what do do and they will just Seed Destiny it now.

This was awfully handled.

May 2014
That was a scary 15 Minutes without Lancer.

I want to take this moment to facepalm over the fact Archer used projection inside UBW, this is all I will mention of the subject.

Lancer and FAYCAR saved this ep, a bit of analysis helped too i guess.

3/5
May 9, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
Saber legit fought Archer longer without a Master than she did when she got Rin.

Mar 2013
With the exception of DEEN, I have to agree with Fai this time.
It felt like the episode last for 10 minutes.

Aug 2010
Want... translation... so... bad...

Unlimited Blade Works was mind boggling. Shirou's GARness scale was at all time high this episode (for the anime).

5/5 for what i could understand (80% of the episode).

Next episode will probably have the best Lancer moment in the entirety of F/SN.
May 9, 2015 8:31 AM

Feb 2015
UBW looked terrible, anyways that episode sucked.

Oct 2014
So as I pray, unlimited nitpick works!

Mar 2013
Maybe they are saving budget.
May 9, 2015 8:32 AM

Jul 2007
xShigarakix said:
UBW looked terrible, anyways that episode sucked.

character models in kingdom look better than that ground.

Why did they decide to cgify whole ubw marble is beyond me.

In other news, God Eater has all hand-drawn weapons.

fateoffate said:
Maybe they are saving budget.

I...doubt that, considering how flashy everything looks when fireworks go out.

Its time to stop making excuses and accept what this is - DEEN movie spread out over 25 episodes.
May 9, 2015 8:32 AM

Mar 2013
Grey-Zone said:

Please, this episode really is terrible. Normally I hate negativity but I can't defend this episode.
May 9, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
UBW was over too quickly, i agree, but saying it looked bad or even meh is something i can't even comprehend.

Sep 2014
fateoffate said:
Grey-Zone said:

Please, this episode really is terrible. Normally I hate negativity but I can't defend this episode.

Lol, this. It really wasn't good. Mai mind is so boggled @.@
The sun is a deadly laser

Dec 2013
Rin wouldn't stfu, that automatically lowers it to 3/5
Saber stood there like a melon while Archer cast UBW, 2/5
UBW looks like shit, 1/5
Based Shinji with new clothes, deserves a point

2/5
BAN ME

Aug 2014
Well then, let's see;
It didn't start out too bad, actually the first confrontation and contract scene was okay-ish. Though Saber just standing there without Archer telling her about her ideal to knock her off balance was pretty silly.
As for UBW, the CGI ground looks much worse than the one in the PV's. It actually looks legitimately bad. Which is too bad, because the PV's look good. Lol.
Shirou's second confrontation with Archer was lolworthy, hello DEEN. At least they showed analysis of weapons and he did actually destroy them. And no explanation on why UBW collapsed.
Hopefully the Rin monologue (wow, look at that, amazing, right?) had the explanation of Throne of Heroes which they left out earlier.

edit:
Hmm, so they do have the ideal talk between Archer and Saber and the explanation on UBW collapsing, along with the throne of heroes explanation (kinda) so all things considered, it could be worse. Rin's talk was okay too. Still rush job.
InsertanamehereMay 10, 2015 5:55 AM
May 9, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
UBW was over too quickly, i agree, but saying it looked bad or even meh is something i can't even comprehend.

It looked fake as all hell.

And Shirou's most badass moment so far got completely deened.

Astro pls.
May 9, 2015 8:35 AM

May 2014
astroprogs said:

It looked fine close and still but the first 360 and the second it panned looked like absolute ass.

Which is weird because it looked like they had fixed it in the comparisons you posted.

Oct 2014
Rushed and some of what happened was altered for the worse. Need subs for Rin monologue but I can guess pretty well what she talked about -_-

UBW ground looked TERRIBLE from what I saw.

2.5/5

Oct 2014
Unlimited Rush Works
May 9, 2015 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
This is better than Deen.

Bit rushed and the cgi was a bit disappointing for most of UBW.

Not sure how to feel about Archer using single sword throws and Shirou using melee attacks to destroy them,but they showed his analysis skills and it seems better to NOT be able to sword spam so soon.

At least Archer not doing anything to Rin's chant is looking better here than in the VN.

Not sure what Gil at the end is for.Extra scenes for the temple being the Grail summoning ground or some other purpose?

Anyone heard what he preview was talking about?I only paid attention to the pieces and if 20&21 are Answer then it is too soon for THAT scene.
May 9, 2015 8:37 AM
Apr 2012
Well, I gotta agree everything inside UBW went by too fast (even though it was a fairly short scene in the VN too). First time I've been somewhat disappointed with ufotable so far. Rest of the episode was pretty good though, will have to wait for subs of Rin's dream. Oh, and it was also weird to go back in time for a post-credits scenes, but at least people won't be wondering what happened to all the monks (and we got to see Issei's brother!).
May 9, 2015 8:38 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

It looked fake as all hell.

And Shirou's most badass moment so far got completely deened.

Astro pls.

Well, it IS CGI. By CGI standards it looked awesome.

Shirou's moment was badass. It was deened, but it had a bit about analysis and the cut at the commercials felt abrupt, which could mean there's a cut portion.

UBW was over too quickly, it can't be this short.
May 9, 2015 8:39 AM

Feb 2009
I seriously didn't think it was possible to rush this fast. They could finish the anime in 4 eps top with this speed.
Stev said:
ayy lmao

Oct 2014
Shirou is Dumbass in ufoUBW, 0% inner monologues.
They didnt show the fight between Archer and Shirou.
The Saber/Rin contract was really meh and they didnt show the true power of Saber

There is not Tsukihime anime
soon
There is no UBW anime

Aug 2013
They even cut out Lancer and Saber's humorous bickering.

Ufo why

Mar 2013
astroprogs said:
which could mean there's a cut portion.

I hope this is the case.
May 9, 2015 8:40 AM

Jul 2007
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Ufo why

gotta make space for tryhard edgelordy filler moments u kno.

fateoffate said:
astroprogs said:
which could mean there's a cut portion.

I hope this is the case.

This brings me strong dejavu to the first cour "bd will fix it all!" attitude.

Aug 2010
Othi-tan said:
Anyone heard what he preview was talking about?I only paid attention to the pieces and if 20&21 are Answer then it is too soon for THAT scene.

Next episode is episode 19. It's not soon.

May 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Ufo why

Could easily be at the start of next episode.

Sep 2014
UBW to freshen your memories

Feb 2014
Judging by the pacing, we won't be getting an hour long episode at the end of the show.

This episode didn't seem as great as I hoped it would have been, but I can't judge it fairly without subs.
May 9, 2015 8:41 AM

Oct 2014
It's very different. Shirou didn't just summon Caliburn and destroy everything in his path with it. He copied each sword and collided them to destroy both, which is kind of foreshadowing for the final fight in the series. Well yea, it could have been better. But remember that ufoUBW is probably a bit different from vnUBW, since it was established long ago that the NPs work differently in the anime than in the VN.
May 9, 2015 8:41 AM

Aug 2009
Insertanamehere said:
chanting most of UBW instead of the last line was pretty silly.

At least they showed analysis of weapons. And no explanation on why UBW collapsed.
That's exactly like the VN.
Cant say anything about the others without subs.
May 9, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2009
Jtiger987 said:
Judging by the pacing, we won't be getting an hour long episode at the end of the show.
They've already confirmed that the last episode will be double length.
May 9, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2010
mira-nyan said:

Now how is this not look awesome?
May 9, 2015 8:43 AM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
It's very different. Shirou didn't just summon Caliburn and destroy everything in his path with it. He copied each sword and collided them to destroy both, which is kind of foreshadowing for the final fight in the series. Well yea, it could have been better. But remember that ufoUBW is probably a bit different from vnUBW, since it was established long ago that the NPs work differently in the anime than in the VN.

Lol, Shirou didn't summon Caliburn #.#

And he can't use it without Saber.
May 9, 2015 8:43 AM
Feb 2014
stAtic91 said:
Jtiger987 said:
They've already confirmed that the last episode will be double length.

That's weird. They'll have to fill the rest of the show with lots of filler bullshit. Even I'm starting to become somewhat pessimistic.
May 9, 2015 8:44 AM

Mar 2013
astroprogs said:
mira-nyan said:

The background and special effects are awesome. I agree.
Doesn't save the pacing issue. Oh well, I'll stop complaining now.
I don't want to become another Counter Guardian.

Oct 2014
mira-nyan said:
Grey-Zone said:

I was talking about DEEN. Where Shirou basically did EVERYTHING with Caliburn.

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
Othi-tan said:

Next episode is episode 19. It's not soon.
Hm... for some reason I thought it was during an Answer interlude.

May 2014
astroprogs said:
mira-nyan said:

It looks fine when it's not moving lol
May 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
mira-nyan said:

I was talking about DEEN. Where Shirou basically did EVERYTHING with Caliburn.

Site it. :I
Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.