Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 18, 2021 11:58 AM
Nov 2017
It was a happy ending, at least until after the credits

If you have a next season, the problems of this body will be much worse than the previous one, and they will have to create empathy for the cell phone of this new body (I already have an idea of how, even if they change some things in the manga)
Mar 18, 2021 12:02 PM
Nov 2017
Was not expecting that twist at the end. Great anime, maybe we will get season 2 someday. Btw which chapter should I start the manga?

They changed the order of the diseases in the manga, so I advise you to read from the beginning, some diseases like pulmonary embolism and the energetics were after the transfusion in the manga
Mar 18, 2021 12:12 PM
Aug 2020
ZeroTwo__002 said:
Was not expecting that twist at the end. Great anime, maybe we will get season 2 someday. Btw which chapter should I start the manga?

They adapted chapters well out of order, you might as well start from the begining.
Mar 18, 2021 12:23 PM

Aug 2009
I expected happy end, but never this what happened after the credits... They were isekaied! (O_o)
Mar 18, 2021 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
OOOOOOH.. that ending.. WTF.. i was having such feels good feeling then the post credit scene happened.. and its so freaking depressing.. then again.. it is Hataraku Saibou Black.. its meant to be dark..i just started hoping wrong..
Can anyone spoil me? does the relationship between RBC and WBC progresses? i mean ofc not like kissing etc.. but as in partners??
Mar 18, 2021 12:32 PM
Jun 2019
Dang a transfer to an even worse body was not what I was expecting, but dang it makes me want a second season. And for a spin off series, that's a first for me.

Honestly for a spin off this was a much better show than I thought it might be, honestly kind of enjoyed it a bit more than the original. And now I kind of want another spin off, maybe this time get a puberty body, see what they can do for entertainment with that (imagine the erection episode for that).
Mar 18, 2021 12:32 PM
Jul 2015
D1tchd1gger said:
I posted this in another thread about what could happen at the end:
D1tchd1gger said:
Need a cross over event where the BLACK body gets a blood transfusion from the other body!

In the ball park, but not quite a 100% correct guess, but it could still happen!

The good old switcheroo'
Mar 18, 2021 1:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The fact that the subsequent events are happening when the world's in darkness really adds to the horror thats going through the cells though. Still RB cells speech reflected well on the many lessons that he had learned from working in the body and the many encounters and experiences he had with other cells. The prayers and wishes of the cells for the body to fight on was really impressive in showing their determination to keep working till the bitter end. The resultant deliveries sure produced some impressive reactions from the cells. After that near death experience looks like the owner is finally starting to change his ways. Overall an excellent ep to end the series with that combined excellent tension with hope and determination to fight to the last.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2021 1:15 PM

Oct 2016
Wow. Just wow, this season was absolutely amazing. I cannot believe they got transfused to another Code: Black environment, this is definitely the perfect segway for a season 2, so hopefully, we have that to look forward to.

I was wondering how they'd continue the series as the body would either die and the series would end, or it would survive healthily and the end, so nicely done.

Mar 18, 2021 1:15 PM

Mar 2020
When everything has been solved, another issue arrives as AA2153 finds himself in a new environment with worse conditions. I hope to see a second season announced soon ^_^

I liked this. It was enjoyable, thrilling and meaningful. Tackled different situations and how we should cope with them.
Mar 18, 2021 1:18 PM

Aug 2015
Nice finale. I liked this spin-off more than season two of the original.

Damn, just when everything was going well they seem to have been transported to another body??

Well, it sets up for a potential second season - looking forward to it!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Mar 18, 2021 1:31 PM

Apr 2015
4:44 this body.... is trying to live

umm no. OTHER people are trying to revive this body because it has to pay rent and taxes and hospital bills. and he has enough of that soul-sucking 9-5 job. that's why this body is resorting to alcohol, smoking etc.

previous episode they used euphemism and dialed up to 9999. this time the main character is just straight up telling lies and propaganda.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Mar 18, 2021 1:34 PM

Jul 2011
If next season, please female body that time with code black.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 18, 2021 1:37 PM

Mar 2018
wow why was it getting emotional seeing them all beg for the body to live, its so weird to see it from that perspective..

also everything was looking back to normal and almost the ship of the season came true

BUT GETTING TRANSFUSED INTO ANOTHER BODY IS JUST CRUEL TF

at least all the main characters got put in the new body and that means another season with new characters too pogu
Mar 18, 2021 1:42 PM

Sep 2019
Just when I thought everything was back to normal they got isekaid... I certainly did not expect that.

It was a fine show. I'm not a big fan of them saying things like "we, cells have to work till we die", they made overworking look like it's something to be proud of or a responsibility. I know that's not what they wanted it to mean but it came across to me that way. It didn't have any big flaws or things I didn't like except that one so it was a fine show in my opinion. I liked the original more since I'm into cute shows more than dark ones.
Mar 18, 2021 1:47 PM

Jan 2020
Forced to put a good ending, but unfortunately the previous chapter is the end for many, when it can be avoided

An anime that has gone unnoticed this season, it turns out, has been one of the best of its kind.

That confession of erythrocyte, will remain for the next season, what is what they have shown in the end, will there be another confirmation apart from that?

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Mar 18, 2021 2:03 PM

Mar 2019
Well...good end?! At least for that body...looks like they were transferred to another human now...and everything starts from zero again
Mar 18, 2021 2:10 PM
Jul 2015
who didn't cry by today is lying - that's my take :)

This is very unrated. I believe this would help many people that eat bad, smoke or don't treat the world with respect due.
I believe this should have end with death - and I would advice to any grimdark lover as one of the grimmest animes I've watch and I watch a lot. Although desirable is the redemption and some hope on the horizon so I understand this twist.

Thank you for your all work. Even better that cells at work (the "white" one).
Paulo_GoncalvesMar 18, 2021 2:17 PM
perkunos.blogspot.com
Mar 18, 2021 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Fuck, that twist ending was so cruel. I already knew what would happen, but still hits hard. At the very least the cells from the old body got their happy ending.
Mar 18, 2021 2:11 PM

Dec 2018
Looks like our beloved cells will have to start life in another body from zero, hopefuly next season!

What a thrilling story and sweet finale. Hands down my favorite show of the season.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Mar 18, 2021 2:22 PM

Dec 2015
Of course, the anime can't finish with a happy ending. Now, the red blood cell (AA2153) and his rookie, as well as white blood cell (U-1196), got transferred to another body in a terrible state.
Mar 18, 2021 2:26 PM
Oct 2015
That after credits scene was one of the most tragic things ever. Not even sad, just tragic. Eat your heart out Shakespeare.
Mar 18, 2021 2:28 PM

Apr 2015
So we got a happy ending after all, the body is back on it's feet and for once looking after itself as well.

Or so we thought.... They Isekaied to another, even worse Code Black body... That's rough luck.

Overall, pretty fun show. Not better than the OG series in my opinion, however it does make you pay attention to what will happen to your body if you don't take care of it. A good lesson learned really. Gonna miss the white blood cells ... 7/10
Mar 18, 2021 2:44 PM

Sep 2020
This was a great final episode, I even got a lil teary-eyed in some parts and I was so happy to see most cells safe and sound. The part about how all the cells are insignificant on their own but they rely on each other and come together to achieve something great was a nice message. That scene after the outro though was tough, I wonder what's gonna happen to them and I wonder if we're gonna see white blood cell again. Poor dudes can't catch a break.

Mar 18, 2021 2:50 PM
Jul 2019
Ah man when you think you could get a nice relaxing job, you get isekai'd to some other's body which is failing.
Mar 18, 2021 2:53 PM

Mar 2011
Ffs, not going to lie I wanted a bad ending; it is supposed to be a dark series and make itself more different from the main series which also had a happy ending.

I watched this series and enjoyed it more because it had a bit more drama. It had a vastly different body condition to the main series and a loss of life shown more impact.

The next body has to fail surely.
Mar 18, 2021 2:57 PM

Oct 2019
Great season (series?) finale. So just when this body changed its ways (a close dance with death can have that effect) the two leads, along with a newbie, were transfused into another body in an even worse state, which I thought was not possible...

In the mainline Hataraku Saibou anime, where the genders of red and white blood cells are reversed, a blood transfusion was already shown but the other way around (the body the cells live in got a blood transfusion from another donor).

Assuming we get a season 2 of Black we are going to see our main leads living and working in another body, like exiles, which should be quite interesting.
Mar 18, 2021 3:07 PM

Jul 2019
sorry but idc if it is a hint for a second season!! I was going to give it a 8/10 but now it is a 7/10!!! let the cells rest in peace!! they worked so hard! smh
Mar 18, 2021 3:33 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
OMFG, I KNEW THERE'D EVENTUALLY BE A BLOOD TRANSFUSION
Mar 18, 2021 3:47 PM

Oct 2017
LMAO That season 2 bait!

What a clever way to bait a 2nd season.
It makes us feel bad for doing blood donation XD.
Mar 18, 2021 4:00 PM

Jan 2018
Great episode, but I gotta admit I didn't see the blood transfusion coming lol.
Poor Sekkekkyuu got transfused into an even worser body the moment the original one decided to take care of himself.

Overall I had a lot of fun watching this anime, I hope we get a second season.

8/10
Mar 18, 2021 4:40 PM

Dec 2018
i definitely didn't expect that isekai ending, haha!
poor mc rbc...
Mar 18, 2021 5:52 PM

Jun 2017
BAD END.

I didn't expect that twist to have them end up in a waaay worse body. lmao

It was a great ride and I enjoyed it more than the main series actually. I am not sure if they will really make S2 or that was just troll but either way I am cool with it.
Mar 18, 2021 7:16 PM

Jul 2011
But the bright times before credits were strange,the person made a 180 turn, no fat,no stress(somehow), and magically no smoking and alcoholism(both looked brink of cancer)

So at least 12 months passed since gonorrhea episode. Seeing that you can just donate blood after 12 months after treatment. Or someone lied to donate.

Mar 18, 2021 7:25 PM
Oct 2018
CanisTomek said:
I expected happy end, but never this what happened after the credits... They were isekaied! (O_o)

There is Isekai of Another Human body and New season 2 next year
Mar 18, 2021 7:28 PM

Mar 2021
I was aiming for the bad ending tho, but yeah this is fine, I loved it, I think this is the best anime I watch in this season. So much we can learn and so much memorable moments in this show. Absolute 8/10 for me.

Mar 18, 2021 7:32 PM
Oct 2018
After Surviving of Human Body of Heart Attack.All Red and While Blood Cellare Donate of Blood Bank. To another Human Body of the Next Chapter and Next Year season 2 of Cell at work!
Mar 18, 2021 7:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
"If one by one, the works may be insignificant. But with all the efforts of us, cells at works. The body was able to live on"
Work, work, and work! The motto suddenly ringing my minds in no time xd.

Well. That after credit scene actually really got me hard. The transfusion ended the poor Rbc-kun into the whole black code lifes cycle again in a completely worst situations. No time for happy end. I even think its an unsatisfying finisher. But that's it all, for you who wanted the never ending desperation for your beloved Rbc-kun xd. Well, at least he got a new friend to be cared off, and a lover to be loved. Together they will be fighting with the new environment from the very first beginning again. Ganbare, cells at works!

About the score, if this spin-off right cutting off at the previous episode, the series shall be easily end at my 9. However, this 'alternative end', and especially that 'additional what if' scene, unbeliavably give me a bit of bad taste in my mouth. So, yeah, i shall reducing my point against that by 8. However, as the overall these black one truly entertaining more than the main series. Its an undeniable truth. So, yeah, hope the franchises are not death, and bringing more spin-off show can be good for the sake of a better educational anime transition to the industry.

That's it all from me.
badabassMar 18, 2021 7:57 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 18, 2021 8:42 PM
Oct 2018
I was expecting that blood transfusion to link up with the one at the end of season 1 of the main Cells at Work, and our cells would have to come together for the corona virus, which I hear is the final part of the main series. Maybe that was wishful thinking lol

I wasn't expecting a "happy" ending, but I guess it gives the message that changing your bad lifestyle can improve your body and health. It sucks for our cells to now be placed into a new body in poor health soon after the other one got better. I wonder if we'll get another season.
Mar 18, 2021 9:55 PM

Apr 2020
eh too bad the bastard lived
i want to learn more about post mortem cellular activity

Mar 18, 2021 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
NO SHIT! Fuck that after-credits scene. Seriously, that was such a "fuck you" to my boy RBC. He just got sucked out of this now healthy body to be placed inside yet another shitty environment via blood donation/blood transfusion. Man, that's so rough.

Well, unfortunate turn of events aside, it was a pretty nice finale for this highly informative spin-off. The body received some CPR which ended up saving its owner's life and said event even managed to make him change his poor lifestyle given the near-death experience. In the end, it was a happy ending for the body but not so much for poor RBC and WBC. The scene with him saying how much he admired her was pretty cute, by the way.

Overall, a pretty good complement for the original Cells at Work! project. Honestly, I will never understand the people who shit on the original for not being "dark" enough like BLACK but well. They can go fuck themselves and as someone above said, both versions have their own charm and should be taken as complements instead of individual shows.

8/10 - Hoping for a second season or if anything, an adaptation for the Cells at Work! Lady or Cells at Work! Baby manga.
SouthRzVaMar 18, 2021 10:09 PM
Mar 18, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 2020
its a good anime 8.7/10
Mar 18, 2021 10:57 PM

Jun 2014
So which chapter should I continue from the manga?
Mar 18, 2021 11:35 PM

Nov 2020
Finally this is over, to bad he got transferred into another body. I love when Seto Kaiba- I means Kenjirou Tsuda become The Narrator.

overall 9/10
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Mar 19, 2021 1:49 AM

Apr 2018
Looks like the body is better after that heart attack and everybody can work better. Man this was a wild adventure in this body and it made me realize how i need to take care of my body as well. That heart attack really scared me ngl. TOO bad when it was just about to get good HE GETS TRANSFERED TO ANOTHER BODY.

Good watch liked it a lot better than regular cells at work. I would give it 8/10

Having Kenjirou Tsuda as the narrator is so goooood.
Mar 19, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2014
Hataraku Saibou Black is probably the most important anime made in 2021 or ever. It has made me feel horrible while watching it but it made me realize I need to take care of my body. It's very dark but I'm really gald I watched it. Take care of yourselves everybody.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 19, 2021 4:15 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, why did they have to end it like that? So unfair for everyone...
Now I feel sad for all the cells of the original body who'll be devastated by the sudden loss of the MC...
Mar 19, 2021 4:18 AM
Apr 2020
Lol.. MC Red Blood Cell can't really take a break. Now he transported in a different body! What a great cliffhanger huh..

9/10 for this. This definitely is one of my favorite shows and a hidden gem in Winter 2021. Lidenfilms really did a good job on every aspect. Enjoyed this more than the original Cells at Work one. Hoping for more Code Black adaptation in the future :)
Mar 19, 2021 5:15 AM

Dec 2015
8/10. Likes this as much as I liked the other seasons (normal Hataraku Saibou). Both had is pros and cons. And tbh a lot of times I liked the normal Hataraku Saibou a bit more - on average.

Some great episodes here though ... that were better than any episode in the original series had been. Last episode was great. With the old lady and the emotional moments. Red guy delivering again and meeting the commander guy.

The ending was weird. Unless it was a blood donatoin for own use and they got injected into a different part of the same body. (Where surgery happened where the situation had been still pretty bad.)
Mar 19, 2021 5:55 AM

Mar 2016
Just when you thought the body finally took care of itself and became healthier, it decides to donate its blood to an unhealthy person. It's a good thing to do, but I feel bad for the cells.

I wanna see a second season.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Jan 7, 2021

178 by Seraschi »»
May 14, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 28, 2021

68 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 19, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Do you love your body?

Shizuna - Apr 8

7 by johnythepvpgod »»
Apr 12, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2021

110 by Penguinu »»
Jan 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 4, 2021

68 by Distrekzy »»
Sep 27, 2023 7:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.