Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the FT is on the loose.

I remember this from the manga. I think they extended the scenes a little though. The talk between Mikasa and Eren was kinda noticeable since she mentions about Annie killing his comrades. Damn it, that bite must of hurt like hell though.

http://i.imgur.com/ncLntmQ.png

I have to admit Mikasa was pretty epic this episode. Oh shit, Eren ;o and Erwin. Seems like they're extending the fight a bit. The OST is still epic as hell though imo.
Sep 21, 2013 10:21 AM

May 2010
Leviii!

Shit, Eren, that hand biting looked painful as hell. >_<

Mikasa rape face. lmao
She knows, Eren.
You must fight Annie!

Mikasa is fast!
Loved the finger slice!

Okay, changed a little of things ....

Eren, go!

*watches 3 more times*
My god its just so EPIC I can not even
MermaidGalaxiesSep 21, 2013 5:38 PM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 21, 2013 10:24 AM

Jul 2007
Jesus that budget.
Sep 21, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
DAT BUDGET THOUGH
[center]
Sep 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
Oh Female Titan rampages throughout the town, and Eren fails to transform to a Titan once again. Damn I felt the pain Eren had at the end, well he transforms successfully.

Damn animation still top notch in this episode.

Sep 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2010
Jesus Eren, took every bit of strength to transform.
Sep 21, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2010
i did not expect this much epicness in this episode!!!!!! :O

amazing
Sep 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
Yuuussss they played my favorite song on the OST during the Female Titan transformation scene in the very beginning.Then Bauklotze on Eren's transformation.

That scene with him biting his hand repeatedly was nasty lol. I was cringing when he was getting out from being trapped in the rubble.

TITAN FIGHT PART TWO NEXT EPISODE.
Kind of unbelievable that there's only one episode left though :(
Sep 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Apr 2009
Welp, this episode was about 10x better than what I expected. Loved it.
Sep 21, 2013 10:28 AM
Sep 2012
Holy crap...wow..what.. I mean.. it was altered from the manga but...oh my god.
Sep 21, 2013 10:29 AM

May 2009
Well, that was a pleasant surprise. WIT sure knows how to do the anime original stuff. And all that budget.
Sep 21, 2013 10:30 AM
Jul 2013
So.

An adaptation episode that exceeds the original material?

SnK, you've done it again.
Sep 21, 2013 10:31 AM
Sep 2012
I don't even care if they're not going to show the annie moment that was skipped. maybe in a certain reflective moment by Eren next week, but woooah

Oct 2012
Great episode, really enjoyed it and the animation was fantastic. Only one more episode to go now, but I'm sure we'll get a second season.

Sep 2010
even us manga readers was surprised this week. I expected them to add dialog "filler", not this epic stuff

*mind blown*
Jul 2018
Lots of anime original action in this episode.Words can't describe the pain it took for Eren to transform.Final episode next week and maybe a 2nd season in 1-2 years!
Sep 21, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2010
Anime staff sure loves to make Eren suffer..
Sep 21, 2013 10:34 AM

Jan 2011
Now that's how you do fillers. Based WIT x Isayama.
I can see beauty where others see ugliness. That either makes me an artist or a person of very poor taste (с)

Sep 21, 2013 10:43 AM
Jul 2013
Wait wait wait.

So if this episode is this epic...

Then episode 25, which will be shown in theaters... will be.... BALLISTIC.
Sep 21, 2013 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
Xinception said:
Wait wait wait.

And that cliffhanger ending... The river of tears should be delicious
I can see beauty where others see ugliness. That either makes me an artist or a person of very poor taste (с)

Sep 21, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
Xinception said:
Wait wait wait.

pretty much confirmed now that the anime will be stopping at the end of chapter 33, like everyone have been expecting. Then i expect a lot of added eye candy for the final episode, since it will only cover that 1 chapter :D

damm next saturday is too far away :(
Sep 21, 2013 10:59 AM
Sep 2012
I think next week will mix stuff from ch. 33 and 34. In a directorial sense the cliffhanger would be too abrupt.
Sep 21, 2013 11:06 AM

Mar 2008
dimsumftw said:
Jesus that budget.

More budget than whole Trost Arc!!

But I don't like what the anime do with Eren, to me he is trolled by the script, over and over againg.
That scene with Eren and Mikasa in it's original form from mangá is so much "character defining". Different from Mikasa, the Eren and decide something and does, he has no doubts after he decide (as we see later on in the manga).
sakaSep 21, 2013 11:52 PM
Sep 21, 2013 11:08 AM
Sep 2012
PaninaManina said:
dimsumftw said:
Jesus that budget.

More budget than whole Trost Arc!!

But I don't like what the anime do with Eren, to me he is trolled by the script, over and over againg.
That scene with Eren and Mikasa in it's original form from mangá is so much "character defining". Different from Mikasa, the Eren and decide something and does, he has no doubts after he decide (as we see later on in the manga).

Did you see any doubts there with that freaking bloodied face? It's the same idea.
sakaSep 21, 2013 11:52 PM
Sep 21, 2013 11:09 AM

Jan 2011
Pipoko said:
I think next week will mix stuff from ch. 33 and 34. In a directorial sense the cliffhanger would be too abrupt.

They better not. Ending the anime at ch.33 is by far the best thing they could possibly do now.

Sep 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2008
Pipoko said:

Did you see any doubts there with that freaking bloodied face? It's the same idea.

While the whole survey corps battle is something good to see, for it to happen the anime needed bury Eren under a ton of debris and then he reflects for a half an hour until decide. In the mangá:

Misaka: "The world is a cruel place."
Eren: "Sure it is."

Then he transform.
Sep 21, 2013 11:14 AM
Sep 2013
i am having trouble finding this episode.
i would be happy if someone could PM with a link :)
Sep 21, 2013 11:15 AM
Sep 2012
PaninaManina said:
Pipoko said:

While the whole survey corps battle is something good to see, for it to happen the anime needed bury Eren under a ton of debris and then he reflects for a half an hour until decide. In the mangá:

Misaka: "The world is a cruel place."
Eren: "Sure it is."

Then he transform.

Seemed to me he was out cold/with very wavering concious till the final minutes. Then he comes to the same decision with added flashbacks of the dead comerades. I think it's the same idea, except a little more dramatic. It didn't feel like ruining it because the filler was action and not just focused on Eren.
Sep 21, 2013 11:19 AM

Sep 2010
Pipoko said:

it would be pretty abrupt, but i think it will suit this show fine. It wouldn't make much sense to add dialog from chapter 34 though, since the last episode will be shown in theater. I doubt they would do that, unless it's gonna be top notch action

on another note, they really nailed Misaka's character these past 2 weeks. Those eyes of hers are scary as hell :D
Sep 21, 2013 11:28 AM
Jul 2013
This anime really likes to end so many of its episodes in cliffhangers...what an intense ep
Sep 21, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
Mills said:
Yuuussss they played my favorite song on the OST during the Female Titan transformation scene in the very beginning.Then Bauklotze on Eren's transformation.

That scene with him biting his hand repeatedly was nasty lol. I was cringing when he was getting out from being trapped in the rubble.

Actually, the version they played was Vogel im Kafig.
mitch3315 said:
This might be a bit hard for you to believe, I know I didn't at first, but the thing is that other people actually have different opinions to your own. Crazy, right? How dare they not conform to your opinion on this show, or any other, who the hell do they think they are?
Sep 21, 2013 11:39 AM
Sep 2013
The whole episode was filler. Nice
2/5
Sep 21, 2013 11:47 AM
Sep 2013
Be_Careful said:
The whole episode was filler. Nice
2/5

This is what someone without any idea of this manga will say..

As manga reader, i was surprised when Eren didnt transform when Mikasa and Armin goes out, then i remembered some things..

There's a few mistakes on the own manga chapter, Eren bites his hand and when Armin and Mikasa goes out, theres no blood on his mouth, and they go out without anything to cover his identity (LIKE THEY HAVE DONE IN THIS CHAPTER, AMAZING)

The idea of adapt all this manga chapter to Anime.. Its just impossible, i mean, if they done that, they will reach the Wall chapter in THIS chapter.. cause the fight its SO fast, they know that, and thats why they decided to to this...

The fight on the manga was nothing, it was so fast, without any tension, here i feel all the strong of the original manga, but BETTER, they really know how Isayama think, i just want to read his impresions tomorrow, but IM SURE that he will LOVE this chapter, the whole idea... Show what happened to Jean disguised as Eren, or what happened to Erwin.. its just amazing, like chapter 22 with the bodies of Levi squadron

So.. For me, this chapter even EXCEED the original one... 11/10
I'm not english, i'm spanish, so sorry for my mistakes when i write D:

I figured out the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin back in 2014 :)
Sep 21, 2013 11:50 AM

May 2012
Intense episode! Annie is killing everyone. Mikasa is getting it in. City in panic, and everyone trying their to capture her. Then Eren transform. Shit got real. Hit Annie so hard the screen turn colors. I don't know why they always end the episode when things are about to get really real. Can't wait for the next episode. Hell might just fly to japan just to see it.
Sep 21, 2013 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
Yuki Kaji does an outstanding job as always.

Very, very interesting filler in this episode.

Eren's transformation happened somewhat differently, but I preferred it this way.

I can't wait for...

I just want it all to end happily.
sakaSep 21, 2013 11:55 PM
Lolis > Everything
Sep 21, 2013 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
Willard_Filmore said:
Mills said:

Nah. When Eren pulled his body off of the object that impaled him and transformed, the song was Bauklotze. I'm 100% sure.
Sep 21, 2013 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
I'm a manga elitist and I liked the filler. I was a bit iffy on 22's, but I didn't mind it here since otherwise the episode would have been quite boring.
Sep 21, 2013 12:03 PM
Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
I'm a manga elitist and I liked the filler. I was a bit iffy on 22's, but I didn't mind it here since otherwise the episode would have been quite boring.

If you do appriciate some of the filler, Well, then you're not an elitist, are you?
Sep 21, 2013 12:05 PM

Apr 2009
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:

If you do appriciate some of the filler, Well, then you're not an elitist, are you?

But I am an elitist. If someone told me the SnK anime was better than the manga I'd be hella mad, yo.
Sep 21, 2013 12:07 PM

Jan 2009
11/10

and... ok... I want a second season... NOW!
english isn't my native language... ;)
Sep 21, 2013 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:

But I am an elitist. If someone told me the SnK anime was better than the manga I'd be hella mad, yo.
Anime > Manga

Seriously, though. I think Annie's scene and this episode were superior to the Manga version.

I guess after watching the Anime and switching to the Manga, there's so much more suspense.

Especially when you know the true identities.

I think the only bits that were filler was how Eren turned in to a Titan, and that's not even filler.

Also, I don't remember Erwin having a gun put towards him, but that was some awesome filler.
sakaSep 21, 2013 11:55 PM
Lolis > Everything
Sep 21, 2013 12:16 PM
Jun 2013
Tis' the first time in my life that a filler in the anime actually impressed me and made me yell for more o_O
Sep 21, 2013 12:18 PM
Sep 2012
Be_Careful said:

rolf. seriously dude? just read ch.32 and come tell what is filler.

I don't care if it's filler. It was pretty damn awesome. Awesome animation, awesome directing.
Hell, I bet if any manga readers hadn't read the manga, nobody would be able to tell it's filler.
PipokoSep 21, 2013 12:23 PM
Sep 21, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2009
Mills said:
Willard_Filmore said:
Mills said:
Nah. When Eren pulled his body off of the object that impaled him and transformed, the song was Bauklotze. I'm 100% sure.
Neither. It's ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn.
Sep 21, 2013 12:25 PM

May 2009
Great episode, not a fan of some sequences (like the scout leg. soldier throwing the other one) but overall i think it was handled pretty well! 4/5 is my take.

Be_Careful said:
And it's not only that the 90% of the episode is filler they also change the place of 10% canon scenes.

The first half of the episode is chapter 32 stuff and i believe a little of the 2nd half is from the manga as well. Now, can we not spam this thread with yet another discussion?
Sep 21, 2013 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
Manga elitists? There's nothing wrong with being disappointed when a scene doesn't pan out the way you expect it to.
Suzune-chanSep 21, 2013 12:52 PM
enjoy your friends while they can, they might die in a few chapters
Sep 21, 2013 12:46 PM

Dec 2012
Some parts of the chapters animated are missing, others are developed and actually they make this part of the story more meaningful. Absolutely adored how it was handled, especially in regards to the Scouting Legion leaders. Manga readers are certainly familiar with the events in chapters 48 and 49 and are aware of Erwin's gift to learn quickly, set bold traps, and push things forward to his aims. Happy we had Hanji, because it's her turn soon to face alone another enemies, and (personally) I liked how she span the cord of her immobilizing cannon - in their gruesome defeat, Erwin, Hanji, Levi and the others did spend the short time in going through all the horrible events during the mission outside Wall Rose. They couldn't bring the bodies of their comrades back, but they will make the enemy pay for the loss.

Mikasa has learned a thing or two from Levi's fight with Annie. So is Annie, but she is denied an upper hand here.

Armin and, surprisingly Jean, are becoming good soldiers. Armin continues to build up offensive skills, Jean's getting less a brat.

OK, I have the Eren-titan back, but, WIT guys, you beat the shit out of him this time :)
Anyway, manga-readers know he is not the OP brainless idiot, but here, I think it's clearer that he shapes more and more as a tragic hero. Aside that, the issue with all human-titans will always bring controversies, personal and general, about what are they as humans and their fate as titans.

Loved the episode, every shot of it. Kudos for the confidence in making it spectacular and exciting!

Caps:

All about Annie Leonhardt: http://imgur.com/63T5kr0

Danchou and Heichou: http://imgur.com/bbWG5Ly

Never shown in the manga - Annie building in: http://imgur.com/gnANPTm

Nobody expect the Spanish Inquisition, a familiar face from the trial: http://imgur.com/XbI6bbU (they just love to point guns at humans, don't they)

ARMIN: http://imgur.com/DwHqeNP

Armin and Jean vs. Annie: http://imgur.com/jfSPNxa

HANJI: http://imgur.com/xul5oQC
Hanji vs. Annie: http://imgur.com/bPFza2w

Mikasa vs. Annie:

http://imgur.com/3Xah9C4
http://imgur.com/YsPkBB6
http://imgur.com/WfuUc66
http://imgur.com/ecMNR6w

Eren, before: http://imgur.com/gNjyOKT
and
Eren, after, vs. Annie: http://imgur.com/LR1ESFE
zellamiSep 21, 2013 1:26 PM
Sep 21, 2013 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
stAtic91 said:
Mills said:
Willard_Filmore said:
Mills said:
Neither. It's ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn.

...It's Bauklotze. Rewatch and listen to the song playing when he tears himself off.
Here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_KqNhFzZAw Start at 1:30.
MillsSep 21, 2013 12:51 PM
Sep 21, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Clean Up
All off topic ranting about manga vs anime and who is or is not an elitist has been removed.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
Not sure if I liked what they did with Eren or not.

I liked how he thought about his comrades and mother and how he failed to protect/save them, but I did like the more personal scene in the manga, arghhhh!

Jean and Armin's teamwork was cool, and Mikasa was in trouble in the end. But of course Eren has transformed and starts to lay the smackdown.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.