Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 22, 2013 2:18 AM

Aug 2009
skudoops said:
ssjokg said:

Lets say that the pace is bad,you DO understand that they have to make it like this because the manga isnt done right?

Just look at your post I quoted.

BTW I like how it is done.We get more emotions from the chars and the transition from scene to scene isnt very fast.

Which post are you referring to, the one in this quote chain? Secondly I don't see why it would matter if the manga wasn't done or not, I highly doubt they are going beyond the you know what arc, especially since the show drags so much.
This one:"What? After all those flash backs and drawn out scenes they are doing a recap episode? Not sure if serious."

It matters.If they dont catch up to the manga they wont have to make an original ending and just end at a cliffhanger, ideal one being
Jun 22, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2012
I will drop it after current arc is finished. And then I'll wait until airing is finished and watch it once again from the start to the very end of it. It's not SnK's fault, its just me who can't watch ongoings properly.
Jun 22, 2013 3:48 AM

May 2013
ANYONE ELSE, CMON, ANYONE ELSE.
Jun 22, 2013 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
Leapling said:
ANYONE ELSE, CMON, ANYONE ELSE.

Not me! Levi just got introduced! I need more of his D!
D:
The Art of Eight
Jun 22, 2013 4:04 AM

Jan 2013
SergioSource said:
Gotta love how whiny this website's community can be.
Right?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 22, 2013 6:59 AM

Oct 2011
OP sounds like a bitch. He knows he'll keep watching and reading until the end, jizzing every episode. Acting like you're a world class anime critic doesn't make you cool, just makes you look like a fag.
Jun 22, 2013 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
Samhiuy said:
You should be the one who needs to learn to read. No the pacing is not off and I have read a few pages already. You keep talking bullsh*t and about how a chapter which takes 10 minutes to read is stretched out into 20 minutes. You obviously do not understand what the hell is animation. We're watching a damn animation, not just pages of manga goddamn it. There is speaking and music. Of course anyone can goddamn read a damn in 10 minutes. Heck I can read it in 5 minutes, but that doesn't prove a damn thing about the pacing of the anime.

I have to agree with you actually. Manga always takes less time to read for me. It's literally just words and pictures. Animation uses things like music and talking which obviously takes more time so it is supposed to be longer. Shingeki feels a bit slow at times but the pacing is not bad indeed for a manga to anime adaption.
Jun 22, 2013 10:02 AM

May 2013
People should learn to appreciate things instead of crying over stupid things like the pacing of a show when you compare it to a manga. Animes that comes from mangas are adaptation, not a video of the actual pages of the manga. It's impossible to make a perfect show that everyone will like, there are too much factors to take into account like personnal view of what is good and what isn't.

Attack on Titan is an amazing show, a must see for animes fans. Doesn't mean it's perfect. So if you drop a show just because you don't like one thing about it, than I wonder why you are watching Animes/Movies/TV Shows etc...

Take Death Note for exemple, I loved the show, but the soundtrack was shitty in my opinion. Did I drop it? No. I'm even rewatching right now.

To be honest, you should ask youself if you enjoy the show. And if you do, than why drop? If you don't enjoy it, than why are you watching it?
KaelimJun 22, 2013 10:08 AM
Jun 22, 2013 1:10 PM
Feb 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Sourire said:
PoeticJustice said:
MEsoJD said:
Who would drop this? This isn't some over hyped mess like guilty crown or a train wreck like Infinite Stratos.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not....
and once again another hater speaks up.. cool that you hate it, now go away.

You misconstrue my criticisms as "hatred." If I "hate" this show I would have dropped it like I do everything else. I am not doing this to be a contrarian or a hipster or whatever BS you believe. I do it because I have a right to express my opinion as a member of this website, just as you are entitled to praise every episode to the Heavens as I assume you do.

There's a reason why people don't watch anime, and the inflation of this just goes to show how many fake fans of anime such as this are.

I don't plan on watching this, but understand it's the "premier shounen that surpasses SAO in all regards" based on what I've been hearing.
Jun 22, 2013 1:13 PM

Nov 2007
Only Idiots would make threads like this.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 22, 2013 3:51 PM

Apr 2012
Nope.
Jun 22, 2013 4:37 PM

Oct 2010
SnK was never a 100% action packed series, and if you can't stand the pace and are expecting it to be faster it's better drop it because the pace isn't going to change in the next arc.
Jun 22, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 2007
tl;dr see you next episode
Jun 22, 2013 4:46 PM
Dec 2012
why drop a good show ? It's not like a pay for it , so everyepisode is around 8-10/10 for me!
Jun 22, 2013 4:59 PM

Dec 2009
People need to stop making pathetic threads like this. See you next week though.
Jun 22, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2008
This show is too enjoyable, so i'm not gonna drop it.
Jun 22, 2013 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
Not dropping it but the pacing is atrocious. All those stills and 2 minute recaps don't help either.
Jun 22, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2009
Anime, Manga, Light Novel, Visual Novel, or whatever. I have not seen an adaptation that was actually better or as good as the original. However, adaptations have their own merits (eg. there's no music in manga and light novels, etc) that there are many times that the adaptation can be more enjoyable than the original. Still in my opinion, the original will always portray the story best. Expecting the adaptation to have the exact same pacing as the original or expecting even more than that are actually quite naive.

In my opinion, this adaption is actually good especially if you compare it to other adaptations. And honestly, I won't complain as long as non-manga readers do not get a bad impression of the series just because of the adaptation without seeing the original. And I don't think that's the case here at all.

Drop this series if you want. But I know you have two options when you said you dropped it (1. Get back what you said and watch next week again, 2. Watch it when the whole series is finished). Either way, you'll come back to watch it.
Jun 22, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
I haven't read the manga before, but the slow pacing could be for the perfect cliff hangers at the end of each episode. Because if they go at an audience enjoyable pace, the end of the episodes may not be much of an ending (because there's also the duration of the episode to worry about).
Jun 22, 2013 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
Just wait till the anime finishes and then marathon it in one go if you think the pacing is slow, geez! Personally as a non-manga reader, I'm reallying enjoying SnK. Past 2 episodes have been pretty slow but I'm okay with it since it's build-up episodes. If you prefer the manga than just stick with the manga. >.>
Jun 22, 2013 6:42 PM

May 2012
The manga sucked.
Lucky mangaka's frigging lucky.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 22, 2013 6:42 PM

Apr 2008
Shirubaasouru said:
The manga sucked.

Cute troll
Jun 22, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2011
Shirubaasouru said:
The manga sucked.

Oh, so cute
Jun 22, 2013 7:02 PM

May 2013
Amarrez said:
See you next week.
Jun 22, 2013 7:59 PM
Oct 2010
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

Sup! I didn't watch the episode, but it seems people aren't too happy about the pacing. Guess it wasn't just me after all.
Jun 22, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
skudoops said:
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

Sup! I didn't watch the episode, but it seems people aren't too happy about the pacing. Guess it wasn't just me after all.

See you next week.
The Art of Eight
Jun 22, 2013 8:13 PM
Oct 2010
dankickyou said:
skudoops said:
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

See you next week.

Yep, I'll come back and check out the thread next week and see if I was still right. It's also funny watching fanboys go crazy because of criticism.
Jun 22, 2013 8:19 PM

Apr 2013
skudoops said:
dankickyou said:
skudoops said:
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

See you next week.

Yep, I'll come back and check out the thread next week and see if I was still right. It's also funny watching fanboys go crazy because of criticism.
see you next week
Jun 22, 2013 8:19 PM
Oct 2010
Sourire said:
skudoops said:
dankickyou said:
skudoops said:
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

See you next week.

see you next week

Jun 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Nov 2010
skudoops said:
Sourire said:
skudoops said:
dankickyou said:
skudoops said:
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

See you next week.

see you next week

See you next week.
Jun 22, 2013 8:43 PM
Oct 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
skudoops said:
Sourire said:
skudoops said:
dankickyou said:
skudoops said:
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

See you next week.

see you next week

See you next week.

Jun 22, 2013 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
We have entered an endless recursion of quotes
Jun 22, 2013 8:47 PM

Apr 2013
pralan said:
I agree, I would even say that we have entered an endless recursion of quotes
Jun 22, 2013 8:48 PM

Nov 2009
lol@ Everyone in this thread. "I dropped it but I'm still hanging out in the series' forum". That makes too much sense.

I think the pacing is a tad slow but I'm okay with that, it makes me want more. Considering how the manga is even a bit slow paced yes, the series is going to take awhile to ramp up. 25 episodes seems awful short. Hopefully they don't decide to make an ending just for the series and go on with a season two.
ayoCrumbsJun 22, 2013 8:55 PM
Fear is the mind killer.
Jun 22, 2013 8:53 PM

Nov 2010
pralan said:
You're not supposed to talk about it, you're supposed to continue it.
Jun 22, 2013 8:57 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
pralan said:

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 22, 2013 9:01 PM
Aug 2011
More like I have dropped my pants.
Jun 22, 2013 9:04 PM

Feb 2012
Vorgier said:
lol@ Everyone in this thread. "I dropped it but I'm still hanging out in the series' forum". That makes too much sense.
I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I just use the Recent Posts section. Posts like this always confuse me.
Jun 22, 2013 9:09 PM

Apr 2013
Jun 22, 2013 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
It's actually better when pacing is slow, why complain?
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 22, 2013 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
pralan said:

Jun 22, 2013 10:05 PM

Oct 2012
Too gold for dropped...
But I'd to admit it's so slow paced :(
I like normal paced :)

parfaited said:

Sourire said:

Lol this exactly same sentences xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 22, 2013 10:08 PM
Oct 2010
Peten00b said:

There's a difference between a show being slow and one being overly slow. There's way too much recapping, flash backs and drawn out scenes happening here.
Jun 22, 2013 10:09 PM

Feb 2012
skudoops said:
Peten00b said:

There's a difference between a show being slow and one being overly slow. There's way too much recapping, flash backs and drawn out scenes happening here.

Jun 22, 2013 10:11 PM

Apr 2013
So what are you going to do with that extra 24 mins per week now that you dropped the show

Not like there's that many good animes out there
Jun 22, 2013 10:46 PM
Oct 2010
ShadowlQQ said:
So what are you going to do with that extra 24 mins per week now that you dropped the show

Not like there's that many good animes out there

Probably catch up on older shows. Everything that I haven't dropped is ending within the next two weeks. Might finish Eureka Seven AO, I just couldn't stand it anymore and dropped it with about 6 eps to go or something like that.
Jun 22, 2013 11:12 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
skudoops said:
Sourire said:
skudoops said:
dankickyou said:
skudoops said:
Arete7 said:
Amarrez said:
See you next week.

See you next week.

see you next week

See you next week.

Bump I mean see you next week.
Jun 22, 2013 11:42 PM

Apr 2011
No way! I will not!

Jun 23, 2013 12:04 AM

Dec 2007
Next episode has all action and some guy will show up in the end people are crazy about and make more action. Women be wet
Jun 23, 2013 12:07 AM

Jun 2013
Nah, there is still enough suspense to keep me going.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1656 by ExecrableDan »»
Jun 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Jul 13, 2013

546 by LT637_Anime »»
Jun 1, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.