Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 23, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2012
Ok this episode was a little better than the last two boring ones.
Jul 24, 2013 1:41 AM

Apr 2011
Amazing as usual.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jul 24, 2013 5:53 AM

Jun 2012
mugimugi said:

Yeah I did and I heard that most translators abandoned the series either because it was too difficult to tranlates and consumed too much time or it was because the anime aired. It's too bad, even though the english version isn't quite the same as the original, it'd be still more fun if more people had access to Nisio's novels.

I thought as much. Well, I do plan on learning the language, I just don't have the time right now. As soon as I'm done with college will put my mind into it. The noves are just be an extra incentive.
Jul 24, 2013 8:54 AM

May 2013
5/5 good ep
Jul 24, 2013 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
great episode got to see a lot of what i wanted. very happy :) nya!
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jul 24, 2013 5:01 PM

Apr 2012
I think this episode was very boring :/
Jul 25, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2010
Another great episode, and Black Hanekawa always enticing, for me is the best character in the series <3

The ending left a big hype, it's time for the show's Araragi appear not turn into a yuri gag
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 25, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
too many awesome moments in this episode.

- Hitagi's (forced) smile~~ <3 <3 My mind went blank for a moment here, the damage it caused to me was quite severe.

- conversation between Suruga and Tsubasa (what a considerate friend XD)

- Fire Sisters appeared!

- Hitagi cleverly manipulated Karen to help Tsubasa. Too hilarious

- Bath scene. Karen~ *___*

- Shinobu and Black Hanekawa finally met again

- Roy Mustang and Elric brothers? nice!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 25, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
Enjoyable as always. The bath scene was perfect. Can't wait for the next episode.

Jul 25, 2013 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
mugimugi said:
Hitagi isn't actually tsundere.
I think in a very broad sense Hitagi could be considered as tsundere, in the sense that her attitude towards Koyomi started with heavily tsun (while being his girlfriend) in Bake and evolved into a lot more dere in the 2nd season. This tsun to dere shift over time is a classic pattern of tsundere, but of course Hitagi's behavior is mixed with a lot of sarcasm and barbed remarks hence the proportion of tsun/dere may not be immediately noticeable.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 25, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2012
Faiyaa Sistas ! Tsukihi-chan you're so adorable <3
Jul 25, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2007
This show has really gone to shit. Take away Araragi and it goes from great to fucking awful.
Jul 25, 2013 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
JacobGrey93 said:
she's still one of the best written characters in anime.

Why?

I nwver got why people liked her, why is this the case?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 26, 2013 12:26 AM

Apr 2012
Her scenes with Araragi are the most interesting scenes; Senjougahara blends a load of different comedic styles and personae, I think people appreciate her archetype as the cool beauty as well. She's also popular because of how much she emulates anime archetypes but it isn't boring because it always feels as if she's aware that she's doing it and that it's just for the sake of irony on her part.

Also, she's really attractive and her voice actor is pretty fantastic.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Jul 26, 2013 4:48 AM

Jun 2012
ahh Finally the cutest vampire made its appearance :3

and where the hell is Araragi? 3 episodes but no Koyomi :I does this bugs anyone else.
But well I sense something interesting is coming our way
Jul 26, 2013 5:02 AM

Jun 2012
Am I the only one who's not botheted that Arararagi hasn't shown up yet? I do like his characters, but his absence has been actually very interesting so far, not to mention will see what he's up to soon enough.

JacobGrey93 said:
Her scenes with Araragi are the most interesting scenes; Senjougahara blends a load of different comedic styles and personae, I think people appreciate her archetype as the cool beauty as well. She's also popular because of how much she emulates anime archetypes but it isn't boring because it always feels as if she's aware that she's doing it and that it's just for the sake of irony on her part.

Also, she's really attractive and her voice actor is pretty fantastic.

THIS. Senjougahara is awesome! S2
Jul 26, 2013 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
mugimugi said:
BillyMK said:
Am I the only one who's not botheted that Arararagi hasn't shown up yet? I do like his characters, but his absence has been actually very interesting so far, not to mention will see what he's up to soon enough.

I don't get it either, his absence is already one of the most interesting mysteries so far. Plus as I mentioned before, the Neko:Shiro was really really well received due to Hanekawa beeing the narrator.

But well people are just..

NC ^^

Well, I particularly don't like Hanekawa very much (Black Hanekawa is different) and I can't deny I felt a little disapointed when I noticed she would be the one narrating. After some time when I understood what was going on, (that he wouldn't show up), I was hooked.

On a long series of novels the autor has to try different things otherwise it will just be more of the same, even if the story is good.

The chapter skiping because of Black Hanekawa was really clever, at first I didn't realize, I thought they were just beeing skiped in the adaptation. It does make more sense on a book though.
Jul 26, 2013 12:44 PM
Oct 2012
BillyMK said:
Well, I particularly don't like Hanekawa very much (Black Hanekawa is different)

This statement is puzzling, Black Hanekawa without normal Hanekawa to serve as a juxtaposition would not be as attractive. Hanekawa's repressed character is what makes it so much fun to watch Black Hanekawa; if Hanekawa were any different, Black Hanekawa would be correspondingly reduced.

That said, I love Hanekawa as a character, if she was ever to integrate her various personalities together (the progression of the series seem to be moving in that direction) she would be totally awesome; this is why of all the other girls out there, the one Senjougahara is most afraid of is Hanekawa.
Jul 26, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
BillyMK said:
Well, I particularly don't like Hanekawa very much (Black Hanekawa is different)

This statement is puzzling, Black Hanekawa without normal Hanekawa to serve as a juxtaposition would not be as attractive. Hanekawa's repressed character is what makes it so much fun to watch Black Hanekawa; if Hanekawa were any different, Black Hanekawa would be correspondingly reduced.

That said, I love Hanekawa as a character, if she was ever to integrate her various personalities together (the progression of the series seem to be moving in that direction) she would be totally awesome; this is why of all the other girls out there, the one Senjougahara is most afraid of is Hanekawa.

I think her conversations with Araragi were not very interesting. Among the hole cast of characters she is the one that's most stricly connected to reality, she doesn't play around with her personality, she's just normal. I think it's boring. But that doens't mean I think her character is bad or anything, in fact I think she's necessary to balance out the story.

Yes Black Hanekawa wouldn't be so cool if there was no contrast, but It doesn't change my point of view when I think of her normal self as boring. The stories involving her aren't bad either, I just don't like her.
Jul 27, 2013 1:27 AM

Feb 2013
Woah!!!

Shit just got crazy.

Great episode as always.

I laughed my ass off when Hanekawa pointed out that Senjougahara's personality was slipping back into crazy mode, so then Senjougahara stopped it by forcing a smile on her face with her fingers.

Classic.
Jul 27, 2013 11:37 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder why Koyomi meet up with Kanbaru & what they meant by her "linage"?

Hanekawa stay over at the Araragi household after Senjougahara convinces/tricks Karen into letting her stay.

Black Hanekawa has been appearing more frequently making her wonder what's causing Hanekawa's stress cause it wasn't her house getting burned down.

Shinobu finally appears,yay!!!She gets some useful information from Black Hanekawa & in exchange informs her that only her & Hanekawa can see the tiger oddity.

Black Hanekawa carries Shinobu to Eikou Cram School to make the trip short for her so she can get to Koyomi in time.(Seems like they're on friendlier terms now.)

Unfortunately Eikou Cram School was burned down!!!Which I honestly found quite upsetting because that was a very important place in the Monogatari universe.Hitagi was saved here,Koyomi fought Kanbaru/Yozuru/Black Hanekawa there,and many other important scenes happened there so it hit me pretty hard ;.;.
Jul 28, 2013 1:40 AM

Apr 2009
Yay, Karen and Tsukihi are back with speaking lines of their own. Of course Shinobu needs special mention as well.

Now that I've actually seen both Hitagi and Karen together in one shot I must agree with Koyomi calling her the "bigger" sister. She's really tall! The conversations are definitely much more interesting now that people who were unlikely to interact at first are now the ones talking to each other. Before, Koyomi was at the center of every single conversation.

My guess about the seemingly sudden fires is that the tiger is tracking down Tsubasa, and burning down the places where she stays in. If this is correct, it could be that Hitagi's run-down home is next, or perhaps the Araragi house now that she's no longer there. If Koyomi's current "case" is related to the tiger apparition, then there won't be any next places to burn most likely.

Kinda sad to see that special place all of them have memories of is now nothing but ashes. Then again, the abandoned cram school was already a condemned building in the first place...

I'm starting to miss Hiroshi Kamiya's narrating voice a bit. Looks like we won't have to wait long to see Koyomi again, since Shinobu is already out to find him and save his ass again, plus there is Black Hanekawa as temporary transportation. She doesn't come out to help him unless he is in serious hot water after all...
Jul 28, 2013 6:40 AM

Mar 2012
Shnobu once again steals the spotlight <3
Still don't like Tsubasa, her personality just make her so bland, compared to all the other more colourful characters
Jul 28, 2013 2:29 PM

Nov 2010
Hanekawa seems like a stray cat now moving from one home to another after being picked up with Senjougahara and now at Araragi's home

So many characters showed up again in the episode

Looks like someone/thing enjoy to burn down the town
Jul 28, 2013 7:35 PM
Oct 2012
BillyMK said:
I think her conversations with Araragi were not very interesting. Among the hole cast of characters she is the one that's most stricly connected to reality, she doesn't play around with her personality, she's just normal. I think it's boring. But that doens't mean I think her character is bad or anything, in fact I think she's necessary to balance out the story.

Yes Black Hanekawa wouldn't be so cool if there was no contrast, but It doesn't change my point of view when I think of her normal self as boring. The stories involving her aren't bad either, I just don't like her.

You are more or less correct about her conversations, talking to someone who always knows the answer is both boring, and more to the point, annoying. That is the curse Hasegawa is under. She isn't human, she is perfect. I can't think of anything worse for a human being to have happen to them. The tragedy of Hasegawa is that she knows this, as the Hawaiian shirt guy said, he was surprised it took her father so long to actually hit her (and Hasekawa has enough insight to agree with that point) but up until now she hasn't been able to escape her fate. Now that there is another character who knows what is going on, I am hoping that Hasekawa will somehow be able to escape who she is. As I said, a liberated Hasekawa will be a force to be reckoned with. I hope this series gives that her due, since I haven't read ahead, we shall see.
Jul 29, 2013 6:26 AM

Oct 2012
Such another great episode the discussion between Shinobu and Black-Hanekawa was pretty good and that ending can't wait for the next one.
Aug 3, 2013 12:28 AM

Sep 2010
Cabron said:
iLostReason said:
Shinobu and Kanbaru! awesome episode, but really, the whole place got burned? i really liked that building for some reason xd.
I second that.

Same, I actually felt a little upset that the building won't be used for more confrontations (or maybe it will somehow).
Aug 5, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2011
Oh yeah Shinobu finally makes her appearance this season. And I am liking Kanbaru's new look.

Lol at Senjougahara forcing herself to smile, that was so cute. And nice to see her completely manipulate Karen like that haha.
ZeroZxAug 5, 2013 11:29 AM
Aug 6, 2013 1:35 AM

Sep 2011
Yay! Kanbaru! She's the best! :D And aw man. I loved the cram school. ='(
~Izzy Zazztacular~
Aug 11, 2013 12:39 AM

Jun 2012
SayakaMagica said:
Yay, Karen and Tsukihi are back with speaking lines of their own. Of course Shinobu needs special mention as well.

Now that I've actually seen both Hitagi and Karen together in one shot I must agree with Koyomi calling her the "bigger" sister. She's really tall! The conversations are definitely much more interesting now that people who were unlikely to interact at first are now the ones talking to each other. Before, Koyomi was at the center of every single conversation.

Just thought I'd say, I think you meant "both Tsukihi and Karen together ... calling her the "bigger" sister". (Unless I misunderstood what you're referring to) But if that is what you mean, then he calls Karen the bigger sister because she actually is older by one year.

I know I'm nitpicking but I felt the need to point that out. Though as I often do, I'm probably just stupid and reading you wrong. >>
Aug 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2013
I finally got used to Hanekawa being the MC for now, but I'm super glad that Kanbaru showed up, although it was only for a short while, and the Fire Sisters showed up as well (With another bath scene with Hanekawa =3). It also appears that Black Hanekawa has returned and Shinobu as well, and the cram school has been burned down, man now this is getting interesting :)
Aug 31, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
they teased me thinking the Fire Sisters, Senjogahara, and Hanekawa would all be together in one scene...aye

like the 3way bathtime tho

Senjogahara's way of words...always gets what she wants

Shinobu and Neko Hanekawa's conversation was fun
Sep 30, 2013 8:40 AM

Apr 2012
Its like watching the main plot from the sidelines. You know something big is happening with Araragi but you just don't know what!
Oct 14, 2013 8:59 AM
Jul 2013
It's soo boring ...Arararagi should show up
Nov 17, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome, so many characters made a comeback! ^.^ Shinobuuu~! <3
Nov 30, 2013 3:02 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Ah! I was expecting a more unsettling by Hitagi, in giving a roof to Hanekawa.
Plot that goes on forever thanks to the dialogues, good anyway.
Drawings and animations, however, are not of the same level, the more points you note in the mediocre quality profuse. What is also noticeable that in the animation, so it is an eyesore from my point of view. Analyzing a cool head the narrative review sistrers Fire is nothing new, I thought that the game would be played only as "Araragi girls"! XD
The cliffhanger rekindled my expectations of having a splatter of quality! ASD
Nov 30, 2013 9:40 AM

Mar 2010
HalibelTheEspada said:
SayakaMagica said:

Just thought I'd say, I think you meant "both Tsukihi and Karen together ... calling her the "bigger" sister". (Unless I misunderstood what you're referring to) But if that is what you mean, then he calls Karen the bigger sister because she actually is older by one year.

I know I'm nitpicking but I felt the need to point that out. Though as I often do, I'm probably just stupid and reading you wrong. >>

Nope, SayakaMagica is right. Though by logic Karen is older than Tsukihi, being called 'Dekkai hou no Imouto' or literally the big sister, Araragi refers Karen as the biggest and taller little sister because she is actually taller than him. Btw, Karen is the second child in the family whilst Araragi is the eldest of them three.
Jan 4, 2014 5:24 AM

Oct 2012
Oh Hitagi Senjougahara the manipulatitor person xD

So..... The Tiger burn every places that Hanekawa used for sleep??
Aw, poor abandoned cram building :(

Araragi.. Please make an appearance
I know there's many people like when you're not there, but it's not Monogatari without Araragi Koyomi
It's like Harry Potter without Harry :)
"Signature removed"
Jan 18, 2014 4:36 AM

May 2012
I'm quite impressed by the way the series can be so interesting even though it's almost only dialogue. And yay Shinobu! But damn that ending was quite interesting!
Jan 19, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
And look at the Full Metal Alchemist references in this episode LOL

Really? I didn't notice any... (Unless you count her house burning down as a reference)
Feb 1, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
Hanekawa wore Araragi's pajamas.... you know what they say.. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1487362_607754162623439_1211641825_n.jpg.... yeeeeeeeeah!!
Feb 5, 2014 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
More or less a boring episode, except for the end, I found nothing interesting or noteworthy. Hoping Araragi comes back soon, I think 3 eps of Hitagi and Tsubasa conversations is 3 episodes too many :P

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 7, 2014 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
I just noticed that people in Monogatari don't have nipples, too bad.
Mar 14, 2014 3:08 PM

Sep 2010
I feel like kiyomi has a special effect on his love interests. You can see that tsubasa was the first to cut her hair to appeal more to him and sanjo. would counter by doing the same. Now seeing kanbaru with longer hair each season it seems like this is a sign of her femininity increasing as it is clear she has feelings for kiyomi as well.
Mar 17, 2014 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
shinobuuuuu is back so stoked
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 28, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
Nooooo, not the old wrecked school :(
Two buildings that are somehow related to Hanekawa have burned down. The easiest guess to make is that it's the tiger fault. Also, since Araragi asked Kanbaru to come to the school, maybe he know about the tiger existence.

The fire sisters are back, and with new haircut x)
Senjougahara manipulated Karen so easily xD
Dat bath scene... hhnnnnnng

It was so hilarious when Senjougahara breaked out of her new character and forced that smile xD
Also, what Senjougahara said at the beginning was again spot on.

Amost forgot, Kanbaru is such a cutie with that new design :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 2, 2014 6:10 AM

Mar 2014
Kanbaru Suruga looks beautiful with that hair!!
Tsukihi and karen got so beautiful !! tsukihi has a high hair growth!! (Its been awhile ... even if it was just many days ago...)
Hitagi just have to provoke karen to have tsubasa a better house to stay.. (no offense !!)
I can see that tsukihi have grown more modest enough on her current age..
Black hanekawa and shinobu were like buddies now!! they both look kawaii!!
That Ending!!! Cram School was burned down!!
Good Episode as always!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2012
Part of what I love about Senjougahara is how manipulative and unpredictable she is.
Sep 30, 2014 10:53 PM
Jun 2010
The fuck are Roy Mustang, Edward and Alphonse doing there in Senjougahara's notebook? Hahaha.
darkcrescendoSep 30, 2014 11:17 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.