Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 28, 2016 8:31 AM
Aug 2014
last time conon was airing I was a single man, now my kid is graduation highschool.
Apr 28, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2015

She's back ! Shit is about to get real !
Apr 28, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
FINALLY THE FUCKING FILLER ENDED!!!!
Apr 28, 2016 10:01 AM

Feb 2015
Milk_is_Special said:

Milk_is_Special said:

Milk_is_Special said:

Praise the Lord! Now we can get back on the damn track.
Apr 28, 2016 10:14 AM
Dec 2013
I enjoyed this Itachi backstory. Nice to see that the second-half of the episode was canon. And next week's episode will also be canon, so we'll be getting our first completely canon episode of the year.

So yeah, Kaguya's finally here, and we are back to canon material for now. But I've heard about filler episodes involving Kaguya will start airing sometime later this year. Pierrot really should start wrapping this series up.
Apr 28, 2016 10:23 AM
Mar 2011
I don't think we gonna have another filler now until chapter 699. But between 699 and 700, they would probably do adaptations of the others Light Novel and fillers showing the life of Naruto before the birth of Boruto/Sarada/Himawari.
Apr 28, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
It's interesting seeing things from Itachi's point of view. He must have been hurting so much while beating up Sasuke.

And I don't believe it, I saw Madara in 2016. Also, the greatest con of all time was played on Madara.

Kaguya! Yes, the original Naruto taste and suspense. Give me more please. Don't ever ever go on fillers again.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 28, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
LegendBonjet said:
All right, now the filler is gone... (For now.)

Hype is in next episode!

I think you can rest easy, the announcement said they are going into the final battle of the arc, so if there is any other filler, it will be after the manga story has concluded and by then people won't give a shit bout this series any more.

SML619Luci said:
Wow, they really wasted Madara's character, they way he was taken out was pretty pathetic.
Kaguya's OST is really cool though.
I'm glad that Mugen Filler no Jutsu is finally over..... well, at least temporarily. You never know with Pierrot.
3/5

Well i guess but he was a big part of the entire war, so its not like he didn't get enough screen time. It just kind of feels like that, because we been in filler hell for so damn long, we forgot about madara and right when we see him again, BAM he's gone.

Apr 28, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
FlyingDunsparce said:
Finally the canon is back!

I'm really looking forward to Asian Kung-Fu Generation next week.

Me too man!!!!! Naruto makes the best openings :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
I much prefer more episodes with Itachi than the stuff with Kaguya that is about to go down. This is probably the worst part of the whole war arc.
Apr 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
link9us said:

Well i guess but he was a big part of the entire war, so its not like he didn't get enough screen time. It just kind of feels like that, because we been in filler hell for so damn long, we forgot about madara and right when we see him again, BAM he's gone.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to an epic fight between Madara and Naruto, but then Kaguya stole the show and made a fool out of Madara.
Apr 28, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2011
Finally back in canon. Kaguya's OST was badass too. Bring on another great opening Asian Kung Fu Generation!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2016
black zetsu why, why you so strong and not let madara just blow up and have chunks all over the place

obito is on the floor, soraka and kakashi have nothing to do, hmmmmm

Apr 28, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
We're back to the canon, but the question is... For how long?
Apr 28, 2016 3:06 PM

Feb 2013
It was heartbreaking to watch that grouping of Itachi flashback scenes from his PoV. While he brutalizes Sasuke we can hear his thoughts plead for forgiveness... AHHH THE PAIN!!! The conclusion of his arc right in the middle of the ep was...I have mixed feelings...

I get the transition of all of that to Sasuke's decisions in the present and YAY WE ARE FREED FROM THE FILLER AT LAST!!! but...

I can't believe I'm going to say that I wish the transition to the present/war arc/Kaguya was done at the very end of the ep instead of dividing it in half. Please don't hate me! *cowers*

It made Itachi's end feel even more horrible. I know that's the point and I get the idea behind the transition, but I felt so incredibly sad and then it was like NEEDLE RIPS ACROSS THE RECORD AND WE ARE IN THE PRESENT. JAGGED AF.

I can't believe I'm like, "More filler, please!" but Itachi's character is so important and the way this episode "wrapped it up" smack in the middle felt awful. I know that's how we're supposed to feel about Itachi's life and death but...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EP BEFORE A COMMERCIAL BREAK NO NO NO!!! THE PAIN!!! >O<

I guess since I've watched every Naruto everything I'm probably used to the filler but...I never liked it! (Except that one ep where they try to find out what's under Kakashi's mask - that was hilarious and I loved every second.) This is the one time I was hopeful for the filler and [INSERT RANT HERE]. While this arc certainly had it's moments, it could have been so much more. </3

I wanted to feel like HALLELUJAH like I did at the end of every other filler but...nope. I just feel sad. I'll be all excited for next week's ep but...not right now.
Apr 28, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2015
Itachi's Arc was one of the best, if not the only really good fillers in Naruto Shippuden, it made me love Itachi, one character I never was really into, now he is one of my favorite characters.
It was really good to see things in his perspective, and how he loved Sasuke and remembered him in every moment of his life. Great to see that scene when Itachi dies again, that fight was reaaaaally good, and that moment was beautiful.
deathbyglitter said:
I can't believe I'm going to say that I wish the transition to the present/war arc/Kaguya was done at the very end of the ep instead of dividing it in half. Please don't hate me! *cowers*
Yeah, that was surprisingly abrupt. They kinda rushed to the end of that so we could return to the present.

Now to the present! The fight is back and now with Kaguya (her OST was awesome, I want that!). I'm really excited to see the next episodes!!
Apr 28, 2016 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
Good ol' Pierrot mixing in filler episodes into canon ones so it makes it way harder to skip fillers for people coming into the series.

Good to see it back regardless, though I already know the filler will be back soon since the Kaguya backstory part is coming.
Apr 28, 2016 6:00 PM

Aug 2015
-City_reaper- said:

Am i the only one who thinks that kaguya is kinda hot?(at least in the anime)
Yayy no more fillers, i thought this series would never end lol.
And the ending of the itachi filler was really weird, itachi should've narrated some final words but whatever.
Apr 28, 2016 6:09 PM

Aug 2007
Damn Madara was making a point about peace the entire time but it was not ideal. But after black zetsu betrayed him I couldn't help to feel bad. Hoping this will be an epic battle with, dare I say, no f-words.
Apr 28, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2014
The transition between filler and canon was awful, though Kaguya's rebirth was handled well.

Honestly, there's no such thing as too much Itachi.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 28, 2016 9:35 PM

Oct 2014
I was honestly more heart broken seeing madaras dream fall apart than watching the itachi flashbacks for the umpteenth time.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Apr 28, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2011
ITACHI T___T

OMG Kaguya 0___0
Apr 28, 2016 10:51 PM

Aug 2008
well i skipped the previous filler but watched Itachi's arc which was pretty enjoyable wish wasn't so rushed and maybe more about his akatsuki period
canon back sadly barely on 12 i'll see the next if recall well from ann
The spider is watching
Apr 28, 2016 11:41 PM
Dec 2010
I really don't like the way they concluded the Itachi arc. The pacing felt great all the way up until he joined the Akatsuki, then super rushed from then on. I wanted more backstory about what he was doing and how he really felt about it.

It was nice getting some inner monologue out of such a mysterious character. Especially on scenes/situations we had previously seen countless times.

I suppose it is better than them creating tons of nonsensical storylines for him, just to pad things out. But there were certain events I would've liked to have his perspective on. Especially in relation to his brother.

Oh well, what's done is done. Glad the fillers are over and hope the show can finally finish gracefully. Because these many months of fillers have further tarnished the show for me.
Apr 29, 2016 1:56 AM
Jun 2015
finally the real Naruto is back
finally there is real excitement to next week episode
Apr 29, 2016 2:11 AM
Mar 2014
Finally no more filler
Apr 29, 2016 4:02 AM

Jul 2012
Finally no more filler Woot woot.
Apr 29, 2016 4:50 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shit, the fillers are over! Black Zetzu reveals that Black Zetzu is Kaguya's will. And Kaguya kills Madara! She only had used Madara like he used Obito. For this, she had changed the stone tablets from Hagoromo, the Sage of Six Paths. May the battle begin: All left survivors of the world vs. Kaguya!
Apr 29, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 2010
whoa! are we really back to canon?
Apr 29, 2016 4:48 PM
Aug 2015
this was worth the wait. so worth it. i hope we get another episode from the manga next week. lol, its fucked up that i even wonder.
Apr 30, 2016 12:03 AM

Mar 2015
Ah damn, I thought this episode was canon episode so I was going to watch it. And damn... I almost got spoiled by Itachi's arc. Now that I see this, I kind of want to watch it.

Next week's preview's animation looks good though. I hope they don't fuck up like with Guy's eight gate animation.

Apr 30, 2016 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
Finally back to covering the manga.
Such a harsh transition though.
Apr 30, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2009
The filler is over, praise the sun! Now we finally get to see the battle against Kaguya in anime form! Poor Madara...that is such a sucky way to go out and he was asking Hashirama where he went wrong :/
Apr 30, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
"Where did I go wrong... Hashirama?"
Apr 30, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2016
playing mindgames over decades and the culprit is a woman :D

madara getting trampled on and it's not hashirama doing it, i guess he's very excited right now (if he's alive that is).

and we'll get more transformations that's for sure...quite frankly i'm sick of it but the conclusion is getting closer and closer
Apr 30, 2016 5:30 PM

May 2010
I think Itachi's filler was the best in the entire franchise. Maybe because it was more like semi-filler? No idea, but it was good to remind fans probably the most intriguing storyline in Naruto. Itachi was probably the most tragic character, what's not to love about him.

Well, anyway, finally - main story is back! Too bad Madara had to be taken out in such a pathetic way... I wasn't big fan of Kaguya's story in manga, but maybe animated it will make more sense? Or so I hope...

Can't wait to check out new opening, it better be at least as good as Haruka Kanata from the first season!
Apr 30, 2016 11:15 PM

Mar 2016
Finally back to the main arc eh ? Well it was about time.

Lemme just grab my popcorn & pray for no more fillers until the end.
May 1, 2016 12:30 AM
Nov 2011
actually fillers will be resuming after next weeks episode. lovely >_>
May 1, 2016 12:50 AM

Apr 2014
DarklordVor said:
Ah damn, I thought this episode was canon episode so I was going to watch it. And damn... I almost got spoiled by Itachi's arc. Now that I see this, I kind of want to watch it.

Next week's preview's animation looks good though. I hope they don't fuck up like with Guy's eight gate animation.

Guy's eight gate fight already happened.
May 1, 2016 6:49 AM

Sep 2013
FINALLY!! Wow i was just insanely glad thaat we were back to cannon.
Liked how Madara's goal was more fleshed out in the anime. Gave a more detailed reason to his actions.
But man Kaguya stole the show!
She didnt say a freaking word but daam! That OST was just summarizing my feelings...
It was like HOLY SHIT SHE'S HERE!
Hopefully the pierrot do it justice because i can see the potential of the anime adaptation in making a much better and awesome fight than the manga.
Man i'm so glad its over... That OST though... mind blowing!!!
Can't wait for AKF Gen for the final awesome OP to do justice to this arc.

God it feels good typing somwthing here after a while!
And daam Kaguya's hot!
May 1, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:
DarklordVor said:

What I mean is, I hope they don't fucked up again like Guy's eight gate's animation fight. It looked like a cardboard fight than a high budget ones.

May 1, 2016 10:53 AM

Sep 2008
First the "main boss" was Obito, for he was strong and no one could beat him.
But no, he was actually manipulated by Madara, so he was the last one to beat.
No, wait, Madara is using ten tails to fight whole army, all 5 Leaf Kages and Naruto.
No, no, sorry, it's Obito again, he absorbed ten tails. He's basically unstoppable now.
Oh no, sorry, it was just what Madara wanted, he now absorbed Obitos' body to be reborn.
Woops, sorry, it's not Madara, it's actually black Zetsu working for Kaguya.

I just want to point out this is all during just 1 fight.
M. Night Shyamalan would be proud.

Give it 2 more episodes and I can even see the actual Sage of Six paths get reborn by using his mother and saying it was his plan all along and he became evil because his cat fell off the tree and died. Poor cat.

But then again, I should be happy we're back on canon and I just want to see how it ends so I'll stop whining and enjoy fighting. That's all this end is, one giant fight scene.

Let me just explain why I got so pissed off at constant antagonist changes.
First we had Obito, semi to fully established guy, turning bad due to shit from the past, blah blah blah. He got backstory, arc dedicated to him, few episodes of fighting and then he was switched to Madara.
Then the same routine happened to Madara, backstory, his explanation why he wants to do what he's doing, blah blah blah, some fighting.
Kaguya was mentioned in a, what, 5 episodes total, and that's being generous.

Why make her the villain now? Why not have someone, aka Madara, inherit her desire to rule, conquer, whatever. Why establish people only to drop them for the ultimate, original evil?
Ugh, I've seen the show up to this point, I'm gonna see it till the end now.
May 1, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
DarklordVor said:
Z4k said:

What I mean is, I hope they don't fucked up again like Guy's eight gate's animation fight. It looked like a cardboard fight than a high budget ones.

Ah then you shouldn't worry about that since some of their best staff will be working on the future episodes.
May 2, 2016 9:48 AM
Sep 2015
nina4life said:
First the "main boss" was Obito, for he was strong and no one could beat him.
But no, he was actually manipulated by Madara, so he was the last one to beat.
No, wait, Madara is using ten tails to fight whole army, all 5 Leaf Kages and Naruto.
No, no, sorry, it's Obito again, he absorbed ten tails. He's basically unstoppable now.
Oh no, sorry, it was just what Madara wanted, he now absorbed Obitos' body to be reborn.
Woops, sorry, it's not Madara, it's actually black Zetsu working for Kaguya.

I just want to point out this is all during just 1 fight.
M. Night Shyamalan would be proud.

Give it 2 more episodes and I can even see the actual Sage of Six paths get reborn by using his mother and saying it was his plan all along and he became evil because his cat fell off the tree and died. Poor cat.

But then again, I should be happy we're back on canon and I just want to see how it ends so I'll stop whining and enjoy fighting. That's all this end is, one giant fight scene.

Let me just explain why I got so pissed off at constant antagonist changes.
First we had Obito, semi to fully established guy, turning bad due to shit from the past, blah blah blah. He got backstory, arc dedicated to him, few episodes of fighting and then he was switched to Madara.
Then the same routine happened to Madara, backstory, his explanation why he wants to do what he's doing, blah blah blah, some fighting.
Kaguya was mentioned in a, what, 5 episodes total, and that's being generous.

Why make her the villain now? Why not have someone, aka Madara, inherit her desire to rule, conquer, whatever. Why establish people only to drop them for the ultimate, original evil?

So you're saying that you want a Kaguya back story arc. jk

Its not just this series, but I really get annoyed by how insanely OP the main characters become. Naruto and Sasuke are the only ones able to stand up to Madara with the powers of the 10 tails, and whatever other powers he had. All of the Hokage's were basically useless, that army.... worthless. Literally all that army did was stand around and force Naruto to defend them.
May 2, 2016 1:47 PM
Oct 2013
nina4life said:

Because the backstabbing of Madara made his actions in retrospect extremely ironic.
He would do whatever it takes to reach his goal, preparing several failsaves for the possibility of his plans turning not the way he wanted and still got fucked over by the same scheming he applied his whole life after losing to Hashirama.

His initial plan was to make Nagato revive him, which is why Obito taught Nagato the Rinnegan techniques. If that should fail he had still Obito to revive him by aquiring his Rinnegan, that he also had double backup for.

For once he used the puppet seal around Obito´s heart to controll him and since Obito avoided that he still could use Black Zetsu as a backup plan to enforce his will on him. Going out of his way to make the boy his pawn and literally make him behave the same way Madara himself would.

Kaguya is just the equivalent of Satan within this universe.She didn´t care about morality, has no reasoning for her actions, besides selfish desires and no tragic past to justify her actions.

While Madara and Obito constantly thought they´d do it for the greater good, always assuming that they used on another.
It´s like plotting two sides in a war, who fight for patriotism, for freedom, for love, or for protection, when in actuality the war is always fought for the selfish needs of those who stand above you.

If you take a look at any war in history, it´s never fought for the smallfolk but for the people who demand power.
Kaguya is a decent represantation of that selfish desire, or alternatively Satan, who behaves the same way and is attributed with the same traits (selfishness, scheming, jealously....).
May 2, 2016 3:19 PM
Dec 2014
Happy that the main finally comes back, I won't be so happy, because may my happiness will over soon. Fillers are more and more common in the Anime. =(
May 2, 2016 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
KenMasters34 said:

So you're saying that you want a Kaguya back story arc. jk

Its not just this series, but I really get annoyed by how insanely OP the main characters become. Naruto and Sasuke are the only ones able to stand up to Madara with the powers of the 10 tails, and whatever other powers he had. All of the Hokage's were basically useless, that army.... worthless. Literally all that army did was stand around and force Naruto to defend them.

First off, I'll actually be surprised if we don't get Kaguya arc.

Onto other part. Yes, yes and yes. I understand final fight must be epic, glorious and better than anything else previously, but they've gone a bit too far into ultra-super-extreme powers.

And I'd still be able to get over that if they defeated ANYONE so far.
Ten tails whooped their ass, then was consumed. Obito whooped their ass, then got consumed, Madara kept crushing them left, right, up and down, and they didn't come even close to even putting a dent in him before he got consumed.

They're upping the scale without overcoming previous one.
It's as if atheletic jumper couldn't jump over 2,10 twice, raised the bar to 2,30, failed 2 times, raised the bar to 2,50, and after failing that twice again, 3m it is.

If this was a video game, I'd probably quit playing after 2nd or 3rd time I defeat same boss and go watch a video on youtube how it ends. I don't like extending stuff just so it lasts longer and looks more "epic".
nina4lifeMay 2, 2016 3:29 PM
May 3, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2014
Never liked Madara being replaced by the boring bitch that is Kaguya...
May 4, 2016 4:13 AM

Nov 2015
Kaguya is here everyone

May 7, 2016 12:12 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned

Saying "Fillers over! Finally!" has nothing to do with the episode itself. Especially when your post contains only this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Mar 6, 2008

61 by Me_Mario »»
Yesterday, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 64 Discussion

oma2r20000 - Jul 4, 2008

45 by kyledluffy »»
Sep 22, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Knave - Aug 26, 2010

194 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 22, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

195 by natsuyah »»
Sep 21, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 407 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2015

48 by leanrv »»
Sep 21, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.